Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Orsay, Île de France, France
Locale: Orsay, Île de France, France
Publications195 found, 100 shown here
- Wan K, Liu J, Hauck Y, Zhang Y, Liu J, Zhao X, et al. Investigation on Mycobacterium tuberculosis diversity in China and the origin of the Beijing clade. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e29190 pubmed publisher..The observed geographic distribution of the different lineages within China suggests that natural frontiers are major factors in their diffusion. ..
- Fontaine M, Lindqvist L, Blouquit Y, Rosa J. Structure dynamics of the hemoglobin mutants Hb Hôtel Dieu, HbG Philadelphia, HbJ Mexico, Hb St. Mandé and Hb San Diego, studied by nanosecond-laser-flash photolysis. Eur J Biochem. 1989;186:663-6 pubmed..However, there is some indication that the kinetics are dependent upon the region of mutation. ..
- Lubineau A, Auge C, Gautheron Le Narvor C, Ginet J. Combined chemical and enzymatic synthesis of the sialylated non reducing terminal sequence of GM1b glycolylated ganglioside, a potential human tumor marker. Bioorg Med Chem. 1994;2:669-74 pubmed..alpha-Neu5Gc-(2-3)-beta-D-Gal-(1-3)-beta-D-GalNac-OBn 13 isolated in 56% yield was deprotected to give the non-reducing terminal sequence of GM1b glycolylated ganglioside, which might be expressed in human tumors. ..
- Craescu C, Rouviere N, Popescu A, Cerpolini E, Lebeau M, Baulieu E, et al. Three-dimensional structure of the immunophilin-like domain of FKBP59 in solution. Biochemistry. 1996;35:11045-52 pubmed..This gives a large upfield shift (-4.8 ppm) and a significant exchange protection factor. The implications of the present structure determination on the ligand binding of FKBP59 are discussed. ..
- Rety S, Sopkova J, Renouard M, Osterloh D, Gerke V, Tabaries S, et al. The crystal structure of a complex of p11 with the annexin II N-terminal peptide. Nat Struct Biol. 1999;6:89-95 pubmed..Finally, p11 forms a disulfide-linked tetramer in both types of crystals thus suggesting a model for an oxidized form of other S100 proteins that have been found in the extracellular milieu. ..
- Bao W, Fukuhara H. Secretion of human proteins from yeast: stimulation by duplication of polyubiquitin and protein disulfide isomerase genes in Kluyveromyces lactis. Gene. 2001;272:103-10 pubmed..The yeast Kluyveromyces lactis was used as a production host. Duplication of either one of these genes had a strong stimulating effect on the production of the highly disulfide-bonded serumalbumin, but not of interleukin 1 beta. ..
- De Souza Hart J, Blackstock W, Di Modugno V, Holland I, Kok M. Two-component systems in Haemophilus influenzae: a regulatory role for ArcA in serum resistance. Infect Immun. 2003;71:163-72 pubmed..Comparative analysis of the membrane fractions of the arcA mutants and the wild-type strain revealed several ArcA-regulated proteins, some of which may be implicated in the serum hypersensitivity phenotype. ..
- Pardo R, Colin E, Regulier E, Aebischer P, Déglon N, Humbert S, et al. Inhibition of calcineurin by FK506 protects against polyglutamine-huntingtin toxicity through an increase of huntingtin phosphorylation at S421. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1635-45 pubmed..Collectively, these data highlight the importance of CaN in the modulation of S421 phosphorylation and suggest the potential use of CaN inhibition as a therapeutic approach to treat HD. ..
- Vergnaud G, Li Y, Gorgé O, Cui Y, Song Y, Zhou D, et al. Analysis of the three Yersinia pestis CRISPR loci provides new tools for phylogenetic studies and possibly for the investigation of ancient DNA. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2007;603:327-38 pubmed..In addition, the assay can be run in any laboratory. Interpretation of the data is not dependent on accurate sequence data. ..
