Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ribosomal proteins in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: ribosomal proteins
- Braun F, Hajnsdorf E, Regnier P. Polynucleotide phosphorylase is required for the rapid degradation of the RNase E-processed rpsO mRNA of Escherichia coli devoid of its 3' hairpin. Mol Microbiol. 1996;19:997-1005 pubmed..Moreover, we show that RNase E cuts in vitro the coding sequence of the rpsO mRNA at several sites which are not detected in vivo. ..
- Oberto J, Bonnefoy E, Mouray E, Pellegrini O, Wikström P, Rouviere Yaniv J. The Escherichia coli ribosomal protein S16 is an endonuclease. Mol Microbiol. 1996;19:1319-30 pubmed..We have cloned, overproduced, and purified a histidine-tagged S16 and shown that this protein is a DNA-binding protein carrying a Mg(2+)-Mn(2+)-dependent endonuclease activity. This is an unexpected property for a ribosomal protein. ..
- Guillier M, Allemand F, Graffe M, Raibaud S, Dardel F, Springer M, et al. The N-terminal extension of Escherichia coli ribosomal protein L20 is important for ribosome assembly, but dispensable for translational feedback control. RNA. 2005;11:728-38 pubmed..In addition to being a ribosomal protein, L20 also acts as an autogenous repressor. Using L20 truncations, we also show that the N-terminal tail of L20 is dispensable for autogenous control. ..
- Portier C, Dondon L, Grunberg Manago M. Translational autocontrol of the Escherichia coli ribosomal protein S15. J Mol Biol. 1990;211:407-14 pubmed..However, the creation of deletion mutations shows that the operator extends into the 5' non-coding part of the message, thus overlapping the ribosome loading site. ..
- Le Derout J, Regnier P, Hajnsdorf E. Both temperature and medium composition regulate RNase E processing efficiency of the rpsO mRNA coding for ribosomal protein S15 of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 2002;319:341-9 pubmed..Our data also indicate that the efficiency of cleavage of the rpsO mRNA by RNase E is modified by other factor(s) which remain to be identified. ..
- MacDougall J, Holst Hansen P, Mortensen K, Freistroffer D, Pavlov M, Ehrenberg M, et al. Purification of active Escherichia coli ribosome recycling factor (RRF) from an osmo-regulated expression system. Biochimie. 1997;79:243-6 pubmed..The recycling time for ribosomes synthesising the tripeptide fMet-Phe-Leu in vitro in the absence of RF3 was reduced from 40 to 15 s by the addition of purified 1.5 microM RRF. ..
- Redko Y, Condon C. Ribosomal protein L3 bound to 23S precursor rRNA stimulates its maturation by Mini-III ribonuclease. Mol Microbiol. 2009;71:1145-54 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the potential implication of using ribosomal protein cofactors in rRNA processing for ribosome quality control. ..
- Boyer J, Michaux G, Fairhead C, Gaillon L, Dujon B. Sequence and analysis of a 26.9 kb fragment from chromosome XV of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1996;12:1575-86 pubmed..The present sequence corresponds to coordinates 772,331 to 799,187 of the entire chromosome XV sequence which can be retrieved by anonymous ftp (ftp. mips. embnet. org). ..
- Chiaruttini C, Milet M, de Smit M, Springer M. Translational coupling in the Escherichia coli operon encoding translation initiation factor IF3 and ribosomal proteins L20 and L35. Biochimie. 1996;78:555-67 pubmed..In vitro 'toeprinting' analysis enabled us to show that the wild-type inhibitory secondary structure directly blocks ribosome binding to the ribosome binding site of rpIT. ..
