Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Marseille, Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur, France
Locale: Marseille, Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur, France
Publications633 found, 100 shown here
- Gregoire C, Cognet C, Chasson L, Coupet C, Dalod M, Reboldi A, et al. Intrasplenic trafficking of natural killer cells is redirected by chemokines upon inflammation. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:2076-84 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon ensures the segregation of NK cells outside of the white pulp and might contribute to the control of immunopathology. ..
- Khazipov R, Tyzio R, Ben Ari Y. Effects of oxytocin on GABA signalling in the foetal brain during delivery. Prog Brain Res. 2008;170:243-57 pubmed publisher..Neuronal death caused by anoxic-aglycaemic episodes was substantially delayed in the foetal hippocampus by endogenous OXT. These findings suggest that OXT plays important role in the preparation of the foetal brain to delivery. ..
- Grand J, Bureau S. Structural characteristics of the soft palate and meatus nasopharyngeus in brachycephalic and non-brachycephalic dogs analysed by CT. J Small Anim Pract. 2011;52:232-9 pubmed publisher..These results support the thickening of the soft palate as a component of severe brachycephalic airway syndrome. Further studies are required to confirm the association between this anatomical characteristic and functional impairment. ..
- Vasseur S, Afzal S, Tomasini R, Guillaumond F, Tardivel Lacombe J, Mak T, et al. Consequences of DJ-1 upregulation following p53 loss and cell transformation. Oncogene. 2012;31:664-70 pubmed publisher..Importantly, our study highlights that during transformation, DJ-1 is having a key role in the p53-regulated AKT pathway and p53-driven oxidative-stress response. ..
- Mones S, Bordignon B, Fontes M. Connexin 32 is involved in mitosis. Glia. 2012;60:457-64 pubmed publisher..This new function for Cx32 was recently confirmed by results from the Mitocheck program. Locomotor impediment was seen in the behavior of these animals, the severity of which correlated with transgene copy number and RNA expression. ..
- Angelakis E, Diatta G, Abdissa A, Trape J, Mediannikov O, Richet H, et al. Altitude-dependent Bartonella quintana genotype C in head lice, Ethiopia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:2357-9 pubmed publisher..B. quintana was found in 19 (7%) genotype C head lice and in 76 (18%) genotype A body lice. B. quintana in head lice was positively linked to altitude (p = 0.014)...
- Francou A, Saint Michel E, Mesbah K, Théveniau Ruissy M, Rana M, Christoffels V, et al. Second heart field cardiac progenitor cells in the early mouse embryo. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1833:795-8 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Cardiomyocyte Biology: Cardiac Pathways of Differentiation, Metabolism and Contraction. ..
- Brisbarre N, Plumet S, de Micco P, Leparc Goffart I, Emonet S. Toscana virus inhibits the interferon beta response in cell cultures. Virology. 2013;442:189-94 pubmed publisher..In addition to showing that TOSV can inhibit the IFN-? response, these findings suggest that anti-IFN capability is maintained by regular contact with that of a mammalian host. ..
- Dalod M, Chelbi R, Malissen B, Lawrence T. Dendritic cell maturation: functional specialization through signaling specificity and transcriptional programming. EMBO J. 2014;33:1104-16 pubmed publisher..In particular, we will highlight the common and distinctive genes and signaling pathways that are associated with the functional maturation of DC subsets. ..
- Quarello E, Lacoste R, Mancini J, Melot Dusseau S, Gorincour G. [Shear waves elastography of the placenta in pregnant baboon]. Gynecol Obstet Fertil. 2015;43:200-4 pubmed publisher..The objective study via elastography ShearWave of the degree of placental maturity seems not yet be used in clinical practice. Studies of larger cohorts are needed. ..
