Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Lille, Nord Pas de Calais Picardie, France
Locale: Lille, Nord Pas de Calais Picardie, France
Topic: amino acid sequence
- Popescu C, Callens N, Trinel D, Roingeard P, Moradpour D, Descamps V, et al. NS2 protein of hepatitis C virus interacts with structural and non-structural proteins towards virus assembly. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001278 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations indicate that NS2 protein attracts the envelope proteins at the assembly site and it crosstalks with non-structural proteins for virus assembly. ..
- Cotelle N, Lohez M, Cotelle P, Henichart J. Conformational study of the threonine-rich C-terminal pentapeptide of peptide T. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;171:596-602 pubmed
- Glineur C, Zenke M, Beug H, Ghysdael J. Phosphorylation of the v-erbA protein is required for its function as an oncogene. Genes Dev. 1990;4:1663-76 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that phosphorylation of the gag/v-erbA protein is important for transcriptional repression of at least some of its target genes in erythroid cells. ..
- Scuotto A, Romond P, Djorie S, Alric M, Romond M. In silico mining and characterization of bifidobacterial lipoprotein with CHAP domain secreted in an aggregated form. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;82:653-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, B. longum secretes a lipoprotein forming aggregates which may influence dendritic and CD4(+)CD25(+) cell interactions independently of the TLR2/6 pathway. ..
- Bonnelye E, Vanacker J, Desbiens X, Begue A, Stehelin D, Laudet V. Rev-erb beta, a new member of the nuclear receptor superfamily, is expressed in the nervous system during chicken development. Cell Growth Differ. 1994;5:1357-65 pubmed..We propose that Rev-erb beta may play an important role in the complex network of inductive signals, which control neuron differentiation. ..
- Boulukos K, Pognonec P, Begue A, Galibert F, Gesquiere J, Stehelin D, et al. Identification in chickens of an evolutionarily conserved cellular ets-2 gene (c-ets-2) encoding nuclear proteins related to the products of the c-ets proto-oncogene. EMBO J. 1988;7:697-705 pubmed..This, together with the fact that the amino acid sequence of the cDNA encoding p58-64 is 95% identical to the reported partial sequence of a Hu-c-ets-2 cDNA, indicates that p58-64 are the translation products of the Ck-c-ets-2 gene. ..
- Baulard A, Betts J, Engohang Ndong J, Quan S, McAdam R, Brennan P, et al. Activation of the pro-drug ethionamide is regulated in mycobacteria. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:28326-31 pubmed publisher..This study opens up new avenues of research relating to ETH activation in mycobacteria, possibly leading to an improved efficacy of ETH and to the generation of new anti-mycobacterial agents...
- Leiba J, Carrère Kremer S, Blondiaux N, Dimala M, Wohlkonig A, Baulard A, et al. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis transcriptional repressor EthR is negatively regulated by Serine/Threonine phosphorylation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;446:1132-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings are the first demonstration of EthR phosphorylation and indicate that phosphorylation negatively affects its DNA-binding activity, which may impact ETH resistance levels in M. tb. ..
- Billaut Mulot O, Cocude C, Kolesnitchenko V, Truong M, Chan E, Hachula E, et al. SS-56, a novel cellular target of autoantibody responses in Sjögren syndrome and systemic lupus erythematosus. J Clin Invest. 2001;108:861-9 pubmed..Thus, SS-56 represents a new member of the SS family of autoantigens and could become an additional and important diagnostic marker for SS and SLE. ..
- Guerardel C, Deltour S, Pinte S, Monte D, Begue A, Godwin A, et al. Identification in the human candidate tumor suppressor gene HIC-1 of a new major alternative TATA-less promoter positively regulated by p53. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:3078-89 pubmed..Thus, HIC-1 function in the cell is controlled by a complex interplay of transcriptional and translational regulation, which could be differently affected in many human cancers. ..