- Regnier P, Hajnsdorf E. Decay of mRNA encoding ribosomal protein S15 of Escherichia coli is initiated by an RNase E-dependent endonucleolytic cleavage that removes the 3' stabilizing stem and loop structure. J Mol Biol. 1991;217:283-92 pubmed
- Lesage P, Chiaruttini C, Graffe M, Dondon J, Milet M, Springer M. Messenger RNA secondary structure and translational coupling in the Escherichia coli operon encoding translation initiation factor IF3 and the ribosomal proteins, L35 and L20. J Mol Biol. 1992;228:366-86 pubmed
- Mathy N, Pellegrini O, Serganov A, Patel D, Ehresmann C, Portier C. Specific recognition of rpsO mRNA and 16S rRNA by Escherichia coli ribosomal protein S15 relies on both mimicry and site differentiation. Mol Microbiol. 2004;52:661-75 pubmed..However, specific S15-rpsO mRNA interactions can also be found, probably with A(-46) in loop L1 of the pseudoknot, demonstrating that mimicry between the two targets is limited. ..
- Claisse M, Boguta M, Zagórski W. Translational readthrough of a termination codon in the yeast mitochondrial mRNA VAR1 as a result of mutation in the release factor mRF1. Acta Biochim Pol. 2005;52:129-37 pubmed..Comparative analysis of peptides resulting from protease digestion indicated that V2p is a derivative of Var1p. According to our hypothesis, V2p represents a readthrough product of the natural stop codon in VAR1 mRNA. ..
- Honor N, Cole S. Streptomycin resistance in mycobacteria. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1994;38:238-42 pubmed..avium, M. gordonae, and M. szulgai, that are naturally resistant to streptomycin. This suggests that permeability barriers may be responsible for the resistance to the antibiotic...
- Serre V, Rozanska A, Beinat M, Chretien D, Boddaert N, Munnich A, et al. Mutations in mitochondrial ribosomal protein MRPL12 leads to growth retardation, neurological deterioration and mitochondrial translation deficiency. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:1304-12 pubmed publisher..Therefore, analysis of the mutated version found in the subject presented here suggests that the mammalian protein does not function in an entirely analogous manner to the eubacterial L7/L12 equivalent. ..
- Vanet A, Plumbridge J, Alix J. Cotranscription of two genes necessary for ribosomal protein L11 methylation (prmA) and pantothenate transport (panF) in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7178-88 pubmed..Although no promoter activity was detected immediately upstream of prmA, S1 mapping detected 5' ends of mRNA in this region, implying that some mRNA processing occurs within the bicistronic panF-prmA mRNA. ..
- Benard L, Mathy N, Grunberg Manago M, Ehresmann B, Ehresmann C, Portier C. Identification in a pseudoknot of a U.G motif essential for the regulation of the expression of ribosomal protein S15. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:2564-7 pubmed..A unique motif, made of only two adjacent base pairs, U.G/C.G, is essential for S15 autoregulation and is presumably involved in direct recognition by the S15 protein. ..
- Braun F, Le Derout J, Regnier P. Ribosomes inhibit an RNase E cleavage which induces the decay of the rpsO mRNA of Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 1998;17:4790-7 pubmed
- Lesage P, Truong H, Graffe M, Dondon J, Springer M. Translated translational operator in Escherichia coli. Auto-regulation in the infC-rpmI-rplT operon. J Mol Biol. 1990;213:465-75 pubmed..The possible competition between translation of the regions acting in cis and the regulation of the expression of the target gene is discussed. ..
- Messaoudi N, Gautier V, Kthiri F, Lelandais G, Mihoub M, Joseleau Petit D, et al. Global stress response in a prokaryotic model of DJ-1-associated Parkinsonism. J Bacteriol. 2013;195:1167-78 pubmed publisher..Thus, protein defects resulting from the yajL mutation trigger the onset of a robust and global stress response in a prokaryotic model of DJ-1-associated Parkinsonism...
- Galmiche L, Serre V, Beinat M, Assouline Z, Lebre A, Chretien D, et al. Exome sequencing identifies MRPL3 mutation in mitochondrial cardiomyopathy. Hum Mutat. 2011;32:1225-31 pubmed publisher..This observation gives support to the view that exome sequencing combined with genetic mapping is a powerful approach for the identification of new genes of mitochondrial disorders. ..
