Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on membrane transport proteins in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: membrane transport proteins
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Nubel T, Ricquier D. Respiration under control of uncoupling proteins: Clinical perspective. Horm Res. 2006;65:300-10 pubmed..This lively awaited information may be the basis for potential pharmacological targeting of the UCPs in future. ..
- Sancho Shimizu V, Zhang S, Abel L, Tardieu M, Rozenberg F, Jouanguy E, et al. Genetic susceptibility to herpes simplex virus 1 encephalitis in mice and humans. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol. 2007;7:495-505 pubmed..This is not only crucial for the understanding of immunity to herpes simplex virus 1, but also for the diagnosis and treatment of herpes simplex encephalitis. ..
- Cheval L, Pierrat F, Dossat C, Genete M, Imbert Teboul M, Duong Van Huyen J, et al. Atlas of gene expression in the mouse kidney: new features of glomerular parietal cells. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:161-73 pubmed publisher..Finally, functional annotation of glomerulus-specific transcripts suggested a high proliferation activity of glomerular cells. Immunolabeling for PCNA confirmed a high percentage of proliferating cells in the glomerulus parietal sheet. ..
- André P, Saubamea B, Cochois Guégan V, Marie Claire C, Cattelotte J, Smirnova M, et al. Transport of biogenic amine neurotransmitters at the mouse blood-retina and blood-brain barriers by uptake1 and uptake2. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2012;32:1989-2001 pubmed publisher..These heterogeneous transport properties of the brain and retina NVUs suggest that the BBB helps protect the brain against biogenic amine neurotransmitters in the plasma while the BRB has more of a metabolic/endocrine role. ..
- Rigaud J, Mosser G, Lacapere J, Olofsson A, Levy D, Ranck J. Bio-Beads: an efficient strategy for two-dimensional crystallization of membrane proteins. J Struct Biol. 1997;118:226-35 pubmed..Different crystals could be produced from all protein preparations, with optical diffraction down to 20-25 A in negative stain. ..
- Jouanguy E, Zhang S, Chapgier A, Sancho Shimizu V, Puel A, Picard C, et al. Human primary immunodeficiencies of type I interferons. Biochimie. 2007;89:878-83 pubmed..These novel inherited disorders strongly suggest that type I IFN-mediated immunity is essential for protection against natural infections caused by several viruses in humans. ..
- Molinari F, Kaminska A, Fiermonte G, Boddaert N, Raas Rothschild A, Plouin P, et al. Mutations in the mitochondrial glutamate carrier SLC25A22 in neonatal epileptic encephalopathy with suppression bursts. Clin Genet. 2009;76:188-94 pubmed publisher..Comparison of the clinical features of patients from both families suggests that SLC25A22 mutations are responsible for a novel clinically recognizable epileptic encephalopathy with SB. ..
- Mazuet C, Yoon E, Boyer S, Pignier S, Blanc T, Doehring I, et al. A penicillin- and metronidazole-resistant Clostridium botulinum strain responsible for an infant botulism case. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:644.e7-644.e12 pubmed publisher..botulinum. This is the first report of a C. botulinum isolate resistant to penicillins. This stresses the importance of antibiotic susceptibility testing for adequate therapy of botulism. ..
- Bakouh N, Bellanca S, Nyboer B, Moliner Cubel S, Karim Z, Sanchez C, et al. Iron is a substrate of the Plasmodium falciparum chloroquine resistance transporter PfCRT in Xenopus oocytes. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16109-16121 pubmed publisher..If these findings in the Xenopus model extend to P. falciparum in vivo, our data suggest that PfCRT might play a role in iron homeostasis, which is essential for the parasite's development in erythrocytes. ..
- Fabre V, Beaufour C, Evrard A, Rioux A, Hanoun N, Lesch K, et al. Altered expression and functions of serotonin 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptors in knock-out mice lacking the 5-HT transporter. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:2299-310 pubmed..Such effects were not detected in 5-HTT-/- mice, further confirming the occurrence of marked alterations of 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B autoreceptors in these animals. ..