- Brique S, Destee A, Lambert J, Mouroux V, Delacourte A, Amouyel P, et al. A new GTP-cyclohydrolase I mutation in an unusual dopa-responsive dystonia, familial form. Neuroreport. 1999;10:487-91 pubmed..The clinical evolution was heterogeneous among carriers of the same mutation, underlining the involvement of other determinants modulating the occurrence of the disease such as genetic or environmental susceptibility factors. ..
- Odaert M, Devalckenaere A, Trieu Cuot P, Simonet M. Molecular characterization of IS1541 insertions in the genome of Yersinia pestis. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:178-81 pubmed..These motifs might constitute hot spots for insertion of this IS1541 element within the Y. pestis genome...
- Dao Phan H, Formstecher P, Lefebvre P. Disruption of the glucocorticoid receptor assembly with heat shock protein 90 by a peptidic antiglucocorticoid. Mol Endocrinol. 1997;11:962-72 pubmed..More importantly, these results demonstrate that targeting specific protein/protein interaction interfaces is a powerful means to specifically modulate nuclear receptor signaling pathways in a ligand-independent manner. ..
- Duterque Coquillaud M, Niel C, Plaza S, Stehelin D. New human erg isoforms generated by alternative splicing are transcriptional activators. Oncogene. 1993;8:1865-73 pubmed..The results indicated that all these erg isoforms are able to bind the ETS binding site in a specific manner. Our data using transient transfection assays indicate that erg protein isoforms function as transcriptional activators. ..
- Lynch P, Krivosic Horber R, Reyford H, Monnier N, Quane K, Adnet P, et al. Identification of heterozygous and homozygous individuals with the novel RYR1 mutation Cys35Arg in a large kindred. Anesthesiology. 1997;86:620-6 pubmed..The sensitivity of muscle samples to caffeine clearly distinguished the two homozygotes from other heterozygous-susceptible individuals. No clear differentiation was observed with the halothane contracture results. ..
- Pancre V, Pierce R, Fournier F, Mehtali M, Delanoye A, Capron A, et al. Effect of ubiquitin on platelet functions: possible identity with platelet activity suppressive lymphokine (PASL). Eur J Immunol. 1991;21:2735-41 pubmed..This molecule and PASL share several similarities in their functional and physicochemical properties. PASL could therefore belong to the family of ubiquitins. ..
- Meunier I, Lenaers G, Bocquet B, Baudoin C, Piro Megy C, Cubizolle A, et al. A dominant mutation in MAPKAPK3, an actor of p38 signaling pathway, causes a new retinal dystrophy involving Bruch's membrane and retinal pigment epithelium. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:916-26 pubmed publisher..These findings shed new lights on Bruch's membrane/RPE pathophysiology and will open studies of this signaling pathway in diseases with RPE and Bruch's membrane alterations, such as age-related macular degeneration. ..
- Sims R, van der Lee S, Naj A, Bellenguez C, Badarinarayan N, Jakobsdottir J, et al. Rare coding variants in PLCG2, ABI3, and TREM2 implicate microglial-mediated innate immunity in Alzheimer's disease. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1373-1384 pubmed publisher..These genetic findings provide additional evidence that the microglia-mediated innate immune response contributes directly to the development of Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Sautiere P, Martinage A, Belaiche D, Arkhis A, Chevaillier P. Comparison of the amino acid sequences of human protamines HP2 and HP3 and of intermediate basic nuclear proteins HPS1 and HPS2. Structural evidence that HPS1 and HPS2 are pro-protamines. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:11059-62 pubmed..Their amino-terminal amino acid sequences have also been determined. The structural data thus obtained suggest that HPS1 and HPS2 are precursors of human protamines HP2 and HP3. ..
- Gerbod D, Edgcomb V, Noel C, Vanacova S, Wintjens R, Tachezy J, et al. Phylogenetic relationships of class II fumarase genes from trichomonad species. Mol Biol Evol. 2001;18:1574-84 pubmed..Alternatively, it may have been acquired via a separate endosymbiotic event or lateral gene transfer. ..
