Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Publications310 found, 100 shown here
- Durand N, Carot Sans G, Chertemps T, Montagne N, Jacquin Joly E, Debernard S, et al. A diversity of putative carboxylesterases are expressed in the antennae of the noctuid moth Spodoptera littoralis. Insect Mol Biol. 2010;19:87-97 pubmed publisher..This high esterase diversity suggested that the antennae are the location for intense esterase-based metabolism, against potentially a large range of exogenous and endogenous molecules. ..
- Touchon M, Rocha E. The small, slow and specialized CRISPR and anti-CRISPR of Escherichia and Salmonella. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11126 pubmed publisher..Since we observe purifying selection for the maintenance of CRISPR these results suggest that alternative evolutionary roles for CRISPR remain to be uncovered. ..
- Chenal Francisque V, Lopez J, Cantinelli T, Caro V, Tran C, Leclercq A, et al. Worldwide distribution of major clones of Listeria monocytogenes. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:1110-2 pubmed publisher..Cosmopolitan distribution indicates the need for genotyping standardization. ..
- Danchin A. Phylogeny of adenylyl cyclases. Adv Second Messenger Phosphoprotein Res. 1993;27:109-62 pubmed
- Quévrain E, Domart Coulon I, Pernice M, Bourguet Kondracki M. Novel natural parabens produced by a Microbulbifer bacterium in its calcareous sponge host Leuconia nivea. Environ Microbiol. 2009;11:1527-39 pubmed publisher..Co-detection in the sponge host of both paraben metabolites and Microbulbifer sp. L4-n2 indicates, for the first time, production of natural parabens in a sponge host, which may have an ecological role as chemical mediators. ..
- Lavergne A, de Thoisy B, Tirera S, Donato D, Bouchier C, Catzeflis F, et al. Identification of lymphocytic choriomeningitis mammarenavirus in house mouse (Mus musculus, Rodentia) in French Guiana. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;37:225-30 pubmed publisher..These results emphasize the need for active surveillance in humans as well as in house mouse populations, which is a rather common rodent in French Guianese cities and settlements. ..
- de Pontual L, Nepote V, Attie Bitach T, Al Halabiah H, Trang H, Elghouzzi V, et al. Noradrenergic neuronal development is impaired by mutation of the proneural HASH-1 gene in congenital central hypoventilation syndrome (Ondine's curse). Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:3173-80 pubmed
- Orgogozo V, Schweisguth F. Evolution of the larval peripheral nervous system in Drosophila species has involved a change in sensory cell lineage. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:442-52 pubmed..Our analysis of sensory organ development in D. busckii suggests that this specific loss resulted from a transformation in cell lineage, from a multidendritic-neuron-external-sensory-organ lineage to a multidendritic-neuron-solo lineage...
- Silve C, Petrel C, Leroy C, Bruel H, Mallet E, Rognan D, et al. Delineating a Ca2+ binding pocket within the venus flytrap module of the human calcium-sensing receptor. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:37917-23 pubmed..Altogether, these data define a Ca(2+) binding pocket within the CaSR VFTM that may be conserved in several other class III GPCRs, thereby providing a molecular basis for extracellular Ca(2+) sensing by these receptors. ..
- Filion G, Zhenilo S, Salozhin S, Yamada D, Prokhortchouk E, Defossez P. A family of human zinc finger proteins that bind methylated DNA and repress transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:169-81 pubmed..Like proteins of the MBD family, they are able to repress transcription in a methyl-dependent manner, yet their tissue-specific expression pattern suggests nonoverlapping functions. ..
- Bonneaud C, Pérez Tris J, Federici P, Chastel O, Sorci G. Major histocompatibility alleles associated with local resistance to malaria in a passerine. Evolution. 2006;60:383-9 pubmed..This is the first evidence for a population-specific genetic control of resistance to malaria in a wild species. ..
- Leruez Ville M, Chardin Ouachée M, Neven B, Picard C, Le Guinche I, Fischer A, et al. Description of an adenovirus A31 outbreak in a paediatric haematology unit. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006;38:23-8 pubmed..Timing, location and hexon gene genotyping results highly suggested a nosocomial origin to this epidemic. The burden of adenovirus A31 infection needs to be further assessed in this context. ..
