Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Marseille, Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur, France
Locale: Marseille, Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur, France
Publications707 found, 100 shown here
- Reboul E, Thap S, Tourniaire F, Andre M, Juhel C, Morange S, et al. Differential effect of dietary antioxidant classes (carotenoids, polyphenols, vitamins C and E) on lutein absorption. Br J Nutr. 2007;97:440-6 pubmed..Taken together, the present results suggest that lutein absorption is not markedly affected by physiological concentrations of vitamins C and E but can be impaired by carotenoids and naringenin ..
- Thalappilly S, Suliman M, Gayet O, Soubeyran P, Hermant A, Lecine P, et al. Identification of multi-SH3 domain-containing protein interactome in pancreatic cancer: a yeast two-hybrid approach. Proteomics. 2008;8:3071-81 pubmed publisher..The identification of such protein complexes is of paramount importance in deciphering pancreatic cancer biology and designing novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- Schwarzinger M, Verger P, Guerville M, Aubry C, Rolland S, Obadia Y, et al. Positive attitudes of French general practitioners towards A/H1N1 influenza-pandemic vaccination: a missed opportunity to increase vaccination uptakes in the general public?. Vaccine. 2010;28:2743-8 pubmed publisher..GPs' involvement in the mass vaccination campaign, which has been neglected by French public health authorities, may have increased uptake rates in the general public. ..
- Bourgeas R, Basse M, Morelli X, Roche P. Atomic analysis of protein-protein interfaces with known inhibitors: the 2P2I database. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9598 pubmed publisher..2P2I database stores structural information about PPIs with known inhibitors and provides a useful tool for biologists to assess the potential druggability of their interfaces. The database can be accessed at http://2p2idb.cnrs-mrs.fr. ..
- Gautret P, Lim P, Shaw M, Leder K. Rabies post-exposure prophylaxis in travellers returning from Bali, Indonesia, November 2008 to March 2010. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011;17:445-7 pubmed publisher..The data demonstrate that the majority of animal-related injuries in travellers returning from Bali are associated with exposure to monkeys, and not dog bites/scratches. The clinical implications of this are discussed...
- Amabile N, Jacquier A, Gaudart J, Sarran A, Shuaib A, Panuel M, et al. Value of a new multiparametric score for prediction of microvascular obstruction lesions in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction revascularized by percutaneous coronary intervention. Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2010;103:512-21 pubmed publisher..60 [1.10-6.60], p=0.03). MO lesions are frequent in PCI-treated STEMI and are associated with larger MIs. MO score accurately predicted MO lesions and identified patients with poor outcome post-STEMI. ..
- Moal V, Gerolami R, Colson P. First human case of co-infection with two different subtypes of hepatitis E virus. Intervirology. 2012;55:484-7 pubmed publisher..The patient presented two viral sequences nearly identical to sequences recovered from figatelli. Autochthonous co-infections with different genotype 3 HEV strains can occur in our geographical area. ..
- Fabre A, Charroux B, Martinez Vinson C, Roquelaure B, Odul E, Sayar E, et al. SKIV2L mutations cause syndromic diarrhea, or trichohepatoenteric syndrome. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;90:689-92 pubmed publisher..Our results show that mutations in genes encoding cofactors of the human Ski complex cause syndromic diarrhea, establishing a link between defects of the human exosome complex and a Mendelian disease. ..
- Crouzin N, Baranger K, Cavalier M, Marchalant Y, Cohen Solal C, Roman F, et al. Area-specific alterations of synaptic plasticity in the 5XFAD mouse model of Alzheimer's disease: dissociation between somatosensory cortex and hippocampus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74667 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cortical plasticity is deficient in the 5xFAD model and that this deficit could be correlated with the proportion of diffuse plaques in 5xFAD mice. ..
- Verkhratsky A, Matteoli M, Parpura V, Mothet J, Zorec R. Astrocytes as secretory cells of the central nervous system: idiosyncrasies of vesicular secretion. EMBO J. 2016;35:239-57 pubmed publisher..We focus on the biogenesis and trafficking of secretory organelles and on the regulation of the exocytotic secretory system in the context of healthy and diseased astrocytes. ..
