Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Tübingen, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Tübingen, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications620 found, 100 shown here
- Paquet Durand F, Hauck S, van Veen T, Ueffing M, Ekstrom P. PKG activity causes photoreceptor cell death in two retinitis pigmentosa models. J Neurochem. 2009;108:796-810 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a pivotal role for PKG activity in cGMP-mediated photoreceptor degeneration mechanisms and highlight the importance of PKG as a novel target for the pharmacological intervention in RP. ..
- Hermes M, Eichhoff G, Garaschuk O. Intracellular calcium signalling in Alzheimer's disease. J Cell Mol Med. 2010;14:30-41 pubmed publisher..We particularly focus on the processes taking place in the immediate vicinity of amyloid plaques and on their possible role for AD-mediated brain dysfunction. ..
- Rexhepaj R, Rotte A, Pasham V, Gu S, Kempe D, Lang F. PI3 kinase and PDK1 in the regulation of the electrogenic intestinal dipeptide transport. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;25:715-22 pubmed publisher..Both, Ip and DeltapHi were significantly smaller in PDK1 hypomorphic mice (pdk(1flfl)) than in their wild type littermates (pdk1(wt)). In conclusion, PI3K and PDK1 participate in the regulation of basal peptide transport. ..
- Noell S, Mayer D, Strauss W, Tatagiba M, Ritz R. Selective enrichment of hypericin in malignant glioma: pioneering in vivo results. Int J Oncol. 2011;38:1343-8 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, the present study demonstrates for the first time that hypericin accumulates selectively in intracerebral implanted C6 glioma in vivo after systemic (intravenous) administration. ..
- Osterauer R, Fassbender C, Braunbeck T, Köhler H. Genotoxicity of platinum in embryos of zebrafish (Danio rerio) and ramshorn snail (Marisa cornuarietis). Sci Total Environ. 2011;409:2114-9 pubmed publisher..cornuarietis at 1?g/l PtCl(2) and beyond. The results of the study suggest a high sensitivity of M. cornuarietis concerning the genotoxic impact of PtCl(2). ..
- Sausbier U, Dullin C, Missbach Guentner J, Kabagema C, Flockerzie K, Kuscher G, et al. Osteopenia due to enhanced cathepsin K release by BK channel ablation in osteoclasts. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21168 pubmed publisher..Thus, the BK(-/-) mouse-line represents a new model for juvenile osteopenia, and revealed the BK channel as putative new target for therapeutic controlling of osteoclast activity. ..
- Schonberger T, Ziegler M, Borst O, Konrad I, Nieswandt B, Massberg S, et al. The dimeric platelet collagen receptor GPVI-Fc reduces platelet adhesion to activated endothelium and preserves myocardial function after transient ischemia in mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2012;303:C757-66 pubmed publisher..Taken together, administration of GPVI-Fc offers a novel strategy to control platelet-mediated inflammation and to preserve myocardial function following myocardial infarction. ..
- Angres B, Muller A, Kellermann J, Hausen P. Differential expression of two cadherins in Xenopus laevis. Development. 1991;111:829-44 pubmed..These findings are discussed in the context of current hypotheses on the role of cadherins in establishing the spatial structure of the embryo. ..
- Klein J, Benoist C, David C, Demant P, Lindahl K, Flaherty L, et al. Revised nomenclature of mouse H-2 genes. Immunogenetics. 1990;32:147-9 pubmed
- Lehmann R, Frohnhofer H. Segmental polarity and identity in the abdomen of Drosophila is controlled by the relative position of gap gene expression. Development. 1989;107 Suppl:21-9 pubmed..The function of the maternal gene products becomes dispensable once the position of the zygotically expressed gap genes is determined. Subsequently the gap genes will control the pattern of the pair-rule and segment polarity genes. ..
- Garami A, Ilg T. Disruption of mannose activation in Leishmania mexicana: GDP-mannose pyrophosphorylase is required for virulence, but not for viability. EMBO J. 2001;20:3657-66 pubmed..Our study demonstrates that GDP-mannose biosynthesis is not essential for Leishmania viability in culture, but constitutes a virulence pathway in these human pathogens. ..
