Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein precursors in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: protein precursors
- BrÃ©chot N, HÃ©kimian G, Chastre J, Luyt C. Procalcitonin to guide antibiotic therapy in the ICU. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2015;46 Suppl 1:S19-24 pubmed publisher..When PCT falls to <0.5 ng/mL or >80% from its peak value, antibiotics for non-localised infections can safely be stopped. ..
- Phin S, Marchand Adam S, Fabre A, Marchal Sommé J, Bantsimba Malanda C, Kataoka H, et al. Imbalance in the pro-hepatocyte growth factor activation system in bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis in mice. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;42:286-93 pubmed publisher..By demonstrating an imbalance between HGFA and HAI-1 expression in BAL fluid, our results highlight a defective thrombin-dependent proHGF activation system at the fibrotic phase of bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. ..
- Dubos F, Moulin F, Gajdos V, de Suremain N, Biscardi S, Lebon P, et al. Serum procalcitonin and other biologic markers to distinguish between bacterial and aseptic meningitis. J Pediatr. 2006;149:72-6 pubmed..95 and 0.93, respectively. PCT and CSF protein had the best predictive value to distinguish between bacterial and aseptic meningitis in children. ..
- Lucotte G, Mercier G. The population distribution of the Met allele at the PRNP129 polymorphism (a high risk factor for Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease) in various regions of France and in West Europe. Infect Genet Evol. 2005;5:141-4 pubmed..We hypothesise that high Met 129 frequencies populations may be at higher risk for Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. ..
- Pillot C, Ortiz J, Héron A, Ridray S, Schwartz J, Arrang J. Ciproxifan, a histamine H3-receptor antagonist/inverse agonist, potentiates neurochemical and behavioral effects of haloperidol in the rat. J Neurosci. 2002;22:7272-80 pubmed..The potentiation of the effects of haloperidol by ciproxifan strengthens the potential interest of H3-receptor antagonists/inverse agonists to improve the symptomatic treatment of schizophrenia. ..
- Bruston F, Delbarre E, Ostlund C, Worman H, Buendia B, Duband Goulet I. Loss of a DNA binding site within the tail of prelamin A contributes to altered heterochromatin anchorage by progerin. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2999-3004 pubmed publisher..We show that progerin tail has a reduced DNA/chromatin binding capacity and modified trimethylated H3K27 binding pattern, offering a molecular mechanism for heterochromatin alterations related to HGPS. ..
- Konoshita T, Gasc J, Villard E, Takeda R, Seidah N, Corvol P, et al. Expression of PC2 and PC1/PC3 in human pheochromocytomas. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 1994;99:307-14 pubmed..These results demonstrate that functional Kex2-related endoproteases are expressed in human pheochromocytomas and may be involved in the processing of proenkephalin. ..
- Glaser P, Sakamoto H, Bellalou J, Ullmann A, Danchin A. Secretion of cyclolysin, the calmodulin-sensitive adenylate cyclase-haemolysin bifunctional protein of Bordetella pertussis. EMBO J. 1988;7:3997-4004 pubmed..coli alpha-haemolysin, requiring, in addition to the cyaB and cyaD gene products, the presence of a third gene product specified by the cyaE gene...
- Winsky Sommerer R, Grouselle D, Rougeot C, Laurent V, David J, Delacourte A, et al. The proprotein convertase PC2 is involved in the maturation of prosomatostatin to somatostatin-14 but not in the somatostatin deficit in Alzheimer's disease. Neuroscience. 2003;122:437-47 pubmed..Therefore, the cortical somatostatin defect is not due to convertase alteration occuring during Alzheimer's disease. Further studies will be needed to assess the mechanisms involved in somatostatin deficiency in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Chenevier Gobeaux C, Guerin S, Andre S, Ray P, Cynober L, Gestin S, et al. Midregional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide for the diagnosis of cardiac-related dyspnea according to renal function in the emergency department: a comparison with B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP. Clin Chem. 2010;56:1708-17 pubmed publisher..We evaluated the impact of renal function on MR-proANP concentrations and compared our results to those of BNP and NT-proBNP...
- Lechauve C, Jager M, Laguerre L, Kiger L, Correc G, Leroux C, et al. Neuroglobins, pivotal proteins associated with emerging neural systems and precursors of metazoan globin diversity. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:6957-67 pubmed publisher..e. convergent evolution). ..