- Clermont D, Diard S, Bouchier C, Vivier C, Bimet F, Motreff L, et al. Microbacterium binotii sp. nov., isolated from human blood. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2009;59:1016-22 pubmed publisher..Based on phenotypic and genotypic results, it is proposed that strains CIP 101303(T) and CIP 102116 be assigned to a novel species, Microbacterium binotii sp. nov. The type strain is CIP 101303(T) (=DSM 19164(T)). ..
- Michel A, Clermont O, Denamur E, Tenaillon O. Bacteriophage PhiX174's ecological niche and the flexibility of its Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide receptor. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:7310-3 pubmed publisher..Further analysis of E. coli K-12 LPS mutants revealed that PhiX174 can use a wide diversity of LPS structures to initiate its infectious process. ..
- Desdouits M, Cassar O, Maisonobe T, Desrames A, Aouba A, Hermine O, et al. HTLV-1-associated inflammatory myopathies: low proviral load and moderate inflammation in 13 patients from West Indies and West Africa. J Clin Virol. 2013;57:70-6 pubmed publisher..We show here that muscle inflammation is moderate in HAIM, and accompanied by a low HTLV-1 proviral load, suggesting that the pathogenetic events do not exactly mirror those of other HTLV-1-associated inflammatory diseases. ..
- Condon C. Shutdown decay of mRNA. Mol Microbiol. 2006;61:573-83 pubmed..In this review, I discuss the recent developments in the rapidly expanding field of what I refer to as bacterial shutdown decay. ..
- Langenfeld A, Prado S, Nay B, Cruaud C, Lacoste S, Bury E, et al. Geographic locality greatly influences fungal endophyte communities in Cephalotaxus harringtonia. Fungal Biol. 2013;117:124-36 pubmed publisher..Locally, urban environment, particularly in Japan, may have introduced some perturbations in the native endophyte community of C. harringtonia, with an abundance of generalist fungi such as Nigrospora and Colletotrichum...
- Lourenço W, Pham D. First record of a cave species of Euscorpiops Vachon from Viet Nam (Scorpiones, Euscorpiidae, Scorpiopinae). C R Biol. 2013;336:370-4 pubmed publisher..The new species presents most features exhibited by scorpions within the genus Euscorpiops, however it may represent the first discovered Scorpiopinae species exhibiting certain adaptations to cave life. ..
- Delarbre C, Barriel V, Tillier S, Janvier P, Gachelin G. The main features of the craniate mitochondrial DNA between the ND1 and the COI genes were established in the common ancestor with the lancelet. Mol Biol Evol. 1997;14:807-13 pubmed..In contrast, it was found in the dogfish. Thus the position of Ori-L was established for the first time in the common ancestor to the Chondrichthyes and Osteichthyes and remained present in all later-emerging vertebrates...
- Volobouev V, Aniskin V, Lecompte E, Ducroz J. Patterns of karyotype evolution in complexes of sibling species within three genera of African murid rodents inferred from the comparison of cytogenetic and molecular data. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2002;96:261-75 pubmed
- Golfier G, Chibon F, Aurias A, Chen X, Korenberg J, Rossier J, et al. The 200-kb segmental duplication on human chromosome 21 originates from a pericentromeric dissemination involving human chromosomes 2, 18 and 13. Gene. 2003;312:51-9 pubmed..1. The degree of dissemination varies among species. ..
- Lecompte E, Aplin K, Denys C, Catzeflis F, Chades M, Chevret P. Phylogeny and biogeography of African Murinae based on mitochondrial and nuclear gene sequences, with a new tribal classification of the subfamily. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:199 pubmed publisher..We also reconstruct the phylogenetic structure of the Murinae, and propose a new classification at tribal level for this traditionally problematic group. ..
- Chiori R, Jager M, Denker E, Wincker P, Da Silva C, Le Guyader H, et al. Are Hox genes ancestrally involved in axial patterning? Evidence from the hydrozoan Clytia hemisphaerica (Cnidaria). PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4231 pubmed publisher..The most parsimonious interpretation is that the Hox code, collinearity and conservative role along the antero-posterior axis are bilaterian innovations. ..
