Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
- Graf P, Dolzblasz A, Würschum T, Lenhard M, Pfreundt U, Laux T. MGOUN1 encodes an Arabidopsis type IB DNA topoisomerase required in stem cell regulation and to maintain developmentally regulated gene silencing. Plant Cell. 2010;22:716-28 pubmed publisher..The specific developmental defects in mgo1 mutants link topoisomerase IB function in Arabidopsis to stable propagation of developmentally regulated gene expression. ..
- Renew S, Heyno E, Schopfer P, Liszkay A. Sensitive detection and localization of hydroxyl radical production in cucumber roots and Arabidopsis seedlings by spin trapping electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy. Plant J. 2005;44:342-7 pubmed..Spin trapping EPR provides a valuable tool for analyzing the production of OH*in vivo with high resolution in small tissue samples. ..
- Klose C, Buche C, Fernández A, Schafer E, Zwick E, Kretsch T. The mediator complex subunit PFT1 interferes with COP1 and HY5 in the regulation of Arabidopsis light signaling. Plant Physiol. 2012;160:289-307 pubmed publisher..Our data further indicate that PFT1 regulates the floral transition downstream of phyA. The PFT1 missense mutation seems to create a constitutively active transcription factor by mimicking an early step in light signaling. ..
- Skibbe H, Reisert M, Schmidt T, Brox T, Ronneberger O, Burkhardt H. Fast rotation invariant 3D feature computation utilizing efficient local neighborhood operators. IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell. 2012;34:1563-75 pubmed..In a direct comparison to existing volumetric features, among them 3D SIFT, our descriptors reveal superior performance. ..
- Ueda M, Zhang Z, Laux T. Transcriptional activation of Arabidopsis axis patterning genes WOX8/9 links zygote polarity to embryo development. Dev Cell. 2011;20:264-70 pubmed publisher..Both defects are rescued by overexpressing WOX8, indicating that WRKY2-dependent WOX8 transcription links zygote polarization with embryo patterning. ..
- Dieterle M, Bauer D, Buche C, Krenz M, Schafer E, Kretsch T. A new type of mutation in phytochrome A causes enhanced light sensitivity and alters the degradation and subcellular partitioning of the photoreceptor. Plant J. 2005;41:146-61 pubmed..In contrast, the mutation stabilizes nuclear speckles (NUS) that appear late under continuous far-red light, whereas the formation of early, transiently appearing NUS remained more or less unaltered. ..
- Galzerano D, Feilke K, Schaub P, Beyer P, Krieger Liszkay A. Effect of constitutive expression of bacterial phytoene desaturase CRTI on photosynthetic electron transport in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1837:345-53 pubmed publisher..We propose that PTOX competes efficiently with cyclic electron flow for plastoquinol in the CRTI-expressing lines and that it plays a crucial role in the control of the reduction state of the plastoquinone pool...
- Würschum T, Gross Hardt R, Laux T. APETALA2 regulates the stem cell niche in the Arabidopsis shoot meristem. Plant Cell. 2006;18:295-307 pubmed..Genetic analysis shows that termination of the primary shoot meristem in l28 mutants requires an active CLV signaling pathway, indicating that AP2 functions in stem cell maintenance by modifying the WUS-CLV3 feedback loop. ..
- Ziemienowicz A, Haasen D, Staiger D, Merkle T. Arabidopsis transportin1 is the nuclear import receptor for the circadian clock-regulated RNA-binding protein AtGRP7. Plant Mol Biol. 2003;53:201-12 pubmed..These results suggest that the transportin-mediated nuclear import pathway is highly conserved between man, yeast and plants. ..
- Zimmermann S, Baumann A, Jaekel K, Marbach I, Engelberg D, Frohnmeyer H. UV-responsive genes of arabidopsis revealed by similarity to the Gcn4-mediated UV response in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:17017-24 pubmed..Expression studies in seedlings revealed that the level of NDPK Ia mRNA, like that of HDH, increases in response to UV-B light. It appears that NDPK Ia and HDH are components of a novel UV-responsive pathway in A. thaliana. ..
