Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications408 found, 100 shown here
- Jauliac S, Mazerolles F, Jabado N, Pallier A, Bernard F, Peake J, et al. Ligands of CD4 inhibit the association of phospholipase Cgamma1 with phosphoinositide 3 kinase in T cells: regulation of this association by the phosphoinositide 3 kinase activity. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:3183-91 pubmed..We propose that the products of the PI3 kinase are important mediators of the negative signaling induced by the binding of CD4 ligands to the CD4 molecule implicated in the regulation of the formation of multifunctional complexes. ..
- Biglione M, Vidan O, Mahieux R, de Colombo M, de los Angeles de Basualdo M, Bonnet M, et al. Seroepidemiological and molecular studies of human T cell lymphotropic virus type II, subtype b, in isolated groups of Mataco and Toba Indians of northern Argentina. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1999;15:407-17 pubmed..Such data help to make a phylogenetic atlas of HTLV-II among Amerindian tribes and are crucial to gain new insights into the origin and modes of dissemination of this human retrovirus in the Americas. ..
- Crescenzo Chaigne B, Naffakh N, Van Der Werf S. Comparative analysis of the ability of the polymerase complexes of influenza viruses type A, B and C to assemble into functional RNPs that allow expression and replication of heterotypic model RNA templates in vivo. Virology. 1999;265:342-53 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that less strict type-specific interactions are involved for the polymerase complex of influenza A compared with influenza B or C viruses. ..
- Pibouin L, Villaudy J, Prosperi M, Goubin G. Genomic organization and promoter identification of ZNF146, a gene encoding a protein consisting solely of zinc finger domains. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;92:80-4 pubmed..Analysis of a series of 5'-deletion constructs indicated that the first 80 bp upstream of the potential start site of transcription carry minimal promoter activity whereas the first 550 bp are required for maximal promoter activity. ..
- Mercher T, Coniat M, Monni R, Mauchauffe M, Nguyen Khac F, Gressin L, et al. Involvement of a human gene related to the Drosophila spen gene in the recurrent t(1;22) translocation of acute megakaryocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:5776-9 pubmed
- Kervestin S, Frolova L, Kisselev L, Jean Jean O. Stop codon recognition in ciliates: Euplotes release factor does not respond to reassigned UGA codon. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:680-4 pubmed..Recent hypotheses describing stop codon discrimination by eRF1 are not fully consistent with the set of eRF1 sequences available so far and require direct experimental testing...
- Heurgué Hamard V, Champ S, Engström Å, Ehrenberg M, Buckingham R. The hemK gene in Escherichia coli encodes the N(5)-glutamine methyltransferase that modifies peptide release factors. EMBO J. 2002;21:769-78 pubmed..Fast-growing spontaneous revertants in hemK K12 strains contain the mutations Thr246Ala or Thr246Ser in RF2. HemK and YfcB are the first identified methyltransferases modifying glutamine, and are widely distributed in nature. ..
- Muchardt C, Guilleme M, Seeler J, Trouche D, Dejean A, Yaniv M. Coordinated methyl and RNA binding is required for heterochromatin localization of mammalian HP1alpha. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:975-81 pubmed..Our data suggest the existence of complex heterochromatin binding sites composed of methylated histone H3 tails and RNA, with each being recognized by a separate domain of HP1alpha. ..
- Xue Z, Cheraud Y, Brocheriou V, Izmiryan A, Titeux M, Paulin D, et al. The mouse synemin gene encodes three intermediate filament proteins generated by alternative exon usage and different open reading frames. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:431-44 pubmed..The fact that the three synemin isoforms differ in the sequences of their tail domains as well as in their developmental patterns suggests that they fulfill different functions. ..
- Ziolkowska K, Derreumaux P, Folichon M, Pellegrini O, Regnier P, Boni I, et al. Hfq variant with altered RNA binding functions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2006;34:709-20 pubmed
- Fairhead C, Dujon B. Structure of Kluyveromyces lactis subtelomeres: duplications and gene content. FEMS Yeast Res. 2006;6:428-41 pubmed
- Liang D, Blouet J, Borrega F, Bon S, Massoulié J. Respective roles of the catalytic domains and C-terminal tail peptides in the oligomerization and secretory trafficking of human acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase. FEBS J. 2009;276:94-108 pubmed publisher..Sequence comparisons show that the differences between the t peptides of AChE and BChE are remarkably conserved among all vertebrates, suggesting that they reflect distinct functional adaptations. ..
