Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on gene expression in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: gene expression
Publications312 found, 100 shown here
- Jackerott M, Baudry A, Lamothe B, Bucchini D, Jami J, Joshi R. Endocrine pancreas in insulin receptor-deficient mouse pups. Diabetes. 2001;50 Suppl 1:S146-9 pubmed..These findings are discussed in light of recent results suggesting a role of IR in beta-cell function. ..
- Padlewska K, Ramoz N, Cassonnet P, Riou G, Barrois M, Majewski S, et al. Mutation and abnormal expression of the p53 gene in the viral skin carcinogenesis of epidermodysplasia verruciformis. J Invest Dermatol. 2001;117:935-42 pubmed..The part played by human papillomavirus type 5 proteins expressed in epidermodysplasia verruciformis keratinocytes remains to be determined...
- Le Foll B, Diaz J, Sokoloff P. Increased dopamine D3 receptor expression accompanying behavioral sensitization to nicotine in rats. Synapse. 2003;47:176-83 pubmed..We propose that a similar mechanism is responsible for behavioral sensitization to nicotine. ..
- Benhamida S, Pflumio F, Dubart Kupperschmitt A, Zhao Emonet J, Cavazzana Calvo M, Rocchiccioli F, et al. Transduced CD34+ cells from adrenoleukodystrophy patients with HIV-derived vector mediate long-term engraftment of NOD/SCID mice. Mol Ther. 2003;7:317-24 pubmed..Transplantation of transduced ALD CD34(+) cells into NOD/SCID mice resulted in long-term expression of ALD protein in monocytes/macrophages derived from engrafted stem cells...
- Demeuse P, Fragner P, Leroy Noury C, Mercier C, Payen L, Fardel O, et al. Puromycin selectively increases mdr1a expression in immortalized rat brain endothelial cell lines. J Neurochem. 2004;88:23-31 pubmed..We conclude that GPNT cells may be used as a valuable rat in vitro model for studying the regulation of mdr1a expression at the BBB level...
- Laguette N, Brégnard C, Bouchet J, Benmerah A, Benichou S, Basmaciogullari S. Nef-induced CD4 endocytosis in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 host cells: role of p56lck kinase. J Virol. 2009;83:7117-28 pubmed publisher..Our results imply that Nef uses distinct mechanisms to downregulate the cell surface expression levels of CD4 in either lymphoid or myeloid target cells of HIV-1. ..
- Yau W, Blisnick T, Taly J, Helmer Citterich M, Schiene Fischer C, Leclercq O, et al. Cyclosporin A treatment of Leishmania donovani reveals stage-specific functions of cyclophilins in parasite proliferation and viability. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e729 pubmed publisher..The requirement of Leishmania CyP functions for intracellular parasite survival and their substantial divergence form host CyPs defines these proteins as prime drug targets. ..
- Jourdan N, Jobart Malfait A, Dos Reis G, Quignon F, Piolot T, Klein C, et al. Live-cell imaging reveals multiple interactions between Epstein-Barr virus nuclear antigen 1 and cellular chromatin during interphase and mitosis. J Virol. 2012;86:5314-29 pubmed publisher..Although the depletion of HMGB2 partly altered EBNA-1 association with chromatin in HeLa cells during interphase and mitosis, it did not significantly impact the maintenance of EBV episomes in Raji cells. ..
- Guizetti J, Martins R, Guadagnini S, Claës A, Scherf A. Nuclear pores and perinuclear expression sites of var and ribosomal DNA genes correspond to physically distinct regions in Plasmodium falciparum. Eukaryot Cell. 2013;12:697-702 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that P. falciparum does form compartments of high transcriptional activity at the nuclear periphery which are, unlike the case in yeast, devoid of nuclear pores. ..
- Elayeb R, Tamagne M, Bierling P, Noizat Pirenne F, Vingert B. Red blood cell alloimmunization is influenced by the delay between Toll-like receptor agonist injection and transfusion. Haematologica. 2016;101:209-18 pubmed publisher..This study clearly shows that the delay between transfusion and Toll-like receptor-induced inflammation influences the immune response to transfused red blood cells. ..
