Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on male in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Publications382 found, 100 shown here
- Samson M, Puechal X, Mouthon L, Devilliers H, Cohen P, Bienvenu B, et al. Microscopic polyangiitis and non-HBV polyarteritis nodosa with poor-prognosis factors: 10-year results of the prospective CHUSPAN trial. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2017;35 Suppl 103:176-184 pubmed..Although the 3-year CHUSPAN trial results indicated the superiority of 12 vs. 6 CYC pulses, that early advantage progressively declined and became non-significant by 10 years. ..
- Carillion A, Feldman S, Na N, Biais M, Carpentier W, Birenbaum A, et al. Atorvastatin reduces ?-Adrenergic dysfunction in rats with diabetic cardiomyopathy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180103 pubmed publisher..This effect is mediated by multiple modifications in expression of proteins in the ?-adrenergic signaling pathway, particularly through the NOS pathway. ..
- Vannucchi A, Verstovsek S, Guglielmelli P, Griesshammer M, Burn T, Naim A, et al. Ruxolitinib reduces JAK2 p.V617F allele burden in patients with polycythemia vera enrolled in the RESPONSE study. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1113-1120 pubmed publisher..V617F allele burden in patients with PV who are resistant to or intolerant of hydroxyurea. The relationship between allele burden changes and clinical outcomes in patients with PV remains unclear. ..
- Vinci G, Buffat C, Simoncini S, Boubred F, Ligi I, Dumont F, et al. Gestational age-related patterns of AMOT methylation are revealed in preterm infant endothelial progenitors. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186321 pubmed publisher..Therefore they pave the way to specific short term and long term complications of preterm birth by altered angiogenesis. ..
- Hunot S, Boissiere F, Faucheux B, Brugg B, Mouatt Prigent A, Agid Y, et al. Nitric oxide synthase and neuronal vulnerability in Parkinson's disease. Neuroscience. 1996;72:355-63 pubmed..However, it cannot be excluded that the presence of glial cells expressing nitric oxide synthase in the substantia nigra of patients with Parkinson's disease represents a consequence of dopaminergic neuronal loss. ..
- Chabriat H, Levy C, Taillia H, Iba Zizen M, Vahedi K, Joutel A, et al. Patterns of MRI lesions in CADASIL. Neurology. 1998;51:452-7 pubmed..The age effect we observed may show an accumulation of lesions with aging during the course of the disease. A prospective study is needed to investigate if the rating of MRI lesions is of prognostic value in CADASIL. ..
- Adib Conquy M, Adrie C, Moine P, Asehnoune K, Fitting C, Pinsky M, et al. NF-kappaB expression in mononuclear cells of patients with sepsis resembles that observed in lipopolysaccharide tolerance. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2000;162:1877-83 pubmed
- Auffret V, Lefevre T, Van Belle E, Eltchaninoff H, Iung B, Koning R, et al. Temporal Trends in Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in France: FRANCE 2 to FRANCE TAVI. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:42-55 pubmed publisher..Registry of Aortic Valve Bioprostheses Established by Catheter [FRANCE TAVI]; NCT01777828). ..
- Casasnovas R, Ysebaert L, Thieblemont C, Bachy E, Feugier P, Delmer A, et al. FDG-PET-driven consolidation strategy in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: final results of a randomized phase 2 study. Blood. 2017;130:1315-1326 pubmed publisher..0001), whatever the consolidation. Superiority of R-ACVBP over R-CHOP14 was not established, as IHP criteria did not properly reflect disease control. ?SUVmax may help better select patients needing an alternative to SIC, including ASCT. ..
- Calmon R, Puget S, Varlet P, Beccaria K, Blauwblomme T, Grevent D, et al. Multimodal Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Treatment-Induced Changes to Diffuse Infiltrating Pontine Gliomas in Children and Correlation to Patient Progression-Free Survival. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;99:476-485 pubmed publisher..High rCBV values following RT should not be mistaken for progression and could be an indicator of response to therapy. ..