- Ferlinz K, Kopal G, Bernardo K, Linke T, Bar J, Breiden B, et al. Human acid ceramidase: processing, glycosylation, and lysosomal targeting. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35352-60 pubmed..None of the mutant ceramidases gave rise to an increased rate of secretion, suggesting that lysosomal targeting does not depend on one single carbohydrate chain. ..
- Osterauer R, Köhler H, Triebskorn R. Histopathological alterations and induction of hsp70 in ramshorn snail (Marisa cornuarietis) and zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos after exposure to PtCl(2). Aquat Toxicol. 2010;99:100-7 pubmed publisher..The hsp70 level in M. cornuarietis did not show an increase following Pt exposure whereas it was significantly elevated at 100 micorg/L PtCl(2) in D. rerio. ..
- Ng B, Logothetis N, Kayser C. EEG phase patterns reflect the selectivity of neural firing. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:389-98 pubmed publisher..These findings support a neural basis for stimulus selective and entrained EEG phase patterns and reveal a level of interrelation between encephalographic signals and neural firing beyond simple amplitude covariations in both signals. ..
- Orhan G, Wuttke T, Nies A, Schwab M, Lerche H. Retigabine/Ezogabine, a KCNQ/K(V)7 channel opener: pharmacological and clinical data. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2012;13:1807-16 pubmed publisher..Retigabine/Ezogabine (RTG) is a third-generation antiepileptic drug (AED) with a novel mechanism of action. It enhances the activity of voltage-gated K(V)7 potassium channels...
- König K, Kohler D, Granja T, Jennewein C, Tran N, Mirakaj V, et al. The uncoordinated-5 homolog B receptor affects hepatic ischemia reperfusion injury. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41085 pubmed publisher..In conclusion our studies demonstrate a significant role for UNC5B in the development of hepatic IRI and identified UNC5B as a potential drug target to prevent liver dysfunction in the future. ..
- Mays L, Ammon Treiber S, Mothes B, Alkhaled M, Rottenberger J, Müller Hermelink E, et al. Modified Foxp3 mRNA protects against asthma through an IL-10-dependent mechanism. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1216-28 pubmed publisher..Delivery of Foxp3 mRNA to sites of inflammation may offer a novel, safe therapeutic tool for the treatment of allergic asthma and other diseases driven by an imbalance in helper T cell responses. ..
- Lang F, Münzer P, Gawaz M, Borst O. Regulation of STIM1/Orai1-dependent Ca2+ signalling in platelets. Thromb Haemost. 2013;110:925-30 pubmed publisher..Future studies are required defining the significance of those mechanisms for platelet Orai1 abundance and function, for SOCE into platelets and for platelet function in cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Grossmann A, Weiland E. Immunization with inactivated lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus followed by virus infection favors the selection of hybridomas synthesizing antibodies cross-reacting with intermediate filaments and the LDV envelope protein VP3. Autoimmunity. 1991;8:329-33 pubmed
- Reuter R, Grunewald B, Leptin M. A role for the mesoderm in endodermal migration and morphogenesis in Drosophila. Development. 1993;119:1135-45 pubmed..We conclude that the visceral mesoderm serves as a substratum for the migrating endodermal cells and that the contact between visceral mesoderm and endoderm is required for the latter to become an epithelium. ..
- Heisenberg C, Brand M, Jiang Y, Warga R, Beuchle D, van Eeden F, et al. Genes involved in forebrain development in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Development. 1996;123:191-203 pubmed..In an appendix to this study we list mutants showing alterations in the size of the eyes and abnormal differentiation of the lenses. ..
- Kelsh R, Brand M, Jiang Y, Heisenberg C, Lin S, Haffter P, et al. Zebrafish pigmentation mutations and the processes of neural crest development. Development. 1996;123:369-89 pubmed..In combination with the embryological advantages of zebrafish, these mutations should permit cellular and molecular dissection of many aspects of neural crest development...