- Umbhauer M, Riou J, Spring J, Smith J, Boucaut J. Expression of tenascin mRNA in mesoderm during Xenopus laevis embryogenesis: the potential role of mesoderm patterning in tenascin regionalization. Development. 1992;116:147-57 pubmed
- Ott M, Bober E, Lyons G, Arnold H, Buckingham M. Early expression of the myogenic regulatory gene, myf-5, in precursor cells of skeletal muscle in the mouse embryo. Development. 1991;111:1097-107 pubmed..The time and place of myf-5 expression are consistent with a role in the early events of myogenic differentiation, possibly during determination of the myogenic lineage. ..
- Lyons G, Buckingham M, Tweedie S, Edwards Y. Carbonic anhydrase III, an early mesodermal marker, is expressed in embryonic mouse skeletal muscle and notochord. Development. 1991;111:233-44 pubmed..In addition to the notochord, CAIII transcripts are detected prenatally in several other non-muscle tissues: in cells of the choroid plexus, endocardial cushion and ureter, and in adipocytes. ..
- Costerousse O, Allegrini J, Huang H, Bounhik J, Alhenc Gelas F. Regulation of ACE gene expression and plasma levels during rat postnatal development. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:E745-53 pubmed..In the intestine, ACE mRNA levels and ACE activity were very high at birth and then decreased dramatically during the next 2 wk. In the kidney, they were low and decreased further during growth.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Janoueix Lerosey I, Pasheva E, de Tand M, Tavitian A, de Gunzburg J. Identification of a specific effector of the small GTP-binding protein Rap2. Eur J Biochem. 1998;252:290-8 pubmed..These data therefore argue for RPIP8 being a specific effector of the Rap2 protein in cells exhibiting neuronal properties. ..
- Rimbault B, Esposito D, Drapier D, Choquet Y, Stern D, Wollman F. Identification of the initiation codon for the atpB gene in Chlamydomonas chloroplasts excludes translation of a precursor form of the beta subunit of the ATP synthase. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;264:486-91 pubmed..We provide evidence that translation of atpB is initiated exclusively at the second ATG codon. We conclude that the beta subunit is not synthesized with an N-terminal leader before its assembly into a functional ATP synthase complex. ..
- Bergaya S, Meneton P, Bloch Faure M, Mathieu E, Alhenc Gelas F, Levy B, et al. Decreased flow-dependent dilation in carotid arteries of tissue kallikrein-knockout mice. Circ Res. 2001;88:593-9 pubmed..This study demonstrates the active contribution of the vascular kallikrein-kinin system to one-third of the flow-dependent dilation response via activation of B(2) receptors coupled to endothelial NO release. ..
- Bienvenu T, Poirier K, Friocourt G, Bahi N, Beaumont D, Fauchereau F, et al. ARX, a novel Prd-class-homeobox gene highly expressed in the telencephalon, is mutated in X-linked mental retardation. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:981-91 pubmed..The absence of detectable brain malformations in patients suggests that ARX may have an essential role, in mature neurons, required for the development of cognitive abilities. ..
- Ovejero C, Cavard C, Perianin A, Hakvoort T, Vermeulen J, Godard C, et al. Identification of the leukocyte cell-derived chemotaxin 2 as a direct target gene of beta-catenin in the liver. Hepatology. 2004;40:167-76 pubmed..Since HCC develops mainly in patients with chronic hepatitis or cirrhosis induced by viral or inflammatory factors, understanding the role of LECT2 in liver carcinogenesis is of interest and may lead to new therapeutic perspectives. ..
- Fournier T, Tsatsaris V, Handschuh K, Evain Brion D. PPARs and the placenta. Placenta. 2007;28:65-76 pubmed
- Laurent C, Valet F, Planque N, Silveri L, Maacha S, Anezo O, et al. High PTP4A3 phosphatase expression correlates with metastatic risk in uveal melanoma patients. Cancer Res. 2011;71:666-74 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that PTP4A3 or its cellular substrates could constitute attractive therapeutic targets to treat metastatic uveal melanomas...
