Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Freiburg, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications620 found, 100 shown here
- Schmidt C, Murillo R, Bruhn T, Bringmann G, Goettert M, Heinzmann B, et al. Catechin derivatives from Parapiptadenia rigida with in vitro wound-healing properties. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:2035-41 pubmed publisher..Compounds 5 and 7 displayed promising wound-healing effects in a scratch assay. Some of the catechin derivatives showed inhibitory effects on NF-?B DNA binding and p38? MAPK activity...
- Schwartzkopff J, Bredow L, Mahlenbrey S, Boehringer D, Reinhard T. Regeneration of corneal endothelium following complete endothelial cell loss in rat keratoplasty. Mol Vis. 2010;16:2368-75 pubmed..Our results suggest that ECs both proliferate and enlarge during re-endothelialization in the rat keratoplasty model. ..
- Sanos S, Vonarbourg C, Mortha A, Diefenbach A. Control of epithelial cell function by interleukin-22-producing ROR?t+ innate lymphoid cells. Immunology. 2011;132:453-65 pubmed publisher..This review will highlight recent progress in understanding development and function of innate IL-22-producing lymphocyte subsets. ..
- Vlachos I, Herry C, Lüthi A, Aertsen A, Kumar A. Context-dependent encoding of fear and extinction memories in a large-scale network model of the basal amygdala. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1001104 pubmed publisher..The model makes multiple testable predictions that may advance our understanding of fear and extinction memories. ..
- Mayr H, Klehm J, Schwan S, Hube R, Sudkamp N, Niemeyer P, et al. Microporous calcium phosphate ceramics as tissue engineering scaffolds for the repair of osteochondral defects: biomechanical results. Acta Biomater. 2013;9:4845-55 pubmed publisher..However, the central area of the implants had a lower ICRS score than healthy cartilage. Microporous TCP was almost fully resorbed at 52 weeks and replaced by bone...
- Nielsen P. Primary structure of a human protein kinase regulator protein. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1991;1088:425-8 pubmed..5. Alignment of putative protein sequences shows strong conservation from Drosophila to man. Several mRNA transcripts hybridizing to the cDNA are seen in human epithelial and T-cell lines and in various mouse tissues. ..
- Ringwald M, Baribault H, Schmidt C, Kemler R. The structure of the gene coding for the mouse cell adhesion molecule uvomorulin. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:6533-9 pubmed..1.6 kb of the uvomorulin promoter (-1492 to + 92) confer cell type specific promoter activity to the CAT reporter gene. Homologies to known cis acting elements of other promoters are discussed. ..
- Lele Z, Nowak M, Hammerschmidt M. Zebrafish admp is required to restrict the size of the organizer and to promote posterior and ventral development. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:681-7 pubmed
- Geissler A, Chacinska A, Truscott K, Wiedemann N, Brandner K, Sickmann A, et al. The mitochondrial presequence translocase: an essential role of Tim50 in directing preproteins to the import channel. Cell. 2002;111:507-18 pubmed..Thus, Tim50 is crucial for guiding the precursors of matrix proteins to their insertion site in the inner membrane. ..
- Ohnemus S, Kanzler B, Jerome Majewska L, Papaioannou V, Boehm T, Mallo M. Aortic arch and pharyngeal phenotype in the absence of BMP-dependent neural crest in the mouse. Mech Dev. 2002;119:127-35 pubmed
- Hammerschmidt M, Kramer C, Nowak M, Herzog W, Wittbrodt J. Loss of maternal Smad5 in zebrafish embryos affects patterning and morphogenesis of optic primordia. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:128-33 pubmed..They can be best explained with a model according to which zebrafish eye morphogenesis occurs as a telescopic extension of disc-like, concentric primordia, similar to the development of appendages from imaginal discs in Drosophila. ..
