Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell differentiation in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: cell differentiation
Publications482 found, 100 shown here
- Lacasa D, Le Liepvre X, Ferre P, Dugail I. Progesterone stimulates adipocyte determination and differentiation 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c gene expression. potential mechanism for the lipogenic effect of progesterone in adipose tissue. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:11512-6 pubmed..This provides a potential mechanism for the lipogenic actions of progesterone on adipose tissue. ..
- Kwan W, Boix C, Gougelet N, Fridman W, Mueller C. LPS induces rapid IL-10 release by M-CSF-conditioned tolerogenic dendritic cell precursors. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:133-41 pubmed..These data suggest that when exposed to inflammatory or microbial signals, M-CSF-conditioned DC precursors can participate in the modulation of inflammation and immune response by rapid release of IL-10. ..
- Sallé J, Campbell S, Gho M, Audibert A. CycA is involved in the control of endoreplication dynamics in the Drosophila bristle lineage. Development. 2012;139:547-57 pubmed publisher..Our work therefore sheds new light on the mechanism underlying endocycles, implicating a process that involves remodelling of the entire cell cycle network rather than simply a restriction of the canonical cell cycle. ..
- Chea S, Schmutz S, Berthault C, Perchet T, Petit M, Burlen Defranoux O, et al. Single-Cell Gene Expression Analyses Reveal Heterogeneous Responsiveness of Fetal Innate Lymphoid Progenitors to Notch Signaling. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1500-1516 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies, in a refined manner, the diversity of transitional stages of ILC development, their transcriptional signatures, and their differential dependence on Notch signaling. ..
- Cabane J, Raphael M, Lamas G, Mossalayi D, Dubois A, Chomette G, et al. Origin of malignant centrofacial granulomas: surface markers and gene rearrangement of malignant cells. Laryngoscope. 1991;101:998-1001 pubmed..In conclusion, despite its remarkable clinical unity, MCFG is a heterogeneous group of neoplastic diseases, most but not all of which may be classified as T-cell lymphoma...
- Gombert J, Tancrede Bohin E, Hameg A, Leite De Moraes M, Vicari A, Bach J, et al. IL-7 reverses NK1+ T cell-defective IL-4 production in the non-obese diabetic mouse. Int Immunol. 1996;8:1751-8 pubmed..These findings confirm the role of IL-7 in NK1+ T cell maturation and suggest that the NK1+ T cell defect in NOD mice could be related to insufficient intrathymic IL-7 bioavailability. ..
- Gresh L, Bourachot B, Reimann A, Guigas B, Fiette L, Garbay S, et al. The SWI/SNF chromatin-remodeling complex subunit SNF5 is essential for hepatocyte differentiation. EMBO J. 2005;24:3313-24 pubmed..Our results emphasize the role of chromatin remodeling in the activation of cell-type-specific genetic programs and driving cell differentiation. ..
- You D, Cochain C, Loinard C, Vilar J, Mees B, Duriez M, et al. Hypertension impairs postnatal vasculogenesis: role of antihypertensive agents. Hypertension. 2008;51:1537-44 pubmed publisher..5-fold, and restored BM-MNCs proangiogenic effects in ischemic hindlimb. In conclusion, alteration in progenitor cell proangiogenic function may participate to the hypertension-induced impairment in postischemic revascularization. ..
- Beziat V, Nguyen S, Exley M, Achour A, Simon T, Chevallier P, et al. Shaping of iNKT cell repertoire after unrelated cord blood transplantation. Clin Immunol. 2010;135:364-73 pubmed publisher..Our results raise the possibility that iNKT cells might play a key role in graft-versus-leukemia activity after UCBT. ..
- ..HSCs and progenitor cells exit the fetal liver and colonize the spleen, where differentiation to the myeloid lineage and particular lymphoid subsets is favored. ..
