Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on antiviral agents in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Topic: antiviral agents
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Benoist G, Leruez Ville M, Magny J, Jacquemard F, Salomon L, Ville Y. Management of pregnancies with confirmed cytomegalovirus fetal infection. Fetal Diagn Ther. 2013;33:203-14 pubmed publisher..This prenatal diagnosis is mainly performed when ultrasound abnormalities are observed. The purpose of this mini-review is to describe the management options when a fetus is known to be infected. ..
- Zeuzem S, HÃ©zode C, Bronowicki J, Loustaud Ratti V, Gea F, Buti M, et al. Daclatasvir plus simeprevir with or without ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus genotype 1 infection. J Hepatol. 2016;64:292-300 pubmed publisher..Daclatasvir plus simeprevir, with or without ribavirin, was effective with a 12- or 24-week duration in genotype 1b-infected patients and was well tolerated. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01628692. ..
- Brouard C, Boussac Zarebska M, Silvain C, Durand J, de LÃ©dinghen V, Pillonel J, et al. Rapid and large-scale implementation of HCV treatment advances in France, 2007-2015. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:784 pubmed publisher..Successive advances in HCV treatment have been rapidly and widely implemented in France. With the announcement of universal access to DAAs in mid-2016 and price reductions, access to 2nd-wave DAAs is expected to expand even more. ..
- Sene D, Touitou V, Bodaghi B, Saadoun D, Perlemuter G, Cassoux N, et al. Intraocular complications of IFN-alpha and ribavirin therapy in patients with chronic viral hepatitis C. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:3137-40 pubmed..Rare as they are, such severe ophthalmological complications require a close follow-up of HCV-infected patients under IFN-alpha treatment with ophthalmological monitoring if any ocular manifestation occurs. ..
- Oksenhendler E. HIV-associated multicentric Castleman disease. Curr Opin HIV AIDS. 2009;4:16-21 pubmed
- Saadoun D, Resche Rigon M, Sene D, Terrier B, Karras A, Perard L, et al. Rituximab plus Peg-interferon-alpha/ribavirin compared with Peg-interferon-alpha/ribavirin in hepatitis C-related mixed cryoglobulinemia. Blood. 2010;116:326-34; quiz 504-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that rituximab combined with Peg-IFN-alpha/ribavirin is well tolerated and more effective than Peg-IFN-alpha/ribavirin in HCV-MC. ..
- Arends J, Lieveld F, Boeijen L, de Kanter C, van Erpecum K, Salmon D, et al. Natural history and treatment of HCV/HIV coinfection: Is it time to change paradigms?. J Hepatol. 2015;63:1254-62 pubmed publisher..Additional importance of therapy is directed to drug-drug interactions and the impact of HCV reinfection, as well as the possibility of transmitted drug resistance. ..
- Cousien A, Leclerc P, Morissette C, Bruneau J, Roy Ã, Tran V, et al. The need for treatment scale-up to impact HCV transmission in people who inject drugs in MontrÃ©al, Canada: a modelling study. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:162 pubmed publisher..A substantial treatment scale-up, regardless of fibrosis level, is necessary. While improving the rest of the cascade of care is necessary to optimize a TasP strategy and control the HCV epidemic, a treatment scale-up is first needed. ..
- Denis J, Chouraqui P, Karpouzas I, Hoang Xuan T, Pouliquen Y. [Treatment of superficial herpes simplex keratitis with vidarabine (Vira A): multicenter study of 100 cases]. J Fr Ophtalmol. 1990;13:143-50 pubmed..Tolerance to Vira A ointment is good. Indications of Ara-A during ocular herpes are superficial keratitis, especially those resistant to IDU or, from experimental data, to ACV, and their prevention by a possible long term treatment...
- Boulanger E, Agbalika F, Maarek O, Daniel M, Grollet L, Molina J, et al. A clinical, molecular and cytogenetic study of 12 cases of human herpesvirus 8 associated primary effusion lymphoma in HIV-infected patients. Hematol J. 2001;2:172-9 pubmed
- Dhote R, Simon J, Papo T, Detournay B, Sailler L, Andre M, et al. Reactive hemophagocytic syndrome in adult systemic disease: report of twenty-six cases and literature review. Arthritis Rheum. 2003;49:633-9 pubmed..In contrast, when RHS is present concomitantly with an active infection, immunosuppressive therapy needs to be lowered and antibiotic therapy should be instituted. ..