- Hoefer I, van Royen N, Rectenwald J, Deindl E, Hua J, Jost M, et al. Arteriogenesis proceeds via ICAM-1/Mac-1- mediated mechanisms. Circ Res. 2004;94:1179-85 pubmed
- Tolkunova E, Cavaleri F, Eckardt S, Reinbold R, Christenson L, Scholer H, et al. The caudal-related protein cdx2 promotes trophoblast differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells. Stem Cells. 2006;24:139-44 pubmed..These data provide an insight into the genetic network that controls lineage specification and functioning in early mammalian development. ..
- Meyer R, Hagemeyer C, Knoth R, Kaufmann M, Volk B. Anti-epileptic drug phenytoin enhances androgen metabolism and androgen receptor expression in murine hippocampus. J Neurochem. 2006;96:460-72 pubmed..The increased metabolism of testosterone leading to augmented androgen metabolite formation most likely led to enhanced expression of CYP19 and AR in hippocampus. Phenytoin obviously modulates the androgen signalling in the hippocampus. ..
- Huai J, Firat E, Niedermann G. Inducible gene expression with the Tet-on system in CD4+ T cells and thymocytes of mice. Genesis. 2007;45:427-31 pubmed..These new mouse lines should be highly valuable for studying and manipulating numerous aspects of CD4+ T cell development, biology, and function. ..
- Prasse A, Stahl M, Schulz G, Kayser G, Wang L, Ask K, et al. Essential role of osteopontin in smoking-related interstitial lung diseases. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1683-91 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a pathogenetic role of increased OPN production in both PLCH and DIP by promoting the accumulation of macrophages and Langerhans cells. ..
- Berkefeld H, Fakler B, Schulte U. Ca2+-activated K+ channels: from protein complexes to function. Physiol Rev. 2010;90:1437-59 pubmed publisher..Finally, the results are related to their significance for the function of K(Ca) channels under cellular conditions. ..
- Leemhuis J, Bouché E, Frotscher M, Henle F, Hein L, Herz J, et al. Reelin signals through apolipoprotein E receptor 2 and Cdc42 to increase growth cone motility and filopodia formation. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14759-72 pubmed publisher..Our data link the observation that defects in Rho GTPases and Reelin signaling are responsible for developmental defects leading to neurological and psychiatric disorders. ..
- Tinnes S, Schäfer M, Flubacher A, Münzner G, Frotscher M, Haas C. Epileptiform activity interferes with proteolytic processing of Reelin required for dentate granule cell positioning. FASEB J. 2011;25:1002-13 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results strongly suggest that secretion of Reelin is activity-independent and that proteolytic processing of Reelin is required for the maintenance of granule cell lamination in the dentate gyrus. ..
- Krause M, Ganser C, Kobayashi E, Papazoglou A, Nikkhah G. The Lewis GFP transgenic rat strain is a useful cell donor for neural transplantation. Cell Transplant. 2012;21:1837-51 pubmed publisher..9% of NeuN-positive, and 80.1% of TH-positive cells coexpressed GFP. In conclusion, our data show that the Lewis GFP-tg rats serve as an excellent cell source for studying primary neural precursor cells in the transplantation paradigm. ..
- Huber M, Kalesnikoff J, Reth M, Krystal G. The role of SHIP in mast cell degranulation and IgE-induced mast cell survival. Immunol Lett. 2002;82:17-21 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that mast cell sensitization by IgE is an active rather than a passive process. ..
- Michler S, Illing R. Molecular plasticity in the rat auditory brainstem: modulation of expression and distribution of phosphoserine, phospho-CREB and TrkB after noise trauma. Audiol Neurootol. 2003;8:190-206 pubmed
- Horvath J, Fliegauf M, Olbrich H, Kispert A, King S, Mitchison H, et al. Identification and analysis of axonemal dynein light chain 1 in primary ciliary dyskinesia patients. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2005;33:41-7 pubmed..Based on these findings, we considered DNAL1 a candidate for PCD and sequenced all exons of DNAL1 in 86 patients. Mutational analysis was negative, excluding a major role of DNAL1 in the pathogenesis of PCD. ..
