Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neurons in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Publications219 found, 100 shown here
- Rogers K, Picaud S, Roncali E, Boisgard R, Colasante C, Stinnakre J, et al. Non-invasive in vivo imaging of calcium signaling in mice. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e974 pubmed..This non-invasive imaging technique opens new avenues for the analysis of Ca(2+) signaling whenever whole body information in freely moving animals is desired, in particular during behavioral and developmental studies. ..
- Gousset K, Zurzolo C. Tunnelling nanotubes: a highway for prion spreading?. Prion. 2009;3:94-8 pubmed..Therefore, we propose a role for TNTs during prion spreading from the periphery to the central nervous system (CNS). Here, we discuss some of the key steps where TNTs might play a role during prion neuroinvasion. ..
- Thibault K, Carrel D, Bonnard D, Gallatz K, Simon A, Biard M, et al. Activation-dependent subcellular distribution patterns of CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the rat forebrain. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:2581-91 pubmed publisher..This redistribution displays important region-specific differences; it is most pronounced in the neocortex and hippocampus and absent in basal ganglia. ..
- Téoulé F, Brisac C, Pelletier I, Vidalain P, Jegouic S, Mirabelli C, et al. The Golgi protein ACBD3, an interactor for poliovirus protein 3A, modulates poliovirus replication. J Virol. 2013;87:11031-46 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that exchanges of nonstructural proteins can modify the relationships between enterovirus recombinants and cellular interactors and may thus be one of the factors favoring their emergence. ..
- Yamada E, Respondek G, Müssner S, de Andrade A, Höllerhage M, Depienne C, et al. Annonacin, a natural lipophilic mitochondrial complex I inhibitor, increases phosphorylation of tau in the brain of FTDP-17 transgenic mice. Exp Neurol. 2014;253:113-25 pubmed publisher..In summary, we observed a synergistic interaction between annonacin exposure and the presence of the R406W-tau mutation, which resulted in reduced degradation, increased phosphorylation and redistribution of neuronal tau. ..
- Legouis R, Lievre C, Leibovici M, Lapointe F, Petit C. Expression of the KAL gene in multiple neuronal sites during chicken development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:2461-5 pubmed
- Bessis A, Salmon A, Zoli M, Le Novère N, Picciotto M, Changeux J. Promoter elements conferring neuron-specific expression of the beta 2-subunit of the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor studied in vitro and in transgenic mice. Neuroscience. 1995;69:807-19 pubmed..In this paper, we describe the neuron-specific promoter of the gene encoding the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor beta 2-subunit. ..
- Landry M, Roche D, Angelova E, Calas A. Expression of galanin in hypothalamic magnocellular neurones of lactating rats: co-existence with vasopressin and oxytocin. J Endocrinol. 1997;155:467-81 pubmed..This plasticity could be caused by changes in galanin expression or in galanin processing in magnocellular neurones. ..
- Sahly I, Gogat K, Kobetz A, Marchant D, Menasche M, Castel M, et al. Prominent neuronal-specific tub gene expression in cellular targets of tubby mice mutation. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1437-47 pubmed
- Duval N, Gomès D, Calaora V, Calabrese A, Meda P, Bruzzone R. Cell coupling and Cx43 expression in embryonic mouse neural progenitor cells. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3241-51 pubmed..These results point to a major role of cell-to-cell communication and Cx43 during the differentiation of neural progenitor cells in vitro. ..
- Jousselin Hosaja M, Tobin C, Venault P, Joubert C, Chapouthier G. Effects of adrenal medulla graft on recovery of GABAergic and dopaminergic neuron deficits in mice: behavioural, pharmacological and immunohistochemical study. Behav Brain Res. 2003;140:185-93 pubmed..Our results may contribute to the clarification of the beneficial effects of AM transplants in striatal function. ..
- Poirier K, Van Esch H, Friocourt G, Saillour Y, Bahi N, Backer S, et al. Neuroanatomical distribution of ARX in brain and its localisation in GABAergic neurons. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;122:35-46 pubmed..Moreover, no abnormal cell death or protein aggregation was observed, hence suggesting that more subtle pathogenic mechanisms are involved. ..
