Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna sequence analysis in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: dna sequence analysis
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- Falchi A, Varesi L, Arena C, Leveque N, Renois F, Blanchon T, et al. Co-circulation of two genetically distinct sub-groups of A/H3N2 influenza strains during the 2006-2007 epidemic season in Corsica Island, France. J Clin Virol. 2009;45:265-8 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that a prospective analysis of the HA sequences of influenza isolates may allow an early detection of newly evolved variants with potential epidemiological inference. ..
- Le Péchon T, Dubuisson J, Haevermans T, Cruaud C, Couloux A, Gigord L. Multiple colonizations from Madagascar and converged acquisition of dioecy in the Mascarene Dombeyoideae (Malvaceae) as inferred from chloroplast and nuclear DNA sequence analyses. Ann Bot. 2010;106:343-57 pubmed publisher..Sex separation appears as an evolutionary convergence and may be the consequence of selective pressures particular to insular environments. ..
- Rida S, Caillet J, Alix J. Amplification of a novel gene, sanA, abolishes a vancomycin-sensitive defect in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:94-102 pubmed..coli chromosome by homologous recombination, is perfectly viable, but after two generations at high temperature (43 degrees C), the barrier function of its envelope towards vancomycin is defective...
- Le Goas F, May P, Ronco P, Caron de Fromentel C. cDNA cloning and immunological characterization of rabbit p53. Gene. 1997;185:169-73 pubmed..Immunoprecipitation of the cDNA-encoded protein by monoclonal antibodies specific for mammalian p53 has confirmed the identity of the protein. ..
- Mazel D, Co c E, Blanchard S, Saurin W, Marli re P. A survey of polypeptide deformylase function throughout the eubacterial lineage. J Mol Biol. 1997;266:939-49 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the species of origin of each protein appears to be more recognizable than its function, considering only its amino acid composition...
- Hennig D, Scales S, Moreau A, Murley L, De Mey J, Kreis T. A formiminotransferase cyclodeaminase isoform is localized to the Golgi complex and can mediate interaction of trans-Golgi network-derived vesicles with microtubules. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19602-11 pubmed
- Letoffe S, Redeker V, Wandersman C. Isolation and characterization of an extracellular haem-binding protein from Pseudomonas aeruginosa that shares function and sequence similarities with the Serratia marcescens HasA haemophore. Mol Microbiol. 1998;28:1223-34 pubmed..HasAp, like HasA, lacks a signal peptide and is secreted by an ABC transporter. These findings show that haemophore-dependent haem acquisition is not unique to S. marcescens...
- Charbit A, Autret N. Horizontal transfer of chromosomal DNA between the marine bacterium Vibrio furnissii and Escherichia coli revealed by sequence analysis. Microb Comp Genomics. 1998;3:119-32 pubmed..furnissii. These observations strongly support the idea of a horizontal transfer of the chromosomally encoded man operon of V. furnissii into the E. coli genome. ..
- Pourcel C, Jaubert J, Hadchouel M, Wu X, Schweizer J. A new family of genes and pseudogenes potentially expressing testis- and brain-specific leucine zipper proteins in man and mouse. Gene. 2000;249:105-13 pubmed..Interestingly, although the human pseudogene is highly mutated in human, in the mouse it has only four nucleotide changes compared with the cDNA of origin, and is still capable of encoding a protein. ..
- Servant A, Laperche S, Lallemand F, Marinho V, De Saint Maur G, Meritet J, et al. Genetic diversity within human erythroviruses: identification of three genotypes. J Virol. 2002;76:9124-34 pubmed
- Flamant S, Pescher P, Lemercier B, Clément Ziza M, Képès F, Fellous M, et al. Characterization of a putative type IV aminophospholipid transporter P-type ATPase. Mamm Genome. 2003;14:21-30 pubmed..We discuss the involvement of the Atp10d gene in the fat-prone phenotype of the C57BL/6 strain and its physical mapping within a QTL associated with HDL-cholesterol levels. ..
