Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Nice, Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur, France
Locale: Nice, Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur, France
Publications233 found, 100 shown here
- Ginouves A, Ilc K, Macías N, Pouyssegur J, Berra E. PHDs overactivation during chronic hypoxia "desensitizes" HIFalpha and protects cells from necrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:4745-50 pubmed publisher..Hence, PHDs serve as dual enzymes, for which inactivation and later overactivation is necessary for cell survival in acute or chronic hypoxia, respectively. ..
- Bertola A, Deveaux V, Bonnafous S, Rousseau D, Anty R, Wakkach A, et al. Elevated expression of osteopontin may be related to adipose tissue macrophage accumulation and liver steatosis in morbid obesity. Diabetes. 2009;58:125-33 pubmed publisher..In contrast, hepatic OPN and CD44 expressions were related to insulin resistance and steatosis, suggesting their local implication in the progression of liver injury. ..
- Mimouna S, Gonçalvès D, Barnich N, Darfeuille Michaud A, Hofman P, Vouret Craviari V. Crohn disease-associated Escherichia coli promote gastrointestinal inflammatory disorders by activation of HIF-dependent responses. Gut Microbes. 2011;2:335-46 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the crucial role of AIEC bacteria as promoter of inflammatory disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and provides clear evidence that HIF-1? protein plays a major role in mediating this effect. ..
- Verron E, Loubat A, Carle G, Vignes Colombeix C, Strazic I, Guicheux J, et al. Molecular effects of gallium on osteoclastic differentiation of mouse and human monocytes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;83:671-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, our results strongly suggest that the TRPV-5 calcium channel, which is located within the plasma membrane, is a target of Ga action on human osteoclast progenitor cells. ..
- Kiani J, Rassoulzadegan M. A load of small RNAs in the sperm - how many bits of hereditary information?. Cell Res. 2013;23:18-9 pubmed publisher..The finding of these short fragments of tRNA in the sperm raises once again the question of the possible function(s) of such a miniaturized form of information carried by the spermatozoon. ..
- Jacquillet G, Barbier O, Rubera I, Tauc M, Borderie A, Namorado M, et al. Cadmium causes delayed effects on renal function in the offspring of cadmium-contaminated pregnant female rats. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;293:F1450-60 pubmed..In conclusion, in utero exposure of cadmium leads to toxic renal effects in adult offspring. These results suggest that contamination of pregnant rats is a serious and critical hazard for renal function of their offspring. ..
- Chiche J, Ilc K, Laferriere J, Trottier E, Dayan F, Mazure N, et al. Hypoxia-inducible carbonic anhydrase IX and XII promote tumor cell growth by counteracting acidosis through the regulation of the intracellular pH. Cancer Res. 2009;69:358-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, hypoxia-induced CAIX and CAXII are major tumor prosurvival pH(i)-regulating enzymes, and their combined targeting shows that they hold potential as anticancer targets. ..
- Pages G, Stanley E, Le Gall M, Brunet A, Pouyssegur J. The mouse p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) gene. Genomic organization and structure of the 5'-flanking regulatory region. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:26986-92 pubmed..This result implicates a major role of this region that contains the Sp1 sites.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Thoreux K, Balas D, Bouley C, Senegas Balas F. Diet supplemented with yoghurt or milk fermented by Lactobacillus casei DN-114 001 stimulates growth and brush-border enzyme activities in mouse small intestine. Digestion. 1998;59:349-59 pubmed..Our findings suggest that diets supplemented with fermented milks have a positive effect on the trophicity of the mucosa in the small intestine of mice. ..
- Vinals F, Pouyssegur J. Confluence of vascular endothelial cells induces cell cycle exit by inhibiting p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2763-72 pubmed..Therefore, inhibition of p42/p44 MAPK activation by cell-cell contact is a critical step initiating cell cycle exit in vascular endothelial cells. ..