- Delorme R, Betancur C, Scheid I, Anckarsater H, Chaste P, Jamain S, et al. Mutation screening of NOS1AP gene in a large sample of psychiatric patients and controls. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:108 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, we report the first non-synonymous variations within the human NOS1AP gene that warrant further genetic and functional investigations to ascertain their roles in the susceptibility to psychiatric disorders. ..
- Babajko S, Meary F, Petit S, Fernandes I, Berdal A. Transcriptional regulation of MSX1 natural antisense transcript. Cells Tissues Organs. 2011;194:151-5 pubmed publisher..The significance of this finding is that disturbance of the balance between Msx1 S and AS RNA status may be associated with tooth agenesis and bone loss. ..
- Georges A, Benayoun B, Marongiu M, Dipietromaria A, L hôte D, Todeschini A, et al. SUMOylation of the Forkhead transcription factor FOXL2 promotes its stabilization/activation through transient recruitment to PML bodies. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25463 pubmed publisher..FOXL2 acetylation, sulfation, phosphorylation as well as other modifications yet to be discovered might alter the transactivation capacity of FOXL2 and/or its stability, thus modulating its global intracellular activity. ..
- Cockburn J, Navarro Sanchez M, Goncalvez A, Zaitseva E, Stura E, Kikuti C, et al. Structural insights into the neutralization mechanism of a higher primate antibody against dengue virus. EMBO J. 2012;31:767-79 pubmed publisher..This study, thus, provides new information and tools for effective vaccine design to prevent dengue disease. ..
- Montagné N, Chertemps T, Brigaud I, François A, François M, de Fouchier A, et al. Functional characterization of a sex pheromone receptor in the pest moth Spodoptera littoralis by heterologous expression in Drosophila. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:2588-96 pubmed publisher..This approach appears to be efficient and reliable for studying moth pheromone receptors in an in vivo context. ..
- de Cr cy Lagard V, Bouvet O, Lejeune P, Danchin A. Fructose catabolism in Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris. Sequence of the PTS operon, characterization of the fructose-specific enzymes. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:18154-61 pubmed..Several other enzymes of fructose metabolism were assayed and a potential pathway for fructose catabolism is presented...
- Bordereaux D, Fichelson S, Tambourin P, Gisselbrecht S. Alternative splicing of the Evi-1 zinc finger gene generates mRNAs which differ by the number of zinc finger motifs. Oncogene. 1990;5:925-7 pubmed..This was confirmed by Northern blot analysis and S1 mapping experiments. Therefore, the Evi-1 gene codes potentially for at least two proteins of 1042 and 718 amino acids differing in the numbers of their zinc-finger motifs. ..
- De The H, Marchio A, Tiollais P, Dejean A. A novel steroid thyroid hormone receptor-related gene inappropriately expressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Nature. 1987;330:667-70 pubmed..The data suggest that the hap gene product may be a novel ligand-responsive regulatory protein whose inappropriate expression in liver may relate to the hepatocellular carcinogenesis. ..
- Soulard M, Della Valle V, Siomi M, Pinol Roma S, Codogno P, Bauvy C, et al. hnRNP G: sequence and characterization of a glycosylated RNA-binding protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:4210-7 pubmed..The RBD of human hnRNP G shows striking similarities with the RBDs of several plant RNA-binding proteins. ..
- Serina L, Blondin C, Krin E, Sismeiro O, Danchin A, Sakamoto H, et al. Escherichia coli UMP-kinase, a member of the aspartokinase family, is a hexamer regulated by guanine nucleotides and UTP. Biochemistry. 1995;34:5066-74 pubmed..The sigmoidal shape of the dose-response curve indicated cooperativity in binding of UTP and UDP.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Le Roux I, Joliot A, Bloch Gallego E, Prochiantz A, Volovitch M. Neurotrophic activity of the Antennapedia homeodomain depends on its specific DNA-binding properties. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:9120-4 pubmed..We propose that homeoproteins might regulate important events in the morphological differentiation of the postmitotic neuron. ..