- Grampa V, Delous M, Zaidan M, Odye G, Thomas S, Elkhartoufi N, et al. Novel NEK8 Mutations Cause Severe Syndromic Renal Cystic Dysplasia through YAP Dysregulation. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005894 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study demonstrates that NEK8 human mutations cause major organ developmental defects due to altered ciliogenesis and cell differentiation/proliferation through deregulation of the Hippo pathway. ..
- Rodríguez Barrueco R, Nekritz E, Bertucci F, Yu J, Sanchez Garcia F, Zeleke T, et al. miR-424(322)/503 is a breast cancer tumor suppressor whose loss promotes resistance to chemotherapy. Genes Dev. 2017;31:553-566 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies reveal miR-424(322)/503 as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer and provide a link between mammary epithelial involution, tumorigenesis, and the phenomenon of chemoresistance. ..
- Le P, Srivastava V, Nguyen T, Pradines B, Madamet M, Mosnier J, et al. Stephanine from Stephania venosa (Blume) Spreng Showed Effective Antiplasmodial and Anticancer Activities, the Latter by Inducing Apoptosis through the Reverse of Mitotic Exit. Phytother Res. 2017;31:1357-1368 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada Phytotherapy Research StartCopTextCopyright © 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Bertrand E, Gerard R. [Comparison of hospital prevalence of rheumatic heart diseases and acute rheumatic arthritis in France and Africa]. Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss. 1993;86:291-5 pubmed..A movement of international cooperation is suggested in order to combat RHD in Africa, especially with regards to its prevention in childhood.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Lacour M, Barthelemy J, Borel L, Magnan J, Xerri C, Chays A, et al. Sensory strategies in human postural control before and after unilateral vestibular neurotomy. Exp Brain Res. 1997;115:300-10 pubmed..Switching strategy by means of a new sensory selection of orientation references may be a fast adaptive response to the lesion-induced postural instability. ..
- Rey F, Bouhamdan M, Navarro J, Agostini I, Willetts K, Bouyac M, et al. A role for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr during infection of peripheral blood mononuclear cells. J Gen Virol. 1998;79 ( Pt 5):1083-7 pubmed..Our data indicate that Vpr is involved in the virus life-cycle during infection of dividing PBMC, presumably as it is during infection of MDMs. ..
- Conrath J, Hadjadj E, Balansard B, Ridings B. Caterpillar setae-induced acute anterior uveitis: a case report. Am J Ophthalmol. 2000;130:841-3 pubmed..To report uveitis secondary to ocular penetration of caterpillar hairs (setae)...
- Quentien M, Manfroid I, Moncet D, Gunz G, Muller M, Grino M, et al. Pitx factors are involved in basal and hormone-regulated activity of the human prolactin promoter. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:44408-16 pubmed..Finally, in situ hybridization analysis showing coexpression of the PRL and Pitx2 genes in rat and human lactotroph cells corroborates the physiological relevance of these results. ..
- Bootsma R, Craig C. Information used in detecting upcoming collision. Perception. 2003;32:525-44 pubmed..We deduce that judgment of upcoming collision is based on the detection of tau and its evolution over time, suggesting that observers are sensitive to delta(tau) rather than to tau itself. ..
- Andre P, Castriconi R, Espeli M, Anfossi N, Juarez T, Hue S, et al. Comparative analysis of human NK cell activation induced by NKG2D and natural cytotoxicity receptors. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:961-71 pubmed..These data thus show that target recognition via NKG2D or NCR triggers all aspects of NK activation, and pave the way for further dissection of the signaling pathways induced by NK cell recognition of ULBP-1 and MICA. ..
- Lepidi H, Fenollar F, Dumler J, Gauduchon V, Chalabreysse L, Bammert A, et al. Cardiac valves in patients with Whipple endocarditis: microbiological, molecular, quantitative histologic, and immunohistochemical studies of 5 patients. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:935-45 pubmed..We report, for the first time, the immunodetection of T. whipplei in a surgically removed arterial embolus. Pathological and immunohistologic analyses may contribute to the diagnosis of Whipple endocarditis...
- Brunel J, Salmi C, Loncle C, Vidal N, Letourneux Y. Squalamine: a polyvalent drug of the future?. Curr Cancer Drug Targets. 2005;5:267-72 pubmed..All these results led to a question: could we consider squalamine as a polyvalent drug of the future? ..