- Busch Nentwich E, Sollner C, Roehl H, Nicolson T. The deafness gene dfna5 is crucial for ugdh expression and HA production in the developing ear in zebrafish. Development. 2004;131:943-51 pubmed..We hypothesize that the reduction of HA production leads to uncoordinated outgrowth of the canal columns and impaired facial cartilage differentiation. ..
- Christie M, Boland A, Huntzinger E, Weichenrieder O, Izaurralde E. Structure of the PAN3 pseudokinase reveals the basis for interactions with the PAN2 deadenylase and the GW182 proteins. Mol Cell. 2013;51:360-73 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal the structural basis for the interaction of PAN3 with PAN2 and the recruitment of the PAN2-PAN3 complex to miRNA targets by TNRC6 proteins. ..
- Courtot C, Fankhauser C, Simanis V, Lehner C. The Drosophila cdc25 homolog twine is required for meiosis. Development. 1992;116:405-16 pubmed..Phenotypic analysis of mat(2)synHB5 mutant flies revealed a complete block of meiosis in males and severe meiotic defects in females. ..
- Ferrandon D, Koch I, Westhof E, Nusslein Volhard C. RNA-RNA interaction is required for the formation of specific bicoid mRNA 3' UTR-STAUFEN ribonucleoprotein particles. EMBO J. 1997;16:1751-8 pubmed..The bcd mRNA 3' UTR can also dimerize in vitro in the absence of STAU. Thus, in addition to RNA-protein interactions, RNA-RNA interaction might be involved in the formation of ribonucleoprotein particles for transport and localization. ..
- Heisenberg C, Nusslein Volhard C. The function of silberblick in the positioning of the eye anlage in the zebrafish embryo. Dev Biol. 1997;184:85-94 pubmed..These findings may therefore provide a starting point in elucidating the role of neural plate morphogenesis in positioning of the eyes. ..
- Weigmann K, Cohen S, Lehner C. Cell cycle progression, growth and patterning in imaginal discs despite inhibition of cell division after inactivation of Drosophila Cdc2 kinase. Development. 1997;124:3555-63 pubmed..The mechanisms that regulate size of the disc therefore do not function by regulating cell division, but appear to act primarily by regulating size in terms of physical distance or tissue volume. ..
- David R, Joos T, Dreyer C. Anteroposterior patterning and organogenesis of Xenopus laevis require a correct dose of germ cell nuclear factor (xGCNF). Mech Dev. 1998;79:137-52 pubmed..From the distinct phenotypes obtained, we conclude that GCNF has an essential function in anteroposterior differentiation during organogenesis. ..
- Rahman B, Schneider H, Bröer A, Deitmer J, Broer S. Helix 8 and helix 10 are involved in substrate recognition in the rat monocarboxylate transporter MCT1. Biochemistry. 1999;38:11577-84 pubmed..It is suggested that substrate binding occurs in the carboxy-terminal half of MCT1 and that helices 8 and 10 are involved in the recognition of different parts of the substrate. ..
- Marquardt O, Rahman M, Freiberg B. Genetic and antigenic variance of foot-and-mouth disease virus type Asia1. Arch Virol. 2000;145:149-57 pubmed..Combination of all data allowed to suggest the location of the epitope of each antibody: the VP1 G-H and the VP2 B-C loop, the VP3 B-B knob, and the N-terminus of VP2, respectively, were involved. ..
- Spyridopoulos I, Isner J, Losordo D. Oncogenic ras induces premature senescence in endothelial cells: role of p21(Cip1/Waf1). Basic Res Cardiol. 2002;97:117-24 pubmed..Increased sensitivity of senescent endothelial cells for cytotoxic stimuli seemed to be due to Ras-induced upregulation of p21(Cip1/Waf1). Future studies have to investigate a potential role of Ras in human vascular biology. ..
- Oppitz M, Mack A, Drews U. Ca2+-mobilization and cell contraction after muscarinic cholinergic stimulation of the chick embryo lens. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:4813-9 pubmed..The carbachol-induced contraction indicates that the embryonic muscarinic system may be involved in the regulation of cellular movements. ..