- Veyrier F, Boneca I, Cellier M, Taha M. A novel metal transporter mediating manganese export (MntX) regulates the Mn to Fe intracellular ratio and Neisseria meningitidis virulence. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002261 pubmed publisher..The present work thus points to new clues about Mn homeostasis, its interplay with Fe metabolism and the influence on N. meningitidis physiology and pathogenicity...
- Mills M, Arimondo P, Lacroix L, Garestier T, Klump H, Mergny J. Chemical modification of the third strand: differential effects on purine and pyrimidine triple helix formation. Biochemistry. 2002;41:357-66 pubmed..This purine-to-pyrimidine triplex conversion depends on the chemical nature of the triplex-forming strands and the stability of the corresponding triplexes. ..
- Rahuel C, Filipe A, Ritie L, El Nemer W, Patey Mariaud N, Eladari D, et al. Genetic inactivation of the laminin alpha5 chain receptor Lu/BCAM leads to kidney and intestinal abnormalities in the mouse. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F393-406 pubmed
- Dahmane N, Charron G, Lopes C, Yaspo M, Maunoury C, Decorte L, et al. Down syndrome-critical region contains a gene homologous to Drosophila sim expressed during rat and human central nervous system development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:9191-5 pubmed..The expression pattern of this gene suggests that it might be involved in the pathogenesis of some of the morphological features and brain anomalies observed in Down syndrome. ..
- Tournamille C, Le Van Kim C, Gane P, Cartron J, Colin Y. Molecular basis and PCR-DNA typing of the Fya/fyb blood group polymorphism. Hum Genet. 1995;95:407-10 pubmed
- DiSanto J, Certain S, Wilson A, MacDonald H, Avner P, Fischer A, et al. The murine interleukin-2 receptor gamma chain gene: organization, chromosomal localization and expression in the adult thymus. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:3014-8 pubmed..Genomic clones for the murine IL-2R gamma will allow for further studies on the regulation and function of this gene in vivo. ..
- Vallet V, Henrion A, Bucchini D, Casado M, Raymondjean M, Kahn A, et al. Glucose-dependent liver gene expression in upstream stimulatory factor 2 -/- mice. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:21944-9 pubmed..In this paper, we provide the first evidence that USF2 proteins are required in vivo for a normal transcriptional response of L-type pyruvate kinase and Spot 14 genes to glucose in the liver. ..
- Stumptner Cuvelette P, Morchoisne S, Dugast M, Le Gall S, Raposo G, Schwartz O, et al. HIV-1 Nef impairs MHC class II antigen presentation and surface expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:12144-9 pubmed..Cooperation between those mechanisms may enable Nef to efficiently inhibit MHC II function. ..
- Allan G, Tonner E, Barber M, Travers M, Shand J, Vernon R, et al. Growth hormone, acting in part through the insulin-like growth factor axis, rescues developmental, but not metabolic, activity in the mammary gland of mice expressing a single allele of the prolactin receptor. Endocrinology. 2002;143:4310-9 pubmed..This may be due to the maintenance by GH/IGF-I of a proliferative, rather than a differentiative, phenotype. ..
- Lhuillier P, Rode B, Escalier D, Lores P, Dirami T, Bienvenu T, et al. Absence of annulus in human asthenozoospermia: case report. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:1296-303 pubmed publisher..The case we studied, so far unreported in human, confirms the involvement of Tat1 and Septin proteins in the constitution of the annulus, but also raises questions about the function of this structure in human sperm motility. ..
- Alves Guerra M, Aheng C, Pecqueur C, Masscheleyn S, Tharaux P, Druilhe A, et al. Analysis of uncoupling protein 2-deficient mice upon anaesthesia and sedation revealed a role for UCP2 in locomotion. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41846 pubmed publisher..Together, these results show that UCP2 is rapidly mobilized during anaesthesia and sedation in immune cells, and suggest a role of UCP2 in locomotion. ..
- Saclier M, Yacoub Youssef H, Mackey A, Arnold L, Ardjoune H, Magnan M, et al. Differentially activated macrophages orchestrate myogenic precursor cell fate during human skeletal muscle regeneration. Stem Cells. 2013;31:384-96 pubmed publisher..These results support the emerging concept that inflammation, through MP activation, controls stem cell fate and coordinates tissue repair. ..
