Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Publications1527 found, 100 shown here
- Iung B, Vahanian A. Valvular heart diseases in elderly people. Lancet. 2006;368:969-71 pubmed
- Bahi Buisson N, Kaminska A, Boddaert N, Rio M, Afenjar A, Gerard M, et al. The three stages of epilepsy in patients with CDKL5 mutations. Epilepsia. 2008;49:1027-37 pubmed publisher..So far, the electroclinical phenotype remains largely unknown and no clear genotype-phenotype correlations have been established...
- Asnafi V, Buzyn A, Le Noir S, Baleydier F, Simon A, Beldjord K, et al. NOTCH1/FBXW7 mutation identifies a large subgroup with favorable outcome in adult T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL): a Group for Research on Adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (GRAALL) study. Blood. 2009;113:3918-24 pubmed publisher..01, respectively). These data demonstrate that NOTCH1 pathway activation by either NOTCH1 or FBXW7 mutation identifies a large group of patients with a favorable outcome that could justify individual therapeutic stratification for T-ALL. ..
- Matta M, Gousseff M, Monsel F, Poyart C, Diebold B, Podglajen I, et al. First case of Streptococcus oligofermentans endocarditis determined based on sodA gene sequences after amplification directly from valvular samples. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:855-6 pubmed publisher..It was responsible for the endocarditis and left forearm abscess of a 43-year-old woman. Identification was made using molecular techniques performed directly from valvular and surgical samples. ..
- d Aldebert E, Biyeyeme Bi Mve M, Mergey M, Wendum D, Firrincieli D, Coilly A, et al. Bile salts control the antimicrobial peptide cathelicidin through nuclear receptors in the human biliary epithelium. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1435-43 pubmed publisher..Here, we hypothesized that bile salts may stimulate the expression of a major antimicrobial peptide, cathelicidin, through nuclear receptors in the biliary epithelium...
- Meynard J, Bouteloup V, Landman R, Bonnard P, Baillat V, Cabie A, et al. Lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy versus current treatment continuation for maintenance therapy of HIV-1 infection: the KALESOLO trial. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:2436-44 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, the incidence of virological failure was low (mostly with HIV-1 RNA <400 copies/mL) and easily managed by treatment intensification. ..
- Wipff J, Adamsbaum C, Kahan A, Job Deslandre C. Chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis. Joint Bone Spine. 2011;78:555-60 pubmed publisher..Although CRMO is considered a benign disease, recent data suggest an up to 50% rate of residual impairments despite optimal management. ..
- Gharbi M, Quenel P, Gustave J, Cassadou S, La Ruche G, Girdary L, et al. Time series analysis of dengue incidence in Guadeloupe, French West Indies: forecasting models using climate variables as predictors. BMC Infect Dis. 2011;11:166 pubmed publisher..This approach which is practicable for a surveillance system has public health implications in helping the prediction of dengue epidemic and therefore the timely appropriate and efficient implementation of prevention activities. ..
- Bille E, Dauphin B, Leto J, Bougnoux M, Beretti J, Lotz A, et al. MALDI-TOF MS Andromas strategy for the routine identification of bacteria, mycobacteria, yeasts, Aspergillus spp. and positive blood cultures. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2012;18:1117-25 pubmed publisher..8% for yeasts (160/162) and 98.4% (63/64) for Aspergillus spp. In conclusion, the MALDI-TOF MS strategy used in this work allows a rapid and efficient identification of all microorganisms isolated routinely. ..
- Choukem S, Sobngwi E, Boudou P, Fetita L, Porcher R, Ibrahim F, et al. ?- and ?-cell dysfunctions in africans with ketosis-prone atypical diabetes during near-normoglycemic remission. Diabetes Care. 2013;36:118-23 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ?- and ?-cell dysfunctions both contribute to the pathophysiology of KPD. ..
- Bidard F, Fehm T, Ignatiadis M, Smerage J, Alix Panabières C, Janni W, et al. Clinical application of circulating tumor cells in breast cancer: overview of the current interventional trials. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2013;32:179-88 pubmed publisher..These trials have different designs in various patient populations but are expected to be the pivotal trials for CTC implementation in the routine management of breast cancer patients. ..