- Yassin A, Amédégnato C, Cruaud C, Veuille M. Molecular taxonomy and species delimitation in Andean Schistocerca (Orthoptera: Acrididae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2009;53:404-11 pubmed publisher..Because of its behavioral property which tends to keep it panmictic, the identification of the swarming S. interrita remained unaffected. ..
- Brisse S, Diancourt L, Laouénan C, Vigan M, Caro V, Arlet G, et al. Phylogenetic distribution of CTX-M- and non-extended-spectrum-?-lactamase-producing Escherichia coli isolates: group B2 isolates, except clone ST131, rarely produce CTX-M enzymes. J Clin Microbiol. 2012;50:2974-81 pubmed
- Raymann K, Bobay L, Doak T, Lynch M, Gribaldo S. A genomic survey of Reb homologs suggests widespread occurrence of R-bodies in proteobacteria. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:505-16 pubmed publisher..The potential involvement of R-bodies in as yet unexplored interactions with eukaryotes and the consequent ecological implications are discussed. ..
- Even S, Pellegrini O, Zig L, Labas V, Vinh J, Bréchemmier Baey D, et al. Ribonucleases J1 and J2: two novel endoribonucleases in B.subtilis with functional homology to E.coli RNase E. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:2141-52 pubmed..RNases J1/J2 appear to be implicated in regulatory processing/maturation of specific mRNAs, such as the T-box family members thrS and thrZ, but may also contribute to global mRNA degradation. ..
- Vuillaumier S, Kaltenboeck B, Lecointre G, Lehn P, Denamur E. Phylogenetic analysis of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene in mammalian species argues for the development of a rabbit model for cystic fibrosis. Mol Biol Evol. 1997;14:372-80 pubmed
- Feurer C, Clermont D, Bimet F, Candréa A, Jackson M, Glaser P, et al. Taxonomic characterization of nine strains isolated from clinical and environmental specimens, and proposal of Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum sp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1055-61 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain of C. tuberculostearicum is Medalle XT (=LDC-20T=CIP 107291T=CCUG 45418T=ATCC 35529T). ..
- Krief S, Escalante A, Pacheco M, Mugisha L, André C, Halbwax M, et al. On the diversity of malaria parasites in African apes and the origin of Plasmodium falciparum from Bonobos. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000765 pubmed publisher..Finally, our data and that of others indicated that chimpanzees and bonobos maintain malaria parasites, to which humans are susceptible, a factor of some relevance to the renewed efforts to eradicate malaria...
- Guillière F, Danioux C, Jaubert C, Desnoues N, Delepierre M, Prangishvili D, et al. Solution structure of an archaeal DNA binding protein with an eukaryotic zinc finger fold. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52908 pubmed publisher..The AFV1p06 protein family has homologues in diverse viruses of hyperthermophilic archaea. A phylogenetic analysis points out a common origin of archaeal and eukaryotic C2H2 zinc fingers. ..
- Duperron S, Fiala Médioni A, Caprais J, Olu K, Sibuet M. Evidence for chemoautotrophic symbiosis in a Mediterranean cold seep clam (Bivalvia: Lucinidae): comparative sequence analysis of bacterial 16S rRNA, APS reductase and RubisCO genes. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2007;59:64-70 pubmed
- Milon L, Rousseau Merck M, Munier A, Erent M, Lascu I, Capeau J, et al. nm23-H4, a new member of the family of human nm23/nucleoside diphosphate kinase genes localised on chromosome 16p13. Hum Genet. 1997;99:550-7 pubmed..Nm23-H4 naturally possesses the Pro-Ser substitution equivalent to the K-pn mutation (P97S) of Drosophila. ..
- Duperron S, Halary S, Lorion J, Sibuet M, Gaill F. Unexpected co-occurrence of six bacterial symbionts in the gills of the cold seep mussel Idas sp. (Bivalvia: Mytilidae). Environ Microbiol. 2008;10:433-45 pubmed
- Skurnik D, Clermont O, Guillard T, Launay A, Danilchanka O, Pons S, et al. Emergence of Antimicrobial-Resistant Escherichia coli of Animal Origin Spreading in Humans. Mol Biol Evol. 2016;33:898-914 pubmed publisher..coli clonal complex of animal origin capable of spreading antimicrobial resistance to other members of microbial communities. ..
