Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Heidelberg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications798 found, 100 shown here
- Shimshek D, Bus T, Grinevich V, Single F, Mack V, Sprengel R, et al. Impaired reproductive behavior by lack of GluR-B containing AMPA receptors but not of NMDA receptors in hypothalamic and septal neurons. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:219-31 pubmed
- Florin L, Knebel J, Zigrino P, Vonderstrass B, Mauch C, Schorpp Kistner M, et al. Delayed wound healing and epidermal hyperproliferation in mice lacking JunB in the skin. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:902-11 pubmed
- Ciccarelli F, Doerks T, von Mering C, Creevey C, Snel B, Bork P. Toward automatic reconstruction of a highly resolved tree of life. Science. 2006;311:1283-7 pubmed..For example, we place the phylum Acidobacteria as a sister group of delta-Proteobacteria, support a Gram-positive origin of Bacteria, and suggest a thermophilic last universal common ancestor. ..
- Fassnacht W, Mempel A, Strowitzki T, Vogt P. Premature ovarian failure (POF) syndrome: towards the molecular clinical analysis of its genetic complexity. Curr Med Chem. 2006;13:1397-410 pubmed..It starts with a comprehensive and significantly improved clinical diagnostic program for this large and heterogeneous patient group. ..
- Bondar A, Suhai S, Fischer S, Smith J, Elstner M. Suppression of the back proton-transfer from Asp85 to the retinal Schiff base in bacteriorhodopsin: a theoretical analysis of structural elements. J Struct Biol. 2007;157:454-69 pubmed
- Parlato R, Otto C, Begus Y, Stotz S, Schutz G. Specific ablation of the transcription factor CREB in sympathetic neurons surprisingly protects against developmentally regulated apoptosis. Development. 2007;134:1663-70 pubmed..Thus, our analysis indicates that the activity of cell-autonomous pro-survival signalling is operative in developing sympathetic neurons in the absence of CREB. ..
- Merle U, Stremmel W, Encke J. Perspectives for gene therapy of Wilson disease. Curr Gene Ther. 2007;7:217-20 pubmed
- Schneider S, Reichling J, Stintzing F, Messerschmidt S, Meyer U, Schnitzler P. Anti-herpetic properties of hydroalcoholic extracts and pressed juice from Echinacea pallida. Planta Med. 2010;76:265-72 pubmed publisher..Different types of Echinacea preparations, such as commercial tinctures, tablets, and teas, are expected to offer different antiviral profiles. ..
- Orakcioglu B, Beynon C, Kentar M, Eymann R, Kiefer M, Sakowitz O. Intracranial pressure telemetry: first experience of an experimental in vivo study using a new device. Acta Neurochir Suppl. 2012;114:105-10 pubmed publisher..This stand-alone ICP tool may allow permanent measurement of ICP in hydrocephalus patients. Further continuation of our study will demonstrate whether this system guarantees acceptable long-term reliability. ..
- Münch V, Trentin L, Herzig J, Demir S, Seyfried F, Kraus J, et al. Central nervous system involvement in acute lymphoblastic leukemia is mediated by vascular endothelial growth factor. Blood. 2017;130:643-654 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified a mechanism of ALL-cell entry into the CNS, which by targeting VEGF signaling may serve as a novel strategy to control CNS leukemia in patients, replacing conventional CNS-toxic treatment. ..
- Diaz Benjumea F, Cohen S. Serrate signals through Notch to establish a Wingless-dependent organizer at the dorsal/ventral compartment boundary of the Drosophila wing. Development. 1995;121:4215-25 pubmed..Ligand independent activation of Notch is sufficient to direct Wg expression, which in turn mediates the organizing activity of the D/V boundary. ..
- Muller Decker K, Scholz K, Neufang G, Marks F, Furstenberger G. Localization of prostaglandin-H synthase-1 and -2 in mouse skin: implications for cutaneous function. Exp Cell Res. 1998;242:84-91 pubmed..Only minor changes in PGHS-1 expression were seen. Our data suggest that expression of PGHS-2 in mouse skin epidermis is related to epithelial regeneration. ..