- Bonaventure J, Kadhom N, Cohen Solal L, Ng K, Bourguignon J, Lasselin C, et al. Reexpression of cartilage-specific genes by dedifferentiated human articular chondrocytes cultured in alginate beads. Exp Cell Res. 1994;212:97-104 pubmed..However it was unable to restore the chondrocytic phenotype in virally transformed cells...
- Aurade F, Pinset C, Chafey P, Gros F, Montarras D. Myf5, MyoD, myogenin and MRF4 myogenic derivatives of the embryonic mesenchymal cell line C3H10T1/2 exhibit the same adult muscle phenotype. Differentiation. 1994;55:185-92 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words)..
- Friocourt G, Kappeler C, Saillour Y, Fauchereau F, Rodriguez M, Bahi N, et al. Doublecortin interacts with the ubiquitin protease DFFRX, which associates with microtubules in neuronal processes. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2005;28:153-64 pubmed..These results thus suggest that in addition to vesicular trafficking, DCX may play a role in the regulation of cell adhesion via its interaction with DFFRX in migrating and differentiating neurons. ..
- Benoist Lasselin C, Gibbs L, Heuertz S, Odent T, Munnich A, Legeai Mallet L. Human immortalized chondrocytes carrying heterozygous FGFR3 mutations: an in vitro model to study chondrodysplasias. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:2593-8 pubmed..This model will be useful for the study of FGFR3 function in cartilage studies and future therapeutic approaches in chondrodysplasias. ..
- Denker E, Manuel M, Leclère L, Le Guyader H, Rabet N. Ordered progression of nematogenesis from stem cells through differentiation stages in the tentacle bulb of Clytia hemisphaerica (Hydrozoa, Cnidaria). Dev Biol. 2008;315:99-113 pubmed publisher..These distinct characteristics make the Clytia TBE a promising experimental system for understanding the mechanisms regulating nematogenesis. ..
- Keophiphath M, Achard V, Henegar C, Rouault C, Clement K, Lacasa D. Macrophage-secreted factors promote a profibrotic phenotype in human preadipocytes. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:11-24 pubmed publisher..This phenomenon might play a role in facilitating the constitution of quiescent preadipocyte pools and eventually in the maintenance and aggravation of increased fat mass in obesity. ..
- Moldrich R, Dauphinot L, Laffaire J, Vitalis T, Herault Y, Beart P, et al. Proliferation deficits and gene expression dysregulation in Down's syndrome (Ts1Cje) neural progenitor cells cultured from neurospheres. J Neurosci Res. 2009;87:3143-52 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, proliferation and gene expression dysregulation detected in the Ts1Cje mice did not require overexpression of the chromosome 21 genes amyloid precursor protein (App) and soluble superoxide dismutase 1 (Sod1). ..
- Parlakian A, Gomaa I, Solly S, Arandel L, Mahale A, Born G, et al. Skeletal muscle phenotypically converts and selectively inhibits metastatic cells in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9299 pubmed publisher..Our findings point to skeletal muscle as a source of therapeutic agents in the treatment of metastatic cancers. ..
- Hube F, Velasco G, Rollin J, Furling D, Francastel C. Steroid receptor RNA activator protein binds to and counteracts SRA RNA-mediated activation of MyoD and muscle differentiation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:513-25 pubmed publisher..This study thus provides a new model for SRA-mediated regulation of MyoD transcriptional activity in the promotion of normal muscle differentiation, which takes into account the nature of SRA molecules present. ..
- De The H, Chen Z. Acute promyelocytic leukaemia: novel insights into the mechanisms of cure. Nat Rev Cancer. 2010;10:775-83 pubmed publisher..Drug-triggered oncoprotein degradation may be a strategy that is applicable to many cancers. ..
- Gibault L, Ferreira C, Pérot G, Audebourg A, Chibon F, Bonnin S, et al. From PTEN loss of expression to RICTOR role in smooth muscle differentiation: complex involvement of the mTOR pathway in leiomyosarcomas and pleomorphic sarcomas. Mod Pathol. 2012;25:197-211 pubmed publisher..As therapeutics directed against the mTOR pathway are assessed in sarcomas, RICTOR overexpression in sarcomas and its links to therapeutic response need to be assessed...