- PÃ©rez Alea M, Mcgrail K, SÃ¡nchez Redondo S, Ferrer B, Fournet G, CortÃ©s J, et al. ALDH1A3 is epigenetically regulated during melanocyte transformation and is a target for melanoma treatment. Oncogene. 2017;36:5695-5708 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that aldehyde detoxification is relevant metabolic mechanism in melanoma cells, which can be used as a novel approach for melanoma treatment. ..
- Meunier S, Bernassau J, Guillemot J, Ferrara P, Darbon H. Determination of the three-dimensional structure of CC chemokine monocyte chemoattractant protein 3 by 1H two-dimensional NMR spectroscopy. Biochemistry. 1997;36:4412-22 pubmed..Structural and sequence analysis gives clear indications suggesting that the other MCP chemokines may have the same quaternary structure, contrary to the other beta chemokines. ..
- Agostini A, Robin F, Aggerbeck M, Jais J, Blanc B, Lecuru F. Influence of peritoneal factors on port-site metastases in a xenograft ovarian cancer model. BJOG. 2001;108:809-12 pubmed..We determine the main physical effects of pneumoperitoneum on tumour dissemination and port-site metastases occurrence...
- Lelièvre H, Chevrier V, Tassin A, Birnbaum D. Myeloproliferative disorder FOP-FGFR1 fusion kinase recruits phosphoinositide-3 kinase and phospholipase Cgamma at the centrosome. Mol Cancer. 2008;7:30 pubmed publisher..These results delineate a particular type of oncogenic mechanism by which an ectopic kinase recruits its substrates at the centrosome whence unappropriate signaling induces continuous cell growth and MPD. ..
- El Robrini N, Etchevers H, RyckebÃ¼sch L, Faure E, Eudes N, Niederreither K, et al. Cardiac outflow morphogenesis depends on effects of retinoic acid signaling on multiple cell lineages. Dev Dyn. 2016;245:388-401 pubmed publisher..Our study shows that inappropriate coordination between the different cell types of the OFT perturbs its morphogenesis and leads to a severe congenital heart defect, persistent truncus arteriosus. ..
- Dakka N, Puigserver A, Wicker C. Regulation by a protein-free carbohydrate-rich diet of rat pancreatic mRNAs encoding trypsin and elastase isoenzymes. Biochem J. 1990;268:471-4 pubmed..In combination with earlier observations of an overall decrease in cationic trypsin biosynthesis during the same nutritional manipulation, these results suggest that formation of this enzyme is also subject to translational control. ..
- Charrel R, De Micco P, De Lamballerie X. Phylogenetic analysis of GB viruses A and C: evidence for cospeciation between virus isolates and their primate hosts. J Gen Virol. 1999;80 ( Pt 9):2329-35 pubmed
- Giardina T, Biagini A, Massey Harroche D, Puigserver A. Distribution and subcellular localization of acylpeptide hydrolase and acylase I along the hog gastro-intestinal tract. Biochimie. 1999;81:1049-55 pubmed..Finally, the immunolabeling of intestinal cells with specific antibodies definitively established the cytoplasmic localization of acylase I. Acylpeptide hydrolase and acylase I therefore both are located in the enterocyte cytoplasm. ..
- Rasolonjanahary R, Gerard C, Dufour M, Homburger V, Enjalbert A, Guillon G. Evidence for a direct negative coupling between dopamine-D2 receptors and PLC by heterotrimeric Gi1/2 proteins in rat anterior pituitary cell membranes. Endocrinology. 2002;143:747-54 pubmed..Such data are in favor of the existence of a direct negative coupling between DA-D2 receptor and PLC on a native physiological plasma membrane model. ..
- Greub G, Raoult D. Bartonella: new explanations for old diseases. J Med Microbiol. 2002;51:915-23 pubmed
- Ferhat L, Esclapez M, Represa A, Fattoum A, Shirao T, Ben Ari Y. Increased levels of acidic calponin during dendritic spine plasticity after pilocarpine-induced seizures. Hippocampus. 2003;13:845-58 pubmed..Altogether, these results are consistent with an involvement of acidic calponin in dendritic spine plasticity. ..
