Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Tübingen, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Locale: Tübingen, Baden Württemberg, Germany
Publications339 found, 100 shown here
- Burgstahler C, Wohrle J, Kochs M, Nusser T, Löffler C, Kunze M, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging to assess acute changes in atrial and ventricular parameters after transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007;25:1136-40 pubmed..ASD closure by percutaneous transcatheter device implantation results within 24 hours in a significant reduction of shunt fraction, RA and RV sizes, and RV function, whereas LA and LV dimensions remain unchanged. ..
- Lanaras T, Schaller H, Sinis N. Brachial plexus lesions: 10 years of experience in a center for microsurgery in Germany. Microsurgery. 2009;29:87-94 pubmed publisher..Some treatment strategies, which are presently under frequent discussion (contralateral C7-transfer, banked autografts, Oberlin procedure), were not applied. However, some of these techniques may provide a key to improve the results. ..
- Haap M, Artunc F, Haas C, Horger M, Teichmann R, Riessen R. [A rare differential diagnosis of acute abdominal pain--case 04/2009]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2009;134:1473 pubmed publisher..5 days previously, a tooth extraction had been performed and postoperatively ibuprofen had been prescribed for pain relief. The medical history was empty besides a penicillin allergy and two caesarean sections 20 and 21 years ago...
- Derhovanessian E, Maier A, Hähnel K, Beck R, de Craen A, Slagboom E, et al. Infection with cytomegalovirus but not herpes simplex virus induces the accumulation of late-differentiated CD4+ and CD8+ T-cells in humans. J Gen Virol. 2011;92:2746-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that these hallmarks of age-associated alterations to immune signatures are indeed observed in the general population in people infected with CMV and not those infected with a different persistent herpesvirus. ..
- Zanger P, Nurjadi D, Gabor J, Gaile M, Kremsner P. Effectiveness of rifaximin in prevention of diarrhoea in individuals travelling to south and southeast Asia: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2013;13:946-54 pubmed publisher..Similar studies are needed to inform travellers and practitioners about the effectiveness of this drug at other popular destinations. ..
- Ordelheide A, Böhm A, Kempe Teufel D, Wagner R, Machicao F, Heni M, et al. Common variation in the sodium/glucose cotransporter 2 gene SLC5A2 does neither affect fasting nor glucose-suppressed plasma glucagon concentrations. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177148 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the reported nominal effects of individual SLC5A2 variants on fasting and post-challenge glucose levels may probably not be mediated by altered glucagon release. ..
- Quintus J, Kovar K, Link P, Hamacher H. Urinary excretion of arbutin metabolites after oral administration of bearberry leaf extracts. Planta Med. 2005;71:147-52 pubmed..6 % of the total administered arbutin dose. The preliminary pharmacokinetic results confirm that renal elimination of toxicologically critical concentrations of the metabolite 5 will not be expected...
- Eberhardt O, Naegele T, Raygrotzki S, Weller M, Ernemann U. Stenting of vertebrobasilar arteries in symptomatic atherosclerotic disease and acute occlusion: case series and review of the literature. J Vasc Surg. 2006;43:1145-54 pubmed..Larger comparative trials are needed. Treatment decisions in distal vertebrobasilar disease have been made on an individual basis. ..
- Ilg W, Golla H, Thier P, Giese M. Specific influences of cerebellar dysfunctions on gait. Brain. 2007;130:786-98 pubmed
- Dietz K, Raddatz G, Wallis J, Muller N, Zerr I, Duerr H, et al. Blood transfusion and spread of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:89-96 pubmed
- Reinhard J, Messias A, Dietz K, MacKeben M, Lakmann R, Scholl H, et al. Quantifying fixation in patients with Stargardt disease. Vision Res. 2007;47:2076-85 pubmed..PRL eccentricity correlated positively with logMAR visual acuity (r=.72; p<.0001) and negatively with fixation stability (r=-.58; p<.0001). Multiple PRL were found only in three eyes...