- Gozlan J, Lacombe K, Gault E, Raguin G, Girard P. Complete cure of HBV-HDV co-infection after 24weeks of combination therapy with pegylated interferon and ribavirin in a patient co-infected with HBV/HCV/HDV/HIV. J Hepatol. 2009;50:432-4 pubmed publisher..An unexpected and extensive HDV replication was observed in this patient after HBs Ag had cleared from the serum, which was followed by a stable halt in HDV replication. Implications of this unusual observation will be discussed. ..
- Ancel D, Amiot X, Chaslin Ferbus D, Hagege I, Garioud A, Girot R, et al. Treatment of chronic hepatitis C in sickle cell disease and thalassaemic patients with interferon and ribavirin. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;21:726-9 pubmed publisher..No earlier study of excellent haematological tolerance among SCD patients under ribavirin has been reported to date. The results of this study suggest that full dose ribavirin could be used from the start of treatment in SCD patients. ..
- Agut H. Deciphering the clinical impact of acute human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) infections. J Clin Virol. 2011;52:164-71 pubmed publisher..This emphasizes the need for controlled studies addressing both the clinical impact and therapy of HHV-6 AIs. ..
- Pol S, Ghalib R, Rustgi V, Martorell C, Everson G, Tatum H, et al. Daclatasvir for previously untreated chronic hepatitis C genotype-1 infection: a randomised, parallel-group, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-finding, phase 2a trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2012;12:671-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the further development of regimens containing 60 mg daclatasvir for the treatment of chronic genotype-1 HCV infection. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Poynard T, Bruix J, Schiff E, Diago M, Berg T, Moreno Otero R, et al. Improved inflammatory activity with peginterferon alfa-2b maintenance therapy in non-cirrhotic prior non-responders: a randomized study. J Hepatol. 2013;58:452-9 pubmed publisher..5 years. Both FibroTest and ActiTest were significantly improved during maintenance therapy. ..
- Gasnault J, Taoufik Y. [New trends in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy]. Rev Neurol (Paris). 2006;162:43-56 pubmed..New trends in the understanding of the cellular immune response against the JC virus have direct implications for patient management and may lead to develop future strategy of immunotherapies for PML. ..
- Gabison E, Alfonsi N, Doan S, Racine L, Sultan G, Baudouin C, et al. Archipelago keratitis: a clinical variant of recurrent herpetic keratitis?. Ophthalmology. 2007;114:2000-5 pubmed..Archipelago keratitis may be a new clinical variant of herpetic keratitis, reflecting herpetic dissemination from the limbus to the center of the cornea. ..
- Jouanguy E, Zhang S, Chapgier A, Sancho Shimizu V, Puel A, Picard C, et al. Human primary immunodeficiencies of type I interferons. Biochimie. 2007;89:878-83 pubmed..These novel inherited disorders strongly suggest that type I IFN-mediated immunity is essential for protection against natural infections caused by several viruses in humans. ..
- Descamps V, Landry J, Frances C, Marinho E, Ratziu V, Chosidow O. Facial cosmetic filler injections as possible target for systemic sarcoidosis in patients treated with interferon for chronic hepatitis C: two cases. Dermatology. 2008;217:81-4 pubmed publisher..We propose to perform a test for a hepatitis C virus infection before injecting a dermal filler and to inform the patient of this risk in case of a hepatitis C infection that could necessitate an interferon treatment. ..
- Guillevin L, Pagnoux C. [Treatment of systemic vasculitides]. Rev Prat. 2008;58:541-4 pubmed..The treatment duration of non-infectious vasculitides is typically 18 to 24 months. The improvement in prognosis is due to the treatment as well as to anti-infectious prophylaxis and careful management of potential complications. ..
- Poizot Martin I, Bellissant E, Garraffo R, Colson P, Piroth L, Solas C, et al. Addition of boceprevir to PEG-interferon/ribavirin in HIV-HCV-Genotype-1-coinfected, treatment-experienced patients: efficacy, safety, and pharmacokinetics data from the ANRS HC27 study. HIV Clin Trials. 2016;17:63-71 pubmed publisher..Scarce data exist on the efficacy and safety of the PEGylated-interferon/ribavirin/boceprevir regimen in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients who failed to respond to PEGylated-interferon/ribavirin treatment...
