Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Publications1421 found, 100 shown here
- Miralles F, Hebrard S, Lamotte L, Durel B, Gilgenkrantz H, Li Z, et al. Conditional inactivation of the murine serum response factor in the pancreas leads to severe pancreatitis. Lab Invest. 2006;86:1020-36 pubmed..This new animal model of spontaneous pancreatitis could prove a valuable tool to gain further insight into the physiopathology of this disease. ..
- Ferrero R, Ave P, Ndiaye D, Bambou J, Huerre M, Philpott D, et al. NF-kappaB activation during acute Helicobacter pylori infection in mice. Infect Immun. 2008;76:551-61 pubmed..pylori infection. Furthermore, the data suggest that helicobacters may be able to regulate NF-kappaB signaling during chronic infection. ..
- Lengagne R, Graff Dubois S, Garcette M, Renia L, Kato M, Guillet J, et al. Distinct role for CD8 T cells toward cutaneous tumors and visceral metastases. J Immunol. 2008;180:130-7 pubmed..They also reveal a different role for CD8+ T cells toward early stage of cutaneous tumors and late visceral metastatic stage of the disease. ..
- Gautier E, Huby T, Saint Charles F, Ouzilleau B, Chapman M, Lesnik P. Enhanced dendritic cell survival attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced immunosuppression and increases resistance to lethal endotoxic shock. J Immunol. 2008;180:6941-6 pubmed..Our study therefore identifies DC death as a key determinant of endotoxin-induced immunosuppression and mortality in mice. ..
- Feng D, Yang S, Loudes C, Simon A, Al Sarraf T, Culler M, et al. Ghrelin and obestatin modulate growth hormone-releasing hormone release and synaptic inputs onto growth hormone-releasing hormone neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;34:732-44 pubmed publisher..Such interactions on GHRH neurons probably participate in the control of GH secretion. ..
- Maroui M, Pampin M, Chelbi Alix M. Promyelocytic leukemia isoform IV confers resistance to encephalomyocarditis virus via the sequestration of 3D polymerase in nuclear bodies. J Virol. 2011;85:13164-73 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the mechanism by which PML confers resistance to EMCV. They also reveal a new pathway mediating the antiviral activity of interferon against EMCV. ..
- Martin B, Auffray C, Delpoux A, Pommier A, Durand A, Charvet C, et al. Highly self-reactive naive CD4 T cells are prone to differentiate into regulatory T cells. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2209 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that naive CD4 T cells with the highest avidity for self are prone to differentiate into regulatory T cells. ..
- Mariño G, Pietrocola F, Eisenberg T, Kong Y, Malik S, Andryushkova A, et al. Regulation of autophagy by cytosolic acetyl-coenzyme A. Mol Cell. 2014;53:710-25 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that cytosolic AcCoA functions as a central metabolic regulator of autophagy, thus delineating AcCoA-centered pharmacological strategies that allow for the therapeutic manipulation of autophagy. ..
- Cosset E, Ilmjärv S, Dutoit V, Elliott K, von Schalscha T, Camargo M, et al. Glut3 Addiction Is a Druggable Vulnerability for a Molecularly Defined Subpopulation of Glioblastoma. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:856-868.e5 pubmed publisher..This defined subpopulation of GBM is highly sensitive to agents that disrupt this pathway, including the integrin antagonist cilengitide, providing a targeted therapeutic strategy for this unique subset of GBM tumors. ..
- Danziger N, Yokoyama M, Jay T, Cordier J, Glowinski J, Chneiweiss H. Cellular expression, developmental regulation, and phylogenic conservation of PEA-15, the astrocytic major phosphoprotein and protein kinase C substrate. J Neurochem. 1995;64:1016-25 pubmed..Finally, physiological importance of PEA-15 phosphorylation was illustrated by immunoreactivity observed in brain homogenates of different mammals, birds, amphibians, and fish. ..
- Bouchard B, Ormandy C, Di Santo J, Kelly P. Immune system development and function in prolactin receptor-deficient mice. J Immunol. 1999;163:576-82 pubmed..Taken together, these results show that immune system development and function proceed normally in the absence of PRL-mediated signaling and suggest that PRLR pathways are not essential for immunomodulation in vivo. ..