- Viot G, Sonigo P, Simon I, Simon Bouy B, Chadeyron F, Beldjord C, et al. Neocortical neuronal arrangement in LIS1 and DCX lissencephaly may be different. Am J Med Genet A. 2004;126A:123-8 pubmed
- Hepp R, Tricoire L, Hu E, Gervasi N, Paupardin Tritsch D, Lambolez B, et al. Phosphodiesterase type 2 and the homeostasis of cyclic GMP in living thalamic neurons. J Neurochem. 2007;102:1875-1886 pubmed publisher..Basal cGMP level is poised at an intermediate level from which it can be up or down-regulated according to the cyclase and PDE activities. ..
- El Ghouzzi V, Csaba Z, Olivier P, Lelouvier B, Schwendimann L, Dournaud P, et al. Apoptosis-inducing factor deficiency induces early mitochondrial degeneration in brain followed by progressive multifocal neuropathology. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2007;66:838-47 pubmed
- Tuy F, Saillour Y, Kappeler C, Chelly J, Francis F. Alternative transcripts of Dclk1 and Dclk2 and their expression in doublecortin knockout mice. Dev Neurosci. 2008;30:171-86 pubmed..These results, in addition to characterizing the transcript diversity of an important family of genes, should facilitate further studies of compensation in Dcx-deficient mice. ..
- Marcade M, Bourdin J, Loiseau N, Peillon H, Rayer A, Drouin D, et al. Etazolate, a neuroprotective drug linking GABA(A) receptor pharmacology to amyloid precursor protein processing. J Neurochem. 2008;106:392-404 pubmed publisher..Our findings therefore indicate a relationship between GABA(A) receptor signalling, the alpha-secretase pathway and neuroprotection, documenting a new therapeutic approach for AD treatment. ..
- Ferrario J, Rojas Mayorquin A, Saldaña Ortega M, Salum C, Gomes M, Hunot S, et al. Pleiotrophin receptor RPTP-zeta/beta expression is up-regulated by L-DOPA in striatal medium spiny neurons of parkinsonian rats. J Neurochem. 2008;107:443-52 pubmed publisher..RPTP-zeta/beta might therefore be implicated in the plastic changes triggered by L-DOPA treatment and might merit further study as a potential candidate for Parkinon's disease therapy. ..
- Valjent E, Bertran Gonzalez J, Herve D, Fisone G, Girault J. Looking BAC at striatal signaling: cell-specific analysis in new transgenic mice. Trends Neurosci. 2009;32:538-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, BAC transgenic mice are changing the way to conceive experiments and provide an opportunity to fill the gaps between molecular and systems neurosciences. ..
- Vitry S, Bruyère J, Hocquemiller M, Bigou S, Ausseil J, Colle M, et al. Storage vesicles in neurons are related to Golgi complex alterations in mucopolysaccharidosis IIIB. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:2984-99 pubmed publisher..Vesicle accumulation, Golgi disorganization, and alterations of other GM130 functions may account for neuron dysfunction and death. ..
- Besson M, David V, Baudonnat M, Cazala P, Guilloux J, Reperant C, et al. Alpha7-nicotinic receptors modulate nicotine-induced reinforcement and extracellular dopamine outflow in the mesolimbic system in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012;220:1-14 pubmed publisher..These receptors appear to potentiate the reinforcing action of nicotine administered into the VTA while regulating its action over time on DA outflow in the ACb. ..
- Rousselet E, Traver S, Monnet Y, Perrin A, Mandjee N, Hild A, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-like weak inducer of apoptosis induces astrocyte proliferation through the activation of transforming-growth factor-?/epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 2012;82:948-57 pubmed publisher..We anticipate that description of such a mechanism may allow novel approaches to human pathologies associated with astrocyte proliferation. ..
- Cazé R, Humphries M, Gutkin B. Passive dendrites enable single neurons to compute linearly non-separable functions. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1002867 pubmed publisher..Taken together our results demonstrate that passive dendrites are sufficient to enable neurons to compute linearly non-separable functions. ..
- Rousseau E, Michel P, Hirsch E. The iron-binding protein lactoferrin protects vulnerable dopamine neurons from degeneration by preserving mitochondrial calcium homeostasis. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:888-98 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that the accumulation of lactoferrin in PD brains might be evidence of an attempt by the brain to minimize the consequences of neurodegeneration. ..