- Girard M, Picot V, Longuet C, Nabel G. Report of the Cent Gardes HIV Vaccine Conference: The B-cell Response to HIV. Part 1: Broadly Neutralizing Antibodies Fondation Mérieux Conference Center, Veyrier du Lac, France, 5-7 November 2012. Vaccine. 2013;31:2979-83 pubmed publisher..For this reason, innovative approaches are under investigation, including their production in the body through a gene delivery approach, vector immunoprophylaxis. ..
- Ishida S, Picard F, Rudolf G, NOE E, Achaz G, Thomas P, et al. Mutations of DEPDC5 cause autosomal dominant focal epilepsies. Nat Genet. 2013;45:552-5 pubmed publisher..The implication of a DEP (Dishevelled, Egl-10 and Pleckstrin) domain-containing protein that may be involved in membrane trafficking and/or G protein signaling opens new avenues for research. ..
- Poissonnier C, Teissier M. The role of the OIE in information exchange and the control of animal diseases, including zoonoses. Rev Sci Tech. 2013;32:447-57, 433-45 pubmed
- Degos B, Nadjar Y, Amador M, Lamari F, Sedel F, Roze E, et al. Natural history of cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis: a paediatric disease diagnosed in adulthood. Orphanet J Rare Dis. 2016;11:41 pubmed publisher..The median age at diagnosis was 24.5 years old. It appears critical to raise awareness about CTX among paediatricians in order to initiate treatment before irreversible damage occurs. ..
- Legay C, Mei L. Moving forward with the neuromuscular junction. J Neurochem. 2017;142 Suppl 2:59-63 pubmed publisher..All these data are raising new and exciting perspectives in the field and are discussed in this Review. This is an article for the special issue XVth International Symposium on Cholinergic Mechanisms. ..
- Désert R, Rohart F, Canal F, Sicard M, Desille M, Renaud S, et al. Human hepatocellular carcinomas with a periportal phenotype have the lowest potential for early recurrence after curative resection. Hepatology. 2017;66:1502-1518 pubmed publisher..Among all HCCs, periportal-type tumors have the lowest intrinsic potential for early recurrence after curative resection. (Hepatology 2017;66:1502-1518). ..
- de Swart L, Smith A, MacKenzie M, Symeonidis A, Neukirchen J, Mikulenkova D, et al. Cytomorphology review of 100 newly diagnosed lower-risk MDS patients in the European LeukemiaNet MDS (EUMDS) registry reveals a high inter-observer concordance. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1105-1112 pubmed publisher..Our data show that in general, the inter-observer agreement was high and a very low percentage of misdiagnosed cases had been entered into the EUMDS registry. Further studies including histomorphology are warranted. ..
- Alhaj Hussen K, Vu Manh T, Guimiot F, Nelson E, Chabaane E, Delord M, et al. Molecular and Functional Characterization of Lymphoid Progenitor Subsets Reveals a Bipartite Architecture of Human Lymphopoiesis. Immunity. 2017;47:680-696.e8 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we propose a "two-family" model of human lymphoid development that differs from the prevailing model of hematopoiesis. ..
- Hentzen D, Pelet A, Feldman D, Rabier D, Berthelot J, Munnich A. Fatal hyperammonemia resulting from a C-to-T mutation at a MspI site of the ornithine transcarbamylase gene. Hum Genet. 1991;88:153-6 pubmed..8-kb abnormal fragment should be investigated on Southern blots of affected individuals. ..
- Grillot Courvalin C, Goussard S, Huetz F, Ojcius D, Courvalin P. Functional gene transfer from intracellular bacteria to mammalian cells. Nat Biotechnol. 1998;16:862-6 pubmed..Expression of the acquired genes occurs in both dividing and quiescent cells. The only requirement for bacteria to transfer genetic material into nonprofessional phagocytic cells and macrophages is the ability to invade the host cell. ..