- Papeix C, Dumurgier J, Milea D, Pierrot D. [Complete ophthalmoplegia complicating ophthalmic herpes zoster]. Rev Neurol (Paris). 2005;161:590-2 pubmed..MRI showed an associated ipsilateral temporal meningioma with cavernous sinus extension. We discuss the possible responsibility of these two conditions in the ocular motor signs. ..
- Medeiros R, Rameix Welti M, Lorin V, Ribaud P, Manuguerra J, Socie G, et al. Failure of zanamivir therapy for pneumonia in a bone-marrow transplant recipient infected by a zanamivir-sensitive influenza A (H1N1) virus. Antivir Ther. 2007;12:571-6 pubmed..Subsequent oral treatment with oseltamivir allowed complete recovery. Poor bioavailability of zanamivir in the peripheral lungs might have been limiting treatment efficacy in such an immunocompromised patient. ..
- Delaugerre C, Chaix M, Blanche S, Warszawski J, Cornet D, Dollfus C, et al. Perinatal acquisition of drug-resistant HIV-1 infection: mechanisms and long-term outcome. Retrovirology. 2009;6:85 pubmed publisher..In most cases (75%), drug resistance was archived in the cellular reservoir and persisted during infancy, with or without antiretroviral treatment. This finding stresses the need for effective antiretroviral treatment of pregnant women. ..
- Topalis D, Pradère U, Roy V, Caillat C, Azzouzi A, Broggi J, et al. Novel antiviral C5-substituted pyrimidine acyclic nucleoside phosphonates selected as human thymidylate kinase substrates. J Med Chem. 2011;54:222-32 pubmed publisher..19 ?M), in contrast to the corresponding inactive (Z) derivatives. Thus, their antiviral activity correlates with their ability to act as thymidylate kinase substrates. ..
- Rozenberg F, Deback C, Agut H. Herpes simplex encephalitis : from virus to therapy. Infect Disord Drug Targets. 2011;11:235-50 pubmed..Nevertheless the identification and development of novel therapeutic strategies against HSV appears to be a non dispensable objective for future research in virology. ..
- Berdugo M, Larsen I, Abadie C, Deloche C, Kowalczuk L, Touchard E, et al. Ocular distribution, spectrum of activity, and in vivo viral neutralization of a fully humanized anti-herpes simplex virus IgG Fab fragment following topical application. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2012;56:1390-402 pubmed publisher..It is well tolerated and does not alter reepithelialization. Further studies to improve the antiviral effect are needed for AC-8 to be considered for therapeutic use. ..
- Servais S, Dumontier N, Biard L, Schnepf N, Resche Rigon M, Peffault de Latour R, et al. Response to antiviral therapy in haematopoietic stem cell transplant recipients with cytomegalovirus (CMV) reactivation according to the donor CMV serological status. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:289.e1-7 pubmed publisher..Virological drug-resistance remained rare. ..
- Andouard D, Mazeron M, Ligat G, Couvreux A, Pouteil Noble C, Cahen R, et al. Contrasting effect of new HCMV pUL54 mutations on antiviral drug susceptibility: Benefits and limits of 3D analysis. Antiviral Res. 2016;129:115-119 pubmed publisher..However, 3D homology model analysis has limits and phenotypic characterization using BAC-HCMV is still essential to measure the role of unknown mutations. ..
- Ndow G, Gore M, Shimakawa Y, Suso P, Jatta A, Tamba S, et al. Hepatitis B testing and treatment in HIV patients in The Gambia-Compliance with international guidelines and clinical outcomes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179025 pubmed publisher..However, the excellent uptake of HBV screening and linkage to care in our study suggests feasible improvements. ..
- Terrier B, Saadoun D, Sene D, Sellam J, Perard L, Coppere B, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of rituximab with or without PEGylated interferon alfa-2b plus ribavirin in severe hepatitis C virus-related vasculitis: a long-term followup study of thirty-two patients. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:2531-40 pubmed publisher..Relapses were consistently associated with the absence of virologic control. The clinical and immunologic efficacy of rituximab after repeated infusion appeared to be the same as that observed after induction therapy. ..