- Polak M, Dechaume A, Cave H, Nimri R, Crosnier H, Sulmont V, et al. Heterozygous missense mutations in the insulin gene are linked to permanent diabetes appearing in the neonatal period or in early infancy: a report from the French ND (Neonatal Diabetes) Study Group. Diabetes. 2008;57:1115-9 pubmed publisher..Our study aimed to investigate the genetic anomalies and clinical heterogeneity in PND patients who are negative for a K(ATP) channel mutation...
- Montagné N, Soyez D, Gallois D, Ollivaux C, Toullec J. New insights into evolution of crustacean hyperglycaemic hormone in decapods--first characterization in Anomura. FEBS J. 2008;275:1039-52 pubmed publisher..Finally, the paraphyly of penaeid CHHs and the structural diversity of CPRPs are discussed...
- Delassus S, Sonigo P, Wain Hobson S. Genetic organization of gibbon ape leukemia virus. Virology. 1989;173:205-13 pubmed..Finally the GaLV sequence is indistinguishable from that of the fragments of SSAV available indicating that, in fact, SSAV is of gibbon origin. ..
- Lehmann Che J, Giron M, Delelis O, Lochelt M, Bittoun P, Tobaly Tapiero J, et al. Protease-dependent uncoating of a complex retrovirus. J Virol. 2005;79:9244-53 pubmed
- Leroy S, Adamsbaum C, Marc E, Moulin F, Raymond J, Gendrel D, et al. Procalcitonin as a predictor of vesicoureteral reflux in children with a first febrile urinary tract infection. Pediatrics. 2005;115:e706-9 pubmed..Because procalcitonin has been shown to be associated with severe pyelonephritis and renal scars, which are correlated to vesicoureteral reflux, we analyzed its relationship with vesicoureteral reflux...
- Riviere Y, Blank V, Kourilsky P, Israel A. Processing of the precursor of NF-kappa B by the HIV-1 protease during acute infection. Nature. 1991;350:625-6 pubmed..We show here that the HIV-1 protease can process p105 and increases levels of active nuclear NF-kappa B complex. ..
- Bani L, Pasquier V, Kryworuchko M, Salamero J, Theze J. Unstimulated human CD4 lymphocytes express a cytoplasmic immature form of the common cytokine receptor gamma-chain. J Immunol. 2001;167:344-9 pubmed..Furthermore, this supports the notion that expression of the functional form of gamma(c) may require intracellular interactions with lineage- or subset-specific molecular partners. ..
- Demangel C, Rouyre S, Alzari P, Nato F, Longacre S, Lafaye P, et al. Phage-displayed mimotopes elicit monoclonal antibodies specific for a malaria vaccine candidate. Biol Chem. 1998;379:65-70 pubmed..These data demonstrate that mimotopes selected from random repertoires do not necessarily represent structural equivalents of the original antigen but provide functional images that could replace it for vaccine development...
- Bele N, Darmon M, Coquet I, Feugeas J, Legriel S, Adaoui N, et al. Diagnostic accuracy of procalcitonin in critically ill immunocompromised patients. BMC Infect Dis. 2011;11:224 pubmed publisher..53-29.3; P = 0.0006). PCT concentrations were not significantly correlated with hospital mortality. Despite limited specificity in critically ill immunocompromised patients, PCT concentrations may help to rule out bacterial infection. ..
- Rougeot C, Vienet R, Cardona A, Le Doledec L, Grognet J, Rougeon F. Targets for SMR1-pentapeptide suggest a link between the circulating peptide and mineral transport. Am J Physiol. 1997;273:R1309-20 pubmed
- Lefèvre C, Auclair M, Boccara F, Bastard J, Capeau J, Vigouroux C, et al. Premature senescence of vascular cells is induced by HIV protease inhibitors: implication of prelamin A and reversion by statin. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2010;30:2611-20 pubmed publisher..Statin was associated with improved senescence in endothelial cells and patient PBMCs. Thus, PIs might promote vascular senescence in HIV-infected patients; and statins might exert beneficial effects in these patients. ..