- Pourcine F, Dahan K, Mihout F, Cachanado M, Brocheriou I, Debiec H, et al. Prognostic value of PLA2R autoimmunity detected by measurement of anti-PLA2R antibodies combined with detection of PLA2R antigen in membranous nephropathy: A single-centre study over 14 years. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0173201 pubmed publisher..Combination of PLA2R-Ab and PLA2R-Ag increases diagnosis sensitivity. PLA2R-Ab titer is a biomarker of disease severity at initial assessment, and the kinetics of the antibody are significantly correlated to disease evolution. ..
- Jacq O, Arnulf I, Similowski T, Attali V. Upper airway stabilization by osteopathic manipulation of the sphenopalatine ganglion versus sham manipulation in OSAS patients: a proof-of-concept, randomized, crossover, double-blind, controlled study. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:546 pubmed publisher..The study was retrospectively registered in the clinicaltrial.gov registry under reference NCT01193738 on 1st September 2010 (first inclusion May 19, 2010). ..
- Bois E, Célérier C, Belhous K, Maulet M, Leboulanger N, Garabedian N, et al. Velopharyngeal insufficiency managed by autologous fat grafting in patients with aberrant courses of internal carotid arteries. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017;96:135-139 pubmed publisher..AFG of the pharyngeal wall, associated with speech therapy, seems to be a safe procedure for patients with VIP and aberrant ICA's courses. Multiple procedures are possible if needed. ..
- Lindstrom S, Germain M, Crous Bou M, Smith E, Morange P, van Hylckama Vlieg A, et al. Assessing the causal relationship between obesity and venous thromboembolism through a Mendelian Randomization study. Hum Genet. 2017;136:897-902 pubmed publisher..93 per standard deviation increase in BMI, P = 5.8 × 10-6). Our study provides evidence for a causal relationship between high BMI and risk of VTE. Reducing obesity levels will likely result in lower incidence in VTE. ..
- Boudjemline Y, Sizarov A, Malekzadeh Milani S, Mirabile C, Lenoir M, Khraiche D, et al. Safety and Feasibility of the Transcatheter Approach to Create a Reverse Potts Shunt in Children With Idiopathic Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1188-1196 pubmed publisher..TPS creation in children is feasible and results in hemodynamic improvement. Further insights into high-risk markers, such as reduced preprocedural LV function and preload reserves, are important for guiding patient selection. ..
- Battipaglia G, Ruggeri A, Massoud R, El Cheikh J, Jestin M, Antar A, et al. Efficacy and feasibility of sorafenib as a maintenance agent after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3-mutated acute myeloid leukemia. Cancer. 2017;123:2867-2874 pubmed publisher..Further analysis is needed to evaluate the immunomodulating role of sorafenib after HSCT. The data from the current support prospective controlled trials of sorafenib after HSCT. Cancer 2017;123:2867-74. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- Andrade M, Machado V, Jegu M, Farias I, Giarrizzo T. A new species of Tometes Valenciennes 1850 (Characiformes: Serrasalmidae) from Tocantins-Araguaia River Basin based on integrative analysis of molecular and morphological data. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0170053 pubmed publisher..These findings increase the number of formally described species of Tometes to seven. A key to the Tometes species is provided. ..
- Danjou P, Alexandre L, Warot D, Lacomblez L, Puech A. Assessment of erectogenic properties of apomorphine and yohimbine in man. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1988;26:733-9 pubmed..One subject experienced severe anxiety while he was infused with yohimbine. 4. These results are discussed with reference to animal data and to recent studies carried out in impotent patients. ..
- Brisse H, Blanc T, Schleiermacher G, Mosseri V, Philippe Chomette P, Janoueix Lerosey I, et al. Radiogenomics of neuroblastomas: Relationships between imaging phenotypes, tumor genomic profile and survival. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185190 pubmed publisher..0003). The number of IDRFs was significantly higher in MNA NBs (P < .0001). Imaging phenotypes of neuroblastomas, including tumor origin along the sympathetic system, correlate with tumor genomic profile and patient outcome. ..