- Vigneau S, Rohrlich P, Brahic M, Bureau J. Tmevpg1, a candidate gene for the control of Theiler's virus persistence, could be implicated in the regulation of gamma interferon. J Virol. 2003;77:5632-8 pubmed..Therefore, Tmevpg1 is a strong candidate gene for the Tmevp3 locus and may be involved in the control of Ifng gene expression. ..
- Stevanin G, Durr A, Dussert C, Penet C, Brice A. Mutations in the FGF14 gene are not a major cause of spinocerebellar ataxia in Caucasians. Neurology. 2004;63:936 pubmed
- Buhard O, Suraweera N, Lectard A, Duval A, Hamelin R. Quasimonomorphic mononucleotide repeats for high-level microsatellite instability analysis. Dis Markers. 2004;20:251-7 pubmed..We have already proposed a pentaplex MSI screening test comprising 5 quasimonomorphic mononucleotide repeats. This article compares the advantages of mono or dinucleotide repeats in determining microsatellite instability. ..
- Yera H, Estran C, Delaunay P, Gari Toussaint M, Dupouy Camet J, Marty P. Putative Diphyllobothrium nihonkaiense acquired from a Pacific salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) eaten in France; genomic identification and case report. Parasitol Int. 2006;55:45-9 pubmed..The species diagnosis was made by molecular analysis of two mitochondrial genes (COI & ND3). This case is rather unusual in that D. nihonkaiense has never been reported along the Pacific coast of North America...
- Jager M, Quéinnec E, Houliston E, Manuel M. Expansion of the SOX gene family predated the emergence of the Bilateria. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2006;39:468-77 pubmed..In contrast, gene loss appears to have occurred in the nematode and probably in other protostome lineages, explaining their lower number of SOX genes. ..
- Derelle R, Manuel M. Ancient connection between NKL genes and the mesoderm? Insights from Tlx expression in a ctenophore. Dev Genes Evol. 2007;217:253-61 pubmed..Because we failed to detect any mesodermal expression, the results do not provide support to the hypothesis of an ancient functional association between the NKL group and the mesoderm...
- Coppee J. Do DNA microarrays have their future behind them?. Microbes Infect. 2008;10:1067-71 pubmed publisher..This review will discuss on this paradoxical situation. ..
- Monfort L, Caro V, Devaux Z, Delannoy A, Brisse S, Sednaoui P. First neisseria gonorrhoeae genotyping analysis in france: identification of a strain cluster with reduced susceptibility to Ceftriaxone. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:3540-5 pubmed publisher..Of note, no predominant ST was identified among rectal isolates from men who have sex with men. ..
- Luo D, Leautey J, Grunberg Manago M, Putzer H. Structure and regulation of expression of the Bacillus subtilis valyl-tRNA synthetase gene. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:2472-8 pubmed..Disruption of the valS gene was not lethal, suggesting the existence of a second gene, as is the case for both the thrS and the tyrS genes. ..
- Dallenne C, Da Costa A, Decré D, Favier C, Arlet G. Development of a set of multiplex PCR assays for the detection of genes encoding important beta-lactamases in Enterobacteriaceae. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:490-5 pubmed publisher..This method allowed direct sequencing from the PCR products. ..
- Lasserre C, Simon M, Ishikawa H, Diriong S, Nguyen V, Christa L, et al. Structural organization and chromosomal localization of a human gene (HIP/PAP) encoding a C-type lectin overexpressed in primary liver cancer. Eur J Biochem. 1994;224:29-38 pubmed..Finally, the sequence of the 5' upstream region of the HIP gene shows several potential regulatory elements which might account for the enhanced expression of the gene during pancreatic inflammation and liver carcinogenesis. ..
- Salomon R, Attie T, Pelet A, Bidaud C, Eng C, Amiel J, et al. Germline mutations of the RET ligand GDNF are not sufficient to cause Hirschsprung disease. Nat Genet. 1996;14:345-7 pubmed..These data prompted us to hypothesize that mutations of the gene encoding GDNF could either cause or modulate the HSCR phenotype in some cases. ..
