Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on restriction mapping in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: restriction mapping
- Portier C, Dondon L, Grunberg Manago M. Translational autocontrol of the Escherichia coli ribosomal protein S15. J Mol Biol. 1990;211:407-14 pubmed..However, the creation of deletion mutations shows that the operator extends into the 5' non-coding part of the message, thus overlapping the ribosome loading site. ..
- Glaser P, Danchin A, Kunst F, Zuber P, Nakano M. Identification and isolation of a gene required for nitrate assimilation and anaerobic growth of Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:1112-5 pubmed..Analysis of mutants showed that narA but not narQ is required for both nitrate assimilation and respiration. ..
- Dramsi S, Kocks C, Forestier C, Cossart P. Internalin-mediated invasion of epithelial cells by Listeria monocytogenes is regulated by the bacterial growth state, temperature and the pleiotropic activator prfA. Mol Microbiol. 1993;9:931-41 pubmed..Internalin is also detected in substantial amounts in culture supernatants. Taken together, these data suggest that surface-bound internalin plays an important role in bacterial entry but do not exclude a role for the released form...
- Santana M, Ionescu M, Vertes A, Longin R, Kunst F, Danchin A, et al. Bacillus subtilis F0F1 ATPase: DNA sequence of the atp operon and characterization of atp mutants. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6802-11 pubmed..It therefore appears that B. subtilis and E. coli respond in similar ways to the absence of oxidative phosphorylation. ..
- Stern M, Soulier J, Rosenzwajg M, Nakahara K, Canki Klain N, Aurias A, et al. MTCP-1: a novel gene on the human chromosome Xq28 translocated to the T cell receptor alpha/delta locus in mature T cell proliferations. Oncogene. 1993;8:2475-83 pubmed..This gene, named MTCP-1 (Mature T Cell Proliferation-1) is the first candidate gene potentially involved in the leukemogenic process of mature T cell proliferations...
- Zucman J, Delattre O, Desmaze C, Epstein A, Stenman G, Speleman F, et al. EWS and ATF-1 gene fusion induced by t(12;22) translocation in malignant melanoma of soft parts. Nat Genet. 1993;4:341-5 pubmed..Thus the oncogenic conversion of EWS follows a common scheme of activation, exchanging its putative RNA binding domain with different DNA binding domains that appear to be tumour-specific. ..
- Gandrille S, Vidaud D, Emmerich J, Clauser E, Sie P, Fiessinger J, et al. Molecular basis for hereditary antithrombin III quantitative deficiencies: a stop codon in exon IIIa and a frameshift in exon VI. Br J Haematol. 1991;78:414-20 pubmed..It is concluded that in many cases the absence of AT III gene product probably results from point mutation, as previously observed for another serpin, alpha-1-antitrypsin. ..
- Derbise A, Dyke K, El Solh N. Characterization of a Staphylococcus aureus transposon, Tn5405, located within Tn5404 and carrying the aminoglycoside resistance genes, aphA-3 and aadE. Plasmid. 1996;35:174-88 pubmed..IS1182 was not detected in the DNA of 4 of the 17 tested MRSA isolates containing aphA-3 and resistant to streptomycin. Thus, aphA-3 and aadE genes are not disseminated only by Tn5405 or related transposons delimited by IS1182. ..
- Dode C, Weil D, Levilliers J, Crozet F, Chaib H, Levi Acobas F, et al. Sequence characterization of a newly identified human alpha-tubulin gene (TUBA2). Genomics. 1998;47:125-30 pubmed..However, the present data offer the possibility of testing the involvement of the TUBA2 gene in the Clouston hidrotic ectodermal dysplasia and the Kabuki syndrome, two genetic diseases that have recently been mapped to the 13q11 region. ..
- De Crecy Lagard V, Lejeune P, Bouvet O, Danchin A. Identification of two fructose transport and phosphorylation pathways in Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris. Mol Gen Genet. 1991;227:465-72 pubmed..The mutant strains also failed to utilize mannose, sucrose and mannitol, suggesting the existence of a branch point between the metabolism of fructose and of these latter carbohydrates. ..
- Gonzy Tréboul G, Karmazyn Campelli C, Stragier P. Developmental regulation of transcription of the Bacillus subtilis ftsAZ operon. J Mol Biol. 1992;224:967-79 pubmed..Therefore the post-exponential burst of synthesis of the FtsA and FtsZ proteins is not an absolute requirement for the successful completion of the asymmetric septum. ..
- Vazquez Boland J, Kocks C, Dramsi S, Ohayon H, Geoffroy C, Mengaud J, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the lecithinase operon of Listeria monocytogenes and possible role of lecithinase in cell-to-cell spread. Infect Immun. 1992;60:219-30 pubmed..ivanovii and L. seeligeri, and sequences hybridizing to ORFX, -Y, and -Z were found in L. innocua. In contrast to this, sequences hybridizing to ldh or ORFB were detected in all Listeria species (including the nonpathogenic ones)...
