Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phenotype in Versailles, Île de France, France
Locale: Versailles, Île de France, France
- Faure J, Vittorioso P, Santoni V, Fraisier V, Prinsen E, Barlier I, et al. The PASTICCINO genes of Arabidopsis thaliana are involved in the control of cell division and differentiation. Development. 1998;125:909-18 pubmed..The PAS genes have been mapped respectively to chromosomes 3, 5 and 1 and represent new plant genes involved in the control of cell division and plant development. ..
- Jasinski S, Lecureuil A, Miquel M, Loudet O, Raffaele S, Froissard M, et al. Natural variation in seed very long chain fatty acid content is controlled by a new isoform of KCS18 in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49261 pubmed publisher..Identification of this kcs18 mutant with altered activity opens new perspectives for the modulation of oil composition in crop plants. ..
- Le Masson I, Jauvion V, Bouteiller N, Rivard M, Elmayan T, Vaucheret H. Mutations in the Arabidopsis H3K4me2/3 demethylase JMJ14 suppress posttranscriptional gene silencing by decreasing transgene transcription. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3603-12 pubmed publisher..Removing JMJ14 likely allows other H3K4 demethylases encoded by the Arabidopsis thaliana genome to act on transgenes and reduce transcription levels, thus preventing the triggering of S-PTGS. ..
- Poormohammad Kiani S, Trontin C, Andreatta M, Simon M, Robert T, Salt D, et al. Allelic heterogeneity and trade-off shape natural variation for response to soil micronutrient. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002814 pubmed publisher..Resolving such a case of allelic heterogeneity helps explain species-wide phenotypic variation for Mo homeostasis and potentially reveals trade-off effects, a finding still rarely linked to fitness. ..
- Marchal C, Vinatier G, Sanial M, Plessis A, Pret A, Limbourg Bouchon B, et al. The HIV-1 Vpu protein induces apoptosis in Drosophila via activation of JNK signaling. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34310 pubmed publisher..Our results in the fly thus provide the first functional evidence linking Vpu pro-apoptotic effects to activation of the conserved JNK pathway. ..
- Truernit E, Bauby H, Belcram K, Barthélémy J, Palauqui J. OCTOPUS, a polarly localised membrane-associated protein, regulates phloem differentiation entry in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2012;139:1306-15 pubmed publisher..We propose that OPS participates in vascular differentiation by interpreting longitudinal signals that lead to the transformation of vascular initials into differentiating protophloem cells. ..
- Spinner L, Pastuglia M, Belcram K, Pegoraro M, Goussot M, Bouchez D, et al. The function of TONNEAU1 in moss reveals ancient mechanisms of division plane specification and cell elongation in land plants. Development. 2010;137:2733-42 pubmed publisher..They point to an ancient mechanism of cytoskeletal control of division plane positioning and cell elongation in land plants...
- Hematy K, Sado P, van Tuinen A, Rochange S, Desnos T, Balzergue S, et al. A receptor-like kinase mediates the response of Arabidopsis cells to the inhibition of cellulose synthesis. Curr Biol. 2007;17:922-31 pubmed..The results show that THE1 mediates the response of growing plant cells to the perturbation of cellulose synthesis and may act as a cell-wall-integrity sensor. ..
- Böhme K, Li Y, Charlot F, Grierson C, Marrocco K, Okada K, et al. The Arabidopsis COW1 gene encodes a phosphatidylinositol transfer protein essential for root hair tip growth. Plant J. 2004;40:686-98 pubmed..In addition, we show that GFP fused to the COW1 protein specifically accumulates at the site of root hair outgrowth. We conclude that the COW1 protein is a PITP, essential for proper root hair growth. ..
- Baud S, Bellec Y, Miquel M, Bellini C, Caboche M, Lepiniec L, et al. gurke and pasticcino3 mutants affected in embryo development are impaired in acetyl-CoA carboxylase. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:515-20 pubmed
- Zurutuza L, Muller F, Gibrat J, Taillandier A, Simon Bouy B, Serre J, et al. Correlations of genotype and phenotype in hypophosphatasia. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:1039-46 pubmed..They also confirm that the extremely high phenotypic heterogeneity observed in patients with hypophosphatasia was due mainly to variable residual enzymatic activities allowed by missense mutations found in the human TNSALP gene. ..
- Guiboileau A, Yoshimoto K, Soulay F, Bataillé M, Avice J, Masclaux Daubresse C. Autophagy machinery controls nitrogen remobilization at the whole-plant level under both limiting and ample nitrate conditions in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2012;194:732-40 pubmed publisher..We conclude that autophagy core machinery is needed for nitrogen remobilization and seed filling. ..