- Ferrigno O, Virolle T, Djabari Z, Ortonne J, White R, Aberdam D. Transposable B2 SINE elements can provide mobile RNA polymerase II promoters. Nat Genet. 2001;28:77-81 pubmed..This mechanism may have allowed the evolution of new transcription units and new genes. ..
- Foucault I, Liu Y, Bernard A, Deckert M. The chaperone protein 14-3-3 interacts with 3BP2/SH3BP2 and regulates its adapter function. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7146-53 pubmed..Indeed, a 3BP2 mutant protein incapable of binding 14-3-3 showed increased capacity to stimulate NFAT transcriptional activities, suggesting that 14-3-3 binding to 3BP2 negatively regulates 3BP2 adapter function in lymphocytes. ..
- Rezzonico R, Cayatte C, Bourget Ponzio I, Romey G, Belhacene N, Loubat A, et al. Focal adhesion kinase pp125FAK interacts with the large conductance calcium-activated hSlo potassium channel in human osteoblasts: potential role in mechanotransduction. J Bone Miner Res. 2003;18:1863-71 pubmed..Based on these data, we propose that BK channels might play a triggering role in the signaling cascade induced by mechanical strains in osteoblasts. ..
- Goudenege S, Pisani D, Wdziekonski B, Di Santo J, Bagnis C, Dani C, et al. Enhancement of myogenic and muscle repair capacities of human adipose-derived stem cells with forced expression of MyoD. Mol Ther. 2009;17:1064-72 pubmed publisher..Altogether our results highlight the capacity of modified hMADS cells to contribute to muscle repair and their potential to deliver a repairing gene to dystrophic muscles. ..
- Ben Sahra I, Le Marchand Brustel Y, Tanti J, Bost F. Metformin in cancer therapy: a new perspective for an old antidiabetic drug?. Mol Cancer Ther. 2010;9:1092-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, metformin activates the AMP activated protein kinase (AMPK) pathway, a major sensor of the energetic status of the cell, which has been proposed as a promising therapeutic target in cancer. ..
- Avella M, Loriol C, Boulukos K, Borgese F, Ehrenfeld J. SLC26A9 stimulates CFTR expression and function in human bronchial cell lines. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:212-23 pubmed publisher..We propose as an alternative hypothesis (not exclusive) to the known SLC26A9-STAS domain/CFTR interaction, that SLC26A9 favors the biogenesis and/or stabilization of CFTR, leading to stimulated currents. ..
- Tomic T, Botton T, Cerezo M, Robert G, Luciano F, Puissant A, et al. Metformin inhibits melanoma development through autophagy and apoptosis mechanisms. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e199 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that metformin has an important impact on melanoma growth, and may therefore be beneficial in patients with melanoma. ..
- O Neill I. Concise review: transmissible animal tumors as models of the cancer stem-cell process. Stem Cells. 2011;29:1909-14 pubmed publisher..Additionally, they may provide valuable models for future studies of their analogous human cancers, including any putative CSC component. ..
- Guerin O, Etienne Grimaldi M, Monteverde M, Sudaka A, Brunstein M, Formento P, et al. Contrasted effects of the multitarget TKi vandetanib on docetaxel-sensitive and docetaxel-resistant prostate cancer cell lines. Urol Oncol. 2013;31:1567-75 pubmed publisher..The use of high-dose vandetanib alone may warrant further investigation in patients with docetaxel-resistant AIPC overexpressing VEGFR/EGFR pathways. ..
- Raffort J, Lareyre F, Clement M, Mallat Z. Micro-RNAs in abdominal aortic aneurysms: insights from animal models and relevance to human disease. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;110:165-77 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the roles and implications of miRs in animal models and their relevance to human AAA. ..
- Deckert M, Kubar J, Zoccola D, Bernard Pomier G, Angelisova P, Horejsi V, et al. CD59 molecule: a second ligand for CD2 in T cell adhesion. Eur J Immunol. 1992;22:2943-7 pubmed..Furthermore, the binding of CD59 molecules to resting T cells induced expression of CD2R epitopes. These results directly show that CD2 binds CD59 and that subtle molecular changes occur upon binding. ..