- Goutieres F, Aicardi J, Barth P, Lebon P. Aicardi-Goutières syndrome: an update and results of interferon-alpha studies. Ann Neurol. 1998;44:900-7 pubmed..This study supports an autosomal recessive inheritance for this syndrome. The high level of interferon-alpha is not explained but may play a role in the pathogenesis of the disorder. ..
- Tilloy F, Treiner E, Park S, Garcia C, Lemonnier F, De La Salle H, et al. An invariant T cell receptor alpha chain defines a novel TAP-independent major histocompatibility complex class Ib-restricted alpha/beta T cell subpopulation in mammals. J Exp Med. 1999;189:1907-21 pubmed..The conservation between mammalian species, the abundance, and the unique selection pattern suggest an important role for cells using this novel canonical TCR alpha chain. ..
- Ureta Vidal A, Pique C, Garcia Z, Dehee A, Tortevoye P, Desire N, et al. Human T cell leukemia virus Type I (HTLV-I) infection induces greater expansions of CD8 T lymphocytes in persons with HTLV-I-associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis than in asymptomatic carriers. J Infect Dis. 2001;183:857-64 pubmed..Patients with HAM/TSP had significantly higher CD8 cell expansions than did asymptomatic carriers. These results highlight the prognostic value of measuring CD8 T cell expansions during follow-up of HTLV-I infection...
- Pène F, Claessens Y, Muller O, Viguie F, Mayeux P, Dreyfus F, et al. Role of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt and mTOR/P70S6-kinase pathways in the proliferation and apoptosis in multiple myeloma. Oncogene. 2002;21:6587-97 pubmed..Moreover, constitutive activation of this pathway is a frequent event in the biology of MM in vivo and may be more frequently observed in PCL. ..
- Loirat D, Mancini Bourgine M, Abastado J, Michel M. HBsAg/HLA-A2 transgenic mice: a model for T cell tolerance to hepatitis B surface antigen in chronic hepatitis B virus infection. Int Immunol. 2003;15:1125-36 pubmed..This model provides evidence that HBsAg displayed a strong tolerogenic effect on the CD4(+) T cell compartment that is associated with a defect in CD8(+) T cell effector functions in vivo. ..
- Grosse S, Aron Y, Honoré I, Thévenot G, Danel C, Roche A, et al. Lactosylated polyethylenimine for gene transfer into airway epithelial cells: role of the sugar moiety in cell delivery and intracellular trafficking of the complexes. J Gene Med. 2004;6:345-56 pubmed..However, the lactose residues substituting the PEI did not promote the entry of the plasmid into the nucleus. ..
- Menasche G, Feldmann J, Fischer A, De Saint Basile G. Primary hemophagocytic syndromes point to a direct link between lymphocyte cytotoxicity and homeostasis. Immunol Rev. 2005;203:165-79 pubmed..This review focuses on several effectors of this secretory pathway, recently identified, because their defects cause these disorders, and discusses their role and molecular interactions in granule-dependent cytotoxic activity. ..
- Denoeud L, Fievet N, Aubouy A, Ayemonna P, Kiniffo R, Massougbodji A, et al. Is chloroquine chemoprophylaxis still effective to prevent low birth weight? Results of a study in Benin. Malar J. 2007;6:27 pubmed..Despite high parasite resistance and limited effect on placental malaria, a CQ chemoprophylaxis taken at adequate doses showed to be still effective in reducing LBW in Benin. ..
- Thabut D, Massard J, Gangloff A, Carbonell N, Francoz C, Nguyen Khac E, et al. Model for end-stage liver disease score and systemic inflammatory response are major prognostic factors in patients with cirrhosis and acute functional renal failure. Hepatology. 2007;46:1872-82 pubmed..This suggests that preventing and treating SIRS could decrease mortality in patients with cirrhosis and acute renal failure. ..
- Lacaille F, Vass N, Sauvat F, Canioni D, Colomb V, Talbotec C, et al. Long-term outcome, growth and digestive function in children 2 to 18 years after intestinal transplantation. Gut. 2008;57:455-61 pubmed..Subnormal energy absorption and moderate steatorrhoea were often compensated for by hyperphagia, allowing normal growth and attainment of adult height. Long-term compliance is an important pre-requisite for long-term graft function. ..