- Depaulis F, Orlando L, Hänni C. Using classical population genetics tools with heterochroneous data: time matters!. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5541 pubmed publisher..We therefore argue for systematically considering heterochroneous models when analyzing heterochroneous samples covering a large time scale. ..
- Gonzalez J, Sanchez A, Rico Hesse R. Molecular phylogeny of Guanarito virus, an emerging arenavirus affecting humans. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1995;53:1-6 pubmed..Along with its host restriction and focal distribution, our data support the hypothesis that this virus has been evolving independently in its endemic focus, for some time. ..
- Maïbèche Coisne M, Monti Dedieu L, Aragon S, Dauphin Villemant C. A new cytochrome P450 from Drosophila melanogaster, CYP4G15, expressed in the nervous system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;273:1132-7 pubmed..This is the first indication of a specific P450 expressed in the central nervous system of Drosophila, and the putative function of the corresponding enzyme is discussed. ..
- De Bruyne A, Yera H, Le Guerhier F, Boireau P, Dupouy Camet J. Simple species identification of Trichinella isolates by amplification and sequencing of the 5S ribosomal DNA intergenic spacer region. Vet Parasitol. 2005;132:57-61 pubmed..britovi and T. nativa. This method permits rapid species identification of Trichinella isolates; however, further evaluation is required before recommending this approach for routine use. ..
- Nguembock B, Fjelds J, Couloux A, Pasquet E. Molecular phylogeny of Carduelinae (Aves, Passeriformes, Fringillidae) proves polyphyletic origin of the genera Serinus and Carduelis and suggests redefined generic limits. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2009;51:169-81 pubmed publisher..Some of these cases need a further phylogeographical study with a denser geographical sampling but for the case the most noteworthy, that of Serinus burtoni, we suggest a taxonomic change in this study...
- Loe Mie Y, Lepagnol Bestel A, Maussion G, Doron Faigenboim A, Imbeaud S, Delacroix H, et al. SMARCA2 and other genome-wide supported schizophrenia-associated genes: regulation by REST/NRSF, network organization and primate-specific evolution. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2841-57 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data identify the SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex as a key component of the genetic architecture of SZ. ..
- ..phangorn can be obtained through the CRAN homepage http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/phangorn/index.html. phangorn is licensed under GPL 2. ..
- LourenÃ§o W. The genus Vietbocap LourenÃ§o & Pham, 2010 (Scorpiones: Pseudochactidae); proposition of a new subfamily and description of a new species from Laos. C R Biol. 2012;335:232-7 pubmed publisher..Taking into account some marked differences between Vietbocap and the other two pseudochactid genera, a new subfamily, Vietbocapinae subfam. n., is proposed to accommodate this genus. ..
- Basmaci R, Yagupsky P, Ilharreborde B, Guyot K, Porat N, Chomton M, et al. Multilocus sequence typing and rtxA toxin gene sequencing analysis of Kingella kingae isolates demonstrates genetic diversity and international clones. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38078 pubmed publisher..Kingella kingae, a normal component of the upper respiratory flora, is being increasingly recognized as an important invasive pathogen in young children. Genetic diversity of this species has not been studied...
- Fuchs J, Pons J, Liu L, Ericson P, Couloux A, Pasquet E. A multi-locus phylogeny suggests an ancient hybridization event between Campephilus and melanerpine woodpeckers (Aves: Picidae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2013;67:578-88 pubmed publisher..Yet, further work with a denser sampling of loci is necessary to evaluate the extant of the Sphyrapicus/Melanerpes lineage nuclear genome that introgressed into the Campephilus genome. ..
- Mahieux R, Pecon Slattery J, Gessain A. Molecular characterization and phylogenetic analyses of a new, highly divergent simian T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 (STLV-1marc1) in Macaca arctoides. J Virol. 1997;71:6253-8 pubmed
- Montagné N, Soyez D, Gallois D, Ollivaux C, Toullec J. New insights into evolution of crustacean hyperglycaemic hormone in decapods--first characterization in Anomura. FEBS J. 2008;275:1039-52 pubmed publisher..Finally, the paraphyly of penaeid CHHs and the structural diversity of CPRPs are discussed...
