Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on peptide initiation factors in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: peptide initiation factors
- Grolleau A, Wietzerbin J, Beretta L. Defect in the regulation of 4E-BP1 and 2, two repressors of translation initiation, in the retinoid acid resistant cell lines, NB4-R1 and NB4-R2. Leukemia. 2000;14:1909-14 pubmed..This indicates that 4E-BP1 down-regulation is associated with granulocytic maturation, whereas post-transcriptional regulation of 4E-BP2 expression is associated with the early action of RA. ..
- Borman A, Kean K. Intact eukaryotic initiation factor 4G is required for hepatitis A virus internal initiation of translation. Virology. 1997;237:129-36 pubmed..Thus the HAV IRES requires intact eIF4G for activity. This is unique among the picornavirus IRESes studied to date and may help explain why HAV does not inhibit host cell translation during viral infection. ..
- de Vanssay A, Bouge A, Boivin A, Hermant C, Teysset L, Delmarre V, et al. Paramutation in Drosophila linked to emergence of a piRNA-producing locus. Nature. 2012;490:112-5 pubmed publisher..Our work provides a genetic model for the emergence of piRNA loci, as well as for RNA-mediated trans-generational repression of transposable elements...
- Caldas T, Laalami S, Richarme G. Chaperone properties of bacterial elongation factor EF-G and initiation factor IF2. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:855-60 pubmed..These results suggest that EF-G and IF2, in addition to their role in translation, might be implicated in protein folding and protection from stress. ..
- Beretta L, Singer N, Hinderer R, Gingras A, Richardson B, Hanash S, et al. Differential regulation of translation and eIF4E phosphorylation during human thymocyte maturation. J Immunol. 1998;160:3269-73 pubmed..These data provide evidence for differential regulation of the translational machinery during T cell development. ..
- Chiaruttini C, Milet M, Springer M. Translational coupling by modulation of feedback repression in the IF3 operon of Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:9208-13 pubmed..The result is a novel type of translational coupling, where unfolding of the pseudoknot by ribosomes translating IF3 does not increase expression of L35 directly, but alleviates its repression by L20. ..
- Chiaruttini C, Milet M, Springer M. A long-range RNA-RNA interaction forms a pseudoknot required for translational control of the IF3-L35-L20 ribosomal protein operon in Escherichia coli. EMBO J. 1996;15:4402-13 pubmed..We propose that these two distant sites can base-pair to form a long-range pseudoknot which is required for the control of the expression of the L35 gene. ..
- Laalami S, Putzer H, Plumbridge J, Grunberg Manago M. A severely truncated form of translational initiation factor 2 supports growth of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1991;220:335-49 pubmed..This result suggests that the catalytic properties are localized in the C-terminal half of the protein, which includes the G-domain, and that this fragment is sufficient to complement the IF2 deficiency in the infB deletion strain. ..