- Bouayad D, Pederzoli Ribeil M, Mocek J, Candalh C, Arlet J, Hermine O, et al. Nuclear-to-cytoplasmic relocalization of the proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) during differentiation involves a chromosome region maintenance 1 (CRM1)-dependent export and is a prerequisite for PCNA antiapoptotic activity in mature neutrophi. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33812-25 pubmed..Nuclear-to-cytoplasmic relocalization that occurred during myeloid differentiation is essential for PCNA antiapoptotic activity in mature neutrophils and is dependent on the newly identified monomerization-dependent PCNA NES. ..
- Tassin M, Beziau A, Gubler M, Boyer B. Spatiotemporal expression of molecules associated with junctional complexes during the in vivo maturation of renal podocytes. Int J Dev Biol. 1994;38:45-54 pubmed..These observations suggest a correlation between the level of expression of these components and an authentic, stable epithelial phenotype. ..
- Debrand E, Chureau C, Arnaud D, Avner P, Heard E. Functional analysis of the DXPas34 locus, a 3' regulator of Xist expression. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:8513-25 pubmed..The expression pattern of DXPas34 during early embryonic development, which we report here, further suggests that it could be implicated in the regulation of imprinted Xist expression. ..
- Savary K, Michaud A, Favier J, Larger E, Corvol P, Gasc J. Role of the renin-angiotensin system in primitive erythropoiesis in the chick embryo. Blood. 2005;105:103-10 pubmed..Both treatments affected hematocrit by decreasing erythroblast proliferation. Thus, the RAS, and its effector peptide angiotensin II in particular, modulates primitive erythropoiesis. ..
- Gomez D, Al Haj Zen A, Borges L, Philippe M, Gutierrez P, Jondeau G, et al. Syndromic and non-syndromic aneurysms of the human ascending aorta share activation of the Smad2 pathway. J Pathol. 2009;218:131-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study highlights independent dysregulations of TGF-beta retention and Smad2 signalling in syndromic and non-syndromic aneurysms of the ascending aorta. ..
- Camus M, Tosolini M, Mlecnik B, Pages F, Kirilovsky A, Berger A, et al. Coordination of intratumoral immune reaction and human colorectal cancer recurrence. Cancer Res. 2009;69:2685-93 pubmed publisher..Investigation of the colorectal cancer primary tumor microenvironment allowed us to uncover the association of favorable outcomes with efficient coordination of the intratumoral immune response. ..
- Jondet M, Agoli Agbo R, Dehennin L. Automatic measurement of epithelium differentiation and classification of cervical intraneoplasia by computerized image analysis. Diagn Pathol. 2010;5:7 pubmed publisher..The automatic measure of epithelium differentiation ratio appears to be a new interesting parameter in computerized image analysis of cervical lesions. ..
- Bernard F, Moreau Fauvarque C, Heitz Marchaland C, Zagar Y, Dumas L, Fouquet S, et al. Role of transmembrane semaphorin Sema6A in oligodendrocyte differentiation and myelination. Glia. 2012;60:1590-604 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Sema6A might have a role in myelination by controlling oligodendrocyte differentiation. ..
- Grampa V, Delous M, Zaidan M, Odye G, Thomas S, Elkhartoufi N, et al. Novel NEK8 Mutations Cause Severe Syndromic Renal Cystic Dysplasia through YAP Dysregulation. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005894 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study demonstrates that NEK8 human mutations cause major organ developmental defects due to altered ciliogenesis and cell differentiation/proliferation through deregulation of the Hippo pathway. ..