- Cacoub P, Costedoat Chalumeau N, Lidove O, Alric L. Cryoglobulinemia vasculitis. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2002;14:29-35 pubmed
- Abel L, Plancoulaine S, Jouanguy E, Zhang S, Mahfoufi N, Nicolas N, et al. Age-dependent Mendelian predisposition to herpes simplex virus type 1 encephalitis in childhood. J Pediatr. 2010;157:623-9, 629.e1 pubmed publisher..There likely is incomplete penetrance, however, which may reflect, at least in part, the impact of age at the time of HSV-1 infection. ..
- Poynard T, Ngo Y, Munteanu M, Thabut D, Massard J, Moussalli J, et al. Biomarkers of liver injury for hepatitis clinical trials: a meta-analysis of longitudinal studies. Antivir Ther. 2010;15:617-31 pubmed publisher..The same concordance was observed for FibroScan but with a possible overestimation of the fibrosis regression during the first weeks of treatment. ..
- Vallet Pichard A, Fontaine H, Mallet V, Pol S. Viral hepatitis in solid organ transplantation other than liver. J Hepatol. 2011;55:474-82 pubmed publisher..Organ transplantations other than kidney (cardiac or pulmonary transplantations) involve the same diagnosis and therapeutic issues. ..
- Bricout F, Moraillon A, Sonntag P, Hoerner P, Blackwelder W, Plotkin S. Virus-inhibiting surgical glove to reduce the risk of infection by enveloped viruses. J Med Virol. 2003;69:538-45 pubmed..In vivo tests with FIV and HSV in cats and mice, respectively, found smaller percentage reductions in infection than the in vitro tests but confirmed the virucidal effect of the gloves. ..
- Coriat R, Podevin P. Fulminant autoimmune hepatitis after successful interferon treatment in an HIV-HCV co-infected patient. Int J STD AIDS. 2008;19:208-10 pubmed publisher..Diagnosis was assessed according to the international AIH scoring system, including liver biopsy and confirmed by positive response to steroid challenge. ..
- Mallet V, Nicand E, Sultanik P, Chakvetadze C, Tesse S, Thervet E, et al. Brief communication: case reports of ribavirin treatment for chronic hepatitis E. Ann Intern Med. 2010;153:85-9 pubmed publisher..Given the relatively short follow-up, the achievement of HEV eradication could not be claimed. Ribavirin is a potentially effective treatment of HEV infection and should be evaluated in patients with chronic HEV infection. None. ..
- Kilic S, Puel A, Casanova J. Orf Infection in a Patient with Stat1 Gain-of-Function. J Clin Immunol. 2015;35:80-3 pubmed publisher..This is the first patient with severe orf in the context of a well-defined genetically identified PID: CMC and inborn error of IL-17 immunity due to a GOF STAT1 mutation. ..
- d Arondel C, Munteanu M, Moussalli J, Thibault V, Naveau S, Simon A, et al. A prospective assessment of an 'a la carte' regimen of PEG-interferon alpha2b and ribavirin combination in patients with chronic hepatitis C using biochemical markers. J Viral Hepat. 2006;13:182-9 pubmed..It achieves a 73% SVR and a significant decrease in fibrosis and activity as estimated by biochemical markers. ..
- Landau D, Rosenzwajg M, Saadoun D, Trebeden Negre H, Klatzmann D, Cacoub P. Correlation of clinical and virologic responses to antiviral treatment and regulatory T cell evolution in patients with hepatitis C virus-induced mixed cryoglobulinemia vasculitis. Arthritis Rheum. 2008;58:2897-907 pubmed publisher
- Casrouge A, Decalf J, Ahloulay M, Lababidi C, Mansour H, Vallet Pichard A, et al. Evidence for an antagonist form of the chemokine CXCL10 in patients chronically infected with HCV. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:308-17 pubmed publisher..These data offer what we believe to be the first evidence for CXCL10 antagonism in human disease and identify a possible factor contributing to the inability of patients to clear HCV. ..
- Legoff J, Rousset D, Abou Jaoudé G, Scemla A, Ribaud P, Mercier Delarue S, et al. I223R mutation in influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 neuraminidase confers reduced susceptibility to oseltamivir and zanamivir and enhanced resistance with H275Y. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37095 pubmed publisher..Concomitant emergence of the I223R and H275Y mutations under oseltamivir treatment underlines the importance of close monitoring of treated patients especially those immunocompromised. ..