- Swamy M, Kulathu Y, Ernst S, Reth M, Schamel W. Two dimensional Blue Native-/SDS-PAGE analysis of SLP family adaptor protein complexes. Immunol Lett. 2006;104:131-7 pubmed..Surprisingly, stimulation-induced alteration of SLP complexes could not be detected, suggesting that active signaling complexes form only transiently, and are of low abundance. ..
- Siepe M, Giraud M, Pavlovic M, Receputo C, Beyersdorf F, Menasche P, et al. Myoblast-seeded biodegradable scaffolds to prevent post-myocardial infarction evolution toward heart failure. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006;132:124-31 pubmed..We previously reported on the bioengineering of myoblast-based constructs. We investigate here the functional outcome of infarcted hearts treated by implantation of myoblast-seeded scaffolds...
- Spaderna S, Schmalhofer O, Wahlbuhl M, Dimmler A, Bauer K, Sultan A, et al. The transcriptional repressor ZEB1 promotes metastasis and loss of cell polarity in cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:537-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, by linking EMT, loss of polarity, and metastasis, ZEB1 is a crucial promoter of malignant tumor progression. ..
- Dennemärker J, Lohmüller T, Müller S, Aguilar S, Tobin D, Peters C, et al. Impaired turnover of autophagolysosomes in cathepsin L deficiency. Biol Chem. 2010;391:913-22 pubmed publisher..This could slow the turnover of autophagolysosomes and result in accumulation of the dysmorphic and 'acidic' vesicles that were previously described in the context of the pathological phenotypes of Ctsl(-/-) mice. ..
- Brunne B, Zhao S, Derouiche A, Herz J, May P, Frotscher M, et al. Origin, maturation, and astroglial transformation of secondary radial glial cells in the developing dentate gyrus. Glia. 2010;58:1553-69 pubmed publisher..Time-lapse imaging of acute hippocampal slices from hGFAP-eGFP transgenic mice provides direct evidence for such a migration mode of differentiating astroglial cells in the developing dentate gyrus. ..
- Alt K, Wiehr S, Ehrlichmann W, Reischl G, Wolf P, Pichler B, et al. High-resolution animal PET imaging of prostate cancer xenografts with three different 64Cu-labeled antibodies against native cell-adherent PSMA. Prostate. 2010;70:1413-21 pubmed publisher..Due to the high and specific uptake of the 64Cu-labeled mAbs in PSMA-positive tumors, these antibodies represent excellent tools for prostate cancer imaging. ..
- Kremkow J, Aertsen A, Kumar A. Gating of signal propagation in spiking neural networks by balanced and correlated excitation and inhibition. J Neurosci. 2010;30:15760-8 pubmed publisher..When combined with excitation-inhibition balance, temporal gating constitutes a powerful mechanism to control the propagation of mixtures of transient and tonic neural activity components. ..
- Scharf W, Schauer S, Freyburger F, Petrovec M, Schaarschmidt Kiener D, Liebisch G, et al. Distinct host species correlate with Anaplasma phagocytophilum ankA gene clusters. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:790-6 pubmed publisher..Whereas the phylogenetic analysis using 16S rRNA gene sequences was not meaningful, we showed that distinct host species correlate with A. phagocytophilum ankA gene clusters. ..
- Hanuschkin A, Diesmann M, Morrison A. A reafferent and feed-forward model of song syntax generation in the Bengalese finch. J Comput Neurosci. 2011;31:509-32 pubmed publisher..This study illustrates how sequential compositionality following a defined syntax can be realized in networks of spiking neurons...
- Klasen C, Ohl K, Sternkopf M, Shachar I, Schmitz C, Heussen N, et al. MIF promotes B cell chemotaxis through the receptors CXCR4 and CD74 and ZAP-70 signaling. J Immunol. 2014;192:5273-84 pubmed publisher..The data also suggest that MIF may contribute to B cell recruitment in vivo (e.g., in B cell-related immune disorders). ..