- Müssig K, Staiger H, Machicao F, Stancakova A, Kuusisto J, Laakso M, et al. Association of common genetic variation in the FOXO1 gene with beta-cell dysfunction, impaired glucose tolerance, and type 2 diabetes. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:1353-60 pubmed publisher..002) and dominant model (P = 0.009) in Finnish men. Common genetic variation within the FOXO1 gene affects insulin secretion and glucose tolerance and associates with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Haupt A, Thamer C, Heni M, Tschritter O, Machann J, Schick F, et al. Impact of variation near MC4R on whole-body fat distribution, liver fat, and weight loss. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009;17:1942-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, this candidate SNP for human obesity may preferentially affect the accumulation of subcutaneous adipose tissue. Furthermore, the variation near MC4R has no effect on success of weight loss during lifestyle intervention. ..
- Hocher B, Chen Y, Schlemm L, Burdack A, Li J, Halle H, et al. Fetal sex determines the impact of maternal PROGINS progesterone receptor polymorphism on maternal physiology during pregnancy. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2009;19:710-8 pubmed publisher..6+/-0.7%) versus AA mothers delivering girls (5.9+/-0.6%). Our study indicates that fetal sex may substantially affect maternal blood pressure as well as glycemic control during pregnancy in genetically susceptible mothers. ..
- Haupt A, Thamer C, Heni M, Machicao F, Machann J, Schick F, et al. Novel obesity risk loci do not determine distribution of body fat depots: a whole-body MRI/MRS study. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010;18:1212-7 pubmed publisher..009, dominant inheritance model). Therefore, our results suggest that these new obesity SNPs, despite their influence on BMI, are neither associated with a metabolically unfavorable nor with a favorable body composition. ..
- Synofzik M, Fernández Santiago R, Maetzler W, Schols L, Andersen P. The human G93A SOD1 phenotype closely resembles sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2010;81:764-7 pubmed publisher..This pedigree shows a highly homogenous phenotype which closely resembles the typical phenotype of sporadic ALS, thus implicating comparable disease pathology of G93A SOD1 ALS and sporadic ALS. ..
- Machann J, Thamer C, Stefan N, Schwenzer N, Kantartzis K, Haring H, et al. Follow-up whole-body assessment of adipose tissue compartments during a lifestyle intervention in a large cohort at increased risk for type 2 diabetes. Radiology. 2010;257:353-63 pubmed publisher..Their baseline values emerged as predictive factors for an improvement of insulin sensitivity. ..
- Wagner R, Thorand B, Osterhoff M, Müller G, Böhm A, Meisinger C, et al. Family history of diabetes is associated with higher risk for prediabetes: a multicentre analysis from the German Center for Diabetes Research. Diabetologia. 2013;56:2176-80 pubmed publisher..We found that FHD is an important risk factor for prediabetes, especially for combined IGT and IFG. Its relevance seems to be more evident in the non-obese. ..
- Vollmer B, Seibold Weiger K, Schmitz Salue C, Hamprecht K, Goelz R, Krageloh Mann I, et al. Postnatally acquired cytomegalovirus infection via breast milk: effects on hearing and development in preterm infants. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2004;23:322-7 pubmed..Because we studied a small number of infants, further follow-up studies are warranted in preterm infants with early postnatally acquired CMV infection. ..
- Bauer J, Blum A, Strohhäcker U, Garbe C. Surveillance of patients at high risk for cutaneous malignant melanoma using digital dermoscopy. Br J Dermatol. 2005;152:87-92 pubmed..The ratio of 33 lesions excised in order to identify two melanomas in situ seems reasonable and may be further reduced in future. ..
- Lang P, Schenck M, Nicolay J, Becker J, Kempe D, Lupescu A, et al. Liver cell death and anemia in Wilson disease involve acid sphingomyelinase and ceramide. Nat Med. 2007;13:164-70 pubmed..Our data suggest a previously unidentified mechanism for liver cirrhosis and anemia in Wilson disease. ..
- Müssig K, Schraml C, Gallwitz B, Claussen C, Haring H, Schick F, et al. A novel MR-imaging technique using arterial spin labeling for thyroid gland perfusion in thyrotoxicosis. Thyroid. 2007;17:1155-6 pubmed
- Frickenschmidt A, Frohlich H, Bullinger D, Zell A, Laufer S, Gleiter C, et al. Metabonomics in cancer diagnosis: mass spectrometry-based profiling of urinary nucleosides from breast cancer patients. Biomarkers. 2008;13:435-49 pubmed..90% when including 31 nucleosides. The medical metabonomics concept based on the urinary nucleoside profile reveals a significantly improved classification compared with currently applied breast cancer biomarkers such as CA15-3. ..