- Bette S, Schlaszus H, Wissinger B, Meyermann R, Mittelbronn M. OPA1, associated with autosomal dominant optic atrophy, is widely expressed in the human brain. Acta Neuropathol. 2005;109:393-9 pubmed
- Seitz G, Boehmler A, Kanz L, Mohle R. The role of sphingosine 1-phosphate receptors in the trafficking of hematopoietic progenitor cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1044:84-9 pubmed..This could explain the previously observed contribution of primary hematopoietic stem cells to tissue repair in myocardial infarction and other diseases. ..
- Wank V, Fischer M, Walter B, Bauer R. Muscle growth and fiber type composition in hind limb muscles during postnatal development in pigs. Cells Tissues Organs. 2006;182:171-81 pubmed..In contrast, at birth no remarkable differences in the diameter of fast and slow fibers were found. The rapid increase in muscle mass compared to body mass reflects the high performance in meat production of the cross pig investigated...
- Gotz T, Verfuss U, Schnitzler H. 'Eavesdropping' in wild rough-toothed dolphins (Steno bredanensis)?. Biol Lett. 2006;2:5-7 pubmed..Synchronized swimming in tight formations might be an energetic adaptation for travelling in a pelagic dolphin species that facilitates eavesdropping. ..
- Heiduschka P, Schnichels S, Fuhrmann N, Hofmeister S, Schraermeyer U, Wissinger B, et al. Electrophysiological and histologic assessment of retinal ganglion cell fate in a mouse model for OPA1-associated autosomal dominant optic atrophy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1424-31 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings support an ascending progress of degeneration from the soma toward the axon. ..
- Tabatabai G, Hasenbach K, Herrmann C, Maurer G, Mohle R, Marini P, et al. Glioma tropism of lentivirally transduced hematopoietic progenitor cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1409-17 pubmed..Taken together, genetic manipulation of HPC with lenti-GFP neither made these cells tumorigenic nor interfered with their glioma tropism. ..
- Gallwitz B. [Incretins: do they exert cardiovascular effects?]. Herz. 2010;35:130-8 pubmed publisher..Additionally, an improvement of cardiovascular surrogate parameters was observed with incretin-based therapies. This review gives an overview on the cardiovascular effects of GLP-1 and incretin-based therapies. ..
- Bobbala D, Alesutan I, Foller M, Huber S, Lang F. Effect of anandamide in Plasmodium Berghei-infected mice. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;26:355-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, anandamide stimulated eryptosis of infected erythrocytes thus counteracting parasitaemia and a lethal course of the disease. ..
- Kohler D, Birk P, König K, Straub A, Eldh T, Morote Garcia J, et al. Phosphorylation of vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (VASP) dampens hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29494 pubmed publisher..This was associated with a reduced presence of PNCs in ischemic hepatic tissue. Taken together, these studies identified VASP and VASP phosphorylation as crucial target for future hepatoprotective strategies. ..
- Waldhaus J, Cimerman J, Gohlke H, Ehrich M, Müller M, Löwenheim H. Stemness of the organ of Corti relates to the epigenetic status of Sox2 enhancers. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36066 pubmed publisher..These observations validate the continued exploration of treatment strategies for dedifferentiating or reprogramming of differentiated supporting cells into progenitors to regenerate the damaged organ of Corti...
- Geiger T, Francois P, Liebeke M, Fraunholz M, Goerke C, Krismer B, et al. The stringent response of Staphylococcus aureus and its impact on survival after phagocytosis through the induction of intracellular PSMs expression. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1003016 pubmed publisher..Intraphagosomal induction of psm?1-4 and/or psm?1,2 could complement the survival of the rsh(Syn) mutant. Thus, an active RSH synthase is required for intracellular psm expression which contributes to survival after phagocytosis. ..
- Wiehr S, Bühler P, Gierschner D, Wolf P, Rolle A, Kesenheimer C, et al. Pharmacokinetics and PET imaging properties of two recombinant anti-PSMA antibody fragments in comparison to their parental antibody. Prostate. 2014;74:743-55 pubmed publisher..Since the fragments show rapid and specific tumor uptake, the tested fragments might serve as tools for theranostic imaging with suitable isotopes for radioimmunotherapy. ..