- Amarenco P, Cohen A, Tzourio C, Bertrand B, Hommel M, Besson G, et al. Atherosclerotic disease of the aortic arch and the risk of ischemic stroke. N Engl J Med. 1994;331:1474-9 pubmed..The association was particularly strong with thick plaques. Atherosclerotic disease of the aortic arch should be regarded as a risk factor for ischemic stroke and as a possible source of cerebral emboli. ..
- Billette de Villemeur T, Gelot A, Deslys J, Dormont D, Duyckaerts C, Jardin L, et al. Iatrogenic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in three growth hormone recipients: a neuropathological study. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 1994;20:111-7 pubmed..They were decorated with a PrP monoclonal antibody, but not with a beta A4 antibody. This last point underlines the similarities between iatrogenic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and kuru. ..
- Chargari C, Haie Meder C, GuÃ©rin F, Minard Colin V, de Lambert G, Mazeron R, et al. Brachytherapy Combined With Surgery for Conservative Treatment of Children With Bladder Neck and/or Prostate Rhabdomyosarcoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2017;98:352-359 pubmed publisher..Longer follow-up is required to ensure that the functional results are maintained over time. ..
- Jebrak G, Burgel P, Caillaud D, Deslee G, Brinchault G, Chanez P, et al. [Changing patterns of medication prescription for COPD patients in France. Impact of long-acting muscarinic antagonists' availability]. Rev Mal Respir. 2017;34:535-543 pubmed publisher..The use of long-acting bronchodilators increased from 68 to 80 % between both periods. Vaccinations and rehabilitation remained insufficiently prescribed. LAMA had been added but did not appear to replace other drugs. ..
- Lescrauwaet B, Miserocchi E, Thurau S, Bodaghi B, Duchateau L, Verstraeten T, et al. Association Between Visual Function Response and Reduction of Inflammation in Noninfectious Uveitis of the Posterior Segment. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3555-3562 pubmed publisher..0009), and overall VFR (OR = 2.65; P < 0.0001). Inflammation reduction to a VH score of 0 or 0.5+ was significantly associated with improved visual function. Achieving a VH response of 0 or 0.5+ is a patient-relevant outcome. ..
- Masson Behar V, Jacquier H, Richette P, Ziza J, Zeller V, Rioux C, et al. Arthritis secondary to meningococcal disease: A case series of 7 patients. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7573 pubmed publisher..Physicians must be vigilant to the different clinical presentations in patients with arthritis associated with invasive meningococcal disease. If immune-mediated arthritis is suspected, NSAIDs are usually efficient. ..
- Turrel O, Goguel V, Preat T. Drosophila Neprilysin 1 Rescues Memory Deficits Caused by Amyloid-β Peptide. J Neurosci. 2017;37:10334-10345 pubmed publisher..These findings raise the possibility that, under nonpathological conditions, mammalian neprilysins degrade amyloid peptide to ensure memory formation. ..
- Badell E, Oeuvray C, Moreno A, Soe S, van Rooijen N, Bouzidi A, et al. Human malaria in immunocompromised mice: an in vivo model to study defense mechanisms against Plasmodium falciparum. J Exp Med. 2000;192:1653-60 pubmed
- Almeida A, Prebet T, Itzykson R, Ramos F, Al Ali H, Shammo J, et al. Clinical Outcomes of 217 Patients with Acute Erythroleukemia According to Treatment Type and Line: A Retrospective Multinational Study. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..HMAs (10.5 vs. 13.7 months; p = 0.564), but patients with high-risk cytogenetics treated with HMA first-line lived longer (7.5 for ICT vs. 13.3 months; p = 0.039). Our results support the therapeutic value of HMA in AEL. ..
- Loeffler J, Obara H, Fujimura N, Bove P, Newton D, Zettervall S, et al. Medical therapy and intervention do not improve uncomplicated isolated mesenteric artery dissection outcomes over observation alone. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:202-208 pubmed publisher..Symptomatic isolated mesenteric artery dissection without evidence of ischemia does not require anticoagulation and may be treated with antiplatelet therapy or observation alone. ..