- Genton P, Gelisse P, Crespel A. Lack of efficacy and potential aggravation of myoclonus with lamotrigine in Unverricht-Lundborg disease. Epilepsia. 2006;47:2083-5 pubmed..LTG does not appear to be a sensible treatment option in ULD. ..
- Donnet A, Lanteri Minet M, Guegan Massardier E, Mick G, Fabre N, Geraud G, et al. Chronic cluster headache: a French clinical descriptive study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2007;78:1354-8 pubmed..Primary and secondary chronic CH appear equally prevalent. Male sex does not appear to favour the shift from episodic to chronic CH. ..
- Pham T, van der Heijde D, Pouchot J, Guillemin F. Development and validation of the French ASQoL questionnaire. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2010;28:379-85 pubmed..44) in patients improving and good (SRM 0.68) in patients worsening over the period. These results show equivalence in content and validity of the cross-culturally adapted ASQoL for French speaking settings. ..
- Jacquemier J, Bertucci F, Finetti P, Esterni B, Charafe Jauffret E, Thibult M, et al. High expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in the tumour is associated with medullary features and favourable outcome in basal-like breast carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:96-104 pubmed publisher..0024). In conclusion, high IDO expression is associated with morphological medullary features and has an independent favourable prognostic value in BLBC. ..
- Prebet T, Jean E, Autret A, Charbonnier A, Rey J, Etienne A, et al. Combination of cytarabine and topotecan in patients treated for acute myeloid leukemia with persistent disease after frontline induction. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012;53:2186-91 pubmed publisher..This work shows that the substitution of an anthracycline by topotecan is feasible and associated with significant efficacy for patients with AML with persistent leukemia at day 14 after standard-dose anthracycline induction. ..
- Wehbe M, Soudja S, Mas A, Chasson L, Guinamard R, de Tenbossche C, et al. Epithelial-mesenchymal-transition-like and TGF? pathways associated with autochthonous inflammatory melanoma development in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49419 pubmed publisher..They further suggest that targeting the MAPK pathway within tumor cells will impact tumor-intrinsic oncogenic properties as well as the nature of the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Ebbo M, Grados A, Guedj E, Gobert D, Colavolpe C, Zaidan M, et al. Usefulness of 2-[18F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose-positron emission tomography/computed tomography for staging and evaluation of treatment response in IgG4-related disease: a retrospective multicenter study. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014;66:86-96 pubmed publisher..This large retrospective study shows that FDG-PET/CT imaging is useful for the staging of IgG4-RD. Moreover, FDG-PET/CT is useful to assess the response to treatment during followup. ..
- Lagier J, Lepidi H, Raoult D, Fenollar F. Systemic Tropheryma whipplei: clinical presentation of 142 patients with infections diagnosed or confirmed in a reference center. Medicine (Baltimore). 2010;89:337-45 pubmed publisher..Patients with inflammatory rheumatoid disease must be systematically interviewed to determine the efficacy of previous immunosuppressive and antibiotic therapies...
- Amanzougaghene N, Fenollar F, Sangaré A, Sissoko M, Doumbo O, Raoult D, et al. Detection of bacterial pathogens including potential new species in human head lice from Mali. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184621 pubmed publisher..burnetii, R. aeschlimannii, Anaplasma and Ehrlichia is alarming and highlights the need for active survey programs to define the public health consequences of the detection of these emerging bacterial pathogens in human head lice. ..
- Wagnac E, Aubin C, Chaumoitre K, Mac Thiong J, Ménard A, Petit Y, et al. Substantial vertebral body osteophytes protect against severe vertebral fractures in compression. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186779 pubmed publisher..This study also showed that vertebral body osteophytes provide a protective mechanism to the underlying vertebra against severe compression fractures. ..
- Villard L, Lacombe D, Fontes M. A point mutation in the XNP gene, associated with an ATR-X phenotype without alpha-thalassemia. Eur J Hum Genet. 1996;4:316-20 pubmed..In this paper, we report a mutation in XNP, segregating in a family presenting an "ATR-X' phenotype without alpha-thalassemia, that causes a proline to serine transition in the helicase II domain. ..
- Barthet M, Bouvier M, Pecout C, Berdah S, Viviand X, Mambrini P, et al. Effects of trimebutine on sphincter of Oddi motility in patients with post-cholecystectomy pain. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1998;12:647-52 pubmed..Trimebutine modulates SO motility in various ways depending on the basal SO motility anomaly observed after cholecystectomy. This regulatory effect suggests the existence of encephalinergic control of SO motility. ..
