Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell lineage in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: cell lineage
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Beurlet S, Omidvar N, Gorombei P, Krief P, le Pogam C, Setterblad N, et al. BCL-2 inhibition with ABT-737 prolongs survival in an NRAS/BCL-2 mouse model of AML by targeting primitive LSK and progenitor cells. Blood. 2013;122:2864-76 pubmed publisher..Myelodysplastic features persist underscoring targeting of BCL-2-mediated effects on MDS-AML transformation and survival of leukemic cells. ..
- Lim A, Li Y, Lopez Lastra S, Stadhouders R, Paul F, Casrouge A, et al. Systemic Human ILC Precursors Provide a Substrate for Tissue ILC Differentiation. Cell. 2017;168:1086-1100.e10 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model of tissue ILC differentiation ("ILC-poiesis"), whereby diverse ILC subsets are generated in situ from systemically distributed ILCPs in response to local environmental signals. ..
- Bollerot K, Pouget C, Jaffredo T. The embryonic origins of hematopoietic stem cells: a tale of hemangioblast and hemogenic endothelium. APMIS. 2005;113:790-803 pubmed
- Olivier P, Fontaine R, Loron G, Van Steenwinckel J, Biran V, Massonneau V, et al. Melatonin promotes oligodendroglial maturation of injured white matter in neonatal rats. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7128 pubmed publisher..Consequently, melatonin should be a considered as an effective neuroprotective candidate not only in perinatal brain damage but also in inflammatory and demyelinating diseases observed in adults. ..
- O QUIGLEY J. Dynamic equilibrium of reconstituting hematopoietic stem cell populations. J Bioinform Comput Biol. 2010;8:1041-51 pubmed..As an illustration, we rework on data recently gathered to address the question as to whether or not reconstitution of marrow grafts in the clinical setting might be considered to be oligoclonal. ..
- Haumaitre C, Lenoir O, Scharfmann R. Histone deacetylase inhibitors modify pancreatic cell fate determination and amplify endocrine progenitors. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:6373-83 pubmed publisher..They show the powerful use of HDACi to switch pancreatic cell determination and amplify specific cellular subtypes, with potential applications in cell replacement therapies in diabetes. ..
- Aifantis I, Azogui O, Feinberg J, Saint Ruf C, Buer J, von Boehmer H. On the role of the pre-T cell receptor in alphabeta versus gammadelta T lineage commitment. Immunity. 1998;9:649-55 pubmed..We propose that the pre-TCR commits developing T cells to the alphabeta lineage by an instructive mechanism that has largely replaced an evolutionary more ancient stochastic mechanism of lineage commitment. ..
- Cormier S, Le Bras S, Souilhol C, Vandormael Pournin S, Durand B, Babinet C, et al. The murine ortholog of notchless, a direct regulator of the notch pathway in Drosophila melanogaster, is essential for survival of inner cell mass cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:3541-9 pubmed
- Menasche P. Skeletal myoblasts as a therapeutic agent. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2007;50:7-17 pubmed..In the setting of this second generation of cells, human cardiac-specified embryonic stem cells may hold the greatest promise...
- Saulnier N, Guihard S, Holy X, Decembre E, Jurdic P, Clay D, et al. ERK1 regulates the hematopoietic stem cell niches. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30788 pubmed publisher..This study reinforces the hypothesis of an active cross-talk between HSCs, their progeny and bone cells in the maintenance of the homeostasis of these compartments. ..
- Ramond C, Berthault C, Burlen Defranoux O, de Sousa A, Guy Grand D, Vieira P, et al. Two waves of distinct hematopoietic progenitor cells colonize the fetal thymus. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:27-35 pubmed publisher..Our work reconciles conflicting hypotheses on the nature of thymus-settling progenitor cells. ..
- Chea S, Schmutz S, Berthault C, Perchet T, Petit M, Burlen Defranoux O, et al. Single-Cell Gene Expression Analyses Reveal Heterogeneous Responsiveness of Fetal Innate Lymphoid Progenitors to Notch Signaling. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1500-1516 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies, in a refined manner, the diversity of transitional stages of ILC development, their transcriptional signatures, and their differential dependence on Notch signaling. ..
- Kerszberg M, Changeux J. A simple molecular model of neurulation. Bioessays. 1998;20:758-70 pubmed..Little is known experimentally about the concerned pathways: their importance as a fruitful area for future investigation is emphasized by our theoretical results. ..
