Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell polarity in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: cell polarity
- GhÃ©zali G, Calvo C, Pillet L, Llense F, Ezan P, Pannasch U, et al. Connexin 30 controls astroglial polarization during postnatal brain development. Development. 2018;145: pubmed publisher..This study thus reveals that connexin 30 controls astroglial polarity during development. ..
- Laoide B, Courty Y, Gastinne I, Thibaut C, Kellermann O, Rougeon F. Immortalised mouse submandibular epithelial cell lines retain polarised structural and functional properties. J Cell Sci. 1996;109 ( Pt 12):2789-800 pubmed..Thus, these polarised ductal cell lines, as well as having important intrinsic properties, represent well characterised mouse epithelial models which, until now, have not been readily available for cellular studies. ..
- Imjeti N, Lebreton S, Paladino S, de la Fuente E, Gonzalez A, Zurzolo C. N-Glycosylation instead of cholesterol mediates oligomerization and apical sorting of GPI-APs in FRT cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4621-34 pubmed publisher..One depends on cholesterol, and the other depends on N-glycosylation and is insensitive to cholesterol addition or depletion. ..
- Loubet D, Dakowski C, Pietri M, Pradines E, Bernard S, Callebert J, et al. Neuritogenesis: the prion protein controls ?1 integrin signaling activity. FASEB J. 2012;26:678-90 pubmed publisher..Our overall data reveal that PrP(C) contributes to the acquisition of neuronal polarization by modulating ?1 integrin activity, cell interaction with fibronectin, and cytoskeleton dynamics. ..
- Schreider C, Peignon G, Thenet S, Chambaz J, Pincon Raymond M. Integrin-mediated functional polarization of Caco-2 cells through E-cadherin--actin complexes. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:543-52 pubmed
- Leduc C, Etienne Manneville S. Regulation of microtubule-associated motors drives intermediate filament network polarization. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:1689-1703 pubmed publisher..Our results show how polarity signaling can affect the dynamic turnover of the IF network to promote the polarization of the network itself. ..
- Morel E, Fouquet S, Strup Perrot C, Pichol Thievend C, Thievend C, Petit C, et al. The cellular prion protein PrP(c) is involved in the proliferation of epithelial cells and in the distribution of junction-associated proteins. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3000 pubmed publisher..From these results, PrP(c) could be considered as a new partner involved in the balance between proliferation and polarization/differentiation in epithelial cells. ..
- Celton Morizur S, Racine V, Sibarita J, Paoletti A. Pom1 kinase links division plane position to cell polarity by regulating Mid1p cortical distribution. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4710-8 pubmed..Our work therefore provides evidence that cell polarity regulators influence the distribution of Mid1p, linking division plane position to cell polarity. ..
- Piel M, Tran P. Cell shape and cell division in fission yeast. Curr Biol. 2009;19:R823-7 pubmed publisher..Microtubules also position the cell nucleus at the cell middle, marking sites of cell division. Here, we review the microtubule-dependent mechanisms that regulate cell shape and cell division in fission yeast. ..
- Yuseff M, Reversat A, Lankar D, Diaz J, Fanget I, Pierobon P, et al. Polarized secretion of lysosomes at the B cell synapse couples antigen extraction to processing and presentation. Immunity. 2011;35:361-74 pubmed publisher..Regulation of B lymphocyte polarity therefore emerges as a central mechanism that couples Ag extraction to Ag processing and presentation. ..
- Jagut M, Mihaila Bodart L, Molla Herman A, Alin M, Lepesant J, Huynh J. A mosaic genetic screen for genes involved in the early steps of Drosophila oogenesis. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:409-25 pubmed publisher..This collection of mutants will be useful to investigate further the early steps of Drosophila oogenesis at a genetic level. ..
- Seveau S, Keller H, Maxfield F, Piller F, Halbwachs Mecarelli L. Neutrophil polarity and locomotion are associated with surface redistribution of leukosialin (CD43), an antiadhesive membrane molecule. Blood. 2000;95:2462-70 pubmed..These results shed new light on the role of CD43 membrane redistribution, which appears to be directly related to neutrophil polarity and locomotion. (Blood. 2000;95:2462-2470) ..
- Allory Y, Audard V, Fontanges P, Ronco P, Debiec H. The L1 cell adhesion molecule is a potential biomarker of human distal nephron injury in acute tubular necrosis. Kidney Int. 2008;73:751-8 pubmed..Our study shows that a soluble form of human L1 can be detected in the urine of patients with acute tubular necrosis and that this may be a marker of distal nephron injury...
- Perbal G, Driss Ecole D, Tewinkel M, Volkmann D. Statocyte polarity and gravisensitivity in seedling roots grown in microgravity. Planta. 1997;203:S57-62 pubmed..Since the location of the amyloplasts in microgravity is different from that in 1 g, the greater sensitivity observed could be due to different tensions in the actin network...