- Henkel A, Sankaranarayanan S. Mechanisms of alpha-latrotoxin action. Cell Tissue Res. 1999;296:229-33 pubmed..The molecular details of how alpha-latrotoxin binding is transduced eventually to exocytosis remain to be elucidated. ..
- Förch P, Puig O, Kedersha N, Martinez C, Granneman S, Seraphin B, et al. The apoptosis-promoting factor TIA-1 is a regulator of alternative pre-mRNA splicing. Mol Cell. 2000;6:1089-98 pubmed
- Gratacap M, Payrastre B, Nieswandt B, Offermanns S. Differential regulation of Rho and Rac through heterotrimeric G-proteins and cyclic nucleotides. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47906-13 pubmed..Cyclic AMP and cGMP differentially interfere with -induced Rho and Rac activation at least in part by selective effects on the regulation of individual G-proteins through the TXA(2) receptor. ..
- Rost D, Herrmann T, Sauer P, Schmidts H, Stieger B, Meier P, et al. Regulation of rat organic anion transporters in bile salt-induced cholestatic hepatitis: effect of ursodeoxycholate. Hepatology. 2003;38:187-95 pubmed..In conclusion, we show that CA feeding may cause cholestasis associated with a posttranscriptional down-regulation of Oatp4. UDCA may prevent impairment of hepatic function by restoring hepatic transporter expression. ..
- Mueller A, Pallauf J, Rafael J. The chemical form of selenium affects insulinomimetic properties of the trace element: investigations in type II diabetic dbdb mice. J Nutr Biochem. 2003;14:637-47 pubmed
- Schumacher J, Reichenzeller M, Kempf T, Schnolzer M, Herrmann H. Identification of a novel, highly variable amino-terminal amino acid sequence element in the nuclear intermediate filament protein lamin B(2) from higher vertebrates. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:6211-6 pubmed
- Fraterman S, Zeiger U, Khurana T, Rubinstein N, Wilm M. Combination of peptide OFFGEL fractionation and label-free quantitation facilitated proteomics profiling of extraocular muscle. Proteomics. 2007;7:3404-16 pubmed..We therefore consider peptide OFFGEL fractionation an effective and efficient addition to our label-free quantitative proteomics workflow. ..
- Spitz F, Duboule D. Global control regions and regulatory landscapes in vertebrate development and evolution. Adv Genet. 2008;61:175-205 pubmed publisher..In some cases, these processes led to the formation of groups of adjacent genes that appear to be controlled by both global and shared mechanisms. ..
- Wang Y, Janicki P, Köster I, Berger C, Wenzl C, Grosshans J, et al. Xenopus Paraxial Protocadherin regulates morphogenesis by antagonizing Sprouty. Genes Dev. 2008;22:878-83 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that PAPC promotes gastrulation movements by sequestration of Spry and reveal a novel mechanism by which protocadherins modulate beta-catenin-independent Wnt-signaling. ..
- Jin T, Wernig A, Witzemann V. Changes in acetylcholine receptor function induce shifts in muscle fiber type composition. FEBS J. 2008;275:2042-54 pubmed publisher..Muscle thus represents a self-matching system that adjusts contractile properties and synaptic function to variable functional demands...
- zur Hausen H. Novel human polyomaviruses--re-emergence of a well known virus family as possible human carcinogens. Int J Cancer. 2008;123:247-250 pubmed publisher..It also makes reference to observations of polyomavirus-like particles in other conditions, particularly in hair-follicle cell-related proliferations...
- Weimer C, Beck R, Eckert P, Reckmann I, Moelleken J, Brugger B, et al. Differential roles of ArfGAP1, ArfGAP2, and ArfGAP3 in COPI trafficking. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:725-35 pubmed publisher..We suggest that ArfGAP2 and ArfGAP3 are coat protein-dependent ArfGAPs, whereas ArfGAP1 has a more general function. ..
- Altamura S, Muckenthaler M. Iron toxicity in diseases of aging: Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and atherosclerosis. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;16:879-95 pubmed publisher..We will review experimental evidences for an involvement of iron in these diseases and discuss some mouse models with impairment in iron-related genes that may be useful to study the role of iron in these disorders. ..