- Forand A, Beck L, Leroy C, Rousseau A, Boitez V, Cohen I, et al. EKLF-driven PIT1 expression is critical for mouse erythroid maturation in vivo and in vitro. Blood. 2013;121:666-78 pubmed publisher..This is the first demonstration of a physiologic involvement of PIT1 in erythroid maturation in vivo. ..
- Legay C, Huchet M, Massoulie J, Changeux J. Developmental regulation of acetylcholinesterase transcripts in the mouse diaphragm: alternative splicing and focalization. Eur J Neurosci. 1995;7:1803-9 pubmed..This suggests that a common control mechanism ensures the synaptic focalization of mRNAs encoding the cholinergic proteins AChE and acetylcholine receptor during muscle development. ..
- Ferran C, Dautry F, Merite S, Sheehan K, Schreiber R, Grau G, et al. Anti-tumor necrosis factor modulates anti-CD3-triggered T cell cytokine gene expression in vivo. J Clin Invest. 1994;93:2189-96 pubmed..Taken together, these results strongly argue for the existence, in the anti-CD3-induced cytokine cascade, of IFN gamma-dependent regulation of IL-3 production, which in turn modulates IL-6 production. ..
- Tajbakhsh S, Buckingham M. Lineage restriction of the myogenic conversion factor myf-5 in the brain. Development. 1995;121:4077-83 pubmed..These observations raise questions about the role of myf-5 in neurogenesis as well as myogenesis, and introduce a new lineage marker for the developing brain. ..
- Viollet L, Bertrandy S, Bueno Brunialti A, Lefebvre S, Burlet P, Clermont O, et al. cDNA isolation, expression, and chromosomal localization of the mouse survival motor neuron gene (Smn). Genomics. 1997;40:185-8 pubmed..However, no evidence for a duplication of the Smn gene was found in the mouse, suggesting that the duplication reported in human is a recent evolutionary event. ..
- Barale J, Attal Bonnefoy G, Brahimi K, Pereira da Silva L, Langsley G. Plasmodium falciparum asparagine and aspartate rich protein 2 is an evolutionary conserved protein whose repeats identify a new family of parasite antigens. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 1997;87:169-81 pubmed..Interestingly, the non-repeated N- and C-termini of PfAARP2 display significant similarity to two yeast and human predicted proteins, and its possible function is discussed. ..
- Ardaillou N, Placier S, Striker L, Striker G, Ardaillou R. Mesangial cells from diabetic NOD mice constitutively express increased density of atrial natriuretic peptide C receptors. Kidney Int. 1999;55:1293-302 pubmed..This could be due to the lesser availability of the peptides for binding to NPR-A or NPR-B or to an inhibitory effect on NP-dependent guanylate cyclase activity via the activation of NPR-C. ..
- Crescenzo Chaigne B, Naffakh N, Van Der Werf S. Comparative analysis of the ability of the polymerase complexes of influenza viruses type A, B and C to assemble into functional RNPs that allow expression and replication of heterotypic model RNA templates in vivo. Virology. 1999;265:342-53 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that less strict type-specific interactions are involved for the polymerase complex of influenza A compared with influenza B or C viruses. ..
- Tarrade A, Lai Kuen R, Malassine A, Tricottet V, Blain P, Vidaud M, et al. Characterization of human villous and extravillous trophoblasts isolated from first trimester placenta. Lab Invest. 2001;81:1199-211 pubmed..Interestingly, TGFbeta2 was a marker of EVCT in vitro and in situ. These data offer a new tool for cell biologists to study the molecular mechanisms involved in human placental development and its pathology...
- Lebon P, Meritet J, Krivine A, Rozenberg F. Interferon and Aicardi-Goutières syndrome. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2002;6 Suppl A:A47-53; discussion A55-8, A77-86 pubmed
- Delaunay J, Durand Schneider A, Delautier D, Rada A, Gautherot J, Jacquemin E, et al. A missense mutation in ABCB4 gene involved in progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 3 leads to a folding defect that can be rescued by low temperature. Hepatology. 2009;49:1218-27 pubmed publisher..After shifting cells to 27 degrees C, ABCB1-I541F was expressed at the apical cell surface in a mature and active form. Similarly, ABCB4 was significantly trafficked to the membrane of bile canaliculi in HepG2 cells...