- Douagi I, Colucci F, Di Santo J, Cumano A. Identification of the earliest prethymic bipotent T/NK progenitor in murine fetal liver. Blood. 2002;99:463-71 pubmed..These fetal liver progenitors may represent the immediate developmental step before thymic immigration. ..
- Gavard J, Marthiens V, Monnet C, Lambert M, Mège R. N-cadherin activation substitutes for the cell contact control in cell cycle arrest and myogenic differentiation: involvement of p120 and beta-catenin. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36795-802 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that N-cadherin adhesion may account for cell-cell contact-dependent cell cycle arrest and differentiation of myogenic cells, involving regulation through p120 and beta-catenins. ..
- Bouneaud C, Garcia Z, Kourilsky P, Pannetier C. Lineage relationships, homeostasis, and recall capacities of central- and effector-memory CD8 T cells in vivo. J Exp Med. 2005;201:579-90 pubmed..In contrast, T(EM) persisted for only a short time in the absence of antigen and, although a fraction of them were able to express CD62L, they were unable to mount a proliferative response upon secondary challenge in this model. ..
- Maire C, Wegener A, Kerninon C, Nait Oumesmar B. Gain-of-function of Olig transcription factors enhances oligodendrogenesis and myelination. Stem Cells. 2010;28:1611-22 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data indicate that Olig2 is a potential therapeutic target to enhance myelination and remyelination in the CNS. ..
- Le Douarin N, Dupin E. The neural crest in vertebrate evolution. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2012;22:381-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, recent data show that cephalic NC cells regulate the activity of secondary brain organizers, hence being critical for preotic brain development, a role that had not been suspected before. ..
- Boudil A, Skhiri L, Candéias S, Pasqualetto V, Legrand A, Bedora Faure M, et al. Single-cell analysis of thymocyte differentiation: identification of transcription factor interactions and a major stochastic component in ??-lineage commitment. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e73098 pubmed publisher..The existence of a correlation between differentiation potential and expression of the pre-TCR showed that 83% of ??-committed cells do not express the pre-TCR and revealed a major stochastic component in ??-lineage specification. ..
- Theveneau E, Duband J, Altabef M. Ets-1 confers cranial features on neural crest delamination. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1142 pubmed..Altogether, these data lead us to propose that ets-1 plays a pivotal role in conferring specific cephalic characteristics on NCC delamination. ..
- Satoh Takayama N, Lesjean Pottier S, Vieira P, Sawa S, Eberl G, Vosshenrich C, et al. IL-7 and IL-15 independently program the differentiation of intestinal CD3-NKp46+ cell subsets from Id2-dependent precursors. J Exp Med. 2010;207:273-80 pubmed publisher..1(-)Rorc(+) cells are not canonical NK cell precursors. These studies highlight the independent cytokine regulation of functionally diverse intestinal NKp46(+) cell subsets...
- Klein Wolterink R, Garcia Ojeda M, Vosshenrich C, Hendriks R, Di Santo J. The intrathymic crossroads of T and NK cell differentiation. Immunol Rev. 2010;238:126-37 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications of these findings and propose a model that may be applicable at this critical thymic NK/T juncture. ..
- Guy Grand D, Vassalli P. Gut intraepithelial lymphocyte development. Curr Opin Immunol. 2002;14:255-9 pubmed
- Larsen M, Arnaud L, Hié M, Parizot C, Dorgham K, Shoukry M, et al. Multiparameter grouping delineates heterogeneous populations of human IL-17 and/or IL-22 T-cell producers that share antigen specificities with other T-cell subsets. Eur J Immunol. 2011;41:2596-605 pubmed publisher..Together, our results underscore the ontogenic plasticity of CD4(+) T-cell progenitors, which can adopt a differentiation profile irrespective of antigen specificity. ..
- Parlakian A, Gomaa I, Solly S, Arandel L, Mahale A, Born G, et al. Skeletal muscle phenotypically converts and selectively inhibits metastatic cells in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9299 pubmed publisher..Our findings point to skeletal muscle as a source of therapeutic agents in the treatment of metastatic cancers. ..