- Brenner D, Brechmann M, Röhling S, Tapernoux M, Mock T, Winter D, et al. Phosphorylation of CARMA1 by HPK1 is critical for NF-kappaB activation in T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14508-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify HPK1 as a kinase specific for CARMA1 and suggest HPK1-mediated phosphorylation of CARMA1 as an additional regulatory mechanism tuning the NF-kappaB response upon TCR stimulation. ..
- Kulkarni M, Ozgur S, Stoecklin G. On track with P-bodies. Biochem Soc Trans. 2010;38:242-51 pubmed publisher..In the present review, we summarize recent findings on the function, assembly and motility of P-bodies. An updated list of proteins and RNAs that localize to P-bodies will help in keeping track of this fast-growing field. ..
- Abbas S, Wink M. Epigallocatechin gallate inhibits beta amyloid oligomerization in Caenorhabditis elegans and affects the daf-2/insulin-like signaling pathway. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:902-9 pubmed publisher..elegans (CL2006). Thus, the use of green tea and EGCG is apparently rational alternatives for protecting against ROS-mediated and age-related diseases. ..
- Ngora H, Galli U, Miyazaki K, Zoller M. Membrane-bound and exosomal metastasis-associated C4.4A promotes migration by associating with the ?(6)?(4) integrin and MT1-MMP. Neoplasia. 2012;14:95-107 pubmed..4A, MT1-MMP, and TACE allows for a shift from adhesion to motility, which is supported by laminin degradation. These findings provide the first explanation for the C4.4A contribution to wound healing and metastasis. ..
- Henrich K, Schwab M, Westermann F. 1p36 tumor suppression--a matter of dosage?. Cancer Res. 2012;72:6079-88 pubmed publisher..We explore potential interactions among these candidates and propose a model where heterozygous 1p36 deletion impairs oncosuppressive pathways via simultaneous downregulation of several dosage-dependent tumor suppressor genes. ..
- Li J, Bonifati S, Hristov G, Marttila T, Valmary Degano S, Stanzel S, et al. Synergistic combination of valproic acid and oncolytic parvovirus H-1PV as a potential therapy against cervical and pancreatic carcinomas. EMBO Mol Med. 2013;5:1537-55 pubmed publisher..These results warrant clinical evaluation of H-1PV/VPA co-treatment against cervical and pancreatic ductal carcinomas. ..
- Mack S, Witt H, Piro R, Gu L, Zuyderduyn S, Stütz A, et al. Epigenomic alterations define lethal CIMP-positive ependymomas of infancy. Nature. 2014;506:445-50 pubmed publisher..We conclude that epigenetic modifiers are the first rational therapeutic candidates for this deadly malignancy, which is epigenetically deregulated but genetically bland. ..
- Sladitschek H, Neveu P. The bimodally expressed microRNA miR-142 gates exit from pluripotency. Mol Syst Biol. 2015;11:850 pubmed publisher..This reveals a novel mechanism to maintain a stem cell reservoir buffered against fluctuating signaling environments. ..
- Dupree P, Parton R, Raposo G, Kurzchalia T, Simons K. Caveolae and sorting in the trans-Golgi network of epithelial cells. EMBO J. 1993;12:1597-605 pubmed..This connection is confirmed by the recent finding that the amino acid sequence of VIP21 is almost identical to that of caveolin, a protein previously localized to caveolae. ..
- Rogner U, Wilke K, Steck E, Korn B, Poustka A. The melanoma antigen gene (MAGE) family is clustered in the chromosomal band Xq28. Genomics. 1995;29:725-31 pubmed..Analysis of different species suggests that human MAGE sequences are conserved in primates, but less well conserved in other vertebrate species. ..
- Weijland A, Neubauer G, Courtneidge S, Mann M, Wierenga R, Superti Furga G. The purification and characterization of the catalytic domain of Src expressed in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Comparison of unphosphorylated and tyrosine phosphorylated species. Eur J Biochem. 1996;240:756-64 pubmed..The apparent K(m) values of the mono-phosphorylated Src-CD and wild-type Src for the Src substrate peptide and enolase are similar, indicating that, under these conditions, the kinase domain is mainly responsible for substrate binding. ..