- Gangnard S, Tuikue Ndam N, Gnidehou S, Quiviger M, Juillerat A, Faure G, et al. Functional and immunological characterization of the var2CSA-DBL5epsilon domain of a placental Plasmodium falciparum isolate. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2010;173:115-22 pubmed publisher..The presence of universal epitopes thus supports DBL5epsilon as an interesting component of var2CSA to be considered for vaccine development. ..
- Mutch D, Pers T, Temanni M, Pelloux V, Márquez Quiñones A, Holst C, et al. A distinct adipose tissue gene expression response to caloric restriction predicts 6-mo weight maintenance in obese subjects. Am J Clin Nutr. 2011;94:1399-409 pubmed publisher..This study suggests that LCD-induced changes in insulin secretion and scAT gene expression may have the potential to predict successful short-term weight maintenance. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00390637. ..
- Urios P, Duprez D, Le Caer J, Courtois Y, Vigny M, Laurent M. Molecular cloning of RI-HB, a heparin binding protein regulated by retinoic acid. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;175:617-24 pubmed..Northern blot analysis indicates that RI-HB mRNA is strongly expressed during early chicken embryogenesis and that it is induced by retinoic acid treatment of chicken fibroblasts and myotubes in culture. ..
- Rosmorduc O, Petit M, Pol S, Capel F, Bortolotti F, Berthelot P, et al. In vivo and in vitro expression of defective hepatitis B virus particles generated by spliced hepatitis B virus RNA. Hepatology. 1995;22:10-9 pubmed..These observations may be consistent with a role of these defective hepatitis B virus (HBV) particles in viral persistence. ..
- Buckingham M. Muscle differentiation. Which myogenic factors make muscle?. Curr Biol. 1994;4:61-3 pubmed..Mice lacking myogenin have little skeletal muscle as fibres fail to differentiate. Lack of both MyoD and myf-5 results in no skeletal muscle and apparently no myoblasts, suggesting that these factors act earlier in muscle development. ..
- Zahraoui A, Joberty G, Arpin M, Fontaine J, Hellio R, Tavitian A, et al. A small rab GTPase is distributed in cytoplasmic vesicles in non polarized cells but colocalizes with the tight junction marker ZO-1 in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1994;124:101-15 pubmed..The participation of rab13 in polarized transport, in the assembly and/or the activity of tight junctions is discussed. ..
- Simon S, Krejci E, Massoulie J. A four-to-one association between peptide motifs: four C-terminal domains from cholinesterase assemble with one proline-rich attachment domain (PRAD) in the secretory pathway. EMBO J. 1998;17:6178-87 pubmed..These quaternary interactions can form without intercatenary disulfide bonds. The common catalytic domains of AChE are not necessary for tetrameric assembly, although they may contribute to the stability of the tetramer...
- Martres M, Demeneix B, Hanoun N, Hamon M, Giros B. Up- and down-expression of the dopamine transporter by plasmid DNA transfer in the rat brain. Eur J Neurosci. 1998;10:3607-16 pubmed..These data indicate that non-viral transfer of the sense or antisense coding sequence of DAT can be used as a novel approach to induce long-term changes in central DA neurotransmission. ..
- Adrian Cabestre F, Moreau P, Riteau B, Ibrahim E, Le Danff C, Dausset J, et al. HLA-G expression in human melanoma cells: protection from NK cytolysis. J Reprod Immunol. 1999;43:183-93 pubmed..Together, these results confirm that HLA-G expression at the surface of tumor cells can participate in the evasion of antitumoral immune responses and favor tumor progression. ..
- Pourcel C, Jaubert J, Hadchouel M, Wu X, Schweizer J. A new family of genes and pseudogenes potentially expressing testis- and brain-specific leucine zipper proteins in man and mouse. Gene. 2000;249:105-13 pubmed..Interestingly, although the human pseudogene is highly mutated in human, in the mouse it has only four nucleotide changes compared with the cDNA of origin, and is still capable of encoding a protein. ..