- Enck P, Kaiser C, Felber M, Riepl R, Klauser A, Klosterhalfen S, et al. Circadian variation of rectal sensitivity and gastrointestinal peptides in healthy volunteers. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2009;21:52-8 pubmed publisher..This circadian variation needs to be taken into account in patients and volunteer studies. ..
- Song L, Xuan N, Toan N, Binh V, Boldt A, Kremsner P, et al. Association of two variants of the interferon-alpha receptor-1 gene with the presentation of hepatitis B virus infection. Eur Cytokine Netw. 2008;19:204-10 pubmed publisher..54, 95% CI: 0.35-0.84, p = 0.004) and had lower plasma ALT concentrations. The findings indicate that two variants of the IFNAR1 gene are associated with the clinical presentation of HBV infection. ..
- Pichler B, Kolb A, Nagele T, Schlemmer H. PET/MRI: paving the way for the next generation of clinical multimodality imaging applications. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:333-6 pubmed publisher..It requires not only significant modifications of the PET detector to make it compact and insensitive to magnetic fields but also a major redesign of the MRI hardware. ..
- Schatz A, Wilke R, Strasser T, Gekeler F, Messias A, Zrenner E. Assessment of "non-recordable" electroretinograms by 9 Hz flicker stimulation under scotopic conditions. Doc Ophthalmol. 2012;124:27-39 pubmed publisher..The ease of implementation in clinical routine and of statistical evaluation providing an observer-independent evaluation may further facilitate its employment...
- Brambatti M, Matassini M, Adler E, Klingel K, Camici P, Ammirati E. Eosinophilic Myocarditis: Characteristics, Treatment, and Outcomes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:2363-2375 pubmed publisher..Eosinophilic myocarditis (EM) is an acute life-threatening inflammatory disease of the heart. Neither large case series nor clinical trials on this specific myocarditis have been reported...
- Brody S. Alexithymia is inversely associated with women's frequency of vaginal intercourse. Arch Sex Behav. 2003;32:73-7 pubmed..Results are discussed in terms of the unique nature of penile-vaginal intercourse, emotional integration and sexuality, and both less alexithymia and greater FSI being associated with indices of better physical and psychological health. ..
- Räth K, Taxis K, Walz G, Gleiter C, Li S, Heide L. Pharmacokinetic study of artemisinin after oral intake of a traditional preparation of Artemisia annua L. (annual wormwood). Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2004;70:128-32 pubmed..Artemisinin plasma concentrations after intake of this herbal tea are sufficient for clinical effects, but insufficient to recommend such preparations as equivalent substitutes for modern artemisinin drugs in malaria therapy. ..
- Meyer T, Kossmann Böhm S, Schlottke P. Do child psychiatrists in Germany diagnose bipolar disorders in children and adolescents? Results from a survey. Bipolar Disord. 2004;6:426-31 pubmed..g. misdiagnoses, overlooking comorbidity or referral strategies. Epidemiological studies are needed and should consider multiple follow-ups. ..
- Reinhard J, Schreiber A, Schiefer U, Kasten E, Sabel B, Kenkel S, et al. Does visual restitution training change absolute homonymous visual field defects? A fundus controlled study. Br J Ophthalmol. 2005;89:30-5 pubmed..To examine whether visual restitution training (VRT) is able to change absolute homonymous field defect, assessed with fundus controlled microperimetry, in patients with hemianopia...
- Fehrenbach E, Niess A, Voelker K, Northoff H, Mooren F. Exercise intensity and duration affect blood soluble HSP72. Int J Sports Med. 2005;26:552-7 pubmed..Exercise intensity was also an important influencing factor. A duration- and intensity-dependent role for sHSP72 in the exercise-induced changes of the immune response may be assumed. ..