- Chaloupka R, Petit P, Israel N, Sureau F. Over-expression of Bcl-2 does not protect cells from hypericin photo-induced mitochondrial membrane depolarization, but delays subsequent events in the apoptotic pathway. FEBS Lett. 1999;462:295-301 pubmed
- Tannour Louet M, Porteu A, Vaulont S, Kahn A, Vasseur Cognet M. A tamoxifen-inducible chimeric Cre recombinase specifically effective in the fetal and adult mouse liver. Hepatology. 2002;35:1072-81 pubmed..This would certainly help to understand the physiologic functions of genes in the liver, to create various mouse models mimicking human diseases, and to contribute to liver cancer-specific suicide gene therapy studies. ..
- Muchardt C, Guilleme M, Seeler J, Trouche D, Dejean A, Yaniv M. Coordinated methyl and RNA binding is required for heterochromatin localization of mammalian HP1alpha. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:975-81 pubmed..Our data suggest the existence of complex heterochromatin binding sites composed of methylated histone H3 tails and RNA, with each being recognized by a separate domain of HP1alpha. ..
- Quentin F, Eladari D, Cheval L, Lopez C, Goossens D, Colin Y, et al. RhBG and RhCG, the putative ammonia transporters, are expressed in the same cells in the distal nephron. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:545-54 pubmed..In conclusion, RhBG and RhCG are present in a major site of ammonia secretion in the kidney, i.e., the CNT and CD, in agreement with their putative role in ammonium transport. ..
- Vouldoukis I, Rougier S, Dugas B, Pino P, Mazier D, Woehrlé F. Canine visceral leishmaniasis: comparison of in vitro leishmanicidal activity of marbofloxacin, meglumine antimoniate and sodium stibogluconate. Vet Parasitol. 2006;135:137-46 pubmed..We propose that marbofloxacin, compared to standard chemotherapeutic agents (meglumine antimoniate and sodium stibogluconate), could be an effective and pragmatic oral route alternative to treat canine leishmaniasis...
- Maksimenko A, Polard V, Villemeur M, Elhamess H, Couvreur P, Bertrand J, et al. In vivo potentialities of EWS-Fli-1 targeted antisense oligonucleotides-nanospheres complexes. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1058:52-61 pubmed..In cell culture the oligonucleotides inhibit cell growth by their antisense activity. Further investigations are needed in vivo to learn the mechanism of action of the complexes. ..
- Andrieu Soler C, Doat M, Halhal M, Keller N, Jonet L, BenEzra D, et al. Enhanced oligonucleotide delivery to mouse retinal cells using iontophoresis. Mol Vis. 2006;12:1098-107 pubmed..Saline transpalpebral iontophoresis facilitates the penetration of injected ODNs in photoreceptors for at least 3 h. This method may be considered for photoreceptor targeted gene therapy. ..
- Lavenu Bombled C, Izac B, Legrand F, Cambot M, Vigier A, Masse J, et al. Glycoprotein Ibalpha promoter drives megakaryocytic lineage-restricted expression after hematopoietic stem cell transduction using a self-inactivating lentiviral vector. Stem Cells. 2007;25:1571-7 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Monteiro R. Role of IgA and IgA fc receptors in inflammation. J Clin Immunol. 2010;30:1-9 pubmed publisher..Intravenous mIgA (mIgAIV) and anti-FcalphaR monovalent antibodies represent thus promising tools for immunotherapy. ..
- Martin E, Betuing S, Pages C, Cambon K, Auregan G, Déglon N, et al. Mitogen- and stress-activated protein kinase 1-induced neuroprotection in Huntington's disease: role on chromatin remodeling at the PGC-1-alpha promoter. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:2422-34 pubmed publisher..Strategies aimed at restoring MSK-1 expression in the striatum might offer a new therapeutic approach to HD. ..
- Cabon L, Galán Malo P, Bouharrour A, Delavallée L, Brunelle Navas M, Lorenzo H, et al. BID regulates AIF-mediated caspase-independent necroptosis by promoting BAX activation. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:245-56 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data reveal that, as in caspase-dependent apoptosis, BH3-only proteins are key regulators of caspase-independent necroptosis. ..