- Pantel J, Legendre M, Nivot S, Morisset S, Vie Luton M, Le Bouc Y, et al. Recessive isolated growth hormone deficiency and mutations in the ghrelin receptor. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009;94:4334-41 pubmed publisher..A204E mutation. ..
- Heard E, Simmler M, Larin Z, Rougeulle C, Courtier B, Lehrach H, et al. Physical mapping and YAC contig analysis of the region surrounding Xist on the mouse X chromosome. Genomics. 1993;15:559-69 pubmed
- Old I, Saint Girons I, Richaud C. Physical mapping of the scattered methionine genes on the Escherichia coli chromosome. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:3689-91 pubmed..The only linked genes are metK and metX at 63.6 min, metE and metR at 86.3 min, and the metJBLF gene cluster at 89 min. metBL form the only met operon. ..
- Transy C, Renard C, Buendia M. Analysis of integrated ground squirrel hepatitis virus and flanking host DNA in two hepatocellular carcinomas. J Virol. 1994;68:5291-5 pubmed..GSHV may thus cause carcinogenesis by more indirect mechanisms, as does the human hepatitis B virus...
- Rida S, Caillet J, Alix J. Amplification of a novel gene, sanA, abolishes a vancomycin-sensitive defect in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:94-102 pubmed..coli chromosome by homologous recombination, is perfectly viable, but after two generations at high temperature (43 degrees C), the barrier function of its envelope towards vancomycin is defective...
- Gessain A, Mahieux R, de The G. Genetic variability and molecular epidemiology of human and simian T cell leukemia/lymphoma virus type I. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1996;13 Suppl 1:S132-45 pubmed..While geographical subtypes vary from 2 to 8% between themselves, HTLV-I quasi-species present within an individual appear to be much lower, with a variability of < 0.5%...
- Danchin A, Krin E. Filling the gap between hns and adhE in Escherichia coli K12. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 4):959-60 pubmed..We report the sequence of the hns-adh region, at 27 min on the genome. ..
- Lesage P, Chiaruttini C, Graffe M, Dondon J, Milet M, Springer M. Messenger RNA secondary structure and translational coupling in the Escherichia coli operon encoding translation initiation factor IF3 and the ribosomal proteins, L35 and L20. J Mol Biol. 1992;228:366-86 pubmed
- Dardonville B, Raibaud O. Characterization of malT mutants that constitutively activate the maltose regulon of Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:1846-52 pubmed..Both proteins exhibited a fivefold-higher affinity for maltotriose than the wild-type protein did. ..
- Shazand K, Tucker J, Chiang R, Stansmore K, Sperling Petersen H, Grunberg Manago M, et al. Isolation and molecular genetic characterization of the Bacillus subtilis gene (infB) encoding protein synthesis initiation factor 2. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:2675-87 pubmed..subtilis chromosome, between the polC and spcB loci. This location is distinct from those of the other major ribosomal protein and rRNA gene clusters of B. subtilis. ..
- Michel E, Reich K, Favier R, Berche P, Cossart P. Attenuated mutants of the intracellular bacterium Listeria monocytogenes obtained by single amino acid substitutions in listeriolysin O. Mol Microbiol. 1990;4:2167-78 pubmed
- Baudry B, Kaczorek M, Sansonetti P. Nucleotide sequence of the invasion plasmid antigen B and C genes (ipaB and ipaC) of Shigella flexneri. Microb Pathog. 1988;4:345-57 pubmed..The surprising A and T richness of the three genes as compared with the Escherichia coli and Shigella genomes, resulted in a biased codon usage, and raises the question of the origin of the sequences. ..
- Mishra S, B guin P, Aubert J. Transcription of Clostridium thermocellum endoglucanase genes celF and celD. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:80-5 pubmed..Since growth was limited by the availability of cellobiose, the results suggest that the genes are regulated by a mechanism analogous to catabolite repression...
- Arondel V, Tchang F, Baillet B, Vignols F, Grellet F, Delseny M, et al. Multiple mRNA coding for phospholipid-transfer protein from Zea mays arise from alternative splicing. Gene. 1991;99:133-6 pubmed..This difference derived from the presence of the 74-bp insert. The possible existence of an alternative splicing mechanism that could introduce heterogeneity in the sequence of these proteins is proposed. ..
- Vanet A, Plumbridge J, Alix J. Cotranscription of two genes necessary for ribosomal protein L11 methylation (prmA) and pantothenate transport (panF) in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7178-88 pubmed..Although no promoter activity was detected immediately upstream of prmA, S1 mapping detected 5' ends of mRNA in this region, implying that some mRNA processing occurs within the bicistronic panF-prmA mRNA. ..