- Ritz R, Roser F, Morgalla M, Dietz K, Tatagiba M, Will B. Do antibiotic-impregnated shunts in hydrocephalus therapy reduce the risk of infection? An observational study in 258 patients. BMC Infect Dis. 2007;7:38 pubmed..AIS was not developed to prevent infection in such cases, therefore an advantage of AIS can not be excluded. In view of the presented data and the small number of reported studies a prospective randomized multicenter study is required. ..
- Staiger H, Machicao F, Kantartzis K, Schäfer S, Kirchhoff K, Guthoff M, et al. Novel meta-analysis-derived type 2 diabetes risk loci do not determine prediabetic phenotypes. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3019 pubmed publisher..Possible weak effects of ADAMTS9 SNP rs4607103 and VEGFA SNP rs9472138 on insulin sensitivity and insulin secretion, respectively, await further confirmation by larger studies. ..
- Pfister M, Zalaman I, Blumenstock G, Mauz P, Baumann I. Impact of genotype and mutation type on health-related quality of life in patients with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Acta Otolaryngol. 2009;129:862-6 pubmed publisher..62). Patients with genotype ENG (HHT1) with nonsense mutations showed significantly higher mental component scores than patients with missense mutations (effect size=0.79). ..
- Kotchoubey B, Kaiser J, Bostanov V, Lutzenberger W, Birbaumer N. Recognition of affective prosody in brain-damaged patients and healthy controls: a neurophysiological study using EEG and whole-head MEG. Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci. 2009;9:153-67 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the component is related not to the recognition of affective prosody as such, but to the following detection of affective mismatch due to violations of emotional context of stimulation...
- Deuter C, Doycheva D, Stuebiger N, Zierhut M. Mycophenolate sodium for immunosuppressive treatment in uveitis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2009;17:415-9 pubmed publisher..3%). Tolerability of MPS was good or moderate in 34 patients (97.1%). MPS was demonstrated as an effective and well-tolerated immunosuppressive drug for different forms of uveitis. ..
- Conrad V, Bartels A, Kleiner M, Noppeney U. Audiovisual interactions in binocular rivalry. J Vis. 2010;10:27 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that auditory modulation of perceptual dominance times might be established in a top-down fashion by means of feedback mechanisms. ..
- Spira D, Sökler M, Vogel W, Löffler S, Spira S, Brodoefel H, et al. Volume and attenuation computed tomography measurements for interim evaluation of Hodgkin and follicular lymphoma as an additional surrogate parameter for more confident response monitoring: a pilot study. Cancer Imaging. 2011;11:155-62 pubmed publisher..Mid-treatment response assessment of residual masses in patients with HD and NHL using VACT may aid in the risk stratification as an additional surrogate parameter. ..
- Dubljević V. Prohibition or coffee shops: regulation of amphetamine and methylphenidate for enhancement use by healthy adults. Am J Bioeth. 2013;13:23-33 pubmed publisher..However, due to their danger profile, amphetamine and instant release forms of methylphenidate should not be made readily available to healthy adults and would need to be prohibited...
- Binder G, Liebl M, Woelfle J, Eggermann T, Blumenstock G, Schweizer R. Adult height and epigenotype in children with Silver-Russell syndrome treated with GH. Horm Res Paediatr. 2013;80:193-200 pubmed publisher..Height gain was highest in the shortest patients. GH improved adult height in SRS to a comparable degree as reported in nonsyndromic SGA children. A trend toward a better outcome in matUPD7 needs confirmation in larger cohorts. ..
- Al Batran S, Homann N, Pauligk C, Illerhaus G, Martens U, Stoehlmacher J, et al. Effect of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy Followed by Surgical Resection on Survival in Patients With Limited Metastatic Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer: The AIO-FLOT3 Trial. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1237-1244 pubmed publisher..The AIO-FLOT3 trial provides a rationale for further randomized clinical trials. clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT00849615. ..
- Drewing K, Ernst M. Integration of force and position cues for shape perception through active touch. Brain Res. 2006;1078:92-100 pubmed..Both findings are in good agreement with the maximum-likelihood estimation (MLE) model for cue integration and, thus, carry this model over to the domain of active haptic perception. ..
