Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on y chromosome in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: y chromosome
- Veitia R, Ion A, Barbaux S, Jobling M, Souleyreau N, Ennis K, et al. Mutations and sequence variants in the testis-determining region of the Y chromosome in individuals with a 46,XY female phenotype. Hum Genet. 1997;99:648-52 pubmed..In addition, two Y-specific polymorphisms were found 5' to the SRY gene, and a sequence variant was identified 3' to the SRY polyadenylation site. No duplications of the DSS region in 20 of these patients were detected. ..
- Calenda A, Allenet B, Escalier D, Bach J, Garchon H. The meiosis-specific Xmr gene product is homologous to the lymphocyte Xlr protein and is a component of the XY body. EMBO J. 1994;13:100-9 pubmed..The Xmr protein provides a new tool for the investigation of sex chromosome behaviour during meiosis in mammals. ..
- Leroy P, Seboun E, Mattei M, Fellous M, Bishop C. Testis-specific transcripts detected by a human Y-DNA-derived probe. Development. 1987;101 Suppl:177-83 pubmed..This cDNA, designated PL10, detects a mRNA of approximately 4 kb which is highly expressed in mouse testis, but not in male or female mouse liver. The gene corresponding to this cDNA is also well conserved among vertebrates. ..
- Bishop C, Roberts C, Michot J, Nagamine C, Winking H, Guenet J, et al. The use of specific DNA probes to analyse the Sxr mutation in the mouse. Development. 1987;101 Suppl:167-75 pubmed..Finally, using an Sxr-specific probe we can define multiple Y-chromosome haplotypes in the mouse showing that the region is evolving very rapidly. ..
- Siffroi J, Le Bourhis C, Krausz C, Barbaux S, Quintana Murci L, Kanafani S, et al. Sex chromosome mosaicism in males carrying Y chromosome long arm deletions. Hum Reprod. 2000;15:2559-62 pubmed..Moreover, two isodicentric Y chromosomes, classified as normal by cytogenetic methods, were detected. Therefore, Yq microdeletions may be associated with Y chromosomal instability leading to the formation of 45,XO cell lines...
- Pailhoux E, Vigier B, Chaffaux S, Servel N, Taourit S, Furet J, et al. A 11.7-kb deletion triggers intersexuality and polledness in goats. Nat Genet. 2001;29:453-8 pubmed publisher..These two genes are located 20 and 200 kb telomeric from the deletion, respectively...
- Comptour A, Moretti C, Serrentino M, Auer J, Ialy Radio C, Ward M, et al. SSTY proteins co-localize with the post-meiotic sex chromatin and interact with regulators of its expression. FEBS J. 2014;281:1571-84 pubmed publisher..As Slx/Slxl1 and Sly genes have been shown to be involved in the XY intra-genomic conflict, which affects the offspring sex ratio, Ssty may constitute another player in this conflict...
- del Castillo I, Cohen Salmon M, Blanchard S, Lutfalla G, Petit C. Structure of the X-linked Kallmann syndrome gene and its homologous pseudogene on the Y chromosome. Nat Genet. 1992;2:305-10 pubmed