- Brette R. Sharpness of spike initiation in neurons explained by compartmentalization. PLoS Comput Biol. 2013;9:e1003338 pubmed publisher..I show that there is a critical distance to the soma above which an instability occurs, so that Na channels open abruptly rather than gradually as a function of somatic voltage. ..
- Bolkan S, Stujenske J, Parnaudeau S, Spellman T, Rauffenbart C, Abbas A, et al. Thalamic projections sustain prefrontal activity during working memory maintenance. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:987-996 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a role for MD in sustaining prefrontal activity during working memory maintenance. Consistent with this idea, we found that enhancing MD excitability was sufficient to enhance task performance. ..
- Shemesh O, Tanese D, Zampini V, Linghu C, Piatkevich K, Ronzitti E, et al. Temporally precise single-cell-resolution optogenetics. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1796-1806 pubmed publisher..We used soCoChR to perform connectivity mapping on intact cortical circuits. ..
- Des Portes V, Pinard J, Billuart P, Vinet M, Koulakoff A, Carrie A, et al. A novel CNS gene required for neuronal migration and involved in X-linked subcortical laminar heterotopia and lissencephaly syndrome. Cell. 1998;92:51-61 pubmed..The complete disorganization observed in lissencephaly and heterotopia thus seems to reflect a failure of early events associated with neuron dispersion. ..
- Allard J, Barron S, Trottier S, Cervera P, Daumas Duport C, LeGuern E, et al. Edg-2 in myelin-forming cells: isoforms, genomic mapping, and exclusion in Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Glia. 1999;26:176-85 pubmed..As a first application to molecular genetic studies, they were used to exclude the Edg-2 gene in six families with phenotype of demyelinating Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease of unknown origin. ..
- Lang Lazdunski L, Heurteaux C, Mignon A, Mantz J, Widmann C, Desmonts J, et al. Ischemic spinal cord injury induced by aortic cross-clamping: prevention by riluzole. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2000;18:174-81 pubmed..This drug may therefore be considered for clinical use during 'high risk' surgical procedures on the thoracoabdominal aorta. ..
- Drutel G, Kathmann M, Heron A, Gros C, Mace S, Schwartz J, et al. Two splice variants of the hypoxia-inducible factor HIF-1alpha as potential dimerization partners of ARNT2 in neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:3701-8 pubmed
- Calaora V, Rogister B, Bismuth K, Murray K, Brandt H, Leprince P, et al. Neuregulin signaling regulates neural precursor growth and the generation of oligodendrocytes in vitro. J Neurosci. 2001;21:4740-51 pubmed..We propose that both type III Nrg-1 signaling and soluble ErbB receptors modulate oligodendrocyte development from NPs. ..
- Troadec J, Marien M, Darios F, Hartmann A, Ruberg M, Colpaert F, et al. Noradrenaline provides long-term protection to dopaminergic neurons by reducing oxidative stress. J Neurochem. 2001;79:200-10 pubmed..These results support the concept that central noradrenergic mechanisms have a neuroprotective role, perhaps in part by reducing oxidative stress. ..
- Zander C, Takahashi J, El Hachimi K, Fujigasaki H, Albanese V, Lebre A, et al. Similarities between spinocerebellar ataxia type 7 (SCA7) cell models and human brain: proteins recruited in inclusions and activation of caspase-3. Hum Mol Genet. 2001;10:2569-79 pubmed..Finally, on the ultrastructural level, there were signs of autophagy and nuclear indentations, indicative of a major stress response in cells expressing mutant ataxin-7. ..
- Boda B, Mas C, Giudicelli C, Nepote V, Guimiot F, Levacher B, et al. Survival motor neuron SMN1 and SMN2 gene promoters: identical sequences and differential expression in neurons and non-neuronal cells. Eur J Hum Genet. 2004;12:729-37 pubmed..An understanding of the mechanisms regulating SMN promoter activity may provide new avenues for the treatment of SMA. ..
- Salthun Lassalle B, Hirsch E, Wolfart J, Ruberg M, Michel P. Rescue of mesencephalic dopaminergic neurons in culture by low-level stimulation of voltage-gated sodium channels. J Neurosci. 2004;24:5922-30 pubmed..These results support the idea that mesencephalic DA neurons depend primarily on excitatory input for their survival during development. ..