- Nowomiejska K, Brzozowska A, Zarnowski T, Rejdak R, Weleber R, Schiefer U. Variability in isopter position and fatigue during semi-automated kinetic perimetry. Ophthalmologica. 2012;227:166-72 pubmed publisher..Assessment of factors influencing response variability to repeat presentations of III4e stimuli and the fatigue effect during semi-automated kinetic perimetry (SKP)...
- Schiefer U, Benda N, Dietrich T, Selig B, Hofmann C, Schiller J. Angioscotoma detection with fundus-oriented perimetry. A study with dark and bright stimuli of different sizes. Vision Res. 1999;39:1897-909 pubmed..FOP permits the individual arrangement of stimuli for specific morphological conditions and is thus capable of detecting even minute visual field defects such as angioscotomas. ..
- Braun N, Faul C, Wernet D, Schnaidt M, Stuhler G, Kanz L, et al. Successful transplantation of highly selected CD34+ peripheral blood stem cells in a HLA-sensitized patient treated with immunoadsorption onto protein A. Transplantation. 2000;69:1742-4 pubmed..Immunoadsorption onto protein A should be considered in stem cell transplantation even from an haploidentical donor where anti-HLA antibodies and a positive FCXM are documented. ..
- Abele M, Burk K, Laccone F, Dichgans J, Klockgether T. Restless legs syndrome in spinocerebellar ataxia types 1, 2, and 3. J Neurol. 2001;248:311-4 pubmed..The probability of developing RLS is related principally to the period over which the CAG repeat mutation exerts its effect and not to CAG repeat length or age of ataxia onset. ..
- Schreiner B, Wischhusen J, Mitsdoerffer M, Schneider D, Bornemann A, Melms A, et al. Expression of the B7-related molecule ICOSL by human glioma cells in vitro and in vivo. Glia. 2003;44:296-301 pubmed..However, ICOSL gene transfer into glioma cells does not alter their immunogenicity under primary or secondary alloreactive coculture assays. ..
- Braun C, Staudt M, Schmitt C, Preissl H, Birbaumer N, Gerloff C. Crossed cortico-spinal motor control after capsular stroke. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:2935-45 pubmed..This renders it likely that maintaining or regaining use of crossed CST fibers is one way to achieve effective recovery. ..
- Göhring K, Wolf D, Bethge W, Mikeler E, Faul C, Vogel W, et al. Dynamics of coexisting HCMV-UL97 and UL54 drug-resistance associated mutations in patients after haematopoietic cell transplantation. J Clin Virol. 2013;57:43-9 pubmed publisher..Manifestation of drug resistant combined UL97/UL54-mutations occurred prior to a second VL peak under (V)GCV/PFA co-treatment. ..
- Sotlar K, Escribano L, Landt O, Möhrle S, Herrero S, Torrelo A, et al. One-step detection of c-kit point mutations using peptide nucleic acid-mediated polymerase chain reaction clamping and hybridization probes. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:737-46 pubmed
- Reinhard J, Trauzettel Klosinski S. Nasotemporal overlap of retinal ganglion cells in humans: a functional study. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2003;44:1568-72 pubmed..It consists of a strip of intact perception reaching into the blind hemifield. The concave shape can be explained by the size and distribution of the receptive fields of the retinal ganglion cells. ..
- Mueck A, Seeger H, Wallwiener D. Endogenous estradiol metabolism during treatment with oral contraceptives. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2004;42:160-4 pubmed..OCs containing norethisterone acetate, dienogest or levonorgestrel did not have a negative effect on estradiol metabolism, i.e. they did not elicit a higher D-ring metabolism, which is considered to increase breast cancer risk. ..
- Nagy D, Schönfisch B, Zrenner E, Jagle H. Long-term follow-up of retinitis pigmentosa patients with multifocal electroretinography. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2008;49:4664-71 pubmed publisher..It does not replace, but complements psychophysical methods and could be used as an objective outcome measure in upcoming treatment studies involving patients with advanced retinal diseases. ..
- von Herbay A, Barreiros A, Ignee A, Westendorff J, Gregor M, Galle P, et al. Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography with SonoVue: differentiation between benign and malignant lesions of the spleen. J Ultrasound Med. 2009;28:421-34 pubmed..001). Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography is helpful in the differentiation between benign and malignant lesions of the spleen. ..