- Hausfater P, Brochet C, Freund Y, Charles V, Bernard M. Procalcitonin measurement in routine emergency medicine practice: comparison between two immunoassays. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2010;48:501-4 pubmed publisher..25 microg/L, the kappa coefficient was >0.80. A highly significant correlation was observed between the two automated assays. Procalcitonin concentrations obtained from both methods led to the same clinical interpretation. ..
- Bouadma L, Luyt C, Tubach F, Cracco C, Alvarez A, Schwebel C, et al. Use of procalcitonin to reduce patients' exposure to antibiotics in intensive care units (PRORATA trial): a multicentre randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2010;375:463-74 pubmed publisher..Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris, France, and Brahms, Germany. ..
- Delhomme B, Djian P. Expansion of mouse involucrin by intra-allelic repeat addition. Gene. 2000;252:195-207 pubmed..Expansion of the segment of repeats of the gene for mouse involucrin must result from an intra-allelic process controlled by a cis-acting element, active in one class of alleles, and inactive in the other. ..
- Pugsley A, Kornacker M, Poquet I. The general protein-export pathway is directly required for extracellular pullulanase secretion in Escherichia coli K12. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:343-52 pubmed
- Belkai E, Scherrmann J, Noble F, Marie Claire C. Modulation of MDMA-induced behavioral and transcriptional effects by the delta opioid antagonist naltrindole in mice. Addict Biol. 2009;14:245-52 pubmed publisher..The observed increase was totally blocked by NTI pre-treatment. All these results confirm the interactions between the delta opioid system (receptors and peptides) and the effects of MDMA. ..
- Vouldoukis I, Lacan D, Kamate C, Coste P, Calenda A, Mazier D, et al. Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of a Cucumis melo LC. extract rich in superoxide dismutase activity. J Ethnopharmacol. 2004;94:67-75 pubmed
- Bouhss A, Josseaume N, Allanic D, Crouvoisier M, Gutmann L, Mainardi J, et al. Identification of the UDP-MurNAc-pentapeptide:L-alanine ligase for synthesis of branched peptidoglycan precursors in Enterococcus faecalis. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:5122-7 pubmed..The ligase belonged to the Fem family of proteins, which were initially identified genetically as factors essential for methicillin resistance in Staphylococcus aureus...
- Martin A, Escriou N, Chao S, Girard M, Lemon S, Wychowski C. Identification and site-directed mutagenesis of the primary (2A/2B) cleavage site of the hepatitis A virus polyprotein: functional impact on the infectivity of HAV RNA transcripts. Virology. 1995;213:213-22 pubmed..Arg substitution abolished cleavage and was lethal to HAV replication. In addition to identifying the site of the primary HAV polyprotein cleavage, these results shed light on the in vivo specificities of the HAV 3C protease. ..
- Evers S, Reynolds P, Courvalin P. Sequence of the vanB and ddl genes encoding D-alanine:D-lactate and D-alanine:D-alanine ligases in vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis V583. Gene. 1994;140:97-102 pubmed..After induction of VmR, En. faecalis V583 synthesized the cell wall precursor, UDP-N-acetylmuramyl-tetrapeptide-D-lactate, indicating that the mechanism of glycopeptide resistance in strains with the VanA and VanB phenotype is similar. ..
- Hassainya Y, Garcia Pons F, Kratzer R, Lindo V, Greer F, Lemonnier F, et al. Identification of naturally processed HLA-A2--restricted proinsulin epitopes by reverse immunology. Diabetes. 2005;54:2053-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate the power of reverse immunology approaches. Moreover, the novel epitopes may be of significant interest in monitoring autoreactive T-cells in type 1 diabetes...
- Giros B, Pohl M, Rochelle J, Seldin M. Chromosomal localization of opioid peptide and receptor genes in the mouse. Life Sci. 1995;56:PL369-75 pubmed..Interestingly, the gene for the mu receptor is located in the same region as a Quantitative Trait Locus for high morphine consumption, thus raising the possibility of its direct role in drug abuse mechanisms. ..
- Ray P, Badarou Acossi G, Viallon A, Boutoille D, Arthaud M, Trystram D, et al. Accuracy of the cerebrospinal fluid results to differentiate bacterial from non bacterial meningitis, in case of negative gram-stained smear. Am J Emerg Med. 2007;25:179-84 pubmed..05 vs CRP), respectively. CSF results have a modest role in distinguishing BM from NBM in a negative Gram stain for bacteria. PCT serum levels seem to be an excellent predictor of BM. ..