- Menkova Garnier I, Hocini H, Foucat E, Tisserand P, Bourdery L, Delaugerre C, et al. P2X7 Receptor Inhibition Improves CD34 T-Cell Differentiation in HIV-Infected Immunological Nonresponders on c-ART. PLoS Pathog. 2016;12:e1005571 pubmed publisher..These findings pave the way for the use of complementary immunotherapies, such as P2X7 antagonists, to restore T-cell lymphopoiesis in INRs. ..
- Garcia Dominguez M, Poquet C, Garel S, Charnay P. Ebf gene function is required for coupling neuronal differentiation and cell cycle exit. Development. 2003;130:6013-25 pubmed..Finally, gain-of-function data raise the possibility that, in addition to these general roles, Ebf genes may be involved in neuronal subtype specification in particular regions of the CNS. ..
- Mouchel Vielh E, Rougeot J, Decoville M, Peronnet F. The MAP kinase ERK and its scaffold protein MP1 interact with the chromatin regulator Corto during Drosophila wing tissue development. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:17 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore suggest that the Enhancer of Trithorax and Polycomb Corto could participate in regulating vein and intervein genes during wing tissue development in response to ERK signaling. ..
- Yanicostas C, Barbieri E, Hibi M, Brice A, Stevanin G, Soussi Yanicostas N. Requirement for zebrafish ataxin-7 in differentiation of photoreceptors and cerebellar neurons. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50705 pubmed publisher..These findings further suggest that altered protein function may play a role in the pathophysiology of the disease, an important step toward the development of future therapeutic strategies. ..
- Rudic M, Milković L, Zarkovic K, Borovic Sunjic S, Sterkers O, Waeg G, et al. The effects of angiotensin II and the oxidative stress mediator 4-hydroxynonenal on human osteoblast-like cell growth: possible relevance to otosclerosis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2013;57:22-8 pubmed publisher..1 and 0.5 nM) reduced necrosis. These results indicate that HNE and Ang II might act mutually dependently in the regulation of bone cell growth and in the pathophysiology of otosclerosis. ..
- Gutjahr A, Papagno L, Nicoli F, Lamoureux A, Vernejoul F, Lioux T, et al. Cutting Edge: A Dual TLR2 and TLR7 Ligand Induces Highly Potent Humoral and Cell-Mediated Immune Responses. J Immunol. 2017;198:4205-4209 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data reveal the potential utility of chimeric adjuvants with synergistic activities mediated via TLRs. ..
- Tajbakhsh S, Buckingham M. Lineage restriction of the myogenic conversion factor myf-5 in the brain. Development. 1995;121:4077-83 pubmed..These observations raise questions about the role of myf-5 in neurogenesis as well as myogenesis, and introduce a new lineage marker for the developing brain. ..
- Aubart F, Sassi Y, Coulombe A, Mougenot N, Vrignaud C, Leprince P, et al. RNA interference targeting STIM1 suppresses vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and neointima formation in the rat. Mol Ther. 2009;17:455-62 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, STIM1 appears as a major regulator of in vitro and in vivo VSMC proliferation, representing a novel and original pharmacological target for prominent vascular proliferative diseases. ..
- Laurent B, Randrianarison Huetz V, Kadri Z, Romeo P, Porteu F, Dumenil D. Gfi-1B promoter remains associated with active chromatin marks throughout erythroid differentiation of human primary progenitor cells. Stem Cells. 2009;27:2153-62 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Gfi-1B behaves as a lineage-affiliated gene with an open chromatin configuration in multipotent progenitors and sustained activation as cells progress throughout erythroid differentiation. ..
- Zujovic V, Thibaud J, Bachelin C, Vidal M, Coulpier F, Charnay P, et al. Boundary cap cells are highly competitive for CNS remyelination: fast migration and efficient differentiation in PNS and CNS myelin-forming cells. Stem Cells. 2010;28:470-9 pubmed publisher..Second, from a developmental point of view, BC behavior in the demyelinated CNS raises the question of the boundary between central and peripheral myelinating cells. ..