- Guilvout I, Mercereau Puijalon O, Bonnefoy S, Pugsley A, Carniel E. High-molecular-weight protein 2 of Yersinia enterocolitica is homologous to AngR of Vibrio anguillarum and belongs to a family of proteins involved in nonribosomal peptide synthesis. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:5488-504 pubmed..This finding suggests that HMWP2 may participate in the nonribosomal synthesis of small biologically active peptides...
- Prosperi M, Ferbus D, Karczinski I, Goubin G. A human cDNA corresponding to a gene overexpressed during cell proliferation encodes a product sharing homology with amoebic and bacterial proteins. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:11050-6 pubmed
- Guenet J, Simon Chazottes D, De Robertis E, Blum M. The mouse goosecoïd gene (Gsc) maps to the telomeric part of mouse chromosome 12. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:816-7 pubmed
- Schutze Redelmeier M, Gournier H, Garcia Pons F, Moussa M, Joliot A, Volovitch M, et al. Introduction of exogenous antigens into the MHC class I processing and presentation pathway by Drosophila antennapedia homeodomain primes cytotoxic T cells in vivo. J Immunol. 1996;157:650-5 pubmed..The strategy outlined in this paper provides a new approach for introducing molecules into the MHC class I Ag-presenting pathway. This approach has clear relevance to the design of synthetic peptide-based vaccines. ..
- Marceau M, Forest K, B retti J, Tainer J, Nassif X. Consequences of the loss of O-linked glycosylation of meningococcal type IV pilin on piliation and pilus-mediated adhesion. Mol Microbiol. 1998;27:705-15 pubmed
- Mahieux R, Horal P, Mauclere P, Mercereau Puijalon O, Guillotte M, Meertens L, et al. Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type 1 gag indeterminate western blot patterns in Central Africa: relationship to Plasmodium falciparum infection. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:4049-57 pubmed..These data suggest that in Central Africa, this frequent and specific Western blot is not caused by HTLV-1 infection but could instead be associated with P. falciparum infection. ..
- Amrani Y, Voegtlé D, Montagutelli X, Cazenave P, Six A. The Ig light chain restricted B6.kappa(-)lambda(SEG) mouse strain suggests that the IGL locus genomic organization is subject to constant evolution. Immunogenetics. 2002;54:106-19 pubmed..The study of the organization of different IGL loci, in addition to the V lambda 4(+) reported here, could elucidate questions concerning the evolution of the lambda locus. ..
- Fontana P, Dupont A, Gandrille S, Bachelot Loza C, Reny J, Aiach M, et al. Adenosine diphosphate-induced platelet aggregation is associated with P2Y12 gene sequence variations in healthy subjects. Circulation. 2003;108:989-95 pubmed..Given the crucial role of the P2Y12 receptor in platelet functions, carriers of the H2 haplotype may have an increased risk of atherothrombosis and/or a lesser clinical response to drugs inhibiting platelet function. ..
- Goulvestre C, Chereau C, Nicco C, Mouthon L, Weill B, Batteux F. A mimic of p21WAF1/CIP1 ameliorates murine lupus. J Immunol. 2005;175:6959-67 pubmed..Those observations open new avenues for the treatment of SLE and prompt us to evaluate the potential interest of peptidic therapy in human SLE. ..
- Caldas T, Malki A, Kern R, Abdallah J, Richarme G. The Escherichia coli thioredoxin homolog YbbN/Trxsc is a chaperone and a weak protein oxidoreductase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:780-6 pubmed
- Durand C, Betancur C, Boeckers T, Bockmann J, Chaste P, Fauchereau F, et al. Mutations in the gene encoding the synaptic scaffolding protein SHANK3 are associated with autism spectrum disorders. Nat Genet. 2007;39:25-7 pubmed..These mutations concern only a small number of individuals, but they shed light on one gene dosage-sensitive synaptic pathway that is involved in autism spectrum disorders. ..