- Miron S, Duchambon P, Blouquit Y, Durand D, Craescu C. The carboxy-terminal domain of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group C protein, involved in TFIIH and centrin binding, is highly disordered. Biochemistry. 2008;47:1403-13 pubmed publisher..NMR analysis indicates that the physical interaction between C-XPC and centrin 2 induces only minor conformational changes into XPC, localized around the 17-mer segment (847-863), showed to be critically involved in the centrin binding. ..
- Luciani F, Champeval D, Herbette A, Denat L, Aylaj B, Martinozzi S, et al. Biological and mathematical modeling of melanocyte development. Development. 2011;138:3943-54 pubmed publisher..Modeling melanoblast expansion revealed novel links between cell division, cell localization within the embryo and appropriate feedback control through ?-catenin...
- Husson B, Hertz Pannier L, Adamsbaum C, Renaud C, Presles E, Dinomais M, et al. MR angiography findings in infants with neonatal arterial ischemic stroke in the middle cerebral artery territory: A prospective study using circle of Willis MR angiography. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1329-35 pubmed publisher..1). Occlusion was associated with a worse outcome (p=0.04). MRangiography shows arterial abnormalities suggesting that embolism is a frequent cause of NAIS. ..
- Dura J, Taillebourg E, Preat T. The Drosophila learning and memory gene linotte encodes a putative receptor tyrosine kinase homologous to the human RYK gene product. FEBS Lett. 1995;370:250-4 pubmed..These results suggest that linotte is part of a novel signal transduction cascade involved in learning and memory. ..
- Sureau A, Perbal B. Several mRNAs with variable 3' untranslated regions and different stability encode the human PR264/SC35 splicing factor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:932-6 pubmed
- Sauvage M, Maziere P, Fathallah H, Giraud F. Insulin stimulates NHE1 activity by sequential activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase C zeta in human erythrocytes. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:955-62 pubmed
- Yon J. Protein folding in the post-genomic era. J Cell Mol Med. 2002;6:307-27 pubmed..The modern view of misfolding and aggregation processes that are involved in several pathologies such as prion and Alzheimer diseases. Several approaches of structure prediction, which is a very active field of research, are described. ..
- Lemer C, Dehaene S, Spelke E, Cohen L. Approximate quantities and exact number words: dissociable systems. Neuropsychologia. 2003;41:1942-58 pubmed..As predicted by a verbal deficit, the second patient was more impaired in multiplication than in subtraction, had intact approximation abilities, and showed preserved processing of non-symbolic numerosities...
- Colin E, Regulier E, Perrin V, Durr A, Brice A, Aebischer P, et al. Akt is altered in an animal model of Huntington's disease and in patients. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:1478-88 pubmed..These observations demonstrate a progressive but marked alteration of this pro-survival pathway in Huntington's disease, and further implicate it as a key transduction pathway regulating the toxicity of huntingtin. ..
- Benihoud K, Esselin S, Descamps D, Jullienne B, Salone B, Bobe P, et al. Respective roles of TNF-alpha and IL-6 in the immune response-elicited by adenovirus-mediated gene transfer in mice. Gene Ther. 2007;14:533-44 pubmed..Finally, treatment of mice with etanercept, a clinically approved anti-TNF-alpha drug, confirmed the importance of controlling proinflammatory cytokines during gene therapy by adenoviral vectors. ..
- Benomar Y, Berthou F, Vacher C, Bailleux V, Gertler A, Djiane J, et al. Leptin but not ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) induces phosphotyrosine phosphatase-1B expression in human neuronal cells (SH-SY5Y): putative explanation of CNTF efficacy in leptin-resistant state. Endocrinology. 2009;150:1182-91 pubmed publisher
- Locker M, Borday C, Perron M. Stemness or not stemness? Current status and perspectives of adult retinal stem cells. Curr Stem Cell Res Ther. 2009;4:118-30 pubmed..Last, we discuss the potential of ES cells and various adult stem cells for retinal repair. ..