- Datin Dorriere V, Rouzies S, Taupin P, Walter Nicolet E, Benachi A, Sonigo P, et al. Prenatal prognosis in isolated congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008;198:80.e1-5 pubmed publisher..No prenatal factor alone firmly predicts neonatal outcome. Clinicians should help stratify the severity of the disease and compare accurately different postnatal therapeutic strategies. ..
- Roche N, Zureik M, Soussan D, Neukirch F, Perrotin D. Predictors of outcomes in COPD exacerbation cases presenting to the emergency department. Eur Respir J. 2008;32:953-61 pubmed publisher..Their use needs to be prospectively validated. ..
- Berdot S, Bertrand M, Dartigues J, Fourrier A, Tavernier B, Ritchie K, et al. Inappropriate medication use and risk of falls--a prospective study in a large community-dwelling elderly cohort. BMC Geriatr. 2009;9:30 pubmed publisher..This increase was mainly due to long-acting benzodiazepines and other inappropriate psychotropics, and to medications with anticholinergic properties. ..
- Lila N, McGregor C, Carpentier S, Rancic J, Byrne G, Carpentier A. Gal knockout pig pericardium: new source of material for heart valve bioprostheses. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2010;29:538-43 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that GT-KO pig pericardium could be beneficial as a new source of material for heart valve bioprostheses. ..
- Enard D, Depaulis F, Roest Crollius H. Human and non-human primate genomes share hotspots of positive selection. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000840 pubmed publisher..The identification of positive selection in humans alongside other primates is a powerful tool to outline those genes that were selected uniquely during recent human evolution. ..
- Miraoui H, Marie P. Pivotal role of Twist in skeletal biology and pathology. Gene. 2010;468:1-7 pubmed publisher..These studies provide mechanisms by which Twist1 plays a pivotal role in skeletal cell fate in normal and pathologic conditions, which may offer therapeutic perspectives in conditions where mesenchymal cell behaviour is compromised. ..
- Tresset A, Vigne J. Last hunter-gatherers and first farmers of Europe. C R Biol. 2011;334:182-9 pubmed publisher..In many respects, it set the foundations of long-term European peasantry developments and prefigured later agropastoral colonizations. As such, it must be seen as a major turning point in the history of European populations. ..
- Avouac J, Cagnard N, Distler J, Schoindre Y, Ruiz B, Couraud P, et al. Insights into the pathogenesis of systemic sclerosis based on the gene expression profile of progenitor-derived endothelial cells. Arthritis Rheum. 2011;63:3552-62 pubmed publisher..Differential expression in lesional SSc skin tissue of new targets, such as TNF family members and HOX-A9, may contribute to the pathogenesis of SSc and deserves more in-depth exploration. ..
- Hivroz C, Chemin K, Tourret M, Bohineust A. Crosstalk between T lymphocytes and dendritic cells. Crit Rev Immunol. 2012;32:139-55 pubmed..Here we discuss the particular aspects of immunological synapses formed between T cells and DCs and the role these organized interactions have in T-cell-DC crosstalk. ..
- Silvent J, Sire J, Delgado S. The dentin matrix acidic phosphoprotein 1 (DMP1) in the light of mammalian evolution. J Mol Evol. 2013;76:59-70 pubmed publisher..In the near future, functional studies could be performed to understand the role played by them. ..
- Oustric V, Manceau H, Ducamp S, Soaid R, Karim Z, Schmitt C, et al. Antisense oligonucleotide-based therapy in human erythropoietic protoporphyria. Am J Hum Genet. 2014;94:611-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, EPP is a paradigmatic Mendelian disease in which the in vivo correction of a common single splicing defect would improve the condition of most affected individuals. ..