- Bang G, Prieur E, Roussilhon C, Druilhe P. Pre-clinical assessment of novel multivalent MSP3 malaria vaccine constructs. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28165 pubmed publisher..These findings are promising for future immunization of genetically diverse human populations. ..
- Liu Z, Zhou J, Li Y, Hu F, Lu Y, Ma M, et al. Dorsal raphe neurons signal reward through 5-HT and glutamate. Neuron. 2014;81:1360-1374 pubmed publisher..These experiments demonstrate the ability of DRN neurons to organize reward behaviors and might provide insights into the underlying mechanisms of learning facilitation and anhedonia treatment. ..
- Viollet B, Andreelli F, Jørgensen S, Perrin C, Geloen A, Flamez D, et al. The AMP-activated protein kinase alpha2 catalytic subunit controls whole-body insulin sensitivity. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:91-8 pubmed..Therefore, extramuscular AMPKalpha2 catalytic subunit is important for whole-body insulin action in vivo, probably through modulation of sympathetic nervous activity. ..
- Lacombe P, Oligo C, Domenga V, Tournier Lasserve E, Joutel A. Impaired cerebral vasoreactivity in a transgenic mouse model of cerebral autosomal dominant arteriopathy with subcortical infarcts and leukoencephalopathy arteriopathy. Stroke. 2005;36:1053-8 pubmed..Our findings indicate that vascular dysfunction is an early pathogenic event that may promote the subsequent development of brain ischemia in CADASIL. ..
- Chastagner P, Israel A, Brou C. AIP4/Itch regulates Notch receptor degradation in the absence of ligand. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2735 pubmed publisher..Taken together our results identify a specific step of Notch regulation in the absence of any activation and underline differences between mammalian and Drosophila Notch pathways. ..
- Gallego J, Dauger S. PHOX2B mutations and ventilatory control. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2008;164:49-54 pubmed publisher..The generation of mouse models of CCHS provides tools for evaluating treatments aimed at alleviating both the respiratory symptoms and all other autonomic symptoms of CCHS. ..
- Couderc T, Gangneux N, Chretien F, Caro V, Le Luong T, Ducloux B, et al. Chikungunya virus infection of corneal grafts. J Infect Dis. 2012;206:851-9 pubmed publisher..Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) is an arbovirus with a high potential to spread globally. We investigated whether CHIKV is transmittable via corneal grafts...
- Kerroch M, Guerrot D, Vandermeersch S, Placier S, Mesnard L, Jouanneau C, et al. Genetic inhibition of discoidin domain receptor 1 protects mice against crescentic glomerulonephritis. FASEB J. 2012;26:4079-91 pubmed publisher..These results prompt further interest in DDR1 blockade strategies, especially in the treatment of glomerulonephritis. ..
- Guidi Rontani C. Cytotoxic activity of a recombinant chimaeric protein between Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin A and Corynebacterium diphtheriae diphtheria toxin. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:1281-7 pubmed
- Blondet B, Hantaz Ambroise D, Ait Ikhlef A, Cambier D, Murawsky M, Rieger F. Astrocytosis in wobbler mouse spinal cord involves a population of astrocytes which is glutamine synthetase-negative. Neurosci Lett. 1995;183:179-82 pubmed..Thus, gliosis in the wobbler mouse seems to involve a subpopulation of astrocytes, which is strongly GFAP-positive but GS-negative. ..
- Savagner P, Valles A, Jouanneau J, Yamada K, Thiery J. Alternative splicing in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 is associated with induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in rat bladder carcinoma cells. Mol Biol Cell. 1994;5:851-62 pubmed..Such transfected cells could bind bFGF as well as aFGF. Therefore, EMT can be induced through different FGF receptors, but EMT may also regulate FGF receptor expression itself. ..
- Callebaut C, Krust B, Jacotot E, Hovanessian A. T cell activation antigen, CD26, as a cofactor for entry of HIV in CD4+ cells. Science. 1993;262:2045-50 pubmed..These observations could provide the basis for developing simple and specific inhibitors of HIV and open a possibility for vaccine development. ..