- Herve D, Le Moine C, Corvol J, Belluscio L, Ledent C, Fienberg A, et al. Galpha(olf) levels are regulated by receptor usage and control dopamine and adenosine action in the striatum. J Neurosci. 2001;21:4390-9 pubmed..Together, these results identify Galpha(olf) as a critical and regulated component of both dopamine and adenosine signaling. ..
- Rebsam A, Seif I, Gaspar P. Refinement of thalamocortical arbors and emergence of barrel domains in the primary somatosensory cortex: a study of normal and monoamine oxidase a knock-out mice. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8541-52 pubmed..Our results indicate that the barrel-deficient phenotype of MAOA-KO mice results from an altered refinement of the TCA arbors in their target layer IV, involving branch elaboration and collateral retraction during early postnatal life. ..
- Kalatzis V, Cohen Solal L, Cordier B, Frishberg Y, Kemper M, Nuutinen E, et al. Identification of 14 novel CTNS mutations and characterization of seven splice site mutations associated with cystinosis. Hum Mutat. 2002;20:439-46 pubmed..8%. Interestingly, the few undetectable mono- or bi-allelic mutations segregated mostly in the noninfantile forms, suggesting that these individuals carry mutations either in the introns or in unidentified regulatory sequences. ..
- Legros F, Lombes A, Frachon P, Rojo M. Mitochondrial fusion in human cells is efficient, requires the inner membrane potential, and is mediated by mitofusins. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4343-54 pubmed..These results show that human mitochondria represent a single cellular compartment whose exchanges and interconnectivity are dynamically regulated by the balance between continuous fusion and fission reactions. ..
- Froger N, Jammoul F, Gaucher D, Cadetti L, Lorach H, Dégardin J, et al. Taurine is a crucial factor to preserve retinal ganglion cell survival. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2013;775:69-83 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the retinal taurine level is a crucial marker to prevent RGC damage in major retinal diseases. ..
- Gómez Zepeda D, Chaves C, Taghi M, Sergent P, Liu W, Chhuon C, et al. Targeted unlabeled multiple reaction monitoring analysis of cell markers for the study of sample heterogeneity in isolated rat brain cortical microvessels. J Neurochem. 2017;142:597-609 pubmed publisher..89) and moderate to high with Bcrp (r ? 0.77), that can be found also in pericytes and astrocytes. Therefore, Pecam-1 was selected as a marker for the normalization of the quantification of the proteins of endothelial cells. ..
- Martres M, Demeneix B, Hanoun N, Hamon M, Giros B. Up- and down-expression of the dopamine transporter by plasmid DNA transfer in the rat brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1998;10:3607-16 pubmed..These data indicate that non-viral transfer of the sense or antisense coding sequence of DAT can be used as a novel approach to induce long-term changes in central DA neurotransmission. ..
- Gasnier B, Scherman D, Henry J. Inactivation of the catecholamine transporter during the preparation of chromaffin granule membrane 'ghosts'. FEBS Lett. 1987;222:215-9 pubmed..The reserpine to dihydrotetrabenazine binding ratio (10-25%) is an estimate of the proportion of correctly resealed vesicles. ..
- Chauleau M, Mora L, Serba J, de Zamaroczy M. FtsH-dependent processing of RNase colicins D and E3 means that only the cytotoxic domains are imported into the cytoplasm. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29397-407 pubmed publisher..Even though the OmpT-catalyzed in vitro cleavage also liberates the catalytic domain from colicins D and E3, it is not involved in the processing of nuclease colicins during their import into the cytoplasm. ..
- Olives B, Martial S, Mattei M, Matassi G, Rousselet G, Ripoche P, et al. Molecular characterization of a new urea transporter in the human kidney. FEBS Lett. 1996;386:156-60 pubmed..By in situ hybridization, the gene encoding HUT2 has been assigned to chromosome 18q12.1-q21-1, as found previously for the Kidd/urea transporter HUT11, suggesting that both genes evolved from duplication of a common ancestor. ..