- Bacci J, Kachidian P, Kerkerian Le Goff L, Salin P. Intralaminar thalamic nuclei lesions: widespread impact on dopamine denervation-mediated cellular defects in the rat basal ganglia. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2004;63:20-31 pubmed
- Martin F, Penet M, Malergue F, Lepidi H, Dessein A, Galland F, et al. Vanin-1(-/-) mice show decreased NSAID- and Schistosoma-induced intestinal inflammation associated with higher glutathione stores. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:591-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that one cysteamine function is to upregulate inflammation. Consequently, the pantetheinase activity of Vanin-1 molecule could be a target for a new anti-inflammatory strategy. ..
- Hanganu I, Staiger J, Ben Ari Y, Khazipov R. Cholinergic modulation of spindle bursts in the neonatal rat visual cortex in vivo. J Neurosci. 2007;27:5694-705 pubmed..Thus, the cholinergic input facilitates the neonatal V1 spindle bursts and may prime the developing cortex to operate specifically on relevant early (retinal waves) and later (visual input) stimuli. ..
- Royer B, Soares D, Barlow P, Bontrop R, Roll P, Robaglia Schlupp A, et al. Molecular evolution of the human SRPX2 gene that causes brain disorders of the Rolandic and Sylvian speech areas. BMC Genet. 2007;8:72 pubmed publisher..Further experiments are now required in order to evaluate the possible consequences of R75K on SRPX2 interactions and functioning...
- Copel C, Osorio N, Crest M, Gola M, Delmas P, Clerc N. Activation of neurokinin 3 receptor increases Na(v)1.9 current in enteric neurons. J Physiol. 2009;587:1461-79 pubmed publisher..9) by NK3r activation is also likely to amplify slow EPSPs generated in the IPANs. These changes in excitability potentially have a profound effect on the entire enteric synaptic circuit and ultimately on gut motility and secretion. ..
- Chiossone L, Chaix J, Fuseri N, Roth C, Vivier E, Walzer T. Maturation of mouse NK cells is a 4-stage developmental program. Blood. 2009;113:5488-96 pubmed publisher..This developmental program appears to be associated with a progressive acquisition of NK-cell effector functions. ..
- Franchini D, Benoukraf T, Jaeger S, Ferrier P, Payet Bornet D. Initiation of V(D)J recombination by Dbeta-associated recombination signal sequences: a critical control point in TCRbeta gene assembly. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4575 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results provide the molecular explanation to the B12/23 constraint and also uncover a 'Dbeta1 23RSS-mediated' restriction operating beyond chromatin accessibility, which directs Dbeta1 ordered rearrangements. ..
- Boughalmi M, Pagnier I, Aherfi S, Colson P, Raoult D, La Scola B. First isolation of a giant virus from wild Hirudo medicinalis leech: Mimiviridae isolation in Hirudo medicinalis. Viruses. 2013;5:2920-30 pubmed publisher..As leeches can be used medically and Mimiviruses have the potential to be an infectious agent in humans, patients treated with leeches should be surveyed to investigate a possible connection. ..
- Desnues B, Macedo A, Roussel Queval A, Bonnardel J, Henri S, Demaria O, et al. TLR8 on dendritic cells and TLR9 on B cells restrain TLR7-mediated spontaneous autoimmunity in C57BL/6 mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1497-502 pubmed publisher..TLR8 controls TLR7 function on dendritic cells, and TLR9 restrains TLR7 response on B cells. ..
- Wicker C, Puigserver A. Rat pancreatic colipase mRNA: nucleotide sequence of a cDNA clone and nutritional regulation by a lipidic diet. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;167:130-6 pubmed..Quantification of the homologous mRNA in the pancreas of animals fed a high-lipid diet was consistent with a specific though moderate induction of colipase messenger by the nutritional manipulation. ..