- Malet A, Bournaud E, Lan A, Mikogami T, Tom D, Blais A. Bovine lactoferrin improves bone status of ovariectomized mice via immune function modulation. Bone. 2011;48:1028-35 pubmed publisher..Dietary bLF supplementation could have a beneficial effect on postmenopausal bone loss by modulating immune function...
- Lenoir O, Flosseau K, Ma F, Blondeau B, Mai A, Bassel Duby R, et al. Specific control of pancreatic endocrine ?- and ?-cell mass by class IIa histone deacetylases HDAC4, HDAC5, and HDAC9. Diabetes. 2011;60:2861-71 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the epigenetic mechanisms underlying the regulation of endocrine cell development and suggest new strategies for ?-cell differentiation-based therapies. ..
- Cigna N, Farrokhi Moshai E, Brayer S, Marchal Sommé J, Wemeau Stervinou L, Fabre A, et al. The hedgehog system machinery controls transforming growth factor-?-dependent myofibroblastic differentiation in humans: involvement in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2012;181:2126-37 pubmed publisher..These data identify the GLI transcription factors as potential therapeutic targets in lung fibrosis. ..
- Scharfmann R, Rachdi L, Ravassard P. Concise review: in search of unlimited sources of functional human pancreatic beta cells. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2013;2:61-7 pubmed publisher..The main focus of this review concerns recent strategies to generate new sources of human pancreatic beta cells. ..
- Marie P. Targeting integrins to promote bone formation and repair. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2013;9:288-95 pubmed publisher..Strategies that target key integrins expressed by MSCs might, therefore, translate into improved therapies for age-related bone loss and possibly other disorders. ..
- Hermine O, Arlet J, Ribeil J, Guillerm F, Vandekerkhove J, Courtois G. [HSP70, an erythropoiesis regulator that determines the fate of erythroblasts between death and differentiation]. Transfus Clin Biol. 2013;20:144-7 pubmed publisher..These findings open new potential targeted therapies for erythroid disorders. ..
- Lim A, Li Y, Lopez Lastra S, Stadhouders R, Paul F, Casrouge A, et al. Systemic Human ILC Precursors Provide a Substrate for Tissue ILC Differentiation. Cell. 2017;168:1086-1100.e10 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model of tissue ILC differentiation ("ILC-poiesis"), whereby diverse ILC subsets are generated in situ from systemically distributed ILCPs in response to local environmental signals. ..
- Ozon S, Maucuer A, Sobel A. The stathmin family -- molecular and biological characterization of novel mammalian proteins expressed in the nervous system. Eur J Biochem. 1997;248:794-806 pubmed
- Di Santo J, Radtke F, Rodewald H. To be or not to be a pro-T?. Curr Opin Immunol. 2000;12:159-65 pubmed
- Cox R, Garner I, Buckingham M. Transcriptional regulation of actin and myosin genes during differentiation of a mouse muscle cell line. Differentiation. 1990;43:183-91 pubmed..In our culture system the expression of myosin light chains 1F and 3F, which are encoded by a single gene, is uncoupled, 3F predominating. These data are discussed in the context of gene regulation mechanisms...
- Appert A, Fridmacher V, Locquet O, Magre S. Patterns of keratins 8, 18 and 19 during gonadal differentiation in the mouse: sex- and time-dependent expression of keratin 19. Differentiation. 1998;63:273-84 pubmed..The present observations confirm that downregulation of K19 gene expression in the fetal testis is one of the earliest molecular events attesting the commitment of the undifferentiated gonad to the male differentiative pathway. ..
- Piedagnel R, Tiger Y, Lelongt B, Ronco P. Urokinase (u-PA) is produced by collecting duct principal cells and is post-transcriptionally regulated by SV40 large-T, arginine vasopressin, and epidermal growth factor. J Cell Physiol. 2006;206:394-401 pubmed..SVtsA58 cells. EGF increased but AVP suppressed u-PA activity and protein, and these regulations occurred at post-transcriptional level. These results point to a physiological role of u-PA in principal cells of the renal collecting duct. ..