- Upton A, Ravary A, Salichon N, Moessner R, Lesch K, Hen R, et al. Lack of 5-HT(1B) receptor and of serotonin transporter have different effects on the segregation of retinal axons in the lateral geniculate nucleus compared to the superior colliculus. Neuroscience. 2002;111:597-610 pubmed
- Fribourg P, Chami M, Sorzano C, Gubellini F, Marabini R, Marco S, et al. 3D cryo-electron reconstruction of BmrA, a bacterial multidrug ABC transporter in an inward-facing conformation and in a lipidic environment. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:2059-69 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data are consistent with a mechanism of drug transport involving large conformational changes of BmrA and show that a bacterial ABC exporter can adopt at least two open inward conformations in lipid membrane...
- Krejci E, Gasnier B, Botton D, Isambert M, Sagne C, Gagnon J, et al. Expression and regulation of the bovine vesicular monoamine transporter gene. FEBS Lett. 1993;335:27-32 pubmed
- Kalatzis V, Cherqui S, Antignac C, Gasnier B. Cystinosin, the protein defective in cystinosis, is a H(+)-driven lysosomal cystine transporter. EMBO J. 2001;20:5940-9 pubmed
- Aubert Pivert E, Davies J. Biosynthesis of butirosin in Bacillus circulans NRRL B3312: identification by sequence analysis and insertional mutagenesis of the butB gene involved in antibiotic production. Gene. 1994;147:1-11 pubmed..It is proposed that ButB plays a role in the export of But from the producing organism. ..
- Cartron J, Ripoche P. Urea transport and Kidd blood groups. Transfus Clin Biol. 1995;2:309-15 pubmed..All these findings provide evidence that the Kidd locus encodes for the human erythrocyte urea transporter, offering new prospects for biological study of urea transporters and their tissue-specific regulation. ..
- Boyer J, Michaux G, Fairhead C, Gaillon L, Dujon B. Sequence and analysis of a 26.9 kb fragment from chromosome XV of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1996;12:1575-86 pubmed..The present sequence corresponds to coordinates 772,331 to 799,187 of the entire chromosome XV sequence which can be retrieved by anonymous ftp (ftp. mips. embnet. org). ..
- Callebaut I, Mornon J. The human EBNA-2 coactivator p100: multidomain organization and relationship to the staphylococcal nuclease fold and to the tudor protein involved in Drosophila melanogaster development. Biochem J. 1997;321 ( Pt 1):125-32 pubmed..We named this heretofore undescribed domain the 'tudor domain' and highlight within it five invariant residues which could be involved in one of the essential roles played by these proteins. ..
- Lucien N, Sidoux Walter F, Olives B, Moulds J, Le Pennec P, Cartron J, et al. Characterization of the gene encoding the human Kidd blood group/urea transporter protein. Evidence for splice site mutations in Jknull individuals. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:12973-80 pubmed..These findings provide a rational explanation for the lack of Kidd/urea transporter protein and defect in urea transport of Jknull cells. ..
- Masson J, Sagne C, Hamon M, El Mestikawy S. Neurotransmitter transporters in the central nervous system. Pharmacol Rev. 1999;51:439-64 pubmed
- Ferrandez Y, Monlezun L, Phan G, Benabdelhak H, Benas P, Ulryck N, et al. Stoichiometry of the MexA-OprM binding, as investigated by blue native gel electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 2012;33:1282-7 pubmed publisher..Then we proved that MexA has to be palmitylated in order to stabilized the complex formation with OprM. Finally, we provided evidence for a two by two (2, 4, 6, or upper) binding of palmitylated MexA per trimer of OprM. ..
- Binet R, Wandersman C. Cloning of the Serratia marcescens hasF gene encoding the Has ABC exporter outer membrane component: a TolC analogue. Mol Microbiol. 1996;22:265-73 pubmed..This suggests that the various functions of TolC could correspond to distinct domains on the protein...
- Galan J, Haguenauer Tsapis R. Ubiquitin lys63 is involved in ubiquitination of a yeast plasma membrane protein. EMBO J. 1997;16:5847-54 pubmed..We have thus identified a natural target of Lys63-linked ubiquitin chains. We have also shown that monoubiquitination is sufficient to induce permease endocytosis, but that Lys63-linked ubiquitin chains appear to stimulate this process. ..