- Holweg C. A rapid tracking method for the quantitative analysis of organelle streaming velocity. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;586:265-73 pubmed publisher..These include the retardation of streaming upon myosin inhibition and a similar, but much less expected, response following the overexpression of actin-binding proteins. ..
- Bartels S, Anderson J, González Besteiro M, Carreri A, Hirt H, Buchala A, et al. MAP kinase phosphatase1 and protein tyrosine phosphatase1 are repressors of salicylic acid synthesis and SNC1-mediated responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2009;21:2884-97 pubmed publisher..Our data thus indicate a major role of MKP1 and PTP1 in repressing salicylic acid biosynthesis in the autoimmune-like response caused by SNC1. ..
- Kircher S, Terecskei K, Wolf I, Sipos M, Adam E. Phytochrome A-specific signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Signal Behav. 2011;6:1714-9 pubmed publisher..Until now more then ten positive and some negative components acting downstream of phyA have been identified. However, their site of action and hierarchical relationships are not completely understood yet. ..
- Rausenberger J, Hussong A, Kircher S, Kirchenbauer D, Timmer J, Nagy F, et al. An integrative model for phytochrome B mediated photomorphogenesis: from protein dynamics to physiology. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10721 pubmed publisher..Hence, we conclude that the integrative model suggested in this study captures the main features of phyB-mediated photomorphogenesis in Arabidopsis. ..
- Paponov I, Paponov M, Teale W, Menges M, Chakrabortee S, Murray J, et al. Comprehensive transcriptome analysis of auxin responses in Arabidopsis. Mol Plant. 2008;1:321-37 pubmed publisher..Our analysis provides a roadmap for auxin-dependent processes that underpins the concept of an 'auxin code'--a tissue-specific fingerprint of gene expression that initiates specific developmental processes. ..
- Molendijk A, Ruperti B, Singh M, Dovzhenko A, Ditengou F, Milia M, et al. A cysteine-rich receptor-like kinase NCRK and a pathogen-induced protein kinase RBK1 are Rop GTPase interactors. Plant J. 2008;53:909-23 pubmed..Our data indicate the existence of cross-talk between Rop GTPases and specific receptor-like kinases through direct molecular interaction. ..
- Kircher S, Gil P, Kozma Bognar L, Fejes E, Speth V, Husselstein Muller T, et al. Nucleocytoplasmic partitioning of the plant photoreceptors phytochrome A, B, C, D, and E is regulated differentially by light and exhibits a diurnal rhythm. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1541-55 pubmed
- Sweere U, Eichenberg K, Lohrmann J, Mira Rodado V, Bäurle I, Kudla J, et al. Interaction of the response regulator ARR4 with phytochrome B in modulating red light signaling. Science. 2001;294:1108-11 pubmed..We propose that the response regulator 4 acts as an output element of a two-component system that modulates red light signaling on the level of the phytochrome B photoreceptor. ..
- Aichinger E, Kornet N, Friedrich T, Laux T. Plant stem cell niches. Annu Rev Plant Biol. 2012;63:615-36 pubmed publisher..We address the roles of mobile signals on transcriptional modules involved in balancing cell fates. In addition, we discuss shared features of and differences between the distinct stem cell niches of Arabidopsis...
- Fernández A, Gil P, Valkai I, Nagy F, Schafer E. Analysis of the function of the photoreceptors phytochrome B and phytochrome D in Nicotiana plumbaginifolia and Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:790-6 pubmed..These data indicate that AtPHYD:GFP is biologically active and functions as the main red light receptor in transgenic tobacco, and establish an experimental system for the functional analysis of this elusive photoreceptor in vivo. ..
- Maass D, Arango J, Wüst F, Beyer P, Welsch R. Carotenoid crystal formation in Arabidopsis and carrot roots caused by increased phytoene synthase protein levels. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6373 pubmed publisher..Thus, PSY expression plays a major, rate-limiting role in the transition from white to orange-colored carrots. ..
- Müller R, Fernández A, Hiltbrunner A, Schafer E, Kretsch T. The histidine kinase-related domain of Arabidopsis phytochrome a controls the spectral sensitivity and the subcellular distribution of the photoreceptor. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:1297-309 pubmed publisher..Degradation of the mutated phyA is unaltered even under light conditions that inhibit its nuclear accumulation, indicating that phyA degradation may occur mostly in the cytoplasm. ..