- Turecek R, Schwenk J, Fritzius T, Ivankova K, Zolles G, Adelfinger L, et al. Auxiliary GABAB receptor subunits uncouple G protein ?? subunits from effector channels to induce desensitization. Neuron. 2014;82:1032-44 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, genetic ablation of KCTD12 specifically alters GABAB responses in the brain. Our results show that GABAB receptors are endowed with fast and reversible desensitization by harnessing KCTD12 that intercepts G?? signaling. ..
- Newie J, Andreou A, Neumann P, Einsle O, Feussner I, Ficner R. Crystal structure of a lipoxygenase from Cyanothece sp. may reveal novel features for substrate acquisition. J Lipid Res. 2016;57:276-87 pubmed publisher..While the core of the active site is important for lipoxygenation and thus highly conserved, peripheral domains functioning in membrane and substrate binding are more variable. ..
- Slade S, Langhorne J. Production of interferon-gamma during infection of mice with Plasmodium chabaudi chabaudi. Immunobiology. 1989;179:353-65 pubmed..The limiting dilution analysis revealed that a substantial IFN-gamma response by specific T cells occurs very early in a primary infection with P. chabaudi. ..
- Hemberger M, Himmelbauer H, Neumann H, Plate K, Schwarzkopf G, Fundele R. Expression of the von Hippel-Lindau-binding protein-1 (Vbp1) in fetal and adult mouse tissues. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:229-36 pubmed..Mapping of the murine Vbp1 gene revealed conserved chromosomal localization between mouse and human in a region homologous to human Xq28. ..
- Niedermann G, Geier E, Lucchiari Hartz M, Hitziger N, Ramsperger A, Eichmann K. The specificity of proteasomes: impact on MHC class I processing and presentation of antigens. Immunol Rev. 1999;172:29-48 pubmed
- Pelanda R, Braun U, Hobeika E, Nussenzweig M, Reth M. B cell progenitors are arrested in maturation but have intact VDJ recombination in the absence of Ig-alpha and Ig-beta. J Immunol. 2002;169:865-72 pubmed..Finally, Ig-alpha and Ig-beta are not redundant in their putative function, as pro-B cells from Ig-alpha and Ig-beta double-deficient mice are similar to those from single-deficient animals in every aspect analyzed. ..
- Unsoeld H, Pircher H. Complex memory T-cell phenotypes revealed by coexpression of CD62L and CCR7. J Virol. 2005;79:4510-3 pubmed
- Schermer B, Höpker K, Omran H, Ghenoiu C, Fliegauf M, Fekete A, et al. Phosphorylation by casein kinase 2 induces PACS-1 binding of nephrocystin and targeting to cilia. EMBO J. 2005;24:4415-24 pubmed..Inhibition of CK2 activity abrogates this interaction and results in the loss of correct nephrocystin targeting. These data suggest that CK2-dependent transport processes represent a novel pathway of targeting proteins to the cilia. ..
- Firat E, Huai J, Saveanu L, Gaedicke S, Aichele P, Eichmann K, et al. Analysis of direct and cross-presentation of antigens in TPPII knockout mice. J Immunol. 2007;179:8137-45 pubmed
- Dierks C, Beigi R, Guo G, Zirlik K, Stegert M, Manley P, et al. Expansion of Bcr-Abl-positive leukemic stem cells is dependent on Hedgehog pathway activation. Cancer Cell. 2008;14:238-49 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological Smo inhibition reduced LSCs in vivo and enhanced time to relapse after end of treatment. Our results indicate that Smo inhibition might be an effective treatment strategy to reduce the LSC pool in CML. ..
- van Essen D, Engist B, Natoli G, Saccani S. Two modes of transcriptional activation at native promoters by NF-kappaB p65. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e73 pubmed publisher..This mode enables a subset of promoters to utilize a wide choice of transcription factors, with the potential to regulate their expression accordingly, whilst remaining dependent for their activation on NF-kappaB. ..
