Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
- Sidi S, Goutel C, Peyrieras N, Rosa F. Maternal induction of ventral fate by zebrafish radar. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:3315-20 pubmed..They might further indicate that maternal TGF-betaRdr and WntCa(2+) pathways complementarily specify ventral cell fates, with the former triggering bmps expression and the latter indirectly repressing genes encoding BMP antagonists. ..
- Peyrieras N, Strahle U, Rosa F. Conversion of zebrafish blastomeres to an endodermal fate by TGF-beta-related signaling. Curr Biol. 1998;8:783-6 pubmed
- del Toro R, Prahst C, Mathivet T, Siegfried G, Kaminker J, Larrivee B, et al. Identification and functional analysis of endothelial tip cell-enriched genes. Blood. 2010;116:4025-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, tip cells may regulate angiogenesis via matrix remodeling, production of basement membrane, and release of secreted molecules, some of which regulate stalk cell behavior. ..
- Stedman A, Lecaudey V, Havis E, Anselme I, Wassef M, Gilardi Hebenstreit P, et al. A functional interaction between Irx and Meis patterns the anterior hindbrain and activates krox20 expression in rhombomere 3. Dev Biol. 2009;327:566-77 pubmed publisher..Together, our data point to an essential function of Iroquois transcription factors in krox20 activation and, more generally, in anterior hindbrain specification. ..
- Knafo S, Wyart C. Optogenetic neuromodulation: new tools for monitoring and breaking neural circuits. Ann Phys Rehabil Med. 2015;58:259-264 pubmed publisher..By shifting from spatially targeted electrical stimulation to genetically targeted optical stimulation, optogenetic also opens new avenues for innovative neurorehabilitative strategies, in particular after spinal cord injury. ..
- Novarino G, Fenstermaker A, Zaki M, Hofree M, Silhavy J, Heiberg A, et al. Exome sequencing links corticospinal motor neuron disease to common neurodegenerative disorders. Science. 2014;343:506-511 pubmed publisher..Our analysis links HSP to other neurodegenerative disorders and can facilitate gene discovery and mechanistic understanding of disease...
- Brunet T, Bouclet A, Ahmadi P, Mitrossilis D, Driquez B, Brunet A, et al. Evolutionary conservation of early mesoderm specification by mechanotransduction in Bilateria. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2821 pubmed publisher..This suggests mesoderm mechanical induction dating back to at least the last bilaterian common ancestor more than 570 million years ago, the period during which mesoderm is thought to have emerged...
- Vesque C, Anselme I, Couve E, Charnay P, Schneider Maunoury S. Cloning of vertebrate Protogenin (Prtg) and comparative expression analysis during axis elongation. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:2836-44 pubmed..The initiation of Protogenin expression just before somitogenesis and its maintenance in the neural tube and paraxial mesoderm during this process suggest a conserved role in axis elongation. ..
- Lecaudey V, Anselme I, Dildrop R, Ruther U, Schneider Maunoury S. Expression of the zebrafish Iroquois genes during early nervous system formation and patterning. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:289-302 pubmed..Overall, these expression data suggest functions for the Iroquois family of transcription factors in neural and placodal patterning, neurogenesis, and neuronal specification. ..
- Renucci A, Lemarchandel V, Rosa F. An activated form of type I serine/threonine kinase receptor TARAM-A reveals a specific signalling pathway involved in fish head organiser formation. Development. 1996;122:3735-43 pubmed..Our data suggest the existence in fish of a specific TGF-beta-related pathway for anterior dorsal mesoderm induction, possibly mediated by TARAM-A and activated at the late blastula stage by localized dorsal determinant. ..
- Martin E, Schule R, Smets K, Rastetter A, Boukhris A, Loureiro J, et al. Loss of function of glucocerebrosidase GBA2 is responsible for motor neuron defects in hereditary spastic paraplegia. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;92:238-44 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the role of ceramide metabolism in HSP pathology. ..
- Lecaudey V, Ulloa E, Anselme I, Stedman A, Schneider Maunoury S, Pujades C. Role of the hindbrain in patterning the otic vesicle: a study of the zebrafish vhnf1 mutant. Dev Biol. 2007;303:134-43 pubmed..They suggest that, despite the evolution of inner ear structure and function, some of the mechanisms underlying the regionalisation of the otic vesicle in fish and amniotes have been conserved. ..