- Berleth T, Burri M, Thoma G, Bopp D, Richstein S, Frigerio G, et al. The role of localization of bicoid RNA in organizing the anterior pattern of the Drosophila embryo. EMBO J. 1988;7:1749-56 pubmed..The localization of the transcript requires the function of the maternal effect genes exuperantia and swallow while transcript stability is reduced by functions depending on posterior group genes. ..
- van Eeden F, Granato M, Schach U, Brand M, Furutani Seiki M, Haffter P, et al. Genetic analysis of fin formation in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Development. 1996;123:255-62 pubmed..Stein und bein (sub) has reduced dorsal and pelvic fins, whereas finless (fls) and wanda (wan) mutants affect all adult fins. Finally, mutations in four genes causing defects in embryonic skin formation will be briefly reported. ..
- Jaissle G, May C, Reinhard J, Kohler K, Fauser S, Lütjen Drecoll E, et al. Evaluation of the rhodopsin knockout mouse as a model of pure cone function. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2001;42:506-13 pubmed..Therefore, the Rho(-/-) mice can serve during this age period as a model for pure cone function. Such a model is particularly useful to evaluate rod-cone interaction and to dissect rod- from cone-mediated signaling pathways in vivo. ..
- Glatzle J, Kreis M, Kawano K, Raybould H, Zittel T. Postprandial neuronal activation in the nucleus of the solitary tract is partly mediated by CCK-A receptors. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R222-9 pubmed..Taken together with the results of the food intake studies, this suggests that activation of CCK-A receptors is involved in the postprandial activation of NTS neurons and in the regulation of food intake. ..
- Maderspacher F, NUSSLEIN VOLHARD C. Formation of the adult pigment pattern in zebrafish requires leopard and obelix dependent cell interactions. Development. 2003;130:3447-57 pubmed..These findings support a view in which cell-cell interactions among pigment cells are the major driving force for adult pigment pattern formation...
- Uhlemann A, Szlezák N, Vonthein R, Tomiuk J, Emmer S, Lell B, et al. DNA phasing by TA dinucleotide microsatellite length determines in vitro and in vivo expression of the gp91phox subunit of NADPH oxidase and mediates protection against severe malaria. J Infect Dis. 2004;189:2227-34 pubmed..We provide a molecular model of how DNA phasing generated by TA dinucleotide polymorphisms may influence the expression level and protect against severe malaria. ..
- Breit S, Lessmann L, Unterbrink D, Popa R, Gasser T, Schulz J. Lesion of the pedunculopontine nucleus reverses hyperactivity of the subthalamic nucleus and substantia nigra pars reticulata in a 6-hydroxydopamine rat model. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:2275-82 pubmed..Moreover, these findings could indicate a new therapeutic strategy in PD by interventional modulation of the PPN. ..
- Xuan N, Shumilina E, Gulbins E, Gu S, Götz F, Lang F. Triggering of dendritic cell apoptosis by xanthohumol. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2010;54 Suppl 2:S214-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, xanthohumol stimulated Asm leading to caspase activation and apoptosis of bone marrow-derived DCs. ..
- Schingnitz U, Hartmann K, MacManus C, Eckle T, Zug S, Colgan S, et al. Signaling through the A2B adenosine receptor dampens endotoxin-induced acute lung injury. J Immunol. 2010;184:5271-9 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest the A2BAR as potential therapeutic target in the treatment of endotoxin-induced forms of acute lung injury...
- Sinnberg T, Menzel M, Kaesler S, Biedermann T, Sauer B, Nahnsen S, et al. Suppression of casein kinase 1alpha in melanoma cells induces a switch in beta-catenin signaling to promote metastasis. Cancer Res. 2010;70:6999-7009 pubmed publisher..These results show that melanoma cells developed an efficient new mechanism to activate the beta-catenin signaling pathway and define CK1alpha as a novel tumor suppressor. ..