- Timsit Y, Acosta Z, Allemand F, Chiaruttini C, Springer M. The role of disordered ribosomal protein extensions in the early steps of eubacterial 50 S ribosomal subunit assembly. Int J Mol Sci. 2009;10:817-34 pubmed publisher..The role of alpha helix-coil transitions in 23 S RNA folding is discussed in the light of the calcium binding protein calmodulin that shares many structural and dynamics properties with L20...
- Baloui H, Stettler O, Weiss S, Nothias F, von Boxberg Y. Upregulation in rat spinal cord microglia of the nonintegrin laminin receptor 37 kDa-LRP following activation by a traumatic lesion or peripheral injury. J Neurotrauma. 2009;26:195-207 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly suggest the involvement of LRP in lesion-induced activation and migration of microglia. ..
- Skorski P, Proux F, Cheraiti C, Dreyfus M, Hermann Le Denmat S. The deleterious effect of an insertion sequence removing the last twenty percent of the essential Escherichia coli rpsA gene is due to mRNA destabilization, not protein truncation. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:6205-12 pubmed
- Guillier M, Allemand F, Dardel F, Royer C, Springer M, Chiaruttini C. Double molecular mimicry in Escherichia coli: binding of ribosomal protein L20 to its two sites in mRNA is similar to its binding to 23S rRNA. Mol Microbiol. 2005;56:1441-56 pubmed..Using a set of genetic, biochemical, biophysical, and structural experiments, we show here that all three sites are recognized similarly by L20. ..
- Folichon M, Arluison V, Pellegrini O, Huntzinger E, Regnier P, Hajnsdorf E. The poly(A) binding protein Hfq protects RNA from RNase E and exoribonucleolytic degradation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:7302-10 pubmed..In addition, RNase E processing, which occurred close to the U-rich sequence, is impaired by the presence of Hfq. These data suggest that Hfq modulates the sensitivity of RNA to ribonucleases in the cell. ..
- Chassin D, Bellet D, Koman A. The human homolog of ribosomal protein S18. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:745 pubmed
- Le Derout J, Folichon M, Briani F, Deh G, R gnier P, Hajnsdorf E. Hfq affects the length and the frequency of short oligo(A) tails at the 3' end of Escherichia coli rpsO mRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:4017-23 pubmed..Our data led us to the conclusion that Hfq is involved in the recognition of 3' RNA extremities by PAP I...
- Le H, Gautier V, Kthiri F, Malki A, Messaoudi N, Mihoub M, et al. YajL, prokaryotic homolog of parkinsonism-associated protein DJ-1, functions as a covalent chaperone for thiol proteome. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5861-70 pubmed publisher..These findings are consistent with several defects observed in yajL or DJ-1 mutants, including translational defects, protein aggregation, oxidative stress sensitivity, and metabolic deficiencies. ..
- Marujo P, Hajnsdorf E, Le Derout J, Andrade R, Arraiano C, Regnier P. RNase II removes the oligo(A) tails that destabilize the rpsO mRNA of Escherichia coli. RNA. 2000;6:1185-93 pubmed..These in vivo data demonstrate that RNase II protects mRNAs ending by stable terminal hairpins, such as primary transcripts, from degradation by poly(A)-dependent ribonucleases. ..
- Kthiri F, Le H, Gautier V, Caldas T, Malki A, Landoulsi A, et al. Protein aggregation in a mutant deficient in yajL, the bacterial homolog of the Parkinsonism-associated protein DJ-1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:10328-36 pubmed publisher..These two functions of YajL might explain the protein aggregation phenotype of the yajL mutant. ..