- Baloui H, von Boxberg Y, Vinh J, Weiss S, Rossier J, Nothias F, et al. Cellular prion protein/laminin receptor: distribution in adult central nervous system and characterization of an isoform associated with a subtype of cortical neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:2605-16 pubmed..Our demonstration of local differences in the expression of particular LRP/LR isoforms may be a first step towards unraveling their specific molecular interactions. ..
- Matamales M, Bertran Gonzalez J, Salomon L, Degos B, Deniau J, Valjent E, et al. Striatal medium-sized spiny neurons: identification by nuclear staining and study of neuronal subpopulations in BAC transgenic mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4770 pubmed publisher..It also unambiguously confirms the degree of segregation of MSNs in the mouse striatum and allows the full exploitation of results obtained with BAC-transgenic mice. ..
- Gitton Y, Tibaldi L, Dupont E, Levi G, Joliot A. Efficient CPP-mediated Cre protein delivery to developing and adult CNS tissues. BMC Biotechnol. 2009;9:40 pubmed publisher..Thus our work opens new perspectives for both fundamental and applied cell targeting protocols using proteic cargoes which need to retain full bioactivity upon internalisation, as illustrated here with the oligomeric Cre recombinase. ..
- Maskos U. Role of endogenous acetylcholine in the control of the dopaminergic system via nicotinic receptors. J Neurochem. 2010;114:641-6 pubmed publisher..The novel techniques brought to bear on these analyses, lentiviral re-expression, and repression, of nAChR subunits, and transgenic expression of hypersensitive receptors will be discussed. ..
- Charrier C, Machado P, Tweedie Cullen R, Rutishauser D, Mansuy I, Triller A. A crosstalk between ?1 and ?3 integrins controls glycine receptor and gephyrin trafficking at synapses. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:1388-95 pubmed publisher..This provides a mechanism for maintaining or adjusting the steady state of postsynaptic molecule exchanges and the level of glycinergic inhibition in response to neuron- and glia-derived signals or extracellular matrix remodeling...
- Girault J. Signaling in striatal neurons: the phosphoproteins of reward, addiction, and dyskinesia. Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2012;106:33-62 pubmed publisher..It is hypothesized that these pathways are particularly adapted to the specific computing properties of MSNs and the function of the basal ganglia circuits in which they participate. ..
- Degos V, Peineau S, Nijboer C, Kaindl A, Sigaut S, Favrais G, et al. G protein-coupled receptor kinase 2 and group I metabotropic glutamate receptors mediate inflammation-induced sensitization to excitotoxic neurodegeneration. Ann Neurol. 2013;73:667-78 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that inflammation-induced sensitization is universal across species and ages and that group I mGluRs and GRK2 represent new avenues for neuroprotection in perinatal and adult neurological disorders. ..
- Liu Z, Zhou J, Li Y, Hu F, Lu Y, Ma M, et al. Dorsal raphe neurons signal reward through 5-HT and glutamate. Neuron. 2014;81:1360-1374 pubmed publisher..These experiments demonstrate the ability of DRN neurons to organize reward behaviors and might provide insights into the underlying mechanisms of learning facilitation and anhedonia treatment. ..
- Deneve S, Alemi A, Bourdoukan R. The Brain as an Efficient and Robust Adaptive Learner. Neuron. 2017;94:969-977 pubmed publisher..Yet, this variability in single neurons may hide an extremely efficient and robust computation at the population level. ..
- Picciotto M, Zoli M, Bertuzzi G, Nairn A. Immunochemical localization of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I. Synapse. 1995;20:75-84 pubmed..Furthermore, the widespread cell and tissue distribution suggests that CaM kinase I may function as a ubiquitous multi-functional protein kinase. Finally, the multiple immunoreactive species may represent isoforms of CaM kinase I. ..