- Bardot B, Toledo F. Mdm4: don't judge an isoform by its mRNA levels!. Aging (Albany NY). 2015;7:744-5 pubmed
- Tran L, Basdevant N, PrÃ©vost C, Ha Duong T. Structure of ring-shaped AÎ²â‚„â‚‚ oligomers determined by conformational selection. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21429 pubmed publisher..In addition to high resolution models of these oligomers, this study provides support for the conformational selection mechanism of AÎ² peptide self-assembly. ..
- Jones A, Porcheron A, Sweda J, Morizot F, Russell R. Coloration in different areas of facial skin is a cue to health: The role of cheek redness and periorbital luminance in health perception. Body Image. 2016;17:57-66 pubmed publisher..These findings show that color variation in facial skin is a cue for health perception in female faces. ..
- Dachet C, Poirier O, Cambien F, Chapman J, Rouis M. New functional promoter polymorphism, CETP/-629, in cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) gene related to CETP mass and high density lipoprotein cholesterol levels: role of Sp1/Sp3 in transcriptional regulation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:507-15 pubmed..These results indicate that Sp1 and/or Sp3 repress CETP promoter activity, whereas nuclear factors binding the C allele are without effect on promoter expression. ..
- Cottias P, Jeanrot C, Vinh T, Tomeno B, Anract P. Complications and functional evaluation of 17 saddle prostheses for resection of periacetabular tumors. J Surg Oncol. 2001;78:90-100 pubmed
- Kontush A, de Faria E, Chantepie S, Chapman M. Antioxidative activity of HDL particle subspecies is impaired in hyperalphalipoproteinemia: relevance of enzymatic and physicochemical properties. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:526-33 pubmed..5-fold) in HALP and negatively correlated with sAA (as TBARS). Intrinsic antioxidative activity of HDL subspecies is impaired in HALP, reflecting altered enzymatic and physicochemical properties. ..
- Beaugerie L, Pardi D. Review article: drug-induced microscopic colitis - proposal for a scoring system and review of the literature. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2005;22:277-84 pubmed..Finally, we suggest how to treat individual patients suspected of having drug-induced colitis according to the level of evidence for that particular drug. ..
- Garderet L, Santacruz R, Barbu V, Van den Akker J, Carbonne B, Gorin N. Two successful pregnancies in a chronic myeloid leukemia patient treated with imatinib. Haematologica. 2007;92:e9-10 pubmed..The mother was in complete molecular remission, relapsed during pregnancy and reverted to remission in both cases after delivery. ..
- Stern J, Pean Y, Girard P, Kitzis M, Caliandro R, Grima R, et al. [Pleural diffusion of amoxicillin 1 and vancomycin in patients treated for post-surgical empyema]. Rev Mal Respir. 2007;24:853-8 pubmed..Data in human on the diffusion of antibiotics in pleural cavity after post surgical empyema are lacking...
- Corvol H, Boelle P, Brouard J, Knauer N, Chadelat K, Henrion Caude A, et al. Genetic variations in inflammatory mediators influence lung disease progression in cystic fibrosis. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2008;43:1224-32 pubmed publisher..These findings support the concept that TGFB1 gene variants appear to be important genetic modifiers of lung disease progression in CF. ..
- Cochen De Cock V, Abouda M, Leu S, Oudiette D, Roze E, Vidailhet M, et al. Is obstructive sleep apnea a problem in Parkinson's disease?. Sleep Med. 2010;11:247-52 pubmed publisher..Upper airway dysfunction in PD may promote obstructive sleep apnea. However, the frequency and clinical relevance of sleep-disordered breathing in PD remains unclear...
- Dortet L, Ploy M, Poyart C, Raymond J. Emergence of Streptococcus pneumoniae of serotype 19A in France: molecular capsular serotyping, antimicrobial susceptibilities, and epidemiology. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2009;65:49-57 pubmed publisher..2%) and erythromycin (4.5%), followed by serotypes 19F and 14. We confirm the predominance of serotype 19A among S. pneumoniae responsible for invasive and noninvasive diseases either in children or adults in France. ..