- Gecz J, Gaunt S, Passage E, Burton R, Cudrey C, Pearce J, et al. Assignment of a Polycomb-like chromobox gene (CBX2) to human chromosome 17q25. Genomics. 1995;26:130-3 pubmed
- Roux V, Rydkina E, Eremeeva M, Raoult D. Citrate synthase gene comparison, a new tool for phylogenetic analysis, and its application for the rickettsiae. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1997;47:252-61 pubmed
- Meziane H, Devigne C, Tramu G, Soumireu Mourat B. Distribution of cholecystokinin immunoreactivity in the BALB/c mouse forebrain: an immunocytochemical study. J Chem Neuroanat. 1997;12:191-209 pubmed..Moreover, CCK-IR is spontaneously visible in neurons of untreated mouse in some brain areas previously shown in the rat to exhibit CCK mRNA, but no clear perikaryal CCK-IR even after colchicine treatment. ..
- Haque A, Echchannaoui H, Seguin R, Schwartzman J, Kasper L, Haque S. Cerebral malaria in mice: interleukin-2 treatment induces accumulation of gammadelta T cells in the brain and alters resistant mice to susceptible-like phenotype. Am J Pathol. 2001;158:163-72 pubmed..The information concerning creating pathological sequelae and death in an otherwise resistant mouse strain provides an interesting focus for the burden of pathological attributes on death in an infectious disease. ..
- Gauthier P, Rega P, Lammari Barreault N, Polentes J. Functional reconnections established by central respiratory neurons regenerating axons into a nerve graft bridging the respiratory centers to the cervical spinal cord. J Neurosci Res. 2002;70:65-81 pubmed
- Hemmersbach Miller M, Parola P, Raoult D, Brouqui P. A homeless man with maculopapular rash who died in Marseille, France. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;38:1412, 1493-4 pubmed
- Fournier P, Gouriet F, Brouqui P, Lucht F, Raoult D. Lymphangitis-associated rickettsiosis, a new rickettsiosis caused by Rickettsia sibirica mongolotimonae: seven new cases and review of the literature. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;40:1435-44 pubmed..quot; Lymphangitis-associated rickettsiosis should be considered in the differential diagnosis of tick-borne rickettsioses in Europe, Africa, and Asia. ..
- Popovici C, Fallet M, Marguet D, Birnbaum D, Roubin R. Intracellular trafficking of LET-756, a fibroblast growth factor of C. elegans, is controlled by a balance of export and nuclear signals. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1484-95 pubmed..We propose that LET-756 exerts its functions through a balance between secreted and nuclear forms due to two opposite addressing signals, (i) synergy of several NLS and (ii) attenuated secretion signal...
- Popovici C, Berda Y, Conchonaud F, Harbis A, Birnbaum D, Roubin R. Direct and heterologous approaches to identify the LET-756/FGF interactome. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:105 pubmed..The interactors identified play various roles in developmental process or basic biochemical events such as ribosome biogenesis. ..
- Lavoute C, Weiss M, Rostain J. Alterations in nigral NMDA and GABAA receptor control of the striatal dopamine level after repetitive exposures to nitrogen narcosis. Exp Neurol. 2008;212:63-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, repetitive nitrogen exposure induced persistent changes in glutamatergic and GABAergic control of dopaminergic neurons, resulting in decreased activity of the nigrostriatal pathway...
- Ghigo E, Kartenbeck J, Lien P, Pelkmans L, Capo C, Mege J, et al. Ameobal pathogen mimivirus infects macrophages through phagocytosis. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000087 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data demonstrated that APMV enters macrophages through phagocytosis, a new pathway for virus entry in cells. This reinforces the paradigm that intra-amoebal pathogens have the potential to infect macrophages...
- Chauvière L, Rafrafi N, Thinus Blanc C, Bartolomei F, Esclapez M, Bernard C. Early deficits in spatial memory and theta rhythm in experimental temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5402-10 pubmed publisher..These deficits may be dissociated from the process that leads to epilepsy itself but could instead constitute, as ILA, early markers in at-risk patients and/or provide beneficial therapeutic targets. ..