- Mesnage S, Tosi Couture E, Mock M, Gounon P, Fouet A. Molecular characterization of the Bacillus anthracis main S-layer component: evidence that it is the major cell-associated antigen. Mol Microbiol. 1997;23:1147-55 pubmed..Electron microscopy studies and in vivo experiments with the constructed mutants showed that EA1 constitutes the main lattice of the B. anthracis S-layer, and is the major cell-associated antigen...
- Kelly R, Zammit P, Schneider A, Alonso S, Biben C, Buckingham M. Embryonic and fetal myogenic programs act through separate enhancers at the MLC1F/3F locus. Dev Biol. 1997;187:183-99 pubmed..These results suggest that temporal regulation of transcription at the MLC1F/3F locus is controlled by separate enhancers which are differentially activated during embryonic and fetal development. ..
- Poyart C, Mugnier P, Quesne G, Berche P, Trieu Cuot P. A novel extended-spectrum TEM-type beta-lactamase (TEM-52) associated with decreased susceptibility to moxalactam in Klebsiella pneumoniae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 1998;42:108-13 pubmed..16 microM) was 10-fold higher than that of TEM-3 (Ki, 1.9 microM). Allelic replacement analysis revealed that the combination of Lys104, Thr182, and Ser238 was responsible for the increase in the MICs of MOX for the TEM-52 producers...
- Yamaoka S, Courtois G, Bessia C, Whiteside S, Weil R, Agou F, et al. Complementation cloning of NEMO, a component of the IkappaB kinase complex essential for NF-kappaB activation. Cell. 1998;93:1231-40 pubmed..3E2, in which the protein is also absent, allowing us to demonstrate that this factor is required not only for Tax but also for LPS, PMA, and IL-1 stimulation of NF-kappaB activity. ..
- Zucman Rossi J, Legoix P, Der Sarkissian H, Cheret G, Sor F, Bernardi A, et al. NF2 gene in neurofibromatosis type 2 patients. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:2095-101 pubmed..The remaining three patients who express two functional NF2 alleles are all sporadic cases, an observation compatible with the presence of mosaicism for NF2 mutation. ..
- Bonne G, Di Barletta M, Varnous S, Becane H, Hammouda E, Merlini L, et al. Mutations in the gene encoding lamin A/C cause autosomal dominant Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy. Nat Genet. 1999;21:285-8 pubmed..Together with mutations in EMD (refs 5,6), they underscore the potential importance of the nuclear envelope components in the pathogenesis of neuromuscular disorders...
- Milohanic E, Pron B, Berche P, Gaillard J. Identification of new loci involved in adhesion of Listeria monocytogenes to eukaryotic cells. European Listeria Genome Consortium. Microbiology. 2000;146 ( Pt 3):731-9 pubmed publisher..Thus new regions involved in the adhesion of L. monocytogenes to eukaryotic cells were identified. Further study is required to define more accurately the roles of these regions in the adhesion process itself...
- Moreira D, Kervestin S, Jean Jean O, Philippe H. Evolution of eukaryotic translation elongation and termination factors: variations of evolutionary rate and genetic code deviations. Mol Biol Evol. 2002;19:189-200 pubmed
- Rouhan G, Dubuisson J, Rakotondrainibe F, Motley T, Mickel J, Labat J, et al. Molecular phylogeny of the fern genus Elaphoglossum (Elaphoglossaceae) based on chloroplast non-coding DNA sequences: contributions of species from the Indian Ocean area. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2004;33:745-63 pubmed..cuspidatum-E. succisaefolium; E. doanense-E. hornei. Placement of the species from the Indian Ocean suggests that at least 13 long-distance dispersal events occurred between the Neotropics and the Indian Ocean-Africa. ..
- Chapeland Leclerc F, Bouchoux J, Goumar A, Chastin C, Villard J, Noel T. Inactivation of the FCY2 gene encoding purine-cytosine permease promotes cross-resistance to flucytosine and fluconazole in Candida lusitaniae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:3101-8 pubmed..The results of this study provide molecular evidence that inactivation of the sole FCY2 gene promotes cross-resistance to the antifungal association 5FC-FLC in C. lusitaniae. ..