- Sardet C, Counillon L, Franchi A, Pouyssegur J. Growth factors induce phosphorylation of the Na+/H+ antiporter, glycoprotein of 110 kD. Science. 1990;247:723-6 pubmed
- Leroy P, Dessolin S, Villageois P, Moon B, Friedman J, Ailhaud G, et al. Expression of ob gene in adipose cells. Regulation by insulin. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:2365-8 pubmed..The level of secreted Ob protein is also regulated by insulin. These results indicate that the ob gene is expressed in mature fat cells only and support the possibility that insulin is an important regulator of ob gene expression. ..
- Mothe Satney I, Gautier N, Hinault C, Lawrence J, Van Obberghen E. In rat hepatocytes glucagon increases mammalian target of rapamycin phosphorylation on serine 2448 but antagonizes the phosphorylation of its downstream targets induced by insulin and amino acids. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:42628-37 pubmed..This finding suggests that phosphorylation of this site might not be sufficient for mTOR kinase activity but is likely to be involved in other functions. ..
- Vidal V, Chaboissier M, Lützkendorf S, Cotsarelis G, Mill P, Hui C, et al. Sox9 is essential for outer root sheath differentiation and the formation of the hair stem cell compartment. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1340-51 pubmed..Our genetic analysis places Sox9 in a molecular cascade downstream of sonic hedgehog and suggests that this gene is involved in basal cell carcinoma. ..
- Mari M, Monzo P, Kaddai V, Keslair F, Gonzalez T, Le Marchand Brustel Y, et al. The Rab4 effector Rabip4 plays a role in the endocytotic trafficking of Glut 4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1297-306 pubmed..These observations suggest that the uncoupling between Rabip4 and Rab4 induces the insertion of Glut 4 molecules that are unable to transport glucose into the plasma membrane. ..
- Blin Wakkach C, Wakkach A, Quincey D, Carle G. Interleukin-7 partially rescues B-lymphopoiesis in osteopetrotic oc/oc mice through the engagement of B220+ CD11b+ progenitors. Exp Hematol. 2006;34:851-9 pubmed..Among the possible factors, interleukin (IL)-7 is involved in the control of B lymphopoiesis and osteoclastogenesis. Therefore, we hypothesized that IL-7 could regulate the accumulation of the B220+ CD11b+ population in oc/oc mice...
- Gimond C, Marchetti S, Pages G. Differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells into endothelial cells: genetic selection and potential use in vivo. Methods Mol Biol. 2006;330:303-29 pubmed
- Cousin W, Dani C, Peraldi P. Inhibition of the anti-adipogenic Hedgehog signaling pathway by cyclopamine does not trigger adipocyte differentiation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:799-803 pubmed..This suggests that Hedgehog signaling is an inadequate pharmacological target for patient suffering from syndromes associated with a decrease in fat mass, such as the ones observed in lipodystrophies. ..
- Bozec A, Formento P, Lassalle S, Lippens C, Hofman P, Milano G. Dual inhibition of EGFR and VEGFR pathways in combination with irradiation: antitumour supra-additive effects on human head and neck cancer xenografts. Br J Cancer. 2007;97:65-72 pubmed..This observation could help to explain the supra-additive antitumour effect produced by this combination and could provide a basis for future innovative clinical trials. ..
- Ségalen C, Longnus S, Baetz D, Counillon L, Van Obberghen E. 5-aminoimidazole-4-carboxamide-1-beta-D-ribofuranoside reduces glucose uptake via the inhibition of Na+/H+ exchanger 1 in isolated rat ventricular cardiomyocytes. Endocrinology. 2008;149:1490-8 pubmed publisher..Importantly, AICAR exerts these effects in a manner independent of AMPK activation. ..
- Vigne P, Tauc M, Frelin C. Strong dietary restrictions protect Drosophila against anoxia/reoxygenation injuries. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5422 pubmed publisher..AMP kinase and the insulin signalling pathway are possible mediators of diet dependent anoxic tolerance in Drosophila. ..