- Bienvenu B, Martinez F, Devergie A, Rybojad M, Rivet J, Bellenger P, et al. Topical use of cidofovir induced acute renal failure. Transplantation. 2002;73:661-2 pubmed..We describe for the first time acute renal failure after topical cidofovir in an immunosuppressed patient with prior renal insufficiency. This method of administration should be avoided on abraded skin and should be carefully monitored. ..
- Izzedine H, Launay Vacher V, Isnard Bagnis C, Deray G. Drug-induced Fanconi's syndrome. Am J Kidney Dis. 2003;41:292-309 pubmed..Acquired renal tubular defects resulting in FS also have been described in association with many exogenous agents, whether administered or accidentally ingested. This review concentrates on drug-induced FS...
- Dacheux L, Delmas O, Bourhy H. Human rabies encephalitis prevention and treatment: progress since Pasteur's discovery. Infect Disord Drug Targets. 2011;11:251-99 pubmed..Finally, an analysis of the various antiviral compounds tested in rabies in vitro, in animal models or in humans is presented, focusing in particular on potential new strategies. ..
- Bucher J, Boelle P, Hubert D, Lebourgeois M, Stremler N, Durieu I, et al. Lessons from a French collaborative case-control study in cystic fibrosis patients during the 2009 A/H1N1 influenza pandemy. BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:55 pubmed publisher..Our results do not demonstrate any change in sputum colonization nor significant lung disease progression after pandemic A/H1N1 influenza. Clinical Trials.gov registration number: NCT01499914. ..
- Wang H, Xu R, Shi Y, Si L, Jiao P, Fan Z, et al. Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of novel L-ascorbic acid-conjugated pentacyclic triterpene derivatives as potential influenza virus entry inhibitors. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;110:376-88 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggested that l-ascorbic acid-conjugated pentacyclic triterpenes were promising anti-influenza entry inhibitors, and HA protein associated with viral entry was a promising drug target. ..
- Gordien E, Rosmorduc O, Peltekian C, Garreau F, Brechot C, Kremsdorf D. Inhibition of hepatitis B virus replication by the interferon-inducible MxA protein. J Virol. 2001;75:2684-91 pubmed..Our results show an antiviral effect of MxA protein on a DNA virus for the first time. MxA protein acts, at least in part, by inhibiting the nucleocytoplasmic export of viral mRNA via the PRE sequence. ..
- Chau Tran T, Cassoux N, Bodaghi B, Lehoang P. Successful treatment with combination of systemic antiviral drugs and intravitreal ganciclovir injections in the management of severe necrotizing herpetic retinitis. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2003;11:141-4 pubmed..To report the use of intravenous (IV) antiviral agents and intravitreal ganciclovir injections in three immunocompetent patients with severe acute retinal necrosis (ARN)...
- Morel C, Metge F, Roman S, Scheer S, Larricart P, Monin C, et al. [Acute retinal necrosis: clinical presentation, treatment, and prognosis in a series of 22 patients]. J Fr Ophtalmol. 2004;27:7-13 pubmed..To evaluate the clinical outcome and medical management in a series of patients diagnosed with acute retinal necrosis...
- Megarbane B, Résière D, Ferrand J, Raskine L, Vahedi K, Baud F. Difficulties in assessing cytomegalovirus-associated gastric perforation in an HIV-infected patient. BMC Infect Dis. 2005;5:28 pubmed..CMV may be responsible for gastric perforations, with difficulties in assessing the diagnosis. Early diagnosis based on cautious endoscopy and histopathologic examination is needed to make a favorable outcome possible. ..
- de Schryver I, Rozenberg F, Cassoux N, Michelson S, Kestelyn P, LeHoang P, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of cytomegalovirus iridocyclitis without retinal necrosis. Br J Ophthalmol. 2006;90:852-5 pubmed..To describe the diagnostic and therapeutic management of cytomegalovirus (CMV) anterior uveitis unassociated with retinal necrosis in immunocompetent patients...
