Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gtp binding proteins in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: gtp binding proteins
- Karniguian A, Zahraoui A, Tavitian A. Identification of small GTP-binding rab proteins in human platelets: thrombin-induced phosphorylation of rab3B, rab6, and rab8 proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:7647-51 pubmed
- Galante M, Diana M. Group I metabotropic glutamate receptors inhibit GABA release at interneuron-Purkinje cell synapses through endocannabinoid production. J Neurosci. 2004;24:4865-74 pubmed..Our results reveal a mechanism with potential physiological importance, by which glutamatergic synapses induce an endocannabinoid-mediated inhibition of the GABAergic inputs onto Purkinje cells. ..
- Laalami S, Sacerdot C, Vachon G, Mortensen K, Sperling Petersen H, Cenatiempo Y, et al. Structural and functional domains of E coli initiation factor IF2. Biochimie. 1991;73:1557-66 pubmed..Here we review evidence which indicates the functional importance of the different structural domains of IF2, emphasizing new information obtained by in vivo experiments. ..
- Robin M, Descatoire V, Pessayre D, Berson A. Steatohepatitis-inducing drugs trigger cytokeratin cross-links in hepatocytes. Possible contribution to Mallory-Denk body formation. Toxicol In Vitro. 2008;22:1511-9 pubmed publisher..Malondialdehyde also cross-links CK8, albeit through a different mechanism, and might also contribute to MDB formation. ..
- Goud B, Zahraoui A, Tavitian A, Saraste J. Small GTP-binding protein associated with Golgi cisternae. Nature. 1990;345:553-6 pubmed..By immunolabelling and electron microscopy, Rab6p appears to be concentrated predominantly on the medial and trans cisternae and distributed over their entire surface. ..
- David N, Martin C, Segalen M, Rosenfeld F, Schweisguth F, Bellaiche Y. Drosophila Ric-8 regulates Galphai cortical localization to promote Galphai-dependent planar orientation of the mitotic spindle during asymmetric cell division. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1083-90 pubmed..Thus, Frizzled and heterotrimeric G-protein signalling act in opposition to ensure that the spindle aligns both in the plane of the epithelium and along the tissue polarity axis. ..
- Guillard C, Chretien S, Pelus A, Porteu F, Muller O, Mayeux P, et al. Activation of the mitogen-activated protein kinases Erk1/2 by erythropoietin receptor via a G(i )protein beta gamma-subunit-initiated pathway. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:11050-6 pubmed..This pathway is similar to the best characterized pathway used by seven transmembrane receptors coupled to G(i) to activate MAPK and may cooperate with other described Epo-dependent MAPK activation pathways in hematopoietic cells. ..
- Cambot M, Aresta S, Kahn Perlès B, de Gunzburg J, Romeo P. Human immune associated nucleotide 1: a member of a new guanosine triphosphatase family expressed in resting T and B cells. Blood. 2002;99:3293-301 pubmed
- Vielh E, Touchot N, Zahraoui A, Tavitian A. Nucleotide sequence of a rat cDNA: rab1B, encoding a rab1-YPT related protein. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:1770 pubmed
- Rousseau Merck M, Pizon V, Tavitian A, Berger R. Chromosome mapping of the human RAS-related RAP1A, RAP1B, and RAP2 genes to chromosomes 1p12----p13, 12q14, and 13q34, respectively. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1990;53:2-4 pubmed..The three genes RAP1A, RAP1B, and RAP2 have been assigned to chromosome bands 1p12----p13, 12q14, and 13q34, respectively. ..
- Lassot I, Segeral E, Berlioz Torrent C, Durand H, Groussin L, Hai T, et al. ATF4 degradation relies on a phosphorylation-dependent interaction with the SCF(betaTrCP) ubiquitin ligase. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:2192-202 pubmed..ATF4 represents a novel substrate for the SCF(betaTrCP) complex, which is the first mammalian E3 ubiquitin ligase identified so far for the control of the degradation of a bZIP transcription factor. ..
- Diatloff Zito C, Gordon A, Duchaud E, Merlin G. Isolation of an ubiquitously expressed cDNA encoding human dynamin II, a member of the large GTP-binding protein family. Gene. 1995;163:301-6 pubmed..The sequence reported here should allow a more complete analysis of Dyn function(s) in man. ..