- Ramgolam K, Lauriol J, Lalou C, Lauden L, Michel L, de la Grange P, et al. Melanoma spheroids grown under neural crest cell conditions are highly plastic migratory/invasive tumor cells endowed with immunomodulator function. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18784 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it could be constructive to investigate melanoma aggressiveness, relevant to patients and clinical transferability. ..
- Pereira P, Hermitte V, Lembezat M, Boucontet L, Azuara V, Grigoriadou K. Developmentally regulated and lineage-specific rearrangement of T cell receptor Valpha/delta gene segments. Eur J Immunol. 2000;30:1988-97 pubmed
- Remaud S, Audibert A, Gho M. S-phase favours notch cell responsiveness in the Drosophila bristle lineage. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3646 pubmed publisher..We suggest that high-order chromatin structures associated with the S-phase create favourable conditions that increase the efficiency of the transcriptional machinery with respect to N-target genes. ..
- Fogg D, Sibon C, Miled C, Jung S, Aucouturier P, Littman D, et al. A clonogenic bone marrow progenitor specific for macrophages and dendritic cells. Science. 2006;311:83-7 pubmed..Thus, macrophages and DCs appear to renew from a common progenitor, providing a cellular and molecular basis for the concept of the MPS...
- Ruaud A, Bessereau J. The P-type ATPase CATP-1 is a novel regulator of C. elegans developmental timing that acts independently of its predicted pump function. Development. 2007;134:867-79 pubmed..These results obtained in vivo provide further evidence for the recently proposed pump-independent scaffolding functions of P-type ATPases in the modulation of intracellular signaling. ..
- Ditadi A, De Coppi P, Picone O, Gautreau L, Smati R, Six E, et al. Human and murine amniotic fluid c-Kit+Lin- cells display hematopoietic activity. Blood. 2009;113:3953-60 pubmed publisher..This is the first report showing that cells isolated from the AF do have hematopoietic potential; our results support the idea that AF may be a new source of stem cells for therapeutic applications. ..
- Li H, Bourdelas A, Carron C, Gomez C, Boucaut J, Shi D. FGF8, Wnt8 and Myf5 are target genes of Tbx6 during anteroposterior specification in Xenopus embryo. Dev Biol. 2006;290:470-81 pubmed..Our results therefore identify a regulatory cascade governed by Tbx6 in the specification of posterior mesoderm during Xenopus early development. ..
- Simon F, Fichelson P, Gho M, Audibert A. Notch and Prospero repress proliferation following cyclin E overexpression in the Drosophila bristle lineage. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000594 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the terminal quiescent state and differentiation are regulated by two parallel mechanisms acting simultaneously on fate acquisition and cell cycle progression. ..
- Kalamarides M, Stemmer Rachamimov A, Niwa Kawakita M, Chareyre F, Taranchon E, Han Z, et al. Identification of a progenitor cell of origin capable of generating diverse meningioma histological subtypes. Oncogene. 2011;30:2333-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings establish the cell of origin for these common brain tumours as well as a susceptible developmental period in which signature genetic mutations culminate in meningioma formation...
- Boeva V, Louis Brennetot C, Peltier A, Durand S, Pierre Eugène C, Raynal V, et al. Heterogeneity of neuroblastoma cell identity defined by transcriptional circuitries. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1408-1413 pubmed publisher..Most neuroblastoma primary tumors express TFs from the noradrenergic and NCC-like modules. Our data demonstrate a previously unknown aspect of tumor heterogeneity relevant for neuroblastoma treatment strategies. ..
- Bertrand J, Jalil A, Klaine M, Jung S, Cumano A, Godin I. Three pathways to mature macrophages in the early mouse yolk sac. Blood. 2005;106:3004-11 pubmed..Both YS-derived precursors followed a developmental pathway common to adult Mphi and could be qualified as definitive. ..
- Le Guyader D, Redd M, Colucci Guyon E, Murayama E, Kissa K, Briolat V, et al. Origins and unconventional behavior of neutrophils in developing zebrafish. Blood. 2008;111:132-41 pubmed..They are also attracted to variously stressed or malformed tissues, suggesting a wider role than antimicrobial defense. ..
- Buckingham M, Meilhac S. Tracing cells for tracking cell lineage and clonal behavior. Dev Cell. 2011;21:394-409 pubmed publisher..Technological advances in genetically engineered permanent cell labeling, together with a multiplicity of fluorescent markers and sophisticated imaging, open new possibilities for prospective and retrospective clonal analysis...