- Courty Y, Rosinski Chupin I, Rougeon F. Various transcripts are generated from the VCSA1 gene by alternative splicing and poly(A) processing in the rat submandibular gland. Gene. 1995;162:291-6 pubmed..Run-on experiments reveal that almost all transcription proceeds several hundred bp downstream from the poly(A) site corresponding to VCSA1*1T1.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Tronik Le Roux D, Señorale Pose M, Rougeon F. Three novel SMR1-related cDNAs characterized in the submaxillary gland of mice show extensive evolutionary divergence in the protein coding region. Gene. 1994;142:175-82 pubmed..The unusually high ratio of replacement/silent nt changes provides a basis to address complex aspects concerning the molecular events leading to the emergence of new proteins in the SMG. ..
- Djian P, Delhomme B. Systematic repeat addition at a precise location in the coding region of the involucrin gene of wild mice reveals their phylogeny. Genetics. 2005;169:2199-208 pubmed..Because the repeat pattern differs in closely related murine taxa, involucrin reveals with greater sensitivity than random nucleotide substitutions the evolutionary relations of the mouse and probably of all murids. ..
- Thieblemont N, Haeffner Cavaillon N, Weiss L, Maillet F, Kazatchkine M. Complement activation by gp160 glycoprotein of HIV-1. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1993;9:229-33 pubmed..These results provide a basis for C3-mediated facilitation of viral entry into target cells expressing receptors for fragments of human C3. ..
- Bourgeois C, Robert B, Rebourcet R, Mondon F, Mignot T, Duc Goiran P, et al. Endothelin-1 and ETA receptor expression in vascular smooth muscle cells from human placenta: a new ETA receptor messenger ribonucleic acid is generated by alternative splicing of exon 3. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;82:3116-23 pubmed..PVSMCs will be a useful model to study the environmental stimuli involved in the regulation of ET and ET-R expression in the muscular layer of feto-placental vasculature. ..
- Surena A, de Faria G, Studler J, Peiretti F, Pidoux M, Camonis J, et al. DLG1/SAP97 modulates transforming growth factor alpha bioavailability. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009;1793:264-72 pubmed publisher..These results show that DLG1 participates in the control of TGFalpha bioavailability through its dynamic interaction with the growth factor precursor and TACE. ..
- Chenevier Gobeaux C, Trabattoni E, Elfassy Y, Picard C, Guerin S, Borderie D, et al. Decisional procalcitonin thresholds are not adapted to elderly patients admitted to the emergency room. Biomarkers. 2012;17:477-81 pubmed publisher..Baseline procalcitonin levels are increased in elderly. Elevated values are common and associated to low-grade inflammation and lower eGFR. ..
- Bouligand J, Ghervan C, Tello J, Brailly Tabard S, Salenave S, Chanson P, et al. Isolated familial hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and a GNRH1 mutation. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:2742-8 pubmed publisher..This isolated autosomal recessive GnRH deficiency, reversed by pulsatile GnRH administration, shows the pivotal role of GnRH in human reproduction. ..
- Claessens Y, Schmidt J, Batard E, Grabar S, Jegou D, Hausfater P, et al. Can C-reactive protein, procalcitonin and mid-regional pro-atrial natriuretic peptide measurements guide choice of in-patient or out-patient care in acute pyelonephritis? Biomarkers In Sepsis (BIS) multicentre study. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2010;16:753-60 pubmed publisher..Our results did not support the use of these markers to help physicians in deciding about admission of patients experiencing acute pyelonephritis in daily practice...
- Fenouillet E, Gluckman J. Effect of a glucosidase inhibitor on the bioactivity and immunoreactivity of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 envelope glycoprotein. J Gen Virol. 1991;72 ( Pt 8):1919-26 pubmed..Such bioactivity and conformation modifications, which result from the abnormal folding of the nascent glycoprotein due to aberrant glycosylation, may account for the impaired HIV-1 infectivity elicited by dNM. ..
- Baloui H, von Boxberg Y, Vinh J, Weiss S, Rossier J, Nothias F, et al. Cellular prion protein/laminin receptor: distribution in adult central nervous system and characterization of an isoform associated with a subtype of cortical neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2605-16 pubmed..Our demonstration of local differences in the expression of particular LRP/LR isoforms may be a first step towards unraveling their specific molecular interactions. ..
