Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Publications1016 found, 100 shown here
- Bakala H, Delaval E, Hamelin M, Bismuth J, Borot Laloi C, Corman B, et al. Changes in rat liver mitochondria with aging. Lon protease-like reactivity and N(epsilon)-carboxymethyllysine accumulation in the matrix. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:2295-302 pubmed
- Mascarell L, Auger R, Alcover A, Ojcius D, Jungas T, Cadet Daniel V, et al. Characterization of a gene encoding two isoforms of a mitochondrial protein up-regulated by cyclosporin A in activated T cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:10556-63 pubmed..These data reveal a new mechanism of action for CSA, which involves up-regulation of a gene whose products are sorted to mitochondria and depolarize the mitochondrial membrane. ..
- Paul R, Lafond T, Müller Graf C, Nithiuthai S, Brey P, Koella J. Experimental evaluation of the relationship between lethal or non-lethal virulence and transmission success in malaria parasite infections. BMC Evol Biol. 2004;4:30 pubmed..Thus, we additionally examine the relationship between anaemia and transmission in single and mixed clone infections...
- Nehme J, Lacolley P, Labat C, Challande P, Robidel E, Perret C, et al. Spironolactone improves carotid artery fibrosis and distensibility in rat post-ischaemic heart failure. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;39:511-9 pubmed..Only spironolactone reduced the stiffness of carotid wall material independently of blood pressure and WS. ..
- Biard C, Surai P, Møller A. An analysis of pre- and post-hatching maternal effects mediated by carotenoids in the blue tit. J Evol Biol. 2007;20:326-39 pubmed
- Lecompte E, Aplin K, Denys C, Catzeflis F, Chades M, Chevret P. Phylogeny and biogeography of African Murinae based on mitochondrial and nuclear gene sequences, with a new tribal classification of the subfamily. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:199 pubmed publisher..We also reconstruct the phylogenetic structure of the Murinae, and propose a new classification at tribal level for this traditionally problematic group. ..
- De Saint Basile G, Menasche G, Fischer A. Molecular mechanisms of biogenesis and exocytosis of cytotoxic granules. Nat Rev Immunol. 2010;10:568-79 pubmed publisher..We explore the possibility that comparison of these two kinetically and spatially regulated secretory pathways will provide clues to uncover additional effectors that regulate the cytotoxic function of lymphocytes...
- Cheval L, Pierrat F, Dossat C, Genete M, Imbert Teboul M, Duong Van Huyen J, et al. Atlas of gene expression in the mouse kidney: new features of glomerular parietal cells. Physiol Genomics. 2011;43:161-73 pubmed publisher..Finally, functional annotation of glomerulus-specific transcripts suggested a high proliferation activity of glomerular cells. Immunolabeling for PCNA confirmed a high percentage of proliferating cells in the glomerulus parietal sheet. ..
- Freire T, Lo Man R, Bay S, Leclerc C. Tn glycosylation of the MUC6 protein modulates its immunogenicity and promotes the induction of Th17-biased T cell responses. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7797-811 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our results indicate that Tn glycosylation of the MUC6 protein strongly affects its B and T cell immunogenicity, and might favor immune escape of tumor cells. ..
- Aubry C, Goulard C, Nahori M, Cayet N, Decalf J, Sachse M, et al. OatA, a peptidoglycan O-acetyltransferase involved in Listeria monocytogenes immune escape, is critical for virulence. J Infect Dis. 2011;204:731-40 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an important role for OatA in limiting innate immune responses and promoting bacterial survival in the infected host...
- Balzeau A, Gilissen E, Grimaud HervÃ© D. Shared pattern of endocranial shape asymmetries among great apes, anatomically modern humans, and fossil hominins. PLoS ONE. 2011;7:e29581 pubmed publisher..It emphasizes the uncoupling between lateralized activities, some of them well probably distinctive to Homo, and large-scale cerebral lateralization itself, which is not unique to Homo. ..
- Montandon R, Korniotis S, Layseca Espinosa E, Gras C, Megret J, Ezine S, et al. Innate pro-B-cell progenitors protect against type 1 diabetes by regulating autoimmune effector T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E2199-208 pubmed publisher..CpG-proBs may become instrumental in cell therapy of autoimmune diseases either on their own or as graft complement in autologous stem cell transplantation. ..
- Rastogi R, Verma J, Kapoor A, Langsley G, Mukhopadhyay A. Rab5 Isoforms Specifically Regulate Different Modes of Endocytosis in Leishmania. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:14732-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results showed that LdRab5a and LdRab5b differentially regulate fluid phase and receptor-mediated endocytosis in Leishmania. ..