- Barbouche R, Miquelis R, Jones I, Fenouillet E. Protein-disulfide isomerase-mediated reduction of two disulfide bonds of HIV envelope glycoprotein 120 occurs post-CXCR4 binding and is required for fusion. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3131-6 pubmed..Disulfide bond restructuring within Env may constitute the molecular basis of the post-receptor binding conformational changes that induce fusion competence. ..
- Neuzillet Y, Lechevallier E, Ballanger P, Ferriere J, Saussine C, Dore B, et al. [Urinary stones in subjects over the age of sixty]. Prog Urol. 2004;14:479-84 pubmed..Uric stones also appear to be more frequent. A multidisciplinary study based on a larger population is necessary to confirm these results. ..
- Houhamdi L, Parola P, Raoult D. [Lice and lice-borne diseases in humans]. Med Trop (Mars). 2005;65:13-23 pubmed..Recently, a forth human pathogen, Acinetobacter baumannii, has been associated to the body louse. ..
- Foucault C, Brouqui P, Raoult D. Bartonella quintana characteristics and clinical management. Emerg Infect Dis. 2006;12:217-23 pubmed..Recent characterization of its genome allowed the development of modern diagnosis and typing methods. Guidelines for the treatment of B. quintana infections are presented...
- Attarian S, Vedel J, Pouget J, Schmied A. Cortical versus spinal dysfunction in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Muscle Nerve. 2006;33:677-90 pubmed..This result indicates that in ALS as in Kennedy's disease, sprouting of corticospinal axons may occur on surviving motoneurons. A clear relationship exists between the responsiveness of MUs to TMS and their functional state. ..
- Genton P. [Lafora's disease (EPM2)]. Rev Neurol (Paris). 2007;163:47-53 pubmed..The treatment of LD remains purely symptomatic. Drugs that may aggravate myoclonus must be avoided. Psychological and social management is of utmost importance in LD. Death occurs 4 to 10 years after onset in typical forms. ..
- Thuny F, Avierinos J, Tribouilloy C, Giorgi R, Casalta J, Milandre L, et al. Impact of cerebrovascular complications on mortality and neurologic outcome during infective endocarditis: a prospective multicentre study. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:1155-61 pubmed..Valvular surgery can be safely performed after silent CVC or TIA and may improve survival in selected patients with stroke. ..
- Lairon D. Intervention studies on Mediterranean diet and cardiovascular risk. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2007;51:1209-14 pubmed..Among numerous foodstuffs characterizing the Mediterranean diet, virgin olive oil has been shown to display beneficial effects on a wide range of risk factors. ..
- Gould E, Higgs S. Impact of climate change and other factors on emerging arbovirus diseases. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009;103:109-21 pubmed publisher..In this brief review we ask the question, are these diseases emerging because of climate change or do other factors play an equal or even more important role in their emergence? ..
- Berbis P. [Hyaluronan in inflammation, auto-immunity and cardio-vascular diseases]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2010;137 Suppl 1:S40-3 pubmed publisher..Data giving evidence for a role of H in allergic pathways and auto-immunity are scarce. H is implicated in pathogenetic process leading to atherosclerosis. ..
- Barry A, Mege J, Ghigo E. Hijacked phagosomes and leukocyte activation: an intimate relationship. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:373-82 pubmed publisher..Finally, we emphasize the effect of leukocyte activation on the endocytic pathway and on phagolysosome formation, which has not been highlighted to date. ..
- Vallée J, Thaojaikong T, Moore C, Phetsouvanh R, Richards A, Souris M, et al. Contrasting spatial distribution and risk factors for past infection with scrub typhus and murine typhus in Vientiane City, Lao PDR. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e909 pubmed publisher..This study underscores the intense circulation of both scrub and murine typhus in Vientiane city and underlines difference in spatial distribution and risk factors involved in the transmission of these diseases. ..
- Seux M, Peuget S, Montero M, Siret C, Rigot V, Clerc P, et al. TP53INP1 decreases pancreatic cancer cell migration by regulating SPARC expression. Oncogene. 2011;30:3049-61 pubmed publisher..This novel TP53INP1 activity on the regulation of SPARC expression could explain in part its tumor suppressor function in pancreatic adenocarcinoma by modulating cellular spreading during the metastatic process. ..