- Kohler D, Straub A, Weissmüller T, Faigle M, Bender S, Lehmann R, et al. Phosphorylation of vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein prevents platelet-neutrophil complex formation and dampens myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury. Circulation. 2011;123:2579-90 pubmed publisher..This finding was associated with reduced myocardial IR injury. Previously unappreciated, the phosphorylation of VASP performs a key function for the formation of PNCs that is crucially important for the extent of myocardial IR injury. ..
- Qadri S, Mahmud H, Lang E, Gu S, Bobbala D, Zelenak C, et al. Enhanced suicidal erythrocyte death in mice carrying a loss-of-function mutation of the adenomatous polyposis coli gene. J Cell Mol Med. 2012;16:1085-93 pubmed publisher..The observations point to accelerated eryptosis and subsequent clearance of apc(Min/+) erythrocytes, which contributes to or even accounts for the enhanced erythrocyte turnover, anaemia and splenomegaly in those mice...
- Schnichels S, Heiduschka P, Julien S. RGMA and neogenin protein expression are influenced by lens injury following optic nerve crush in the rat retina. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2012;250:39-50 pubmed publisher..Our results are consistent with several reported neuroprotective effects of RGMA. Our new data showing the upregulation of RGMA after ONC in our regenerating model (plus LI) confirm these findings conducted in different settings. ..
- Mack A, Wolburg H. A novel look at astrocytes: aquaporins, ionic homeostasis, and the role of the microenvironment for regeneration in the CNS. Neuroscientist. 2013;19:195-207 pubmed publisher..It is hypothesized that highly polarized AQP4 expression and the lack of tight junctions on astrocytes increase ionic homeostasis, thus improving neuronal performance possibly at the expense of restraining neurogenesis and regeneration. ..
- Petit A, Wohlbold L, Bawankar P, Huntzinger E, Schmidt S, Izaurralde E, et al. The structural basis for the interaction between the CAF1 nuclease and the NOT1 scaffold of the human CCR4-NOT deadenylase complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:11058-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings shed light on the assembly of the CCR4-NOT complex and provide the basis for dissecting the role of the NOT module in mRNA deadenylation. ..
- Haefner R, Gerwinn S, Macke J, Bethge M. Inferring decoding strategies from choice probabilities in the presence of correlated variability. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:235-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings provide a theoretical foundation for a growing body of experimental results on choice probabilities and correlations. ..
- Braumüller H, Wieder T, Brenner E, Aßmann S, Hahn M, Alkhaled M, et al. T-helper-1-cell cytokines drive cancer into senescence. Nature. 2013;494:361-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, as IFN-? and TNF induce senescence in numerous murine and human cancers, this may be a general mechanism for arresting cancer progression. ..
- Garami A, Mehlert A, Ilg T. Glycosylation defects and virulence phenotypes of Leishmania mexicana phosphomannomutase and dolicholphosphate-mannose synthase gene deletion mutants. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:8168-83 pubmed..Our results define Man activation leading to GDP-Man as a virulence pathway in Leishmania. ..
- Maurer G, Tritschler I, Adams B, Tabatabai G, Wick W, Stupp R, et al. Cilengitide modulates attachment and viability of human glioma cells, but not sensitivity to irradiation or temozolomide in vitro. Neuro Oncol. 2009;11:747-56 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the beneficial clinical effects derived from cilengitide in vivo may arise from altered perfusion, which promotes temozolomide delivery to glioma cells. ..
- Minasaki R, Puoti A, Streit A. The DEAD-box protein MEL-46 is required in the germ line of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:35 pubmed publisher..In the germ line, it is required for proper oogenesis. Although it interacts genetically with genes of the germline sex determination machinery its primary function appears to be in oocyte differentiation rather than sex determination. ..
- Hosseinzadeh Z, Bhavsar S, Sopjani M, Alesutan I, Saxena A, Dërmaku Sopjani M, et al. Regulation of the glutamate transporters by JAK2. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2011;28:693-702 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, JAK2 is a novel powerful regulator of glutamate transporters and thus participates in the protection against excitotoxicity. ..