- Gueguen M, Vuillerme N, Isableu B. Does the integration of haptic and visual cues reduce the effect of a biased visual reference frame on the subjective head orientation?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34380 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings emphasize the importance of identifying individual spatial FOR preferences to assess the efficiency of our interaction with the environment whilst performing spatial tasks. ..
- Legat A, Maby El Hajjami H, Baumgaertner P, Cagnon L, Abed Maillard S, Geldhof C, et al. Vaccination with LAG-3Ig (IMP321) and Peptides Induces Specific CD4 and CD8 T-Cell Responses in Metastatic Melanoma Patients--Report of a Phase I/IIa Clinical Trial. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1330-40 pubmed publisher..We conclude that vaccination with IMP321 is a promising and safe strategy for inducing sustained immune responses, encouraging further development for cancer vaccines as components of combination therapies. ..
- Sagne C, Marcel V, Amadou A, Hainaut P, Olivier M, Hall J. A meta-analysis of cancer risk associated with the TP53 intron 3 duplication polymorphism (rs17878362): geographic and tumor-specific effects. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e492 pubmed publisher..These results support that the A2A2 genotype of rs17878362 is associated with increased cancer risk, with population and tumour-specific effects. ..
- Pellot Barakat C, Chami L, Correas J, Lefort M, Lucidarme O. Does motion affect liver stiffness estimates in shear wave elastography? Phantom and clinical study. Eur J Radiol. 2016;85:1645-50 pubmed publisher..These discrepancies between rest and motion states were observed for patients but not for phantom data, suggesting that patient breath-holding impacts liver stiffness. ..
- Grausam K, Dooyema S, Bihannic L, Premathilake H, Morrissy A, Forget A, et al. ATOH1 Promotes Leptomeningeal Dissemination and Metastasis of Sonic Hedgehog Subgroup Medulloblastomas. Cancer Res. 2017;77:3766-3777 pubmed publisher..Our work reveals a dynamic ATOH1-driven molecular cascade underlying medulloblastoma metastasis that offers possible therapeutic opportunities. Cancer Res; 77(14); 3766-77. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Jacquot J, de Lamotte F, Fontecave M, Schürmann P, Decottignies P, Miginiac Maslow M, et al. Human thioredoxin reactivity-structure/function relationship. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;173:1375-81 pubmed..However the observed behavior of FTR did not exactly fit this prediction. The results are discussed in relation to the structural data available for the proteins. ..
- Eychene A, Dusanter Fourt I, Barnier J, Papin C, Charon M, Gisselbrecht S, et al. Expression and activation of B-Raf kinase isoforms in human and murine leukemia cell lines. Oncogene. 1995;10:1159-65 pubmed..These observations provide the first evidence that the B-Raf kinase is involved in signal transduction pathways regulating proliferation and differentiation of hematopoietic cells of both myeloid and lymphoid lineages. ..
- Lebigot I, Gardellin P, Lefebvre L, Beug H, Ghysdael J, Quang C. Up-regulation of SLAP in FLI-1-transformed erythroblasts interferes with EpoR signaling. Blood. 2003;102:4555-62 pubmed
- Rangone H, Humbert S, Saudou F. Huntington's disease: how does huntingtin, an anti-apoptotic protein, become toxic?. Pathol Biol (Paris). 2004;52:338-42 pubmed..These mechanisms are not completely described but could involve the gain of a new toxic function as well as the loss of the beneficial properties of huntingtin. ..
- Zanotti Fregonara P, Hindie E, Keller I, Calzada Nocaudie M, Devaux J. Scintigraphic visualization of glossal thyroid tissue during the follow-up of thyroid cancer patients. Clin Nucl Med. 2007;32:911-4 pubmed..The aim of our study was to assess the frequency of lingual thyroid visualization on I-131 diagnostic whole-body scan during the follow-up of thyroid cancer patients...
- Javelaud D, Alexaki V, Pierrat M, Hoek K, Dennler S, van Kempen L, et al. GLI2 and M-MITF transcription factors control exclusive gene expression programs and inversely regulate invasion in human melanoma cells. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2011;24:932-43 pubmed publisher..These findings thus identify GLI2 as a critical transcription factor antagonizing M-MITF function to promote melanoma cell phenotypic plasticity and invasive behavior. ..