- Menasche P. Skeletal myoblasts as a therapeutic agent. Prog Cardiovasc Dis. 2007;50:7-17 pubmed..In the setting of this second generation of cells, human cardiac-specified embryonic stem cells may hold the greatest promise...
- Talbot J, Fartoux L, Balogova S, Nataf V, Kerrou K, Gutman F, et al. Detection of hepatocellular carcinoma with PET/CT: a prospective comparison of 18F-fluorocholine and 18F-FDG in patients with cirrhosis or chronic liver disease. J Nucl Med. 2010;51:1699-706 pubmed publisher..Thus (18)F-fluorocholine appears to be a useful PET/CT tracer for the detection and surveillance of HCC; however, performing PET/CT with both radiopharmaceuticals seems to be the best option. ..
- Besse L, Neti M, Anselme I, Gerhardt C, Ruther U, Laclef C, et al. Primary cilia control telencephalic patterning and morphogenesis via Gli3 proteolytic processing. Development. 2011;138:2079-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings shed light on the developmental origin of olfactory bulb agenesis and of other brain morphogenetic defects found in human diseases affecting the primary cilium. ..
- Pattyn A, Guillemot F, Brunet J. Delays in neuronal differentiation in Mash1/Ascl1 mutants. Dev Biol. 2006;295:67-75 pubmed..Finally, we provide evidence that the acceleration imposed by Mash1, regardless of the production of post-mitotic cells, affects differentiation itself, both generic and type-specific. ..
- Majlessi L, Combaluzier B, Albrecht I, Garcia J, Nouzé C, Pieters J, et al. Inhibition of phagosome maturation by mycobacteria does not interfere with presentation of mycobacterial antigens by MHC molecules. J Immunol. 2007;179:1825-33 pubmed..These findings are important in the rational design of improved vaccines to combat mycobacterial diseases. ..
- Bohl D, Liu S, Blanchard S, Hocquemiller M, Haase G, Heard J. Directed evolution of motor neurons from genetically engineered neural precursors. Stem Cells. 2008;26:2564-75 pubmed publisher..The strategy thus holds promise for cell replacement in motor neuron and related diseases. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article. ..
- Pizon V, Rybina S, Gerbal F, Delort F, Vicart P, Baldacci G, et al. MURF2B, a novel LC3-binding protein, participates with MURF2A in the switch between autophagy and ubiquitin proteasome system during differentiation of C2C12 muscle cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e76140 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results indicate that MURF2A and MURF2B proteins could participate in the molecular switch between the two ubiquitin degradative pathways. ..
- Duverger O, Paslaru L, Morange M. HSP25 is involved in two steps of the differentiation of PAM212 keratinocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10252-60 pubmed..Later, the chaperone-active form of HSP25 is organized progressively into characteristic aggregates involved in the dynamics of keratin filament networks. ..
- Roger J, Brajeul V, Thomasseau S, Hienola A, Sahel J, Guillonneau X, et al. Involvement of Pleiotrophin in CNTF-mediated differentiation of the late retinal progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2006;298:527-39 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that influence of CNTF family of cytokines on the differentiation of late retinal progenitor cell population is partially mediated by the release of Ptn. ..
- Fasseu M, Aplan P, Chopin M, Boissel N, Bories J, Soulier J, et al. p16INK4A tumor suppressor gene expression and CD3epsilon deficiency but not pre-TCR deficiency inhibit TAL1-linked T-lineage leukemogenesis. Blood. 2007;110:2610-9 pubmed..We also show that the CD3epsilon-mediated signal transduction pathway is essential for this transformation process, since the TAL1xLMO1xCD3epsilon-deficient mice do not develop T-ALL for up to 1 year. ..
- Scharfmann R, Xiao X, Heimberg H, Mallet J, Ravassard P. Beta cells within single human islets originate from multiple progenitors. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3559 pubmed publisher..This human transgenic-like tool can be widely used to elucidate dynamic genetic processes in human tissue formation. ..