- Mourikis P, Sambasivan R, Castel D, Rocheteau P, Bizzarro V, Tajbakhsh S. A critical requirement for notch signaling in maintenance of the quiescent skeletal muscle stem cell state. Stem Cells. 2012;30:243-52 pubmed publisher..This study establishes Notch signaling pathway as the first regulator of cellular quiescence in adult muscle stem cells. ..
- Gayraud Morel B, Chretien F, Jory A, Sambasivan R, Negroni E, Flamant P, et al. Myf5 haploinsufficiency reveals distinct cell fate potentials for adult skeletal muscle stem cells. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:1738-49 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for how stem cell fates can be modulated by crucial transcription factors while generating a pool of responsive heterogeneous cells. ..
- Pereira de Sousa A, Berthault C, Granato A, Dias S, Ramond C, Kee B, et al. Inhibitors of DNA binding proteins restrict T cell potential by repressing Notch1 expression in Flt3-negative common lymphoid progenitors. J Immunol. 2012;189:3822-30 pubmed publisher..This study identifies Id proteins as negative regulators of T cell specification, before B and NK commitment, and provides important insights into the transcriptional networks orchestrating hematopoiesis. ..
- Cremer I, Dieu Nosjean M, Maréchal S, Dezutter Dambuyant C, Goddard S, Adams D, et al. Long-lived immature dendritic cells mediated by TRANCE-RANK interaction. Blood. 2002;100:3646-55 pubmed..Upon maturation, they lose TRANCE, making them, like CD1a(+) DCs, dependent on exogenous TRANCE for survival. These findings provide evidence that TRANCE and RANK play important roles in the homeostasis of DCs. ..
- Haumaitre C, Reber M, Cereghini S. Functions of HNF1 family members in differentiation of the visceral endoderm cell lineage. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40933-42 pubmed..Thus, in this context, HNF1 functionally replaces both vHNF1 isoforms, suggesting that the different developmental functions of these transcription factors are mainly due to the acquisition of novel expression patterns. ..
- Fasseu M, Aplan P, Chopin M, Boissel N, Bories J, Soulier J, et al. p16INK4A tumor suppressor gene expression and CD3epsilon deficiency but not pre-TCR deficiency inhibit TAL1-linked T-lineage leukemogenesis. Blood. 2007;110:2610-9 pubmed..We also show that the CD3epsilon-mediated signal transduction pathway is essential for this transformation process, since the TAL1xLMO1xCD3epsilon-deficient mice do not develop T-ALL for up to 1 year. ..
- Andreu P, Peignon G, Slomianny C, Taketo M, Colnot S, Robine S, et al. A genetic study of the role of the Wnt/beta-catenin signalling in Paneth cell differentiation. Dev Biol. 2008;324:288-96 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings show that a high level of beta-catenin activation is required to determine Paneth cell fate and that fine tuning of beta-catenin signalling is critical for correct Paneth cell lineage...
- Dard N, Le T, Maro B, Louvet Vallee S. Inactivation of aPKClambda reveals a context dependent allocation of cell lineages in preimplantation mouse embryos. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7117 pubmed publisher..Cell shape is able to influence both the type of division (symmetric or asymmetric) and the position of the blastomeres within the embryo. ..
- Guy Grand D, Vassalli P, Eberl G, Pereira P, Burlen Defranoux O, Lemaitre F, et al. Origin, trafficking, and intraepithelial fate of gut-tropic T cells. J Exp Med. 2013;210:1839-54 pubmed publisher..These events occur continuously as part of the normal IEL dynamics. ..
- Sackmann Sala L, Boutillon F, Menara G, De Goyon Pélard A, Leprévost M, Codzamanian J, et al. A rare castration-resistant progenitor cell population is highly enriched in Pten-null prostate tumours. J Pathol. 2017;243:51-64 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Bruneau S, Mourrain P, Rosa F. Expression of contact, a new zebrafish DVR member, marks mesenchymal cell lineages in the developing pectoral fins and head and is regulated by retinoic acid. Mech Dev. 1997;65:163-73 pubmed
- Ravassard P, Cote F, Grondin B, Bazinet M, Mallet J, Aubry M. ZNF74, a gene deleted in DiGeorge syndrome, is expressed in human neural crest-derived tissues and foregut endoderm epithelia. Genomics. 1999;62:82-5 pubmed..Thus, the restricted expression of ZNF74 in structures affected in DGS suggests a role for this putative regulator of gene expression in aspects of the DGS phenotype. ..