- Neufeld E, Vincek V, Figueroa F, Klein J. Limits of the distal inversion in the t complex of the house mouse: evidence from linkage disequilibria. Mamm Genome. 1991;1:242-8 pubmed..The loci Pim-1, Crya-1, and the H-2 complex, which have been mapped between the Hba-ps4 and Grr within the large distal inversion, behave as if they recombine from time to time with their wild-type homologs. ..
- Weiland E, Grossmann A, Thiel H, Weiland F. Lactate dehydrogenase-elevating virus induces antibodies reactive with a surface antigen of aetiologically unrelated murine cell transformants. J Gen Virol. 1990;71 ( Pt 5):1233-6 pubmed..We suggest that the well known tumour growth inhibition by LDV is due to LDV-induced anti-TSA antibodies. ..
- Sauer K, Weigmann K, Sigrist S, Lehner C. Novel members of the cdc2-related kinase family in Drosophila: cdk4/6, cdk5, PFTAIRE, and PITSLRE kinase. Mol Biol Cell. 1996;7:1759-69 pubmed..Sequence conservation and expression pattern, therefore, suggest that all of these kinases perform important cellular functions. ..
- Odenthal J, Rossnagel K, Haffter P, Kelsh R, Vogelsang E, Brand M, et al. Mutations affecting xanthophore pigmentation in the zebrafish, Danio rerio. Development. 1996;123:391-8 pubmed..These mutations may affect xanthophore pigment distribution within the cells or xanthophore cell shape. Mutations in seven genes affecting xanthophore pigmentation remain unclassified...
- Knaut H, Pelegri F, Bohmann K, Schwarz H, Nusslein Volhard C. Zebrafish vasa RNA but not its protein is a component of the germ plasm and segregates asymmetrically before germline specification. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:875-88 pubmed..Triggered by maternal signals, the pattern of germ plasm segregation changes, which results in the expression of primordial germ cell-specific genes such as vasa and, consequently, in germline fate commitment. ..
- Wagner C, Lükewille U, Kaltenbach S, Moschen I, Bröer A, Risler T, et al. Functional and pharmacological characterization of human Na(+)-carnitine cotransporter hOCTN2. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2000;279:F584-91 pubmed..hOCTN2 displays transport properties distinct from other members of the OCT family and is directly inhibited by several substances known to induce systemic carnitine deficiency...
- Schr der R. The genes orthodenticle and hunchback substitute for bicoid in the beetle Tribolium. Nature. 2003;422:621-5 pubmed publisher..This phenotype is similar to that of strong bicoid mutants in Drosophila. I propose that otd-1 and hb are part of an ancestral anterior patterning system...
- Cesari F, Brecht S, Vintersten K, Vuong L, Hofmann M, Klingel K, et al. Mice deficient for the ets transcription factor elk-1 show normal immune responses and mildly impaired neuronal gene activation. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:294-305 pubmed..This was not accompanied by altered patterns of neuronal apoptosis. Collectively, our data indicate that Elk-1 is essential neither for mouse development nor for adult life, suggesting compensatory activities by other TCFs. ..
- Uhl M, Aulwurm S, Wischhusen J, Weiler M, Ma J, Almirez R, et al. SD-208, a novel transforming growth factor beta receptor I kinase inhibitor, inhibits growth and invasiveness and enhances immunogenicity of murine and human glioma cells in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Res. 2004;64:7954-61 pubmed..These data define TGF-beta receptor I kinase inhibitors such as SD-208 as promising novel agents for the treatment of human malignant glioma and other conditions associated with pathological TGF-beta activity. ..
- Beermann A, Schröder R. Sites of Fgf signalling and perception during embryogenesis of the beetle Tribolium castaneum. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:153-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, in contrast to Drosophila, only one Fgf receptor canalises Fgf signalling in different tissues in Tribolium. Our findings significantly advance our understanding of the evolution of Fgf signalling in insects...
- Shumilina E, Lam R, Wölbing F, Matzner N, Zemtsova I, Sobiesiak M, et al. Blunted IgE-mediated activation of mast cells in mice lacking the Ca2+-activated K+ channel KCa3.1. J Immunol. 2008;180:8040-7 pubmed..In conclusion, K(Ca)3.1 is required for Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channel activity and Ca(2+)-dependent processes such as endothelin-1- or Ag-induced degranulation of mast cells, and may thus play a critical role in anaphylactic reactions. ..