- Lécolle K, Begard S, Caillierez R, Demeyer D, Grellier E, Loyens A, et al. Sstr2A: a relevant target for the delivery of genes into human glioblastoma cells using fiber-modified adenoviral vectors. Gene Ther. 2013;20:283-97 pubmed publisher..Adenoviral vectors targeting SRIF receptors might thus represent a promising therapeutic approach to brain tumors. ..
- Lebrun P, Raze D, Fritzinger B, Wieruszeski J, Biet F, Dose A, et al. Differential contribution of the repeats to heparin binding of HBHA, a major adhesin of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32421 pubmed publisher..Further studies will aim at decoding the complementarity between HBD repeats and HS sequence. ..
- Ahier A, Khayath N, Vicogne J, Dissous C. Insulin receptors and glucose uptake in the human parasite Schistosoma mansoni. Parasite. 2008;15:573-9 pubmed..The possibility that specific inhibitors of SmIR-1 and SmIR-2 tyrosine kinase activities could be developed to target schistosomes is discussed. ..
- Pierrot C, Begue A, Szpirer C, Capron A, Capron M, Khalife J. Cloning of the rat IL-5Ralpha gene: analysis of 5'-upstream region and expression by B cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;288:328-39 pubmed..This can provide an explanation for the role of rat IL-5 as B-cell growth factor and a relevant model in order to better understand the activity of IL-5 on human B cells. ..
- Bouton D, Escriva H, de Mendonça R, Glineur C, Bertin B, Noel C, et al. A conserved retinoid X receptor (RXR) from the mollusk Biomphalaria glabrata transactivates transcription in the presence of retinoids. J Mol Endocrinol. 2005;34:567-82 pubmed..The nucleotide sequence reported in this paper has been submitted to the GenBank/EBI Data Bank with accession no. AY048663...
- Dufosse J, Porchet N, Audie J, Guyonnet Duperat V, Laine A, Van Seuningen I, et al. Degenerate 87-base-pair tandem repeats create hydrophilic/hydrophobic alternating domains in human mucin peptides mapped to 11p15. Biochem J. 1993;293 ( Pt 2):329-37 pubmed..The mRNAs are expressed both in the respiratory and in the digestive tracts. These human mucin probes may be important in assessing the abnormal mucins associated with inflammatory diseases or carcinoma from human mucosae. ..
- Tulasne D, Deheuninck J, Lourenco F, Lamballe F, Ji Z, Leroy C, et al. Proapoptotic function of the MET tyrosine kinase receptor through caspase cleavage. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10328-39 pubmed..Finally, HGF/SF treatment does not favor MET cleavage and apoptosis, confirming the known survival role of ligand-activated MET. Our results show that stress stimuli convert the MET survival receptor into a proapoptotic factor. ..
- Ghoussaini M, Vatin V, Lecoeur C, Abkevich V, Younus A, Samson C, et al. Genetic study of the melanin-concentrating hormone receptor 2 in childhood and adulthood severe obesity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:4403-9 pubmed..Our results altogether suggest that MCHR2 is not a major contributor to polygenic obesity and support a modest effect of the A76A SNP on food intake abnormalities in childhood. ..
- Laudet V, Hanni C, Coll J, Catzeflis F, Stehelin D. Evolution of the nuclear receptor gene superfamily. EMBO J. 1992;11:1003-13 pubmed..These data suggest a complex evolutionary history for nuclear receptor genes in which gene duplication events and swapping between domains of different origins took place. ..
- Baeza Garcia A, Pierce R, Gourbal B, Werkmeister E, Colinet D, Reichhart J, et al. Involvement of the cytokine MIF in the snail host immune response to the parasite Schistosoma mansoni. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001115 pubmed publisher..These results provide the first functional evidence that a MIF ortholog is involved in an invertebrate immune response towards a parasitic infection and highlight the importance of cytokines in invertebrate-parasite interactions. ..