- Guidi Rontani C. Cytotoxic activity of a recombinant chimaeric protein between Pseudomonas aeruginosa exotoxin A and Corynebacterium diphtheriae diphtheria toxin. Mol Microbiol. 1992;6:1281-7 pubmed
- Montarras D, Chelly J, Bober E, Arnold H, Ott M, Gros F, et al. Developmental patterns in the expression of Myf5, MyoD, myogenin, and MRF4 during myogenesis. New Biol. 1991;3:592-600 pubmed..Temporal and phenotypic differences related to the expression of Myf5, MyoD, Myogenin, and MRF4 suggest that these factors fulfil distinct roles in the control of myogenesis. ..
- Barra J. An X-linked recessive mutation producing cleft palate, crooked tail, and polydactyly in mice. J Hered. 1990;81:388-92 pubmed..A very high level of postnatal mortality is observed even among the mutants without a cleft palate. ..
- Montagutelli X, Turner R, Nadeau J. Epistatic control of non-Mendelian inheritance in mouse interspecific crosses. Genetics. 1996;143:1739-52 pubmed
- Diagana T, North D, Jabet C, Fiszman M, Takeda S, Whalen R. The transcriptional activity of a muscle-specific promoter depends critically on the structure of the TATA element and its binding protein. J Mol Biol. 1997;265:480-93 pubmed
- Dramsi S, Dehoux P, Lebrun M, Goossens P, Cossart P. Identification of four new members of the internalin multigene family of Listeria monocytogenes EGD. Infect Immun. 1997;65:1615-25 pubmed..The identity of such an aspect remains to be determined...
- Kalatzis V, Cherqui S, Antignac C, Gasnier B. Cystinosin, the protein defective in cystinosis, is a H(+)-driven lysosomal cystine transporter. EMBO J. 2001;20:5940-9 pubmed
- Schwartz L, Balosso J, Baillet F, Brun B, Amman J, Sasco A. Cancer: the role of extracellular disease. Med Hypotheses. 2002;58:340-6 pubmed..It is possible that treatment targeted at tissue disruption would delay or reduce cancer incidence regardless of the precise biological mechanism of carcinogenesis. ..
- Vosshenrich C, Cumano A, Muller W, Di Santo J, Vieira P. Pre-B cell receptor expression is necessary for thymic stromal lymphopoietin responsiveness in the bone marrow but not in the liver environment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:11070-5 pubmed..On the other hand, TSLP drives the proliferation of pro-B cells from the fetal and neonatal liver, but in the bone marrow environment, B cell precursors require pre-B cell receptor expression for TSLP responsiveness. ..
- Baton F, Deruyffelaere C, Chapin M, Prod homme T, Charron D, Al Daccak R, et al. Class II transactivator (CIITA) isoform expression and activity in melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2004;14:453-61 pubmed
- Durette Desset M, Digiani M. The axis of orientation of the synlophe in the Heligmosomoidea (Nematoda, Trichostrongylina): a new approach. Parasite. 2005;12:195-202 pubmed..When the rotation reaches 90 degrees for both sides, the axis becomes simple once again and is superimposed to the frontal axis (most derived state)...
- Crauk O, Dostatni N. Bicoid determines sharp and precise target gene expression in the Drosophila embryo. Curr Biol. 2005;15:1888-98 pubmed
- Tande D, Feger J, Hirsch E, Francois C. Parafascicular nucleus projection to the extrastriatal basal ganglia in monkeys. Neuroreport. 2006;17:277-80 pubmed..Our study provides evidence that the parafascicular nucleus, and especially its medial part, can relay emotional and motivational information back to all basal ganglia components in primates. ..
- Groyer E, Nicoletti A, Ait Oufella H, Khallou Laschet J, Varthaman A, Gaston A, et al. Atheroprotective effect of CD31 receptor globulin through enrichment of circulating regulatory T-cells. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2007;50:344-50 pubmed..01). Our data suggest that CD31 plays a key role in the regulation of the immune response linked to atherosclerosis. CD31-targeting therapeutic approaches may therefore be envisaged for preventing and treating atherosclerotic diseases. ..
- Remaud S, Audibert A, Gho M. S-phase favours notch cell responsiveness in the Drosophila bristle lineage. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3646 pubmed publisher..We suggest that high-order chromatin structures associated with the S-phase create favourable conditions that increase the efficiency of the transcriptional machinery with respect to N-target genes. ..
- Gerotziafas G, Papageorgiou C, Hatmi M, Samama M, Elalamy I. Clinical studies with anticoagulants to improve survival in cancer patients. Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb. 2008;36:204-11 pubmed publisher..The forthcoming clinical trials have to address some issues regarding the optimal dose, the timing and the duration of treatment with LMWH in relation to chemotherapy or other anticancer therapies. ..
- Changeux J. Allosteric receptors: from electric organ to cognition. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol. 2010;50:1-38 pubmed publisher..Theoretical models of cognitive functions are proposed that link the molecular to the cognitive level. The report ends with a discussion on nicotinic receptors and the pharmacology of the future...