- Stetsyuk V, Peers B, Mavropoulos A, Verbruggen V, Thisse B, Thisse C, et al. Calsenilin is required for endocrine pancreas development in zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1517-25 pubmed..Taken together, our results show that zebrafish calsenilin is involved in endocrine cell differentiation and morphogenesis within the pancreas. ..
- Bonnet A, Lambert G, Ernest S, Dutrieux F, Coulpier F, Lemoine S, et al. Quaking RNA-Binding Proteins Control Early Myofibril Formation by Modulating Tropomyosin. Dev Cell. 2017;42:527-541.e4 pubmed publisher..Our work uncovers a Quaking/Tpm3 pathway controlling de novo myofibril assembly. This unexpected developmental role for Tpm3 could be at the origin of muscle defects observed in human congenital myopathies associated with tpm3 mutation. ..
- Grampa V, Delous M, Zaidan M, Odye G, Thomas S, Elkhartoufi N, et al. Novel NEK8 Mutations Cause Severe Syndromic Renal Cystic Dysplasia through YAP Dysregulation. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005894 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study demonstrates that NEK8 human mutations cause major organ developmental defects due to altered ciliogenesis and cell differentiation/proliferation through deregulation of the Hippo pathway. ..
- Braun D, Rao J, Mollet G, Schapiro D, Daugeron M, Tan W, et al. Mutations in KEOPS-complex genes cause nephrotic syndrome with primary microcephaly. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1529-1538 pubmed publisher..We thus identified four new monogenic causes of GAMOS, describe a link between KEOPS function and human disease, and delineate potential pathogenic mechanisms. ..
- Martin C, Ahmad I, Klingseisen A, Hussain M, Bicknell L, Leitch A, et al. Mutations in PLK4, encoding a master regulator of centriole biogenesis, cause microcephaly, growth failure and retinopathy. Nat Genet. 2014;46:1283-1292 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we establish that different levels of impaired PLK4 activity result in growth and cilia phenotypes, providing a mechanism by which microcephaly disorders can occur with or without ciliopathic features. ..
- Eyries M, Siegfried G, Ciumas M, Montagne K, Agrapart M, Lebrin F, et al. Hypoxia-induced apelin expression regulates endothelial cell proliferation and regenerative angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2008;103:432-40 pubmed publisher..The hypoxia-induced apelin expression may, thus, provide a new mechanism involved in adaptive physiological and pathophysiological response of vascular cells to low oxygen level. ..
- Lobbardi R, Lambert G, Zhao J, Geisler R, Kim H, Rosa F. Fine-tuning of Hh signaling by the RNA-binding protein Quaking to control muscle development. Development. 2011;138:1783-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results reveal a new mechanism to ensure muscle cell fate diversity by fine-tuning of the Hh signaling pathway via RNA-binding proteins. ..
- Kissa K, Murayama E, Zapata A, Cortés A, Perret E, Machu C, et al. Live imaging of emerging hematopoietic stem cells and early thymus colonization. Blood. 2008;111:1147-56 pubmed
- Hwangbo C, Lee H, Kang H, Ju H, Wiley D, Papangeli I, et al. Modulation of Endothelial Bone Morphogenetic Protein Receptor Type 2 Activity by Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Receptor 3 in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Circulation. 2017;135:2288-2298 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify VEGFR3 as a key regulator of endothelial BMPR2 signaling and a potential determinant of PAH penetrance in humans. ..
- David N, Sapede D, Saint Etienne L, Thisse C, Thisse B, Dambly Chaudiere C, et al. Molecular basis of cell migration in the fish lateral line: role of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and of its ligand, SDF1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16297-302 pubmed..We conclude that both the formation and the innervation of this system depend on the SDF1-CXCR4 system, which has also been implicated in several migration events in humans, including metastasis formation and lymphocyte homing. ..
- David Watine B, Shorte S, Fucile S, de Saint Jan D, Korn H, Bregestovski P. Functional integrity of green fluorescent protein conjugated glycine receptor channels. Neuropharmacology. 1999;38:785-92 pubmed..Overall, the preservation in alphaZ1-GFPs of the wild type receptor functional properties makes it a promising new tool for further in situ investigations of GlyR expression, distribution and function. ..