- Noureddine H, Carvalho S, Schmitt C, Massoulié J, Bon S. Acetylcholinesterase associates differently with its anchoring proteins ColQ and PRiMA. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:20722-32 pubmed publisher..Complexes with PQ or with PRiMA contained heavy components, which migrated abnormally in SDS-PAGE but probably resulted from disulfide bonding of four AChE(T) subunits with the four upstream cysteines of the associated protein. ..
- Peron S, Metin A, Gardès P, Alyanakian M, Sheridan E, Kratz C, et al. Human PMS2 deficiency is associated with impaired immunoglobulin class switch recombination. J Exp Med. 2008;205:2465-72 pubmed publisher..It is characterized by the defective occurrence of double-strand DNA breaks (DSBs) in switch regions and abnormal formation of switch junctions. This observation strongly suggests a role for PMS2 in CSR-induced DSB generation. ..
- Chouquet B, Bozzolan F, Solvar M, Duportets L, Jacquin Joly E, Lucas P, et al. Molecular cloning and expression patterns of a putative olfactory diacylglycerol kinase from the noctuid moth Spodoptera littoralis. Insect Mol Biol. 2008;17:485-93 pubmed..These data provide the first molecular characterization of a DGK potentially involved in the regulation of signalling pathways responsible for the establishment and/or the functioning of the olfactory system in Lepidoptera. ..
- Faradji F, Bloyer S, Dardalhon Cuménal D, Randsholt N, Peronnet F. Drosophila melanogaster Cyclin G coordinates cell growth and cell proliferation. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:805-18 pubmed..Control of cell growth and cell cycle by Cyclin G might be achieved via interaction with a network of partners, notably the cyclin-dependent kinases CDK4 and CDK2. ..
- De The H, Lavau C, Marchio A, Chomienne C, Degos L, Dejean A. The PML-RAR alpha fusion mRNA generated by the t(15;17) translocation in acute promyelocytic leukemia encodes a functionally altered RAR. Cell. 1991;66:675-84 pubmed..These observations suggest that in APL, the t(15;17) translocation generates an RAR mutant that could contribute to leukemogenesis through interference with promyelocytic differentiation. ..
- Petropoulos I, Part D, Ochoa A, Zakin M, Lamas E. NOR-2 (neuron-derived orphan receptor), a brain zinc finger protein, is highly induced during liver regeneration. FEBS Lett. 1995;372:273-8 pubmed..Structurally, NOR-2 is closely related to the recently identified NOR-1 factor. Therefore, like NOR-1, NOR-2 belongs to the r-NGFI-B sub-family of nuclear receptors superfamily. ..
- Labesse G, Vidal Cros A, Chomilier J, Gaudry M, Mornon J. Structural comparisons lead to the definition of a new superfamily of NAD(P)(H)-accepting oxidoreductases: the single-domain reductases/epimerases/dehydrogenases (the 'RED' family). Biochem J. 1994;304 ( Pt 1):95-9 pubmed..The involvement of some amino acids in catalysis is discussed. Comparison with two-domain dehydrogenases allows us to distinguish two general mechanisms of divergent evolution...
- Vanhoutteghem A, Londero T, Ghinea N, Djian P. Serial cultivation of chicken keratinocytes, a composite cell type that accumulates lipids and synthesizes a novel beta-keratin. Differentiation. 2004;72:123-37 pubmed
- Graffe M, Dondon J, Caillet J, Romby P, Ehresmann C, Ehresmann B, et al. The specificity of translational control switched with transfer RNA identity rules. Science. 1992;255:994-6 pubmed..This identity swap in the leader messenger RNA indicates that tRNA identity rules may be extended to interactions of synthetases with other RNAs. ..
- Bach I, Mattei M, Cereghini S, Yaniv M. Two members of an HNF1 homeoprotein family are expressed in human liver. Nucleic Acids Res. 1991;19:3553-9 pubmed..We assigned the vHNF-1 gene to human chromosome 17 and murine chromosome 11. These chromosomal localizations differ from that of the HNF-1 gene indicating that both genes are not clustered on the genome. ..