- Ait Oufella H, Herbin O, Bouaziz J, Binder C, Uyttenhove C, Laurans L, et al. B cell depletion reduces the development of atherosclerosis in mice. J Exp Med. 2010;207:1579-87 pubmed publisher..These results challenge the current paradigm that B cell activation plays an overall protective role in atherogenesis and identify new antiatherogenic strategies based on B cell modulation. ..
- Vincensini L, Blisnick T, Bastin P. 1001 model organisms to study cilia and flagella. Biol Cell. 2011;103:109-30 pubmed publisher..For example, the function of genes involved in primary ciliary dyskinesia (due to defects in ciliary motility) can be efficiently assessed in trypanosomes. ..
- Crestani B, Besnard V, Boczkowski J. Signalling pathways from NADPH oxidase-4 to idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:1086-9 pubmed publisher..These data strongly suggest that targeting of NOX4 could be a step forward in the treatment of fibrotic lung diseases, by specifically targeting myofibroblasts, a major player in this disease. ..
- Chabbi Achengli Y, Coudert A, Callebert J, Geoffroy V, Cote F, Collet C, et al. Decreased osteoclastogenesis in serotonin-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:2567-72 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal that serotonin has an important local action in bone, as it can amplify the effect of RANKL on osteoclastogenesis. ..
- Bureau M, Wasungu L, Jugé L, Scherman D, Rols M, Mignet N. Investigating relationship between transfection and permeabilization by the electric field and/or the Pluronic® L64 in vitro and in vivo. J Gene Med. 2012;14:204-15 pubmed publisher..The electrophoretic LV pulse does not induce additive effects to that of L64 for transfection improvement. ..
- Le Campion A, Pommier A, Delpoux A, Stouvenel L, Auffray C, Martin B, et al. IL-2 and IL-7 determine the homeostatic balance between the regulatory and conventional CD4+ T cell compartments during peripheral T cell reconstitution. J Immunol. 2012;189:3339-46 pubmed
- Crozet F, El Amraoui A, Blanchard S, Lenoir M, Ripoll C, Vago P, et al. Cloning of the genes encoding two murine and human cochlear unconventional type I myosins. Genomics. 1997;40:332-41 pubmed..The human orthologuous genes MYO1C and MYO1F were also characterized, and mapped to the human chromosomal regions 17p18 and 19p13.2-19p13.3, respectively. ..
- Sharara L, Andersson A, Guy Grand D, Fischer A, DiSanto J. Deregulated TCR alpha beta T cell population provokes extramedullary hematopoiesis in mice deficient in the common gamma chain. Eur J Immunol. 1997;27:990-8 pubmed
- Tredano M, De Blic J, Griese M, Fournet J, Elion J, Bahuau M. Clinical biological and genetic heterogeneity of the inborn errors of pulmonary surfactant metabolism. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2001;39:90-108 pubmed..The disentanglement of this disease cluster is however essential to propose specific therapeutic procedures: repeated broncho-alveolar lavages, GM-CSF replacement, bone marrow grafting or lung transplantation...
- Ott M, Bullock S. A gene trap insertion reveals that amyloid precursor protein expression is a very early event in murine embryogenesis. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:355-7 pubmed..This study shows that App expression is detected as early as gastrulation. In addition, although widely distributed at later stages, APP expression appears dynamically regulated during development. ..
- Silvestre J, Bergaya S, Tamarat R, Duriez M, Boulanger C, Levy B. Proangiogenic effect of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition is mediated by the bradykinin B(2) receptor pathway. Circ Res. 2001;89:678-83 pubmed..Therefore, proangiogenic effect of ACE inhibition is mediated by B(2)-receptor signaling and was associated with upregulation of eNOS content, independently of VEGF expression. ..
- Guillemain G, Munoz Alonso M, Cassany A, Loizeau M, Faussat A, Burnol A, et al. Karyopherin alpha2: a control step of glucose-sensitive gene expression in hepatic cells. Biochem J. 2002;364:201-9 pubmed..The transitory tethering of karyopherin alpha2 to GLUT2 at the plasma membrane might indicate that the receptor can load the cargo to be imported locally. ..
- Coussen F, Normand E, Marchal C, Costet P, Choquet D, Lambert M, et al. Recruitment of the kainate receptor subunit glutamate receptor 6 by cadherin/catenin complexes. J Neurosci. 2002;22:6426-36 pubmed..These results suggest an important role for cadherin/catenin complexes in the stabilization of kainate receptors at the synaptic membrane during synapse formation and remodeling. ..
- Bouthegourd J, Even P, Gripois D, Tiffon B, Blouquit M, Roseau S, et al. A CLA mixture prevents body triglyceride accumulation without affecting energy expenditure in Syrian hamsters. J Nutr. 2002;132:2682-9 pubmed..Only a CLA mixture prevented whole-body triglyceride accumulation over time. ..