- Bechah Y, Paddock C, Capo C, Mege J, Raoult D. Adipose tissue serves as a reservoir for recrudescent Rickettsia prowazekii infection in a mouse model. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8547 pubmed publisher..In vitro, R. prowazekii rickettsiae infected and replicated in the murine adipocyte cell line 3T3-L1. Collectively these data suggest a role for adipose tissue as a potential reservoir for dormant infections with R. prowazekii...
- De Lamballerie X. Essential veterinary education in modern molecular tools for the detection of disease: what veterinarians will need to know about genomics and molecular biology and diagnostics (including bioterrorist weapons) in 2025. Rev Sci Tech. 2009;28:657-62 pubmed
- Brasselet S, Aït Belkacem D, Gasecka A, Munhoz F, Brustlein S, Brasselet S. Influence of birefringence on polarization resolved nonlinear microscopy and collagen SHG structural imaging. Opt Express. 2010;18:14859-70 pubmed publisher..We propose a method to measure this birefringence and account for this effect in nonlinear polarization resolved experiments. ..
- Messal N, Mamessier E, Sylvain A, Celis Gutierrez J, Thibult M, Chetaille B, et al. Differential role for CD277 as a co-regulator of the immune signal in T and NK cells. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:3443-54 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide new insights into the CD277 co-stimulatory pathway that may differentially participate in the regulation of various cell-mediated immune responses. ..
- Couillault C, Fourquet P, Pophillat M, Ewbank J. A UPR-independent infection-specific role for a BiP/GRP78 protein in the control of antimicrobial peptide expression in C. elegans epidermis. Virulence. 2012;3:299-308 pubmed publisher..The precise function of hsp-3 has yet to be determined, but these results uncover a hitherto unsuspected link between a BiP/GRP78 family protein and innate immune signaling. ..
- Huang S, Tao X, Yuan S, Zhang Y, Li P, Beilinson H, et al. Discovery of an Active RAG Transposon Illuminates the Origins of V(D)J Recombination. Cell. 2016;166:102-14 pubmed publisher..We propose that ProtoRAG represents a molecular "living fossil" of the long-sought RAG transposon. ..
- Achard V, Tassistro V, Boullu Ciocca S, Grino M. Expression and nutritional regulation of the (pro)renin receptor in rat visceral adipose tissue. J Endocrinol Invest. 2011;34:840-6 pubmed publisher..Such phenomenon could explain, at least in part, the associated disproportionate adipocyte hypertrophy and its accompanying increased glucose intolerance. ..
- Dusetti N, Frigerio J, Keim V, Dagorn J, Iovanna J. Structural organization of the gene encoding the rat pancreatitis-associated protein. Analysis of its evolutionary history reveals an ancient divergence from the other carbohydrate-recognition domain-containing genes. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:14470-5 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that genes encoding PAP and other lectins evolved from a common ancestor gene by intron gain. ..
- Yang W, Olive D. Tec kinase is involved in transcriptional regulation of IL-2 and IL-4 in the CD28 pathway. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:1842-9 pubmed..Consistent with the hypothesis postulated above that Lck can regulate Tec activation, overexpression of kinase-dead Lck can block Tec-induced cytokine expression following CD28 ligation. ..
- Soudja S, Wehbe M, Mas A, Chasson L, de Tenbossche C, Huijbers I, et al. Tumor-initiated inflammation overrides protective adaptive immunity in an induced melanoma model in mice. Cancer Res. 2010;70:3515-25 pubmed publisher..The latter delayed development of aggressive melanomas but was overridden by inflammation. ..
- Bennouar K, Uberti M, Melon C, Bacolod M, Jimenez H, Cajina M, et al. Synergy between L-DOPA and a novel positive allosteric modulator of metabotropic glutamate receptor 4: implications for Parkinson's disease treatment and dyskinesia. Neuropharmacology. 2013;66:158-69 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Metabotropic Glutamate Receptors'. ..