- Wang Y. [Enlightenment and thinking on deqi (arrival of needling sensation) by abdominal acupuncture]. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2011;31:183-5 pubmed
- Pareyson D, Fratta P, Pradat P, SorarÃ¹ G, Finsterer J, Vissing J, et al. Towards a European Registry and Biorepository for Patients with Spinal and Bulbar Muscular Atrophy. J Mol Neurosci. 2016;58:394-400 pubmed publisher..We also aim at developing harmonized and coordinated biorepositories. The experience obtained during the last years in the field of other neuromuscular disorders and of Huntington disease offers valuable precedents. ..
- Freynet O, Marchal Sommé J, Jean Louis F, Mailleux A, Crestani B, Soler P, et al. Human lung fibroblasts may modulate dendritic cell phenotype and function: results from a pilot in vitro study. Respir Res. 2016;17:36 pubmed publisher..This suggests that pulmonary fibroblasts might sustain chronic inflammation in the fibrotic lung by maintaining in situ a pool of immature DCs. ..
- Boulechfar S, Da Silva V, Deybach J, Nordmann Y, Grandchamp B, De Verneuil H. Heterogeneity of mutations in the uroporphyrinogen III synthase gene in congenital erythropoietic porphyria. Hum Genet. 1992;88:320-4 pubmed..One mutation (C73R), however, appears to be more frequent than the others. Finally, the different normal and mutated proteins have been expressed in Escherichia coli to determine the consequence of the mutations on the enzyme activity. ..
- Pasquier M, Vatier J, Poitevin C, Vallot T, Mignon M. Assessment of mucus glycoprotein erosion by measurement of sialic acid in gastric secretions: pathophysiologic and therapeutic aspects. J Clin Gastroenterol. 1991;13 Suppl 1:S22-31 pubmed..Combination of both methods should allow further determination of the mucus protective role, simultaneously investigating the adherent mucus quality and eroded GPs...
- Altare F, Lammas D, Revy P, Jouanguy E, Doffinger R, Lamhamedi S, et al. Inherited interleukin 12 deficiency in a child with bacille Calmette-Guérin and Salmonella enteritidis disseminated infection. J Clin Invest. 1998;102:2035-40 pubmed..This is the first discovered human disease resulting from a cytokine gene defect. It suggests that IL-12 is essential to and appears specific for protective immunity to intracellular bacteria such as mycobacteria and salmonella. ..
- Stumptner Cuvelette P, Morchoisne S, Dugast M, Le Gall S, Raposo G, Schwartz O, et al. HIV-1 Nef impairs MHC class II antigen presentation and surface expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12144-9 pubmed..Cooperation between those mechanisms may enable Nef to efficiently inhibit MHC II function. ..
- Trigui W, Le Pimpec Barthes F, Shaker W, Lang Lazdunski L, Riquet M. Simultaneous bronchopleural and esophagopleural fistulas after pneumonectomy. Ann Thorac Surg. 2002;74:923-4 pubmed..Endoscopic examination performed 1 month after surgery showed complete closure of both fistulas and 9 months after surgery the patient was eating and gaining weight. The patient's death was due to aspiration pneumonia of another origin. ..
- Pan Y, Cohen I, Guillerault F, Feve B, Girard J, Prip Buus C. The extreme C terminus of rat liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase I is not involved in malonyl-CoA sensitivity but in initial protein folding. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:47184-9 pubmed
- Djouadi F, Aubey F, Schlemmer D, Ruiter J, Wanders R, Strauss A, et al. Bezafibrate increases very-long-chain acyl-CoA dehydrogenase protein and mRNA expression in deficient fibroblasts and is a potential therapy for fatty acid oxidation disorders. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:2695-703 pubmed
- Soufir N, Meziani R, Lacapere J, Bertrand G, Fumeron F, Bourillon A, et al. Association between endothelin receptor B nonsynonymous variants and melanoma risk. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2005;97:1297-301 pubmed..9, 95% CI = 1.34 to 296.2; P = .03). Our data strongly suggest that EDNRB is involved in predisposition for two different multigenic disorders, HSCR and melanoma. ..
