Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular cloning in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: molecular cloning
- Poinsignon C, Moshous D, Callebaut I, de Chasseval R, Villey I, de Villartay J. The metallo-beta-lactamase/beta-CASP domain of Artemis constitutes the catalytic core for V(D)J recombination. J Exp Med. 2004;199:315-21 pubmed
- Slim R, Levilliers J, Ludecke H, Claussen U, Nguyen V, Gough N, et al. A human pseudoautosomal gene encodes the ANT3 ADP/ATP translocase and escapes X-inactivation. Genomics. 1993;16:26-33 pubmed..This gene is transcribed from the Y chromosome and from the active and inactive X chromosomes. This gene thus escapes X-inactivation as predicted for genes belonging to the pseudoautosomal region. ..
- Kerjean A, Dupont J, Vasseur C, Le Tessier D, Cuisset L, Paldi A, et al. Establishment of the paternal methylation imprint of the human H19 and MEST/PEG1 genes during spermatogenesis. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:2183-7 pubmed..The paternal-specific imprint is re-established only later, during spermatogonial differentiation in the adult testis. ..
- Boute N, Gribouval O, Roselli S, Benessy F, Lee H, Fuchshuber A, et al. NPHS2, encoding the glomerular protein podocin, is mutated in autosomal recessive steroid-resistant nephrotic syndrome. Nat Genet. 2000;24:349-54 pubmed..We found ten different NPHS2 mutations, comprising nonsense, frameshift and missense mutations, to segregate with the disease, demonstrating a crucial role for podocin in the function of the glomerular filtration barrier. ..
- Delage Mourroux R, Pichaud F, Frendo J, Pidoux E, Guliana J, Moukhtar M, et al. Cloning and sequencing of a new 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase related mRNA. Gene. 1997;188:143-8 pubmed..RNase protection assays confirmed that TT cells expressed this mRNA (PGDH(rII)). Thus different splicing patterns could be involved in the post-transcriptional regulation of type-I 15-PGDH gene in MTC. ..
- Azeddoug H, Reysset G. Cloning and sequencing of a chromosomal fragment from Clostridium acetobutylicum strain ABKn8 conferring chemical-damaging agents and UV resistance to E. coli recA strains. Curr Microbiol. 1994;29:229-35 pubmed..strains and to an AMP-binding protein (CABP1) found in Dictyostelium discoideum. The existence of these homologous proteins suggests that they may perform a similar key function in the three unrelated organisms. ..
- Cruz Ramos H, Glaser P, Wray L, Fisher S. The Bacillus subtilis ureABC operon. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:3371-3 pubmed..Disruption of ureC prevented utilization of urea as a nitrogen source and resulted in a partial growth defect in minimal medium containing limiting amounts of arginine or allantoin as the sole nitrogen source. ..
- Muller B, Lafay F, Demangel C, Perrin P, Tordo N, Flamand A, et al. Phage-displayed and soluble mouse scFv fragments neutralize rabies virus. J Virol Methods. 1997;67:221-33 pubmed..A cocktail of multispecific neutralizing antibodies could contain monovalent, bivalent or tetravalent scFv fragments, for passive immunoglobulin therapy...
- Skouloubris S, Labigne A, De Reuse H. Identification and characterization of an aliphatic amidase in Helicobacter pylori. Mol Microbiol. 1997;25:989-98 pubmed..The existence of an aliphatic amidase, a correlation between the urease and amidase activities and the possible presence of a formamidase indicates that H. pylori has a large range of possibilities for intracellular ammonia production...
- Romana S, Mauchauffe M, Le Coniat M, Chumakov I, Le Paslier D, Berger R, et al. The t(12;21) of acute lymphoblastic leukemia results in a tel-AML1 gene fusion. Blood. 1995;85:3662-70 pubmed
- Gimenez Roqueplo A, Celerier J, Lucarelli G, Corvol P, Jeunemaitre X. Role of N-glycosylation in human angiotensinogen. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:21232-8 pubmed..The thermal stability of the N-4 protein was unaffected by deglycosylation, suggesting that it was correctly folded. This deglycosylated recombinant human angiotensinogen could be of value for x-ray crystallography studies. ..
- Gicquel C, Le Bouc Y, Luton J, Girard F, Bertagna X. Monoclonality of corticotroph macroadenomas in Cushing's disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1992;75:472-5 pubmed..Ours results show that a somatic modification plays an important role in the pathogenesis of corticotroph macroadenomas allowing monoclonal expansion of a genetically aberrant cell...