- Bouhamdan M, Benichou S, Rey F, Navarro J, Agostini I, Spire B, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr protein binds to the uracil DNA glycosylase DNA repair enzyme. J Virol. 1996;70:697-704 pubmed..We also demonstrate by in vitro experiments that the enzymatic activity of UNG is retained upon interaction with Vpr. ..
- Austruy E, Bagnis C, Carbuccia N, Maroc C, Birg F, Dubreuil P, et al. A defective retroviral vector encoding human interferon-alpha2 can transduce human leukemic cell lines. Cancer Gene Ther. 1998;5:247-56 pubmed
- Moreau X, Jeanningros R, Mazzola Pomietto P. Chronic effects of triiodothyronine in combination with imipramine on 5-HT transporter, 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(2A) receptors in adult rat brain. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2001;24:652-62 pubmed..These data indicate that T3 is able to modulate the long-term adaptive changes which occur at the postsynaptic level of 5-HT neurotransmission after antidepressant treatment. ..
- Halfon P, Pol S, Bourliere M, Cacoub P. [Hepatitis B virus genotypes: clinical, epidemiological and therapeutic implications]. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 2002;26:1005-12 pubmed
- Guasch G, Delaval B, Arnoulet C, Xie M, Xerri L, Sainty D, et al. FOP-FGFR1 tyrosine kinase, the product of a t(6;8) translocation, induces a fatal myeloproliferative disease in mice. Blood. 2004;103:309-12 pubmed..Lymphoid symptoms, however, appeared when onset of the disease was delayed as the result of mutation of FOP-FGFR1 at tyrosine 511, the phospholipase C gamma (PLCgamma) binding site. ..
- Badiaga S, Imbert G, La Scola B, Jean P, Delmont J, Brouqui P. Imported Brucellosis associated with Plasmodium falciparum malaria in a traveler returning from the tropics. J Travel Med. 2005;12:282-4 pubmed..Our report highlights the importance of blood cultures as well as malaria smears in febrile travelers returning from the tropics. ..
- Matsumoto K, Marumoto K, Joncour G, Lamanda P, Inokuma H, Brouqui P. Detection of Anaplasma phagocytophilum and Ehrlichia sp. HF strains in Ixodes ricinus ticks in Brittany, France. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2007;13:338-41 pubmed..HF. In addition to A. phagocytophilum, the study detected Ehrlichia sp. HF for the first time in Ixodes ricinus ticks. This organism has only been detected previously in Ixodes ovatus ticks from Japan. ..
- Charrel R, Izri A, Temmam S, Delaunay P, Toga I, Dumon H, et al. Cocirculation of 2 genotypes of Toscana virus, southeastern France. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:465-8 pubmed..The vector of TOSV in France was unknown. We detected TOSV RNA in 2 (female Phlebotomus perniciosus) of 61 pools of sandflies captured in southeastern France. Two genotypes of TOSV were identified. ..
- Botelho Nevers E, Rolain J, Espinosa L, Raoult D. Statins limit Rickettsia conorii infection in cells. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008;32:344-8 pubmed publisher..These preliminary findings raise the hypothesis that statins may prevent or moderate rickettsial disease in exposed people...
- Pages J, Amaral L, Fanning S. An original deal for new molecule: reversal of efflux pump activity, a rational strategy to combat gram-negative resistant bacteria. Curr Med Chem. 2011;18:2969-80 pubmed..This new family of molecules represents the first antibacterial class of compound specifically targeting active transport in the bacterial cell. ..
- Colson P, Yutin N, Shabalina S, Robert C, Fournous G, La Scola B, et al. Viruses with more than 1,000 genes: Mamavirus, a new Acanthamoeba polyphaga mimivirus strain, and reannotation of Mimivirus genes. Genome Biol Evol. 2011;3:737-42 pubmed publisher..Detailed analysis of the protein sequences of the two Mimiviruses led to a substantial amendment of the functional annotation of the viral genomes. ..