- Fredrich M, Illing R. MMP-2 is involved in synaptic remodeling after cochlear lesion. Neuroreport. 2010;21:324-7 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a major role of MMP-2 in lesion-induced remodeling of central auditory networks and suggest a cooperativity with GAP-43-directed axonal outgrowth and synaptogenesis. ..
- Lang A, Schmidt G, Sheets J, Aktories K. Targeting of the actin cytoskeleton by insecticidal toxins from Photorhabdus luminescens. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2011;383:227-35 pubmed publisher..The actions of the toxins are described and compared with other bacterial protein toxins acting on the cytoskeleton...
- Vieira R, Müller T, Grimm M, von Gernler V, Vetter B, Dürk T, et al. Purinergic receptor type 6 contributes to airway inflammation and remodeling in experimental allergic airway inflammation. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184:215-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, blocking pulmonary P2Y6R might be a target for the treatment of allergic airway inflammation. ..
- Ferreira K, Kreutz C, MacNelly S, Neubert K, Haber A, Bogyo M, et al. Caspase-3 feeds back on caspase-8, Bid and XIAP in type I Fas signaling in primary mouse hepatocytes. Apoptosis. 2012;17:503-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, potent, selective caspase-3 inhibitors are useful tools to understand complex signaling circuitries in apoptosis. ..
- von zur Muhlen C, Schiffer E, Sackmann C, Zurbig P, Neudorfer I, Zirlik A, et al. Urine proteome analysis reflects atherosclerotic disease in an ApoE-/- mouse model and allows the discovery of new candidate biomarkers in mouse and human atherosclerosis. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2012;11:M111.013847 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this approach represents a novel discovery tool for the identification of proteins relevant in murine and human atherosclerosis and thus also defines potential novel therapeutic targets. ..
- Weidensteiner C, Reichardt W, Shami P, Saavedra J, Keefer L, Baumer B, et al. Effects of the nitric oxide donor JS-K on the blood-tumor barrier and on orthotopic U87 rat gliomas assessed by MRI. Nitric Oxide. 2013;30:17-25 pubmed publisher..DCE-MRI is a non-invasive, repeatable imaging modality to monitor biological effects of NO donors and other experimental therapeutics in intracranial tumor models. ..
- Heermann S, Mätlik K, Hinz U, Fey J, Arumae U, Krieglstein K. Glia cell line-derived neurotrophic factor mediates survival of murine sympathetic precursors. J Neurosci Res. 2013;91:780-5 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that GDNF also maintained neonatal sympathetic neurons (40%) cultured for 2 days. However, the GDNF responsiveness was lost at 5 days in vitro. ..
- Weber S, Fernández Cachón M, Nascimento J, Knauer S, Offermann B, Murphy R, et al. Label-free detection of neuronal differentiation in cell populations using high-throughput live-cell imaging of PC12 cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56690 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this enables long-term, large-scale studies of cell populations with minimized costs and efforts for detecting effects of external manipulation of neuronal cell differentiation. ..
- Klose C, Flach M, Möhle L, Rogell L, Hoyler T, Ebert K, et al. Differentiation of type 1 ILCs from a common progenitor to all helper-like innate lymphoid cell lineages. Cell. 2014;157:340-356 pubmed publisher..Our data significantly advance our understanding of ILC differentiation and presents evidence for a new ILC lineage that protects barrier surfaces against intracellular infections. ..
- Arima Y, Kamimura D, Atsumi T, Harada M, Kawamoto T, Nishikawa N, et al. A pain-mediated neural signal induces relapse in murine autoimmune encephalomyelitis, a multiple sclerosis model. elife. 2015;4: pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that a pain-mediated neural signal can be transformed into an inflammation reaction at specific vessels to induce disease relapse, thus making this signal a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Deeg C, Hassan E, Mutz P, Rheinemann L, Götz V, Magar L, et al. In vivo evasion of MxA by avian influenza viruses requires human signature in the viral nucleoprotein. J Exp Med. 2017;214:1239-1248 pubmed publisher..Similar mutations probably need to be acquired by emerging influenza A viruses before they can spread in the human population. ..
