Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on methylation in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
- Zhu Z, Liu X, Fang X, Sun H, Yang X, Zhang Y. Structural characterization and anti-tumor activity of polysaccharide produced by Hirsutella sinensis. Int J Biol Macromol. 2016;82:959-66 pubmed publisher..The molar ratio of Rha:Ara:Xyl:Man:Glu:Gal was 1.00:2.44:13.11:74.13:13.80:54.39. The main chain of HSP-III was majorly composed of (1â†’3) glucose. The tumor inhibition ratio on H22 cell was 79.04% at 100 Î¼g/mL of HSP-III. ..
- Netchine I, Rossignol S, Dufourg M, Azzi S, Rousseau A, Perin L, et al. 11p15 imprinting center region 1 loss of methylation is a common and specific cause of typical Russell-Silver syndrome: clinical scoring system and epigenetic-phenotypic correlations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:3148-54 pubmed..The 11p15 ICR1 epimutation is a major, specific cause of RSS exhibiting failure to thrive. We propose a clinical scoring system (including a BMI < -2 SDS), highly predictive of 11p15 ICR1 LOM, for the diagnosis of RSS. ..
- Borde V, Robine N, Lin W, Bonfils S, Geli V, Nicolas A. Histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation marks meiotic recombination initiation sites. EMBO J. 2009;28:99-111 pubmed publisher..Novel perspectives to dissect the various layers of the controls of meiotic DSB formation are discussed. ..
- Paldi A, Jami J. Tcp-1 gene is not responsible for the maternal lethality effect of Thp mutation in mice. Dev Biol. 1991;143:374-7 pubmed..In addition, the paternal and maternal Tcp-1 alleles had identical methylation patterns. These results indicate that Tcp-1 is not responsible for the maternal lethality effect, and therefore is not located at the Tme locus. ..
- Rolando M, Sanulli S, Rusniok C, Gomez Valero L, Bertholet C, Sahr T, et al. Legionella pneumophila effector RomA uniquely modifies host chromatin to repress gene expression and promote intracellular bacterial replication. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;13:395-405 pubmed publisher..Thus, a secreted L. pneumophila effector targets the host cell nucleus and modifies histones to repress gene expression and promote efficient intracellular replication...
- Plumbridge J, Kolb A. CAP and Nag repressor binding to the regulatory regions of the nagE-B and manX genes of Escherichia coli. J Mol Biol. 1991;217:661-79 pubmed..In addition NagC and CAP binding sites have been found upstream from the manXYZ operon. Although the sites exhibit a similar organization there is no evidence for formation of a DNA loop in this operon. ..
- Antoniewski C, Laval M, Dahan A, Lepesant J. The ecdysone response enhancer of the Fbp1 gene of Drosophila melanogaster is a direct target for the EcR/USP nuclear receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4465-74 pubmed..These results provide strong evidence for a direct role of the EcR/USP heterodimer in driving gene expression in response to changes of the ecdysteroid titer during Drosophila larval development. ..
- Courtier B, Heard E, Avner P. Xce haplotypes show modified methylation in a region of the active X chromosome lying 3' to Xist. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:3531-5 pubmed..We propose that such a region could be involved in the initial stages of the inactivation process and in particular in the choice of which of the two X chromosomes present in a female cell will be inactivated. ..
- Ranaei Siadat E, Fabret C, Seijo B, Dardel F, Grosjean H, Nonin Lecomte S. RNA-methyltransferase TrmA is a dual-specific enzyme responsible for C5-methylation of uridine in both tmRNA and tRNA. RNA Biol. 2013;10:572-8 pubmed publisher..The evidence comes from the lack of m (5)U in purified tmRNA or TLD variants recovered from an Escherichia coli mutant strain deleted of the trmA gene. Detection of m (5)U in RNA was performed by NMR analysis...
- Margueron R, Reinberg D. The Polycomb complex PRC2 and its mark in life. Nature. 2011;469:343-9 pubmed publisher..Recent studies of PRC2 have expanded our perspectives on its function and regulation, and uncovered a role for non-coding RNA in the recruitment of PRC2 to target genes. ..