- Montarras D, Chelly J, Bober E, Arnold H, Ott M, Gros F, et al. Developmental patterns in the expression of Myf5, MyoD, myogenin, and MRF4 during myogenesis. New Biol. 1991;3:592-600 pubmed..Temporal and phenotypic differences related to the expression of Myf5, MyoD, Myogenin, and MRF4 suggest that these factors fulfil distinct roles in the control of myogenesis. ..
- Cox R, Weydert A, Barlow D, Buckingham M. Three linked myosin heavy chain genes clustered within 370 kb of each other show independent transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulation during differentiation of a mouse muscle cell line. Dev Biol. 1991;143:36-43 pubmed..Post-transcriptional mechanisms also regulate cytoplasmic RNA accumulation of these MHC genes. ..
- Gilson E, Perrin D, Hofnung M. DNA polymerase I and a protein complex bind specifically to E. coli palindromic unit highly repetitive DNA: implications for bacterial chromosome organization. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3941-52 pubmed..The other activity contained at least five polypeptides. Its binding to PU DNA sequences was confirmed by native gel electrophoresis. Implications for the possible origin and functions of PU are discussed. ..
- Chelly J, Gilgenkrantz H, Lambert M, Hamard G, Chafey P, Recan D, et al. Effect of dystrophin gene deletions on mRNA levels and processing in Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies. Cell. 1990;63:1239-48 pubmed..In two BMD patients with out-of-frame deletions, the presence of minor in-frame alternatively spliced mRNA species is congruent with the observed truncated dystrophin and the mild phenotype. ..
- Pfarr C, Mechta F, Spyrou G, Lallemand D, Carillo S, Yaniv M. Mouse JunD negatively regulates fibroblast growth and antagonizes transformation by ras. Cell. 1994;76:747-60 pubmed..In addition, JunD partially suppresses transformation by an activated ras gene whereas c-Jun cooperates with ras to transform cells. These data indicate that two closely related transcription factors can function in an opposing manner. ..
- Sage E, Drobetsky E, Moustacchi E. 8-Methoxypsoralen induced mutations are highly targeted at crosslinkable sites of photoaddition on the non-transcribed strand of a mammalian chromosomal gene. EMBO J. 1993;12:397-402 pubmed..We therefore suggest a model for mutagenesis, induced by psoralen biadducts, based on the preferential incision of biadducts followed by translesion synthesis past modified T bases persisting on the non-transcribed strand. ..
- Del Porto P, Bruno L, Mattei M, von Boehmer H, Saint Ruf C. Cloning and comparative analysis of the human pre-T-cell receptor alpha-chain gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:12105-9 pubmed..The human pTalpha gene is expressed in immature but not mature T cells and is located at the p21.2-p12 region of the short arm of chromosome 6. ..
- Hermand P, Le Pennec P, Rouger P, Cartron J, Bailly P. Characterization of the gene encoding the human LW blood group protein in LW+ and LW- phenotypes. Blood. 1996;87:2962-7 pubmed..No detectable abnormality of the LW gene or transcript could be detected in another LW(a- b-) individual (Nic), suggesting the heterogeneity of these phenotypes. ..
- Kermarrec N, Dubay C, de Gouyon B, Blanpied C, Gauguier D, Gillespie K, et al. Serum IgE concentration and other immune manifestations of treatment with gold salts are linked to the MHC and IL4 regions in the rat. Genomics. 1996;31:111-4 pubmed..Taken together, these findings raise the possibility that homologous genes could be implicated in ATPS manifestations in the rat and in the regulation of IgE levels in the human. ..
- Chretien S, Varlet P, Verdier F, Gobert S, Cartron J, Gisselbrecht S, et al. Erythropoietin-induced erythroid differentiation of the human erythroleukemia cell line TF-1 correlates with impaired STAT5 activation. EMBO J. 1996;15:4174-81 pubmed..In contrast, Epo-induced differentiation was reduced strongly in infected TF-1ER cells. These results suggest that Epo-induced differentiation correlates with impaired Epo-induced STAT5 activation. ..