- Havis E, Anselme I, Schneider Maunoury S. Whole embryo chromatin immunoprecipitation protocol for the in vivo study of zebrafish development. Biotechniques. 2006;40:34, 36, 38 passim pubmed
- Sinha D, Neveu P, Gagey N, Aujard I, Benbrahim Bouzidi C, Le Saux T, et al. Photocontrol of protein activity in cultured cells and zebrafish with one- and two-photon illumination. Chembiochem. 2010;11:653-63 pubmed publisher..The present method for photocontrol of protein activity could be used more generally to investigate important physiological processes (e.g., in embryogenesis, organ regeneration and carcinogenesis) with high spatiotemporal resolution. ..
- Levraud J, Disson O, Kissa K, Bonne I, Cossart P, Herbomel P, et al. Real-time observation of listeria monocytogenes-phagocyte interactions in living zebrafish larvae. Infect Immun. 2009;77:3651-60 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes pathogenesis and particularly for the dissection of its interactions with phagocytes in vivo, a key factor of L. monocytogenes virulence. ..
- Fucile S, de Saint Jan D, David Watine B, Korn H, Bregestovski P. Comparison of glycine and GABA actions on the zebrafish homomeric glycine receptor. J Physiol. 1999;517 ( Pt 2):369-83 pubmed..7. Our data demonstrate that the kinetics of glycine and GABA interactions with alphaZ1 are different and that they determine the properties of these neurotransmitter actions on the GlyR. ..
- Delot E, Kataoka H, Goutel C, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Wittbrodt J, et al. The BMP-related protein radar: a maintenance factor for dorsal neuroectoderm cells?. Mech Dev. 1999;85:15-25 pubmed..Taken together these results suggest that Radar could be involved in maintaining the identity of cells of the dorsal-most neural tube and of at least a subset of neural crest cells. ..
- Mathieu J, Barth A, Rosa F, Wilson S, Peyrieras N. Distinct and cooperative roles for Nodal and Hedgehog signals during hypothalamic development. Development. 2002;129:3055-65 pubmed..Finally we show that it is the prechordal plate and not the head endoderm that provides the early signals essential for establishment of the hypothalamus. ..
- Vincent S, Mayeuf A, Niro C, Saitou M, Buckingham M. Non conservation of function for the evolutionarily conserved prdm1 protein in the control of the slow twitch myogenic program in the mouse embryo. Mol Biol Evol. 2012;29:3181-91 pubmed
- Thomas S, Cantagrel V, Mariani L, Serre V, Lee J, Elkhartoufi N, et al. Identification of a novel ARL13B variant in a Joubert syndrome-affected patient with retinal impairment and obesity. Eur J Hum Genet. 2015;23:621-7 pubmed publisher..Thus our data identify a novel ARL13B variant that causes JS and retinopathy and suggest an extension of the phenotypic spectrum of ARL13B mutations to obesity. ..
- Seixas C, Choi S, Polgar N, Umberger N, East M, Zuo X, et al. Arl13b and the exocyst interact synergistically in ciliogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:308-20 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Arl13b and the exocyst function together in the same pathway leading to functional cilia. ..
- Chen C, Stedman A, Havis E, Anselme I, Onichtchouk D, Giudicelli F, et al. Initiation of cyp26a1 Expression in the Zebrafish Anterior Neural Plate by a Novel Cis-Acting Element. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150639 pubmed publisher..Mutational analysis suggests that SoxB binding is essential for its activity. We discuss the contribution of this study to the elucidation of the regulatory hierarchy involved in early neural plate patterning. ..
- Kabashi E, El Oussini H, Bercier V, Gros Louis F, Valdmanis P, McDearmid J, et al. Investigating the contribution of VAPB/ALS8 loss of function in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2350-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings are consistent with the notion that VAPB mutations constitute a risk factor for motor neuron disease through a loss of VAPB function. ..
- Joly J, Joly C, Schulte Merker S, Boulekbache H, Condamine H. The ventral and posterior expression of the zebrafish homeobox gene eve1 is perturbed in dorsalized and mutant embryos. Development. 1993;119:1261-75 pubmed..Our findings suggest that eve1 expression is correlated with a ventral and posterior cell fate, and provide first insights into its regulation. ..
- Ayari B, Landoulsi A, Soussi Yanicostas N. Localization and characterization of kal 1.a and kal 1.b in the brain of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Brain Res Bull. 2012;88:345-53 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data provide a consolidated map of expression of kal 1.a and kal 1.b and suggest a distinct function of these genes, especially neurogenesis, in an adult context. ..