- Athman R, Louvard D, Robine S. Villin enhances hepatocyte growth factor-induced actin cytoskeleton remodeling in epithelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:4641-53 pubmed..Collectively, these data demonstrate that villin acts as a regulator of HGF-induced actin dynamics. ..
- Saint Ruf C, Ungewiss K, Groettrup M, Bruno L, Fehling H, von Boehmer H. Analysis and expression of a cloned pre-T cell receptor gene. Science. 1994;266:1208-12 pubmed..Identification of the pT alpha gene represents an essential step in the structure-function analysis of the pre-TCR complex. ..
- Taha M, So M, Seifert H, Billyard E, Marchal C. Pilin expression in Neisseria gonorrhoeae is under both positive and negative transcriptional control. EMBO J. 1988;7:4367-78 pubmed..9 kd respectively. The pilA and pilB genes are in opposite orientation relative to each other, and the 5' ends of the two genes overlap. We discuss how these two loci may interact to control pilin expression in the gonococcus...
- Jackson M, Berthet F, Otal I, Rauzier J, Martin C, Gicquel B, et al. The Mycobacterium tuberculosis purine biosynthetic pathway: isolation and characterization of the purC and purL genes. Microbiology. 1996;142 ( Pt 9):2439-47 pubmed..Transcriptional start sites were mapped for both genes, which revealed similar-10 boxes but with a higher GC content than the Escherichia coli sigma 70 consensus. ..
- Toure A, Morin L, Pineau C, Becq F, Dorseuil O, Gacon G. Tat1, a novel sulfate transporter specifically expressed in human male germ cells and potentially linked to rhogtpase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20309-15 pubmed..These observations raise the possibility of a new regulatory pathway linking sulfate transport to Rho signaling in male germ cells. ..
- Morin P, Sagné C, Gasnier B. Functional characterization of wild-type and mutant human sialin. EMBO J. 2004;23:4560-70 pubmed..Since neurological symptoms predominate in Salla disease, our results suggest that sialin is rate-limiting to specific sialic acid-dependent processes of the nervous system...
- Berthet F, Rasmussen P, Rosenkrands I, Andersen P, Gicquel B. A Mycobacterium tuberculosis operon encoding ESAT-6 and a novel low-molecular-mass culture filtrate protein (CFP-10). Microbiology. 1998;144 ( Pt 11):3195-203 pubmed..These results show that the genes encoding CFP-10 and ESAT-6 are transcribed together in M. tuberculosis and that both code for small exported proteins. ..
- Hennig D, Scales S, Moreau A, Murley L, De Mey J, Kreis T. A formiminotransferase cyclodeaminase isoform is localized to the Golgi complex and can mediate interaction of trans-Golgi network-derived vesicles with microtubules. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19602-11 pubmed
- Lefebvre C, Terret M, Djiane A, Rassinier P, Maro B, Verlhac M. Meiotic spindle stability depends on MAPK-interacting and spindle-stabilizing protein (MISS), a new MAPK substrate. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:603-13 pubmed..We therefore have discovered a new MAPK substrate involved in maintaining spindle integrity during the CSF arrest of mouse oocytes, called MISS (for MAP kinase-interacting and spindle-stabilizing protein). ..
- Olives B, Martial S, Mattei M, Matassi G, Rousselet G, Ripoche P, et al. Molecular characterization of a new urea transporter in the human kidney. FEBS Lett. 1996;386:156-60 pubmed..By in situ hybridization, the gene encoding HUT2 has been assigned to chromosome 18q12.1-q21-1, as found previously for the Kidd/urea transporter HUT11, suggesting that both genes evolved from duplication of a common ancestor. ..
- Camus A, Kress C, Babinet C, Barra J. Unexpected behavior of a gene trap vector comprising a fusion between the Sh ble and the lacZ genes. Mol Reprod Dev. 1996;45:255-63 pubmed..Germline chimeras were subsequently obtained and 15 mouse lines have been established. Intercrosses of animals heterozygous for the insertion revealed a mutant phenotype in several lines. ..