- Dähn S, Schwalbach P, Wöhleke F, Benner A, Kuntz C. Influence of different gases used for laparoscopy (helium, carbon dioxide, room air, xenon) on tumor volume, proliferation, and apoptosis. Surg Endosc. 2003;17:1653-7 pubmed..There was a significant decrease of tumor volume using helium pneumoperitoneum compared to the other gases, but no decreased tumor cell proliferation or increased tumor cell apoptosis. ..
- Nkemgu N, Grande R, Hansell E, McKerrow J, Caffrey C, Steverding D. Improved trypanocidal activities of cathepsin L inhibitors. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2003;22:155-9 pubmed..Also, all inhibitors blocked proteinolysis in the lysosome consistent with the inhibition of rhodesain/brucipain. In conclusion, the data support the potential of cathepsin L inhibitors for rational anti-trypanosomal drug development. ..
- Bruzzone R, Hormuzdi S, Barbe M, Herb A, Monyer H. Pannexins, a family of gap junction proteins expressed in brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:13644-9 pubmed
- Perez L, Milan M, Bray S, Cohen S. Ligand-binding and signaling properties of the Ax[M1] form of Notch. Mech Dev. 2005;122:479-86 pubmed..To explain the ectopic activity of Abruptex[M1] in vivo we suggest that it may be necessary to invoke an altered response to an as yet unidentified ligand or cofactor. ..
- Peset I, Seiler J, Sardon T, Bejarano L, Rybina S, Vernos I. Function and regulation of Maskin, a TACC family protein, in microtubule growth during mitosis. J Cell Biol. 2005;170:1057-66 pubmed..Further more, we show that Maskin localization and function is regulated by Eg2 phosphorylation. ..
- Radovits T, Bömicke T, Kokeny G, Arif R, Loganathan S, Kécsán K, et al. The phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor vardenafil improves cardiovascular dysfunction in experimental diabetes mellitus. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;156:909-19 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that impaired vascular cGMP signalling contributes to the development of diabetic vascular and cardiac dysfunction, which can be prevented by chronic phosphodiesterase-5 inhibition. ..
- Summerer D. Enabling technologies of genomic-scale sequence enrichment for targeted high-throughput sequencing. Genomics. 2009;94:363-8 pubmed publisher..We summarize the different technologies and highlight individual characteristics related to general potential and different suitabilities for specific applications. ..
- Merle U, Tuma S, Herrmann T, Muntean V, Volkmann M, Gehrke S, et al. Evidence for a critical role of ceruloplasmin oxidase activity in iron metabolism of Wilson disease gene knockout mice. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:1144-50 pubmed publisher..01). Atp7b(-/-) mice demonstrated decreased serum iron parameters and hemoglobin levels most likely related to a low serum ceruloplasmin oxidase activity and not due to total body iron deficiency. ..
- Zhou W, Kallifatidis G, Baumann B, Rausch V, Mattern J, Gladkich J, et al. Dietary polyphenol quercetin targets pancreatic cancer stem cells. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:551-61 pubmed..Since carcinogenesis is a complex process, combination of bioactive dietary agents with complementary activities may be most effective. ..
- Decker E, Durand C, Bender S, Rödelsperger C, Glaser A, Hecht J, et al. FGFR3 is a target of the homeobox transcription factor SHOX in limb development. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:1524-35 pubmed publisher..g. achondroplasia) and SHOX defects (e.g. LWD). In summary, these data present a link between two frequent short stature phenotypes. ..
- Oskarsson T. Extracellular matrix components in breast cancer progression and metastasis. Breast. 2013;22 Suppl 2:S66-72 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of these ECM proteins and the downstream ECM mediated signaling pathways may provide a range of possibilities to identify druggable targets against advanced breast cancer. ..
- Patil N, Ahmed Kabeer Rasheed S, Abba M, Hendrik Leupold J, Schwarzbach M, Allgayer H. A mechanistic study on the metastasis inducing function of FUS-CHOP fusion protein in liposarcoma. Int J Cancer. 2014;134:2808-19 pubmed publisher..Insights gained from this study not only support a deeper understanding of the mechanistic properties of FUS-CHOP, but also open up new avenues for targeted therapy. ..