- Moss R, Grosse T, Marchant I, Lassau N, Gueyffier F, Thomas S. Virtual patients and sensitivity analysis of the Guyton model of blood pressure regulation: towards individualized models of whole-body physiology. PLoS Comput Biol. 2012;8:e1002571 pubmed publisher..More generally, the presented methodology is applicable to modern, more complex multi-scale physiological models. ..
- Zala D, Hinckelmann M, Saudou F. Huntingtin's function in axonal transport is conserved in Drosophila melanogaster. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60162 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the function of HTT in axonal transport is conserved between flies and mammals. Our study therefore validates Drosophila melanogaster as a model to study HTT function, and its dysfunction associated with HD. ..
- Perrot C, Gilbert C, Marsaud V, Postigo A, Javelaud D, Mauviel A. GLI2 cooperates with ZEB1 for transcriptional repression of CDH1 expression in human melanoma cells. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2013;26:861-73 pubmed publisher..These data identify GLI2 as a critical modulator of the cadherin switch in melanoma, a molecular process that is critical for metastatic spread of the disease. ..
- Santana P, Martel J, Lai H, Perfettini J, Kanellopoulos J, Young J, et al. Is the inflammasome relevant for epithelial cell function?. Microbes Infect. 2016;18:93-101 pubmed publisher..We review here recent findings on inflammasomes found in epithelial tissues, highlighting the importance of these protein complexes in the response of epithelial tissues to microbial infections. ..
- Le Lous M, Bouhanna P, Colmant C, Rozenberg P, Quibel T. The performance of an intermediate 16th-week ultrasound scan for the follow-up of euploid fetuses with increased nuchal translucency. Prenat Diagn. 2016;36:148-53 pubmed publisher..The intermediate ultrasound was useful in fetuses with increased NT pregnancy work-up. ..
- Rosier A, Mabo P, Temal L, Van Hille P, Dameron O, Deleger L, et al. Remote Monitoring of Cardiac Implantable Devices: Ontology Driven Classification of the Alerts. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2016;221:59-63 pubmed..We show some examples of alert processing. The results suggest that this approach has the potential to significantly reduce the alert burden in telecardiology. The methods may be extended to other types of connected devices. ..
- Giraud T, Focone F, Isableu B, Martin J, Demulier V. Impact of elicited mood on movement expressivity during a fitness task. Hum Mov Sci. 2016;49:9-26 pubmed publisher..e., reduced variability and increased Jerkiness). Findings evidence the key role of movement qualities in capturing motion signatures of moods and highlight the importance of task context in their interpretations. ..
- Even C, Abramovici G, Delort F, Rigato A, Bailleux V, de Sousa Moreira A, et al. Mutation in the Core Structure of Desmin Intermediate Filaments Affects Myoblast Elasticity. Biophys J. 2017;113:627-636 pubmed publisher..D399Y stiffens mouse myoblasts. Based on these results, we suggest that p.D399Y-related myofibrillar myopathy is at least partly due to altered mechanical properties at the single-cell scale, which are propagated to the tissue scale. ..
- De Maeyer Guignard J, De Maeyer E. Linkage analysis of the Gi alpha 2 gene on mouse chromosome 9. Mamm Genome. 1992;3:601-3 pubmed
- Collet V, Carrez D, Croisy A, Dimicoli J. Effect of methionine on glycolysis in tumor cells: in vivo and in vitro NMR studies. NMR Biomed. 1996;9:47-52 pubmed..In contrast, none of the in vivo experimental results were compatible with this phenomenon, which is probably affected by more general physiological events...
- Dehaene S, Naccache L, Le Clec H G, Koechlin E, Mueller M, Dehaene Lambertz G, et al. Imaging unconscious semantic priming. Nature. 1998;395:597-600 pubmed..A stream of perceptual, semantic and motor processes can therefore occur without awareness. ..