- Simoncini C, Perrinet L, Montagnini A, Mamassian P, Masson G. More is not always better: adaptive gain control explains dissociation between perception and action. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:1596-603 pubmed publisher..Such opposite dependencies can be explained by an adaptive gain control mechanism in which the divisive normalization pool is adjusted to meet the different constraints of perception and action. ..
- Guillaume F, Tiberghien G. Impact of intention on the ERP correlates of face recognition. Brain Cogn. 2013;81:73-81 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that while both conceptual and perceptual information can contribute to the familiarity signal reflected by the FN400 effect, their relative contributions vary with the task demands. ..
- Mouchnino L, Blouin J. When standing on a moving support, cutaneous inputs provide sufficient information to plan the anticipatory postural adjustments for gait initiation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55081 pubmed publisher..This result highlights the accuracy with which the actual standing position can be determined from foot sole cutaneous cues in the absence of visual and vestibular or proprioceptive inputs. ..
- Li H, Leung K, Wong M, Ballester P. Correcting the impact of docking pose generation error on binding affinity prediction. BMC Bioinformatics. 2016;17:308 pubmed publisher..The resulting machine-learning scoring function is freely available at http://istar.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/rf-score-4.tgz and http://ballester.marseille.inserm.fr/rf-score-4.tgz . ..
- de Vries R, Riley R, Wiebenga A, Aguilar Osorio G, Amillis S, Uchima C, et al. Comparative genomics reveals high biological diversity and specific adaptations in the industrially and medically important fungal genus Aspergillus. Genome Biol. 2017;18:28 pubmed publisher..Insights gained could be exploited for biotechnological and medical applications of fungi. ..
- Faivre Finn C, Snee M, Ashcroft L, Appel W, Barlesi F, Bhatnagar A, et al. Concurrent once-daily versus twice-daily chemoradiotherapy in patients with limited-stage small-cell lung cancer (CONVERT): an open-label, phase 3, randomised, superiority trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1116-1125 pubmed publisher
- Abraini J, Joulia F. Psycho-sensorimotor performance in divers exposed to six and seven atmospheres absolute of compressed air. Eur J Appl Physiol Occup Physiol. 1992;65:84-7 pubmed..Finally, our results supported the ergonomic point of view that the laws limiting occupational diving to 6 ATA (50 m) are better adapted to reality and the requirements of underwater activity...
- Lazard D, Briend Sutren M, Villageois P, Mattei M, Strosberg A, Nahmias C. Molecular characterization and chromosome localization of a human angiotensin II AT2 receptor gene highly expressed in fetal tissues. Receptors Channels. 1994;2:271-80 pubmed..These results indicate that AT2 receptor gene expression is regulated during human embryonic development, and support the hypothesis that AT2 receptors may play a role in organogenesis. ..
- Panagiotou S, Hatzoglou A, Calvo F, Martin P, Castanas E. Modulation of the estrogen-regulated proteins cathepsin D and pS2 by opioid agonists in hormone-sensitive breast cancer cell lines (MCF7 and T47D): evidence for an interaction between the two systems. J Cell Biochem. 1998;71:416-28 pubmed..Opioids may therefore disturb hormonal signals mediated by the estrogen receptors. Hence, these chemicals may have potential endocrine disrupting activities. ..
- Parola P, Vogelaers D, Roure C, Janbon F, Raoult D. Murine typhus in travelers returning from Indonesia. Emerg Infect Dis. 1998;4:677-80 pubmed..We report the first three documented cases of murine typhus imported into Europe from Indonesia, discuss clues for the diagnosis of the disease, and urge that murine fever be considered in the diagnosis of febrile disease in travelers...
- Genton P, Gelisse P, Thomas P, Dravet C. Do carbamazepine and phenytoin aggravate juvenile myoclonic epilepsy?. Neurology. 2000;55:1106-9 pubmed..Aggravation was mostly in the form of increased myoclonic jerks. ..
- Fiore F, Ollendorff V, Birnbaum D. Characterization of the mouse Cblc/Cbl3 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;280:182-7 pubmed..Mouse Cblc mRNA is expressed in embryo and adult tissues and has a rather ubiquitous distribution. ..