- Wei Y, Fabre M, Branchereau S, Gauthier F, Perilongo G, Buendia M. Activation of beta-catenin in epithelial and mesenchymal hepatoblastomas. Oncogene. 2000;19:498-504 pubmed
- Marodon G, Mouly E, Blair E, Frisen C, Lemoine F, Klatzmann D. Specific transgene expression in human and mouse CD4+ cells using lentiviral vectors with regulatory sequences from the CD4 gene. Blood. 2003;101:3416-23 pubmed..Ultimately, these vectors may prove useful for in situ injections for in vivo gene therapy of HIV infection or genetic immunodeficiencies. ..
- Orgogozo V, Schweisguth F, Bellaiche Y. Slit-Robo signalling prevents sensory cells from crossing the midline in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2004;121:427-36 pubmed..Our study indicates that midline-secreted Slit prevents vmd1a sensory cells from crossing the midline and thereby maintains PNS bilateral symmetry during development. ..
- Grimaldi P, Parras C, Guillemot F, Rossi F, Wassef M. Origins and control of the differentiation of inhibitory interneurons and glia in the cerebellum. Dev Biol. 2009;328:422-33 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Ascl1 directs ventricular neuroepithelium progenitors towards inhibitory interneuron fate and restricts their ability to differentiate along the astroglial lineage. ..
- Maire C, Buchet D, Kerninon C, Deboux C, Baron van Evercooren A, Nait Oumesmar B. Directing human neural stem/precursor cells into oligodendrocytes by overexpression of Olig2 transcription factor. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:3438-46 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates that bHLH transcription factors, such as Olig2, are interesting targets for directing hNPC into myelinating oligodendrocytes. ..
- Alhaj Hussen K, Vu Manh T, Guimiot F, Nelson E, Chabaane E, Delord M, et al. Molecular and Functional Characterization of Lymphoid Progenitor Subsets Reveals a Bipartite Architecture of Human Lymphopoiesis. Immunity. 2017;47:680-696.e8 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we propose a "two-family" model of human lymphoid development that differs from the prevailing model of hematopoiesis. ..
- Murray K, Calaora V, Rottkamp C, Guicherit O, Dubois Dalcq M. Sonic hedgehog is a potent inducer of rat oligodendrocyte development from cortical precursors in vitro. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2002;19:320-32 pubmed..Shh selectively triggered mitosis of OP but not neuronal progenitors and enhanced growth of neonatal OP. Thus Shh in E15-17 embryonic neocortex can signal CP to adopt an oligodendrocyte fate and favors expansion of this lineage. ..
- Cartry J, Nichane M, Ribes V, Colas A, Riou J, Pieler T, et al. Retinoic acid signalling is required for specification of pronephric cell fate. Dev Biol. 2006;299:35-51 pubmed..Raldh2 knockout mouse embryos fail to initiate the expression of early kidney-specific genes, suggesting that implication of RA signalling in the early steps of kidney formation is evolutionary conserved in vertebrates. ..
- Morin X, Bellaiche Y. Mitotic spindle orientation in asymmetric and symmetric cell divisions during animal development. Dev Cell. 2011;21:102-19 pubmed publisher..Many recent studies show that future advances in the field of mitotic spindle orientation will arise from combinations of physical perturbation and modeling with classical genetics and developmental biology approaches. ..
- Xu W, Domingues R, Fonseca Pereira D, Ferreira M, Ribeiro H, Lopez Lastra S, et al. NFIL3 orchestrates the emergence of common helper innate lymphoid cell precursors. Cell Rep. 2015;10:2043-54 pubmed publisher..Our data establish NFIL3 as a key regulator of common helper-like ILC progenitors as they emerge during early lymphopoiesis. ..
- Tajbakhsh S, Buckingham M. Lineage restriction of the myogenic conversion factor myf-5 in the brain. Development. 1995;121:4077-83 pubmed..These observations raise questions about the role of myf-5 in neurogenesis as well as myogenesis, and introduce a new lineage marker for the developing brain. ..
- Gho M, Schweisguth F. Frizzled signalling controls orientation of asymmetric sense organ precursor cell divisions in Drosophila. Nature. 1998;393:178-81 pubmed..This difference in cell-division orientation is largely independent of the identity of the secondary precursor cells, and is regulated by Frizzled-independent mechanisms. ..