- Servais A, Lechat P, Zahr N, Urien S, Aymard G, Jaudon M, et al. [Tubular transporters OAT1 and MRP2 and clearance of adefovir]. Nephrol Ther. 2005;1:296-300 pubmed..Additional pharmacological inhibition of transporters decreased renal clearance, which may reflect inhibition of compensating transport mechanisms activated when MRP2 is lacking. ..
- Males S, Gad R, Esmat G, Abobakr H, Anwar M, Rekacewicz C, et al. Serum alpha-foetoprotein level predicts treatment outcome in chronic hepatitis C. Antivir Ther. 2007;12:797-803 pubmed..If confirmed with genotypes other than 4, these findings would suggest adding serum AFP to the list of factors predictive of treatment response. ..
- Brehin A, Casademont I, Frenkiel M, Julier C, Sakuntabhai A, Despres P. The large form of human 2',5'-Oligoadenylate Synthetase (OAS3) exerts antiviral effect against Chikungunya virus. Virology. 2009;384:216-22 pubmed publisher..HeLa cells expressing the truncated form of OAS3 were less resistant to CHIKV infection, raising the question on the involvement of OAS3 genetic polymorphism in human susceptibility to alphavirus infection. ..
- Poynard T, Colombo M, Bruix J, Schiff E, Terg R, Flamm S, et al. Peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin: effective in patients with hepatitis C who failed interferon alfa/ribavirin therapy. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1618-28.e2 pubmed publisher..Peginterferon alfa-2b plus weight-based ribavirin is effective and safe in patients who failed interferon alfa/ribavirin therapy. Genotype, baseline viral load, and fibrosis stage were predictors of response. ..
- Auvynet C, Topalis D, Caillat C, Munier Lehmann H, Seclaman E, Balzarini J, et al. Phosphorylation of dGMP analogs by vaccinia virus TMP kinase and human GMP kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:6-11 pubmed publisher..These results also provide new insights regarding dGMP analog reaction with human GMP kinase and their slow recycling by salvage pathway nucleotide kinases...
- Beuneu H, Deguine J, Breart B, Mandelboim O, Di Santo J, Bousso P. Dynamic behavior of NK cells during activation in lymph nodes. Blood. 2009;114:3227-34 pubmed publisher..That NK cells become activated while remaining motile may constitute an efficient strategy for sampling local concentrations of cytokines around DCs in secondary lymphoid tissues. ..
- Charpentier C, Roquebert B, Delelis O, Larrouy L, Matheron S, Tubiana R, et al. Hot spots of integrase genotypic changes leading to HIV-2 resistance to raltegravir. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:1293-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, despite a 40% difference in integrase genes between HIV-1 and HIV-2, the genetic pathways leading to raltegravir resistance are similar. ..
- Lucas Hourani M, Dauzonne D, Jorda P, Cousin G, Lupan A, Helynck O, et al. Inhibition of pyrimidine biosynthesis pathway suppresses viral growth through innate immunity. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003678 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the antiviral property of pyrimidine biosynthesis inhibitors is not a direct consequence of pyrimidine deprivation on the virus machinery, but rather involves the induction of cellular immune response. ..
- Mouly S, Aymard G, Diquet B, Caulin C, Bergmann J. Oral ganciclovir systemic exposure is enhanced in HIV-infected patients with diarrhea and weight loss. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2000;24:344-51 pubmed..To determine whether diarrhea and intestinal malabsorption during HIV infection alter oral ganciclovir systemic exposure...
- Raschilas F, Wolff M, Delatour F, Chaffaut C, de Broucker T, Chevret S, et al. Outcome of and prognostic factors for herpes simplex encephalitis in adult patients: results of a multicenter study. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;35:254-60 pubmed..Early administration of antiviral therapy is the only parameter that can be modified to improve the prognosis of patients with HSE...
- Khallou Laschet J, Caligiuri G, Groyer E, Tupin E, Gaston A, Poirier B, et al. The proatherogenic role of T cells requires cell division and is dependent on the stage of the disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:353-8 pubmed..The present study, therefore, shows that the proatherogenic potential of T cells is crucial in the progression of fatty streaks to mature plaques and requires cell division. ..
- De Tiège X, Rozenberg F, Burlot K, Gaudelus J, Ponsot G, Heron B. Herpes simplex encephalitis: diagnostic problems and late relapse. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2006;48:60-3 pubmed..It is suggested that the premature disappearance of intrathecal synthesis of a specific anti-HSV antibody might play a permissive role in the resurgence of cerebral viral replication...