- Duvillie B, Bucchini D, Tang T, Jami J, Paldi A. Imprinting at the mouse Ins2 locus: evidence for cis- and trans-allelic interactions. Genomics. 1998;47:52-7 pubmed..In addition, our data suggest that the two parental alleles may "communicate" with each other and influence the transcription at the locus. ..
- Saint Ruf C, Lechner O, Feinberg J, von Boehmer H. Genomic structure of the human pre-T cell receptor alpha chain and expression of two mRNA isoforms. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:3824-31 pubmed..The conserved splice sites suggest a yet ill-defined biological function of the short pTalpha protein. ..
- Lapierre M, Siegfried G, Scamuffa N, Bontemps Y, Calvo F, Seidah N, et al. Opposing function of the proprotein convertases furin and PACE4 on breast cancer cells' malignant phenotypes: role of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase-1. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9030-4 pubmed..Taken together, these data showed the specific and opposing roles of Furin and PACE4 in the regulation of MMP-9/TIMP-1-mediated cell motility and invasion. ..
- Perier C, Marin C, Jimenez A, Bonastre M, Tolosa E, Hirsch E. Effect of subthalamic nucleus or entopeduncular nucleus lesion on levodopa-induced neurochemical changes within the basal ganglia and on levodopa-induced motor alterations in 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats. J Neurochem. 2003;86:1328-37 pubmed..Our study thus shows that lesion of the EP or STN may counteract some of the neurochemical changes induced by levodopa treatment within the striatum. ..
- Elsevier S, Noiran J, Carre Eusebe D. Processing of the precursor of protamine P2 in mouse. Identification of intermediates by their insolubility in the presence of sodium dodecyl sulfate. Eur J Biochem. 1991;196:167-75 pubmed..Conclusions concerning the kinetics of processing have, in addition, been drawn from this data. Hypotheses concerning possible functional roles played by the precursor are presented. ..
- Papagerakis P, Berdal A, Mesbah M, Peuchmaur M, Malaval L, Nydegger J, et al. Investigation of osteocalcin, osteonectin, and dentin sialophosphoprotein in developing human teeth. Bone. 2002;30:377-85 pubmed..e., amelogenin, dentin matrix protein-1) and/or to the polarized organization of odontoblast secretion as compared with osteoblasts. ..
- Singer M, Courty Y, Rougeon F. Recent evolution of genes encoding the prohormone-like protein SMR1 in the rat submandibular gland. DNA Cell Biol. 1995;14:137-44 pubmed..norvegicus. From Southern blot analysis there appears that species-species modifications of VCSA gene copy number have occurred; R. rattus contains a greater VCSA1 copy number than R. norvegicus (two or three and one, respectively). ..
- Sahly I, Dufour E, Schietroma C, Michel V, Bahloul A, Perfettini I, et al. Localization of Usher 1 proteins to the photoreceptor calyceal processes, which are absent from mice. J Cell Biol. 2012;199:381-99 pubmed publisher..We suggest that USH1 proteins form an adhesion belt around the basolateral region of the photoreceptor outer segment in humans, and that defects in this structure cause the retinal degeneration in USH1 patients. ..
- Fenouillet E, Gluckman J, Jones I. Functions of HIV envelope glycans. Trends Biochem Sci. 1994;19:65-70 pubmed..As a model for studying glycan function and as a target for antiviral therapy, gp160 represents a unique candidate. ..
- Gonzalez J, Bowen M, Nichol S, Rico Hesse R. Genetic characterization and phylogeny of Sabiá virus, an emergent pathogen in Brazil. Virology. 1996;221:318-24 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis of a portion of the N gene sequence confirmed that Sabiá virus is distinct from all other members of the Arenaviridae and shares a progenitor with Junin, Machupo, Tacaribe, and Guanarito viruses...
- Bouligand J, Ghervan C, Guiochon Mantel A, Young J. Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and GNRH1 mutations in mice and humans. Front Horm Res. 2010;39:111-20 pubmed publisher..This was finally demonstrated in 2009. ..
- Moulin F, Raymond J, Lorrot M, Marc E, Coste J, Iniguez J, et al. Procalcitonin in children admitted to hospital with community acquired pneumonia. Arch Dis Child. 2001;84:332-6 pubmed..To assess the sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of procalcitonin (PCT) in differentiating bacterial and viral causes of pneumonia...