- Tiret L, Le Mouellic H, Lallemand Y, Maury M, Brulet P. Altering the spatial determinations in the mouse embryos by manipulating the Hox genes. C R Acad Sci III. 1993;316:1009-24 pubmed..Expression of some related Hox genes in Hoxc-8 homozygous mutants is not altered, suggesting the absence of genetic interregulations between these genes. ..
- Buckingham M. Muscle differentiation. Which myogenic factors make muscle?. Curr Biol. 1994;4:61-3 pubmed..Mice lacking myogenin have little skeletal muscle as fibres fail to differentiate. Lack of both MyoD and myf-5 results in no skeletal muscle and apparently no myoblasts, suggesting that these factors act earlier in muscle development. ..
- Sennlaub F, Courtois Y, Goureau O. Inducible nitric oxide synthase mediates the change from retinal to vitreal neovascularization in ischemic retinopathy. J Clin Invest. 2001;107:717-25 pubmed
- Le Lay S, Boucher J, Rey A, Castan Laurell I, Krief S, Ferre P, et al. Decreased resistin expression in mice with different sensitivities to a high-fat diet. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:564-7 pubmed..This argues for decreased expression of resistin as a hallmark of obesity. Moreover, our data show that feeding a high-fat diet is not a primary determinant of resistin regulation. ..
- Azoulay Dupuis E, Bedos J, Mohler J, Schmitt Hoffmann A, Schleimer M, Shapiro S. Efficacy of BAL5788, a prodrug of cephalosporin BAL9141, in a mouse model of acute pneumococcal pneumonia. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:1105-11 pubmed
- Segalat L, Grisoni K, Archer J, Vargas C, Bertrand A, Anderson J. CAPON expression in skeletal muscle is regulated by position, repair, NOS activity, and dystrophy. Exp Cell Res. 2005;302:170-9 pubmed
- Chauvet C, Bois Joyeux B, Fontaine C, Gervois P, Bernard M, Staels B, et al. The gene encoding fibrinogen-beta is a target for retinoic acid receptor-related orphan receptor alpha. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2517-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data add further evidence for an important role of RORalpha in the control of liver gene expression with potential pathophysiological consequences on coagulation and cardiovascular risk. ..
- Trochet D, Hong S, Lim J, Brunet J, Munnich A, Kim K, et al. Molecular consequences of PHOX2B missense, frameshift and alanine expansion mutations leading to autonomic dysfunction. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:3697-708 pubmed..Such a tendency to protein misfolding could explain loss of transactivation for alanine expansion mutations. However, additional mechanisms such as toxic gain-of-function may play a role in the pathogenic process. ..
- Boukhtouche F, Janmaat S, Vodjdani G, Gautheron V, Mallet J, Dusart I, et al. Retinoid-related orphan receptor alpha controls the early steps of Purkinje cell dendritic differentiation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1531-8 pubmed..However, it does not seem to participate to the last stage of dendritic growth. This study identifies RORalpha as a nuclear receptor crucial for the control of dendritic remodeling during development. ..
- Kosmider O, Moreau Gachelin F. From mice to human: the "two-hit model" of leukemogenesis. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:569-70 pubmed
- Camus G, Segura Morales C, Molle D, Lopez Verges S, Begon Pescia C, Cazevieille C, et al. The clathrin adaptor complex AP-1 binds HIV-1 and MLV Gag and facilitates their budding. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3193-203 pubmed..We propose that AP-1 promotes Gag release by transporting it to intracellular sites of active budding, and/or by facilitating its interactions with other cellular partners. ..
- Beghdadi W, Porcherie A, Schneider B, Morisset S, Dubayle D, Peronet R, et al. Histamine H(3) receptor-mediated signaling protects mice from cerebral malaria. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6004 pubmed publisher..Thus modulating histamine signaling in the central nervous system, in combination with standard therapies, may represent a novel strategy to reduce the risk of progression to cerebral malaria. ..