- Kajaste Rudnitski A, Mashimo T, Frenkiel M, Gu net J, Lucas M, Despr s P. The 2',5'-oligoadenylate synthetase 1b is a potent inhibitor of West Nile virus replication inside infected cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4624-37 pubmed publisher..Thus, Oas1b represents an antiviral pathway that exerts its inhibitory effect on WNV replication by preventing viral RNA accumulation inside infected cells...
- Pagnoux C, Cohen P, Guillevin L. Vasculitides secondary to infections. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2006;24:S71-81 pubmed..In the near future, newer antiviral agents will probably also have their place in the therapeutic armamentarium for these patients. ..
- Afonso P, Mekaouche M, Mortreux F, Toulza F, Moriceau A, Wattel E, et al. Highly active antiretroviral treatment against STLV-1 infection combining reverse transcriptase and HDAC inhibitors. Blood. 2010;116:3802-8 pubmed publisher..Such treatments may be useful to reduce the risk of HAM/TSP in asymptomatic carriers with a high PVL...
- Burrel S, Deback C, Agut H, Boutolleau D. Genotypic characterization of UL23 thymidine kinase and UL30 DNA polymerase of clinical isolates of herpes simplex virus: natural polymorphism and mutations associated with resistance to antivirals. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:4833-42 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the genotypic characterization of 25 drug-resistant HSV isolates revealed 8 new amino acid changes located in TK and potentially accounting for acyclovir (ACV) resistance...
- Pais R, Benhamou Y. [Long-term therapy for chronic hepatitis B in HIV co-infected patients]. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 2010;34 Suppl 2:S136-41 pubmed publisher..The same regimen is recommended in patients who develop lamivudine resistance. ..
- Wirden M, Soulie C, Valantin M, Fourati S, Simon A, Lambert Niclot S, et al. Historical HIV-RNA resistance test results are more informative than proviral DNA genotyping in cases of suppressed or residual viraemia. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011;66:709-12 pubmed publisher..Classical RNA genotyping during previous periods of virological failure remains the gold standard for documenting resistance mutations and for the monitoring of future treatments. ..
- Benhamou Y, Moussalli J, Ratziu V, Lebray P, De Backer K, De Meyer S, et al. Telaprevir activity in treatment-naive patients infected hepatitis C virus genotype 4: a randomized trial. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:1000-7 pubmed publisher..Telaprevir was generally safe and well tolerated. Further investigation of telaprevir combination therapy in patients with HCV genotype 4 infection is warranted. ..
- Zignego A, Ramos Casals M, Ferri C, Saadoun D, Arcaini L, Roccatello D, et al. International therapeutic guidelines for patients with HCV-related extrahepatic disorders. A multidisciplinary expert statement. Autoimmun Rev. 2017;16:523-541 pubmed publisher..The present recommendations, based on qualified expert experience and specific literature, will focus on etiological (antiviral) therapies and/or traditional pathogenetic treatments that still maintain their therapeutic utility. ..
- Cento V, Nguyen T, Di Carlo D, Biliotti E, Gianserra L, Lenci I, et al. Improvement of ALT decay kinetics by all-oral HCV treatment: Role of NS5A inhibitors and differences with IFN-based regimens. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177352 pubmed publisher..This may underline a process of "cell-cure" by DAAs, leading to a fast improvement of liver homeostasis. ..
- Guillot C, Martel N, Berby F, Bordes I, Hantz O, Blanchet M, et al. Inhibition of hepatitis B viral entry by nucleic acid polymers in HepaRG cells and primary human hepatocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179697 pubmed publisher..This inhibition of HBV entry by NAPs was impaired by 2'O-methyl ribose modification. NAP treatment after viral inoculation did not elicit any antiviral activity. ..
- Laurent Crawford A, Krust B, Deschamps de Paillette E, Montagnier L, Hovanessian A. Antiviral action of polyadenylic-polyuridylic acid against HIV in cell cultures. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1992;8:285-90 pubmed..poly(U). In view of this and the significant anti-HIV effect, poly(A).poly(U) provides a potential candidate as a therapeutic drug in AIDS disease. ..