- Millan M, Gobert A, Lejeune F, Newman Tancredi A, Rivet J, Auclair A, et al. S33005, a novel ligand at both serotonin and norepinephrine transporters: I. Receptor binding, electrophysiological, and neurochemical profile in comparison with venlafaxine, reboxetine, citalopram, and clomipramine. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;298:565-80 pubmed..It enhances extracellular levels of 5-HT and NE throughout corticolimbic structures and selectively elevates dialysis levels of DA in frontal cortex versus subcortical regions...
- Koszul R, Malpertuy A, Frangeul L, Bouchier C, Wincker P, Thierry A, et al. The complete mitochondrial genome sequence of the pathogenic yeast Candida (Torulopsis) glabrata. FEBS Lett. 2003;534:39-48 pubmed..Three group I introns each with an intronic open reading frame are present in the COX1 gene. This sequence is available under accession number AJ511533...
- Chambrey R, Goossens D, Bourgeois S, Picard N, Bloch Faure M, Leviel F, et al. Genetic ablation of Rhbg in the mouse does not impair renal ammonium excretion. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F1281-90 pubmed..We conclude that Rhbg is not a critical determinant of NH(4)(+) excretion by the kidney and of NH(4)(+) detoxification by the liver in vivo. ..
- Hurtaud C, Gelly C, Bouillaud F, Levi Meyrueis C. Translation control of UCP2 synthesis by the upstream open reading frame. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2006;63:1780-9 pubmed..We discuss our results within the framework of the existing models explaining initiation of translation downstream of a uORF. ..
- Izzedine H, Hulot J, Villard E, Goyenvalle C, Dominguez S, Ghosn J, et al. Association between ABCC2 gene haplotypes and tenofovir-induced proximal tubulopathy. J Infect Dis. 2006;194:1481-91 pubmed..2% of the group 2 control subjects (P<.01). No association was observed between ABCC4 polymorphism and TDF-induced rPT in the present study. ABCC2 haplotypes are associated with rPT induced by TDF in HIV-1-infected patients. ..
- Soares R, Do T, Mabondzo A, Pons G, Chhun S. Ontogeny of ABC and SLC transporters in the microvessels of developing rat brain. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2016;30:107-16 pubmed publisher..Accordingly to our results, we suppose that age may be another factor influencing brain exposure to antiepileptics as a consequence of different expression patterns of efflux transporters between the adult and immature BBB. ..
- Lebrand C, Cases O, Wehrle R, Blakely R, Edwards R, Gaspar P. Transient developmental expression of monoamine transporters in the rodent forebrain. J Comp Neurol. 1998;401:506-24 pubmed..These expressions did not seem to be dependent on peripheral neural inputs, since monocular enucleations and infraorbital nerve cuts effected on the day of birth, did not modify the period of transporter expression or of extinction. ..
- Cherqui S, Kalatzis V, Trugnan G, Antignac C. The targeting of cystinosin to the lysosomal membrane requires a tyrosine-based signal and a novel sorting motif. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13314-21 pubmed..Using site-directed mutagenesis studies we identified a novel conformational lysosomal-sorting motif, the core of which was delineated to YFPQA (amino acids 281-285)...
- Fontayne A, Dang P, Gougerot Pocidalo M, El Benna J. Phosphorylation of p47phox sites by PKC alpha, beta II, delta, and zeta: effect on binding to p22phox and on NADPH oxidase activation. Biochemistry. 2002;41:7743-50 pubmed..In addition, phosphorylation of some serines could have an inhibitory effect on oxidase activation. ..
- Cherqui S, Sevin C, Hamard G, Kalatzis V, Sich M, Pequignot M, et al. Intralysosomal cystine accumulation in mice lacking cystinosin, the protein defective in cystinosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:7622-32 pubmed..This animal model will prove an invaluable and unique tool for testing emerging therapeutics for cystinosis. ..