- Breuninger H, Rikirsch E, Hermann M, Ueda M, Laux T. Differential expression of WOX genes mediates apical-basal axis formation in the Arabidopsis embryo. Dev Cell. 2008;14:867-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results link the spatial separation of WOX transcription factors to localized auxin response and the formation of the main body axis in the embryo. ..
- Rausenberger J, Tscheuschler A, Nordmeier W, Wüst F, Timmer J, Schafer E, et al. Photoconversion and nuclear trafficking cycles determine phytochrome A's response profile to far-red light. Cell. 2011;146:813-25 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest how higher plants acquired the ability to sense far-red light from an ancestral photoreceptor tuned to respond to red light. ..
- Bauer D, Viczian A, Kircher S, Nobis T, Nitschke R, Kunkel T, et al. Constitutive photomorphogenesis 1 and multiple photoreceptors control degradation of phytochrome interacting factor 3, a transcription factor required for light signaling in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1433-45 pubmed..Thus, we propose that PIF3 acts transiently, and its major function is to mediate phytochrome-induced signaling during the developmental switch from skotomorphogenesis to photomorphogenesis and/or dark to light transitions. ..
- Alder A, Jamil M, Marzorati M, Bruno M, Vermathen M, Bigler P, et al. The path from ?-carotene to carlactone, a strigolactone-like plant hormone. Science. 2012;335:1348-51 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of the structure of carlactone will be crucial for understanding the biology of strigolactones and may have applications in combating parasitic weeds...
- Walter N, Holweg C. Head-neck domain of Arabidopsis myosin XI, MYA2, fused with GFP produces F-actin patterns that coincide with fast organelle streaming in different plant cells. BMC Plant Biol. 2008;8:74 pubmed publisher..Links between myosin heads and F-actin-based motility have been less investigated. To address this function, we performed localization studies using the head-neck domain of AtMYA2, a myosin XI from Arabidopsis...
- Andexer J, Staunig N, Eggert T, Kratky C, Pohl M, Gruber K. Hydroxynitrile lyases with α/β-hydrolase fold: two enzymes with almost identical 3D structures but opposite enantioselectivities and different reaction mechanisms. Chembiochem. 2012;13:1932-9 pubmed publisher..This mechanistic proposal is additionally supported by mutagenesis studies. ..
- Welsch R, Maass D, Voegel T, DellaPenna D, Beyer P. Transcription factor RAP2.2 and its interacting partner SINAT2: stable elements in the carotenogenesis of Arabidopsis leaves. Plant Physiol. 2007;145:1073-85 pubmed..The action of SINAT2 may explain the recalcitrance of AtRAP2.2 protein levels to change by altering AtRAP2.2 transcription. ..
- Haecker A, Gross Hardt R, Geiges B, Sarkar A, Breuninger H, Herrmann M, et al. Expression dynamics of WOX genes mark cell fate decisions during early embryonic patterning in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2004;131:657-68 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that during plant embryogenesis region-specific transcription programs are initiated very early in single precursor cells and that WOX genes play an important role in this process. ..
- Sarkar A, Luijten M, Miyashima S, Lenhard M, Hashimoto T, Nakajima K, et al. Conserved factors regulate signalling in Arabidopsis thaliana shoot and root stem cell organizers. Nature. 2007;446:811-4 pubmed..Importantly, both WOX5 and WUS maintain stem cells in either a root or shoot context. Together, our data indicate that stem cell maintenance signalling in both meristems employs related regulators. ..
- Palme K, Dovzhenko A, Ditengou F. Auxin transport and gravitational research: perspectives. Protoplasma. 2006;229:175-81 pubmed..This will put us on a road towards the molecular systems biology of the Arabidopsis gravitropic response...
- Deyhle F, Sarkar A, Tucker E, Laux T. WUSCHEL regulates cell differentiation during anther development. Dev Biol. 2007;302:154-9 pubmed..Comparing WUS function in stem cell maintenance and sexual organ development suggests that WUS expressing cells represent a conserved signaling module that regulates behavior and communication of undifferentiated cells. ..