- Moldes M, Feve B, Pairault J. Molecular cloning of a major mRNA species in murine 3T3 adipocyte lineage. differentiation-dependent expression, regulation, and identification as semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:9515-23 pubmed..Because of its known stimulatory effect on glucose transport, its biochemical properties and its pattern of expression and regulation, SSAO could play an important role in the regulation of adipocyte homeostasis. ..
- Nomaksteinsky M, Röttinger E, Dufour H, Chettouh Z, Lowe C, Martindale M, et al. Centralization of the deuterostome nervous system predates chordates. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1264-9 pubmed publisher..These neuroanatomical features, whatever their homologies with the chordate CNS, imply that nervous system centralization predates the evolutionary separation of chordate and hemichordate lineages. ..
- Gilles A, Sismeiro O, Munier H, Fabian H, Mantsch H, Surewicz W, et al. Structural and physico-chemical characteristics of Bordetella pertussis adenylate kinase, a tryptophan-containing enzyme. Eur J Biochem. 1993;218:921-7 pubmed..coli showed that the kinetic and structural properties of the two enzymes are very similar. However, infrared spectroscopy has allowed to identify small but significant differences in the secondary structure of the two proteins. ..
- Pellet P, Tsapis A, Brouet J. Alpha heavy chain disease of patient MAL: structure of the non-functional rearranged alpha gene translocated on chromosome 9. Eur J Immunol. 1990;20:2731-5 pubmed..e. alterations reminiscent of those occurring on the HCD productive genes...
- Baccala R, Quang T, Gilbert M, Ternynck T, Avrameas S. Two murine natural polyreactive autoantibodies are encoded by nonmutated germ-line genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:4624-8 pubmed
- Ray D, Culine S, Tavitain A, Moreau Gachelin F. The human homologue of the putative proto-oncogene Spi-1: characterization and expression in tumors. Oncogene. 1990;5:663-8 pubmed..Spi-1 expression was detected in all the tumors examined. There was no noticeable evidence of messenger RNA alteration as compared to normal tissues. ..
- Le Gall M, Tobin V, Stolarczyk E, Dalet V, Leturque A, Brot Laroche E. Sugar sensing by enterocytes combines polarity, membrane bound detectors and sugar metabolism. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:834-43 pubmed..This provides a rationale for how intestine adapts sugar delivery to blood and dietary sugar provision. ..
- Wang J, Chenivesse X, Henglein B, Brechot C. Hepatitis B virus integration in a cyclin A gene in a hepatocellular carcinoma. Nature. 1990;343:555-7 pubmed..The cyclin A gene has several exons, and the HBV integration occurs within an intron. As cyclins are important in the control of cell division, the disruption of a cyclin A gene by viral insertion might contribute to tumorigenesis. ..
- Escuyer V, Haddad N, Frehel C, Berche P. Molecular characterization of a surface-exposed superoxide dismutase of Mycobacterium avium. Microb Pathog. 1996;20:41-55 pubmed..smegmatis, it was also exposed at the surface of bacteria and released in supernates, but this was not sufficient to protect this recombinant mycobacterium from the killing mechanisms of macrophages. ..
- Pichaud F, Frendo J, Delage Mourroux R, De Vernejoul M, Moukhtar M, Jullienne A. Sequence of a novel mRNA coding for a C-terminal-truncated form of human NAD(+)-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase. Gene. 1995;162:319-22 pubmed..Hybridization studies using specific probes indicated that this new mRNA form probably corresponded to the 3.4-kb mRNA, one of the two 15-PGDH mRNAs previously detected in Northern blot analysis. ..
- Muchardt C, Sardet C, Bourachot B, Onufryk C, Yaniv M. A human protein with homology to Saccharomyces cerevisiae SNF5 interacts with the potential helicase hbrm. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:1127-32 pubmed..These findings suggest that the cDNA we have cloned encodes one of the members of the human SNF/SWI complex. ..
- Legay C, Bon S, Massoulie J. Expression of a cDNA encoding the glycolipid-anchored form of rat acetylcholinesterase. FEBS Lett. 1993;315:163-6 pubmed..In addition, we detected 'read-through' (R) transcripts, in which regular introns are spliced, but the intervening sequence between the common exon 4 and the alternative exon 5 (H) is maintained. ..
- Colnot C, Fowlis D, Ripoche M, Bouchaert I, Poirier F. Embryonic implantation in galectin 1/galectin 3 double mutant mice. Dev Dyn. 1998;211:306-13 pubmed..We find that implantation can still occur in the absence of both galectin 1 and galectin 3. However, we show that galectin 5, a third member of this gene family, is also present in the blastocyst at the time of implantation. ..