- Tourancheau A, Morin L, Yang T, Perasso R. Messenger RNA in dormant cells of Sterkiella histriomuscorum (Oxytrichiade): indentification of putative regulatory gene transcripts. Protist. 1999;150:137-47 pubmed..The possible involvment of these new ciliate genes in the excystment process is discussed...
- Breniere Y. Simulation of gait and gait initiation associated with body oscillating behavior in the gravity environment on the moon, mars and Phobos. Biol Cybern. 2001;84:261-7 pubmed..More generally, the simulation allows us to establish and discuss the conditions for gait adaptability that result from the biomechanical constraints particular to each gravity system. ..
- Lachaise F, Martin G, Drougard C, Perl A, Vuillaume M, Wegnez M, et al. Relationship between posttranslational modification of transaldolase and catalase deficiency in UV-sensitive repair-deficient xeroderma pigmentosum fibroblasts and SV40-transformed human cells. Free Radic Biol Med. 2001;30:1365-73 pubmed..Our results show that high transaldolase activity corresponds to a low catalase activity in SV40-transformed cells and in fibroblasts from XP patients who have a high predisposition to develop skin cancer. ..
- Noel G, Bollet M, Calugaru V, Feuvret L, Haie Meder C, Dhermain F, et al. Functional outcome of patients with benign meningioma treated by 3D conformal irradiation with a combination of photons and protons. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005;62:1412-22 pubmed..These results stressed the clinical efficacy of fractionated-associated photon-proton RT in the treatment of meningiomas, especially on cranial nerve palsies, without severe toxicity in almost all patients. ..
- Dray E, Siaud N, Dubois E, Doutriaux M. Interaction between Arabidopsis Brca2 and its partners Rad51, Dmc1, and Dss1. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:1059-69 pubmed..Finally, we show for the first time that an AtBrca2 protein could bind two different partners at the same time: AtRad51 and AtDss1(I), or AtDmc1 and AtDss1(I). ..
- Joliot V, Cormier F, Medyouf H, Alcalde H, Ghysdael J. Constitutive STAT5 activation specifically cooperates with the loss of p53 function in B-cell lymphomagenesis. Oncogene. 2006;25:4573-84 pubmed
- Bazin D, Chevallier P, Matzen G, Jungers P, Daudon M. Heavy elements in urinary stones. Urol Res. 2007;35:179-84 pubmed..Further studies are needed to examine the relationships between urine concentration in calcium or other solutes and the amount of Zn and Sr in calcium stones. ..
- Karila L, Gorelick D, Weinstein A, Noble F, Benyamina A, Coscas S, et al. New treatments for cocaine dependence: a focused review. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2008;11:425-38 pubmed..An anti-cocaine vaccine and several compounds in preclinical development have also shown promise. Findings from early clinical trials must be confirmed in larger, less selective patient populations. ..
- Boskos C, Feuvret L, Noel G, Habrand J, Pommier P, Alapetite C, et al. Combined proton and photon conformal radiotherapy for intracranial atypical and malignant meningioma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;75:399-406 pubmed publisher..Postoperative combination of conformal radiotherapy with protons and photons for atypical and malignant meningiomas is a well-tolerated treatment producing long-term tumor stabilization. ..
- Quanz M, Chassoux D, Berthault N, Agrario C, Sun J, Dutreix M. Hyperactivation of DNA-PK by double-strand break mimicking molecules disorganizes DNA damage response. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6298 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that the hyperactivation of DNA-PK is insufficient for complete execution of the DDR but induces a "false" DNA damage signaling that disorganizes the DNA repair system. ..
- Giraud T, Gladieux P, Gavrilets S. Linking the emergence of fungal plant diseases with ecological speciation. Trends Ecol Evol. 2010;25:387-95 pubmed publisher..We argue that placing the problem of emerging fungal diseases of plants within the context of ecological speciation can significantly improve our understanding of the biological mechanisms governing the emergence of such diseases. ..