- Perdigoto C, Gervais L, Overstreet E, Fischer J, Guichet A, Schweisguth F. Overexpression of partner of numb induces asymmetric distribution of the PI4P 5-Kinase Skittles in mitotic sensory organ precursor cells in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3072 pubmed publisher..Our observation that Pon overexpression alters polar protein distribution is relevant because RFP::Pon(LD) is often used as a polarity marker in dividing progenitors. ..
- Dupin I, Camand E, Etienne Manneville S. Classical cadherins control nucleus and centrosome position and cell polarity. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:779-86 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that in addition to the specific function of E-cadherin in regulating baso-apical epithelial polarity, classical cadherins control cell polarization in otherwise nonpolarized cells...
- Le Gall M, Tobin V, Stolarczyk E, Dalet V, Leturque A, Brot Laroche E. Sugar sensing by enterocytes combines polarity, membrane bound detectors and sugar metabolism. J Cell Physiol. 2007;213:834-43 pubmed..This provides a rationale for how intestine adapts sugar delivery to blood and dietary sugar provision. ..
- Michaux G, Massey Harroche D, Nicolle O, Rabant M, Brousse N, Goulet O, et al. The localisation of the apical Par/Cdc42 polarity module is specifically affected in microvillus inclusion disease. Biol Cell. 2016;108:19-28 pubmed publisher..Our results show that polarity determinants could be useful markers to help establishing a diagnosis in patients. Furthermore, they could be used to characterise other rare intestinal absorption diseases. ..
- Velot L, Molina A, Rodrigues Ferreira S, Nehlig A, Bouchet B, Morel M, et al. Negative regulation of EB1 turnover at microtubule plus ends by interaction with microtubule-associated protein ATIP3. Oncotarget. 2015;6:43557-70 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a unique example of decreased EB1 turnover at growing microtubule ends by cytosolic interaction with a tumor suppressor. ..
- Vignon G, Köhler R, Larquet E, Giroux S, Prevost M, Roux P, et al. Type IV-like pili formed by the type II secreton: specificity, composition, bundling, polar localization, and surface presentation of peptides. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:3416-28 pubmed..Abnormally long pili that extend beyond the outer membrane are produced only when pilus length control and retraction are deregulated by overproduction of the major pseudopilus subunit (PulG). ..
- Tourret M, Guegan S, Chemin K, Dogniaux S, Miro F, Bohineust A, et al. T cell polarity at the immunological synapse is required for CD154-dependent IL-12 secretion by dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:6809-18 pubmed publisher..This study shows that T cell polarity at the IS plays a key role in CD154/CD40-dependent cross-talk between CD4(+) T cells and DCs. ..
- Feldmann J, Callebaut I, Raposo G, Certain S, Bacq D, Dumont C, et al. Munc13-4 is essential for cytolytic granules fusion and is mutated in a form of familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (FHL3). Cell. 2003;115:461-73 pubmed..Expressed tagged hMunc13-4 localizes with cytotoxic granules at the immunological synapse. HMunc13-4 is therefore essential for the priming step of cytolytic granules secretion preceding vesicle membrane fusion. ..
- Etienne Manneville S. APC in cell migration. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2009;656:30-40 pubmed
- Benvenuti F, Hugues S, Walmsley M, Ruf S, Fetler L, Popoff M, et al. Requirement of Rac1 and Rac2 expression by mature dendritic cells for T cell priming. Science. 2004;305:1150-3 pubmed..The Rho family guanosine triphosphatases Rac1 and Rac2 but not Rho itself control the formation of dendrites in mature DCs, their polarized short-range migration toward T cells, and T cell priming. ..
- David N, Martin C, Segalen M, Rosenfeld F, Schweisguth F, Bellaiche Y. Drosophila Ric-8 regulates Galphai cortical localization to promote Galphai-dependent planar orientation of the mitotic spindle during asymmetric cell division. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:1083-90 pubmed..Thus, Frizzled and heterotrimeric G-protein signalling act in opposition to ensure that the spindle aligns both in the plane of the epithelium and along the tissue polarity axis. ..
- Le Garrec J, Lopez P, Kerszberg M. Establishment and maintenance of planar epithelial cell polarity by asymmetric cadherin bridges: a computer model. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:235-46 pubmed..These features, largely independent of model details, may provide useful clues for future experimental efforts. ..
- Hayhurst G, Strick Marchand H, Mulet C, Richard A, Morosan S, Kremsdorf D, et al. Morphogenetic competence of HNF4 alpha-deficient mouse hepatic cells. J Hepatol. 2008;49:384-95 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the lack of epithelialization characteristic of the HNF4 alpha-null embryonic liver is due, at least in part, to non-cell autonomous defects, and that null cells do not suffer intrinsic defects in polarization. ..
