Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Versailles, Île de France, France
Locale: Versailles, Île de France, France
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
- Filleur S, Dorbe M, Cerezo M, Orsel M, Granier F, Gojon A, et al. An arabidopsis T-DNA mutant affected in Nrt2 genes is impaired in nitrate uptake. FEBS Lett. 2001;489:220-4 pubmed..Moreover, the de-regulated expression of a Nicotiana plumbaginifolia Nrt2 gene restored the mutant nitrate influx to that of the wild-type. These results demonstrate that plant NRT2 proteins do have a role in HATS. ..
- Mercier R, Jolivet S, Vezon D, Huppe E, Chelysheva L, Giovanni M, et al. Two meiotic crossover classes cohabit in Arabidopsis: one is dependent on MER3,whereas the other one is not. Curr Biol. 2005;15:692-701 pubmed..Arabidopsis therefore has at least two pathways for crossover formation, one giving rise to interference-sensitive crossover and the other to independently distributed crossovers. ..
- Libeau P, Durandet M, Granier F, Marquis C, Berthomé R, Renou J, et al. Gene expression profiling of Arabidopsis meiocytes. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2011;13:784-93 pubmed publisher..Both methods resulted in gene clusters enriched in meiosis-specific genes (from 14- to 55-fold). Analysis of these data provided a unique set of genes that will be pivotal to further analysis aimed at understanding the meiotic process. ..
- Macaisne N, Vignard J, Mercier R. SHOC1 and PTD form an XPF-ERCC1-like complex that is required for formation of class I crossovers. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2687-91 pubmed publisher..We propose that a XPF-ERCC1-like heterodimer, represented by SHOC1 and PTD in Arabidopsis, involving Zip2 in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and C9orf84 in human, is required for formation of class I crossovers. ..
- Jasinski S, Lecureuil A, Miquel M, Loudet O, Raffaele S, Froissard M, et al. Natural variation in seed very long chain fatty acid content is controlled by a new isoform of KCS18 in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49261 pubmed publisher..Identification of this kcs18 mutant with altered activity opens new perspectives for the modulation of oil composition in crop plants. ..
- Hoff T, Schnorr K, Meyer C, Caboche M. Isolation of two Arabidopsis cDNAs involved in early steps of molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis by functional complementation of Escherichia coli mutants. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:6100-7 pubmed..The Cnx2 gene has been mapped to chromosome II. Southern analysis suggests that both genes exist as single copies in the genome. ..
- Drouaud J, Khademian H, Giraut L, Zanni V, Bellalou S, Henderson I, et al. Contrasted patterns of crossover and non-crossover at Arabidopsis thaliana meiotic recombination hotspots. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003922 pubmed publisher..Finally, factors acting in cis and in trans appear to shape the rate and distribution of COs at meiotic recombination hotspots. ..
- Bischoff V, Selbig J, Scheible W. Involvement of TBL/DUF231 proteins into cell wall biology. Plant Signal Behav. 2010;5:1057-9 pubmed..The implications of these findings in regard to TBL functions are discussed. ..
- Cromer L, Jolivet S, Horlow C, Chelysheva L, Heyman J, De Jaeger G, et al. Centromeric cohesion is protected twice at meiosis, by SHUGOSHINs at anaphase I and by PATRONUS at interkinesis. Curr Biol. 2013;23:2090-9 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that centromeric cohesion is actively protected at two successive stages of meiosis, by SHUGOSHINs at anaphase I and by PATRONUS at interkinesis. ..
- Vaucheret H. AGO1 homeostasis involves differential production of 21-nt and 22-nt miR168 species by MIR168a and MIR168b. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6442 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 22-nt miR168 ensures basal cleavage of AGO1 mRNA whereas 21-nt miR168 permits an effective response to endogenous or environmental fluctuations owing to its preferential stabilization by AGO1. ..
- d Erfurth I, Jolivet S, Froger N, Catrice O, Novatchkova M, Simon M, et al. Mutations in AtPS1 (Arabidopsis thaliana parallel spindle 1) lead to the production of diploid pollen grains. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000274 pubmed publisher..The isolation of a gene involved in diplogamete production opens the way for new strategies in plant breeding programmes and progress in evolutionary studies. ..