- La Scola B, Mallet M, Grimont P, Raoult D. Description of Afipia birgiae sp. nov. and Afipia massiliensis sp. nov. and recognition of Afipia felis genospecies A. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2002;52:1773-82 pubmed..The novel species herein described are fastidious bacteria isolated from a hospital water supply in co-culture with amoebae. It is hypothesized that this group of bacteria are a potential cause of nosocomial infections...
- Albert F, Bergenheim M, Ribot Ciscar E, Roll J. The Ia afferent feedback of a given movement evokes the illusion of the same movement when returned to the subject via muscle tendon vibration. Exp Brain Res. 2006;172:163-74 pubmed..The neural mechanisms possibly underlying the sensory to perceptual transformation are discussed in the general framework of "the neuronal population vector model". ..
- Collet Villette A, Gaudy Marqueste C, Grob J, Richard M. [Carbon dioxide laser therapy for anogenital warts in children]. Ann Dermatol Venereol. 2007;134:829-32 pubmed..Vertical transmission is the most frequent mode of contamination and sexual abuse remains rare, although clinicians must keep this possibility in mind. ..
- Parron C, Da Fonseca D, Santos A, Moore D, Monfardini E, Deruelle C. Recognition of biological motion in children with autistic spectrum disorders. Autism. 2008;12:261-74 pubmed publisher..The results are discussed in the context of a specific deficit in emotion perception in children with autism. ..
- Bakkali N, Fenollar F, Biswas S, Rolain J, Raoult D. Acquired resistance to trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole during Whipple disease and expression of the causative target gene. J Infect Dis. 2008;198:101-8 pubmed publisher..Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole is recommended for treatment of Whipple disease but is associated with treatment failure. T. whipplei is resistant in vitro to trimethoprim, because the gene targeted by this agent is missing...
- Amrani L, Ménard C, Berdah S, Emungania O, Soune P, Subtil C, et al. From iatrogenic digestive perforation to complete anastomotic disunion: endoscopic stenting as a new concept of "stent-guided regeneration and re-epithelialization". Gastrointest Endosc. 2009;69:1282-7 pubmed publisher..quot; Controlled trials are needed before this new endoscopic treatment can be proposed as a substitute for traditional treatments. ..
- Loubiere S, Boyer S, Protopopescu C, Bonono C, Abega S, Spire B, et al. Decentralization of HIV care in Cameroon: increased access to antiretroviral treatment and associated persistent barriers. Health Policy. 2009;92:165-73 pubmed publisher..However, health systems strengthening (HSS) is still needed to overcome some remaining barriers in access to ART and to guarantee its long-term sustainability. ..
- Giusiano S, Baylot V, Andrieu C, Fazli L, Gleave M, Iovanna J, et al. TP53INP1 as new therapeutic target in castration-resistant prostate cancer. Prostate. 2012;72:1286-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TP53INP1 could be considered as a relevant-specific target for molecular therapy of CRPC. ..
- Jouve N, Despoix N, Espeli M, Gauthier L, Cypowyj S, Fallague K, et al. The involvement of CD146 and its novel ligand Galectin-1 in apoptotic regulation of endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2571-9 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results identify Galectin-1 as a novel ligand for CD146 and this interaction protects, in vitro, endothelial cells against apoptosis induced by Galectin-1. ..
- Singh S, Kowalczewska M, Edouard S, Eldin C, Perreal C, Weber P, et al. Cell extract-containing medium for culture of intracellular fastidious bacteria. J Clin Microbiol. 2013;51:2599-607 pubmed publisher..in this medium. The versatility of this medium should encourage its use as a replacement for the cell-based culture systems currently used for growing several facultative and putative intracellular bacterial species. ..
- Berenguier D, Chaouiya C, Monteiro P, Naldi A, Remy E, Thieffry D, et al. Dynamical modeling and analysis of large cellular regulatory networks. Chaos. 2013;23:025114 pubmed publisher..All these methods have been implemented into the software GINsim, which enables the definition, the analysis, and the simulation of logical regulatory graphs. ..
- Saadi H, Reteno D, Colson P, Aherfi S, Minodier P, Pagnier I, et al. Shan virus: a new mimivirus isolated from the stool of a Tunisian patient with pneumonia. Intervirology. 2013;56:424-9 pubmed publisher..The isolation of Shan virus from a patient with pneumonia brings into question the etiological role of this virus and its subsequent release in stool. ..