- Baron B, Poirier C, Simon Chazottes D, Barnier C, Guenet J. A new strategy useful for rapid identification of microsatellites from DNA libraries with large size inserts. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:3665-9 pubmed..Primers were designed for each of them and polymorphism between the genomes of several inbred strain of mouse have been determined. These microsatellites were mapped, three of them to chromosome 19 and two to chromosome 11. ..
- Laabi Y, Gras M, Carbonnel F, Brouet J, Berger R, Larsen C, et al. A new gene, BCM, on chromosome 16 is fused to the interleukin 2 gene by a t(4;16)(q26;p13) translocation in a malignant T cell lymphoma. EMBO J. 1992;11:3897-904 pubmed..Our data indicate that BCM is a new gene whose expression coincides with B cell terminal maturation. ..
- Tagourti J, Landoulsi A, Richarme G. Cloning, expression, purification and characterization of the stress kinase YeaG from Escherichia coli. Protein Expr Purif. 2008;59:79-85 pubmed publisher..The purification of the active protein kinase YeaG described in this study should allow us to characterize its biochemical target(s) in E. coli extracts. ..
- Glaser P, Presecan E, Delepierre M, Surewicz W, Mantsch H, Barzu O, et al. Zinc, a novel structural element found in the family of bacterial adenylate kinases. Biochemistry. 1992;31:3038-43 pubmed..Furthermore, the tightly bound metal ion contributes to the high thermodynamic stability of adenylate kinase from B. stearothermophilus. ..
- Icard Liepkalns C, Ravassard P, Liepkalns V, Chatail F, Mallet J. An ADP-ribosylation-factor(ARF)-like protein involved in regulated secretion. Eur J Biochem. 1997;246:388-93 pubmed..Collectively these results suggest that this ARL protein is a component of a regulated secretory pathway involved in Ca2(+)-dependent release of acetylcholine. ..
- Feldmann J, Callebaut I, Raposo G, Certain S, Bacq D, Dumont C, et al. Munc13-4 is essential for cytolytic granules fusion and is mutated in a form of familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (FHL3). Cell. 2003;115:461-73 pubmed..Expressed tagged hMunc13-4 localizes with cytotoxic granules at the immunological synapse. HMunc13-4 is therefore essential for the priming step of cytolytic granules secretion preceding vesicle membrane fusion. ..
- Charbit A, Ronco J, Michel V, Werts C, Hofnung M. Permissive sites and topology of an outer membrane protein with a reporter epitope. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:262-75 pubmed..We discuss the nature of such sites, the generalization of this approach to other proteins, and possible applications. ..
- Franza T, Mahé B, Expert D. Erwinia chrysanthemi requires a second iron transport route dependent of the siderophore achromobactin for extracellular growth and plant infection. Mol Microbiol. 2005;55:261-75 pubmed..Interestingly, iron transport mediated by achromobactin or a closely related siderophore probably exists in other phytopathogenic bacterial species such as Pseudomonas syringae...
- Dumay V, Danchin A, Crasnier M. Regulation of Escherichia coli adenylate cyclase activity during hexose phosphate transport. Microbiology. 1996;142 ( Pt 3):575-83 pubmed..We present data indicating that Glc6P per se or its degradation is unlikely to be responsible for the low cAMP level. It is concluded that the level of cAMP in the cell is determined by the flux of Glc6P through UhpT. ..
- Hirai S, Ryseck R, Mechta F, Bravo R, Yaniv M. Characterization of junD: a new member of the jun proto-oncogene family. EMBO J. 1989;8:1433-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that each of these Jun-related gene products has a distinct role in the control of gene activity and growth in the organism. ..
- Gally C, Eimer S, Richmond J, Bessereau J. A transmembrane protein required for acetylcholine receptor clustering in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nature. 2004;431:578-82 pubmed
- Legay C, Bon S, Vernier P, Coussen F, Massoulie J. Cloning and expression of a rat acetylcholinesterase subunit: generation of multiple molecular forms and complementarity with a Torpedo collagenic subunit. J Neurochem. 1993;60:337-46 pubmed..This cross-species complementarity demonstrates that the interaction domains of the catalytic and structural subunits are highly conserved during evolution. ..