- Guillier M, Allemand F, Raibaud S, Dardel F, Springer M, Chiaruttini C. Translational feedback regulation of the gene for L35 in Escherichia coli requires binding of ribosomal protein L20 to two sites in its leader mRNA: a possible case of ribosomal RNA-messenger RNA molecular mimicry. RNA. 2002;8:878-89 pubmed..However L20 can bind to each site independently in vitro. One site is similar to the L20-binding site on 23S rRNA. Here we propose that L20 recognizes its mRNA and its rRNA in similar way. ..
- Chiaruttini C, Milet M, Springer M. A long-range RNA-RNA interaction forms a pseudoknot required for translational control of the IF3-L35-L20 ribosomal protein operon in Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 1996;15:4402-13 pubmed..We propose that these two distant sites can base-pair to form a long-range pseudoknot which is required for the control of the expression of the L35 gene. ..
- Benard L, Philippe C, Dondon L, Grunberg Manago M, Ehresmann B, Ehresmann C, et al. Mutational analysis of the pseudoknot structure of the S15 translational operator from Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:31-40 pubmed..It is deduced that a specific pseudoknot conformation is a key element for autoregulation. ..
- Garwood J, Lepesant J. The Drosophila melanogaster homolog of ribosomal protein L27a. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;198:748-54 pubmed..There is also significant homology with an invertebrate motor protein and a Drosophila photoreceptor morphogenesis protein. ..
- Gong X, Delorme R, Fauchereau F, Durand C, Chaste P, Betancur C, et al. An investigation of ribosomal protein L10 gene in autism spectrum disorders. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:7 pubmed publisher..2; RPL10-B, U = 607.5, P = 0.7). Our results suggest that RPL10 has no major effect on the susceptibility to ASD. ..
- Raibaud S, Lebars I, Guillier M, Chiaruttini C, Bontems F, Rak A, et al. NMR structure of bacterial ribosomal protein l20: implications for ribosome assembly and translational control. J Mol Biol. 2002;323:143-51 pubmed..The pre-folded C-terminal domain would make a primary interaction with a specific site on the 23S rRNA. The N-terminal domain would then fold within the ribosome, participating in its correct 3D assembly...
- Marechal V, Elenbaas B, Piette J, Nicolas J, Levine A. The ribosomal L5 protein is associated with mdm-2 and mdm-2-p53 complexes. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:7414-20 pubmed
- Bonnefoy E. The ribosomal S16 protein of Escherichia coli displaying a DNA-nicking activity binds to cruciform DNA. Eur J Biochem. 1997;247:852-9 pubmed..Overall these experiments indicate that S16 requires a cruciform-like DNA structure to bind DNA and the presence of a particular sequence in order to introduce specific single-stranded cuts into a DNA molecule. ..
- Bingen E, Leclercq R, Fitoussi F, Brahimi N, Malbruny B, Deforche D, et al. Emergence of group A streptococcus strains with different mechanisms of macrolide resistance. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2002;46:1199-203 pubmed..In the two remaining posttreatment strains, the mechanisms of macrolide resistance could not be elucidated. ..
- Marujo P, Braun F, Haugel Nielsen J, Le Derout J, Arraiano C, Regnier P. Inactivation of the decay pathway initiated at an internal site by RNase E promotes poly(A)-dependent degradation of the rpsO mRNA in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2003;50:1283-94 pubmed..We also discuss the role of poly(A)-dependent decay in mRNA metabolism. ..
- Hajnsdorf E, Braun F, Haugel Nielsen J, Regnier P. Polyadenylylation destabilizes the rpsO mRNA of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:3973-7 pubmed..In contrast polyadenylylation does not significantly modify the stability of rpsO mRNA undergoing RNase E-mediated degradation. ..
- Marechal V, Elenbaas B, Taneyhill L, Piette J, Mechali M, Nicolas J, et al. Conservation of structural domains and biochemical activities of the MDM2 protein from Xenopus laevis. Oncogene. 1997;14:1427-33 pubmed..These data as well as the utilization of Xenopus laevis to investigate the roles of MDM2 and p53 during early embryogenesis are discussed. ..