- Lamande N, Brosset S, Lucas M, Keller A, Rouzeau J, Johnson T, et al. Transcriptional up-regulation of the mouse gene for the muscle-specific subunit of enolase during terminal differentiation of myogenic cells. Mol Reprod Dev. 1995;41:306-13 pubmed
- Gompel A, Chaouat M, Jacob D, Perrot J, Kloosterboer H, Rostene W. In vitro studies of tibolone in breast cells. Fertil Steril. 2002;78:351-9 pubmed..An increase in HSD activity was observed after tibolone administration. Tibolone is antiproliferative and proapoptotic and induces differentiation in normal breast cells. It is also proapoptotic in breast cancer cell lines. ..
- Zanjani H, Lemaigre Dubreuil Y, Tillakaratne N, Blokhin A, McMahon R, Tobin A, et al. Cerebellar Purkinje cell loss in aging Hu-Bcl-2 transgenic mice. J Comp Neurol. 2004;475:481-92 pubmed
- Andreu P, Colnot S, Godard C, Gad S, Chafey P, Niwa Kawakita M, et al. Crypt-restricted proliferation and commitment to the Paneth cell lineage following Apc loss in the mouse intestine. Development. 2005;132:1443-51 pubmed
- Bredoux R, Corvazier E, Dally S, Chaabane C, Bobe R, Raies A, et al. Human platelet Ca2+-ATPases: new markers of cell differentiation as illustrated in idiopathic scoliosis. Platelets. 2006;17:421-33 pubmed..A systemic defect in cell differentiation involving caspase-3 can be proposed as a novel mechanism in the etiopathogenesis of the most frequent type of AIS. *R. Bredoux and E. Corvazier contributed equally to this work. ..
- Nassar D, Letavernier E, Baud L, Aractingi S, Khosrotehrani K. Calpain activity is essential in skin wound healing and contributes to scar formation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37084 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, calpains are major players in granulation tissue formation. In view of their specific effects on fibroblasts a late inhibition of calpains should be considered for scar reduction. ..
- Melot T, Dauphinot L, Sevenet N, Radvanyi F, Delattre O. Characterization of a new brain-specific isoform of the EWS oncoprotein. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:3483-9 pubmed..The phylogenetic conservation and relationship to neural differentiation strongly suggests an important functional role for this exon. ..
- Kubis N, Levy B. Understanding angiogenesis: a clue for understanding vascular malformations. J Neuroradiol. 2004;31:365-8 pubmed..The balance between pro- and antiangiogenic factors regulates angiogenesis. Ongoing studies dissecting angiogenesis mechanisms offer a new perspective to our understanding of vascular malformations. ..
- Kadri Z, Maouche Chretien L, Rooke H, Orkin S, Romeo P, Mayeux P, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt induced by erythropoietin renders the erythroid differentiation factor GATA-1 competent for TIMP-1 gene transactivation. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7412-22 pubmed..These findings provide the first example of a chain of coupling mechanisms between the binding of erythropoietin to its receptor and GATA-1-dependent gene expression. ..
- Corbel C, Lemarchandel V, Thomas Vaslin V, Pelus A, Agboton C, Romeo P. Neuropilin 1 and CD25 co-regulation during early murine thymic differentiation. Dev Comp Immunol. 2007;31:1082-94 pubmed
- Bourdeaut F, Janoueix Lerosey I, Lucchesi C, Paris R, Ribeiro A, de Pontual L, et al. Cholinergic switch associated with morphological differentiation in neuroblastoma. J Pathol. 2009;219:463-72 pubmed publisher..This switch is associated with a down regulation of DBH that is apparently not strictly dependent upon PHOX2B. Conversely, GATA2 and TFAP2B may play critical roles in maintaining adrenergic features in poorly differentiated tumours. ..