- Bachelot A, Bouilly J, Liu Y, Rebourcet D, Leux C, Kuttenn F, et al. Sequence variation analysis of the prolactin receptor C-terminal region in women with premature ovarian failure. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:2772-5 pubmed publisher..Sequencing of the coding portion of exons 10 and 11, specific to the long and short receptor isoform, respectively, did not revealed any mutation in 101 women with premature ovarian failure. ..
- Azoury J, Lee K, Georget V, Hikal P, Verlhac M. Symmetry breaking in mouse oocytes requires transient F-actin meshwork destabilization. Development. 2011;138:2903-8 pubmed publisher..Hence, the meshwork density drop at meiosis resumption is germane to the symmetry-breaking event required for successful asymmetric meiotic divisions. ..
- Michon A, Allou N, Chau F, Podglajen I, Fantin B, Cambau E. Plasmidic qnrA3 enhances Escherichia coli fitness in absence of antibiotic exposure. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24552 pubmed publisher..However, fitness was reduced when qnrA3 was inserted onto multidrug-resistant plasmids and this can slow down its dissemination without antibiotic exposure. ..
- Marion S, Mazzolini J, Herit F, Bourdoncle P, Kambou Pene N, Hailfinger S, et al. The NF-?B signaling protein Bcl10 regulates actin dynamics by controlling AP1 and OCRL-bearing vesicles. Dev Cell. 2012;23:954-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identify Bcl10 as an early coordinator of NF-?B-mediated immune response with endosomal trafficking and signaling to F-actin remodeling. ..
- Sangar F, Schreurs A, Umana Diaz C, Claperon A, Desbois Mouthon C, Calmel C, et al. Involvement of small ArfGAP1 (SMAP1), a novel Arf6-specific GTPase-activating protein, in microsatellite instability oncogenesis. Oncogene. 2014;33:2758-67 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that SMAP1 loss-of-function mutations in MSI CRC may contribute to the emerging oncogenic pathway involving abnormal Arf6 regulation. ..
- Poras H, Duquesnoy S, Fournie Zaluski M, Ratinaud Giraud C, Roques B, Ouimet T. A sensitive fluorigenic substrate for selective in vitro and in vivo assay of leukotriene A4 hydrolase activity. Anal Biochem. 2013;441:152-61 pubmed publisher..This authenticates the assay as the first allowing the easy measurement of endogenous LTA4H activity and in vitro specific screening of new LTA4H inhibitors. ..
- Müller A, Aeschlimann S, Olekhnovitch R, Dacher M, Späth G, Bousso P. Photoconvertible pathogen labeling reveals nitric oxide control of Leishmania major infection in vivo via dampening of parasite metabolism. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;14:460-7 pubmed publisher..The ability to probe pathogen biology in response to immune defense mechanisms in vivo should create opportunities for better dissecting host-pathogen interactions. ..
- Hammond T, Gadea A, Dupree J, Kerninon C, Nait Oumesmar B, Aguirre A, et al. Astrocyte-derived endothelin-1 inhibits remyelination through notch activation. Neuron. 2014;81:588-602 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that ET-1 is a negative regulator of OPC differentiation and remyelination and is potentially a therapeutic target to promote lesion repair in demyelinated tissue. ..
- Blanche H, Wright L, Vergnaud G, de Gouyon B, Lauthier V, Silver L, et al. Genetic mapping of three human homologues of murine t-complex genes localizes TCP10 to 6q27, 15 cM distal to TCP1 and PLG. Genomics. 1992;12:826-8 pubmed..It is likely that the organization of human t-complex homologues on 6q is similar to that of t haplotypes rather than that of wildtype murine chromosome 17. ..
- Tanchot C, Lemonnier F, Perarnau B, Freitas A, Rocha B. Differential requirements for survival and proliferation of CD8 naïve or memory T cells. Science. 1997;276:2057-62 pubmed..Thus, maintenance of CD8 T cell memory still required TCR-MHC class I interactions, but memory T cells may have a lower functional activation threshold that facilitates secondary responses. ..
- Evrard A, Laporte A, Chastanet M, Hen R, Hamon M, Adrien J. 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptors control the firing of serotoninergic neurons in the dorsal raphe nucleus of the mouse: studies in 5-HT1B knock-out mice. Eur J Neurosci. 1999;11:3823-31 pubmed..v.). Altogether, these data indicate that in the mouse, the firing of 5-HT neurons in the dorsal raphe nucleus is under both an inhibitory control through 5-HT1A receptors and an excitatory influence through 5-HT1B receptors. ..