- Marionnet C, Bernerd F, Dumas A, Verrecchia F, Mollier K, Compan D, et al. Modulation of gene expression induced in human epidermis by environmental stress in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:1447-58 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that MRP8 and MRP14 may be general, yet highly sensitive, markers for a great variety of skin stresses and that they are implicated in several epidermal repair pathways. ..
- Manhes C, Kayser C, Bertheau P, Kelder B, Kopchick J, Kelly P, et al. Local over-expression of prolactin in differentiating mouse mammary gland induces functional defects and benign lesions, but no carcinoma. J Endocrinol. 2006;190:271-85 pubmed..This deserves further investigations on the emerging concept that autocrine PRL may have different effects on pathological development of the mammary gland depending on the differentiation state of the latter. ..
- Matsuoka S, Dam E, Lecossier D, Clavel F, Hance A. Modulation of HIV-1 infectivity and cyclophilin A-dependence by Gag sequence and target cell type. Retrovirology. 2009;6:21 pubmed publisher..Two of the cellular activities involved appear to be modulated in opposite directions by CypA-CA interactions, and Gag sequences determine the intrinsic sensitivity of a given virus to each of these cellular activities. ..
- Torrieri Dramard L, Lambrecht B, Ferreira H, van den Berg T, Klatzmann D, Bellier B. Intranasal DNA vaccination induces potent mucosal and systemic immune responses and cross-protective immunity against influenza viruses. Mol Ther. 2011;19:602-11 pubmed publisher..Our observations warrant further investigation of intranasal DNA as an effective vaccination route. ..
- Breuer M, Kolano A, Kwon M, Li C, Tsai T, Pellman D, et al. HURP permits MTOC sorting for robust meiotic spindle bipolarity, similar to extra centrosome clustering in cancer cells. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1251-60 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, HURP is also required for the clustering of extra centrosomes before division, arguing for a shared molecular requirement of MTOC sorting in mammalian meiosis and cancer cell division. ..
- Kerroch M, Alfieri C, Dorison A, Boffa J, Chatziantoniou C, Dussaule J. Protective effects of genetic inhibition of Discoidin Domain Receptor 1 in experimental renal disease. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21262 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting DDR1 can be a promising strategy in the treatment of chronic kidney disease. ..
- Blumenfeld M, Maury M, Chouard T, Yaniv M, Condamine H. Hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) shows a wider distribution than products of its known target genes in developing mouse. Development. 1991;113:589-99 pubmed..These experiments show that, even though the HNF1 homeo-protein is essential for expression of many liver-specific genes, it cannot, by itself, force high expression levels of these genes, in non-hepatic tissues. ..
- Haddad P, Jenne D, Tschopp J, Clement M, Mathieu Mahul D, Sasportes M. Structure and evolutionary origin of the human granzyme H gene. Int Immunol. 1991;3:57-66 pubmed..Thus, granzyme H does not represent a human counterpart of the known murine granzymes A to G. It diverged from cathepsin G before mammalian radiation and should, therefore, exist in other mammalian lineages as well. ..
- Seigneurin Venin S, Song M, Pincon Raymond M, Rieger F, Garcia L. Restoration of normal ultrastructure after expression of the alpha 1 subunit of the L-type Ca2+ channel in dysgenic myotubes. FEBS Lett. 1994;342:129-34 pubmed
- Soudais C, de Villartay J, Le Deist F, Fischer A, Lisowska Grospierre B. Independent mutations of the human CD3-epsilon gene resulting in a T cell receptor/CD3 complex immunodeficiency. Nat Genet. 1993;3:77-81 pubmed
- Tissier F, Louvel A, Grabar S, Hagnéré A, Bertherat J, Vacher Lavenu M, et al. Cyclin E correlates with malignancy and adverse prognosis in adrenocortical tumors. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004;150:809-17 pubmed..014, RR: 14.9), 11p15 UPD (P=0.003, RR: 11.8) and overexpression of the IGF-II gene (P=0.015, RR: 13.8). This study shows that cyclin E overproduction is of adverse prognostic significance in adrenocortical tumors. ..