- Pisani D, Dechesne C, Sacconi S, Delplace S, Belmonte N, Cochet O, et al. Isolation of a highly myogenic CD34-negative subset of human skeletal muscle cells free of adipogenic potential. Stem Cells. 2010;28:753-64 pubmed publisher..The simple CD34 sorting allows isolation of myogenic cells with no adipogenic potential and therefore could be of high interest for cell therapy when fat is accumulated in diseased muscle. ..
- Hofman P, Vouret Craviari V. Microbes-induced EMT at the crossroad of inflammation and cancer. Gut Microbes. 2012;3:176-85 pubmed publisher..A unifying EMT model then emerges that may help in understanding the development of microbial pathogenesis and in defining new potential future therapeutic strategy in treating diseases linked to infections. ..
- Belhacene N, Gamas P, Gonçalvès D, Jacquin M, Beneteau M, Jacquel A, et al. Severe thymic atrophy in a mouse model of skin inflammation accounts for impaired TNFR1 signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47321 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we conclude that chronic inflammation can induce thymic atrophy and perturb spleen homeostasis in Lyn?N mice through the increased production of TNF?, LTß and TNFR1 signaling. ..
- Beneteau M, Zunino B, Jacquin M, Meynet O, Chiche J, Pradelli L, et al. Combination of glycolysis inhibition with chemotherapy results in an antitumor immune response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20071-6 pubmed publisher..These data identify that the targeting of glycolysis can convert conventional tolerogenic cancer cell death stimuli into immunogenic ones, thus creating new strategies for immunogenic chemotherapy. ..
- Alfano C, Studer M. Neocortical arealization: evolution, mechanisms, and open questions. Dev Neurobiol. 2013;73:411-47 pubmed publisher..Then, we will focus our attention on some open issues, which are still unresolved, and discuss some recent studies that might open new directions to be explored in the next few years. ..
- Rubera I, Duranton C, Melis N, Cougnon M, Mograbi B, Tauc M. Role of CFTR in oxidative stress and suicidal death of renal cells during cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e817 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the use of a specific inhibitor of CFTR may represent a novel therapeutic approach in the prevention of nephrotoxic side effects during cisplatin treatment without affecting its antitumor efficacy...
- Bjordal M, Arquier N, Kniazeff J, Pin J, Leopold P. Sensing of amino acids in a dopaminergic circuitry promotes rejection of an incomplete diet in Drosophila. Cell. 2014;156:510-21 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data identify a central amino-acid-sensing mechanism operating in specific DA neurons and controlling food intake. ..
- Merigo E, Bouvet Gerbettaz S, Boukhechba F, Rocca J, Fornaini C, Rochet N. Green laser light irradiation enhances differentiation and matrix mineralization of osteogenic cells. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2016;155:130-6 pubmed publisher..These preliminary results could be used as a basis to further investigate the effect of this KTP laser protocol on bone tissue engineering models in vivo and in vitro. ..
- Lalli E, Barhanin J, Zennaro M, Warth R. Local Control of Aldosterone Production and Primary Aldosteronism. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2016;27:123-131 pubmed publisher..However, recent data show that the processes of nodule formation and aldosterone hypersecretion can be dissociated in pathological adrenals and suggest a model envisaging different molecular events for the pathogenesis of APA. ..
- Szepetowski P, Simon M, Grosgeorge J, Huebner K, Bastard C, Evans G, et al. Localization of 11q13 loci with respect to regional chromosomal breakpoints. Genomics. 1992;12:738-44 pubmed
- Giordanengo V, Bannwarth S, Laffont C, Van Miegem V, Harduin Lepers A, Delannoy P, et al. Cloning and expression of cDNA for a human Gal(beta1-3)GalNAc alpha2,3-sialyltransferase from the CEM T-cell line. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:558-66 pubmed
- Gual P, Baron V, Lequoy V, Van Obberghen E. Interaction of Janus kinases JAK-1 and JAK-2 with the insulin receptor and the insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor. Endocrinology. 1998;139:884-93 pubmed
- Pages G, Guerin S, Grall D, Bonino F, Smith A, Anjuere F, et al. Defective thymocyte maturation in p44 MAP kinase (Erk 1) knockout mice. Science. 1999;286:1374-7 pubmed..The p44 MAPK apparently has a specific role in thymocyte development. ..
