Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on glucose in Lille, Nord Pas de Calais Picardie, France
Locale: Lille, Nord Pas de Calais Picardie, France
- Cauchi S, Proenca C, Choquet H, Gaget S, De Graeve F, Marre M, et al. Analysis of novel risk loci for type 2 diabetes in a general French population: the D.E.S.I.R. study. J Mol Med (Berl). 2008;86:341-8 pubmed publisher..E.S.I.R. prospective cohort. However, in contrast to TCF7L2, the contribution of novel loci to T2D incidence seems only modest in the general middle-aged French population and should be replicated in larger cohorts. ..
- Schoonjans K, Martin G, Staels B, Auwerx J. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors, orphans with ligands and functions. Curr Opin Lipidol. 1997;8:159-66 pubmed..The next few years will be very exciting as additional studies will refine our current knowledge about PPAR alpha and PPAR gamma and may reveal a ligand and role for the lonesome orphan among the PPARs, PPAR delta. ..
- Baud G, Daoudi M, Hubert T, Raverdy V, Pigeyre M, Hervieux E, et al. Bile Diversion in Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Modulates Sodium-Dependent Glucose Intestinal Uptake. Cell Metab. 2016;23:547-53 pubmed publisher..The decrease in intestinal uptake of glucose after RYGB was confirmed in humans. Our results demonstrate that bile diversion affects postprandial glucose metabolism by modulating sodium-glucose intestinal cotransport. ..
- Lalloyer F, Vandewalle B, Percevault F, Torpier G, Kerr Conte J, Oosterveer M, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha improves pancreatic adaptation to insulin resistance in obese mice and reduces lipotoxicity in human islets. Diabetes. 2006;55:1605-13 pubmed..These results indicate that PPARalpha improves the adaptative response of the pancreatic beta-cell to pathological conditions. PPARalpha could thus represent a promising target in the prevention of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Cauchi S, Del Guerra S, Choquet H, D Aleo V, Groves C, Lupi R, et al. Meta-analysis and functional effects of the SLC30A8 rs13266634 polymorphism on isolated human pancreatic islets. Mol Genet Metab. 2010;100:77-82 pubmed publisher..In isolated human islets, the risk C-allele does not affect ex-vivo insulin secretion and SLC30A8 expression, which is correlated with that of insulin and glucagon. ..
- Nowak M, Helleboid Chapman A, Jakel H, Moitrot E, Rommens C, Pennacchio L, et al. Glucose regulates the expression of the apolipoprotein A5 gene. J Mol Biol. 2008;380:789-98 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that the APOA5 gene is up regulated by d-glucose and USF through phosphatase activation. These findings may provide a new cross-talk between glucose and lipid metabolism. ..
- Ahier A, Khayath N, Vicogne J, Dissous C. Insulin receptors and glucose uptake in the human parasite Schistosoma mansoni. Parasite. 2008;15:573-9 pubmed..The possibility that specific inhibitors of SmIR-1 and SmIR-2 tyrosine kinase activities could be developed to target schistosomes is discussed. ..
- Caron S, Verrijken A, Mertens I, Samanez C, Mautino G, Haas J, et al. Transcriptional activation of apolipoprotein CIII expression by glucose may contribute to diabetic dyslipidemia. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:513-9 pubmed publisher..Glucose induces apoCIII transcription, which may represent a mechanism linking hyperglycemia, hypertriglyceridemia, and cardiovascular disease in type 2 diabetes. ..
- Bonnefond A, Vaxillaire M, Labrune Y, Lecoeur C, Chevre J, Bouatia Naji N, et al. Genetic variant in HK1 is associated with a proanemic state and A1C but not other glycemic control-related traits. Diabetes. 2009;58:2687-97 pubmed publisher..These findings may have implications for type 2 diabetes diagnosis and clinical management because anemia is a frequent complication of the diabetes state. ..
- Marcelli Tourvieille S, Hubert T, Moerman E, Gmyr V, Kerr Conte J, Nunes B, et al. In vivo and in vitro effect of sirolimus on insulin secretion. Transplantation. 2007;83:532-8 pubmed..These findings may partly underlie the improved results of islet transplantation. ..
- Caron S, Huaman Samanez C, Dehondt H, Ploton M, Briand O, Lien F, et al. Farnesoid X receptor inhibits the transcriptional activity of carbohydrate response element binding protein in human hepatocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2202-11 pubmed publisher..Thus, FXR transrepresses the expression of genes involved in glycolysis in human hepatocytes...
- Cariou B, van Harmelen K, Duran Sandoval D, van Dijk T, Grefhorst A, Abdelkarim M, et al. The farnesoid X receptor modulates adiposity and peripheral insulin sensitivity in mice. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:11039-49 pubmed..This unexpected function of FXR opens new perspectives for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Prokopenko I, Poon W, Magi R, Prasad B R, Salehi S, Almgren P, et al. A central role for GRB10 in regulation of islet function in man. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004235 pubmed publisher..The data also emphasize the need in genetic studies to consider whether risk alleles are inherited from the mother or the father. ..
- Lefebvre P, Cariou B, Lien F, Kuipers F, Staels B. Role of bile acids and bile acid receptors in metabolic regulation. Physiol Rev. 2009;89:147-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that modulation of FXR activity and BA metabolism may open new attractive pharmacological approaches for the treatment of the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Rosso M, Chauvaux S, Dessein R, Laurans C, Frangeul L, Lacroix C, et al. Growth of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis in human plasma: impacts on virulence and metabolic gene expression. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:211 pubmed publisher..However, in immunocompromised patients, the microorganism may disseminate from the digestive tract and thus cause a systemic infection with septicemia...