- Cock Rada A, Medjkane S, Janski N, Yousfi N, Perichon M, Chaussepied M, et al. SMYD3 promotes cancer invasion by epigenetic upregulation of the metalloproteinase MMP-9. Cancer Res. 2012;72:810-20 pubmed publisher..Together, our results define SMYD3 as an important new regulator of MMP-9 transcription, and they provide a molecular link between SMYD3 overexpression and metastatic cancer progression. ..
- Le Guyader D, Redd M, Colucci Guyon E, Murayama E, Kissa K, Briolat V, et al. Origins and unconventional behavior of neutrophils in developing zebrafish. Blood. 2008;111:132-41 pubmed..They are also attracted to variously stressed or malformed tissues, suggesting a wider role than antimicrobial defense. ..
- Ardouin O, Legouis R, Fasano L, David Watine B, Korn H, Hardelin J, et al. Characterization of the two zebrafish orthologues of the KAL-1 gene underlying X chromosome-linked Kallmann syndrome. Mech Dev. 2000;90:89-94 pubmed..The relevance of the zebrafish as an animal model for studying both the function of KAL-1 in normal development and the developmental failure leading to the olfactory defect in Kallmann syndrome, is discussed...
- Meda F, Gauron C, Rampon C, Teillon J, Volovitch M, Vriz S. Nerves Control Redox Levels in Mature Tissues Through Schwann Cells and Hedgehog Signaling. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2016;24:299-311 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests that the peripheral nerve redox environment could be a target for manipulating cell plasticity in adults. ..
- Imboden M, Goblet C, Korn H, Vriz S. Cytokeratin 8 is a suitable epidermal marker during zebrafish development. C R Acad Sci III. 1997;320:689-700 pubmed..These observations suggest that the zf-K8 gene is an appropriate epidermal marker during zebrafish ontogenesis. ..
- Zhang X, Ling J, Barcia G, Jing L, Wu J, Barry B, et al. Mutations in QARS, encoding glutaminyl-tRNA synthetase, cause progressive microcephaly, cerebral-cerebellar atrophy, and intractable seizures. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:547-58 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of QARS during brain development and that epilepsy due to impairment of QARS activity is unusually severe in comparison to other aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase disorders. ..
- Gauron C, Rampon C, Bouzaffour M, Ipendey E, Teillon J, Volovitch M, et al. Sustained production of ROS triggers compensatory proliferation and is required for regeneration to proceed. Sci Rep. 2013;3:2084 pubmed publisher..These results implicate oxidative stress in regeneration and provide new insights into the differences between healing and regeneration. ..
- Ernest S, Rauch G, Haffter P, Geisler R, Petit C, Nicolson T. Mariner is defective in myosin VIIA: a zebrafish model for human hereditary deafness. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:2189-96 pubmed..Thus, this study demonstrates the striking conservation of the function of Myosin VIIA throughout vertebrate evolution and establishes mariner as the first fish model for human hereditary deafness. ..
- Kapsimali M, Kaushik A, Gibon G, Dirian L, Ernest S, Rosa F. Fgf signaling controls pharyngeal taste bud formation through miR-200 and Delta-Notch activity. Development. 2011;138:3473-84 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study provides genetic evidence that supports a novel model where Fgf regulates Delta-Notch signaling, and subsequently miR-200 activity, in order to promote taste bud cell type differentiation. ..
- Yanicostas C, Barbieri E, Hibi M, Brice A, Stevanin G, Soussi Yanicostas N. Requirement for zebrafish ataxin-7 in differentiation of photoreceptors and cerebellar neurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50705 pubmed publisher..These findings further suggest that altered protein function may play a role in the pathophysiology of the disease, an important step toward the development of future therapeutic strategies. ..
- Peyrieras N, Lu Y, Renucci A, Lemarchandel V, Rosa F. Inhibitory interactions controlling organizer activity in fish. C R Acad Sci III. 1996;319:1107-12 pubmed..This paradox is taken as an evidence for suppressive effects exerted in a reciprocal manner when more than 1 organizing center is present. ..