- Monnot C, Weber V, Stinnakre J, Bihoreau C, Teutsch B, Corvol P, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of a novel mas-related gene, modulating intracellular angiotensin II actions. Mol Endocrinol. 1991;5:1477-87 pubmed
- Dorseuil O, Gacon G. [Signal transduction by Rac small G proteins in phagocytes]. C R Seances Soc Biol Fil. 1997;191:237-46 pubmed..NADPH oxidase regulation by Rac proteins in phagocytes could then be used as a model to understand the molecular mechanisms underlying Rac functions in various cell types. ..
- Buckingham R, Grentzmann G, Kisselev L. Polypeptide chain release factors. Mol Microbiol. 1997;24:449-56 pubmed..e. RF3 and eRF3. ..
- Lerosey I, Chardin P, de Gunzburg J, Tavitian A. The product of the rap2 gene, member of the ras superfamily. Biochemical characterization and site-directed mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:4315-21 pubmed..These properties of the normal and mutant rap2 proteins are compared with those of ras p21 carrying similar substitutions and are discussed in relation to the structural models proposed for ras p21. ..
- Clabecq A, Henry J, Darchen F. Biochemical characterization of Rab3-GTPase-activating protein reveals a mechanism similar to that of Ras-GAP. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:31786-91 pubmed..We propose that Rab3-GAP, like Ras- and Rho-GAPs, stabilizes the transition state of Rab3 and provides a critical arginine residue to accelerate the GTPase reaction. ..
- Johannes L, Perez F, Laran Chich M, Henry J, Darchen F. Characterization of the interaction of the monomeric GTP-binding protein Rab3a with geranylgeranyl transferase II. Eur J Biochem. 1996;239:362-8 pubmed..The GDP-bound form of Rab3a is the preferred substrate of geranylgeranyl transferase II. ..
- Gordien E, Rosmorduc O, Peltekian C, Garreau F, Brechot C, Kremsdorf D. Inhibition of hepatitis B virus replication by the interferon-inducible MxA protein. J Virol. 2001;75:2684-91 pubmed..Our results show an antiviral effect of MxA protein on a DNA virus for the first time. MxA protein acts, at least in part, by inhibiting the nucleocytoplasmic export of viral mRNA via the PRE sequence. ..
- Zahraoui A, Joberty G, Arpin M, Fontaine J, Hellio R, Tavitian A, et al. A small rab GTPase is distributed in cytoplasmic vesicles in non polarized cells but colocalizes with the tight junction marker ZO-1 in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1994;124:101-15 pubmed..The participation of rab13 in polarized transport, in the assembly and/or the activity of tight junctions is discussed. ..
- Janoueix Lerosey I, Jollivet F, Camonis J, Marche P, Goud B. Two-hybrid system screen with the small GTP-binding protein Rab6. Identification of a novel mouse GDP dissociation inhibitor isoform and two other potential partners of Rab6. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:14801-8 pubmed..This clone was partially sequenced but shows no homology to known sequences. Finally, a third clone, interacting with both Rab5 and Rab6, also appears to encode a novel protein. ..
- Harris Warrick R, Hammond C, Paupardin Tritsch D, Homburger V, Rouot B, Bockaert J, et al. An alpha 40 subunit of a GTP-binding protein immunologically related to Go mediates a dopamine-induced decrease of Ca2+ current in snail neurons. Neuron. 1988;1:27-32 pubmed..We propose that this is a 40 kd alpha subunit of a molluscan G protein immunologically related to alpha o and that it mediates the effect of dopamine on Ca2+ currents in identified snail neurons. ..
- Jullien Flores V, Dorseuil O, Romero F, Letourneur F, Saragosti S, Berger R, et al. Bridging Ral GTPase to Rho pathways. RLIP76, a Ral effector with CDC42/Rac GTPase-activating protein activity. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:22473-7 pubmed..We propose that these pathways are linked through a cascade composed of Ras --> Ra1GDS --> Ra1 --> RLIP76 --> CDC42/Rac1/Rho, allowing modulation of the Rho pathway by the Ras pathway...
- Vial D, Se orale Pose M, Havet N, Molio L, Vargaftig B, Touqui L. Expression of the type-II phospholipase A2 in alveolar macrophages. Down-regulation by an inflammatory signal. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:17327-32 pubmed..A possible negative control of the type-II PLA2 expression during AM activation is suggested...