- Dentin R, Benhamed F, Pégorier J, Foufelle F, Viollet B, Vaulont S, et al. Polyunsaturated fatty acids suppress glycolytic and lipogenic genes through the inhibition of ChREBP nuclear protein translocation. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:2843-54 pubmed
- Maison C, Bailly D, Roche D, Montes De Oca R, Probst A, Vassias I, et al. SUMOylation promotes de novo targeting of HP1? to pericentric heterochromatin. Nat Genet. 2011;43:220-7 pubmed publisher..We propose that SUMO-HP1, through a specific association with major forward transcript, is guided at the pericentric heterochromatin domain to seed further HP1 localization. ..
- Bierne H, Travier L, Mahlakõiv T, Tailleux L, Subtil A, Lebreton A, et al. Activation of type III interferon genes by pathogenic bacteria in infected epithelial cells and mouse placenta. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39080 pubmed publisher..In addition, the feto-placental tissue was responsive to IFN-?2. Together, these results suggest that IFN-? may be an important modulator of the immune response to Gram-positive intracellular bacteria in epithelial tissues. ..
- Vazquez Boland J, Kocks C, Dramsi S, Ohayon H, Geoffroy C, Mengaud J, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the lecithinase operon of Listeria monocytogenes and possible role of lecithinase in cell-to-cell spread. Infect Immun. 1992;60:219-30 pubmed..ivanovii and L. seeligeri, and sequences hybridizing to ORFX, -Y, and -Z were found in L. innocua. In contrast to this, sequences hybridizing to ldh or ORFB were detected in all Listeria species (including the nonpathogenic ones)...
- Escriou N, Leclerc C, Gerbard S, Giraud M, Van Der Werf S. Cytotoxic T cell response to Mengo virus in mice: effector cell phenotype and target proteins. J Gen Virol. 1995;76 ( Pt 8):1999-2007 pubmed..Thus, the CTL response directed against VP2 was immunodominant in both C3H/HeJ- and C57BL/6-infected mice. ..
- Rose C, Vargas F, Facchinetti P, Bourgeat P, Bambal R, Bishop P, et al. Characterization and inhibition of a cholecystokinin-inactivating serine peptidase. Nature. 1996;380:403-9 pubmed..Butabindide, a potent and specific inhibitor, was designed and shown to protect endogenous cholecystokinin from inactivation and to display pro-satiating effects mediated by the CCKA receptor. ..
- Rousseau C, Neyrolles O, Bordat Y, Giroux S, Sirakova T, Prevost M, et al. Deficiency in mycolipenate- and mycosanoate-derived acyltrehaloses enhances early interactions of Mycobacterium tuberculosis with host cells. Cell Microbiol. 2003;5:405-15 pubmed..Interestingly, this property did not affect the overall replication and persistence of the tubercle bacillus in the lungs, spleen and liver of mice infected via the respiratory or intravenous route. ..
- Belghith M, Bluestone J, Barriot S, Megret J, Bach J, Chatenoud L. TGF-beta-dependent mechanisms mediate restoration of self-tolerance induced by antibodies to CD3 in overt autoimmune diabetes. Nat Med. 2003;9:1202-8 pubmed..These data explain the intriguing tolerogenic effect of CD3-specific antibodies and position them as the first clinically applicable pharmacological stimulant of TGF-beta-producing regulatory CD4+ T cells. ..
- Cheron A, Peltier J, Perez J, Bellocq A, Fouqueray B, Baud L. 15-deoxy-Delta12,14-prostaglandin J2 inhibits glucocorticoid binding and signaling in macrophages through a peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-independent process. J Immunol. 2004;172:7677-83 pubmed..It provides a way in which 15d-PGJ(2) would exert proinflammatory activities in addition to its known anti-inflammatory activities. ..