- Jarahian M, Watzl C, Issa Y, Altevogt P, Momburg F. Blockade of natural killer cell-mediated lysis by NCAM140 expressed on tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:2625-34 pubmed..We conclude that aberrant expression of NCAM on tumor cells of different histogenetic origin can lead to inhibition of target cell recognition and lysis by NK cells. ..
- Saridaki T, Fröhlich K, Braun Breton C, Lanzer M. Export of PfSBP1 to the Plasmodium falciparum Maurer's clefts. Traffic. 2009;10:137-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest new principles of protein export in P. falciparum-infected erythrocytes. ..
- Ring S, Oliver S, Cronstein B, Enk A, Mahnke K. CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells suppress contact hypersensitivity reactions through a CD39, adenosine-dependent mechanism. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:1287-96.e2 pubmed publisher..Adenosine release by Treg cells is essential to block leukocyte adhesion to endothelium, providing a novel mechanism by which Treg cells mediate immune suppression in vivo. ..
- Oh J, Beckmann J, Bloch J, Hettgen V, Mueller J, Li L, et al. Stimulation of the calcium-sensing receptor stabilizes the podocyte cytoskeleton, improves cell survival, and reduces toxin-induced glomerulosclerosis. Kidney Int. 2011;80:483-92 pubmed publisher..Hence, calcimimetics limit podocyte damage by antiapoptotic and cytoskeleton-stabilizing effects and may constitute a new approach in the prevention and treatment of glomerular disease. ..
- Domanskyi A, Geissler C, Vinnikov I, Alter H, Schober A, Vogt M, et al. Pten ablation in adult dopaminergic neurons is neuroprotective in Parkinson's disease models. FASEB J. 2011;25:2898-910 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of Pten-dependent functions in adult DA neurons may represent a promising PD therapy. ..
- Schmitt J, Pohl J, Stunnenberg H. Cloning and expression of a mouse cDNA encoding p59, an immunophilin that associates with the glucocorticoid receptor. Gene. 1993;132:267-71 pubmed..Production of mouse p59 using recombinant vaccinia viruses resulted in a protein with the expected size of 59 kDa that can interact with the recombinant glucocorticoid receptor, as shown by co-immunoprecipitation experiments. ..
- Droge W, Holm E. Role of cysteine and glutathione in HIV infection and other diseases associated with muscle wasting and immunological dysfunction. FASEB J. 1997;11:1077-89 pubmed
- Kuner T, Seeburg P, Guy H. A common architecture for K+ channels and ionotropic glutamate receptors?. Trends Neurosci. 2003;26:27-32 pubmed
- Krestel H, Shimshek D, Jensen V, Nevian T, Kim J, Geng Y, et al. A genetic switch for epilepsy in adult mice. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10568-78 pubmed
- Nekrasov M, Klymenko T, Fraterman S, Papp B, Oktaba K, Kocher T, et al. Pcl-PRC2 is needed to generate high levels of H3-K27 trimethylation at Polycomb target genes. EMBO J. 2007;26:4078-88 pubmed..Pcl-PRC2 is thus the HMTase that generates the high levels of H3-K27 trimethylation in Polycomb target genes that are needed to maintain a Polycomb-repressed chromatin state. ..
- Vujic Spasic M, Kiss J, Herrmann T, Galy B, Martinache S, Stolte J, et al. Hfe acts in hepatocytes to prevent hemochromatosis. Cell Metab. 2008;7:173-8 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that local Hfe expression in hepatocytes serves to maintain physiological iron homeostasis, answering a long-standing question in medicine and explaining earlier clinical observations. ..
- Wendel M, Galani I, Suri Payer E, Cerwenka A. Natural killer cell accumulation in tumors is dependent on IFN-gamma and CXCR3 ligands. Cancer Res. 2008;68:8437-45 pubmed publisher..Exploiting strategies to augment NK cell accumulation in the tumor might lead to the development of effective antitumor therapies. ..