- Henrotin Y, Berenbaum F, Chevalier X, Marty M, Richette P, Rannou F. Reduction of the Serum Levels of a Specific Biomarker of Cartilage Degradation (Coll2-1) by Hyaluronic Acid (KARTILAGEÂ® CROSS) Compared to Placebo in Painful Knee Osteoarthritis Patients: the EPIKART Study, a Pilot Prospective Comparative Randomized . BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2017;18:222 pubmed publisher..NCT02951585 ; clinicaltrial.gov. Retrospectively registered on October 28, 2016. ..
- Judson M. A new subfamily of Feaellidae (Arachnida, Chelonethi, Feaelloidea) from Southeast Asia. Zootaxa. 2017;4258:1-33 pubmed publisher..The existence of a Cretaceous member of the Pseudogarypidae is noted in the mid-Cretaceous (late Albian?early Cenomanian) of Germany, representing the oldest record of this family. ..
- Lepere V, Vanier A, Loncar Y, Lemoine L, Vaillant J, Monsel A, et al. Risk factors for pulmonary complications after hepatic resection: role of intraoperative hemodynamic instability and hepatic ischemia. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:84 pubmed publisher..That could explain why factors influencing directly or indirectly liver ischemia were independently associated with PPCs. ..
- Tsytsarev V, Arakawa H, Zhao S, Chedotal A, Erzurumlu R. Behavioral Consequences of a Bifacial Map in the Mouse Somatosensory Cortex. J Neurosci. 2017;37:7209-7218 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that contralateral, instead of bilateral, representation of the sensory space plays a critical role in acuity and fine discrimination during somesthesis. ..
- Cladière Nassif V, Bourdet C, Audard V, Babinet A, Anract P, Biau D. Is it safe to preserve the deltoid when resecting the proximal humerus for a primary malignant bone tumour? A comparative study. Bone Joint J. 2017;99-B:1244-1249 pubmed publisher..Cite this article: Bone Joint J 2017;99-B:1244-9. ..
- Sadaghiani S, Ng B, Altmann A, Poline J, Banaschewski T, Bokde A, et al. Overdominant Effect of a CHRNA4 Polymorphism on Cingulo-Opercular Network Activity and Cognitive Control. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9657-9666 pubmed publisher..This gene-brain-behavior relationship informs about the biological basis of interindividual differences in cognitive control. ..
- Benetos A, Laurent S, Hoeks A, Boutouyrie P, Safar M. Arterial alterations with aging and high blood pressure. A noninvasive study of carotid and femoral arteries. Arterioscler Thromb. 1993;13:90-7 pubmed..Mean blood pressure was the second factor of carotid artery alterations: the higher the mean blood pressure, the lower the distensibility of this artery (r = -0.36, p < 0.01).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Pousset F, Kalotka H, Durr A, Isnard R, Lechat P, Le Heuzey J, et al. Parasympathetic activity in Friedrich's ataxia. Am J Cardiol. 1996;78:847-50 pubmed..During nighttime, patients had shorter mean RR and decreased heart rate variability parameters related to parasympathetic activity than healthy subjects, whereas no difference occurred during daytime. ..
- Khen Dunlop N, Beaudoin S, Marion B, Rousseau V, Giuseppi A, Nicloux M, et al. Segmental volvulus in the neonate: A particular clinical entity. J Pediatr Surg. 2017;52:454-457 pubmed publisher..Segmental volvulus occurs mainly prenatally and leads to fetal ultrasound anomalies. This situation, despite a limited length of intestinal loss, is associated to significant postnatal morbidity. Treatment study. Level IV. ..
- Srugo I, Klein A, Stein M, Golan Shany O, Kerem N, Chistyakov I, et al. Validation of a Novel Assay to Distinguish Bacterial and Viral Infections. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Assay was significantly more accurate than CRP, procalcitonin, and routine laboratory parameters. Additional studies are warranted to support its potential to improve antimicrobial treatment decisions. ..
- Brouard C, Boussac Zarebska M, Silvain C, Durand J, de LÃ©dinghen V, Pillonel J, et al. Rapid and large-scale implementation of HCV treatment advances in France, 2007-2015. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:784 pubmed publisher..Successive advances in HCV treatment have been rapidly and widely implemented in France. With the announcement of universal access to DAAs in mid-2016 and price reductions, access to 2nd-wave DAAs is expected to expand even more. ..
