Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cross linking reagents in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: cross linking reagents
- Heshmati F. Mechanisms of action of extracorporeal photochemotherapy. Transfus Apher Sci. 2003;29:61-70 pubmed..This immunostimulatory capacity of ECP is the most probable hypothesis of its mechanism but further investigations are necessary to determine the precise players important for this activity. ..
- Mainardi J, Morel V, Fourgeaud M, Cremniter J, Blanot D, Legrand R, et al. Balance between two transpeptidation mechanisms determines the expression of beta-lactam resistance in Enterococcus faecium. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35801-7 pubmed..The parallel dramatic increase in the proportion of l-Lys(3) --> d-Asx-Lys(3) cross-links showed that the enzyme was activating the resistance pathway by generating the substrate for the l,d-transpeptidase. ..
- Salem M, Mauguen Y, Prangé T. Revisiting glutaraldehyde cross-linking: the case of the Arg-Lys intermolecular doublet. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2010;66:225-8 pubmed publisher..Here, the direct observation of a specific Lys-Arg cross-link site is reported and a mechanism is proposed for the reaction. ..
- Nguyen G, Delarue F, Burckle C, Bouzhir L, Giller T, Sraer J. Pivotal role of the renin/prorenin receptor in angiotensin II production and cellular responses to renin. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1417-27 pubmed..This discovery emphasizes the role of the cell surface in angiotensin II generation and opens new perspectives on the tissue renin-angiotensin system and on renin effects independent of angiotensin II. ..
- Salaun C, Gyan E, Rodrigues P, Heard J. Pit2 assemblies at the cell surface are modulated by extracellular inorganic phosphate concentration. J Virol. 2002;76:4304-11 pubmed
- Beretta L, Singer N, Hinderer R, Gingras A, Richardson B, Hanash S, et al. Differential regulation of translation and eIF4E phosphorylation during human thymocyte maturation. J Immunol. 1998;160:3269-73 pubmed..These data provide evidence for differential regulation of the translational machinery during T cell development. ..
- Chavatte L, Frolova L, Laugâa P, Kisselev L, Favre A. Stop codons and UGG promote efficient binding of the polypeptide release factor eRF1 to the ribosomal A site. J Mol Biol. 2003;331:745-58 pubmed..As far as the physical steps of eRF1 binding to the ribosome are considered, they appear to closely mimic the behaviour of the tRNA/EF-Tu/GTP complex, but clearly eRF1 is endowed with a greater conformational flexibility than tRNA. ..
- Strochlic L, Cartaud A, Mejat A, Grailhe R, Schaeffer L, Changeux J, et al. 14-3-3 gamma associates with muscle specific kinase and regulates synaptic gene transcription at vertebrate neuromuscular synapse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:18189-94 pubmed..Our data extend the notion that, apart from its well documented role in AChR clustering, the MuSK complex might also be involved in the regulation of synaptic gene expression at the NMJ. ..
- Williams R, Rimsky S, Buc H. Probing the structure, function, and interactions of the Escherichia coli H-NS and StpA proteins by using dominant negative derivatives. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:4335-43 pubmed..We demonstrate that the N-terminal domain of H-NS can be chemically cross-linked to both full-length H-NS and StpA. We account for these observations by proposing that H-NS and StpA have the ability to form hybrid species. ..
- Vanet A, Plumbridge J, Guerin M, Alix J. Ribosomal protein methylation in Escherichia coli: the gene prmA, encoding the ribosomal protein L11 methyltransferase, is dispensable. Mol Microbiol. 1994;14:947-58 pubmed..However, a strain carrying an in vitro-constructed null mutation of the prmA gene, transferred to the E. coli chromosome by homologous recombination, was perfectly viable. ..
- Couty J, Rampon C, Leveque M, Laran Chich M, Bourdoulous S, Greenwood J, et al. PECAM-1 engagement counteracts ICAM-1-induced signaling in brain vascular endothelial cells. J Neurochem. 2007;103:793-801 pubmed..Our findings reveal a novel activity for PECAM-1 which, by counteracting ICAM-1-induced activation, could directly contribute to limit activation and maintain integrity of brain vascular endothelium. ..
- Stingl K, Schauer K, Ecobichon C, Labigne A, Lenormand P, Rousselle J, et al. In vivo interactome of Helicobacter pylori urease revealed by tandem affinity purification. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:2429-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study provides new insight into coupling of ammonium production and assimilation in the gastric pathogen and the intimate link between urease and hydrogenase maturation. ..
- Leite de Moraes M, Diem S, Michel M, Ohtsu H, Thurmond R, Schneider E, et al. Cutting edge: histamine receptor H4 activation positively regulates in vivo IL-4 and IFN-gamma production by invariant NKT cells. J Immunol. 2009;182:1233-6 pubmed..Our findings identify a novel function of HA through its H4R and suggest that it might become instrumental in modulating iNKT cell functions. ..
- Senault C, Mahlberg F, Renaud G, Girard Globa A, Chacko G. Effect of apoprotein cross-linking on the metabolism of human HDL3 in rat. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1990;1046:81-8 pubmed..However, results suggest that the binding of HDL to its specific cell surface sites is not necessary for this uptake. ..
- Guillemain G, Munoz Alonso M, Cassany A, Loizeau M, Faussat A, Burnol A, et al. Karyopherin alpha2: a control step of glucose-sensitive gene expression in hepatic cells. Biochem J. 2002;364:201-9 pubmed..The transitory tethering of karyopherin alpha2 to GLUT2 at the plasma membrane might indicate that the receptor can load the cargo to be imported locally. ..