- Vignard J, Siwiec T, Chelysheva L, Vrielynck N, Gonord F, Armstrong S, et al. The interplay of RecA-related proteins and the MND1-HOP2 complex during meiosis in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:1894-906 pubmed..Furthermore, they highlight a direct interaction between MND1 and RAD51 and show a functional divergence between RAD51 and XRCC3. ..
- De Muyt A, Vezon D, Gendrot G, Gallois J, Stevens R, Grelon M. AtPRD1 is required for meiotic double strand break formation in Arabidopsis thaliana. EMBO J. 2007;26:4126-37 pubmed..Moreover, our study reveals similarity between AtPRD1 and the mammalian protein Mei1, suggesting that AtPRD1 could be a Mei1 functional homologue. ..
- Deprost D, Yao L, Sormani R, Moreau M, Leterreux G, Nicolaï M, et al. The Arabidopsis TOR kinase links plant growth, yield, stress resistance and mRNA translation. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:864-70 pubmed..Thus, we propose that the AtTOR kinase is one of the contributors to the link between environmental cues and growth processes in plants. ..
- Crismani W, Portemer V, Froger N, Chelysheva L, Horlow C, Vrielynck N, et al. MCM8 is required for a pathway of meiotic double-strand break repair independent of DMC1 in Arabidopsis thaliana. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003165 pubmed publisher..We propose that MCM8 is involved with RAD51 in a backup pathway that repairs meiotic DSB without giving CO when the major pathway, which relies on DMC1, fails. ..
- Xu W, Grain D, Le Gourrierec J, Harscoët E, Berger A, Jauvion V, et al. Regulation of flavonoid biosynthesis involves an unexpected complex transcriptional regulation of TT8 expression, in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2013;198:59-70 pubmed publisher..They shed new light into the transcriptional regulation of flavonoid biosynthesis and provide new clues and tools for further investigation in Arabidopsis and other plant species. ..
- Le Masson I, Jauvion V, Bouteiller N, Rivard M, Elmayan T, Vaucheret H. Mutations in the Arabidopsis H3K4me2/3 demethylase JMJ14 suppress posttranscriptional gene silencing by decreasing transgene transcription. Plant Cell. 2012;24:3603-12 pubmed publisher..Removing JMJ14 likely allows other H3K4 demethylases encoded by the Arabidopsis thaliana genome to act on transgenes and reduce transcription levels, thus preventing the triggering of S-PTGS. ..
- Dechorgnat J, Patrit O, Krapp A, Fagard M, Daniel Vedele F. Characterization of the Nrt2.6 gene in Arabidopsis thaliana: a link with plant response to biotic and abiotic stress. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42491 pubmed publisher..amylovora and treatment with the redox-active herbicide methyl viologen, suggesting a probable link between NRT2.6 activity and the production of ROS in response to biotic and abiotic stress. ..
- Berthet S, Demont Caulet N, Pollet B, Bidzinski P, Cézard L, Le Bris P, et al. Disruption of LACCASE4 and 17 results in tissue-specific alterations to lignification of Arabidopsis thaliana stems. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1124-37 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that both LAC4 and LAC17 contribute to the constitutive lignification of Arabidopsis stems and that LAC17 is involved in the deposition of G lignin units in fibers. ..
- Poormohammad Kiani S, Trontin C, Andreatta M, Simon M, Robert T, Salt D, et al. Allelic heterogeneity and trade-off shape natural variation for response to soil micronutrient. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002814 pubmed publisher..Resolving such a case of allelic heterogeneity helps explain species-wide phenotypic variation for Mo homeostasis and potentially reveals trade-off effects, a finding still rarely linked to fitness. ..
- Crismani W, Girard C, Froger N, Pradillo M, Santos J, Chelysheva L, et al. FANCM limits meiotic crossovers. Science. 2012;336:1588-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, FANCM is a key factor imposing an upper limit on the number of meiotic COs, and its manipulation holds much promise for plant breeding. ..