- Joly J, Maury M, Joly C, Duprey P, Boulekbache H, Condamine H. Expression of a zebrafish caudal homeobox gene correlates with the establishment of posterior cell lineages at gastrulation. Differentiation. 1992;50:75-87 pubmed..The pattern of cdx[Zf-cad1] expression during and after gastrulation is consistent with its possible involvement in the regionalization of the embryo at these stages.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Ernest S, Guadagnini S, Prevost M, Soussi Yanicostas N. Localization of anosmin-1a and anosmin-1b in the inner ear and neuromasts of zebrafish. Gene Expr Patterns. 2007;7:274-81 pubmed..This is the first report of anosmin-1 expression in sensory hair cells of the inner ear and lateral line, and along the ampullary nerve track. ..
- David Watine B, Goblet C, de Saint Jan D, Fucile S, Devignot V, Bregestovski P, et al. Cloning, expression and electrophysiological characterization of glycine receptor alpha subunit from zebrafish. Neuroscience. 1999;90:303-17 pubmed
- Di Donato V, Auer T, Duroure K, Del Bene F. Characterization of the calcium binding protein family in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53299 pubmed publisher..Our data supports potential roles for CaBPs during neuronal development and function and provides a starting point for genetic studies to examine CaBPs' function in these tissues and organs. ..
- Mazon Moya M, Willis A, Torraca V, Boucontet L, Shenoy A, Colucci Guyon E, et al. Septins restrict inflammation and protect zebrafish larvae from Shigella infection. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006467 pubmed publisher..flexneri infection. These findings highlight a new role for septins in host defence against bacterial infection, and suggest that septin dysfunction may be an underlying factor in cases of hyper-inflammation. ..
- Pezeron G, Lambert G, Dickmeis T, Strahle U, Rosa F, Mourrain P. Rasl11b knock down in zebrafish suppresses one-eyed-pinhead mutant phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1434 pubmed publisher..This data suggests a new branch of Oep signaling that has implications for germ layer development, as well as for studies of Oep/Frl1/Cripto1 dysfunction, such as that found in tumors. ..
- Vriz S, Joly C, Boulekbache H, Condamine H. Zygotic expression of the zebrafish Sox-19, an HMG box-containing gene, suggests an involvement in central nervous system development. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;40:221-8 pubmed..In spite of the ventral localisation of its mRNA, the expression of this ZfSox-19 gene is completely normal in cyclops embryos which implies that ZfSox-19 expression is independent of the presence of the floor plate. ..
- Böhm U, Prendergast A, Djenoune L, Nunes Figueiredo S, Gomez J, Stokes C, et al. CSF-contacting neurons regulate locomotion by relaying mechanical stimuli to spinal circuits. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10866 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study reveals that CSF-cNs constitute a mechanosensory organ operating during locomotion to modulate spinal CPGs. ..
- Bruneau S, Mourrain P, Rosa F. Expression of contact, a new zebrafish DVR member, marks mesenchymal cell lineages in the developing pectoral fins and head and is regulated by retinoic acid. Mech Dev. 1997;65:163-73 pubmed
- Bouzaffour M, Dufourcq P, Lecaudey V, Haas P, Vriz S. Fgf and Sdf-1 pathways interact during zebrafish fin regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5824 pubmed publisher..This observation supports the idea that the regeneration process involves a delicate balance between multiple pathways. ..
- Santacruz H, Vriz S, Angelier N. Molecular characterization of a heat shock cognate cDNA of zebrafish, hsc70, and developmental expression of the corresponding transcripts. Dev Genet. 1997;21:223-33 pubmed..These results suggest that the hsc70 gene may be involved in developmental differentiation events. ..
- Burckle C, Gaudé H, Vesque C, Silbermann F, Salomon R, Jeanpierre C, et al. Control of the Wnt pathways by nephrocystin-4 is required for morphogenesis of the zebrafish pronephros. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:2611-27 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they highlight common signalling functions for inversin and nephrocystin-4, suggesting that these two nephrocystins are involved in common physiopathological mechanisms. ..
- Bignon M, Pichol Thievend C, Hardouin J, Malbouyres M, Bréchot N, Nasciutti L, et al. Lysyl oxidase-like protein-2 regulates sprouting angiogenesis and type IV collagen assembly in the endothelial basement membrane. Blood. 2011;118:3979-89 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study provides the first evidence for the role of LOXL2 in regulating angiogenesis through collagen IV scaffolding. ..