Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on memory in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
- Alonso I, Davachi L, ValabrÃ¨gue R, Lambrecq V, Dupont S, Samson S. Neural correlates of binding lyrics and melodies for the encoding of new songs. Neuroimage. 2016;127:333-345 pubmed publisher..Results are discussed in light of studies of binding in the visual domain and highlight the role of regions involved in timing and synchronization such as the basal ganglia and the cerebellum. ..
- Villette V, Poindessous Jazat F, Simon A, Léna C, Roullot E, Bellessort B, et al. Decreased rhythmic GABAergic septal activity and memory-associated theta oscillations after hippocampal amyloid-beta pathology in the rat. J Neurosci. 2010;30:10991-1003 pubmed publisher..Such results indicate that hippocampal Abeta treatment leads to a specific functional depression of inhibitory projection neurons of the medial septum, resulting in the functional impairment of the temporal network. ..
- Dipoppa M, Gutkin B. Flexible frequency control of cortical oscillations enables computations required for working memory. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:12828-33 pubmed publisher..The various frequency bands determine the dynamic gating regimes enabling the necessary operations for WM, whose succession explains the need for the complex oscillatory brain dynamics during effortful cognition. ..
- Zalla T, Daprati E, Sav A, Chaste P, Nico D, Leboyer M. Memory for self-performed actions in individuals with Asperger syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13370 pubmed publisher..These disturbances might be associated to an impaired action monitoring system. ..
- Picard L, Mayor Dubois C, Maeder P, Kalenzaga S, Abram M, Duval C, et al. Functional independence within the self-memory system: new insights from two cases of developmental amnesia. Cortex. 2013;49:1463-81 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they highlight developmental episodic and semantic functional independence within the self-memory system suggesting that SAM and CS may be acquired without episodic memories...
- Guedj F, Sebrie C, Rivals I, Ledru A, Paly E, Bizot J, et al. Green tea polyphenols rescue of brain defects induced by overexpression of DYRK1A. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4606 pubmed publisher..We maintained control and transgenic mice overexpressing DYRK1A on two different polyphenol-based diets, from gestation to adulthood. The major features of the transgenic phenotype were rescued in these mice. ..
- Chappuy H, Doz F, Blanche S, Gentet J, Pons G, Treluyer J. Parental consent in paediatric clinical research. Arch Dis Child. 2006;91:112-6 pubmed..The majority of parents preferred that the physician take as much responsibility as possible in the decision making process. ..
- Roussel C, Hughes G, Waszak F. A preactivation account of sensory attenuation. Neuropsychologia. 2013;51:922-9 pubmed publisher..This provides a novel account of how motor prediction drives sensory attenuation of action-effects. ..
- Braudeau J, Delatour B, Duchon A, Pereira P, Dauphinot L, de Chaumont F, et al. Specific targeting of the GABA-A receptor ?5 subtype by a selective inverse agonist restores cognitive deficits in Down syndrome mice. J Psychopharmacol. 2011;25:1030-42 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that non-convulsant ?5-selective GABA-A inverse agonists could improve learning and memory deficits in DS individuals. ..
- Khrimian L, Obri A, Ramos Brossier M, Rousseaud A, Moriceau S, Nicot A, et al. Gpr158 mediates osteocalcin's regulation of cognition. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2859-2873 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that exogenous OCN can improve hippocampal-dependent memory in mice and identify molecular tools to harness this pathway for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Bensimon G, Chermat R. Microtubule disruption and cognitive defects: effect of colchicine on learning behavior in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1991;38:141-5 pubmed..This new procedure of pharmacologically induced cognitive impairment may prove useful, both towards understanding AD pathogenesis and towards drug screening. ..
- Peyrache A, Khamassi M, Benchenane K, Wiener S, Battaglia F. Replay of rule-learning related neural patterns in the prefrontal cortex during sleep. Nat Neurosci. 2009;12:919-26 pubmed publisher..Therefore, learning, or the resulting reliable reward, influenced which patterns were most strongly encoded and successively reactivated in the hippocampal/prefrontal network...
- Colomb J, Kaiser L, Chabaud M, Preat T. Parametric and genetic analysis of Drosophila appetitive long-term memory and sugar motivation. Genes Brain Behav. 2009;8:407-15 pubmed publisher..Using the MB247-P[switch] system, we further show that tequila is required in the adult mushroom bodies for normal sugar motivation. ..
- Chapouthier G. From the search for a molecular code of memory to the role of neurotransmitters: a historical perspective. Neural Plast. 2004;11:151-8 pubmed
- Bancaud J, Brunet Bourgin F, Chauvel P, Halgren E. Anatomical origin of déjà vu and vivid 'memories' in human temporal lobe epilepsy. Brain. 1994;117 ( Pt 1):71-90 pubmed..abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Tagliabue M, McIntyre J. Necessity is the mother of invention: reconstructing missing sensory information in multiple, concurrent reference frames for eye-hand coordination. J Neurosci. 2011;31:1397-409 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the necessity of producing at least one coordinate transformation activates multiple, concurrent internal representations, the functionality of which depends on the alignment of the head with respect to gravity. ..
- Mourlon V, Baudin A, Blanc O, Lauber A, Giros B, Naudon L, et al. Maternal deprivation induces depressive-like behaviours only in female rats. Behav Brain Res. 2010;213:278-87 pubmed publisher..In contrast, our present results suggest the use of the MD model, especially in females, as a model of the dysthymia, a mild chronic-depressive condition, which has been related to poorer maternal relationship. ..
- Pannasch U, Freche D, Dallérac G, Ghezali G, Escartin C, Ezan P, et al. Connexin 30 sets synaptic strength by controlling astroglial synapse invasion. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:549-58 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results establish connexin 30 as a critical regulator of synaptic strength by controlling the synaptic location of astroglial processes. ..
- Mothet J, Rouaud E, Sinet P, Potier B, Jouvenceau A, Dutar P, et al. A critical role for the glial-derived neuromodulator D-serine in the age-related deficits of cellular mechanisms of learning and memory. Aging Cell. 2006;5:267-74 pubmed..These results highlight the critical role of glial cells and presumably astrocytes, through the availability of D-serine, in the deficits of synaptic mechanisms of learning and memory that occur in the course of aging. ..
- Poitrenaud J, Piette F, Malbezin M, Sebban C, Guez D. Almitrine-raubasine and cognitive impairment in the elderly: results of a 6-month controlled multicenter study. Clin Neuropharmacol. 1990;13 Suppl 3:S100-8 pubmed..These data suggest that almitrine-raubasine enhances concentrated attention in patients with mild to moderate impairment of this function. ..
- Riemensperger T, Isabel G, Coulom H, Neuser K, Seugnet L, Kume K, et al. Behavioral consequences of dopamine deficiency in the Drosophila central nervous system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:834-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that flies can perform complex brain functions in the absence of neural DA, whereas specific behaviors involving, in particular, arousal and choice require normal levels of this neuromodulator. ..
- Danglot L, Freret T, Le Roux N, Narboux Nême N, Burgo A, Hyenne V, et al. Vezatin is essential for dendritic spine morphogenesis and functional synaptic maturation. J Neurosci. 2012;32:9007-22 pubmed publisher..However, the AMPA/NMDA ratio of evoked EPSCs was reduced, suggesting impaired functional maturation of excitatory synapses. These results suggest a role of Vezatin in dendritic spine morphogenesis and functional synaptic maturation. ..