- Scimeca J, Franchi A, Trojani C, Parrinello H, Grosgeorge J, Robert C, et al. The gene encoding the mouse homologue of the human osteoclast-specific 116-kDa V-ATPase subunit bears a deletion in osteosclerotic (oc/oc) mutants. Bone. 2000;26:207-13 pubmed
- Khaled M, Larribere L, Bille K, Ortonne J, Ballotti R, Bertolotto C. Microphthalmia associated transcription factor is a target of the phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase pathway. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:831-6 pubmed
- Trojani C, Boukhechba F, Scimeca J, Vandenbos F, Michiels J, Daculsi G, et al. Ectopic bone formation using an injectable biphasic calcium phosphate/Si-HPMC hydrogel composite loaded with undifferentiated bone marrow stromal cells. Biomaterials. 2006;27:3256-64 pubmed..It also provides with an original in vivo model of osteoclast differentiation and function. ..
- Boulter E, Grall D, Cagnol S, Van Obberghen Schilling E. Regulation of cell-matrix adhesion dynamics and Rac-1 by integrin linked kinase. FASEB J. 2006;20:1489-91 pubmed..However, expression of constitutively active Rac only partially restores the spreading defects of ILK-depleted cells, suggesting that an additional ILK-dependent signal is required for cell spreading. ..
- Richier S, Sabourault C, Courtiade J, Zucchini N, Allemand D, Furla P. Oxidative stress and apoptotic events during thermal stress in the symbiotic sea anemone, Anemonia viridis. FEBS J. 2006;273:4186-98 pubmed..We provide evidence of oxidative stress followed by induction of caspase-like activity in animal host cells after an elevated temperature stress, suggesting the concomitant action of these components in bleaching...
- Trastour C, Benizri E, Ettore F, Ramaioli A, Chamorey E, Pouyssegur J, et al. HIF-1alpha and CA IX staining in invasive breast carcinomas: prognosis and treatment outcome. Int J Cancer. 2007;120:1451-8 pubmed..CA IX is, however, a weaker prognostic and predictive factor than HIF-1alpha, and its association with HIF-1alpha does not modify the survival curve neither response to therapy, compared to HIF-1alpha alone. ..
- Pierson P, Peteri Brünback B, Pisani D, Abbracchio M, Mienville J, Rosso L. A(2b) receptor mediates adenosine inhibition of taurine efflux from pituicytes. Biol Cell. 2007;99:445-54 pubmed..They point to a possible modulation of neurohypophysial hormone output by endogenous adenosine released in either physiological or pathological situations. ..
- Hugues S, Garcia R. Reorganization of learning-associated prefrontal synaptic plasticity between the recall of recent and remote fear extinction memory. Learn Mem. 2007;14:520-4 pubmed..This late potentiation process may be required for the recall of remote extinction memory. ..
- Pumir A, Graves J, Ranganathan R, Shraiman B. Systems analysis of the single photon response in invertebrate photoreceptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10354-9 pubmed publisher..The system-level analysis enabled by modeling phototransduction provides a foundation for understanding G protein signaling pathways less amenable to quantitative approaches. ..
- Layalle S, Arquier N, Leopold P. The TOR pathway couples nutrition and developmental timing in Drosophila. Dev Cell. 2008;15:568-77 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the PG uses TOR signaling to couple nutritional input with ecdysone production and developmental timing. ..