- Serpaggi J, Chaix M, Batisse D, Dupont C, Vallet Pichard A, Fontaine H, et al. Sexually transmitted acute infection with a clustered genotype 4 hepatitis C virus in HIV-1-infected men and inefficacy of early antiviral therapy. AIDS. 2006;20:233-40 pubmed..Early treatment with standard interferon-alfa failed to prevent chronic evolution of HCV infection in this particular group of HIV-infected patients who had acquired this peculiar cluster of genotype 4 strains. ..
- Terrier B, Sene D, Saadoun D, Ghillani Dalbin P, Thibault V, Delluc A, et al. Serum-free light chain assessment in hepatitis C virus-related lymphoproliferative disorders. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:89-93 pubmed publisher..After antiviral therapy, the serum FLC ratio could be used as a surrogate marker of the control of the HCV-related lymphoproliferation. ..
- Martinot Peignoux M, Stern C, Maylin S, Ripault M, Boyer N, Leclere L, et al. Twelve weeks posttreatment follow-up is as relevant as 24 weeks to determine the sustained virologic response in patients with hepatitis C virus receiving pegylated interferon and ribavirin. Hepatology. 2010;51:1122-6 pubmed publisher..7%), is as relevant as after 24 weeks to predict SVR and make decisions on the management of treated patients, suggesting a new definition for SVR. ..
- Pol S, Vallet Pichard A, Corouge M, Mallet V. Hepatitis C: epidemiology, diagnosis, natural history and therapy. Contrib Nephrol. 2012;176:1-9 pubmed publisher..The next step appears to be the combination of these oral drugs allowing a better safety and efficacy of the treatment. ..
- Sinet M, Pocidalo J. [Are immunomodulators capable to improve the activity of nucleoside antiretroviral agents?]. Pathol Biol (Paris). 1993;41:794-8 pubmed..Therefore this class of compounds could be used in combination with antiviral agents in the treatment of HIV infection, especially when they induce no significant toxicity as it is the case for poly A poly U. ..
- De Tiege X, Rozenberg F, Des Portes V, Lobut J, Lebon P, Ponsot G, et al. Herpes simplex encephalitis relapses in children: differentiation of two neurologic entities. Neurology. 2003;61:241-3 pubmed..Relapses with viral replication may reveal host susceptibility to herpes simplex virus infection...
- Legoff J, Mayaud P, Gresenguet G, Weiss H, Nzambi K, Frost E, et al. Performance of HerpeSelect and Kalon assays in detection of antibodies to herpes simplex virus type 2. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:1914-8 pubmed publisher..Low index values obtained with the HerpeSelect assay may correspond to true HSV-2 infection, in particular to nonprimary first episodes of genital HSV-2 infection, and need to be interpreted in the context of clinical history...
- Rachline A, Palmer P, Simon F, Molina J. Case report: Cure of chronic infection with hepatitis C virus after 6 weeks of peg-interferon and ribavirin in a patient co-infected with HIV. J Med Virol. 2010;82:1150-1 pubmed publisher..This report describes a patient co-infected with HCV genotype 2 and HIV who discontinued HCV therapy after 6 weeks because of adverse events and had a sustained virologic response. ..
- Burrel S, Ait Arkoub Z, Agut H, Boutolleau D. Genotypic characterization of herpes simplex virus DNA polymerase UL42 processivity factor. Antiviral Res. 2012;93:199-203 pubmed publisher..From this preliminary study, UL42 processivity factor did not seem to be likely involved in HSV resistance to antivirals. ..
- Sogni P, Carrieri M, Fontaine H, Mallet V, Vallet Pichard A, Trabut J, et al. The role of adherence in virological suppression in patients receiving anti-HBV analogues. Antivir Ther. 2012;17:395-400 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic education and a systematic evaluation of adherence using self-reports should be promoted to assure long-term anti-HBV analogue efficacy in clinical practice. ..
- Pol S, Vallet Pichard A, Corouge M. Treatment of hepatitis C virus genotype 3-infection. Liver Int. 2014;34 Suppl 1:18-23 pubmed publisher..The oral combination of new DAAs (dual or triple combination of different antivirals) or of DAAs and host targets such as cyclophilin will probably become the SOC for genotype 3-infected treatment-naïve or -experienced patients. ..