- Calattini S, Nerrienet E, Mauclere P, Georges Courbot M, Saib A, Gessain A. Detection and molecular characterization of foamy viruses in Central African chimpanzees of the Pan troglodytes troglodytes and Pan troglodytes vellerosus subspecies. J Med Primatol. 2006;35:59-66 pubmed..This zoonotic infection was demonstrated mainly after bites by chimpanzees [Pan troglodytes (P. t.)] of the West African P. t. verus subspecies in primatology centers or zoos in the USA...
- Peron S, Pan Hammarstrom Q, Imai K, Du L, Taubenheim N, Sanal O, et al. A primary immunodeficiency characterized by defective immunoglobulin class switch recombination and impaired DNA repair. J Exp Med. 2007;204:1207-16 pubmed..Overall, these findings suggest that a unique Ig CSR deficiency phenotype could be related to an as-yet-uncharacterized defect in a DNA repair pathway involved in both CSR and SHM events. ..
- Delahaye A, Sznajer Y, Lyonnet S, Elmaleh Berges M, Delpierre I, Audollent S, et al. Familial CHARGE syndrome because of CHD7 mutation: clinical intra- and interfamilial variability. Clin Genet. 2007;72:112-21 pubmed..These familial reports describe the intrafamilial variability of CHARGE syndrome, and underline the presence of CHD7 mutations in patients who do not fit the 'classical clinical criteria' for CHARGE syndrome. ..
- Gong X, Delorme R, Fauchereau F, Durand C, Chaste P, Betancur C, et al. An investigation of ribosomal protein L10 gene in autism spectrum disorders. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:7 pubmed publisher..2; RPL10-B, U = 607.5, P = 0.7). Our results suggest that RPL10 has no major effect on the susceptibility to ASD. ..
- Ilharreborde B, Bidet P, Lorrot M, Even J, Mariani Kurkdjian P, Liguori S, et al. New real-time PCR-based method for Kingella kingae DNA detection: application to samples collected from 89 children with acute arthritis. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:1837-41 pubmed publisher..Retrospective diagnosis is feasible for up to 6 days after treatment initiation...
- Florent I, Porcel B, Guillaume E, Da Silva C, Artiguenave F, Maréchal E, et al. A Plasmodium falciparum FcB1-schizont-EST collection providing clues to schizont specific gene structure and polymorphism. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:235 pubmed publisher..falciparum ESTs, usually generated from mixed parasite stages, this collection of FcB1-schizont-ESTs provides valuable data to gain further insight into the P. falciparum gene structure, polymorphism and expression. ..
- Ruimy R, Meziane Cherif D, Momcilovic S, Arlet G, Andremont A, Courvalin P. RAHN-2, a chromosomal extended-spectrum class A beta-lactamase from Rahnella aquatilis. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:1619-23 pubmed publisher..We describe the diversity of bla(RAHN) genes from two groups of strains, G1 and G2, isolated from raw fruits and vegetables, and the new class A beta-lactamase RAHN-2...
- Muller B, Lafay F, Demangel C, Perrin P, Tordo N, Flamand A, et al. Phage-displayed and soluble mouse scFv fragments neutralize rabies virus. J Virol Methods. 1997;67:221-33 pubmed..A cocktail of multispecific neutralizing antibodies could contain monovalent, bivalent or tetravalent scFv fragments, for passive immunoglobulin therapy...
- Cébron A, Berthe T, Garnier J. Nitrification and nitrifying bacteria in the lower Seine River and estuary (France). Appl Environ Microbiol. 2003;69:7091-100 pubmed..These results imply a significant immigration and/or selection of the ammonia-oxidizing bacterial population along the continuum of the Seine River from Paris to the estuary. ..
- Burglen L, Lefebvre S, Clermont O, Burlet P, Viollet L, Cruaud C, et al. Structure and organization of the human survival motor neurone (SMN) gene. Genomics. 1996;32:479-82 pubmed..The availability of the human SMN and its highly homologous counterpart (CBCD541) gene structures and exon-intron boundaries will hopefully speed up the characterization of SMN gene mutations in SMA. ..