- Anders N, Jurgens G. Large ARF guanine nucleotide exchange factors in membrane trafficking. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:3433-45 pubmed publisher..Furthermore we highlight common themes and apparent differences in large ARF-GEF function between eukaryotic kingdoms. ..
- Heidrych P, Zimmermann U, Bress A, Pusch C, Ruth P, Pfister M, et al. Rab8b GTPase, a protein transport regulator, is an interacting partner of otoferlin, defective in a human autosomal recessive deafness form. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:3814-21 pubmed publisher..This finding implies that otoferlin could be a part of components contributing to trans-Golgi trafficking. ..
- Matteoli G, Fahl E, Warnke P, Muller S, Bonin M, Autenrieth I, et al. Role of IFN-gamma and IL-6 in a protective immune response to Yersinia enterocolitica in mice. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:153 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to address whether and how YopH affects the innate immune response to Ye in mice...
- Matzner N, Zemtsova I, Nguyen T, Duszenko M, Shumilina E, Lang F. Ion channels modulating mouse dendritic cell functions. J Immunol. 2008;181:6803-9 pubmed
- Mohr D, von Ameln Mayerhofer A, Fendt M. 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine injections into the prefrontal cortex and nucleus accumbens differently affect prepulse inhibition and baseline startle magnitude in rats. Behav Brain Res. 2009;202:58-63 pubmed publisher..However, the observed changes cannot be attributed to a specific brain site since our data clearly show that local 5,7-dihydroxytryptamine injections also affect transmitter levels in brain sites away from the injection site. ..
- Ignashchenkova A, Dash S, Dicke P, Haarmeier T, Glickstein M, Thier P. Normal spatial attention but impaired saccades and visual motion perception after lesions of the monkey cerebellum. J Neurophysiol. 2009;102:3156-68 pubmed publisher..Luminance change detection was also unaffected by the lesions. In one case, after a lesion restricted to lobulus VIII, the animal had impaired visual motion perception. ..
- Janssen K, Horn S, Niemann M, Daniel P, Schulze Osthoff K, Fischer U. Inhibition of the ER Ca2+ pump forces multidrug-resistant cells deficient in Bak and Bax into necrosis. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:4481-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, targeted application of ER stressors such as thapsigargin might be a promising approach for the treatment of Bak- and Bax-deficient, drug-resistant tumors. ..
- Dufer M, Noack K, Krippeit Drews P, Drews G. Activation of the AMP-activated protein kinase enhances glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in mouse β-cells. Islets. 2010;2:156-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, activation of AMPK augments nutrient-induced insulin secretion. Thus, targeting AMPK of β-cells may be an appropriate strategy for the treatment of disturbed glucose homeostasis.. ..
- Di Lellis M, Seifan M, Troschinski S, Mazzia C, Capowiez Y, Triebskorn R, et al. Solar radiation stress in climbing snails: behavioural and intrinsic features define the Hsp70 level in natural populations of Xeropicta derbentina (Pulmonata). Cell Stress Chaperones. 2012;17:717-27 pubmed publisher..Our study showed that a distinct set of behavioural traits and intrinsic characters define the Hsp70 level and that environmental factors and individual features strongly interact. ..
- Petsch B, Schnee M, Vogel A, Lange E, Hoffmann B, Voss D, et al. Protective efficacy of in vitro synthesized, specific mRNA vaccines against influenza A virus infection. Nat Biotechnol. 2012;30:1210-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, mRNA vaccines could address substantial medical need in the area of influenza prophylaxis and the broader realm of anti-infective vaccinology...
- Kato H, Lu Q, Rapaport D, Kozjak Pavlovic V. Tom70 is essential for PINK1 import into mitochondria. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58435 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that PINK1 is imported into mitochondria by a unique pathway that is independent of the TOM core complex but crucially depends on the import receptor Tom70. ..