- Bayle F, Leroy S, Gourion D, Millet B, Olie J, Poirier M, et al. 5HTTLPR polymorphism in schizophrenic patients: further support for association with violent suicide attempts. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2003;119B:13-7 pubmed..Although replication studies are warranted, these results in schizophrenia further support the hypothesis that 5HTTLPR polymorphism is a risk factor for violent suicidal behavior. ..
- Le Fur S, Le Stunff C, Dos Santos C, Bougneres P. The common -866 G/A polymorphism in the promoter of uncoupling protein 2 is associated with increased carbohydrate and decreased lipid oxidation in juvenile obesity. Diabetes. 2004;53:235-9 pubmed..6 +/- 1.2) of calories derived from carbohydrates to those from lipids compared with G/A or G/G obese children (1.4 +/- 0.2, P = 0.003), suggesting a role for UCP2 in the partitioning of metabolic fuels. ..
- Zidi Yahiaoui N, Mouro Chanteloup I, D Ambrosio A, Lopez C, Gane P, Le Van Kim C, et al. Human Rhesus B and Rhesus C glycoproteins: properties of facilitated ammonium transport in recombinant kidney cells. Biochem J. 2005;391:33-40 pubmed..Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 101, 17222-17227] constitute a family of NH3 channels in mammalian cells...
- Lucotte G, Mercier G, Dieterlen F, Yuasa I. A decreasing gradient of 374F allele frequencies in the skin pigmentation gene SLC45A2, from the north of West Europe to North Africa. Biochem Genet. 2010;48:26-33 pubmed publisher..869). The results confirm that the distribution of the 374F allele may reflect the ultraviolet radiation level and can be associated with skin color variation in these regions. ..
- Martinez Jéhanne V, Pichon C, du Merle L, Poupel O, Cayet N, Bouchier C, et al. Role of the vpe carbohydrate permease in Escherichia coli urovirulence and fitness in vivo. Infect Immun. 2012;80:2655-66 pubmed publisher..These findings confirm that carbohydrate transport and metabolism underlie the ability of UPEC strains to colonize the host intestine and to infect various host sites. ..
- Biville F, Turlin E, Gasser F. Mutants of Escherichia coli producing pyrroloquinoline quinone. J Gen Microbiol. 1991;137:1775-82 pubmed..Glucose utilization by EF mutants was strictly aerobic as expected from a PQQ-dependent catabolism. The regulation of PQQ production by E. coli is discussed. ..
- Olives B, Neau P, Bailly P, Hediger M, Rousselet G, Cartron J, et al. Cloning and functional expression of a urea transporter from human bone marrow cells. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:31649-52 pubmed..These findings suggest that HUT11 is most likely responsible for the facilitated urea transport in human red blood cells. ..
- Adelbrecht C, Agid Y, Raisman Vozari R. Effect of the weaver mutation on the expression of dopamine membrane transporter, tyrosine hydroxylase and vesicular monoamine transporter in dopaminergic neurons of the substantia nigra and the ventral tegmental area. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1996;43:291-300 pubmed..The alteration of the DA membrane transporter could play a role in the progression of DA neuronal death in the wv mice. ..
- Sagne C, El Mestikawy S, Isambert M, Hamon M, Henry J, Giros B, et al. Cloning of a functional vesicular GABA and glycine transporter by screening of genome databases. FEBS Lett. 1997;417:177-83 pubmed..These observations, consistent with previous data on GABA and glycine uptake by synaptic vesicles, demonstrate that the mouse clone encodes a vesicular inhibitory amino acid transporter. ..
- Strobel A, Combettes Souverain M, Doare L, Strosberg A, Issad T. Rat uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2): expression in obese ventromedial hypothalamus (VMH)-lesioned animals. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1998;22:1121-6 pubmed
- Rioux A, Fabre V, Lesch K, Moessner R, Murphy D, Lanfumey L, et al. Adaptive changes of serotonin 5-HT2A receptors in mice lacking the serotonin transporter. Neurosci Lett. 1999;262:113-6 pubmed
- Quentin F, Eladari D, Cheval L, Lopez C, Goossens D, Colin Y, et al. RhBG and RhCG, the putative ammonia transporters, are expressed in the same cells in the distal nephron. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2003;14:545-54 pubmed..In conclusion, RhBG and RhCG are present in a major site of ammonia secretion in the kidney, i.e., the CNT and CD, in agreement with their putative role in ammonium transport. ..