- Bromet E, Nock M, Saha S, Lim C, Aguilar Gaxiola S, Al Hamzawi A, et al. Association Between Psychotic Experiences and Subsequent Suicidal Thoughts and Behaviors: A Cross-National Analysis From the World Health Organization World Mental Health Surveys. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74:1136-1144 pubmed publisher..However, it is not known if these associations vary across the life course or if mental disorders contribute to these associations...
- Bodaghi B, Cassoux N, Wechsler B, Hannouche D, Fardeau C, Papo T, et al. Chronic severe uveitis: etiology and visual outcome in 927 patients from a single center. Medicine (Baltimore). 2001;80:263-70 pubmed
- Boulanger Scemama E, Akesbi J, Tick S, Mohand Said S, Sahel J, Audo I. Multimodal imaging and functional correlations identify unusual cases of macular retinal pigment epithelium hypopigmentation occurring without functional loss. Doc Ophthalmol. 2017;135:77-83 pubmed publisher..Macular RPE hypopigmentation should be considered in case of an isolated macular lesion without functional visual impairment or anatomical defect on SD-OCT. ..
- Lingscheid T, Kurth F, Clerinx J, Marocco S, Treviño B, Schunk M, et al. Schistosomiasis in European Travelers and Migrants: Analysis of 14 Years TropNet Surveillance Data. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:567-574 pubmed publisher..Posttravel consultations particularly for returning expatriates are useful given the high potential for detecting asymptomatic infections...
- Heidet L, Moriniere V, Henry C, De Tomasi L, Reilly M, Humbert C, et al. Targeted Exome Sequencing Identifies PBX1 as Involved in Monogenic Congenital Anomalies of the Kidney and Urinary Tract. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2901-2914 pubmed publisher..Targeted exome sequencing also proved to be an efficient and cost-effective strategy to identify pathogenic mutations and deletions in known CAKUT genes. ..
- Dorboz I, Aiello C, Simons C, Stone R, Niceta M, Elmaleh M, et al. Biallelic mutations in the homeodomain of NKX6-2 underlie a severe hypomyelinating leukodystrophy. Brain. 2017;140:2550-2556 pubmed publisher..All exhibited neuroimaging that was consistent with hypomyelination. These findings define a novel, severe form of leukodystrophy caused by impaired NKX6-2 function...
- Abuaf N, Rajoely B, Ghazouani E, Levy D, Pecquet C, Chabane H, et al. Validation of a flow cytometric assay detecting in vitro basophil activation for the diagnosis of muscle relaxant allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999;104:411-8 pubmed..It is currently appraised for the diagnosis of anaphylactic reaction induced by other classes of drugs. ..
- Legras A, Azarine A, Poitier B, Messas E, Le Pimpec Barthes F. Systemic Artery to Pulmonary Vein Fistula After Right Upper Lobectomy Demonstrated by 4-Dimensional Flow Magnetic Resonance Imaging. Ann Thorac Surg. 2017;104:e169-e171 pubmed publisher..Investigations included computed tomographic angiography, arteriography, and four-dimensional flow magnetic resonance imaging. Differential diagnosis and management are discussed. ..
- Rodon P, Hulin C, Pegourie B, Tiab M, Anglaret B, Benboubker L, et al. Phase II study of bendamustine, bortezomib and dexamethasone as second-line treatment for elderly patients with multiple myeloma: the Intergroupe Francophone du Myelome 2009-01 trial. Haematologica. 2015;100:e56-9 pubmed publisher
- Lacourpaille L, Gross R, Hug F, GuÃ©vel A, PÃ©rÃ©on Y, Magot A, et al. Effects of Duchenne muscular dystrophy on muscle stiffness and response to electrically-induced muscle contraction: A 12-month follow-up. Neuromuscul Disord. 2017;27:214-220 pubmed publisher..These sensitive outcomes may improve the follow-up of innovative therapeutic interventions within the field of DMD. ..