- Cornec D, Costa S, Devauchelle Pensec V, Jousse Joulin S, Marcorelles P, Berthelot J, et al. Blood and salivary-gland BAFF-driven B-cell hyperactivity is associated to rituximab inefficacy in primary SjÃ¶gren's syndrome. J Autoimmun. 2016;67:102-110 pubmed publisher..In pSS, half of the patients display an intense BAFF-driven B-cell activation and do not respond to a single course of rituximab. ..
- Bakour S, Sankar S, Rathored J, Biagini P, Raoult D, Fournier P. Identification of virulence factors and antibiotic resistance markers using bacterial genomics. Future Microbiol. 2016;11:455-66 pubmed publisher..Here, we review the usefulness of whole-genome sequencing for the detection of virulence and antibiotic resistance associated genes. ..
- Canaani J, Savani B, Labopin M, Michallet M, Craddock C, Socie G, et al. ABO incompatibility in mismatched unrelated donor allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for acute myeloid leukemia: A report from the acute leukemia working party of the EBMT. Am J Hematol. 2017;92:789-796 pubmed publisher..7, 95% CI, 0.5-1; P?=?.049]. ABO incompatibility probably has no significant clinical implications in MMURD transplantation. ..
- Rosnet O, Stephenson D, Mattei M, Marchetto S, Shibuya M, Chapman V, et al. Close physical linkage of the FLT1 and FLT3 genes on chromosome 13 in man and chromosome 5 in mouse. Oncogene. 1993;8:173-9 pubmed..The physical linkage is also evidenced in mouse, where the two genes appear to lie within a 350 kb Mlu I fragment, on mouse chromosome 5. ..
- Grillasca J, Gastaldi M, Khiri H, Dace A, Peyrol N, Reynier P, et al. Cloning and initial characterization of human and mouse Spot 14 genes. FEBS Lett. 1997;401:38-42 pubmed
- Wicker Planquart C, Canaan S, Riviere M, Dupuis L. Site-directed removal of N-glycosylation sites in human gastric lipase. Eur J Biochem. 1999;262:644-51 pubmed..The N-glycosylation of HGL may contribute to the enzyme stability in the stomach, as under acidic conditions the degradation by pepsin of the unglycosylated r-HGL is increased. ..
- Tegoni M, Pelosi P, Vincent F, Spinelli S, Campanacci V, Grolli S, et al. Mammalian odorant binding proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1482:229-40 pubmed..The present knowledge on OBP biochemistry, sequence and structure will be examined here in relation to the different functional hypotheses proposed for OBPs. ..
- Haslin C, Lahaye M, Pellegrini M, Chermann J. In vitro anti-HIV activity of sulfated cell-wall polysaccharides from gametic, carposporic and tetrasporic stages of the Mediterranean red alga Asparagopsis armata. Planta Med. 2001;67:301-5 pubmed..The maximal antiviral effect involves the presence of the polysaccharides after or during infection but not before infection. This time of action suggests an inhibition of an early step of HIV infection. ..
- Tonnelle C, Bardin F, Maroc C, Imbert A, Campa F, Dalloul A, et al. Forced expression of the Ikaros 6 isoform in human placental blood CD34(+) cells impairs their ability to differentiate toward the B-lymphoid lineage. Blood. 2001;98:2673-80 pubmed
- Heymann R, About I, Lendahl U, Franquin J, Obrink B, Mitsiadis T. E- and N-cadherin distribution in developing and functional human teeth under normal and pathological conditions. Am J Pathol. 2002;160:2123-33 pubmed
- Gallian P, Biagini P, Attoui H, Cantaloube J, Dussol B, Berland Y, et al. High genetic diversity revealed by the study of TLMV infection in French hemodialysis patients. J Med Virol. 2002;67:630-5 pubmed..5%). These data suggest that TLMV viral load is possibly related to the level of immunocompetence of hemodialysis patients; the genetic diversity of TLMV is extremely high; and co-infection by different strains is possible. ..
- Capo C, Amirayan Chevillard N, Brouqui P, Raoult D, Mege J. Bartonella quintana bacteremia and overproduction of interleukin-10: model of bacterial persistence in homeless people. J Infect Dis. 2003;187:837-44 pubmed..The overproduction of IL-10 and attenuated inflammatory response may account for the persistence of B. quintana in homeless people...