- Bennett E, Champlot S, Peters J, Arbuckle B, Guimaraes S, Pruvost M, et al. Taming the late Quaternary phylogeography of the Eurasiatic wild ass through ancient and modern DNA. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0174216 pubmed publisher..In addition, appropriately placing extant relict populations into a broader phylogeographic and genetic context can better inform ongoing conservation strategies for this highly-endangered species. ..
- Barreiro L, Neyrolles O, Babb C, Tailleux L, Quach H, McElreavey K, et al. Promoter variation in the DC-SIGN-encoding gene CD209 is associated with tuberculosis. PLoS Med. 2006;3:e20 pubmed
- Nora T, Lomma M, Gomez Valero L, Buchrieser C. Molecular mimicry: an important virulence strategy employed by Legionella pneumophila to subvert host functions. Future Microbiol. 2009;4:691-701 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data have shed new light on the virulence strategies of L. pneumophila, a major aspect of which is molecular mimicry. ..
- Di Donato V, Auer T, Duroure K, Del Bene F. Characterization of the calcium binding protein family in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53299 pubmed publisher..Our data supports potential roles for CaBPs during neuronal development and function and provides a starting point for genetic studies to examine CaBPs' function in these tissues and organs. ..
- Žuljević A, Kaleb S, Pena V, Despalatovic M, Cvitkovic I, De Clerck O, et al. First freshwater coralline alga and the role of local features in a major biome transition. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19642 pubmed publisher..The upstream advance and dispersal is facilitated by exceptionally pronounced zoochory by freshwater gastropods. Pneophyllum cetinaensis defies the paradigm of Corallinales as an exclusively marine group. ..
- Clermont O, Bonacorsi S, Bingen E. Rapid and simple determination of the Escherichia coli phylogenetic group. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2000;66:4555-8 pubmed..The method, which uses a combination of two genes (chuA and yjaA) and an anonymous DNA fragment, was tested with 230 strains and showed excellent correlation with reference methods. ..
- Dahourou G, Guillot S, Le Gall O, Crainic R. Genetic recombination in wild-type poliovirus. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:3103-10 pubmed..In this way, several wild-type/wild-type and wild-type/vaccine recombinants could be identified, indicating that recombination is encountered commonly in the natural evolution of poliovirus strains. ..
- Krupovic M, Gonnet M, Hania W, Forterre P, Erauso G. Insights into dynamics of mobile genetic elements in hyperthermophilic environments from five new Thermococcus plasmids. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e49044 pubmed publisher..Finally, the plasmids described here might prove to be useful in developing new genetic tools for hyperthermophiles...
- Delarbre C, Spruyt N, Delmarre C, Gallut C, Barriel V, Janvier P, et al. The complete nucleotide sequence of the mitochondrial DNA of the dogfish, Scyliorhinus canicula. Genetics. 1998;150:331-44 pubmed..The main features of the mtDNA of osteichthyans were thus established in the common ancestor to chondrichthyans and osteichthyans. The phylogenetic analysis confirms that the Chondrichthyes are the sister group of the Osteichthyes...
- Gessain A, Mahieux R, de The G. Genetic variability and molecular epidemiology of human and simian T cell leukemia/lymphoma virus type I. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol. 1996;13 Suppl 1:S132-45 pubmed..While geographical subtypes vary from 2 to 8% between themselves, HTLV-I quasi-species present within an individual appear to be much lower, with a variability of < 0.5%...
- El Jamil A, Kanhoush R, Magre S, Boizet Bonhoure B, Penrad Mobayed M. Sex-specific expression of SOX9 during gonadogenesis in the amphibian Xenopus tropicalis. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:2996-3005 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the SOX9 gene may not be a sex-determining gene in X. tropicalis and may play different functions in testicular and ovarian differentiation...