- Lasolle H, Cortet C, Castinetti F, Cloix L, Caron P, Delemer B, et al. Temozolomide treatment can improve overall survival in aggressive pituitary tumors and pituitary carcinomas. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;176:769-777 pubmed publisher..Patients in our series showed a 51.2% response rate to TMZ, with an improved survival among responders despite frequent relapses. Our study highlights the high variability and lack of standardization of treatment protocols. ..
- Duconseil P, Perinel J, Autret A, Adham M, Sauvanet A, Chiche L, et al. Resectable invasive IPMN versus sporadic pancreatic adenocarcinoma of the head of the pancreas: Should these two different diseases receive the same treatment? A matched comparison study of the French Surgical Association (AFC). Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1704-1710 pubmed publisher..Adjuvant chemotherapy was efficient in both groups. However, in lymph node negative patients, adjuvant chemotherapy seemed not to have a significant impact. ..
- Périer A, Savey L, Marcelin A, Serve P, Saadoun D, Barete S. De Novo Human Herpesvirus 8 Tumors Induced by Rituximab in Autoimmune or Inflammatory Systemic Diseases. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:2241-2246 pubmed publisher..The safety of RTX, especially in nonlymphomatous disorders, should be carefully evaluated in patients at risk of HHV-8 tumors. ..
- Touraine S, Bouhadoun H, Engelke K, Laredo J, Chappard C. Influence of meniscus on cartilage and subchondral bone features of knees from older individuals: A cadaver study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181956 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an effect of differences in local loading conditions. In subchondral bone uncovered by the meniscus, the trabecular architecture resembles that of highly loaded areas. ..
- Debray M, Marceau A, Dombret M, Bunel V, Leroy S, DeslÃ©e G, et al. Bronchiectasis Complicating Lung Volume Reduction Coil Treatment. Chest. 2017;152:e57-e60 pubmed publisher..We report the case of a patient with emphysema who developed localized bronchiectasis at the site of coil insertion several months after lung volume reduction coil treatment. ..
- Semá Baltazar C, Langa J, Dengo Baloi L, Wood R, Ouédraogo I, Njanpop Lafourcade B, et al. Multi-site cholera surveillance within the African Cholera Surveillance Network shows endemicity in Mozambique, 2011-2015. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005941 pubmed publisher..The African Cholera Surveillance Network (Africhol) was implemented in Mozambique in 2011 to generate accurate detailed surveillance data to support appropriate interventions for cholera control and prevention in the country...
- Munoz C, Carlet J, Fitting C, Misset B, Bleriot J, Cavaillon J. Dysregulation of in vitro cytokine production by monocytes during sepsis. J Clin Invest. 1991;88:1747-54 pubmed
- Issa S, Bondurand N, Faubert E, Poisson S, Lecerf L, Nitschke P, et al. EDNRB mutations cause Waardenburg syndrome type II in the heterozygous state. Hum Mutat. 2017;38:581-593 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we now estimate EDNRB mutations to be responsible for 5%-6% of WS2. ..
- Streit S, Verschoor M, Rodondi N, Bonfim D, Burman R, Collins C, et al. Variation in GP decisions on antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old and frail individuals across 29 countries. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:93 pubmed publisher..Future hypertension trials should also include frail patients to acquire evidence on the efficacy of antihypertensive treatment in oldest-old patients with frailty, with the aim to get evidence-based data for clinical decision-making. ..
- van der Heijde D, Dougados M, LandewÃ© R, Sieper J, Maksymowych W, Rudwaleit M, et al. Sustained efficacy, safety and patient-reported outcomes of certolizumab pegol in axial spondyloarthritis: 4-year outcomes from RAPID-axSpA. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:1498-1509 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov, http://clinicaltrials.gov, NCT01087762. ..
- Peyre H, Hoertel N, Stordeur C, Lebeau G, Blanco C, McMahon K, et al. Contributing Factors and Mental Health Outcomes of First Suicide Attempt During Childhood and Adolescence: Results From a Nationally Representative Study. J Clin Psychiatry. 2017;78:e622-e630 pubmed publisher..Preventing childhood maltreatment and early intervention for psychiatric disorders may have broad benefits to reduce not only the suffering of these children and adolescents, but also the burden of suicide. ..