- Shweke N, Boulos N, Jouanneau C, Vandermeersch S, Melino G, Dussaule J, et al. Tissue transglutaminase contributes to interstitial renal fibrosis by favoring accumulation of fibrillar collagen through TGF-beta activation and cell infiltration. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:631-42 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that inhibition of TG2 may provide a new and important therapeutic target against the progression of renal fibrosis. ..
- Billuart P, Bienvenu T, Ronce N, Des Portes V, Vinet M, Zemni R, et al. Oligophrenin-1 encodes a rhoGAP protein involved in X-linked mental retardation. Nature. 1998;392:923-6 pubmed..Such activation is known to affect cell migration and outgrowth of axons and dendrites in vivo. Our results demonstrate an association between cognitive impairment and a defect in a signalling pathway that depends on a Ras-like GTPase. ..
- Janoueix Lerosey I, Pasheva E, de Tand M, Tavitian A, de Gunzburg J. Identification of a specific effector of the small GTP-binding protein Rap2. Eur J Biochem. 1998;252:290-8 pubmed..These data therefore argue for RPIP8 being a specific effector of the Rap2 protein in cells exhibiting neuronal properties. ..
- Desagher S, Cordier J, Glowinski J, Tence M. Endothelin stimulates phospholipase D in striatal astrocytes. J Neurochem. 1997;68:78-87 pubmed..Finally, ET-1, ET-3, and PMA also stimulated PLD in astrocytes from the mesencephalon, the cerebral cortex, and the hippocampus. ..
- Touchot N, Zahraoui A, Vielh E, Tavitian A. Biochemical properties of the YPT-related rab1B protein. Comparison with rab1A. FEBS Lett. 1989;256:79-84 pubmed..The rab1B Lys21----Met mutant protein does not bind GTP, whereas the Ala65----Thr mutant has a reduced GTPase activity and is competent for autophosphorylation in the presence of GTP. ..
- Adelbrecht C, Murer M, Lauritzen I, Lesage F, Ladzunski M, Agid Y, et al. An immunocytochemical study of a G-protein-gated inward rectifier K+ channel (GIRK2) in the weaver mouse mesencephalon. Neuroreport. 1997;8:969-74 pubmed..These results suggest that expression of the mutated channel is not a sufficient condition to induce cell death in the ventral mesencephalon of the wv/wv mice. ..
- Loric S, Maroteaux L, Kellermann O, Launay J. Functional serotonin-2B receptors are expressed by a teratocarcinoma-derived cell line during serotoninergic differentiation. Mol Pharmacol. 1995;47:458-66 pubmed..The inducible 1C11 clone thus provides an in vitro model to investigate the possible role of the 5-HT2B receptor in the expression of the serotoninergic phenotype. ..
- Bouckson Castaing V, Moudjou M, Ferguson D, Mucklow S, Belkaid Y, Milon G, et al. Molecular characterisation of ninein, a new coiled-coil protein of the centrosome. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 1):179-90 pubmed..Staining, if present, was always consistent with a centrosomal localisation and was never associated with nuclei. Ninein provides a new molecular tool for analysing the structure and function of the centrosome. ..
- Berger G, Quarck R, Tenza D, Levy Toledano S, de Gunzburg J, Cramer E. Ultrastructural localization of the small GTP-binding protein Rap1 in human platelets and megakaryocytes. Br J Haematol. 1994;88:372-82 pubmed..This study presents a first approach to the localization of a small GTP binding-protein Rap1B in whole platelets and MK, and shows its association with both the plasma and OCS membranes, as well as with the alpha-granule membranes. ..
- Drutel G, Arrang J, Diaz J, Wisnewsky C, Schwartz K, Schwartz J. Cloning of OL1, a putative olfactory receptor and its expression in the developing rat heart. Receptors Channels. 1995;3:33-40 pubmed
- Lacronique V, Mignon A, Fabre M, Viollet B, Rouquet N, Molina T, et al. Bcl-2 protects from lethal hepatic apoptosis induced by an anti-Fas antibody in mice. Nat Med. 1996;2:80-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Bcl-2 is able to protect from in vivo Fas-mediated cytotoxicity, and could be of significance for preventing fulminant hepatic failure due to viral hepatitis in humans. ..