- Gunther T, Struwe M, Aguzzi A, Schughart K. Open brain, a new mouse mutant with severe neural tube defects, shows altered gene expression patterns in the developing spinal cord. Development. 1994;120:3119-30 pubmed..The implications of these findings are discussed in the context of dorsoventral patterning of the developing neural tube and compared with known mouse mutants exhibiting similar defects. ..
- Bauer H, Meier A, Hild M, Stachel S, Economides A, Hazelett D, et al. Follistatin and noggin are excluded from the zebrafish organizer. Dev Biol. 1998;204:488-507 pubmed..It thus appears that many, but not all, aspects of early dorsoventral patterning are shared among different vertebrate species. ..
- Kock J, Nassal M, MacNelly S, Baumert T, Blum H, Von Weizsacker F. Efficient infection of primary tupaia hepatocytes with purified human and woolly monkey hepatitis B virus. J Virol. 2001;75:5084-9 pubmed..Primary tupaia hepatocytes should represent a useful system for studying early steps of HBV and WMHBV infection...
- Lele Z, Bakkers J, Hammerschmidt M. Morpholino phenocopies of the swirl, snailhouse, somitabun, minifin, silberblick, and pipetail mutations. Genesis. 2001;30:190-4 pubmed
- Klock A, Herrmann B. Cloning and expression of the mouse dual-specificity mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase phosphatase Mkp3 during mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 2002;116:243-7 pubmed..At later stages, expression is also detected in the tooth primordia, vibrissae, hair follicles, pinna, submandibular gland, mammary gland primordia, lung and kidney. Strong expression was detected in the adult brain. ..
- Gerke P, Huber T, Sellin L, Benzing T, Walz G. Homodimerization and heterodimerization of the glomerular podocyte proteins nephrin and NEPH1. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:918-26 pubmed
- Dai F, Yusuf F, Farjah G, Brand Saberi B. RNAi-induced targeted silencing of developmental control genes during chicken embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 2005;285:80-90 pubmed..The results suggest that our novel dual expression EGFP-shRNA system opens a new possibility to study gene function in a convenient and efficient way. ..
- Herz C, Aumailley M, Schulte C, Schlötzer Schrehardt U, Bruckner Tuderman L, Has C. Kindlin-1 is a phosphoprotein involved in regulation of polarity, proliferation, and motility of epidermal keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:36082-90 pubmed..It is involved in organization and anchorage of the actin cytoskeleton to integrin-associated signaling platforms. ..
- Heun P. SUMOrganization of the nucleus. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 2007;19:350-5 pubmed..Related functions include the organization of chromatin loops and maintenance of rDNA repeat stability. Consequently, complete loss of SUMO modification profoundly affects nuclear organization and cell viability...
- Pardo J, Wallich R, Martin P, Urban C, Rongvaux A, Flavell R, et al. Granzyme B-induced cell death exerted by ex vivo CTL: discriminating requirements for cell death and some of its signs. Cell Death Differ. 2008;15:567-79 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for a pleiotropic pro-apoptotic function of gzmB presumably to counteract evasion strategies of pathogens and to control tumors. ..
- Burk U, Schubert J, Wellner U, Schmalhofer O, Vincan E, Spaderna S, et al. A reciprocal repression between ZEB1 and members of the miR-200 family promotes EMT and invasion in cancer cells. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:582-9 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, depending on the environmental trigger, this loop might switch and induce epithelial differentiation, and thus explain the strong intratumorous heterogeneity observed in many human cancers. ..