- Guiboileau A, Yoshimoto K, Soulay F, Bataillé M, Avice J, Masclaux Daubresse C. Autophagy machinery controls nitrogen remobilization at the whole-plant level under both limiting and ample nitrate conditions in Arabidopsis. New Phytol. 2012;194:732-40 pubmed publisher..We conclude that autophagy core machinery is needed for nitrogen remobilization and seed filling. ..
- Truernit E, Bauby H, Belcram K, Barthélémy J, Palauqui J. OCTOPUS, a polarly localised membrane-associated protein, regulates phloem differentiation entry in Arabidopsis thaliana. Development. 2012;139:1306-15 pubmed publisher..We propose that OPS participates in vascular differentiation by interpreting longitudinal signals that lead to the transformation of vascular initials into differentiating protophloem cells. ..
- Crowell E, Timpano H, Desprez T, Franssen Verheijen T, Emons A, Hofte H, et al. Differential regulation of cellulose orientation at the inner and outer face of epidermal cells in the Arabidopsis hypocotyl. Plant Cell. 2011;23:2592-605 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the previously underestimated complexity of cortical microtubule organization in the shoot epidermis and underscores a role for the inner tissues in the regulation of growth anisotropy...
- d Erfurth I, Cromer L, Jolivet S, Girard C, Horlow C, Sun Y, et al. The cyclin-A CYCA1;2/TAM is required for the meiosis I to meiosis II transition and cooperates with OSD1 for the prophase to first meiotic division transition. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000989 pubmed publisher..This suggests that TAM and OSD1 are involved in the control of both meiotic transitions. ..
- Loudet O, Saliba Colombani V, Camilleri C, Calenge F, Gaudon V, Koprivova A, et al. Natural variation for sulfate content in Arabidopsis thaliana is highly controlled by APR2. Nat Genet. 2007;39:896-900 pubmed..Our new insights on sulfate assimilation may have an impact on sulfur fertilizer use and stress defense improvement. ..
- Bouche N, Lauressergues D, Gasciolli V, Vaucheret H. An antagonistic function for Arabidopsis DCL2 in development and a new function for DCL4 in generating viral siRNAs. EMBO J. 2006;25:3347-56 pubmed..Given the complexity of the small RNA repertoire in plants, the implication of each DCL, in particular DCL2, in the production of small RNAs that have no known function will constitute one of the next challenges. ..
- Minic Z, Rihouey C, Do C, Lerouge P, Jouanin L. Purification and characterization of enzymes exhibiting beta-D-xylosidase activities in stem tissues of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2004;135:867-78 pubmed..High enzyme activities are most likely related to the necessary modifications of cell wall structure occurring during plant growth. ..
- Mourrain P, Beclin C, Elmayan T, Feuerbach F, Godon C, Morel J, et al. Arabidopsis SGS2 and SGS3 genes are required for posttranscriptional gene silencing and natural virus resistance. Cell. 2000;101:533-42 pubmed..Both sgs2 and sgs3 mutants show enhanced susceptibility to virus, definitively proving that PTGS is an antiviral defense mechanism that can also target transgene RNA for degradation. ..
- Hematy K, Sado P, van Tuinen A, Rochange S, Desnos T, Balzergue S, et al. A receptor-like kinase mediates the response of Arabidopsis cells to the inhibition of cellulose synthesis. Curr Biol. 2007;17:922-31 pubmed..The results show that THE1 mediates the response of growing plant cells to the perturbation of cellulose synthesis and may act as a cell-wall-integrity sensor. ..
- Pourcel L, Routaboul J, Kerhoas L, Caboche M, Lepiniec L, Debeaujon I. TRANSPARENT TESTA10 encodes a laccase-like enzyme involved in oxidative polymerization of flavonoids in Arabidopsis seed coat. Plant Cell. 2005;17:2966-80 pubmed..Together, these data establish that TT10 is involved in the oxidative polymerization of flavonoids and functions as a laccase-type flavonoid oxidase. ..
- Baud S, Bellec Y, Miquel M, Bellini C, Caboche M, Lepiniec L, et al. gurke and pasticcino3 mutants affected in embryo development are impaired in acetyl-CoA carboxylase. EMBO Rep. 2004;5:515-20 pubmed