- Lhuillier P, Rode B, Escalier D, Lores P, Dirami T, Bienvenu T, et al. Absence of annulus in human asthenozoospermia: case report. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:1296-303 pubmed publisher..The case we studied, so far unreported in human, confirms the involvement of Tat1 and Septin proteins in the constitution of the annulus, but also raises questions about the function of this structure in human sperm motility. ..
- Roa M, Paumet F, Le Mao J, David B, Blank U. Involvement of the ras-like GTPase rab3d in RBL-2H3 mast cell exocytosis following stimulation via high affinity IgE receptors (Fc epsilonRI). J Immunol. 1997;159:2815-23 pubmed..Calculations of the initial fast and of the second slow release rates showed that they are both inhibited about twofold, suggesting that rab3d interferes with a rate-limiting step in Fc epsilonRI-stimulated exocytosis. ..
- Herve D, Rogard M, Levi Strauss M. Molecular analysis of the multiple Golf alpha subunit mRNAs in the rat brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1995;32:125-34 pubmed..In conclusion, we have shown that the G alpha olf proteins present in the striatum and the olfactory epithelium are identical and that multiple variations in the untranslated parts of the mRNAs could affect G alpha olf expression. ..
- Beranger F, Cadwallader K, Porfiri E, Powers S, Evans T, de Gunzburg J, et al. Determination of structural requirements for the interaction of Rab6 with RabGDI and Rab geranylgeranyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:13637-43 pubmed..Interestingly, however, loop3/beta 3 of Rab6 when introduced into H-Ras is sufficient to allow some in vivo processing of a C-terminal CSC motif. ..
- Fabre V, Beaufour C, Evrard A, Rioux A, Hanoun N, Lesch K, et al. Altered expression and functions of serotonin 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptors in knock-out mice lacking the 5-HT transporter. Eur J Neurosci. 2000;12:2299-310 pubmed..Such effects were not detected in 5-HTT-/- mice, further confirming the occurrence of marked alterations of 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B autoreceptors in these animals. ..
- Duc Goiran P, Bourgeois C, Mignot T, Robert B, Tanguy G, Ferre F. Identification and expression of Go1 and Go2 alpha-subunit transcripts in human myometrium in relation to pregnancy. Biol Reprod. 1999;60:1528-35 pubmed..It is suggested that Goalpha gene expression in this tissue may contribute to modifications seen in the signaling pathways observed at the end of pregnancy. ..
- Drissi H, Lasmoles F, Le Mellay V, Marie P, Lieberherr M. Activation of phospholipase C-beta1 via Galphaq/11 during calcium mobilization by calcitonin gene-related peptide. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:20168-74 pubmed..Activation of PLC-beta1 by CGRP involves the Galphaq/11 subunit, which is insensitive to pertussis toxin, but not Gbeta gamma subunits. We therefore believe that CGRP causes the activation of two separate G-proteins. ..
- Icard Liepkalns C, Ravassard P, Liepkalns V, Chatail F, Mallet J. An ADP-ribosylation-factor(ARF)-like protein involved in regulated secretion. Eur J Biochem. 1997;246:388-93 pubmed..Collectively these results suggest that this ARL protein is a component of a regulated secretory pathway involved in Ca2(+)-dependent release of acetylcholine. ..
- Joberty G, Tavitian A, Zahraoui A. Isoprenylation of Rab proteins possessing a C-terminal CaaX motif. FEBS Lett. 1993;330:323-8 pubmed..Rab11 associates in vitro geranylgeranylpyrophosphate and farnesylpyrophosphate. Our study shows that the CaaX motif is required for isoprenylation. ..
- Strosberg A. Structure and function of the beta 3-adrenergic receptor. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 1997;37:421-50 pubmed..Taken together, these results now provide a consistent picture of an important role of the beta 3-adrenoceptor in the regulation of lipid metabolism and as an obvious target for drugs to treat some forms of obesity. ..
- Pizon V, Lerosey I, Chardin P, Tavitian A. Nucleotide sequence of a human cDNA encoding a ras-related protein (rap1B). Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:7719 pubmed
- Reibel L, Dorseuil O, Stancou R, Bertoglio J, Gacon G. A hemopoietic specific gene encoding a small GTP binding protein is overexpressed during T cell activation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;175:451-8 pubmed..Gx/rac 2 protein must fulfill a specific role in activated T cells that could provide a new model for studying the function of small G proteins. ..