- Baratte S, Bonnaud L. Evidence of early nervous differentiation and early catecholaminergic sensory system during Sepia officinalis embryogenesis. J Comp Neurol. 2009;517:539-49 pubmed publisher..Our findings seem to challenge the widespread, still accepted, view of a late differentiation of cephalopod ganglia, and provides significant data for further investigations about axonal guidance during cephalopod development. ..
- Saujet L, Pereira F, Serrano M, Soutourina O, Monot M, Shelyakin P, et al. Genome-wide analysis of cell type-specific gene transcription during spore formation in Clostridium difficile. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003756 pubmed publisher..difficile in agreement with the lack of pro-?(K) processing. This work is one key step to obtain new insights about the diversity and evolution of the sporulation process among Firmicutes. ..
- Catala F, Wanner R, Barton P, Cohen A, Wright W, Buckingham M. A skeletal muscle-specific enhancer regulated by factors binding to E and CArG boxes is present in the promoter of the mouse myosin light-chain 1A gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:4585-96 pubmed..Mutations within the CArG box distinguish between the binding of this complex and binding of SRF; only SRF binding is directly involved in the specific regulation of the MLC1A gene in skeletal muscle cell lines. ..
- Vasseur F, Le Campion A, Penit C. Scheduled kinetics of cell proliferation and phenotypic changes during immature thymocyte generation. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:3038-47 pubmed..These data show that precursor thymocytes undergo two independent waves of expansion, and that the second wave is restricted to cells capable of pre-TCR expression. ..
- Barnache S, Le Scolan E, Kosmider O, Denis N, Moreau Gachelin F. Phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphatase type II is an erythropoietin-responsive gene. Oncogene. 2006;25:1420-3 pubmed..This study provides first insight for a physiological role of PI-4-phosphatase II in the proerythroblast by controlling Epo responsiveness through a negative regulation of the PI3K/Akt pathway. ..
- Boukhtouche F, Janmaat S, Vodjdani G, Gautheron V, Mallet J, Dusart I, et al. Retinoid-related orphan receptor alpha controls the early steps of Purkinje cell dendritic differentiation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1531-8 pubmed..However, it does not seem to participate to the last stage of dendritic growth. This study identifies RORalpha as a nuclear receptor crucial for the control of dendritic remodeling during development. ..
- Camus A, Perea Gomez A, Moreau A, Collignon J. Absence of Nodal signaling promotes precocious neural differentiation in the mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2006;295:743-55 pubmed
- Gerbaud P, Pidoux G, Guibourdenche J, Pathirage N, Costa J, Badet J, et al. Mesenchymal activin-A overcomes defective human trisomy 21 trophoblast fusion. Endocrinology. 2011;152:5017-28 pubmed publisher..These results show that the defective trophoblast fusion and differentiation associated with T21 can be overcome in vitro and reveal the key role of the fetal mesenchymal core in human trophoblast differentiation. ..
- Mourikis P, Sambasivan R, Castel D, Rocheteau P, Bizzarro V, Tajbakhsh S. A critical requirement for notch signaling in maintenance of the quiescent skeletal muscle stem cell state. Stem Cells. 2012;30:243-52 pubmed publisher..This study establishes Notch signaling pathway as the first regulator of cellular quiescence in adult muscle stem cells. ..
- Moog Lutz C, Peterson E, Lutz P, Eliason S, Cave Riant F, Singer A, et al. PRAM-1 is a novel adaptor protein regulated by retinoic acid (RA) and promyelocytic leukemia (PML)-RA receptor alpha in acute promyelocytic leukemia cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22375-81 pubmed
- Mathieu J, Giraudier S, Lanotte M, Besancon F. Retinoid-induced activation of NF-kappaB in APL cells is not essential for granulocytic differentiation, but prolongs the life span of mature cells. Oncogene. 2005;24:7145-55 pubmed..Our observations also suggest that NF-kappaB signalling may contribute to an accumulation of mature APL cells and participate in the development of ATRA syndrome. ..