- Soussi Yanicostas N, Hardelin J, Arroyo Jimenez M, Ardouin O, Legouis R, Levilliers J, et al. Initial characterization of anosmin-1, a putative extracellular matrix protein synthesized by definite neuronal cell populations in the central nervous system. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 7):1749-57 pubmed
- Selimi F, Doughty M, Delhaye Bouchaud N, Mariani J. Target-related and intrinsic neuronal death in Lurcher mutant mice are both mediated by caspase-3 activation. J Neurosci. 2000;20:992-1000 pubmed..Thus, caspase-3 activation is involved in both the direct and indirect neuronal death induced by the Lurcher mutation, strongly supporting the idea that the Lc/+ Purkinje cell dies by apoptosis. ..
- Revah F, Bertrand D, Galzi J, Devillers Thiery A, Mulle C, Hussy N, et al. Mutations in the channel domain alter desensitization of a neuronal nicotinic receptor. Nature. 1991;353:846-9 pubmed..It is possible that mutation of Leu 247 renders conductive one of the high-affinity desensitized states of the receptor. ..
- Galou M, Pournin S, Ensergueix D, Ridet J, Tchelingerian J, Lossouarn L, et al. Normal and pathological expression of GFAP promoter elements in transgenic mice. Glia. 1994;12:281-93 pubmed..These transgenic lines provide a useful tool by enabling further studies of astroglial and, probably, neuronal physiologies. ..
- Portier M, Escurat M, Landon F, Djabali K, Bousquet O. Peripherin and neurofilaments: expression and role during neural development. C R Acad Sci III. 1993;316:1124-40 pubmed..The possible significance of the overexpression of NFP is discussed. ..
- Gallego J, Gaultier C. [Respiratory behavior]. Rev Mal Respir. 2000;17:41-9 pubmed..Finally, recent studies in humans and animals show that classical conditioning affects respiratory control and sensations. ..
- Ghee M, Fournier A, Mallet J. Rat alpha-synuclein interacts with Tat binding protein 1, a component of the 26S proteasomal complex. J Neurochem. 2000;75:2221-4 pubmed
- Decker L, Durbec P, Rougon G, Baron van Evercooren A. Loss of polysialic residues accelerates CNS neural precursor differentiation in pathological conditions. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;19:225-38 pubmed
- Zekry D, Duyckaerts C, Moulias R, Belmin J, Geoffre C, Herrmann F, et al. Degenerative and vascular lesions of the brain have synergistic effects in dementia of the elderly. Acta Neuropathol. 2002;103:481-7 pubmed..For similar clinical severity of dementia, there were fewer AD lesions in patients with vascular lesions than in those without vascular lesions. ..
- Plaisant F, Dommergues M, Spedding M, Cecchelli R, Brillault J, Kato G, et al. Neuroprotective properties of tianeptine: interactions with cytokines. Neuropharmacology. 2003;44:801-9 pubmed..Thus tianeptine has neuroprotective effects against hypoxia in tissue culture and against the deleterious effects of cytokines in cortex and white matter, but not against NMDA receptor-mediated excitotoxicity. ..
- Froger N, Palazzo E, Boni C, Hanoun N, Saurini F, Joubert C, et al. Neurochemical and behavioral alterations in glucocorticoid receptor-impaired transgenic mice after chronic mild stress. J Neurosci. 2004;24:2787-96 pubmed..These results demonstrate that impaired GR functioning affects normal adaptive responses of the HPA axis and 5-HT system to CMS and alters stress-related consequences on decision-making behaviors. ..
- Sabbah E, Roques B. Critical implication of the (70-96) domain of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Vpr protein in apoptosis of primary rat cortical and striatal neurons. J Neurovirol. 2005;11:489-502 pubmed
- Pattyn A, Guillemot F, Brunet J. Delays in neuronal differentiation in Mash1/Ascl1 mutants. Dev Biol. 2006;295:67-75 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that the acceleration imposed by Mash1, regardless of the production of post-mitotic cells, affects differentiation itself, both generic and type-specific. ..
- Launay J, Schneider B, Loric S, Da Prada M, Kellermann O. Serotonin transport and serotonin transporter-mediated antidepressant recognition are controlled by 5-HT2B receptor signaling in serotonergic neuronal cells. FASEB J. 2006;20:1843-54 pubmed..Altogether, our data shed new light on the 5-HT-driven post-translational modifications involved in the control of SERT activity. ..