- Peter M, Couturier J, Pacquement H, Michon J, Thomas G, Magdelenat H, et al. A new member of the ETS family fused to EWS in Ewing tumors. Oncogene. 1997;14:1159-64 pubmed..Following a scheme similar to previously described translocations in Ewing tumors, a t(2;22) chromosome translocation fuses the N-terminal domain of EWS to the ETS DNA binding domain of FEV. ..
- Sacerdot C, Caillet J, Graffe M, Eyermann F, Ehresmann B, Ehresmann C, et al. The Escherichia coli threonyl-tRNA synthetase gene contains a split ribosomal binding site interrupted by a hairpin structure that is essential for autoregulation. Mol Microbiol. 1998;29:1077-90 pubmed..As the repressor and the ribosome bind to interspersed domains, the competition between ThrRS and ribosome for thrS mRNA binding can be explained by steric hindrance. ..
- Place C, Oddos J, Buc H, McAllister W, Buckle M. Studies of contacts between T7 RNA polymerase and its promoter reveal features in common with multisubunit RNA polymerases. Biochemistry. 1999;38:4948-57 pubmed..A comparison of these results with the interaction of Escherichia coli RNA polymerase at the lac promoter reveals strong similarities in the manner in which these polymerases recognize their promoters. ..
- Vleurick L, Pezet A, Kuhn E, Decuypere E, Edery M. A beta-turn endocytic code is required for optimal internalization of the growth hormone receptor but not for alpha-adaptin association. Mol Endocrinol. 1999;13:1823-31 pubmed..Finally, the present study illustrates that functional amino acid motifs of receptors can be derived from comparative studies. ..
- Khelifi Younes C, Dambrine G, Cherel Y, Soubieux D, Li C, Perbal B. Deletions within the U3 long terminal repeat alter the tumorigenic potential of myeloblastosis associated virus type 1(N). Virology. 2003;316:84-9 pubmed..The results obtained indicated that deletions of the LTRs resulted in a modification of the pathogenic spectrum of MAV-1(N) and a decreased efficiency for nephroblastoma induction. ..
- Etournay R, El Amraoui A, Bahloul A, Blanchard S, Roux I, Pezeron G, et al. PHR1, an integral membrane protein of the inner ear sensory cells, directly interacts with myosin 1c and myosin VIIa. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2891-9 pubmed..Moreover, as both myosins have been implicated in the mechanotransduction slow adaptation process that takes place in the hair bundles, we propose that PHR1 is also involved in this process. ..
- Zhu L, Vranckx R, Khau Van Kien P, Lalande A, Boisset N, Mathieu F, et al. Mutations in myosin heavy chain 11 cause a syndrome associating thoracic aortic aneurysm/aortic dissection and patent ductus arteriosus. Nat Genet. 2006;38:343-9 pubmed..Human MYH11 gene mutations provide the first example of a direct change in a specific SMC protein leading to an inherited arterial disease. ..
- Calattini S, Wanert F, Thierry B, Schmitt C, Bassot S, Saib A, et al. Modes of transmission and genetic diversity of foamy viruses in a Macaca tonkeana colony. Retrovirology. 2006;3:23 pubmed
- Mollet J, Giurgea I, Schlemmer D, Dallner G, Chretien D, Delahodde A, et al. Prenyldiphosphate synthase, subunit 1 (PDSS1) and OH-benzoate polyprenyltransferase (COQ2) mutations in ubiquinone deficiency and oxidative phosphorylation disorders. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:765-72 pubmed
- Andre S, Kerfourn F, Affaticati P, Guerci A, Ravassard P, Fellah J. Highly restricted diversity of TCR delta chains of the amphibian Mexican axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum) in peripheral tissues. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:1621-33 pubmed..Gene expression analysis showed the importance of the gut in T cell development. ..
- Louvel H, Betton J, Picardeau M. Heme rescues a two-component system Leptospira biflexa mutant. BMC Microbiol. 2008;8:25 pubmed publisher..biflexa, and suggest that this two-component system is involved in a complex mechanism that regulates the heme biosynthetic pathway. ..