- Baudoin J, Viou L, Launay P, Luccardini C, Espeso Gil S, Kiyasova V, et al. Tangentially migrating neurons assemble a primary cilium that promotes their reorientation to the cortical plate. Neuron. 2012;76:1108-22 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that signals transmitted through the primary cilium promote the escape of future GABAergic interneurons from their tangential routes to colonize the cortical plate. ..
- Baffet A, Benoit B, Januschke J, Audo J, Gourhand V, Roth S, et al. Drosophila tubulin-binding cofactor B is required for microtubule network formation and for cell polarity. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:3591-601 pubmed publisher..These results establish a developmental function for the dTBCB gene that is essential for viability and MT-dependent cell polarity, but not cell division. ..
- Artus C, Glacial F, Ganeshamoorthy K, Ziegler N, Godet M, Guilbert T, et al. The Wnt/planar cell polarity signaling pathway contributes to the integrity of tight junctions in brain endothelial cells. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2014;34:433-40 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study suggests that the Wnt/Par/aPKC PCP pathway, in addition to the Wnt/?-catenin canonical pathway, is a key regulator of the BBB. ..
- Dard N, Le T, Maro B, Louvet Vallee S. Inactivation of aPKClambda reveals a context dependent allocation of cell lineages in preimplantation mouse embryos. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7117 pubmed publisher..Cell shape is able to influence both the type of division (symmetric or asymmetric) and the position of the blastomeres within the embryo. ..
- Blanchard N, Di Bartolo V, Hivroz C. In the immune synapse, ZAP-70 controls T cell polarization and recruitment of signaling proteins but not formation of the synaptic pattern. Immunity. 2002;17:389-99 pubmed..In contrast, ZAP-70 is not required for clustering of zeta-GFP and CD2 or exclusion of CD45 and CD43 from the synapse. These data show that ZAP-70-dependent signaling is required for formation of a functional immune synapse...
- Gomes J, Corado M, Schweisguth F. Van Gogh and Frizzled act redundantly in the Drosophila sensory organ precursor cell to orient its asymmetric division. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4485 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that both Vang and Fz act as cues for downstream effectors orienting the planar polarity axis of dividing SOPs. ..
- Kaiser A, Donnadieu E, Abastado J, Trautmann A, Nardin A. CC chemokine ligand 19 secreted by mature dendritic cells increases naive T cell scanning behavior and their response to rare cognate antigen. J Immunol. 2005;175:2349-56 pubmed..We thus propose a new role for CCL19 in humans: by conditioning T cells into a motile DC-scanning state, this chemokine promotes Ag-independent responses and increases the probability of cognate MHC-peptide encounter. ..
- Zahraoui A, Joberty G, Arpin M, Fontaine J, Hellio R, Tavitian A, et al. A small rab GTPase is distributed in cytoplasmic vesicles in non polarized cells but colocalizes with the tight junction marker ZO-1 in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 1994;124:101-15 pubmed..The participation of rab13 in polarized transport, in the assembly and/or the activity of tight junctions is discussed. ..
- Messéant J, Ezan J, Delers P, Glebov K, Marchiol C, Lager F, et al. Wnt proteins contribute to neuromuscular junction formation through distinct signaling pathways. Development. 2017;144:1712-1724 pubmed publisher..Together, our results provide genetic and biochemical evidence that Wnt4 and Wnt11 cooperatively contribute to mammalian NMJ formation through activation of both the canonical and Vangl2-dependent core PCP pathways. ..
- Gho M, Schweisguth F. Frizzled signalling controls orientation of asymmetric sense organ precursor cell divisions in Drosophila. Nature. 1998;393:178-81 pubmed..This difference in cell-division orientation is largely independent of the identity of the secondary precursor cells, and is regulated by Frizzled-independent mechanisms. ..
- Fribourg P, Chami M, Sorzano C, Gubellini F, Marabini R, Marco S, et al. 3D cryo-electron reconstruction of BmrA, a bacterial multidrug ABC transporter in an inward-facing conformation and in a lipidic environment. J Mol Biol. 2014;426:2059-69 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data are consistent with a mechanism of drug transport involving large conformational changes of BmrA and show that a bacterial ABC exporter can adopt at least two open inward conformations in lipid membrane...
- Osmani N, Peglion F, Chavrier P, Etienne Manneville S. Cdc42 localization and cell polarity depend on membrane traffic. J Cell Biol. 2010;191:1261-9 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate influence of membrane dynamics on the localization and activation of Cdc42 and consequently on directed cell migration...
- Delaunay J, Breton M, Goding J, Trugnan G, Maurice M. Differential detergent resistance of the apical and basolateral NPPases: relationship with polarized targeting. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1009-16 pubmed..Lubrol resistance is an intrinsic property of NPP3, which is acquired early during the biosynthetic process irrespective of its final destination, and depends on positively charged residues in its cytoplasmic tail. ..