- De Saint Jan D, Hirnet D, Westbrook G, Charpak S. External tufted cells drive the output of olfactory bulb glomeruli. J Neurosci. 2009;29:2043-52 pubmed publisher..We propose that ET cells act as essential drivers of glomerular output to the olfactory cortex. ..
- Zangiacomi V, Balon N, Maddens S, Tiberghien P, Versaux Botteri C, Deschaseaux F. Human cord blood-derived hematopoietic and neural-like stem/progenitor cells are attracted by the neurotransmitter GABA. Stem Cells Dev. 2009;18:1369-78 pubmed publisher..Therefore, GABA is a potent chemoattractant of HUCB stem/progenitor cells specifically through GABA(B)R activation. ..
- Schwarz J, Burguet J, Rampin O, Fromentin G, Andrey P, Tome D, et al. Three-dimensional macronutrient-associated Fos expression patterns in the mouse brainstem. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8974 pubmed publisher..Finally, this finding also illustrates the usefulness of statistical three-dimensional modeling to functional neuroanatomical studies. ..
- Kiyasova V, Fernandez S, Laine J, Stankovski L, Muzerelle A, Doly S, et al. A genetically defined morphologically and functionally unique subset of 5-HT neurons in the mouse raphe nuclei. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2756-68 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings lead us to propose the existence of Pet1-dependent and Pet1-resistant 5-HT neurons targeting different brain centers that might delineate the anatomical basis for a dual serotonergic control on stress responses. ..
- Stell B. Biphasic action of axonal GABA-A receptors on presynaptic calcium influx. J Neurophysiol. 2011;105:2931-6 pubmed publisher..These results provide a description of the effect of presynaptic GABA(A)R activation and explain why reports of the effect of their activation have been so varied. ..
- Jolly S, Journiac N, Naudet F, Gautheron V, Mariani J, Vernet der Garabedian B. Cell-autonomous and non-cell-autonomous neuroprotective functions of ROR? in neurons and astrocytes during hypoxia. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14314-23 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that ROR? is a key molecular player in hypoxia, protecting neurons through its dual action in neurons and astrocytes. ..
- Espinosa Medina I, Outin E, Picard C, Chettouh Z, Dymecki S, Consalez G, et al. Neurodevelopment. Parasympathetic ganglia derive from Schwann cell precursors. Science. 2014;345:87-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, cranial Schwann cell precursors are the source of parasympathetic neurons during normal development. ..
- Grantyn A, Brandi A, Dubayle D, Graf W, Ugolini G, Hadjidimitrakis K, et al. Density gradients of trans-synaptically labeled collicular neurons after injections of rabies virus in the lateral rectus muscle of the rhesus monkey. J Comp Neurol. 2002;451:346-61 pubmed..1997] Soc. Neurosci. Abstr. 23:1295; Moschovakis et al.,  J. Neurosci. 18:10219-10229) locus-dependent weighting of the strength of efferent projections to the saccade generators. ..
- Garcia Dominguez M, Poquet C, Garel S, Charnay P. Ebf gene function is required for coupling neuronal differentiation and cell cycle exit. Development. 2003;130:6013-25 pubmed..Finally, gain-of-function data raise the possibility that, in addition to these general roles, Ebf genes may be involved in neuronal subtype specification in particular regions of the CNS. ..
- Larcher J, Gasmi L, Viranaicken W, Edde B, Bernard R, Ginzburg I, et al. Ilf3 and NF90 associate with the axonal targeting element of Tau mRNA. FASEB J. 2004;18:1761-3 pubmed..This observation favors the idea that Ilf3 and NF90 are part of a protein complex that escorts Tau mRNA toward the axon. ..
- Demilly A, Simionato E, Ohayon D, Kerner P, GarcÃ¨s A, Vervoort M. Coe genes are expressed in differentiating neurons in the central nervous system of protostomes. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21213 pubmed publisher..As similar roles have also been observed in vertebrates, this function was probably already established in the last common ancestor of all bilaterians. ..
- Hugnot J, Gilgenkrantz H, Vincent N, Chafey P, Morris G, Monaco A, et al. Distal transcript of the dystrophin gene initiated from an alternative first exon and encoding a 75-kDa protein widely distributed in nonmuscle tissues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:7506-10 pubmed..The role and subcellular localization of this protein is not known. It may explain extramuscular symptoms exhibited by some Duchenne patients. ..