- Bisdas S, Rumboldt Z, Surlan Popovic K, Baghi M, Koh T, Vogl T, et al. Perfusion CT in squamous cell carcinoma of the upper aerodigestive tract: long-term predictive value of baseline perfusion CT measurements. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2010;31:576-81 pubmed publisher..Patients without mismatch lived significantly longer than patients with mismatch (P = .01). BF, PS, and mismatch of BF-BV are significant predictors of local tumor control after chemoradiation in SCCA of the upper aerodigestive tract. ..
- Gaissert N, Bülthoff H, Wallraven C. Similarity and categorization: from vision to touch. Acta Psychol (Amst). 2011;138:219-30 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that both modalities employ similar processes in forming categories of complex objects. ..
- Synofzik M, Ronchi D, Keskin I, Basak A, Wilhelm C, Gobbi C, et al. Mutant superoxide dismutase-1 indistinguishable from wild-type causes ALS. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:3568-74 pubmed publisher..Wild-type human SOD1 is moderately stable, and was found here to be within the stability range of ALS-causing SOD1 variants, lending support to the hypothesis that wild-type SOD1 could be more generally involved in ALS pathogenesis. ..
- Silbernagel G, Kovárová M, Cegan A, Machann J, Schick F, Lehmann R, et al. High hepatic SCD1 activity is associated with low liver fat content in healthy subjects under a lipogenic diet. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:E2288-92 pubmed publisher..DNL is closely linked with hepatic steatosis under dietary conditions rich in monosaccharides. Our data suggest that the individual hepatic SCD1 activity is a determinant of liver fat accumulation under lipogenic dietary conditions. ..
- Spüler M, Rosenstiel W, Bogdan M. Online adaptation of a c-VEP Brain-computer Interface(BCI) based on error-related potentials and unsupervised learning. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51077 pubmed publisher..In addition we show that a calibration of the BCI system solely based on the detection of error-related potentials is possible, without knowing the true class labels. ..
- Jacobi P, Miliczek K, Zrenner E. Experiences with the international standard for clinical electroretinography: normative values for clinical practice, interindividual and intraindividual variations and possible extensions. Doc Ophthalmol. 1993;85:95-114 pubmed..Medians and ranges between the 1st and 99th and the 5th and the 95th percentiles were determined for all recordings for interindividual, as well as for intraindividual variations. ..
- Gessler P, Neu S, Brockmann Y, Speer C. Decreased mRNA expression of G-CSF receptor in cord blood neutrophils of term newborns: regulation of expression by G-CSF and TNF-alpha. Biol Neonate. 2000;77:168-73 pubmed..Furthermore, G-CSF receptor expression on neutrophils was modified not only by G-CSF itself, but also by TNF-alpha. ..
- Fritsche A, Madaus A, Tschritter O, Ozeker M, Wulle E, Machicao F, et al. [Polymorphism of pro12Ala in peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma 2 (PPAgamma2): beta cell function and insulin sensitivity]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2001;126:580-4 pubmed
- Tomida I, Rohrbach J, Zierhut M, Dralle H. [Conjunctival neuromas and prominent corneal nerve fibers as diagnostic indication of multiple endocrine disease]. Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2001;218:463-5 pubmed..Multiple endocrine neoplasias (MEN-syndromes) represent diverse, mostly autosomal-dominant inherited, seldom sporadic diseases. MEN 2B-syndrome comprises medullary thyroid carcinoma, pheochromocytoma and mucosal neuromas...
- Pavlova M, Wecker M, Krombholz K, Sokolov A. Perception of intentions and actions: gender stereotype susceptibility. Brain Res. 2010;1311:81-5 pubmed publisher..The findings are discussed in terms of behavioral components and brain mechanisms underpinning gender effects in social cognition. ..
- Böhmer G, Gleiter C, Mörike K, Nassr N, Walz A, Lahu G. No dose adjustment on coadministration of the PDE4 inhibitor roflumilast with a weak CYP3A, CYP1A2, and CYP2C19 inhibitor: an investigation using cimetidine. J Clin Pharmacol. 2011;51:594-602 pubmed publisher..These moderate changes indicate that dose adjustment of roflumilast is not required when coadministered with a weak inhibitor of CYP1A2, CYP3A, and CYP2C19, such as cimetidine. ..