- Philipp W, Poulet S, Eiglmeier K, Pascopella L, Balasubramanian V, Heym B, et al. An integrated map of the genome of the tubercle bacillus, Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv, and comparison with Mycobacterium leprae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3132-7 pubmed..Repetitive sequences and insertion elements are highly abundant in M. tuberculosis, but the distribution of IS6110 is apparently nonrandom. ..
- Pellet P, Tsapis A, Brouet J. Alpha heavy chain disease of patient MAL: structure of the non-functional rearranged alpha gene translocated on chromosome 9. Eur J Immunol. 1990;20:2731-5 pubmed..e. alterations reminiscent of those occurring on the HCD productive genes...
- Vidal Ingigliardi D, Raibaud O. Three adjacent binding sites for cAMP receptor protein are involved in the activation of the divergent malEp-malKp promoters. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:229-33 pubmed..The participation of several adjacent bound CRP molecules in the activation of a promoter is an unprecedented observation and might involve molecular mechanisms quite different from those used in the other CRP-controlled promoters. ..
- Konrad M, Saunier S, Heidet L, Silbermann F, Benessy F, Calado J, et al. Large homozygous deletions of the 2q13 region are a major cause of juvenile nephronophthisis. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:367-71 pubmed..Our findings are also of major clinical interest, as they permit the diagnosis in the majority of sporadic cases without the need for kidney biopsy. ..
- Dupuy B, Pugsley A. Type IV prepilin peptidase gene of Neisseria gonorrhoeae MS11: presence of a related gene in other piliated and nonpiliated Neisseria strains. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:1323-31 pubmed..Finally, we show that genes homologous to pilDNg are present and expressed in a variety of species in the genus Neisseria, including some commensal strains. ..
- Jacquemin E, Halley C, Alterio J, Laurent M, Courtois Y, Jeanny J. Localization of acidic fibroblast growth factor (aFGF) mRNA in mouse and bovine retina by in situ hybridization. Neurosci Lett. 1990;116:23-8 pubmed..This synthesis of aFGF in highly specialized retinal cell types is discussed in the framework on current views about the role of FGF in retinal cell biology. ..
- Laalami S, Putzer H, Plumbridge J, Grunberg Manago M. A severely truncated form of translational initiation factor 2 supports growth of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1991;220:335-49 pubmed..This result suggests that the catalytic properties are localized in the C-terminal half of the protein, which includes the G-domain, and that this fragment is sufficient to complement the IF2 deficiency in the infB deletion strain. ..
- Allaoui A, M nard R, Sansonetti P, Parsot C. Characterization of the Shigella flexneri ipgD and ipgF genes, which are located in the proximal part of the mxi locus. Infect Immun. 1993;61:1707-14 pubmed..Analysis of concentrated culture supernatants of the wild-type and ipgD strains indicated that secretion of one polypeptide, whose size was consistent with that predicted for the IpgD protein (60 kDa), was abolished in the ipgD mutant...
- Yague E, Beguin P, Aubert J. Nucleotide sequence and deletion analysis of the cellulase-encoding gene celH of Clostridium thermocellum. Gene. 1990;89:61-7 pubmed..Production of truncated EGH in Escherichia coli was increased up to 120-fold by fusing fragments containing the 3' portion of the gene with the start of lacZ' present in pTZ19R. ..
- Ruat M, Traiffort E, Leurs R, Tardivel Lacombe J, Diaz J, Arrang J, et al. Molecular cloning, characterization, and localization of a high-affinity serotonin receptor (5-HT7) activating cAMP formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:8547-51 pubmed..g., pyramidal hippocampus cells, tenia tecta, amygdaloid, or mammillary nuclei), suggesting that the receptor mediates serotoninergic controls in functions like mood, learning, or neuroendocrine and vegetative behaviors. ..
- Vimont S, Dumontier S, Escuyer V, Berche P. The rfaD locus: a region of rearrangement in Vibrio cholerae O139. Gene. 1997;185:43-7 pubmed..cholerae O1, resulting in the emergence of V. cholerae O139. The putative source of exogenous DNA might have been V. cholerae O22, O141 and O155. ..
- De The H, Chomienne C, Lanotte M, Degos L, Dejean A. The t(15;17) translocation of acute promyelocytic leukaemia fuses the retinoic acid receptor alpha gene to a novel transcribed locus. Nature. 1990;347:558-61 pubmed..These findings strongly implicate retinoic acid receptor alpha in leukaemogenesis. ..
- De The H, Vivanco Ruiz M, Tiollais P, Stunnenberg H, Dejean A. Identification of a retinoic acid responsive element in the retinoic acid receptor beta gene. Nature. 1990;343:177-80 pubmed..Both alpha and beta receptors enhance retinoic acid response in CV1 cells, indicating that they can both act through the same DNA sequence. ..