- Armand A, Pariset C, Laziz I, Launay T, Fiore F, Della Gaspera B, et al. FGF6 regulates muscle differentiation through a calcineurin-dependent pathway in regenerating soleus of adult mice. J Cell Physiol. 2005;204:297-308 pubmed..At high doses, FGF6 stimulates the proliferation of the myogenic stem cells, whereas at lower doses it regulates both muscle differentiation and muscle phenotype via a calcineurin-signaling pathway. ..
- Candeias M, Powell D, Roubalova E, Apcher S, Bourougaa K, Vojtesek B, et al. Expression of p53 and p53/47 are controlled by alternative mechanisms of messenger RNA translation initiation. Oncogene. 2006;25:6936-47 pubmed..This sheds new light into the way p53 can integrate and differentiate a large multiplicity of changes in the cellular environment. ..
- Andre S, Kerfourn F, Affaticati P, Guerci A, Ravassard P, Fellah J. Highly restricted diversity of TCR delta chains of the amphibian Mexican axolotl (Ambystoma mexicanum) in peripheral tissues. Eur J Immunol. 2007;37:1621-33 pubmed..Gene expression analysis showed the importance of the gut in T cell development. ..
- Mao K, Camparo P, Badoual C, Peyromaure M, Delongchamps N, Vieillefond A, et al. The association of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 with the risk of cancer progression following radical prostatectomy. Oncol Rep. 2008;19:171-5 pubmed..Our results suggest that VEGFR-1 expression is not associated with the risk of cancer progression following RP. Therefore, VEGFR-1 may not be of prognostic value in clinically-localized PCa. ..
- Depondt J, Shabana E, Walker F, Pibouin L, Lezot F, Berdal A. Nasal inverted papilloma expresses the muscle segment homeobox gene Msx2: possible prognostic implications. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:350-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Msx2 expression may represent a useful prognostic marker in inverted papilloma...
- Raymond B, Batsche E, Boutillon F, Wu Y, Leduc D, Balloy V, et al. Anthrax lethal toxin impairs IL-8 expression in epithelial cells through inhibition of histone H3 modification. PLoS Pathog. 2009;5:e1000359 pubmed publisher..This epigenetic reprogramming, in addition to previously reported effects of LT, may represent an efficient strategy used by B. anthracis for invading the host. ..
- Essabbani A, Margottin Goguet F, Chiocchia G. Identification of clusterin domain involved in NF-kappaB pathway regulation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4273-7 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we showed that DeltaCLU could localize both in the cytoplasm and in the nucleus. These results demonstrate the identification of a new CLU activity site involved in NF-kappaB pathway regulation. ..
- Rolando M, Sanulli S, Rusniok C, Gomez Valero L, Bertholet C, Sahr T, et al. Legionella pneumophila effector RomA uniquely modifies host chromatin to repress gene expression and promote intracellular bacterial replication. Cell Host Microbe. 2013;13:395-405 pubmed publisher..Thus, a secreted L. pneumophila effector targets the host cell nucleus and modifies histones to repress gene expression and promote efficient intracellular replication...
- Coussy F, Lallemand F, Vacher S, Schnitzler A, Chemlali W, Caly M, et al. Clinical value of R-spondins in triple-negative and metaplastic breast cancers. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1595-1603 pubmed publisher..RSPO overexpression could therefore be a new prognostic biomarker and therapeutic target for TNBC. ..
- Kirszenbaum M, Moreau P, Teyssier M, Lafon C, Gluckman E, Dausset J, et al. Evidence for the presence of the alternatively spliced HLA-G mRNA forms in human mononuclear cells from peripheral blood and umbilical cord blood. Hum Immunol. 1995;43:237-41 pubmed..In contrast, we did not revealed any HLA-G transcript in CD34+ fraction of cord blood cells. ..
- Patry C, Sibille Y, Lehuen A, Monteiro R. Identification of Fc alpha receptor (CD89) isoforms generated by alternative splicing that are differentially expressed between blood monocytes and alveolar macrophages. J Immunol. 1996;156:4442-8 pubmed..2 isoform, that might have physiologic relevance in IgA-mediated host defense at mucosal sites. ..