- Morelle W, Capon C, Balduyck M, Sautiere P, Kouach M, Michalski C, et al. Chondroitin sulphate covalently cross-links the three polypeptide chains of inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor. Eur J Biochem. 1994;221:881-8 pubmed
- Guyonnet Duperat V, Audie J, Debailleul V, Laine A, Buisine M, Galiegue Zouitina S, et al. Characterization of the human mucin gene MUC5AC: a consensus cysteine-rich domain for 11p15 mucin genes?. Biochem J. 1995;305 ( Pt 1):211-9 pubmed..The functional significance for secreted mucins of these cysteine-rich subdomains and the modular organization of mucin peptides are discussed. ..
- Denhez F, Lafyatis R. Conservation of regulated alternative splicing and identification of functional domains in vertebrate homologs to the Drosophila splicing regulator, suppressor-of-white-apricot. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:16170-9 pubmed..These several structural features therefore strongly suggest that the mammalian SWAP gene functions as a vertebrate alternative splicing regulator. ..
- Laudet V, Stehelin D, Clevers H. Ancestry and diversity of the HMG box superfamily. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:2493-501 pubmed..Finally, we provide a tree for the highly complex group of SRY-like ('Sox' genes), clustering at least 40 different loci that rapidly diverged in various animal lineages. ..
- Sebbane F, Devalckenaere A, Foulon J, Carniel E, Simonet M. Silencing and reactivation of urease in Yersinia pestis is determined by one G residue at a specific position in the ureD gene. Infect Immun. 2001;69:170-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether our results demonstrate that variation of one extra G residue in ureD determines the ureolytic activity of Y. pestis but does not affect its virulence for mice or its ability to multiply and disseminate...
- Grevin D, Ung S, Denhez F, Dehem M, Quatannens B, Begue A, et al. Structure and organization of the mouse elk1 gene. Gene. 1996;174:185-8 pubmed..This information will be useful to engineer targeted mutations of this gene in mice and to determine the genomic structure of the other TCF genes. ..
- Flahaut C, Mizon C, Aumercier Maes P, Colson P, Bailly C, Sautiere P, et al. Disulphide bonds assignment in the inter-alpha-inhibitor heavy chains--structural and functional implications. Eur J Biochem. 1998;255:107-15 pubmed
- Khalife J, Pierrot C, Cocude C, Cetre C, Godin C, Capron A. Molecular cloning and sequencing of the rat interleukin-12 p40 gene. Eur Cytokine Netw. 1998;9:69-73 pubmed..Comparison of the deduced amino acid sequence of rat IL-12 p40 with that of the mouse and of human p40, showed 92% and 65% identity respectively. ..
- Gouignard N, Vanderstraete M, Cailliau K, Lescuyer A, Browaeys E, Dissous C. Schistosoma mansoni: structural and biochemical characterization of two distinct Venus Kinase Receptors. Exp Parasitol. 2012;132:32-9 pubmed publisher..Recombinant SmVKR1 and SmVKR2 exhibit tyrosine kinase activities dependent on the binding of distinct small ligand molecules. SmVKR1 and SmVKR2 could represent paralogs with different functions in the parasite. ..
- Vincent M, GeneviÃ¨ve D, Ostertag A, Marlin S, Lacombe D, Martin Coignard D, et al. Treacher Collins syndrome: a clinical and molecular study based on a large series of patients. Genet Med. 2016;18:49-56 pubmed publisher..Even though TCOF1 and POLR1D were associated with extreme clinical variability, we found no phenotype-genotype correlation. In cases with a typical phenotype of TCS, 6/146 (4%) remained with an unidentified molecular defect. ..
- Locht C, Geoffroy M, Renauld G. Common accessory genes for the Bordetella pertussis filamentous hemagglutinin and fimbriae share sequence similarities with the papC and papD gene families. EMBO J. 1992;11:3175-83 pubmed..Deletion analyses suggest that fhaB and the downstream genes can be transcribed as a polycistronic operon, and primer extension analysis revealed the presence of a second promoter between fhaB and fhaD...