- Di Santo J, Radtke F, Rodewald H. To be or not to be a pro-T?. Curr Opin Immunol. 2000;12:159-65 pubmed
- Schmitt C, Fohrer H, Beaudet S, Palmer P, Alpha M, Canque B, et al. Identification of mature and immature human thymic dendritic cells that differentially express HLA-DR and interleukin-3 receptor in vivo. J Leukoc Biol. 2000;68:836-44 pubmed..Their function in the thymus remains therefore to be elucidated. ..
- Goardon N, Schuh A, Hajar I, Ma X, Jouault H, Dzierzak E, et al. Ectopic expression of TAL-1 protein in Ly-6E.1-htal-1 transgenic mice induces defects in B- and T-lymphoid differentiation. Blood. 2002;100:491-500 pubmed..Altogether, these results enlighten the fine-tuning of TAL-1 expression during adult hematopoiesis and indicate why TAL-1 expression has to be switched off in the lymphoid lineages. ..
- Orgogozo V, Schweisguth F. Evolution of the larval peripheral nervous system in Drosophila species has involved a change in sensory cell lineage. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:442-52 pubmed..Our analysis of sensory organ development in D. busckii suggests that this specific loss resulted from a transformation in cell lineage, from a multidendritic-neuron-external-sensory-organ lineage to a multidendritic-neuron-solo lineage...
- Audibert A, Simon F, Gho M. Cell cycle diversity involves differential regulation of Cyclin E activity in the Drosophila bristle cell lineage. Development. 2005;132:2287-97 pubmed..Finally, we show that the fate determinant factor, Tramtrack, downregulates Cyclin E expression and is probably involved in the exit of the cells from the cell cycle. ..
- Cazabat L, Guillaud Bataille M, Bertherat J, Raffin Sanson M. Mutations of the gene for the aryl hydrocarbon receptor-interacting protein in pituitary adenomas. Horm Res. 2009;71:132-41 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing could be discussed for FIPAs and in young acromegalic patients with a sporadic presentation. Functional studies are needed to understand AIP-induced tumorigenesis. ..
- Shoji H, Deltour L, Nakamura T, Tajbakhsh S, Poirier F. Expression pattern and role of Galectin1 during early mouse myogenesis. Dev Growth Differ. 2009;51:607-15 pubmed publisher..However, early myogenesis does not seem affected in Galectin1 null mutant embryos indicating that, unlike in the adult, Galectin1 does not play a role in muscle fate acquisition during development. ..
- Sawa S, Cherrier M, Lochner M, Satoh Takayama N, Fehling H, Langa F, et al. Lineage relationship analysis of RORgammat+ innate lymphoid cells. Science. 2010;330:665-9 pubmed publisher..Contrary to ROR?t(+) T cells, however, ROR?t(+) ILCs develop in the absence of microbiota. Our study indicates that ROR?t(+) ILCs evolve to preempt intestinal colonization by microbial symbionts...
- Seach N, Guerri L, Le Bourhis L, Mburu Y, Cui Y, Bessoles S, et al. Double-positive thymocytes select mucosal-associated invariant T cells. J Immunol. 2013;191:6002-9 pubmed publisher..The revelation of a common cell type for the selection of both NKT and MAIT subsets raises questions about the mechanisms underlying acquisition of their specific features. ..
- Forterre P. The common ancestor of archaea and eukarya was not an archaeon. Archaea. 2013;2013:372396 pubmed publisher..Eukarya probably evolved toward complexity with the help of retroviruses and large DNA viruses, whereas similar selection pressure (thermoreduction) could explain why the archaeal and bacterial mobilomes somehow resemble each other. ..
- Tajbakhsh S, Rocancourt D, Buckingham M. Muscle progenitor cells failing to respond to positional cues adopt non-myogenic fates in myf-5 null mice. Nature. 1996;384:266-70 pubmed..In its absence, muscle progenitors, having activated myf-5, remain multipotent and differentiate into other somitic derivatives according to their local environment. ..
- Nguyen Khac F, Davi F, Receveur A, Maloum K, Morel V, Le Garff Tavernier M, et al. Burkitt-type acute leukemia in a patient with B-prolymphocytic leukemia: evidence for a common origin. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2005;159:74-8 pubmed..These data indicated the common origin of the two coexisting leukemias and are the first example of such occurrence in a leukemic patient...