- Sœur J, Marrot L, Perez P, Iraqui I, Kienda G, Dardalhon M, et al. Selective cytotoxicity of Aniba rosaeodora essential oil towards epidermoid cancer cells through induction of apoptosis. Mutat Res. 2011;718:24-32 pubmed publisher..The identification of selective induction of apoptosis in precancerous and cancerous skin cells by REO highlights the potential anticancer activity of this essential oil. ..
- Morfouace M, Shelat A, Jacus M, Freeman B, Turner D, Robinson S, et al. Pemetrexed and gemcitabine as combination therapy for the treatment of Group3 medulloblastoma. Cancer Cell. 2014;25:516-29 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly suggest that combination therapy with pemetrexed and gemcitabine is a promising treatment for G3 MBs. ..
- Zheng J, Winkeler A, Peyronneau M, DollÃ© F, Boisgard R. Evaluation of PET Imaging Performance of the TSPO Radioligand [18F]DPA-714 in Mouse and Rat Models of Cancer and Inflammation. Mol Imaging Biol. 2016;18:127-34 pubmed publisher..Although TSPO is an evolutionary conserved protein, inter- and intra-species differences call for further exploration of the pharmacological parameters of TSPO radioligands. ..
- Cherfils J, Rosa R, Garel M, Calvin M, Rosa J, Janin J. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of the human erythrocyte bisphosphoglycerate mutase. J Mol Biol. 1991;218:269-70 pubmed..4 A and alpha = beta = gamma = 81.2 degrees. The asymmetric unit contains either a dimeric enzyme molecule, or a monomer. ..
- Boddaert N, Belin P, Chabane N, Poline J, Barthelemy C, Mouren Simeoni M, et al. Perception of complex sounds: abnormal pattern of cortical activation in autism. Am J Psychiatry. 2003;160:2057-60 pubmed..In normal adults, these regions are activated by listening to speech-like sounds. To investigate auditory cortical processing in autism, the authors performed a positron emission tomography activation study...
- Chabosseau P, Buhagiar Labarchède G, Onclercq Delic R, Lambert S, Debatisse M, Brison O, et al. Pyrimidine pool imbalance induced by BLM helicase deficiency contributes to genetic instability in Bloom syndrome. Nat Commun. 2011;2:368 pubmed publisher..Nucleotide pool disequilibrium could be a general phenomenon in a large spectrum of precancerous and cancer cells. ..
- Gleize V, Boisselier B, Marie Y, Poea Guyon S, Sanson M, Morel N. The renal v-ATPase a4 subunit is expressed in specific subtypes of human gliomas. Glia. 2012;60:1004-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, a4 expression identifies subtypes of oligodendrogliomas, pilocytic astrocytomas and gangliogliomas and may contribute to refine characterization of these tumors. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Dutertre M, Lambert S, Carreira A, Amor Gueret M, Vagner S. DNA damage: RNA-binding proteins protect from near and far. Trends Biochem Sci. 2014;39:141-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, because DNA damage modifies RBP localization and binding to different RNA/DNA molecules, we propose that upon DNA damage, RBPs coordinately regulate various aspects of both RNA and DNA metabolism. ..
- Martinerie C, Chevalier G, Rauscher F, Perbal B. Regulation of nov by WT1: a potential role for nov in nephrogenesis. Oncogene. 1996;12:1479-92 pubmed..The downregulation of novH expression by WT1 might represent a key element in normal and tumoral nephrogenesis. ..
- Colin E, Zala D, Liot G, Rangone H, Borrell Pages M, Li X, et al. Huntingtin phosphorylation acts as a molecular switch for anterograde/retrograde transport in neurons. EMBO J. 2008;27:2124-34 pubmed publisher..This also applies to other vesicles suggesting an essential role for huntingtin in the control of vesicular directionality in neurons. ..
- Chanraud S, Leroy C, Martelli C, Kostogianni N, Delain F, Aubin H, et al. Episodic memory in detoxified alcoholics: contribution of grey matter microstructure alteration. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6786 pubmed publisher..These findings support the hypothesis that regional microstructural but no macrostructural alteration of the brain might be responsible, at least in part, for episodic memory deficits in alcohol dependence. ..