- Garwood J, Lepesant J. The Drosophila melanogaster homolog of ribosomal protein S18. Gene. 1994;141:231-5 pubmed
- Vanet A, Plumbridge J, Guerin M, Alix J. Ribosomal protein methylation in Escherichia coli: the gene prmA, encoding the ribosomal protein L11 methyltransferase, is dispensable. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:947-58 pubmed..However, a strain carrying an in vitro-constructed null mutation of the prmA gene, transferred to the E. coli chromosome by homologous recombination, was perfectly viable. ..
- Raibaud S, Vachette P, Guillier M, Allemand F, Chiaruttini C, Dardel F. How bacterial ribosomal protein L20 assembles with 23 S ribosomal RNA and its own messenger RNA. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36522-30 pubmed
- Sacerdot C, Caillet J, Graffe M, Eyermann F, Ehresmann B, Ehresmann C, et al. The Escherichia coli threonyl-tRNA synthetase gene contains a split ribosomal binding site interrupted by a hairpin structure that is essential for autoregulation. Mol Microbiol. 1998;29:1077-90 pubmed..As the repressor and the ribosome bind to interspersed domains, the competition between ThrRS and ribosome for thrS mRNA binding can be explained by steric hindrance. ..
- Miquel J, Hadj Rabia S, Boddaert N, Lascelles K, Bahi Buisson N. Atypical presentation of neuropsychiatric lupus with acanthosis nigricans. Pediatr Neurol. 2012;47:291-4 pubmed publisher..We review the literature on acanthosis nigricans in systemic lupus erythematosus and the value of magnetic resonance imaging in evaluating patients with neuropsychiatric systemic lupus. ..
- Coléno Costes A, Jang S, de Vanssay A, Rougeot J, Bouceba T, Randsholt N, et al. New partners in regulation of gene expression: the enhancer of Trithorax and Polycomb Corto interacts with methylated ribosomal protein l12 via its chromodomain. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003006 pubmed publisher..We discuss whether pseudo-ribosomal complexes composed of various ribosomal proteins might participate in regulation of gene expression in connection with chromatin regulators. ..
- Chiaruttini C, Milet M, Hayes D, Expert Bezançon A. Crosslinking of ribosomal proteins S4, S5, S7, S8, S11, S12 and S18 to domains 1 and 2 of 16S rRNA in the Escherichia coli 30S particle. Biochimie. 1989;71:839-52 pubmed..These results are discussed in the light of current knowledge of the tertiary structure of 16S rRNA in the E. coli 30S ribosomal subunit. ..
- Hajnsdorf E, Steier O, Coscoy L, Teysset L, Regnier P. Roles of RNase E, RNase II and PNPase in the degradation of the rpsO transcripts of Escherichia coli: stabilizing function of RNase II and evidence for efficient degradation in an ams pnp rnb mutant. EMBO J. 1994;13:3368-77 pubmed..The enzyme(s) involved in this degradation pathway is not known. We detected an unstable elongated rpsO mRNA presumably resulting from the addition of nucleotides at the 3' end of the transcript. ..
- Suarez S, Ferroni A, Lotz A, Jolley K, Guerin P, Leto J, et al. Ribosomal proteins as biomarkers for bacterial identification by mass spectrometry in the clinical microbiology laboratory. J Microbiol Methods. 2013;94:390-6 pubmed publisher..Their detection by MALDI-TOF allows therefore a quick typing of N. meningitidis isolates. ..
- Ossareh Nazari B, Ni o C, Bengtson M, Lee J, Joazeiro C, Dargemont C. Ubiquitylation by the Ltn1 E3 ligase protects 60S ribosomes from starvation-induced selective autophagy. J Cell Biol. 2014;204:909-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ltn1 and Ubp3-Bre5 likely contribute to adapt ribophagy activity to both nutrient supply and protein translation...