- Kirsch M, Trautmann N, Ernst M, Hofmann H. Involvement of gp130-associated cytokine signaling in Müller cell activation following optic nerve lesion. Glia. 2010;58:768-79 pubmed publisher..A potential role of CNTF was possibly masked by a compensatory increase in LIF signaling in the absence of CNTF. ..
- Kosyfaki P, del Pilar Pinilla Martín M, Strub J. Relationship between crowns and the periodontium: a literature update. Quintessence Int. 2010;41:109-26 pubmed..The accompanying data confirm the results reported in the literature, revealing that nothing has substantially changed, thereby supporting current approaches...
- Koob S, Torio Padron N, Stark G, Hannig C, Stankovic Z, Finkenzeller G. Bone formation and neovascularization mediated by mesenchymal stem cells and endothelial cells in critical-sized calvarial defects. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011;17:311-21 pubmed publisher..In addition, implanted MSCs effectively supported bone formation in calvarial defects. However, the HUVEC-derived neovasculature did not improve MSC-triggered bone regeneration in this orthotopic critical-sized defect model. ..
- Krumbach R, Schuler J, Hofmann M, Giesemann T, Fiebig H, Beckers T. Primary resistance to cetuximab in a panel of patient-derived tumour xenograft models: activation of MET as one mechanism for drug resistance. Eur J Cancer. 2011;47:1231-43 pubmed publisher..Combined treatments of a MET inhibitor and cetuximab were additive. Therefore, combination therapy of cetuximab and a MET inhibitor in selected lung cancer patients could be of high clinical significance. ..
- Hildebrandt H, Hoffmann N, Illing R. Synaptic reorganization in the adult rat's ventral cochlear nucleus following its total sensory deafferentation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23686 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, there appears to be a substantial potential for network reorganization and synaptogenesis in the auditory brainstem after loss of hearing, even in the adult brain...
- Herrel M, Hoefs N, Staeheli P, Schneider U. Tick-borne Nyamanini virus replicates in the nucleus and exhibits unusual genome and matrix protein properties. J Virol. 2012;86:10739-47 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that NYMV possesses biological properties previously regarded as typical for filoviruses and bornaviruses, respectively. ..
- Leonhardt F, Grundmann S, Behe M, Bluhm F, Dumont R, Braun F, et al. Inflammatory neovascularization during graft-versus-host disease is regulated by ?v integrin and miR-100. Blood. 2013;121:3307-18 pubmed publisher..We identify negative regulation of GvHD-related neovascularization by miR-100, which indicates common pathomechanistic features of GvHD and ischemia. ..
- Nam H, Boo K, Kim D, Han D, Choe H, Kim C, et al. Phosphorylation of LSD1 by PKC? is crucial for circadian rhythmicity and phase resetting. Mol Cell. 2014;53:791-805 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that LSD1 is a key component of the molecular circadian oscillator, which plays a pivotal role in rhythmicity and phase resetting of the circadian clock. ..
- BaudiÃŸ K, de Paula Vieira R, Cicko S, Ayata K, Hossfeld M, Ehrat N, et al. C1P Attenuates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Acute Lung Injury by Preventing NF-ÎºB Activation in Neutrophils. J Immunol. 2016;196:2319-26 pubmed publisher..These results indicate C1P playing a role in dampening LPS-induced acute lung inflammation and suggest that C1P could be a valuable candidate for treatment of ALI. ..
- Schloß S, Hackl T, Herz C, Lamy E, Koch M, Rohn S, et al. Detection of a Toxic Methylated Derivative of Phomopsin A Produced by the Legume-Infesting Fungus Diaporthe toxica. J Nat Prod. 2017;80:1930-1934 pubmed publisher..toxica is described. It was characterized by high-resolution mass and NMR data and shown to be the N-methylated derivative of PHO-A. 1 is cytotoxic against HepG2 cells. ..