- Lahkim Bennani Belhaj K, Rouzeau S, Buhagiar Labarchède G, Chabosseau P, Onclercq Delic R, Bayart E, et al. The Bloom syndrome protein limits the lethality associated with RAD51 deficiency. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:385-94 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight into the molecular basis of some cancers possibly associated with variants of the RAD51 gene family. ..
- Waibel M, Solomon V, Knight D, Ralli R, Kim S, Banks K, et al. Combined targeting of JAK2 and Bcl-2/Bcl-xL to cure mutant JAK2-driven malignancies and overcome acquired resistance to JAK2 inhibitors. Cell Rep. 2013;5:1047-59 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we have defined a potentially curative treatment for hematological malignancies expressing constitutively active JAK2. ..
- Eychene A, Barnier J, Apiou F, Dutrillaux B, Calothy G. Chromosomal assignment of two human B-raf(Rmil) proto-oncogene loci: B-raf-1 encoding the p94Braf/Rmil and B-raf-2, a processed pseudogene. Oncogene. 1992;7:1657-60 pubmed..We also identified two human B-raf loci: B-raf-1, located on chromosome 7q34, which encodes the functional B-raf/Rmil gene product, and B-raf-2, an inactive processed pseudogene located on chromosome Xq13. ..
- Calogeraki I, Barnier J, Eychene A, Felder M, Calothy G, Marx M. Genomic organization and nucleotide sequence of the coding region of the chicken c-Rmil(B-raf-1) proto-oncogene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;193:1324-31 pubmed..However, c-Rmil contains two additional 5' coding exons that are not present in the other mil/raf genes. ..
- MÃ©gnin Chanet F, Lavelle F, Favaudon V. The farnesyl transferase inhibitor RPR-130401 does not alter radiation susceptibility in human tumor cells with a K-Ras mutation in spite of large changes in ploidy and lamin B distribution. BMC Pharmacol. 2002;2:2 pubmed..It is anticipated from the strict additivity of RPR-130401 and radiation that neither induced radiation resistance nor acute or late complications of radiotherapy, should occur in combined treatment with RPR-130401. ..
- Borile C, Labarre M, Franz S, Sola C, Refregier G. Using affinity propagation for identifying subspecies among clonal organisms: lessons from M. tuberculosis. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12:224 pubmed publisher..It also describes well-supported families and subfamilies among M. tuberculosis complex, especially inside the modern "Euro-American" lineage. ..
- Gallagher S, Rambow F, Kumasaka M, Champeval D, Bellacosa A, Delmas V, et al. Beta-catenin inhibits melanocyte migration but induces melanoma metastasis. Oncogene. 2013;32:2230-8 pubmed publisher..These results highlight that metastasis formation requires a series of successful cellular processes, any one of which may not be optimally efficient. ..
- DuchÃªne D, Gref R. Small is beautiful: Surprising nanoparticles. Int J Pharm. 2016;502:219-31 pubmed publisher..The topic has a serious, wider importance, namely in opportunity these structures have to allow exploration of the role of shape and structure on the utility (and perhaps toxicity) of these nanostructures. ..
- Gy I, Aubourg S, Sherson S, Cobbett C, Cheron A, Kreis M, et al. Analysis of a 14-kb fragment containing a putative cell wall gene and a candidate for the ARA1, arabinose kinase, gene from chromosome IV of Arabidopsis thaliana. Gene. 1998;209:201-10 pubmed..Our results highlight the integrative outcome of a systematic sequencing project in which links between biochemically and genetically characterized mutants, ESTs and genomic sequence data are generated. ..
- Vernis L, Facca C, Delagoutte E, Soler N, Chanet R, Guiard B, et al. A newly identified essential complex, Dre2-Tah18, controls mitochondria integrity and cell death after oxidative stress in yeast. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4376 pubmed publisher..Our results are in favour of an oxidative stress-induced cell death in yeast that involves mitochondria and is controlled by the newly identified Dre2-Tah18 complex. ..