- Kowarz L, Coynault C, Robbe Saule V, Norel F. The Salmonella typhimurium katF (rpoS) gene: cloning, nucleotide sequence, and regulation of spvR and spvABCD virulence plasmid genes. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6852-60 pubmed..typhimurium katF mutants of both wild-type and virulence plasmid-cured strains suggest that katF contributes to Salmonella virulence via the regulation of chromosomal genes in addition to that of spv genes. ..
- Capuano V, Braux A, Tandeau de Marsac N, Houmard J. The "anchor polypeptide" of cyanobacterial phycobilisomes. Molecular characterization of the Synechococcus sp. PCC 6301 apce gene. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:7239-47 pubmed..Finally, a model is proposed for the architecture of the phycobilisome core...
- Coen D. P element regulatory products enhance zeste repression of a P[white duplicated] transgene in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1990;126:949-60 pubmed..3]19DE in any backgrounds. P repression acts to reduce the amount of the major white transcript. This suggests that P regulatory products may act through cis-interactions at a distance of over 3 kb. ..
- Cox R, Weydert A, Barlow D, Buckingham M. Three linked myosin heavy chain genes clustered within 370 kb of each other show independent transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation during differentiation of a mouse muscle cell line. Dev Biol. 1991;143:36-43 pubmed..Post-transcriptional mechanisms also regulate cytoplasmic RNA accumulation of these MHC genes. ..
- Le Chalony C, Prosperi M, Haluza R, Apiou F, Dutrillaux B, Goubin G. The OZF gene encodes a protein consisting essentially of zinc finger motifs. J Mol Biol. 1994;236:399-404 pubmed..Thus, the OZF protein, which consists essentially of a DNA/RNA binding domain, may act as a tissue-specific modulator of gene expression. ..
- Bernard O, Mauchauffe M, Mecucci C, Van den Berghe H, Berger R. A novel gene, AF-1p, fused to HRX in t(1;11)(p32;q23), is not related to AF-4, AF-9 nor ENL. Oncogene. 1994;9:1039-45 pubmed..It is highly similar to the murine eps 15 gene product, which encodes a cytoplasmic phosphoprotein. Our data indicate that AF-1p defines another class of genes fused to HRX in 11q23 abnormalities. ..
- Vigon I, Florindo C, Fichelson S, Guenet J, Mattei M, Souyri M, et al. Characterization of the murine Mpl proto-oncogene, a member of the hematopoietic cytokine receptor family: molecular cloning, chromosomal location and evidence for a function in cell growth. Oncogene. 1993;8:2607-15 pubmed..This demonstrated that the cytoplasmic Mpl domain is most probably implicated in proliferative signal transduction. ..
- Burglen L, Lefebvre S, Clermont O, Burlet P, Viollet L, Cruaud C, et al. Structure and organization of the human survival motor neurone (SMN) gene. Genomics. 1996;32:479-82 pubmed..The availability of the human SMN and its highly homologous counterpart (CBCD541) gene structures and exon-intron boundaries will hopefully speed up the characterization of SMN gene mutations in SMA. ..
- Bennoun P, Delosme M, Kuck U. Mitochondrial genetics of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: resistance mutations marking the cytochrome b gene. Genetics. 1991;127:335-43 pubmed..On the average, a strong bias is seen for markers inherited from the mating type minus parent. ..
- Singer M, Courty Y, Rougeon F. Recent evolution of genes encoding the prohormone-like protein SMR1 in the rat submandibular gland. DNA Cell Biol. 1995;14:137-44 pubmed..norvegicus. From Southern blot analysis there appears that species-species modifications of VCSA gene copy number have occurred; R. rattus contains a greater VCSA1 copy number than R. norvegicus (two or three and one, respectively). ..
- Raymond Denise A, Guillen N. Identification of dinR, a DNA damage-inducible regulator gene of Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:7084-91 pubmed..In addition, DinR seems to regulate the expression of dinC, another SOS gene. ..
- Arrondel C, Deschenes G, Le Meur Y, Viau A, Cordonnier C, Fournier A, et al. A large tandem duplication within the COL4A5 gene is responsible for the high prevalence of Alport syndrome in French Polynesia. Kidney Int. 2004;65:2030-40 pubmed..Finally, we provide the basis for a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay that accurately identifies female carriers and allows adequate genetic counseling in this population. ..
- DiSanto J, Certain S, Wilson A, MacDonald H, Avner P, Fischer A, et al. The murine interleukin-2 receptor gamma chain gene: organization, chromosomal localization and expression in the adult thymus. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:3014-8 pubmed..Genomic clones for the murine IL-2R gamma will allow for further studies on the regulation and function of this gene in vivo. ..