- Saint André V, Batsche E, Rachez C, Muchardt C. Histone H3 lysine 9 trimethylation and HP1? favor inclusion of alternative exons. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;18:337-44 pubmed publisher..They further implicate HP1? as a possible bridging molecule between the chromatin and the maturating mRNA, with a general impact on splicing decisions. ..
- Jordi E, Heiman M, Marion Poll L, Guermonprez P, Cheng S, Nairn A, et al. Differential effects of cocaine on histone posttranslational modifications in identified populations of striatal neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:9511-6 pubmed publisher..The method described should have general utility for studying nuclear modifications in different types of neuronal or nonneuronal cell types. ..
- Ferry L, Fournier A, Tsusaka T, Adelmant G, Shimazu T, Matano S, et al. Methylation of DNA Ligase 1 by G9a/GLP Recruits UHRF1 to Replicating DNA and Regulates DNA Methylation. Mol Cell. 2017;67:550-565.e5 pubmed publisher..These results further elucidate the function of UHRF1, identify a non-histone target of G9a and GLP, and provide an example of a histone mimic that coordinates DNA replication and DNA methylation maintenance. ..
- Chapat C, Chettab K, Simonet P, Wang P, de la Grange P, Le Romancer M, et al. Alternative splicing of CNOT7 diversifies CCR4-NOT functions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8508-8523 pubmed publisher..These observations illustrate how the integration of a splicing variant inside CCR4-NOT can diversify its cell- and tissue-specific functions. ..
- Oerum S, Dégut C, Barraud P, Tisne C. m1A Post-Transcriptional Modification in tRNAs. Biomolecules. 2017;7: pubmed publisher..The review further describes, in detail, two enzyme families responsible for formation of m1A at nucleotide position 9 and 58 in tRNA with a focus on the tRNA binding, m1A mechanism, protein domain organisation and overall structures. ..
- Escamilla Del Arenal M, da Rocha S, Spruijt C, Masui O, Renaud O, Smits A, et al. Cdyl, a new partner of the inactive X chromosome and potential reader of H3K27me3 and H3K9me2. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:5005-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that the combination of H3K9me2 and H3K27me3 recruits Cdyl to Xi, and this, in turn, may facilitate propagation of the H3K9me2 mark by anchoring G9a. ..
- Sommermeyer V, Béneut C, Chaplais E, Serrentino M, Borde V. Spp1, a member of the Set1 Complex, promotes meiotic DSB formation in promoters by tethering histone H3K4 methylation sites to chromosome axes. Mol Cell. 2013;49:43-54 pubmed publisher..This paper provides the molecular mechanism linking DSB sequences to chromosome axes and explains why H3K4 methylation is important for meiotic recombination. ..
- Mozzetta C, Pontis J, Fritsch L, Robin P, Portoso M, Proux C, et al. The histone H3 lysine 9 methyltransferases G9a and GLP regulate polycomb repressive complex 2-mediated gene silencing. Mol Cell. 2014;53:277-89 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings demonstrate an unanticipated interplay between two main histone lysine methylation mechanisms, which cooperate to maintain silencing of a subset of developmental genes. ..
- Champion C, Guianvarc h D, Senamaud Beaufort C, Jurkowska R, Jeltsch A, Ponger L, et al. Mechanistic insights on the inhibition of c5 DNA methyltransferases by zebularine. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12388 pubmed publisher..We confirm that zebularine exerts its demethylation activity by stabilizing the binding of DNMTs to DNA, hindering the methylation and decreasing the dissociation, thereby trapping the enzyme and preventing turnover even at other sites. ..
- Heurgué Hamard V, Champ S, Mora L, Merkulova Rainon T, Merkoulova Rainon T, Kisselev L, et al. The glutamine residue of the conserved GGQ motif in Saccharomyces cerevisiae release factor eRF1 is methylated by the product of the YDR140w gene. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2439-45 pubmed..erf3.gtp. ..
- Okamoto I, Otte A, Allis C, Reinberg D, Heard E. Epigenetic dynamics of imprinted X inactivation during early mouse development. Science. 2004;303:644-9 pubmed..This reveals the remarkable plasticity of the X-inactivation process during preimplantation development and underlines the importance of the ICM in global reprogramming of epigenetic marks in the early embryo...