- Duval L, Nerrienet E, Rousset D, Sadeuh Mba S, Houze S, Fourment M, et al. Chimpanzee malaria parasites related to Plasmodium ovale in Africa. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5520 pubmed publisher..ovale strains isolated from humans. This study provides the first evidence of possibility of natural cross-species exchange of P. ovale between humans and chimpanzees of the subspecies Pan t. troglodytes. ..
- Clermont O, Gordon D, Brisse S, Walk S, Denamur E. Characterization of the cryptic Escherichia lineages: rapid identification and prevalence. Environ Microbiol. 2011;13:2468-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that members of the cryptic clades are unlikely to be of significance to human and health but may influence the use of 'E. coli' as an indicator of water quality. ..
- Sapriel G, Konjek J, Orgeur M, Bouri L, FrÃ©zal L, Roux A, et al. Genome-wide mosaicism within Mycobacterium abscessus: evolutionary and epidemiological implications. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:118 pubmed publisher..These findings might have far reaching epidemiological consequences for emerging mycobacterial pathogens survey in the context of increasing numbers of rapidly growing mycobacteria and M. tuberculosis co-infections. ..
- David S, Sánchez Busó L, Harris S, Marttinen P, Rusniok C, Buchrieser C, et al. Dynamics and impact of homologous recombination on the evolution of Legionella pneumophila. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006855 pubmed publisher..pneumophila, whereby multiple non-contiguous segments that originate from the same molecule of donor DNA are imported into a recipient genome during a single episode of recombination...
- Djian P, Delhomme B. Systematic repeat addition at a precise location in the coding region of the involucrin gene of wild mice reveals their phylogeny. Genetics. 2005;169:2199-208 pubmed..Because the repeat pattern differs in closely related murine taxa, involucrin reveals with greater sensitivity than random nucleotide substitutions the evolutionary relations of the mouse and probably of all murids. ..
- Domenech de Cellès M, Salomon J, Marinier A, Lawrence C, Gaillard J, Herrmann J, et al. Identifying more epidemic clones during a hospital outbreak of multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45758 pubmed publisher..Building on these results, more epidemic clones could be identified, and could lead to follow-up studies dissecting the functional basis for variation in transmissibility of MDRAB lineages. ..
- Brenot A, Werts C, Ottone C, Sertour N, Charon N, Postic D, et al. First evidence for a restriction-modification system in Leptospira sp. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2001;201:139-43 pubmed..biflexa. The evolutionary significance and the importance of the restriction and modification enzymes or non-specific nucleases within strains for genetic experiments are discussed. ..
- Picardeau M, Le Dantec C, Richard G, Saint Girons I. The spirochetal chpK-chromosomal toxin-antitoxin locus induces growth inhibition of yeast and mycobacteria. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2003;229:277-81 pubmed..These results show that ChpK possesses a broad activity against both prokaryotes and eukaryotes, suggesting that the cellular target of the toxin is conserved in these organisms. ..
- Glaser P, Martins SimÃµes P, Villain A, Barbier M, Tristan A, Bouchier C, et al. Demography and Intercontinental Spread of the USA300 Community-Acquired Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Lineage. MBio. 2016;7:e02183-15 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the significance of horizontal gene acquisitions and point mutations in the success of such disseminated clones and illustrate their cyclic and sporadic life cycle. ..
- Poyart C, Berche P, Trieu Cuot P. Characterization of superoxide dismutase genes from gram-positive bacteria by polymerase chain reaction using degenerate primers. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1995;131:41-5 pubmed..The method described in this study provides a means for easy recovery of sod genes and the construction of sod mutants of various Gram-positive pathogens...
- Alié A, Manuel M. The backbone of the post-synaptic density originated in a unicellular ancestor of choanoflagellates and metazoans. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:34 pubmed publisher..The complex later became integrated into the evolving synapse through the addition of novel functionalities. ..
- Chomont N, Hocini H, Gresenguet G, Brochier C, Bouhlal H, Andreoletti L, et al. Early archives of genetically-restricted proviral DNA in the female genital tract after heterosexual transmission of HIV-1. AIDS. 2007;21:153-62 pubmed
- Brisse S, Fevre C, Passet V, Issenhuth Jeanjean S, Tournebize R, Diancourt L, et al. Virulent clones of Klebsiella pneumoniae: identification and evolutionary scenario based on genomic and phenotypic characterization. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4982 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae. ..