- Clavarino G, Cláudio N, Couderc T, Dalet A, Judith D, Camosseto V, et al. Induction of GADD34 is necessary for dsRNA-dependent interferon-? production and participates in the control of Chikungunya virus infection. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002708 pubmed publisher..The importance of this link for anti-viral immunity is underlined by the extreme susceptibility of GADD34-deficient fibroblasts and neonate mice to Chikungunya virus infection. ..
- Capo C, Mege J. Role of innate and adaptive immunity in the control of Q fever. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2012;984:273-86 pubmed publisher..These results open a new field to understand how host metabolism controls C. burnetii infection in humans. ..
- Gineste C, de Winter J, Kohl C, Witt C, Giannesini B, Brohm K, et al. In vivo and in vitro investigations of heterozygous nebulin knock-out mice disclose a mild skeletal muscle phenotype. Neuromuscul Disord. 2013;23:357-69 pubmed publisher..Further studies would be warranted in order to determine the mechanisms leading to a mild skeletal muscle phenotype resulting from the expression of a single nebulin allele. ..
- Miquerol L, Bellon A, Moreno N, Beyer S, Meilhac S, Buckingham M, et al. Resolving cell lineage contributions to the ventricular conduction system with a Cx40-GFP allele: a dual contribution of the first and second heart fields. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:665-77 pubmed publisher..The mammalian VCS is comprised of cells derived from two lineages, supporting a dual contribution of first and second heart field progenitor cells. ..
- Rodríguez Barrueco R, Nekritz E, Bertucci F, Yu J, Sanchez Garcia F, Zeleke T, et al. miR-424(322)/503 is a breast cancer tumor suppressor whose loss promotes resistance to chemotherapy. Genes Dev. 2017;31:553-566 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies reveal miR-424(322)/503 as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer and provide a link between mammary epithelial involution, tumorigenesis, and the phenomenon of chemoresistance. ..
- Lavagna C, Marchetto S, Birnbaum D, Rosnet O. Identification and characterization of a functional murine FLT3 isoform produced by exon skipping. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:3165-71 pubmed..Ligand-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of the two isoforms was equivalent in COS-1 transfected cells, indicating that the fifth Ig-like domain is not strictly necessary for either ligand-binding or kinase activation. ..
- Aurrand Lions M, Galland F, Bazin H, Zakharyev V, Imhof B, Naquet P. Vanin-1, a novel GPI-linked perivascular molecule involved in thymus homing. Immunity. 1996;5:391-405 pubmed..Transfection of thymic stromal cells with the Vanin-1 cDNA enhances thymocyte adhesion in vitro. These data suggest that Vanin-1 regulates late adhesion steps of thymus homing under physiological, noninflammatory conditions. ..
- Sebban Kreuzer C, Dolla A, Guerlesquin F. The formate dehydrogenase-cytochrome c553 complex from Desulfovibrio vulgaris Hildenborough. Eur J Biochem. 1998;253:645-52 pubmed
- Guerder S, Rincon M, Schmitt Verhulst A. Regulation of activator protein-1 and NF-kappa B in CD8+ T cells exposed to peripheral self-antigens. J Immunol. 2001;166:4399-407 pubmed..These observations suggest that fine regulation of NF-kappa B complex formation may determine T cell fate. ..
- Wu G, Yan S. Analysis of distributions of amino acids in the primary structure of tumor suppressor p53 family according to the random mechanism. J Mol Model. 2002;8:191-8 pubmed
- Drancourt M, Jarlier V, Raoult D. The environmental pathogen Mycobacterium ulcerans grows in amphibian cells at low temperatures. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2002;68:6403-4 pubmed..ulcerans microorganisms. These data suggest an intracellular environmental niche, and we propose use of XTC-2 cells for isolation of M. ulcerans from environmental sources. ..