- Charlier L, Antonczak S, Jacquin Joly E, Cabrol Bass D, Golebiowski J. Deciphering the selectivity of Bombyx mori pheromone binding protein for bombykol over bombykal: a theoretical approach. Chemphyschem. 2008;9:2785-93 pubmed publisher..A discussion on the role of Bombyx mori pheromone binding protein is provided on the basis of these results. ..
- Lefloch R, Pouyssegur J, Lenormand P. Total ERK1/2 activity regulates cell proliferation. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:705-11 pubmed..After integrating signals from Ras, Raf and MEK isoforms, ERK1 and ERK2 regulate positively cell proliferation according to their expression levels. ..
- Stanchi F, Grashoff C, Nguemeni Yonga C, Grall D, Fassler R, Van Obberghen Schilling E. Molecular dissection of the ILK-PINCH-parvin triad reveals a fundamental role for the ILK kinase domain in the late stages of focal-adhesion maturation. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:1800-11 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which the C-terminal domain of ILK promotes integrin sorting by reinforcing alpha5beta1-integrin-actin linkage and controls force transmission by targeting tensin to maturing adhesions. ..
- Lavery R, Chassot A, Pauper E, Gregoire E, Klopfenstein M, de Rooij D, et al. Testicular differentiation occurs in absence of R-spondin1 and Sox9 in mouse sex reversals. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003170 pubmed publisher..The dogma that considers female differentiation as a default pathway therefore needs to be definitively revised. ..
- Monot C, Kuciak M, Viollet S, Mir A, Gabus C, Darlix J, et al. The specificity and flexibility of l1 reverse transcription priming at imperfect T-tracts. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003499 pubmed publisher..Based on these data we propose that the specificity of L1 reverse transcription initiation contributes, together with the specificity of the initial EN cleavage, to the distribution of new L1 insertions within the human genome. ..
- Goguet Surmenian E, Richard Fiardo P, Guillemot E, Benchetrit M, Gomez Brouchet A, Buzzo P, et al. CXCR7-mediated progression of osteosarcoma in the lungs. Br J Cancer. 2013;109:1579-85 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we highlight that synthetic CXCR7 ligands could represent a powerful therapeutic tool to impede lung OS progression. ..
- Fareh M, Almairac F, Turchi L, Burel Vandenbos F, Paquis P, Fontaine D, et al. Cell-based therapy using miR-302-367 expressing cells represses glioblastoma growth. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2713 pubmed publisher..Orthotopic xenograft of miR-302-367-expressing cells together with glioblastoma stem-like cells efficiently altered the tumor development in mice brain...
- Hainaut P, Kowalski A, Giorgetti S, Baron V, Van Obberghen E. Insulin and insulin-like-growth-factor-I (IGF-I) receptors in Xenopus laevis oocytes. Comparison with insulin receptors from liver and muscle. Biochem J. 1991;273 ( Pt 3):673-8 pubmed..In the different tissues, the two receptor subtypes differed at least by their beta-subunit C-terminal region. ..
- Botella J, Duc I, Delansorne R, Paris J, Lahlou B. Structure-activity and structure-affinity relationships of 19-nor-progesterone derivatives in rat uterus. J Endocrinol Invest. 1990;13:905-10 pubmed..The same conclusion holds if P is considered as the parent compound, as already stated in the literature. ..
- Aberdam D, Galliano M, Mattei M, Ortonne J, Meneguzzi G. S-laminin gene (Lams) maps to F1 band of mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:393-4 pubmed
- Cormont M, Tanti J, Zahraoui A, Van Obberghen E, Tavitian A, Le Marchand Brustel Y. Insulin and okadaic acid induce Rab4 redistribution in adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:19491-7 pubmed
- Miranda C, Greco A, Miele C, Pierotti M, Van Obberghen E. IRS-1 and IRS-2 are recruited by TrkA receptor and oncogenic TRK-T1. J Cell Physiol. 2001;186:35-46 pubmed..On the whole, our results suggest that IRS-1 and IRS-2 could be substrates of TRK-T1 and TrkA, and hence could participate in their signal generation. ..