- Olives B, Merriman M, Bailly P, Bain S, Barnett A, Todd J, et al. The molecular basis of the Kidd blood group polymorphism and its lack of association with type 1 diabetes susceptibility. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:1017-20 pubmed..Using the MnlI RFLP, we found that the Jk(a)/Jk(b) polymorphism was not in linkage disequilibrium with type 1 diabetes in 228 multiplex UK and US families tested. ..
- Lecuit M, Abachin E, Martin A, Poyart C, Pochart P, Suarez F, et al. Immunoproliferative small intestinal disease associated with Campylobacter jejuni. N Engl J Med. 2004;350:239-48 pubmed..Early-stage disease responds to antibiotics, suggesting a bacterial origin. We attempted to identify a causative agent...
- Feurer C, Clermont D, Bimet F, Candréa A, Jackson M, Glaser P, et al. Taxonomic characterization of nine strains isolated from clinical and environmental specimens, and proposal of Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum sp. nov. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2004;54:1055-61 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain of C. tuberculostearicum is Medalle XT (=LDC-20T=CIP 107291T=CCUG 45418T=ATCC 35529T). ..
- Bouligand J, Ghervan C, Tello J, Brailly Tabard S, Salenave S, Chanson P, et al. Isolated familial hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and a GNRH1 mutation. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:2742-8 pubmed publisher..This isolated autosomal recessive GnRH deficiency, reversed by pulsatile GnRH administration, shows the pivotal role of GnRH in human reproduction. ..
- Lemaire M, B guin P. Nucleotide sequence of the celG gene of Clostridium thermocellum and characterization of its product, endoglucanase CelG. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:3353-60 pubmed..An antiserum raised against the forms purified from E. coli reacted with an immunoreactive polypeptide of M(r) 66,000, which was associated with the extracellular cellulolytic complex of C. thermocellum known as the cellulosome...
- Sjakste T, Sjakste N, Scherrer K. Exon/intron organisation of human proteasome PROS-27 K gene. DNA Seq. 2001;12:261-5 pubmed..The gene contains seven exons spanning over 19kb. Introns of the gene contain numerous Alu type repeats, Mer 2 and LINE type repeats. Pattern of the repeats indicates conservatism of the sequence. ..
- Santana M, Ionescu M, Vertes A, Longin R, Kunst F, Danchin A, et al. Bacillus subtilis F0F1 ATPase: DNA sequence of the atp operon and characterization of atp mutants. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6802-11 pubmed..It therefore appears that B. subtilis and E. coli respond in similar ways to the absence of oxidative phosphorylation. ..
- Evers S, Courvalin P. Regulation of VanB-type vancomycin resistance gene expression by the VanS(B)-VanR (B) two-component regulatory system in Enterococcus faecalis V583. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:1302-9 pubmed..Vancomycin, but not teicoplanin, was an inducer, which explains teicoplanin susceptibility of VanB-type enterococci...
- Boyer J, Michaux G, Fairhead C, Gaillon L, Dujon B. Sequence and analysis of a 26.9 kb fragment from chromosome XV of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1996;12:1575-86 pubmed..The present sequence corresponds to coordinates 772,331 to 799,187 of the entire chromosome XV sequence which can be retrieved by anonymous ftp (ftp. mips. embnet. org). ..
- Lener M, Vinci G, Duponchel C, Meo T, Tosi M. Molecular cloning, gene structure and expression profile of mouse C1 inhibitor. Eur J Biochem. 1998;254:117-22 pubmed..The profile of C1 inhibitor expression in mouse liver, lung, heart, kidney, spleen and brain was determined by quantitative northern blot analysis. ..
- Amrani Y, Voegtlé D, Montagutelli X, Cazenave P, Six A. The Ig light chain restricted B6.kappa(-)lambda(SEG) mouse strain suggests that the IGL locus genomic organization is subject to constant evolution. Immunogenetics. 2002;54:106-19 pubmed..The study of the organization of different IGL loci, in addition to the V lambda 4(+) reported here, could elucidate questions concerning the evolution of the lambda locus. ..