- Rumajogee P, Vergé D, Hanoun N, Brisorgueil M, Hen R, Lesch K, et al. Adaption of the serotoninergic neuronal phenotype in the absence of 5-HT autoreceptors or the 5-HT transporter: involvement of BDNF and cAMP. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:937-44 pubmed
- Taillé C, El Benna J, Lanone S, Dang M, Ogier Denis E, Aubier M, et al. Induction of heme oxygenase-1 inhibits NAD(P)H oxidase activity by down-regulating cytochrome b558 expression via the reduction of heme availability. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28681-8 pubmed..This study provides a new mechanism to explain HO-1 anti-oxidant properties. ..
- Albert S, Blons H, Jonard L, Feldmann D, Chauvin P, Loundon N, et al. SLC26A4 gene is frequently involved in nonsyndromic hearing impairment with enlarged vestibular aqueduct in Caucasian populations. Eur J Hum Genet. 2006;14:773-9 pubmed..SLC26A4 could be the second most frequent gene implicated in nonsyndromic deafness after GJB2, in this Caucasian population...
- Grailhe R, Cardona A, Even N, Seif I, Changeux J, Cloëz Tayarani I. Regional changes in the cholinergic system in mice lacking monoamine oxidase A. Brain Res Bull. 2009;78:283-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that genetic deficiency in MAOA enzyme is associated with changes in cholinergic activity, which may account for some of the behavioral alterations observed in mice and humans lacking MAOA. ..
- Jonard L, Niasme Grare M, Bonnet C, Feldmann D, Rouillon I, Loundon N, et al. Screening of SLC26A4, FOXI1 and KCNJ10 genes in unilateral hearing impairment with ipsilateral enlarged vestibular aqueduct. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2010;74:1049-53 pubmed publisher..To investigate the implication of SLC26A4, FOXI and KCNJ10 genes in unilateral hearing impairment associated with ipsilateral inner ear malformation (Enlargement of the vestibular aqueduct and/or Mondini dysplasia)...
- Kelly Aubert M, Trudel S, Fritsch J, Nguyen Khoa T, Baudouin Legros M, Moriceau S, et al. GSH monoethyl ester rescues mitochondrial defects in cystic fibrosis models. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:2745-59 pubmed publisher..These studies provide evidence for a critical role of a mtGSH defect in mitochondrial dysfunction and abnormal IL-8 secretion in CF cells and reveal the therapeutic potential of mitochondria-targeted antioxidants in CF. ..
- Scherman D, Gasnier B, Jaudon P, Henry J. Hydrophobicity of the tetrabenazine-binding site of the chromaffin granule monoamine transporter. Mol Pharmacol. 1988;33:72-7 pubmed..Reserpine, haloperidol, and chlorpromazine have much lower intrinsic affinity for the TBZ-binding site. ..
- Henry J, Sagne C, Bedet C, Gasnier B. The vesicular monoamine transporter: from chromaffin granule to brain. Neurochem Int. 1998;32:227-46 pubmed..The possibility of regulations at the vesicular transporter level and of their effect on the quantum size has to be investigated. The vesicular monoamine transporter is also an important target for brain imaging. ..
- Plumbridge J, Vimr E. Convergent pathways for utilization of the amino sugars N-acetylglucosamine, N-acetylmannosamine, and N-acetylneuraminic acid by Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:47-54 pubmed..The existence of a ManNAc kinase and epimerase within the nan operon allows us to propose that the pathways for dissimilation of the three amino sugars GlcNAc, ManNAc, and NANA, all converge at the step of GlcNAc-6-P. ..