- Goutebroze L, Brault E, Muchardt C, Camonis J, Thomas G. Cloning and characterization of SCHIP-1, a novel protein interacting specifically with spliced isoforms and naturally occurring mutant NF2 proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:1699-712 pubmed..Our observations suggest that SCHIP-1 interaction with schwannomin is regulated by conformational changes in schwannomin, possibly induced by posttranslational modifications, alternative splicing, or mutations. ..
- Bocquet N, Prado de Carvalho L, Cartaud J, Neyton J, Le Poupon C, Taly A, et al. A prokaryotic proton-gated ion channel from the nicotinic acetylcholine receptor family. Nature. 2007;445:116-9 pubmed..Because Gloeobacter violaceus carries out photosynthesis and proton transport at the cytoplasmic membrane, this new proton-gated ion channel might contribute to adaptation to pH change...
- Fulchignoni Lataud M, Szpirer J, Levan G, Weiss M. Assignment of the rat genes coding for alpha 1-antitrypsin (PI), phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK), alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH), and fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FDP). Mamm Genome. 1992;3:42-5 pubmed..Groups of synteny among rat, mouse and human species are discussed in relationship to the new assignments. ..
- Señorale Pose M, Rougeon F. The mouse Vcs2 gene is a composite structure which evolved by gene fusion and encodes five distinct salivary mRNA species. Gene. 1997;201:75-85 pubmed..Vcs2 is thus a single gene that arose by the fusion of three genes (or pseudogenes) of the VCS multigene family. ..
- Scherf A, Carter R, Petersen C, Alano P, Nelson R, Aikawa M, et al. Gene inactivation of Pf11-1 of Plasmodium falciparum by chromosome breakage and healing: identification of a gametocyte-specific protein with a potential role in gametogenesis. EMBO J. 1992;11:2293-301 pubmed..Following in vitro stimulation of gametogenesis, the Pf11-1 protein was found in the membrane of lysed erythrocytes, suggesting a role for Pf11-1 in erythrocyte rupture within the mosquito gut. ..
- Labelle Y, Zucman J, Stenman G, Kindblom L, Knight J, Turc Carel C, et al. Oncogenic conversion of a novel orphan nuclear receptor by chromosome translocation. Hum Mol Genet. 1995;4:2219-26 pubmed..Analysis of the disturbance induced by the EWS/TEc protein in the nuclear receptor network and their target genes may lead to new approaches for EMC treatment. ..
- Dutka Malen S, Mazodier P, Badet B. Molecular cloning and overexpression of the glucosamine synthetase gene from Escherichia coli. Biochimie. 1988;70:287-90 pubmed..Subcloning into pUC18 gave plasmid pGM10 encoding the structural gene of glucosamine synthetase, as judged by overexpression of enzyme activity and the isolation in high yield of the pure protein. ..
- Rose T, Brune M, Wittinghofer A, Le Blay K, Surewicz W, Mantsch H, et al. Structural and catalytic properties of a deletion derivative (delta 133-157) of Escherichia coli adenylate kinase. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10781-6 pubmed..It is perhaps responsible for interaction of enzyme with other cellular components although a different mechanism of water shielding for large and small size variants of AK can be also envisaged. ..
- Debarbouille M, Martin Verstraete I, Klier A, Rapoport G. The transcriptional regulator LevR of Bacillus subtilis has domains homologous to both sigma 54- and phosphotransferase system-dependent regulators. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:2212-6 pubmed..coli was strongly dependent on sigma 54. Taken together, these results suggest that the operon is expressed from a -12, -24 promoter regulated by a sigma 54-like-dependent system in B. subtilis. ..
- Drutel G, Kathmann M, Heron A, Gros C, Mace S, Schwartz J, et al. Two splice variants of the hypoxia-inducible factor HIF-1alpha as potential dimerization partners of ARNT2 in neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:3701-8 pubmed
- Petropoulos I, Part D, Ochoa A, Zakin M, Lamas E. NOR-2 (neuron-derived orphan receptor), a brain zinc finger protein, is highly induced during liver regeneration. FEBS Lett. 1995;372:273-8 pubmed..Structurally, NOR-2 is closely related to the recently identified NOR-1 factor. Therefore, like NOR-1, NOR-2 belongs to the r-NGFI-B sub-family of nuclear receptors superfamily. ..