- Stum M, Davoine C, Vicart S, Guillot Noël L, Topaloglu H, Carod Artal F, et al. Spectrum of HSPG2 (Perlecan) mutations in patients with Schwartz-Jampel syndrome. Hum Mutat. 2006;27:1082-91 pubmed..Our analyses strengthen the idea that SJS results from hypomorphic mutations of the HSPG2 gene. They also propose tools for its molecular diagnosis and provide new clues for the understanding of its pathophysiology. ..
- Matos A, d Arcy Lameta A, Franca M, Petres S, Edelman L, Kader J, et al. A novel patatin-like gene stimulated by drought stress encodes a galactolipid acyl hydrolase. FEBS Lett. 2001;491:188-92 pubmed..An involvement in drought-induced galactolipid degradation is proposed for VUPAT1. ..
- Taha M, Vazquez J, Hong E, Bennett D, Bertrand S, Bukovski S, et al. Target gene sequencing to characterize the penicillin G susceptibility of Neisseria meningitidis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:2784-92 pubmed..These data argue for the use of penA sequencing to identify isolates with reduced susceptibility to penicillin G and as a tool to improve typing of meningococcal isolates, as well as to analyze DNA exchange among Neisseria species. ..
- Su X, Della Valle V, Delabesse E, Azgui Z, Berger R, Merle Béral H, et al. Transcriptional activation of the cardiac homeobox gene CSX1/NKX2-5 in a B-cell chronic lymphoproliferative disorder. Haematologica. 2008;93:1081-5 pubmed publisher..Our study establishes that deregulation of homeobox encoding genes is not restricted to acute leukemic proliferations, but is also observed in chronic malignant diseases. ..
- Frezal L, Leblois R. Four years of DNA barcoding: current advances and prospects. Infect Genet Evol. 2008;8:727-36 pubmed publisher..The initially proposed Barcode of life framework has greatly evolved, giving rise to a flexible description of DNA barcoding and a larger range of applications. ..
- Le Mouël A, Butler A, Caron F, Meyer E. Developmentally regulated chromosome fragmentation linked to imprecise elimination of repeated sequences in paramecia. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:1076-90 pubmed
- Binesse J, Delsert C, Saulnier D, Champomier Vergès M, Zagorec M, Munier Lehmann H, et al. Metalloprotease vsm is the major determinant of toxicity for extracellular products of Vibrio splendidus. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008;74:7108-17 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that Vsm is the major toxicity factor in the ECPs of V. splendidus. ..
- Matta M, Gousseff M, Monsel F, Poyart C, Diebold B, Podglajen I, et al. First case of Streptococcus oligofermentans endocarditis determined based on sodA gene sequences after amplification directly from valvular samples. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:855-6 pubmed publisher..It was responsible for the endocarditis and left forearm abscess of a 43-year-old woman. Identification was made using molecular techniques performed directly from valvular and surgical samples. ..
- Bouchez V, Brun D, Cantinelli T, Dore G, Njamkepo E, Guiso N. First report and detailed characterization of B. pertussis isolates not expressing Pertussis Toxin or Pertactin. Vaccine. 2009;27:6034-41 pubmed publisher..All isolates were found less pathogen in animal or cellular models; their circulation raises the problem of clinical and biological diagnoses...
- Lallemant M, Ngo Giang Huong N, Jourdain G, Traisaithit P, Cressey T, Collins I, et al. Efficacy and safety of 1-month postpartum zidovudine-didanosine to prevent HIV-resistance mutations after intrapartum single-dose nevirapine. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;50:898-908 pubmed publisher..8% of PHPT-4 subjects and 20.7% of controls (P < .001). A 1-month postpartum course of zidovudine plus didanosine prevented the selection of the vast majority of NNRTI resistance mutations. ..
- Delarbre C, Escriva H, Gallut C, Barriel V, Kourilsky P, Janvier P, et al. The complete nucleotide sequence of the mitochondrial DNA of the agnathan Lampetra fluviatilis: bearings on the phylogeny of cyclostomes. Mol Biol Evol. 2000;17:519-29 pubmed..The present data set does not allow the resolution of this three-taxon problem, and new kinds of data, such as nuclear DNA sequences, need to be collected. ..