- Llorente B, Dujon B. Transcriptional regulation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae DAL5 gene family and identification of the high affinity nicotinic acid permease TNA1 (YGR260w). FEBS Lett. 2000;475:237-41 pubmed..Its apparent K(m) of 1.7 microM is low enough to allow the uptake of the low concentrations of nicotinic acid normally secreted by wild type cells. ..
- Millan M, Dekeyne A, Papp M, La Rochelle C, MacSweeny C, Peglion J, et al. S33005, a novel ligand at both serotonin and norepinephrine transporters: II. Behavioral profile in comparison with venlafaxine, reboxetine, citalopram, and clomipramine. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;298:581-91 pubmed..It exerts its actions more potently than venlafaxine and clomipramine, and its overall profile is distinct from those of citalopram and reboxetine...
- Fumeron F, Betoulle D, Nicaud V, Evans A, Kee F, Ruidavets J, et al. Serotonin transporter gene polymorphism and myocardial infarction: Etude Cas-Témoins de l'Infarctus du Myocarde (ECTIM). Circulation. 2002;105:2943-5 pubmed..This could be attributable to the effect of the polymorphism on serotonin-mediated platelet activation or smooth muscle cell proliferation or on other risk factors, such as depression or response to stress. ..
- Lucien N, Sidoux Walter F, Roudier N, Ripoche P, Huet M, Trinh Trang Tan M, et al. Antigenic and functional properties of the human red blood cell urea transporter hUT-B1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34101-8 pubmed..Altogether, these antigenic, topologic, and functional properties might have implications into the physiology of hUT-B1 and other members of the urea transporter family. ..
- Schonn J, Desnos C, Darchen F, Henry J. Which step of exocytosis is regulated by the monomeric GTPase Rab3a?. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2002;971:291-3 pubmed
- Rumajogee P, Madeira A, Vergé D, Hamon M, Miquel M. Up-regulation of the neuronal serotoninergic phenotype in vitro: BDNF and cAMP share Trk B-dependent mechanisms. J Neurochem. 2002;83:1525-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that an auto-amplifying mechanism underlies the promoting effect of BDNF on the differentiation of serotoninergic neurones through TrkB activation, which is also triggered by cAMP. ..
- Mouaffak F, Kebir O, Bellon A, Gourevitch R, Tordjman S, Viala A, et al. Association of an UCP4 (SLC25A27) haplotype with ultra-resistant schizophrenia. Pharmacogenomics. 2011;12:185-93 pubmed publisher..Although our sample is of limited size and not representative of schizophrenia as a whole, the association found between the URS group and the UCP4 haplotype is noteworthy as it may influence treatment outcome in schizophrenia. ..
- Falord M, Karimova G, Hiron A, Msadek T. GraXSR proteins interact with the VraFG ABC transporter to form a five-component system required for cationic antimicrobial peptide sensing and resistance in Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:1047-58 pubmed publisher..aureus resistance...
- Rosenfeld N, Bouchier C, Courvalin P, Perichon B. Expression of the resistance-nodulation-cell division pump AdeIJK in Acinetobacter baumannii is regulated by AdeN, a TetR-type regulator. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:2504-10 pubmed publisher..The adeN gene was detected in all of the 30 A. baumannii strains tested and in Acinetobacter calcoaceticus, Acinetobacter nosocomialis, and Acinetobacter pittii...
- Garcia Cattaneo A, Gobert F, Muller M, Toscano F, Flores M, Lescure A, et al. Cleavage of Toll-like receptor 3 by cathepsins B and H is essential for signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:9053-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that TLR3 proteolytic processing is essential for its function, and suggest a mechanism of tight control of TLR3 signaling and thus immunity. ..
- Yoon E, Courvalin P, Grillot Courvalin C. RND-type efflux pumps in multidrug-resistant clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii: major role for AdeABC overexpression and AdeRS mutations. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:2989-95 pubmed publisher..This report outlines the high incidence of AdeABC efflux pump overexpression in MDR A. baumannii as a result of a variety of single mutations in the corresponding two-component regulatory system. ..