- Sabéran Djoneidi D, Marey Semper I, Picart R, Studler J, Tougard C, Glowinski J, et al. A 19-kDa protein belonging to a new family is expressed in the Golgi apparatus of neural cells. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:1888-93 pubmed..In transfected COS cells, the exogenous protein was also detected in the Golgi area, indicating, therefore, the presence of a Golgi targeting signal in its primary sequence. ..
- Gaspar P, Ben Jelloun N, Febvret A. Sparing of the dopaminergic neurons containing calbindin-D28k and of the dopaminergic mesocortical projections in weaver mutant mice. Neuroscience. 1994;61:293-305 pubmed
- Soriano E, Dumesnil N, Auladell C, Cohen Tannoudji M, Sotelo C. Molecular heterogeneity of progenitors and radial migration in the developing cerebral cortex revealed by transgene expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:11676-80 pubmed..Furthermore, the data show that neurons committed to the expression of the transgene migrate along very narrow, radial stripes. ..
- Joliot A, Trembleau A, Raposo G, Calvet S, Volovitch M, Prochiantz A. Association of Engrailed homeoproteins with vesicles presenting caveolae-like properties. Development. 1997;124:1865-75 pubmed
- Gho M, Bellaiche Y, Schweisguth F. Revisiting the Drosophila microchaete lineage: a novel intrinsically asymmetric cell division generates a glial cell. Development. 1999;126:3573-84 pubmed..This revised description of the sense organ lineage provides the basis for future studies on how polarity and fate are regulated in asymmetrically dividing cells. ..
- Winsky Sommerer R, Benjannet S, Rovere C, Barbero P, Seidah N, Epelbaum J, et al. Regional and cellular localization of the neuroendocrine prohormone convertases PC1 and PC2 in the rat central nervous system. J Comp Neurol. 2000;424:439-60 pubmed
- Verney C, Zecevic N, Ezan P. Expression of calbindin D28K in the dopaminergic mesotelencephalic system in embryonic and fetal human brain. J Comp Neurol. 2001;429:45-58 pubmed
- Izmiryan A, Cheraud Y, Khanamiryan L, Leterrier J, Federici T, Peltekian E, et al. Different expression of synemin isoforms in glia and neurons during nervous system development. Glia. 2006;54:204-13 pubmed..Mechanisms specific to neurons and glia probably control the splicing of the common synemin mRNA and the synthesis of each synemin isoform. ..
- Polack P, Guillemain I, Hu E, Deransart C, Depaulis A, Charpier S. Deep layer somatosensory cortical neurons initiate spike-and-wave discharges in a genetic model of absence seizures. J Neurosci. 2007;27:6590-9 pubmed..These results confirm and extend the "focal hypothesis" of absence epilepsy and provide a cellular scenario for the initiation and generalization of absence seizures. ..
- Lafon M. Immune evasion, a critical strategy for rabies virus. Dev Biol (Basel). 2008;131:413-9 pubmed..Implications of these findings for rabies treatment are discussed. ..
- Trifilieff P, Lavaur J, Pascoli V, Kappes V, Brami Cherrier K, Pages C, et al. Endocytosis controls glutamate-induced nuclear accumulation of ERK. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;41:325-36 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first evidence that the endocytic pathway controls ERK nuclear translocation and ERK-dependent gene regulations induced by glutamate. ..
- Moldrich R, Dauphinot L, Laffaire J, Vitalis T, Herault Y, Beart P, et al. Proliferation deficits and gene expression dysregulation in Down's syndrome (Ts1Cje) neural progenitor cells cultured from neurospheres. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:3143-52 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, proliferation and gene expression dysregulation detected in the Ts1Cje mice did not require overexpression of the chromosome 21 genes amyloid precursor protein (App) and soluble superoxide dismutase 1 (Sod1). ..
- Goridis C, Dubreuil V, Thoby Brisson M, Fortin G, Brunet J. Phox2b, congenital central hypoventilation syndrome and the control of respiration. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2010;21:814-22 pubmed publisher..Such knowledge will enable new genetic approaches towards elucidating how respiratory networks are assembled and configured in normal and pathological conditions...