- Whittingstall K, Bartels A, Singh V, Kwon S, Logothetis N. Integration of EEG source imaging and fMRI during continuous viewing of natural movies. Magn Reson Imaging. 2010;28:1135-42 pubmed publisher..This is especially useful in combined EEG/fMRI experiments, where one can now potentially study neural-hemodynamic relationships across the whole brain volume in a noninvasive manner. ..
- Lee S, Papanikolaou A, Logothetis N, Smirnakis S, Keliris G. A new method for estimating population receptive field topography in visual cortex. Neuroimage. 2013;81:144-157 pubmed publisher..Instead, this method uses the pRF topography to constrain the space that needs to be searched for the subsequent modeling. ..
- Aufderklamm S, Hennenlotter J, Todenhöfer T, Senghaas N, Scharpf M, Gakis G, et al. Oncologic Impact of Renal Tissue Adjacent to Renal Cell Carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:2865-9 pubmed..0531 and 0.0539, respectively). Tumor adjacent renal parenchyma may have oncological relevance, corroborating the need for further molecular investigation of tumor-adjacent tissue in RCC. ..
- Junne F, Ziser K, Giel K, Schag K, Skoda E, Mack I, et al. Determinants of Perceived Stress in Individuals with Obesity: Exploring the Relationship of Potentially Obesity-Related Factors and Perceived Stress. Obes Facts. 2017;10:127-138 pubmed publisher..This study explores the research question of to what extent potentially obesity-related factors determine perceived stress in individuals with obesity...
- Monoranu C, Apfelbacher M, Grunblatt E, Puppe B, Alafuzoff I, Ferrer I, et al. pH measurement as quality control on human post mortem brain tissue: a study of the BrainNet Europe consortium. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2009;35:329-337 pubmed publisher..pH measurement in brain tissue is a good indicator of premortem events in brain tissue and it signals limitations for post mortem investigations. ..
- Szameitat D, Darwin C, Wildgruber D, Alter K, Szameitat A. Acoustic correlates of emotional dimensions in laughter: arousal, dominance, and valence. Cogn Emot. 2011;25:599-611 pubmed publisher..Common patterns of cues were found with emotional expression in speech, supporting the hypothesis of a common underlying mechanism for the vocal expression of emotions. ..
- Hoan N, Van Tong H, Giang D, Cuong B, Toan N, Wedemeyer H, et al. SOCS3 genetic variants and promoter hypermethylation in patients with chronic hepatitis B. Oncotarget. 2017;8:17127-17139 pubmed publisher..0023). In conclusion, SOCS3 promoter variants are associated with HBV susceptibility and SOCS3 hypermethylation stimulates HCC development. ..
- Stellmann J, Krumbholz M, Friede T, Gahlen A, Borisow N, Fischer K, et al. Immunotherapies in neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder: efficacy and predictors of response. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017;88:639-647 pubmed publisher..5, 95% CI 1.0 to 2.4, p=0.065). Age, antibody status and possibly previous attacks predict further attacks in patients treated for NMOSD. Azathioprine and rituximab are superior to interferon-β. ..
- Schmid R, Wilhelm B, Wilhelm H. Naso-temporal asymmetry and contraction anisocoria in the pupillomotor system. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2000;238:123-8 pubmed..The nearly equal direct and consensual pupil reactions when stimulating the temporal retina suggest an input of temporal retina to both sides of the pretectum. Such a crossing of temporal fibres may take place in the chiasm. ..
- Slesak G, Döller P. [Fever and calf tenderness after travel in Thailand: murine typhus and deep vein thrombosis]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr. 2001;126:649-52 pubmed..Besides a temperature of 39.3 degrees C he presented with a unproductive cough and pain in his left calf. On examination there were no other pathological findings than a borderline tachycardia, mild hypotension and signs of dehydration...
- Tschritter O, Stumvoll M, Machicao F, Holzwarth M, Weisser M, Maerker E, et al. The prevalent Glu23Lys polymorphism in the potassium inward rectifier 6.2 (KIR6.2) gene is associated with impaired glucagon suppression in response to hyperglycemia. Diabetes. 2002;51:2854-60 pubmed..Our findings thus confirm its functional relevance for glucose metabolism in humans. ..