- Davies M, Saiag P, Robert C, Grob J, Flaherty K, Arance A, et al. Dabrafenib plus trametinib in patients with BRAFV600-mutant melanoma brain metastases (COMBI-MB): a multicentre, multicohort, open-label, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:863-873 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence of clinical benefit with dabrafenib plus trametinib and support the need for additional research to further improve outcomes in patients with melanoma brain metastases. Novartis. ..
- Dutrillaux A, Dutrillaux B. Evolution of the Sex Chromosomes in Beetles. I. The Loss of the Y Chromosome. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2017;152:97-104 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, following Y chromosome loss, various strategies using nucleolar proteins have been developed to facilitate the migration of the unique X at meiotic anaphase I. ..
- Fonteneau L, Jourdan Da Silva N, Fabre L, Ashton P, Torpdahl M, Muller L, et al. Multinational outbreak of travel-related Salmonella Chester infections in Europe, summers 2014 and 2015. Euro Surveill. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..This European-wide outbreak associated with travel to Morocco was likely a multi-source outbreak with several food vehicles contaminated by multidrug-resistant S. Chester strains. ..
- Ruggiu M, Cuccuini W, Mokhtari K, Meignin V, Peffault De Latour R, Robin M, et al. Case report: Central nervous system involvement of human graft versus host disease: Report of 7 cases and a review of literature. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e8303 pubmed publisher..Chronic CNS GvHD symptoms are heterogeneous and include cerebrovascular manifestations, demyelinating disease and immune-mediated encephalitis. CNS-Acute GvHD is not formally defined in literature...
- Bolkan S, Stujenske J, Parnaudeau S, Spellman T, Rauffenbart C, Abbas A, et al. Thalamic projections sustain prefrontal activity during working memory maintenance. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:987-996 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a role for MD in sustaining prefrontal activity during working memory maintenance. Consistent with this idea, we found that enhancing MD excitability was sufficient to enhance task performance. ..
- Barbier F, Ruppe E, Giakkoupi P, Wildenberg L, Lucet J, Vatopoulos A, et al. Genesis of a KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae after in vivo transfer from an imported Greek strain. Euro Surveill. 2010;15: pubmed..pneumoniae in a French patient after his repatriation from Greece. This first report of an emerging KPC-producing strain in France raises further concerns about the spread of carbapenem resistance among Enterobacteriaceae. ..
- Asfar P, Schortgen F, BoisramÃ© Helms J, Charpentier J, GuÃ©rot E, Megarbane B, et al. Hyperoxia and hypertonic saline in patients with septic shock (HYPERS2S): a two-by-two factorial, multicentre, randomised, clinical trial. Lancet Respir Med. 2017;5:180-190 pubmed publisher..In patients with septic shock, setting FiO2 to 1Â·0 to induce arterial hyperoxia might increase the risk of mortality. Hypertonic (3%) saline did not improve survival. The French Ministry of Health. ..
- Maione L, Brue T, Beckers A, Delemer B, Petrossians P, Borson Chazot F, et al. Changes in the management and comorbidities of acromegaly over three decades: the French Acromegaly Registry. Eur J Endocrinol. 2017;176:645-655 pubmed publisher..The incidence of comorbidities following diagnosis of acromegaly is very low. Life expectancy is now close to that of the general population, probably owing to better management of the GH/IGF-I excess and comorbidities. ..
- Gerschenfeld G, Muresan I, Blanc R, Obadia M, Abrivard M, Piotin M, et al. Two Paradigms for Endovascular Thrombectomy After Intravenous Thrombolysis for Acute Ischemic Stroke. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:549-556 pubmed publisher..63). This study found that patients treated under the drip-and-ship paradigm also benefit from bridging therapy, with no statistically significant difference compared with those treated directly in a comprehensive stroke center. ..