- Bost F, Caron L, Marchetti I, Dani C, Le Marchand Brustel Y, Binétruy B. Retinoic acid activation of the ERK pathway is required for embryonic stem cell commitment into the adipocyte lineage. Biochem J. 2002;361:621-7 pubmed
- Marchetti S, Gimond C, Iljin K, Bourcier C, Alitalo K, Pouyssegur J, et al. Endothelial cells genetically selected from differentiating mouse embryonic stem cells incorporate at sites of neovascularization in vivo. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:2075-85 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that application of endothelial lineage selection to differentiating ES cells may become a useful approach for future pro-angiogenic and endothelial cell replacement therapies. ..
- Guizouarn H, Martial S, Gabillat N, Borgese F. Point mutations involved in red cell stomatocytosis convert the electroneutral anion exchanger 1 to a nonselective cation conductance. Blood. 2007;110:2158-65 pubmed..These data shed new light on transport mechanisms showing the tiny difference, in terms of primary sequence, between an electroneutral exchange and a conductive pathway. ..
- Monteiro M, Wdziekonski B, Villageois P, Vernochet C, Iehle C, Billon N, et al. Commitment of mouse embryonic stem cells to the adipocyte lineage requires retinoic acid receptor beta and active GSK3. Stem Cells Dev. 2009;18:457-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that although RARbeta and active GSK3 are required for RA-induced adipogenesis, they might be acting through a Wnt pathway-independent mechanism. ..
- Loriol C, Dulong S, Avella M, Gabillat N, Boulukos K, Borgese F, et al. Characterization of SLC26A9, facilitation of Cl(-) transport by bicarbonate. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2008;22:15-30 pubmed publisher..SLC26A9 physiological role in airway epithelia and its potential interaction with CFTR remain to be elucidated. ..
- Teboul M, Grechez Cassiau A, Guillaumond F, Delaunay F. How nuclear receptors tell time. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2009;107:1965-71 pubmed publisher..These findings together establish nuclear hormone receptor signaling as an integral part of the circadian timing system. ..
- Cheli Y, Giuliano S, Guiliano S, Botton T, Rocchi S, Hofman V, et al. Mitf is the key molecular switch between mouse or human melanoma initiating cells and their differentiated progeny. Oncogene. 2011;30:2307-18 pubmed publisher..Taken together our data, identified Mitf and p27 as the key molecular switches that control the transition between MICs and their differentiated progeny. Eradication of low-Mitf cells might be an appealing strategy to cure melanoma. ..
- Mansour A, Anginot A, Mancini S, Schiff C, Carle G, Wakkach A, et al. Osteoclast activity modulates B-cell development in the bone marrow. Cell Res. 2011;21:1102-15 pubmed publisher..They provide novel basis for the regulation of the retention of B cells in their niche by OCL activity. ..
- Kiani J, Grandjean V, Liebers R, Tuorto F, Ghanbarian H, Lyko F, et al. RNA-mediated epigenetic heredity requires the cytosine methyltransferase Dnmt2. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003498 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings uncover a novel function of Dnmt2 in RNA-mediated epigenetic heredity. ..
- Parks S, Cormerais Y, Marchiq I, Pouyssegur J. Hypoxia optimises tumour growth by controlling nutrient import and acidic metabolite export. Mol Aspects Med. 2016;47-48:3-14 pubmed publisher..Current research indicates that combined targeting of these HIF-regulated membrane proteins in tumour cells will provide promising therapeutic strategies in the future. ..
- Vieira C, Thomas O, Culioli G, Genta Jouve G, Houlbrèque F, Gaubert J, et al. Allelopathic interactions between the brown algal genus Lobophora (Dictyotales, Phaeophyceae) and scleractinian corals. Sci Rep. 2016;6:18637 pubmed publisher..rarely bleached their coral hosts. These findings are important toward our understanding of the importance of allelopathy versus other processes such as herbivory in the interaction between macroalgae and corals in reef ecosystems. ..