- Coste B, Osorio N, Padilla F, Crest M, Delmas P. Gating and modulation of presumptive NaV1.9 channels in enteric and spinal sensory neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2004;26:123-34 pubmed..Thus, the modulation of the resting-closed states of NaV1.9 channels strongly influences nociceptor excitability and may provide a mechanism by which inflammatory mediators alter pain threshold. ..
- Desrois M, Durrans A, Caus T, Lan C, Clarke K, Cozzone P, et al. Modulation of the NO pathway during short or prolonged blood reperfusion following ischaemia in a heterotopic rat heart transplantation model. Transplant Proc. 2004;36:1280-2 pubmed..002). These results suggest involvement of the NO pathway in ischemia-reperfusion injury with distinctive roles of NOS isoforms during short and prolonged reperfusion following ischemia. ..
- Raoult D, Dutour O, Houhamdi L, Jankauskas R, Fournier P, Ardagna Y, et al. Evidence for louse-transmitted diseases in soldiers of Napoleon's Grand Army in Vilnius. J Infect Dis. 2006;193:112-20 pubmed..Because soldiers were commonly infested with body lice, it has been speculated that louse-borne infectious diseases, such as epidemic typhus (caused by Rickettsia prowazekii), were common...
- Berenguer C, Boudouresque F, Dussert C, Daniel L, Muracciole X, Grino M, et al. Adrenomedullin, an autocrine/paracrine factor induced by androgen withdrawal, stimulates 'neuroendocrine phenotype' in LNCaP prostate tumor cells. Oncogene. 2008;27:506-18 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that AM may function as a mediator of NE-like differentiation in culture as well as in vivo and indicate that its production may be important for tumor resurgence following androgen ablation. ..
- Lelouard H, Schmidt E, Camosseto V, Clavarino G, Ceppi M, Hsu H, et al. Regulation of translation is required for dendritic cell function and survival during activation. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:1427-39 pubmed publisher..Our observations have important implications in linking translation regulation with DC function and survival during the immune response. ..
- Braguer D, Barret J, McDaid H, Kruczynski A. Antitumor activity of vinflunine: effector pathways and potential for synergies. Semin Oncol. 2008;35:S13-21 pubmed publisher..The favorable preclinical profile of vinflunine, in addition to its synergism with a variety of other therapeutic modalities, justifies further clinical development of this compound. ..
- Ould Yahoui A, Tremblay E, Sbai O, Ferhat L, Bernard A, Charrat E, et al. A new role for TIMP-1 in modulating neurite outgrowth and morphology of cortical neurons. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8289 pubmed publisher..These findings may help us understand the role of the MMP/TIMP system in post-lesion pre-scarring conditions. ..
- Amoureux M, Coulibaly B, Chinot O, Loundou A, Metellus P, Rougon G, et al. Polysialic acid neural cell adhesion molecule (PSA-NCAM) is an adverse prognosis factor in glioblastoma, and regulates olig2 expression in glioma cell lines. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:91 pubmed publisher..007). Furthermore, in glioma cell lines, PSA-NCAM level expression was correlated to the one of olig2, a transcription factor required for gliomagenesis. PSA-NCAM represents a valuable biomarker for the prognosis of GBM patients. ..
- Kilavik B, Zaepffel M, Brovelli A, MacKay W, Riehle A. The ups and downs of ? oscillations in sensorimotor cortex. Exp Neurol. 2013;245:15-26 pubmed publisher..We conclude that beta oscillations observed in sensorimotor cortex may serve large-scale communication between sensorimotor and other areas and the periphery. ..
- Andrello M, Mouillot D, Beuvier J, Albouy C, Thuiller W, Manel S. Low connectivity between Mediterranean marine protected areas: a biophysical modeling approach for the dusky grouper Epinephelus marginatus. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68564 pubmed publisher..This issue is even more critical given that the expected reduction of pelagic larval duration following sea temperature rise will likely decrease connectivity even more. ..