- Deletoile A, Decré D, Courant S, Passet V, Audo J, Grimont P, et al. Phylogeny and identification of Pantoea species and typing of Pantoea agglomerans strains by multilocus gene sequencing. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:300-10 pubmed publisher..We provide a multilocus gene sequencing method that is a powerful tool for Pantoea species delineation and identification and for strain tracking...
- Delsuc F, Gibb G, Kuch M, Billet G, Hautier L, Southon J, et al. The phylogenetic affinities of the extinct glyptodonts. Curr Biol. 2016;26:R155-6 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the derived nature of the glyptodont morphotype, one aspect of which is a spectacular increase in body size until their extinction at the end of the last ice age. ..
- Breton J, Bart Delabesse E, Biligui S, Carbone A, Seiller X, Okome Nkoumou M, et al. New highly divergent rRNA sequence among biodiverse genotypes of Enterocytozoon bieneusi strains isolated from humans in Gabon and Cameroon. J Clin Microbiol. 2007;45:2580-9 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis of the new genotype CAF4, identified in both HIV-negative and HIV-positive subjects, indicates that it represents a highly divergent strain...
- Mestre O, Luo T, Dos Vultos T, Kremer K, Murray A, Namouchi A, et al. Phylogeny of Mycobacterium tuberculosis Beijing strains constructed from polymorphisms in genes involved in DNA replication, recombination and repair. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16020 pubmed publisher..These SNPs are new, potential genetic markers that may contribute to better understand the success of the Beijing family. ..
- Abby S, Rocha E. The non-flagellar type III secretion system evolved from the bacterial flagellum and diversified into host-cell adapted systems. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002983 pubmed publisher..It demonstrates how molecular evolution can convert one complex molecular machine into a second, equally complex machine by successive deletions, innovations, and recruitment from other molecular systems...
- Criscuolo A, Gribaldo S. BMGE (Block Mapping and Gathering with Entropy): a new software for selection of phylogenetic informative regions from multiple sequence alignments. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:210 pubmed publisher..BMGE is able to perform biologically relevant trimming on a multiple alignment of DNA, codon or amino acid sequences. Java source code and executable are freely available at ftp://ftp.pasteur.fr/pub/GenSoft/projects/BMGE/. ..
- Andrade M, Machado V, Jegu M, Farias I, Giarrizzo T. A new species of Tometes Valenciennes 1850 (Characiformes: Serrasalmidae) from Tocantins-Araguaia River Basin based on integrative analysis of molecular and morphological data. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0170053 pubmed publisher..These findings increase the number of formally described species of Tometes to seven. A key to the Tometes species is provided. ..
- Valdenaire O, Rohrbacher E, Langeveld A, Schweizer A, Meijers C. Organization and chromosomal localization of the human ECEL1 (XCE) gene encoding a zinc metallopeptidase involved in the nervous control of respiration. Biochem J. 2000;346 Pt 3:611-6 pubmed..A short phylogenetic study describing the relationship between the various members of this gene family is also presented. ..
- Servant A, Laperche S, Lallemand F, Marinho V, De Saint Maur G, Meritet J, et al. Genetic diversity within human erythroviruses: identification of three genotypes. J Virol. 2002;76:9124-34 pubmed
- Gutierrez A, Elez M, Clermont O, Denamur E, Matic I. Escherichia coli YafP protein modulates DNA damaging property of the nitroaromatic compounds. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:4192-201 pubmed publisher..Given that YafP was annotated as a putative acetyltransferase, it could be that YafP participates in the metabolic transformation of genotoxic compounds, hence modulating the balance between their mutagenicity and cytotoxicity. ..
- Delobel A, Le Ru B, Genson G, Musyoka B, Kergoat G. Molecular phylogenetics, systematics and host-plant associations of the Bruchidius albosparsus (FÃ¥hraeus) species group (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae, Bruchinae) with the description of four new species. Zootaxa. 2015;3931:451-82 pubmed publisher..The resulting trees allow us to confirm the monophyly of the group of interest and provide a more detailed picture of their evolutionary relationships. ..