- Godreau D, Vranckx R, Maguy A, Goyenvalle C, Hatem S. Different isoforms of synapse-associated protein, SAP97, are expressed in the heart and have distinct effects on the voltage-gated K+ channel Kv1.5. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47046-52 pubmed..The two cardiac SAP97 isoforms have different effects on the hKv1.5 current, depending on their capacity to form channel clusters. ..
- Zahraoui A, Joberty G, Arpin M, Fontaine J, Hellio R, Tavitian A, et al. A small rab GTPase is distributed in cytoplasmic vesicles in non polarized cells but colocalizes with the tight junction marker ZO-1 in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1994;124:101-15 pubmed..The participation of rab13 in polarized transport, in the assembly and/or the activity of tight junctions is discussed. ..
- Rouquette C, Ripio M, Pellegrini E, Bolla J, Tascon R, V zquez Boland J, et al. Identification of a ClpC ATPase required for stress tolerance and in vivo survival of Listeria monocytogenes. Mol Microbiol. 1996;21:977-87 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the ClpC ATPase of L. monocytogenes is a general stress protein involved in intracellular growth and in vivo survival of this pathogen in host tissues...
- Nadjar D, Rouveau M, Verdet C, Donay L, Herrmann J, Lagrange P, et al. Outbreak of Klebsiella pneumoniae producing transferable AmpC-type beta-lactamase (ACC-1) originating from Hafnia alvei. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2000;187:35-40 pubmed..We used internal bla(ACC-1) primers, to sequence PCR products obtained from two unrelated strains of Hafnia alvei. Our results show that the ACC-1 beta-lactamase was derived from the chromosome-encoded AmpC-type enzyme of H. alvei...
- Monnot C, Weber V, Stinnakre J, Bihoreau C, Teutsch B, Corvol P, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of a novel mas-related gene, modulating intracellular angiotensin II actions. Mol Endocrinol. 1991;5:1477-87 pubmed
- Nair S, Frehel C, Nguyen L, Escuyer V, Berche P. ClpE, a novel member of the HSP100 family, is involved in cell division and virulence of Listeria monocytogenes. Mol Microbiol. 1999;31:185-96 pubmed..These results show that the Clp chaperones play a crucial role in both cell division and virulence of L. monocytogenes...
- Varlet I, Pallard C, Radman M, Moreau J, de Wind N. Cloning and expression of the Xenopus and mouse Msh2 DNA mismatch repair genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 1994;22:5723-8 pubmed..Expression of the murine gene is low in all tissues examined, and is relatively high in a rapidly dividing cell line. These data are suggestive of a role for MSH2 during DNA replication. ..
- Ferris S, Watson H, Neyrolles O, Montagnier L, Blanchard A. Characterization of a major Mycoplasma penetrans lipoprotein and of its gene. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1995;130:313-9 pubmed..3 kDa mature product. In addition, the p35 gene was followed by an open reading frame with a corresponding polypeptide partially homologous to p35, in particular to the N-terminus region...
- Giros B, Martres M, Pilon C, Sokoloff P, Schwartz J. Shorter variants of the D3 dopamine receptor produced through various patterns of alternative splicing. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;176:1584-92 pubmed..The functional significance and possible role of these shorter variants of the dopamine D3 receptor in cell signalling remain to be established. ..
- Pidoux G, Gerbaud P, Tsatsaris V, Marpeau O, Ferreira F, Meduri G, et al. Biochemical characterization and modulation of LH/CG-receptor during human trophoblast differentiation. J Cell Physiol. 2007;212:26-35 pubmed..4-0.5 nM. Moreover, on stimulation by recombinant hCG, the syncytiotrophoblast produced less cyclic AMP than cytotrophoblasts, indicating that LH/CG-R expression is regulated during human villous trophoblast differentiation. ..
- Morales J, Cormier P, Mulner Lorillon O, Poulhe R, Belle R. Molecular cloning of a new guanine nucleotide-exchange protein, EF1 delta. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:4091 pubmed
- Baril C, Richaud C, Fournie E, Baranton G, Saint Girons I. Cloning of dapD, aroD and asd of Leptospira interrogans serovar icterohaemorrhagiae, and nucleotide sequence of the asd gene. J Gen Microbiol. 1992;138:47-53 pubmed..coli enzymes was less than 31%. Highly conserved sequences within aspartate semialdehyde dehydrogenase from the five organisms were observed at the amino and carboxyl termini, and around the cysteine of the active site. ..