- Nonnenmacher M, Salmon J, Jacob Y, Orth G, Breitburd F. Cottontail rabbit papillomavirus E8 protein is essential for wart formation and provides new insights into viral pathogenesis. J Virol. 2006;80:4890-900 pubmed publisher..Our data identify CRPV E8 as a key player in papilloma induction and unravel novel cellular targets for inducing the proliferation of keratinocytes...
- Chapgier A, Boisson Dupuis S, Jouanguy E, Vogt G, Feinberg J, Prochnicka Chalufour A, et al. Novel STAT1 alleles in otherwise healthy patients with mycobacterial disease. PLoS Genet. 2006;2:e131 pubmed..These STAT1 alleles define two forms of dominant STAT1 deficiency, depending on whether the mutations impair STAT1 phosphorylation or DNA binding. ..
- Lehmann Che J, Renault N, Giron M, Roingeard P, Clave E, Tobaly Tapiero J, et al. Centrosomal latency of incoming foamy viruses in resting cells. PLoS Pathog. 2007;3:e74 pubmed..Incoming foamy retroviruses can stably persist at the centrosome, awaiting cell stimulation to initiate capsid cleavage, nuclear import, and viral gene expression...
- Leroy B, Fournier J, Ishioka C, Monti P, Inga A, Fronza G, et al. The TP53 website: an integrative resource centre for the TP53 mutation database and TP53 mutant analysis. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:D962-9 pubmed publisher..For several hot spot mutants, multiple gain of function activities are also included. The database can be easily browsed via a graphical user interface. ..
- Kasenda B, Ferreri A, Marturano E, Forst D, Bromberg J, Ghesquieres H, et al. First-line treatment and outcome of elderly patients with primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL)--a systematic review and individual patient data meta-analysis. Ann Oncol. 2015;26:1305-13 pubmed publisher..More aggressive HD-MTX protocols do not seem to improve outcome. WBRT may improve outcome, but is associated with increased risk for neurological side-effects. Prospective trials for elderly PCNSL patients are warranted. ..
- Baudard M, Pastan I, Gottesman M. Transfer of the MDR1 gene into haematopoietic cells. Eur J Cancer. 1996;32A:1019-23 pubmed
- Daïkha Dahmane F, Dommergues M, Narcy F, Gubler M, Dumez Y, Gauthier E, et al. Congenital erythropoietic porphyria: prenatal diagnosis and autopsy findings in two sibling fetuses. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2001;4:180-4 pubmed..The autopsy showed brown skin, and at histological examination, porphyrin pigment was deposited in many tissues. Retrospectively, similar deposits were found in the tissues of the first fetus. ..
- Combadiere B, Boissonnas A, Carcelain G, Lefranc E, Samri A, Bricaire F, et al. Distinct time effects of vaccination on long-term proliferative and IFN-gamma-producing T cell memory to smallpox in humans. J Exp Med. 2004;199:1585-93 pubmed..Such long-term maintenance of vaccinia-specific immune memory in the absence of smallpox virus modifies our understanding of the mechanism of persistence of long-term memory to poxviruses and challenges vaccination strategies. ..
- Astorg P, Arnault N, Czernichow S, Noisette N, Galan P, Hercberg S. Dietary intakes and food sources of n-6 and n-3 PUFA in French adult men and women. Lipids. 2004;39:527-35 pubmed..Fish and seafood consumption showed very large interindividual variations, the low consumers being at risk of insufficient n-3 PUFA intake. ..
- Laloum E, Zeller V, Graff W, Aerts J, Chazerain P, Mamoudy P, et al. Salmonella typhi osteitis can mimic tuberculosis. A report of three cases. Joint Bone Spine. 2005;72:171-4 pubmed..Tuberculosis was considered in all three patients, based on origin from an endemic area (sub-Saharan Africa), a chronic course in the first two patients, and granulomas in a biopsy specimen from one patient. ..
- Assie G, Auzan C, Gasc J, Baviera E, Balaton A, Elalouf J, et al. Steroidogenesis in aldosterone-producing adenoma revisited by transcriptome analysis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005;90:6638-49 pubmed..Finally, other differentially expressed genes include three genes encoding unidentified proteins. This work provides an original and integrated view of the mechanisms of aldosterone production in PAL. ..