- Couradeau E, Benzerara K, Gérard E, Moreira D, Bernard S, Brown G, et al. An early-branching microbialite cyanobacterium forms intracellular carbonates. Science. 2012;336:459-62 pubmed publisher..This discovery expands the diversity of organisms capable of forming amorphous calcium carbonates...
- Krupovic M, Gonnet M, Hania W, Forterre P, Erauso G. Insights into dynamics of mobile genetic elements in hyperthermophilic environments from five new Thermococcus plasmids. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e49044 pubmed publisher..Finally, the plasmids described here might prove to be useful in developing new genetic tools for hyperthermophiles...
- Ranaei Siadat E, Fabret C, Seijo B, Dardel F, Grosjean H, Nonin Lecomte S. RNA-methyltransferase TrmA is a dual-specific enzyme responsible for C5-methylation of uridine in both tmRNA and tRNA. RNA Biol. 2013;10:572-8 pubmed publisher..The evidence comes from the lack of m (5)U in purified tmRNA or TLD variants recovered from an Escherichia coli mutant strain deleted of the trmA gene. Detection of m (5)U in RNA was performed by NMR analysis...
- Halley C, Courtois Y, Laurent M. Nucleotide sequence of bovine acidic fibroblast growth factor cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:10913 pubmed
- Martin A, Escriou N, Chao S, Girard M, Lemon S, Wychowski C. Identification and site-directed mutagenesis of the primary (2A/2B) cleavage site of the hepatitis A virus polyprotein: functional impact on the infectivity of HAV RNA transcripts. Virology. 1995;213:213-22 pubmed..Arg substitution abolished cleavage and was lethal to HAV replication. In addition to identifying the site of the primary HAV polyprotein cleavage, these results shed light on the in vivo specificities of the HAV 3C protease. ..
- Olives B, Martial S, Mattei M, Matassi G, Rousselet G, Ripoche P, et al. Molecular characterization of a new urea transporter in the human kidney. FEBS Lett. 1996;386:156-60 pubmed..By in situ hybridization, the gene encoding HUT2 has been assigned to chromosome 18q12.1-q21-1, as found previously for the Kidd/urea transporter HUT11, suggesting that both genes evolved from duplication of a common ancestor. ..
- Latour S, Fridman W, Daeron M. Identification, molecular cloning, biologic properties, and tissue distribution of a novel isoform of murine low-affinity IgG receptor homologous to human Fc gamma RIIB1. J Immunol. 1996;157:189-97 pubmed..We propose to name it Fc gamma RIIB1'. Fc gamma RIIB1' was expressed in myeloid and lymphoid cell lines, in normal spleen cells, and in resting or LPS-activated B cells. ..
- Alzari P, Souchon H, Dominguez R. The crystal structure of endoglucanase CelA, a family 8 glycosyl hydrolase from Clostridium thermocellum. Structure. 1996;4:265-75 pubmed
- Perrault I, Rozet J, Calvas P, Gerber S, Camuzat A, Dollfus H, et al. Retinal-specific guanylate cyclase gene mutations in Leber's congenital amaurosis. Nat Genet. 1996;14:461-4 pubmed
- Sureau A, Soret J, Guyon C, Gaillard C, Dumon S, Keller M, et al. Characterization of multiple alternative RNAs resulting from antisense transcription of the PR264/SC35 splicing factor gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1997;25:4513-22 pubmed..Northern blot analyses performed with several murine tissues confirmed the differential expression of the ET gene and revealed that it is predominantly expressed in the testis. ..
- Francetic O, Lory S, Pugsley A. A second prepilin peptidase gene in Escherichia coli K-12. Mol Microbiol. 1998;27:763-75 pubmed..Polymerase chain reaction and Southern hybridization analyses revealed the presence of the pppA gene in 12 out of 15 E. coli isolates. ..
- Neyrolles O, Eliane J, Ferris S, da Cunha R, Prevost M, Bahraoui E, et al. Antigenic characterization and cytolocalization of P35, the major Mycoplasma penetrans antigen. Microbiology. 1999;145 ( Pt 2):343-55 pubmed..In addition, the P35-derived immunodominant synthetic peptides defined in this study, as well as the purified rP35delta0, provide the antigenic material for the necessary improvement of M. penetrans serological assays...