- Bach J, Bendelac A, Brenner M, Cantor H, De Libero G, Kronenberg M, et al. The role of innate immunity in autoimmunity. J Exp Med. 2004;200:1527-31 pubmed
- Galli D, Domínguez J, Zaffran S, Munk A, Brown N, Buckingham M. Atrial myocardium derives from the posterior region of the second heart field, which acquires left-right identity as Pitx2c is expressed. Development. 2008;135:1157-67 pubmed publisher..This report provides new insights into the contribution of the SHF to atrial myocardium and the effect of Pitx2c on the formation of the left atrium. ..
- Bens M, Vandewalle A. Cell models for studying renal physiology. Pflugers Arch. 2008;457:1-15 pubmed publisher..The advantages of using primary cultures of isolated tubules dissected from physiopathological models of transgenic mice are also discussed. ..
- Mancardi D, Iannascoli B, Hoos S, England P, Daëron M, Bruhns P. FcgammaRIV is a mouse IgE receptor that resembles macrophage FcepsilonRI in humans and promotes IgE-induced lung inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3738-50 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that a similar cooperation may occur between mast cells and hFceRI-expressing lung cells in human allergic asthma. ..
- Szutkowska M, Vernimmen C, Debaix H, Devuyst O, Friedlander G, Karim Z. Zeta-crystallin mediates the acid pH-induced increase of BSC1 cotransporter mRNA stability. Kidney Int. 2009;76:730-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore the 3'UTR of BSC1-mRNA is a target for zeta-crystallin. The induction of zeta-crystallin by an acid pH plays an important role in preventing BSC1 mRNA decay, thus increasing its expression and activity. ..
- Lazarini F, Mouthon M, Gheusi G, de Chaumont F, Olivo Marin J, Lamarque S, et al. Cellular and behavioral effects of cranial irradiation of the subventricular zone in adult mice. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7017 pubmed publisher..Only long-term olfactory memory was found to be sensitive to SVZ irradiation. These findings suggest that the continuous production of adult-generated neurons is involved in consolidating or restituting long-lasting olfactory traces. ..
- Brezar V, Culina S, Østerbye T, Guillonneau F, Chiappetta G, Verdier Y, et al. T cells recognizing a peptide contaminant undetectable by mass spectrometry. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28866 pubmed publisher..If left undetected, minute impurities in synthetic peptide preparations may thus give spurious results. ..
- L hôte D, Georges A, Todeschini A, Kim J, Benayoun B, Bae J, et al. Discovery of novel protein partners of the transcription factor FOXL2 provides insights into its physiopathological roles. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:3264-74 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that the p.C134W mutated form fails to integrate signals through protein-protein interactions to regulate target promoter subsets and in particular to induce cell death. ..
- Postic G, Dubail I, Frapy E, Dupuis M, Dieppedale J, Charbit A, et al. Identification of a novel small RNA modulating Francisella tularensis pathogenicity. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41999 pubmed publisher..We further show that gene FTL_1293 is not required for F. tularensis virulence in vitro or in vivo, which indicates that another unidentified FtrC target modulates the virulence capacity of the bacterium. ..
- Le Coupanec A, Babin D, Fiette L, Jouvion G, Ave P, Missé D, et al. Aedes mosquito saliva modulates Rift Valley fever virus pathogenicity. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e2237 pubmed publisher..The role of mosquito saliva in the transmission of Rift Valley fever virus (RVFV) has not been investigated...
- Babdor J, Descamps D, Adiko A, TohmÃ© M, Maschalidi S, Evnouchidou I, et al. IRAP+ endosomes restrict TLR9 activation and signaling. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:509-518 pubmed publisher..Thus, endosomal retention of TLR9 via the interaction of IRAP with the actin cytoskeleton is a mechanism that prevents hyper-activation of TLR9 in DCs. ..
- Monteyne P, Bureau J, Brahic M. The infection of mouse by Theiler's virus: from genetics to immunology. Immunol Rev. 1997;159:163-76 pubmed..CD4+ T cells participate both in protection against the infection and in demyelination. Finally, the effect of non-immune factors in resistance is illustrated by mice with mutations in the MBP or PLP gene. ..