- Nicol X, Muzerelle A, Bachy I, Ravary A, Gaspar P. Spatiotemporal localization of the calcium-stimulated adenylate cyclases, AC1 and AC8, during mouse brain development. J Comp Neurol. 2005;486:281-94 pubmed..Transient expression of these genes designate areas that may be particularly sensitive to neural activity/calcium-modulated cAMP responses during development. ..
- Handschuh K, Guibourdenche J, Cocquebert M, Tsatsaris V, Vidaud M, Evain Brion D, et al. Expression and regulation by PPARgamma of hCG alpha- and beta-subunits: comparison between villous and invasive extravillous trophoblastic cells. Placenta. 2009;30:1016-22 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that hCG gene expression is differentially regulated in the two trophoblast lineages during their in vitro differentiation and modulated in an opposite way by PPARgamma. ..
- Joutel A. Pathogenesis of CADASIL: transgenic and knock-out mice to probe function and dysfunction of the mutated gene, Notch3, in the cerebrovasculature. Bioessays. 2011;33:73-80 pubmed publisher..In this paper, I provide a critical overview of these studies. Moreover, I discuss future directions and further work that needs to be done. ..
- Chabot S, Salez L, McCormack F, Touqui L, Chignard M. Surfactant protein A inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced in vivo production of interleukin-10 by mononuclear phagocytes during lung inflammation. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2003;28:347-53 pubmed..In summary, this study demonstrates for the first time an in vivo inhibitory role of SP-A on the anti-inflammatory activity of MP, through inhibition of IL-10 production. ..
- Moura I, Arcos Fajardo M, Gdoura A, Leroy V, Sadaka C, Mahlaoui N, et al. Engagement of transferrin receptor by polymeric IgA1: evidence for a positive feedback loop involving increased receptor expression and mesangial cell proliferation in IgA nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:2667-76 pubmed
- Khallou Laschet J, Caligiuri G, Groyer E, Tupin E, Gaston A, Poirier B, et al. The proatherogenic role of T cells requires cell division and is dependent on the stage of the disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:353-8 pubmed..The present study, therefore, shows that the proatherogenic potential of T cells is crucial in the progression of fatty streaks to mature plaques and requires cell division. ..
- Amessou M, Tahiri K, Chauvet G, Desbuquois B. Age-related changes in insulin receptor mRNA and protein expression in genetically obese Zucker rats. Diabetes Metab. 2010;36:120-8 pubmed publisher..These data show that obese Zucker rats display age-related alterations of IR gene expression at both pre- and post-translational stages and, in particular, increased endocytosis and degradation of IR protein. ..
- León Ortiz A, Reid R, Dittmar J, Rothstein R, Nicolas A. Srs2 overexpression reveals a helicase-independent role at replication forks that requires diverse cell functions. DNA Repair (Amst). 2011;10:506-17 pubmed publisher..This helicase-independent function is responsible for the negative interactions with DNA metabolism genes and for the toxicity of SRS2 overexpression in many of the diverse cellular pathways revealed in our screens. ..
- Stierle V, Laigle A, Jolles B. The reduction of P-glycoprotein expression by small interfering RNAs is improved in exponentially growing cells. Oligonucleotides. 2004;14:191-8 pubmed..Nonspecific effects occurring at moderate (100 nM) siRNA concentration have been shown. Two efficient siRNAs led to a very satisfactory P-gp extinction (only 20% P-gp expression remaining) with siRNA concentration as low as 20 nM. ..
- Durand P, Labarre L, Meil A, Divo J, Vandenbrouck Y, Viari A, et al. GenoLink: a graph-based querying and browsing system for investigating the function of genes and proteins. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:21 pubmed..Both distributions are free for academic research and teaching purposes and can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org. A commercial licence form can be obtained for profit company at email@example.com. See also http://www.genostar.org. ..
- Denoyer A, Godefroy D, Celerier I, Frugier J, Riancho L, Baudouin F, et al. CX3CL1 expression in the conjunctiva is involved in immune cell trafficking during toxic ocular surface inflammation. Mucosal Immunol. 2012;5:702-11 pubmed publisher..This translational study opens new avenue to investigate ocular surface disorders by focusing on chemokine-related inflammation and immune cell trafficking in the ocular conjunctival mucosa. ..