- Dumay V, Danchin A, Crasnier M. Regulation of Escherichia coli adenylate cyclase activity during hexose phosphate transport. Microbiology. 1996;142 ( Pt 3):575-83 pubmed..We present data indicating that Glc6P per se or its degradation is unlikely to be responsible for the low cAMP level. It is concluded that the level of cAMP in the cell is determined by the flux of Glc6P through UhpT. ..
- Debrand E, Heard E, Avner P. Cloning and localization of the murine Xpct gene: evidence for complex rearrangements during the evolution of the region around the Xist gene. Genomics. 1998;48:296-303 pubmed..Consequently, the evolution of the region between human and mouse appears to be highly complex, with structural rearrangements involving a region of up to 600 kb or more around the Xist gene. ..
- Bardoux P, Ahloulay M, Le Maout S, Bankir L, Trinh Trang Tan M. Aquaporin-2 and urea transporter-A1 are up-regulated in rats with type I diabetes mellitus. Diabetologia. 2001;44:637-45 pubmed..In addition, the underexpression of UT-A2 and the overexpression of UT-A1 in the initial medullary collecting duct are reminiscent of the changes seen after experimental reduction of urine concentration or low protein feeding. ..
- Verney C, Lebrand C, Gaspar P. Changing distribution of monoaminergic markers in the developing human cerebral cortex with special emphasis on the serotonin transporter. Anat Rec. 2002;267:87-93 pubmed
- Jousselin Hosaja M, Tobin C, Venault P, Joubert C, Chapouthier G. Effects of adrenal medulla graft on recovery of GABAergic and dopaminergic neuron deficits in mice: behavioural, pharmacological and immunohistochemical study. Behav Brain Res. 2003;140:185-93 pubmed..Our results may contribute to the clarification of the beneficial effects of AM transplants in striatal function. ..
- Kalatzis V, Nevo N, Cherqui S, Gasnier B, Antignac C. Molecular pathogenesis of cystinosis: effect of CTNS mutations on the transport activity and subcellular localization of cystinosin. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:1361-71 pubmed..Thus the transport assay could be used as a prognostic tool when novel mutations are identified. ..
- Casrouge A, Zhang S, Eidenschenk C, Jouanguy E, Puel A, Yang K, et al. Herpes simplex virus encephalitis in human UNC-93B deficiency. Science. 2006;314:308-12 pubmed..HSE can result from a single-gene immunodeficiency that does not compromise immunity to most pathogens, unlike most known primary immunodeficiencies. Other severe infectious diseases may also reflect monogenic disorders of immunity. ..
- Thomas S, Encha Razavi F, Devisme L, Etchevers H, Bessieres Grattagliano B, Goudefroye G, et al. High-throughput sequencing of a 4.1?Mb linkage interval reveals FLVCR2 deletions and mutations in lethal cerebral vasculopathy. Hum Mutat. 2010;31:1134-41 pubmed publisher..This is the first lethal disease-causing gene to be identified by comprehensive HTS of an entire linkage interval...
- Sharifi A, Kousi M, Sagne C, Bellenchi G, Morel L, Darmon M, et al. Expression and lysosomal targeting of CLN7, a major facilitator superfamily transporter associated with variant late-infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:4497-514 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data highlight lysosomes as the primary site of action for CLN7, and suggest that the pathophysiology underpinning CLN7-associated vLINCL is a cell-autonomous process. ..
- Turlin E, Debarbouille M, Augustyniak K, Gilles A, Wandersman C. Staphylococcus aureus FepA and FepB proteins drive heme iron utilization in Escherichia coli. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56529 pubmed publisher..Our results show that the function in heme iron extraction is conserved in the two orthologous systems. ..
- Cervini R, Houhou L, Pradat P, Bejanin S, Mallet J, Berrard S. Specific vesicular acetylcholine transporter promoters lie within the first intron of the rat choline acetyltransferase gene. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:24654-7 pubmed..Two VAChT mRNAs are generated from these promoters. These results demonstrate that the promoter regions of these two genes are intermingled, which highlight the unique organization of the ChAT/VAChT gene locus. ..