- Ahier A, Rondard P, Gouignard N, Khayath N, Huang S, Trolet J, et al. A new family of receptor tyrosine kinases with a venus flytrap binding domain in insects and other invertebrates activated by aminoacids. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5651 pubmed publisher..The identification of RTKs specific for parasites and insect vectors raises new perspectives for the control of human parasitic and infectious diseases...
- Deheuninck J, Goormachtigh G, Foveau B, Ji Z, Leroy C, Ancot F, et al. Phosphorylation of the MET receptor on juxtamembrane tyrosine residue 1001 inhibits its caspase-dependent cleavage. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1455-63 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a direct protection mechanism of an activated phosphorylated MET receptor, against its caspase-dependent cleavage. ..
- Rocha Perugini V, Montpellier C, Delgrange D, Wychowski C, Helle F, Pillez A, et al. The CD81 partner EWI-2wint inhibits hepatitis C virus entry. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1866 pubmed publisher..This is the first example of a pathogen gaining entry into host cells that lack a specific inhibitory factor. ..
- Holder Espinasse M, Martin Coignard D, Escande F, Manouvrier Hanu S. A new mutation in TP63 is associated with age-related pathology. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:1115-20 pubmed..The latter findings have never been reported in this condition, and could be secondary to a new TP63 deletion that has been identified in this family...
- Bechard D, Gentina T, Delehedde M, Scherpereel A, Lyon M, Aumercier M, et al. Endocan is a novel chondroitin sulfate/dermatan sulfate proteoglycan that promotes hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor mitogenic activity. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48341-9 pubmed..Endocan regulates HGF/SF-mediated mitogenic activity and may support the function of HGF/SF not only in embryogenesis and tissue repair after injury but also in tumor progression. ..
- Lecuyer C, Dacheux J, Hermand E, Mazeman E, Rousseaux J, Rousseaux Prevost R. Actin-binding properties and colocalization with actin during spermiogenesis of mammalian sperm calicin. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:1801-10 pubmed
- Godart F, Bellanne Chantelot C, Clauin S, Gragnoli C, Abderrahmani A, Blanche H, et al. Identification of seven novel nucleotide variants in the hepatocyte nuclear factor-1alpha (TCF1) promoter region in MODY patients. Hum Mutat. 2000;15:173-80 pubmed..These data suggest that HNF-1alpha promoter variants could be diabetogenic mutations, and emphasize that the accurate HNF-1alpha expression is important for the maintenance of normal pancreatic beta cell function. ..
- Crepieux P, Coll J, Stehelin D. The Ets family of proteins: weak modulators of gene expression in quest for transcriptional partners. Crit Rev Oncog. 1994;5:615-38 pubmed..This review focuses on such interactions and also explores dysregulated expression of the Ets proteins in human cancers. ..
- Daher W, Pierrot C, Kalamou H, Pinder J, Margos G, Dive D, et al. Plasmodium falciparum dynein light chain 1 interacts with actin/myosin during blood stage development. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20180-91 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that PfDLC1 might play an important role in P. falciparum erythrocytic stages by its interaction with myosin A and actin 1, known to be essential for parasite development. ..
- Pierrot C, Beniguel L, Begue A, Khalife J. Expression of a functional IL-13Ralpha1 by rat B cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:969-76 pubmed
- Lassalle P, Molet S, Janin A, Heyden J, Tavernier J, Fiers W, et al. ESM-1 is a novel human endothelial cell-specific molecule expressed in lung and regulated by cytokines. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:20458-64 pubmed..These data suggest that ESM-1 may have potent implications in the areas of vascular cell biology and human lung physiology. ..
- Porchet N, Nguyen V, Dufosse J, Audie J, Guyonnet Duperat V, Gross M, et al. Molecular cloning and chromosomal localization of a novel human tracheo-bronchial mucin cDNA containing tandemly repeated sequences of 48 base pairs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;175:414-22 pubmed..This clone hybridized to polydisperse messages produced by human tracheo-bronchial and human colonic mucosae. The gene (proposed name MUC 4) from which cDNA is derived maps to chromosome 3. ..