- Benjelloun Touimi Z, Sansonetti P, Parsot C. SepA, the major extracellular protein of Shigella flexneri: autonomous secretion and involvement in tissue invasion. Mol Microbiol. 1995;17:123-35 pubmed..However, in the rabbit ligated ileal loop model, the sepA mutant exhibited an attenuated virulence, which suggests that SepA might play a role in tissue invasion...
- Rosinski Chupin I, Tronik D, Rougeon F. High level of accumulation of a mRNA coding for a precursor-like protein in the submaxillary gland of male rats. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1988;85:8553-7 pubmed..Southern blot analysis indicates the presence of three genes in rats but only one in mice. Hypotheses on the physiological role of SMR1-derived peptides in male rats are discussed. ..
- Le Duff Y, Blanchet M, Sureau C. The pre-S1 and antigenic loop infectivity determinants of the hepatitis B virus envelope proteins are functionally independent. J Virol. 2009;83:12443-51 pubmed publisher..Finally, we showed that C147S, an AGL infectivity-deficient substitution, exerted a dominant-negative effect on infectivity, likely reflecting an involvement of C147 in intermolecular disulfide bonds...
- Terraz C, Brideau G, Ronco P, Rossert J. A combination of cis-acting elements is required to activate the pro-alpha 1(I) collagen promoter in tendon fibroblasts of transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19019-26 pubmed..Thus, expression of the mouse pro-alpha1(I) collagen gene in tendon fibroblasts appears to be the result of a unique combination of different cis-acting elements, including TSE1 and TSE2. ..
- Simon S, Cooper P, Smith A, Picard B, Ifi C, Berdal A. Evaluation of a new laboratory model for pulp healing: preliminary study. Int Endod J. 2008;41:781-90 pubmed publisher..To assess the feasibility of using the mouse as an in vivo model for studying pulpal healing in response to restorative procedures...
- Blanchet M, Sureau C. Infectivity determinants of the hepatitis B virus pre-S domain are confined to the N-terminal 75 amino acid residues. J Virol. 2007;81:5841-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results demonstrate that the activity of the pre-S domain at viral entry solely depends on the integrity of its first 75 amino acids and thus excludes any function of the matrix domain or TLM...
- Rougeot C, Rosinski Chupin I, Njamkepo E, Rougeon F. Selective processing of submandibular rat 1 protein at dibasic cleavage sites. Salivary and bloodstream secretion products. Eur J Biochem. 1994;219:765-73 pubmed
- Roperch J, Incitti R, Forbin S, Bard F, Mansour H, Mesli F, et al. Aberrant methylation of NPY, PENK, and WIF1 as a promising marker for blood-based diagnosis of colorectal cancer. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:566 pubmed publisher..This panel of markers, if validated, can also be a cost effective screening tool for the detection of asymptomatic cancer patients for colonoscopy. ..
- Rosinski Chupin I, Rougeon F. The gene encoding SMR1, a precursor-like polypeptide of the male rat submaxillary gland, has the same organization as the preprothyrotropin-releasing hormone gene. DNA Cell Biol. 1990;9:553-9 pubmed..The sequence analysis revealed the presence of alternating purine-pyrimidine tracts and of purine-rich sequences. In addition, some sequences which could be involved in the regulation of SMR1 gene expression were identified. ..
- Hivroz C, Mazerolles F, Soula M, Fagard R, Graton S, Meloche S, et al. Human immunodeficiency virus gp120 and derived peptides activate protein tyrosine kinase p56lck in human CD4 T lymphocytes. Eur J Immunol. 1993;23:600-7 pubmed..This activation led to a specific pattern of tyrosine phosphorylation on cellular proteins that may be of significance in the biological effects of the gp120/CD4 interaction, e.g. syncytium formation and inhibition of T cell activation. ..
- Adib Conquy M, Monchi M, Goulenok C, Laurent I, Thuong M, Cavaillon J, et al. Increased plasma levels of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 1 and procalcitonin after cardiac surgery and cardiac arrest without infection. Shock. 2007;28:406-10 pubmed..In conclusion, sTREM-1 and PCT are not specific for infection and can increase markedly in acute inflammation without infection. ..