- Zingue S, Michel T, Tchatchou J, Chantal Beatrice Magne N, Winter E, Monchot A, et al. Estrogenic effects of Ficus umbellata Vahl. (Moraceae) extracts and their ability to alleviate some menopausal symptoms induced by ovariectomy in Wistar rats. J Ethnopharmacol. 2016;179:332-44 pubmed publisher..These aforementioned results suggest that F. umbellata extracts as used by the traditional practitioner have estrogen-like effects and may alleviate some menopausal problems such as vaginal dryness and hot flushes. ..
- Nicolas S, Blasco Baque V, Fournel A, Gilleron J, Klopp P, Waget A, et al. Transfer of dysbiotic gut microbiota has beneficial effects on host liver metabolism. Mol Syst Biol. 2017;13:921 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a new perspective on gut microbiota dysbiosis, potentially useful to better understand the aetiology of metabolic diseases. ..
- Chypre M, Madel M, Chaloin O, Blin Wakkach C, Morice C, Mueller C. Porphyrin Derivatives Inhibit the Interaction between Receptor Activator of NF-?B and Its Ligand. ChemMedChem. 2017;12:1697-1702 pubmed publisher..This discovery of a family of small molecules that inhibit RANK activation presents an initial basis for further development of nonpeptidic therapeutic agents targeting the interaction between RANK and RANKL. ..
- Amri E, Bonino F, Ailhaud G, Abumrad N, Grimaldi P. Cloning of a protein that mediates transcriptional effects of fatty acids in preadipocytes. Homology to peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:2367-71 pubmed..Transcriptional induction of these genes exhibited inducer specificity identical to that described in preadipocytes. In summary, the data indicate that FAAR is likely a mediator of fatty acid transcriptional effects in preadipocytes. ..
- Cormont M, Tanti J, Zahraoui A, Van Obberghen E, Le Marchand Brustel Y. Rab4 is phosphorylated by the insulin-activated extracellular-signal-regulated kinase ERK1. Eur J Biochem. 1994;219:1081-5 pubmed..These results indicate that Rab4 is an in vitro substrate for ERK, and suggest that the insulin-induced movement of Rab4 from the Glut-4-containing vesicles to the cytosol could result from phosphorylation of Rab4 by ERK. ..
- Ibrahimi A, Bertrand B, Bardon S, Amri E, Grimaldi P, Ailhaud G, et al. Cloning of alpha 2 chain of type VI collagen and expression during mouse development. Biochem J. 1993;289 ( Pt 1):141-7 pubmed..These results indicate that A2COL6 gene expression is a marker of the preadipose state, but may also be a marker of other differentiation programmes such as that of muscle. ..
- Lenormand P, Brondello J, Brunet A, Pouyssegur J. Growth factor-induced p42/p44 MAPK nuclear translocation and retention requires both MAPK activation and neosynthesis of nuclear anchoring proteins. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:625-33 pubmed..We therefore conclude that the MAPK nuclear translocation requires both activation of the p42/p44 MAPK module and neosynthesis of short-lived proteins that we postulate to be nuclear anchors. ..
- Fernandes M, Lespinasse F, Rotomondo F, Poirier C, Guenet J, Gaudray P, et al. Comparative mapping of two adjacent regions of MMU19 with their human counterpart on HSA11q13. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;81:237-46 pubmed..5-Mb region. Strikingly, the 0.5-Mb region has a similar size in human but gene order is shuffled. The overall comparative map shows that these two regions are inverted on MMU19 when compared with HSA11q13. ..
- Richard D, Berra E, Gothié E, Roux D, Pouyssegur J. p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinases phosphorylate hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha (HIF-1alpha) and enhance the transcriptional activity of HIF-1. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32631-7 pubmed..This interaction between HIF-1alpha and p42/p44 MAPK suggests a cooperation between hypoxic and growth factor signals that ultimately leads to the increase in HIF-1-mediated gene expression. ..