- Mollet G, Salomon R, Gribouval O, Silbermann F, Bacq D, Landthaler G, et al. The gene mutated in juvenile nephronophthisis type 4 encodes a novel protein that interacts with nephrocystin. Nat Genet. 2002;32:300-5 pubmed..We demonstrated the interaction of nephrocystin-4 with nephrocystin suggesting that these two proteins participate in a common signaling pathway. ..
- Imai K, Slupphaug G, Lee W, Revy P, Nonoyama S, Catalan N, et al. Human uracil-DNA glycosylase deficiency associated with profoundly impaired immunoglobulin class-switch recombination. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:1023-8 pubmed
- Lefèvre H, Bouvattier C, Lahlou N, Adamsbaum C, Bougneres P, Carel J. Prepubertal gynecomastia in Peutz-Jeghers syndrome: incomplete penetrance in a familial case and management with an aromatase inhibitor. Eur J Endocrinol. 2006;154:221-7 pubmed..Anastrozole is efficient in controlling the clinical features of the disease and should be proposed as an alternative to bilateral orchidectomy, which is often performed in this condition. ..
- Magnet S, Courvalin P, Lambert T. Activation of the cryptic aac(6')-Iy aminoglycoside resistance gene of Salmonella by a chromosomal deletion generating a transcriptional fusion. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:6650-5 pubmed..This genomic environment suggests a role in the catabolism of a specific sugar for AAC(6')-Iy in Salmonella...
- Veitia R, Hurst L. Accelerated molecular evolution of insect orthologues of ERG28/C14orf1: a link with ecdysteroid metabolism?. J Genet. 2001;80:17-21 pubmed..Discontinuation of the cholesterogenesis pathway in insects allowed the protein to evolve as much as the function in the other pathway was not compromised. ..
- Quesneville H, Nouaud D, Anxolabehere D. P elements and MITE relatives in the whole genome sequence of Anopheles gambiae. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:214 pubmed..gambiae. Moreover, it provides the most comprehensive catalogue to date of P-like transposons in this genome and provides convincing yet indirect evidence that some of the subfamilies have been recently active. ..
- Baulande S, Lasnier F, Lucas M, Pairault J. Adiponutrin, a transmembrane protein corresponding to a novel dietary- and obesity-linked mRNA specifically expressed in the adipose lineage. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33336-44 pubmed..This leads us to suggest that adiponutrin could be involved in vesicular targeting and protein transport restricted to the adipocyte function. ..
- Abachin E, Poyart C, Pellegrini E, Milohanic E, Fiedler F, Berche P, et al. Formation of D-alanyl-lipoteichoic acid is required for adhesion and virulence of Listeria monocytogenes. Mol Microbiol. 2002;43:1-14 pubmed..These results show that the D-alanylation of the LTAs contributes to the virulence of the intracellular pathogen L. monocytogenes. ..
- Cocquet J, Pannetier M, Fellous M, Veitia R. Sense and antisense Foxl2 transcripts in mouse. Genomics. 2005;85:531-41 pubmed..All in all our results provide new insights about the organization of the murine Foxl2 locus. This might help us understand its regulation and function. ..
- Lecompte E, Aplin K, Denys C, Catzeflis F, Chades M, Chevret P. Phylogeny and biogeography of African Murinae based on mitochondrial and nuclear gene sequences, with a new tribal classification of the subfamily. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:199 pubmed publisher..We also reconstruct the phylogenetic structure of the Murinae, and propose a new classification at tribal level for this traditionally problematic group. ..
- Lescat M, Hoede C, Clermont O, Garry L, Darlu P, Tuffery P, et al. aes, the gene encoding the esterase B in Escherichia coli, is a powerful phylogenetic marker of the species. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:273 pubmed publisher..coli extraintestinal infection. However, this gene acts as a powerful marker of phylogeny, illustrating the extensive divergence of B2 phylogenetic group strains from the rest of the species. ..
- Gimenez Roqueplo A, Favier J, Rustin P, Rieubland C, Kerlan V, Plouin P, et al. Functional consequences of a SDHB gene mutation in an apparently sporadic pheochromocytoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002;87:4771-4 pubmed..This observation highlights the role of the complex II mitochondrial genes in the oxygen-sensing pathway and in the regulation of angiogenesis of neural crest-derived tumors. ..