- Vu Thien H, Hormigos K, Corbineau G, Fauroux B, Corvol H, Moissenet D, et al. Longitudinal survey of Staphylococcus aureus in cystic fibrosis patients using a multiple-locus variable-number of tandem-repeats analysis method. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:24 pubmed publisher..We show here that more than 70% of these strains belong to 4 major CCs. MSSA as well as MRSA, BOR-SA and MOD-SA isolates can persist over several years, despite antibiotic treatments. ..
- Javelaud D, Pierrat M, Mauviel A. Crosstalk between TGF-? and hedgehog signaling in cancer. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:2016-25 pubmed publisher..We herein review the current knowledge on HH signaling and summarize the recent findings on the crosstalks between the HH and TGF-? pathways in cancer. ..
- Delforge J, Bottlaender M, Pappata S, Loc h C, Syrota A. Absolute quantification by positron emission tomography of the endogenous ligand. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2001;21:613-30 pubmed..This approach is transferable to patients, because the experimental data are obtained without pharmacologically induced modification of the EL. ..
- David Pfeuty T. The flexible evolutionary anchorage-dependent Pardee's restriction point of mammalian cells: how its deregulation may lead to cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1765:38-66 pubmed..Jorgensen, J.L. Nishikawa, B.-J. Breitkreutz, M. Tyers, Systematic identification of pathways that couple cell growth and division in yeast, Science 297 (2002) 395-400]. ..
- Bayart E, Dutertre S, Jaulin C, Guo R, Xi X, Amor Gueret M. The Bloom syndrome helicase is a substrate of the mitotic Cdc2 kinase. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1681-6 pubmed..Our results identify BLM helicase as a new substrate for cdc2, which may have potential physiological implications for the role of BLM in mitosis. ..
- Javelaud D, van Kempen L, Alexaki V, Le Scolan E, Luo K, Mauviel A. Efficient TGF-?/SMAD signaling in human melanoma cells associated with high c-SKI/SnoN expression. Mol Cancer. 2011;10:2 pubmed publisher..Its highly labile nature makes it an unlikely target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Tournier N, Valette H, Peyronneau M, Saba W, Goutal S, Kuhnast B, et al. Transport of selected PET radiotracers by human P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) and breast cancer resistance protein (ABCG2): an in vitro screening. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:415-23 pubmed publisher..Efflux transporters at the BBB-P-glycoprotein (P-gp) and the breast cancer resistance protein (BCRP)-could limit their uptake by the brain...
- Shimelis H, Mesman R, von Nicolai C, Ehlén A, Guidugli L, Martin C, et al. BRCA2 Hypomorphic Missense Variants Confer Moderate Risks of Breast Cancer. Cancer Res. 2017;77:2789-2799 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(11); 2789-99. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Foy M, Anezo O, Saule S, Planque N. PRL-3/PTP4A3 phosphatase regulates integrin ?1 in adhesion structures during migration of human ocular melanoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2017;353:88-99 pubmed publisher..This work identifies PRL-3 as a new regulator of cell adhesion structures to the extracellular matrix, and further supports PRL-3 as a key actor of metastasis in uveal melanoma, of which molecular mechanisms are still poorly understood. ..
- Medyouf H, Alcalde H, Berthier C, Guillemin M, dos Santos N, Janin A, et al. Targeting calcineurin activation as a therapeutic strategy for T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Nat Med. 2007;13:736-41 pubmed..Thus, calcineurin activation is critical for the maintenance of the leukemic phenotype in vivo, identifying this pathway as a relevant therapeutic target in lymphoid malignancies. ..
- Weyemi U, Lagente Chevallier O, Boufraqech M, Prenois F, Courtin F, Caillou B, et al. ROS-generating NADPH oxidase NOX4 is a critical mediator in oncogenic H-Ras-induced DNA damage and subsequent senescence. Oncogene. 2012;31:1117-29 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that NADPH oxidase NOX4 is a critical mediator in oncogenic H-RasV12-induced DNA-damage response and subsequent senescence. ..