- Meier J, de Chaldée M, Triller A, Vannier C. Functional heterogeneity of gephyrins. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2000;16:566-77 pubmed..Identified cassettes modulate this interaction. It is thus concluded that the function of gephyrin in synapse formation can rely on a structure acquired through cassette combinations. ..
- de Lonlay P, Valnot I, Barrientos A, Gorbatyuk M, Tzagoloff A, Taanman J, et al. A mutant mitochondrial respiratory chain assembly protein causes complex III deficiency in patients with tubulopathy, encephalopathy and liver failure. Nat Genet. 2001;29:57-60 pubmed..Complementation study in yeast confirmed the deleterious effect of these mutations. Mutation of BCS1L would seem to be a frequent cause of CIII deficiency, as one-third of our patients have BCS1L mutations. ..
- Abachin E, Poyart C, Pellegrini E, Milohanic E, Fiedler F, Berche P, et al. Formation of D-alanyl-lipoteichoic acid is required for adhesion and virulence of Listeria monocytogenes. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1-14 pubmed..These results show that the D-alanylation of the LTAs contributes to the virulence of the intracellular pathogen L. monocytogenes. ..
- Perez F, Pernet Gallay K, Nizak C, Goodson H, Kreis T, Goud B. CLIPR-59, a new trans-Golgi/TGN cytoplasmic linker protein belonging to the CLIP-170 family. J Cell Biol. 2002;156:631-42 pubmed..However, CLIPR-59 overexpression strongly perturbs early/recycling endosome-TGN dynamics, implicating CLIPR-59 in the regulation of this pathway. ..
- Beggah A, Escoubet B, Puttini S, Cailmail S, Delage V, Ouvrard Pascaud A, et al. Reversible cardiac fibrosis and heart failure induced by conditional expression of an antisense mRNA of the mineralocorticoid receptor in cardiomyocytes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:7160-5 pubmed..Moreover, cardiac failure and fibrosis were fully reversible when MR antisense mRNA expression was subsequently suppressed. ..
- Feldmann J, Prieur A, Quartier P, Berquin P, Certain S, Cortis E, et al. Chronic infantile neurological cutaneous and articular syndrome is caused by mutations in CIAS1, a gene highly expressed in polymorphonuclear cells and chondrocytes. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;71:198-203 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that CIAS1 missense mutations can result in distinct phenotypes with only a few overlapping symptoms and suggest that this gene may function as a potential inducer of apoptosis. ..
- Mora L, Zavialov A, Ehrenberg M, Buckingham R. Stop codon recognition and interactions with peptide release factor RF3 of truncated and chimeric RF1 and RF2 from Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2003;50:1467-76 pubmed..However, the N-terminal domain seems not to be required for the expulsion of RF1 or RF2 by RF3:GTP. ..
- Baudry E, Viginier B, Veuille M. Non-African populations of Drosophila melanogaster have a unique origin. Mol Biol Evol. 2004;21:1482-91 pubmed..Since population history may result in non-equilibrium variation patterns, our study confirms that the search for footprints of selection in the D. melanogaster genome must include a sufficient understanding of its history. ..
- Jeanneteau F, Funalot B, Jankovic J, Deng H, Lagarde J, Lucotte G, et al. A functional variant of the dopamine D3 receptor is associated with risk and age-at-onset of essential tremor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:10753-8 pubmed
- Stevanin G, Santorelli F, Azzedine H, Coutinho P, Chomilier J, Denora P, et al. Mutations in SPG11, encoding spatacsin, are a major cause of spastic paraplegia with thin corpus callosum. Nat Genet. 2007;39:366-72 pubmed..The identification of the function of the gene will provide insight into the mechanisms leading to the degeneration of the corticospinal tract and other brain structures in this frequent form of ARHSP...
- Baixench M, Aoun N, Desnos Ollivier M, Garcia Hermoso D, Bretagne S, Ramires S, et al. Acquired resistance to echinocandins in Candida albicans: case report and review. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2007;59:1076-83 pubmed..Our results indicate that is it useful to perform in vitro susceptibility testing in the cases of clinical failure during caspofungin therapy. ..