- Becker G, Jeremic B, Pitz S, Buchgeister M, Wilhelm H, Schiefer U, et al. Stereotactic fractionated radiotherapy in patients with optic nerve sheath meningioma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002;54:1422-9 pubmed..METHODS AND MARERIALS: Between 1994 and 2000, a total of 39 patients with either primary (n = 15) or secondary (n = 24) ONSM were treated with SFRT and received a median total tumor dose of 54 Gy using 1.8 Gy/fraction...
- Vogel M, Brodoefel H, Bethge W, Faul C, Hartmann J, Schimmel H, et al. Spontaneous thoracic air-leakage syndrome in patients following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: causes, CT-follow up and patient outcome. Eur J Radiol. 2006;60:392-7 pubmed
- Schittenhelm J, Mittelbronn M, Roser F, Tatagiba M, Mawrin C, Bornemann A. Patterns of SPARC expression and basement membrane intactness at the tumour-brain border of invasive meningiomas. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2006;32:525-31 pubmed..Destruction of the basement membrane and appearance of SPARC+ spindle cells are not coincident during the course of brain invasion by meningiomas. ..
- Tetzlaff K, Scholz T, Walterspacher S, Muth C, Metzger J, Roecker K, et al. Characteristics of the respiratory mechanical and muscle function of competitive breath-hold divers. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2008;103:469-75 pubmed publisher..7-6.6) L/kPa after 3 min (p < 0.01). We conclude that in experienced BHD there is a transient alteration in lung elastic recoil. Resting lung function did not reveal a pattern indicative of altered lung ventilatory or muscle function. ..
- Merseburger A, Hennenlotter J, Kuehs U, Simon P, Kruck S, Koch E, et al. Activation of PI3K is associated with reduced survival in renal cell carcinoma. Urol Int. 2008;80:372-7 pubmed publisher..Molecular pathways regulating PI3K activation appear to be promising targets for drug development in the clinical management of RCC patients. ..
- Ethofer T, Kreifelts B, Wiethoff S, Wolf J, Grodd W, Vuilleumier P, et al. Differential influences of emotion, task, and novelty on brain regions underlying the processing of speech melody. J Cogn Neurosci. 2009;21:1255-68 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study reveals that different aspects of voice stimuli and perceptual demands modulate distinct areas involved in the processing of emotional prosody. ..
- Gille C, Leiber A, Mundle I, Spring B, Abele H, Spellerberg B, et al. Phagocytosis and postphagocytic reaction of cord blood and adult blood monocyte after infection with green fluorescent protein-labeled Escherichia coli and group B Streptococci. Cytometry B Clin Cytom. 2009;76:271-84 pubmed publisher..PICD is lower in CBMO during the early stages of monocyte-pathogen interaction. Our results emphasize that monocyte apoptosis has a potential role in tailoring the immune response in neonatal sepsis. ..
- Hanel S, Velavan T, Kremsner P, Kun J. Novel and functional regulatory SNPs in the promoter region of FOXP3 gene in a Gabonese population. Immunogenetics. 2011;63:409-15 pubmed publisher..The identification of SNPs that modify function in the promoter regions could provide a basis for studying parasite susceptibility in association studies...
- Wagner R, Dudziak K, Herzberg Schäfer S, Machicao F, Stefan N, Staiger H, et al. Glucose-raising genetic variants in MADD and ADCY5 impair conversion of proinsulin to insulin. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23639 pubmed publisher..In addition, we confirmed previous findings on the role of a genetic variant in MADD on proinsulin-to-insulin conversion. These effects may also be related to neighboring regions of the genome. ..
- Adam P, Schiefer A, Prill S, Henopp T, Quintanilla Martinez L, Bösmüller H, et al. Incidence of preclinical manifestations of mantle cell lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma in situ in reactive lymphoid tissues. Mod Pathol. 2012;25:1629-36 pubmed publisher..These consisted either of early mantle cell lymphoma with mantle zone growth pattern, or small extranodal accumulations of cyclin D1+ cells, whereas typical mantle cell lymphoma 'in situ' was not detected. ..