- Heard E, Simmler M, Larin Z, Rougeulle C, Courtier B, Lehrach H, et al. Physical mapping and YAC contig analysis of the region surrounding Xist on the mouse X chromosome. Genomics. 1993;15:559-69 pubmed
- Hadchouel M, Farza H, Simon D, Tiollais P, Pourcel C. Maternal inhibition of hepatitis B surface antigen gene expression in transgenic mice correlates with de novo methylation. Nature. 1987;329:454-6 pubmed
- Lemaire P, Vesque C, Schmitt J, Stunnenberg H, Frank R, Charnay P. The serum-inducible mouse gene Krox-24 encodes a sequence-specific transcriptional activator. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:3456-67 pubmed..Krox-24 is therefore a sequence-specific transcriptional activator. Krox-24-binding sites were found upstream of several serum-inducible genes, raising the possibility that Krox-24 is involved in the regulation of these genes. ..
- Coléno Costes A, Jang S, de Vanssay A, Rougeot J, Bouceba T, Randsholt N, et al. New partners in regulation of gene expression: the enhancer of Trithorax and Polycomb Corto interacts with methylated ribosomal protein l12 via its chromodomain. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003006 pubmed publisher..We discuss whether pseudo-ribosomal complexes composed of various ribosomal proteins might participate in regulation of gene expression in connection with chromatin regulators. ..
- Laurent B, Randrianarison Huetz V, Frisan E, Andrieu Soler C, Soler E, Fontenay M, et al. A short Gfi-1B isoform controls erythroid differentiation by recruiting the LSD1-CoREST complex through the dimethylation of its SNAG domain. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:993-1002 pubmed publisher..Mutation of lysine 8 prevents Gfi-1B p32-induced erythroid development. Our results thus highlight a key role for the alternatively spliced Gfi-1B p32 isoform in erythroid development. ..
- Cock Rada A, Medjkane S, Janski N, Yousfi N, Perichon M, Chaussepied M, et al. SMYD3 promotes cancer invasion by epigenetic upregulation of the metalloproteinase MMP-9. Cancer Res. 2012;72:810-20 pubmed publisher..Together, our results define SMYD3 as an important new regulator of MMP-9 transcription, and they provide a molecular link between SMYD3 overexpression and metastatic cancer progression. ..
- Mora L, Heurgué Hamard V, de Zamaroczy M, Kervestin S, Buckingham R. Methylation of bacterial release factors RF1 and RF2 is required for normal translation termination in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:35638-45 pubmed..This suggests that the expression of some genes needed for optimal growth under such conditions can become growth limiting as a result of inefficient translation termination. ..
- Imbard A, Benoist J, Blom H. Neural tube defects, folic acid and methylation. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2013;10:4352-89 pubmed publisher..The objective of this article is to review the role of methylation metabolism in the onset of neural tube defects. ..
- Bakala H, Delaval E, Hamelin M, Bismuth J, Borot Laloi C, Corman B, et al. Changes in rat liver mitochondria with aging. Lon protease-like reactivity and N(epsilon)-carboxymethyllysine accumulation in the matrix. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2295-302 pubmed
- Heurgué Hamard V, Champ S, Engström Å, Ehrenberg M, Buckingham R. The hemK gene in Escherichia coli encodes the N(5)-glutamine methyltransferase that modifies peptide release factors. EMBO J. 2002;21:769-78 pubmed..Fast-growing spontaneous revertants in hemK K12 strains contain the mutations Thr246Ala or Thr246Ser in RF2. HemK and YfcB are the first identified methyltransferases modifying glutamine, and are widely distributed in nature. ..
- Vanet A, Plumbridge J, Alix J. Cotranscription of two genes necessary for ribosomal protein L11 methylation (prmA) and pantothenate transport (panF) in Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7178-88 pubmed..Although no promoter activity was detected immediately upstream of prmA, S1 mapping detected 5' ends of mRNA in this region, implying that some mRNA processing occurs within the bicistronic panF-prmA mRNA. ..
- Brustel J, Kirstein N, Izard F, Grimaud C, Prorok P, Cayrou C, et al. Histone H4K20 tri-methylation at late-firing origins ensures timely heterochromatin replication. EMBO J. 2017;36:2726-2741 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results reveal Suv4-20h-mediated H4K20 tri-methylation as a critical determinant in the selection of active replication initiation sites in heterochromatin regions of mammalian genomes. ..