- Peigne C, Bidet P, Mahjoub Messai F, Plainvert C, Barbe V, Medigue C, et al. The plasmid of Escherichia coli strain S88 (O45:K1:H7) that causes neonatal meningitis is closely related to avian pathogenic E. coli plasmids and is associated with high-level bacteremia in a neonatal rat meningitis model. Infect Immun. 2009;77:2272-84 pubmed publisher..9 log CFU/ml). Thus, pS88 is a major virulence determinant related to avian pathogenic plasmids that has spread not only through meningitis clonal groups but also human urosepsis and avian pathogenic strains. ..
- Guerin M, Dachet C, Goulinet S, Chevet D, Dolphin P, Chapman M, et al. Familial lecithin:cholesterol acyltransferase deficiency: molecular analysis of a compound heterozygote: LCAT (Arg147 --> Trp) and LCAT (Tyr171 --> Stop). Atherosclerosis. 1997;131:85-95 pubmed..In summary, we have identified an LCAT deficient patient corresponding to a compound heterozygote for the Arg147 --> Trp mutation and a new molecular defect involving a Tyr171 --> Stop mutation in the LCAT gene. ..
- Kowarz L, Coynault C, Robbe Saule V, Norel F. The Salmonella typhimurium katF (rpoS) gene: cloning, nucleotide sequence, and regulation of spvR and spvABCD virulence plasmid genes. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:6852-60 pubmed..typhimurium katF mutants of both wild-type and virulence plasmid-cured strains suggest that katF contributes to Salmonella virulence via the regulation of chromosomal genes in addition to that of spv genes. ..
- Picardeau M, Le Dantec C, Vincent V. Analysis of the internal replication region of a mycobacterial linear plasmid. Microbiology. 2000;146 ( Pt 2):305-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, this new Escherichia coli-mycobacteria shuttle vector may be used in both slow- and fast-growing mycobacteria and in co-transformation experiments with other mycobacterial vectors...
- Poyart C, Quesne G, Boumaila C, Trieu Cuot P. Rapid and accurate species-level identification of coagulase-negative staphylococci by using the sodA gene as a target. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:4296-301 pubmed publisher..The sodA sequence polymorphisms observed with staphylococcal species offer good opportunities for the development of assays based on DNA chip technologies...
- Quevillon E, Spielmann T, Brahimi K, Chattopadhyay D, Yeramian E, Langsley G. The Plasmodium falciparum family of Rab GTPases. Gene. 2003;306:13-25 pubmed..Such grouping into clads may give clues to parasite Rab function, and may shed light on P. falciparum secretory/endocytic pathways. ..
- Lajeunie E, Heuertz S, El Ghouzzi V, Martinovic J, Renier D, Le Merrer M, et al. Mutation screening in patients with syndromic craniosynostoses indicates that a limited number of recurrent FGFR2 mutations accounts for severe forms of Pfeiffer syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2006;14:289-98 pubmed..A limited number of recurrent amino-acid changes (W290C, Y340C, C342R and S351C) is commonly associated with the most severe Pfeiffer phenotypes of poor prognosis. ..
- Pernice M, Wetzel S, Gros O, Boucher Rodoni R, Dubilier N. Enigmatic dual symbiosis in the excretory organ of Nautilus macromphalus (Cephalopoda: Nautiloidea). Proc Biol Sci. 2007;274:1143-52 pubmed..FISH analyses showed that the symbionts occur in the baso-medial region of the pericardial villi where ultrafiltration and reabsorption processes take place, suggesting a symbiotic contribution to the excretory metabolism...
- Nguembock B, Fjelds J, Couloux A, Pasquet E. Molecular phylogeny of Carduelinae (Aves, Passeriformes, Fringillidae) proves polyphyletic origin of the genera Serinus and Carduelis and suggests redefined generic limits. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2009;51:169-81 pubmed publisher..Some of these cases need a further phylogeographical study with a denser geographical sampling but for the case the most noteworthy, that of Serinus burtoni, we suggest a taxonomic change in this study...