- Lefebvre M, Krause S, Salcedo M, Nardin A. Ex vivo-activated human macrophages kill chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells in the presence of rituximab: mechanism of antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicity and impact of human serum. J Immunother. 2006;29:388-97 pubmed..Importantly, complement deposition on B-CLL cells did not seem to enhance macrophage ADCC in this model, as complement-depleted and complement-repleted human plasmas exerted comparable inhibition. ..
- Bourges J, Torriglia A, Valamanesh F, BenEzra D, Renard G, Behar Cohen F. Nitrosative stress and corneal transplant endothelial cell death during acute graft rejection. Transplantation. 2007;84:415-23 pubmed..Inhibition of nitric oxide production during the corneal graft rejection has protective effects on the corneal EC survival. ..
- Gallien S, Zuber B, Polivka M, Lagrange Xelot M, Thiebault J, Bertheau P, et al. Multifocal Epstein-Barr virus-associated smooth muscle tumor in adults with AIDS: case report and review of the literature. Oncology. 2008;74:167-76 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to provide a systematic review of Epstein-Barr virus-associated smooth muscle tumors (EBV-SMT) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected adults, focusing on clinical and histopathologic features and outcome...
- Tory K, Rousset Rouvière C, Gubler M, Moriniere V, Pawtowski A, Becker C, et al. Mutations of NPHP2 and NPHP3 in infantile nephronophthisis. Kidney Int. 2009;75:839-47 pubmed publisher..We show that NPHP3 mutations in both infantile and adolescent nephronophthisis point to a common pathophysiological mechanism despite their different clinical presentations. ..
- Fromigue O, Hamidouche Z, Vaudin P, Lecanda F, Patiño A, Barbry P, et al. CYR61 downregulation reduces osteosarcoma cell invasion, migration, and metastasis. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:1533-42 pubmed publisher..These data provide a novel molecular target for therapeutic intervention in metastatic osteosarcoma. ..
- Boulos N, Helle F, Dussaule J, Placier S, Milliez P, Djudjaj S, et al. Notch3 is essential for regulation of the renal vascular tone. Hypertension. 2011;57:1176-82 pubmed publisher..A deficiency in the expression of Notch3 could have important physiopathological consequences in the adaptation of the cardiac and renal function to chronic increase of blood pressure. ..
- Rua R, Lepelley A, Gessain A, Schwartz O. Innate sensing of foamy viruses by human hematopoietic cells. J Virol. 2012;86:909-18 pubmed publisher..Therefore, FV are potent inducers of type I IFN by pDCs and by PBMCs. This previously underestimated activation of the innate immune response may be involved in the control of viral replication in humans...
- Zilberman S, Schenowitz C, Agaugué S, Benoît F, Riteau B, Rouzier R, et al. HLA-G1 and HLA-G5 active dimers are present in malignant cells and effusions: the influence of the tumor microenvironment. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:1599-608 pubmed publisher..In view of these results, the effect of the tumor microenvironment on upregulation of HLA-G function deserves particular attention when designing cancer immunotherapy protocols. ..
- Dick K, Nelson C, Tsaprouni L, Sandling J, Aïssi D, Wahl S, et al. DNA methylation and body-mass index: a genome-wide analysis. Lancet. 2014;383:1990-8 pubmed publisher..The European Commission, National Institute for Health Research, British Heart Foundation, and Wellcome Trust. ..
- Fellerhoff Losch B, Korol S, Ganor Y, Gu S, Cooper I, Eilam R, et al. Normal human CD4(+) helper T cells express Kv1.1 voltage-gated K(+) channels, and selective Kv1.1 block in T cells induces by itself robust TNFÎ± production and secretion and activation of the NFÎºB non-canonical pathway. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2016;123:137-57 pubmed publisher..induce recruitment and extravasation of curative immune cells and factors; c. improve accessibility of drugs to the brain and few peripheral organs thanks to TNFÎ±-induced increased permeability of organ's barriers. ..