- Moron G, Rueda P, Casal I, Leclerc C. CD8alpha- CD11b+ dendritic cells present exogenous virus-like particles to CD8+ T cells and subsequently express CD8alpha and CD205 molecules. J Exp Med. 2002;195:1233-45 pubmed..These results indicate that both CD8alpha- and CD8alpha+ DCs play an important role in the induction of CTL responses by exogenous antigens, such as VLP...
- Guiard B, Froger N, Hamon M, Gardier A, Lanfumey L. Sustained pharmacological blockade of NK1 substance P receptors causes functional desensitization of dorsal raphe 5-HT 1A autoreceptors in mice. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1713-23 pubmed..These data supported the hypothesis that chronic NK1 receptor blockade induces a functional desensitization of 5-HT 1A autoreceptors similar to that observed with SSRIs. ..
- Launay N, Goudeau B, Kato K, Vicart P, Lilienbaum A. Cell signaling pathways to alphaB-crystallin following stresses of the cytoskeleton. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:3570-84 pubmed..Thus, disturbance of cytoskeleton leads by converging signaling pathways to the phosphorylation of alphaB-crystallin, which probably acts as a protective effector of the cytoskeleton. ..
- Lambert M, Thoumine O, Brevier J, Choquet D, Riveline D, Mège R. Nucleation and growth of cadherin adhesions. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:4025-40 pubmed..Foci experienced collapse at the rear of cadherin adhesions. Based on these results, we present a model for the nucleation, directional growth and shrinkage of cadherin adhesions. ..
- Ivanovski O, Nikolov I, Joki N, Caudrillier A, Phan O, Mentaverri R, et al. The calcimimetic R-568 retards uremia-enhanced vascular calcification and atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E deficient (apoE-/-) mice. Atherosclerosis. 2009;205:55-62 pubmed publisher..This effect was mediated via a better control of hyperparathyroidism including serum Ca and phosphorus. Direct vascular CaR activation also could have played a role in the observed effects. ..
- Laissue P, Burgio G, L hôte D, Renault G, Marchiol Fournigault C, Fradelizi D, et al. Identification of Quantitative Trait Loci responsible for embryonic lethality in mice assessed by ultrasonography. Int J Dev Biol. 2009;53:623-9 pubmed publisher..The short chromosomal intervals related to the phenotypes will facilitate the study of a restricted number of candidate genes which are potentially dysregulated in patients affected by RSA...
- Boulaftali Y, Adam F, Venisse L, Ollivier V, Richard B, Taieb S, et al. Anticoagulant and antithrombotic properties of platelet protease nexin-1. Blood. 2010;115:97-106 pubmed publisher..Platelet PN-1 is thus a key player in the thrombotic process, whose negative regulatory role has been, up to now, markedly underestimated. ..
- Bizat N, Peyrin J, Haïk S, Cochois V, Beaudry P, Laplanche J, et al. Neuron dysfunction is induced by prion protein with an insertional mutation via a Fyn kinase and reversed by sirtuin activation in Caenorhabditis elegans. J Neurosci. 2010;30:5394-403 pubmed publisher..Sirtuin activators may thus have therapeutic potential to protect from prion neurotoxicity and its effects on intracellular signaling. ..
- Cifuentes Diaz C, Dubourg O, Irinopoulou T, Vigny M, Lachkar S, Decker L, et al. Nodes of ranvier and paranodes in chronic acquired neuropathies. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e14533 pubmed publisher..Marked differences were observed between CIDP and CIAP and the alterations in paranodin immunofluorescence may be an interesting tool for their differential diagnosis. ..
- Romito A, Rougeulle C. Origin and evolution of the long non-coding genes in the X-inactivation center. Biochimie. 2011;93:1935-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, the appearance of the Xic, which occurred after the divergence between eutherians and marsupials, was the basis for the evolution of random X inactivation as a strategy to achieve dosage compensation. ..
- Pizon V, Rybina S, Gerbal F, Delort F, Vicart P, Baldacci G, et al. MURF2B, a novel LC3-binding protein, participates with MURF2A in the switch between autophagy and ubiquitin proteasome system during differentiation of C2C12 muscle cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76140 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that MURF2A and MURF2B proteins could participate in the molecular switch between the two ubiquitin degradative pathways. ..