- Weber F, Kochs G, Gruber S, Haller O. A classical bipartite nuclear localization signal on Thogoto and influenza A virus nucleoproteins. Virology. 1998;250:9-18 pubmed..These findings suggest that NP of orthomyxoviruses have two independent NLSs, namely cNLS and nNLS. They further suggest that NAS and NLSs may assume opposing roles in nucleocytoplasmic transport of NP. ..
- Brombacher F, Dorfmüller A, Magram J, Dai W, Kohler G, Wunderlin A, et al. IL-12 is dispensable for innate and adaptive immunity against low doses of Listeria monocytogenes. Int Immunol. 1999;11:325-32 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that at low doses of Listeria IL-12 is neither critical for innate immunity nor for the development of protective T cell-dependent acquired immunity. ..
- Weber F, Elliott R. Antigenic drift, antigenic shift and interferon antagonists: how bunyaviruses counteract the immune system. Virus Res. 2002;88:129-36 pubmed..Here, we try to summarise the current state of knowledge about how the viruses of the Bunyaviridae succeed in establishing infection in the face of a powerful immune system. ..
- Schweizer H, Johnson R, Brand Saberi B. Characterization of migration behavior of myogenic precursor cells in the limb bud with respect to Lmx1b expression. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2004;208:7-18 pubmed..The present study provides new insights into migratory pathways of myogenic precursor cells and reveals details of Lmx1b expression on a cellular basis within the limb. ..
- Wendik B, Maier E, Meyer D. Zebrafish mnx genes in endocrine and exocrine pancreas formation. Dev Biol. 2004;268:372-83 pubmed..In contrast, mnr2a is required during late morphogenesis of the exocrine pancreas. In summary, our data suggest a tissue-specific mnx-expression code in the zebrafish pancreas and they reveal a novel role of an mnr2-related gene. ..
- Fliegauf M, Horvath J, von Schnakenburg C, Olbrich H, Muller D, Thumfart J, et al. Nephrocystin specifically localizes to the transition zone of renal and respiratory cilia and photoreceptor connecting cilia. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2006;17:2424-33 pubmed..In conclusion, nephrocystin deficiency or dysfunction at the transition zone of renal monocilia and the photoreceptor connecting cilium might explain renal failure and retinal degeneration that are observed in patients with NPHP1. ..
- Helbing T, Rothweiler R, Heinke J, Goetz L, Diehl P, Zirlik A, et al. BMPER is upregulated by statins and modulates endothelial inflammation by intercellular adhesion molecule-1. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:554-60 pubmed publisher..BMP4 downregulation and BMPER upregulation contribute to the antiinflammatory pleiotropic effects of statins. ..
- Gebert N, Ryan M, Pfanner N, Wiedemann N, Stojanovski D. Mitochondrial protein import machineries and lipids: a functional connection. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1808:1002-11 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled Protein translocation across or insertion into membranes. ..
- Wilhelm K, Ganesan J, Müller T, Dürr C, Grimm M, Beilhack A, et al. Graft-versus-host disease is enhanced by extracellular ATP activating P2X7R. Nat Med. 2010;16:1434-8 pubmed publisher..These data have major implications for transplantation medicine, as pharmacological interference with danger signals that act via P2X(7)R could lead to the development of tolerance without the need for intensive immunosuppression. ..
- Dumont R, Deininger F, Haubner R, Maecke H, Weber W, Fani M. Novel (64)Cu- and (68)Ga-labeled RGD conjugates show improved PET imaging of ?(?)?(3) integrin expression and facile radiosynthesis. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:1276-84 pubmed publisher..The development of (68)Ga-RGD peptides would be of great utility given the convenience of (68)Ga production and radiolabeling, and (64)Cu-RGD peptides allow for delayed imaging with potentially improved tumor-to-background ratios...
- Müller S, Dennemärker J, Reinheckel T. Specific functions of lysosomal proteases in endocytic and autophagic pathways. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1824:34-43 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Proteolysis 50 years after the discovery of lysosome. ..