- Lerat H, Imache M, Polyte J, Gaudin A, Mercey M, Donati F, et al. Hepatitis C virus induces a prediabetic state by directly impairing hepatic glucose metabolism in mice. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:12860-12873 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we observed a complete set of events leading to a prediabetic state in HCV-transgenic mice, providing a valuable mechanistic explanation for HCV-induced diabetes in humans. ..
- Dondo T, Hall M, West R, Jernberg T, Lindahl B, Bueno H, et al. β-Blockers and Mortality After Acute Myocardial Infarction in Patients Without Heart Failure or Ventricular Dysfunction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2710-2720 pubmed publisher..Blocker Use and Mortality in Hospital Survivors of Acute Myocardial Infarction Without Heart Failure; NCT02786654). ..
- Viallard J, Brion J, Malphettes M, Durieu I, Gardembas M, Schleinitz N, et al. A multicentre, prospective, non-randomized, sequential, open-label trial to demonstrate the bioequivalence between intravenous immunoglobulin new generation (IGNG) and standard IV immunoglobulin (IVIG) in adult patients with primary immunodeficiency . Rev Med Interne. 2017;38:578-584 pubmed publisher..ClairYg® pharmacokinetics profile was comparable to that of TEGELINE®. ClairYg® is safe and effective in the treatment of adult PID. ..
- Martins J, Elvas F, Brudzewsky D, Martins T, Kolomiets B, TralhÃ£o P, et al. Activation of Neuropeptide Y Receptors Modulates Retinal Ganglion Cell Physiology and Exerts Neuroprotective Actions In Vitro. ASN Neuro. 2015;7: pubmed publisher..However, further studies are needed to evaluate whether NPY neuroprotective actions detected in retinal explants can be translated into animal models of retinal degenerative diseases. ..
- Bonnet D, Berger F, Jokinen E, Kantor P, Daubeney P. Ivabradine in Children With Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Symptomatic Chronic Heart Failure. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1262-1272 pubmed publisher..Determination of the efficacious and safe dose of ivabradine in paediatric patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and symptomatic chronic heart failure from ages 6 months to 18 years; ISRCTN60567801). ..
- Blacher J, Staessen J, Girerd X, Gasowski J, Thijs L, Liu L, et al. Pulse pressure not mean pressure determines cardiovascular risk in older hypertensive patients. Arch Intern Med. 2000;160:1085-9 pubmed
- Launay P, Grossetête B, Arcos Fajardo M, Gaudin E, Torres S, Beaudoin L, et al. Fcalpha receptor (CD89) mediates the development of immunoglobulin A (IgA) nephropathy (Berger's disease). Evidence for pathogenic soluble receptor-Iga complexes in patients and CD89 transgenic mice. J Exp Med. 2000;191:1999-2009 pubmed..Depletion of soluble CD89 from serum abolished this effect. These results reveal the key role of soluble CD89 in the pathogenesis of IgAN and provide an in vivo model that will be useful for developing new treatments. ..
- Mathon B, Navarro V, Bielle F, Nguyen Michel V, Carpentier A, Baulac M, et al. Complications After Surgery for Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy Associated with Hippocampal Sclerosis. World Neurosurg. 2017;102:639-650.e2 pubmed publisher..Complications tend to be temporary with symptoms of limited duration for surgery performed by experienced teams on carefully selected and evaluated patients. ..
- Grellety E, Babakazo P, Bangana A, Mwamba G, Lezama I, Zagré N, et al. Effects of unconditional cash transfers on the outcome of treatment for severe acute malnutrition (SAM): a cluster-randomised trial in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. BMC Med. 2017;15:87 pubmed publisher..Household developmental support is critical in food insecure areas to maximise the efficiency of SAM treatment programs. ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT02460848 . Registered on 27 May 2015. ..
- Sardar E, Dusser P, Rousseau A, Bodaghi B, Labetoulle M, Kone Paut I. Retrospective Study Evaluating Treatment Decisions and Outcomes of Childhood Uveitis Not Associated with Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. J Pediatr. 2017;186:131-137.e1 pubmed publisher..This study underlines the need for earlier and more aggressive treatment and antitumor necrosis factor-α therapy was rapidly efficient in most cases of refractory uveitis. ..