- Lavenu Bombled C, Izac B, Legrand F, Cambot M, Vigier A, Masse J, et al. Glycoprotein Ibalpha promoter drives megakaryocytic lineage-restricted expression after hematopoietic stem cell transduction using a self-inactivating lentiviral vector. Stem Cells. 2007;25:1571-7 pubmed..Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Cartier N, Hacein Bey Abina S, Bartholomae C, Veres G, Schmidt M, Kutschera I, et al. Hematopoietic stem cell gene therapy with a lentiviral vector in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy. Science. 2009;326:818-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, lentiviral-mediated gene therapy of hematopoietic stem cells can provide clinical benefits in ALD. ..
- Zujovic V, Thibaud J, Bachelin C, Vidal M, Coulpier F, Charnay P, et al. Boundary cap cells are highly competitive for CNS remyelination: fast migration and efficient differentiation in PNS and CNS myelin-forming cells. Stem Cells. 2010;28:470-9 pubmed publisher..Second, from a developmental point of view, BC behavior in the demyelinated CNS raises the question of the boundary between central and peripheral myelinating cells. ..
- Coant N, Ben Mkaddem S, Pedruzzi E, Guichard C, Treton X, Ducroc R, et al. NADPH oxidase 1 modulates WNT and NOTCH1 signaling to control the fate of proliferative progenitor cells in the colon. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:2636-50 pubmed publisher..This finding provides the molecular basis for the role of NOX1 in cell proliferation and postmitotic differentiation. ..
- Besson V, Smeriglio P, Wegener A, Relaix F, Nait Oumesmar B, Sassoon D, et al. PW1 gene/paternally expressed gene 3 (PW1/Peg3) identifies multiple adult stem and progenitor cell populations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:11470-5 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that PW1 serves as an invaluable marker for competent self-renewing stem cells in a wide array of adult tissues, and the PW1-reporter mouse serves as a tool for rapid stem cell isolation and characterization. ..
- Garcia Ojeda M, Klein Wolterink R, Lemaitre F, Richard Le Goff O, Hasan M, Hendriks R, et al. GATA-3 promotes T-cell specification by repressing B-cell potential in pro-T cells in mice. Blood. 2013;121:1749-59 pubmed publisher..As such, GATA-3 is essential to sealing in Notch-induced T-cell fate in early thymocyte precursors by promoting T-cell identity through the repression of alternative developmental options. ..
- Lemaitre F, Moreau H, Vedele L, Bousso P. Phenotypic CD8+ T cell diversification occurs before, during, and after the first T cell division. J Immunol. 2013;191:1578-85 pubmed publisher..Our results support the idea that T cell diversification is a continuous process, initiated before clonal expansion and amplified during the first and subsequent cell divisions. ..
- Loulier K, Barry R, Mahou P, Le Franc Y, Supatto W, Matho K, et al. Multiplex cell and lineage tracking with combinatorial labels. Neuron. 2014;81:505-20 pubmed publisher..This method opens new avenues for clonal and functional analysis in varied experimental models and contexts. ..
- Bivik C, MacDonald R, Gunnar E, Mazouni K, Schweisguth F, Thor S. Control of Neural Daughter Cell Proliferation by Multi-level Notch/Su(H)/E(spl)-HLH Signaling. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005984 pubmed publisher..These results point to a multi-level signaling model and may help shed light on the dichotomous proliferative role of Notch signaling in many other systems. ..
- David N, Sapede D, Saint Etienne L, Thisse C, Thisse B, Dambly Chaudiere C, et al. Molecular basis of cell migration in the fish lateral line: role of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and of its ligand, SDF1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:16297-302 pubmed..We conclude that both the formation and the innervation of this system depend on the SDF1-CXCR4 system, which has also been implicated in several migration events in humans, including metastasis formation and lymphocyte homing. ..
- Djian P, Delhomme B. Systematic repeat addition at a precise location in the coding region of the involucrin gene of wild mice reveals their phylogeny. Genetics. 2005;169:2199-208 pubmed..Because the repeat pattern differs in closely related murine taxa, involucrin reveals with greater sensitivity than random nucleotide substitutions the evolutionary relations of the mouse and probably of all murids. ..