- Athale C, Dinarina A, Mora Coral M, Pugieux C, Nedelec F, Karsenti E. Regulation of microtubule dynamics by reaction cascades around chromosomes. Science. 2008;322:1243-7 pubmed publisher..We propose a reaction-diffusion model that combines the chromosome generated Ran-guanosine triphosphate-Importin reaction network to a secondary phosphorylation network as a potential mechanism for the generation of such gradients. ..
- Klimmeck D, Daiber P, Bruhl A, Baumann A, Frings S, Möhrlen F. Bestrophin 2: an anion channel associated with neurogenesis in chemosensory systems. J Comp Neurol. 2009;515:585-99 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that bestrophin 2 plays a critical role during differentiation and growth of axons and cilia. In mature olfactory receptor neurons, it appears to support growth and function of sensory cilia. ..
- Grisouard J, Mayer D. Specific involvement of glycogen synthase kinase-3 in the function and activity of sex steroid hormone receptors reveals the complexity of their regulation. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2009;117:87-92 pubmed publisher..This review represents a necessary complement of information to highlight the importance of GSK-3 regarding sSR function and activity. ..
- Koch P, Lampe M, Godinez W, Muller B, Rohr K, Kräusslich H, et al. Visualizing fusion of pseudotyped HIV-1 particles in real time by live cell microscopy. Retrovirology. 2009;6:84 pubmed publisher..These results reveal rapid retroviral fusion at the plasma membrane and permit studies of the immediate post-fusion events. ..
- Haas T, Emmerich C, Gerlach B, Schmukle A, Cordier S, Rieser E, et al. Recruitment of the linear ubiquitin chain assembly complex stabilizes the TNF-R1 signaling complex and is required for TNF-mediated gene induction. Mol Cell. 2009;36:831-44 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate that sustained stability of the TNF-RSC requires LUBAC's enzymatic activity, thereby adding a third form of ubiquitin linkage to the triggering of TNF signaling by the TNF-RSC. ..
- Merz M, Komljenovic D, Zwick S, Semmler W, Bauerle T. Sorafenib tosylate and paclitaxel induce anti-angiogenic, anti-tumour and anti-resorptive effects in experimental breast cancer bone metastases. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47:277-86 pubmed publisher..The application of sorafenib tosylate monotherapy or in combination with paclitaxel is effective against experimental breast cancer bone metastases resulting in anti-angiogenic, anti-tumour and anti-resorptive effects. ..
- Erdel F, Schubert T, Marth C, Längst G, Rippe K. Human ISWI chromatin-remodeling complexes sample nucleosomes via transient binding reactions and become immobilized at active sites. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19873-8 pubmed publisher..Due to the relatively high intranuclear remodeler concentrations cellular response times for repositioning a given nucleosome were calculated to be in the range of tens of seconds to minutes. ..
- Anders S, Huber W. Differential expression analysis for sequence count data. Genome Biol. 2010;11:R106 pubmed publisher..We propose a method based on the negative binomial distribution, with variance and mean linked by local regression and present an implementation, DESeq, as an R/Bioconductor package. ..
- Ragab A, Buechling T, Gesellchen V, Spirohn K, Boettcher A, Boutros M. Drosophila Ras/MAPK signalling regulates innate immune responses in immune and intestinal stem cells. EMBO J. 2011;30:1123-36 pubmed publisher..Our observations provide an example of a pathway that promotes cell proliferation and has simultaneously been utilized to limit the immune response. ..
- Pampaloni F, Stelzer E. Three-dimensional cell cultures in toxicology. Biotechnol Genet Eng Rev. 2010;26:117-38 pubmed
- Leber M, Bossow S, Leonard V, Zaoui K, Grossardt C, Frenzke M, et al. MicroRNA-sensitive oncolytic measles viruses for cancer-specific vector tropism. Mol Ther. 2011;19:1097-106 pubmed publisher..This is proof-of-concept that tropism restriction by tissue-specific microRNAs can be adapted to oncolytic MV to regulate viral replication and gene expression to maximize tumor specificity without compromising oncolytic efficacy. ..