- Philippe J, Renaud F, Desset S, Laurent M, Mallet J, Courtois Y, et al. Cloning of two different 5' untranslated exons of bovine acidic fibroblast growth factor by the single strand ligation to single-stranded cDNA methodology. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;188:843-50 pubmed..Furthermore, the conservation of the nucleotide sequences and of the localization of these 5' UTR exons suggests that these non-coding regions may be involved in the control of aFGF gene expression. ..
- Despouy G, Bastie J, Deshaies S, Balitrand N, Mazharian A, Rochette Egly C, et al. Cyclin D3 is a cofactor of retinoic acid receptors, modulating their activity in the presence of cellular retinoic acid-binding protein II. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:6355-62 pubmed
- Rougeulle C, Avner P. Cloning and characterization of a murine brain specific gene Bpx and its human homologue lying within the Xic candidate region. Hum Mol Genet. 1996;5:41-9 pubmed..The Xq13 region, whose orientation is apparently globally conserved between man and mouse, must therefore contain an inversion of at least 600 kb spanning the XIST sequence and including the CDX4 and BPX genes. ..
- Mouyna I, Fontaine T, Vai M, Monod M, Fonzi W, Diaquin M, et al. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored glucanosyltransferases play an active role in the biosynthesis of the fungal cell wall. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:14882-9 pubmed..Our results show that transglycosidases anchored to the plasma membrane via glycosylphosphatidylinositols can play an active role in fungal cell wall synthesis. ..
- Renucci A, Lemarchandel V, Rosa F. An activated form of type I serine/threonine kinase receptor TARAM-A reveals a specific signalling pathway involved in fish head organiser formation. Development. 1996;122:3735-43 pubmed..Our data suggest the existence in fish of a specific TGF-beta-related pathway for anterior dorsal mesoderm induction, possibly mediated by TARAM-A and activated at the late blastula stage by localized dorsal determinant. ..
- Marechal V, Elenbaas B, Taneyhill L, Piette J, Mechali M, Nicolas J, et al. Conservation of structural domains and biochemical activities of the MDM2 protein from Xenopus laevis. Oncogene. 1997;14:1427-33 pubmed..These data as well as the utilization of Xenopus laevis to investigate the roles of MDM2 and p53 during early embryogenesis are discussed. ..
- Chenal Francisque V, Tourneux L, Carniel E, Christova P, Li de la Sierra I, B rzu O, et al. The highly similar TMP kinases of Yersinia pestis and Escherichia coli differ markedly in their AZTMP phosphorylating activity. Eur J Biochem. 1999;265:112-9 pubmed..coli enzyme suggest that segments lying outside the main regions involved in nucleotide binding and catalysis are responsible for the different rates of AZTMP phosphorylation...
- Blottière L, Apiou F, Ferbus D, Guenzi C, Dutrillaux B, Prosperi M, et al. Cloning, characterization, and chromosome assignment of Zfp146 the mouse ortholog of human ZNF146, a gene amplified and overexpressed in pancreatic cancer, and Zfp260 a closely related gene. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;85:297-300 pubmed..The co-expression and co-localization of Zfp146 and Zfp260 together with the close similarity of their zinc finger domains, suggests that both participate in the same regulatory pathway. ..
- Eiglmeier K, Fsihi H, Heym B, Cole S. On the catalase-peroxidase gene, katG, of Mycobacterium leprae and the implications for treatment of leprosy with isoniazid. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1997;149:273-8 pubmed..Isoniazid is thus likely to be of no therapeutic benefit to leprosy patients. ..
- Iouzalen N, Moreau J, Mechali M. H2A.ZI, a new variant histone expressed during Xenopus early development exhibits several distinct features from the core histone H2A. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:3947-52 pubmed..The characteristics of H2A.ZI suggest that its incorporation into nucleosomes would lead to a chromatin structure more competent for gene expression during development. ..
- Toure A, Dorseuil O, Morin L, Timmons P, Jegou B, Reibel L, et al. MgcRacGAP, a new human GTPase-activating protein for Rac and Cdc42 similar to Drosophila rotundRacGAP gene product, is expressed in male germ cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:6019-23 pubmed..Since rotundRacGAP deletion leads to male sterility in the fruit fly, the mgcRacGAP gene may prove likewise to play a key role in mammalian male fertility. ..