- Maussion G, Carayol J, Lepagnol Bestel A, Tores F, Loe Mie Y, Milbreta U, et al. Convergent evidence identifying MAP/microtubule affinity-regulating kinase 1 (MARK1) as a susceptibility gene for autism. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:2541-51 pubmed publisher..As expected for a gene encoding a key polarity determinant Par-1 protein kinase, MARK1 is involved in axon-dendrite specification. Thus, MARK1 overexpression in humans may be responsible for subtle changes in dendritic functioning. ..
- Mahuzier A, Gaudé H, Grampa V, Anselme I, Silbermann F, Leroux Berger M, et al. Dishevelled stabilization by the ciliopathy protein Rpgrip1l is essential for planar cell polarity. J Cell Biol. 2012;198:927-40 pubmed publisher..We thus uncover a ciliopathy protein complex that finely tunes dishevelled levels, thereby modulating planar cell polarity processes. ..
- Segura E, Valladeau Guilemond J, Donnadieu M, Sastre Garau X, Soumelis V, Amigorena S. Characterization of resident and migratory dendritic cells in human lymph nodes. J Exp Med. 2012;209:653-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in humans, skin-draining LNs host both resident and migratory DC subsets with distinct functional abilities...
- Baudoin J, Alvarez C, Gaspar P, Metin C. Nocodazole-induced changes in microtubule dynamics impair the morphology and directionality of migrating medial ganglionic eminence cells. Dev Neurosci. 2008;30:132-43 pubmed..These results suggest that microtubule stability is crucial for maintaining polarity and controlling the directional migration of MGE cells, whereas additional mechanisms are required to control cell motility. ..
- Kerjan G, Dolan J, Haumaitre C, Schneider Maunoury S, Fujisawa H, Mitchell K, et al. The transmembrane semaphorin Sema6A controls cerebellar granule cell migration. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1516-24 pubmed..Finally, the analysis of mouse chimeras suggests that this function of Sema6A is primarily non-cell-autonomous. ..
- Poumarat J, Houillier P, Rismondo C, Roques B, Lazar G, Paillard M, et al. The luminal membrane of rat thick limb expresses AT1 receptor and aminopeptidase activities. Kidney Int. 2002;62:434-45 pubmed..Thus, apical APA and APN may play an important role in modulating endogenous Ang II activity on NaCl reabsorption in mTAL. ..
- Lebreton C, Menard S, Abed J, Moura I, Coppo R, Dugave C, et al. Interactions among secretory immunoglobulin A, CD71, and transglutaminase-2 affect permeability of intestinal epithelial cells to gliadin peptides. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:698-707.e4 pubmed publisher..This mechanism is facilitated by Tgase2 and might be involved in the pathogenesis of celiac disease. ..
- Forlani S, Ferrandon D, Saget O, Mohier E. A regulatory function for K10 in the establishment of dorsoventral polarity in the Drosophila egg and embryo. Mech Dev. 1993;41:109-20 pubmed..These results are compatible with a model in which grk is a dorsalizing signal emanating from the oocyte nucleus, whose level of expression is regulated negatively by the K10 product. ..
- Dickinson D, Schwager F, Pintard L, Gotta M, Goldstein B. A Single-Cell Biochemistry Approach Reveals PAR Complex Dynamics during Cell Polarization. Dev Cell. 2017;42:416-434.e11 pubmed publisher..PAR complex dynamics are linked to the cell cycle by Polo-like kinase 1 and govern the movement of PAR proteins to establish polarity. Our results demonstrate an approach to study dynamic biochemical events in vivo. ..
- Arpin M, Friederich E, Algrain M, Vernel F, Louvard D. Functional differences between L- and T-plastin isoforms. J Cell Biol. 1994;127:1995-2008 pubmed..Thus it is likely that these plastin isoforms play fundamentally different roles in cell function. ..
- Dubrac A, Genet G, Ola R, Zhang F, Pibouin Fragner L, Han J, et al. Targeting NCK-Mediated Endothelial Cell Front-Rear Polarity Inhibits Neovascularization. Circulation. 2016;133:409-21 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a novel signal integration mechanism involving NCK1/2, ROBO1/2, and VEGFR2 that controls endothelial cell front-rear polarity during sprouting angiogenesis. ..
- Fréal A, Fassier C, Le Bras B, Bullier E, De Gois S, Hazan J, et al. Cooperative Interactions between 480 kDa Ankyrin-G and EB Proteins Assemble the Axon Initial Segment. J Neurosci. 2016;36:4421-33 pubmed publisher..Our work thus provides insight into the functional mechanisms used by 480 kDa ankyrin-G to drive the AIS formation and thereby to establish neuronal polarity. ..