- Khodosevich K, Zuccotti A, Kreuzberg M, Le Magueresse C, Frank M, Willecke K, et al. Connexin45 modulates the proliferation of transit-amplifying precursor cells in the mouse subventricular zone. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20107-12 pubmed publisher..Finally, we established that Cx45 positively influences cell cycle reentry via ATP signaling that involves intracellular calcium stores and ERK1/2 signaling. ..
- Iskar M, Zeller G, Blattmann P, Campillos M, Kuhn M, Kaminska K, et al. Characterization of drug-induced transcriptional modules: towards drug repositioning and functional understanding. Mol Syst Biol. 2013;9:662 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the identified modules reveal the conservation of transcriptional responses towards drugs across cell types and organisms, and improve our understanding of both the molecular basis of drug action and human biology. ..
- de Villiers E. Cross-roads in the classification of papillomaviruses. Virology. 2013;445:2-10 pubmed publisher..An update of the classification of the 170 human papillomavirus (HPV) types presently known is presented. Arguments towards the implementation of metagenomic sequencing for this rapidly growing family will be presented. ..
- Schneider L, Jabrailova B, Soliman H, Hofer S, Strobel O, Hackert T, et al. Pharmacological cholinergic stimulation as a therapeutic tool in experimental necrotizing pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2014;43:41-6 pubmed publisher..05). Stimulation of the cholinergic system is useful to attenuate damage in experimental acute pancreatitis. Not only prophylactic but also delayed application was effective in the present study. ..
- Levy M, Wildemann B, Jarius S, Orellano B, Sasidharan S, Weber M, et al. Immunopathogenesis of neuromyelitis optica. Adv Immunol. 2014;121:213-42 pubmed publisher..Here, we comprehensively review the current knowledge on the role of NMO-IgG/AQP4-Ab, B cells, T cells, and the innate immune system in the pathogenesis of NMO. ..
- Zwiebel L, Saccone G, Zacharopoulou A, Besansky N, Favia G, Collins F, et al. The white gene of Ceratitis capitata: a phenotypic marker for germline transformation. Science. 1995;270:2005-8 pubmed..It is correlated with a spontaneous mutation causing white eyes in the medfly and can be used to restore partial eye color in transgenic Drosophila carrying a null mutation in the endogenous white gene...
- Brandner J, Reidenbach S, Franke W. Evidence that "pinin", reportedly a differentiation-specific desmosomal protein, is actually a widespread nuclear protein. Differentiation. 1997;62:119-27 pubmed..Consequently it must serve nuclear functions rather than "pinning" IFs to plasma membranes and does not provide a new reliable marker for desmosomes and epithelial or myocardial differentiation. ..
- Ziegler S, Burki K, Skoda R. A 2-kb c-mpl promoter fragment is sufficient to direct expression to the megakaryocytic lineage and sites of embryonic hematopoiesis in transgenic mice. Blood. 2002;100:1072-4 pubmed..5. Expression in E6.5 yolk sac is compatible with a function of c-mpl and its ligand, thrombopoietin, in the earliest stages of embryonic hematopoiesis. ..
- Forde A, Constien R, Grone H, Hämmerling G, Arnold B. Temporal Cre-mediated recombination exclusively in endothelial cells using Tie2 regulatory elements. Genesis. 2002;33:191-7 pubmed..This inducible Cre line will be a very beneficial asset to investigating the role of endothelial specific genes in the adult mouse and to induce transgenes in the endothelium in an extremely efficient manner. genesis 33:191-197, 2002. ..
- Shah P, Perez Iratxeta C, Bork P, Andrade M. Information extraction from full text scientific articles: where are the keywords?. BMC Bioinformatics. 2003;4:20 pubmed..Several questions arise as to whether the effort of scanning full text articles is worthy, or whether the information that can be extracted from the different sections of an article can be relevant...
- Herrmann T, van der Hoeven F, Grone H, Stewart A, Langbein L, Kaiser I, et al. Mice with targeted disruption of the fatty acid transport protein 4 (Fatp 4, Slc27a4) gene show features of lethal restrictive dermopathy. J Cell Biol. 2003;161:1105-15 pubmed..These findings reveal a previously unknown, essential function of Fatp4 in the formation of the epidermal barrier. ..