- Monnier V, Girardot F, Cheret C, Andres O, Tricoire H. Modulation of oxidative stress resistance in Drosophila melanogaster by gene overexpression. Genesis. 2002;34:76-9 pubmed
- Muller L, Barret A, Etienne E, Meidan R, Valdenaire O, Corvol P, et al. Heterodimerization of endothelin-converting enzyme-1 isoforms regulates the subcellular distribution of this metalloprotease. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:545-55 pubmed..These data demonstrated that the targeting signals specific for ECE-1b constitute a regulatory domain per se that could modulate the localization and the activity of other isoforms. ..
- Flamant S, Pescher P, Lemercier B, Clément Ziza M, Képès F, Fellous M, et al. Characterization of a putative type IV aminophospholipid transporter P-type ATPase. Mamm Genome. 2003;14:21-30 pubmed..We discuss the involvement of the Atp10d gene in the fat-prone phenotype of the C57BL/6 strain and its physical mapping within a QTL associated with HDL-cholesterol levels. ..
- Strochlic L, Cartaud A, Mejat A, Grailhe R, Schaeffer L, Changeux J, et al. 14-3-3 gamma associates with muscle specific kinase and regulates synaptic gene transcription at vertebrate neuromuscular synapse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:18189-94 pubmed..Our data extend the notion that, apart from its well documented role in AChR clustering, the MuSK complex might also be involved in the regulation of synaptic gene expression at the NMJ. ..
- Ballerini C, Gourdain P, Bachy V, Blanchard N, Levavasseur E, Gregoire S, et al. Functional implication of cellular prion protein in antigen-driven interactions between T cells and dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2006;176:7254-62 pubmed..Thus, independent of neurological considerations, some of the evolutionary constraints that may have contributed to the conservation of the Prnp gene in mammalians, could be of immunological origin. ..
- Lemay J, Maidou Peindara P, Cancio R, Ennifar E, Coadou G, Maga G, et al. AKAP149 binds to HIV-1 reverse transcriptase and is involved in the reverse transcription. J Mol Biol. 2008;383:783-96 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the interaction between RT and AKAP149 in infected cells may play an important role in HIV-1 reverse transcription. ..
- Arriero E, Møller A. Host ecology and life-history traits associated with blood parasite species richness in birds. J Evol Biol. 2008;21:1504-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the impact on host fitness caused by avian haematozoa may be underestimated in natural populations if the exacerbated virulence associated with exposure to multiple parasites is not taken into account. ..
- Stedman A, Lecaudey V, Havis E, Anselme I, Wassef M, Gilardi Hebenstreit P, et al. A functional interaction between Irx and Meis patterns the anterior hindbrain and activates krox20 expression in rhombomere 3. Dev Biol. 2009;327:566-77 pubmed publisher..Together, our data point to an essential function of Iroquois transcription factors in krox20 activation and, more generally, in anterior hindbrain specification. ..
- Simunic J, Soyez D, Kamech N. Characterization of a membrane-bound angiotensin-converting enzyme isoform in crayfish testis and evidence for its release into the seminal fluid. FEBS J. 2009;276:4727-38 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this present study is the first to report such a maturation process for angiotensin-converting enzyme outside of mammals. ..
- Sinha D, Neveu P, Gagey N, Aujard I, Benbrahim Bouzidi C, Le Saux T, et al. Photocontrol of protein activity in cultured cells and zebrafish with one- and two-photon illumination. Chembiochem. 2010;11:653-63 pubmed publisher..The present method for photocontrol of protein activity could be used more generally to investigate important physiological processes (e.g., in embryogenesis, organ regeneration and carcinogenesis) with high spatiotemporal resolution. ..
- Ostuni M, Issop L, Péranzi G, Walker F, Fasseu M, Elbim C, et al. Overexpression of translocator protein in inflammatory bowel disease: potential diagnostic and treatment value. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:1476-87 pubmed publisher..TSPO may serve as a marker of the IBD repair process, and TSPO drug ligands should be further evaluated for IBD treatment. ..
- Mourlon V, Baudin A, Blanc O, Lauber A, Giros B, Naudon L, et al. Maternal deprivation induces depressive-like behaviours only in female rats. Behav Brain Res. 2010;213:278-87 pubmed publisher..In contrast, our present results suggest the use of the MD model, especially in females, as a model of the dysthymia, a mild chronic-depressive condition, which has been related to poorer maternal relationship. ..
- Gautheron J, Pescatore A, Fusco F, Esposito E, Yamaoka S, Agou F, et al. Identification of a new NEMO/TRAF6 interface affected in incontinentia pigmenti pathology. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3138-49 pubmed publisher..In contrast, activation of NF-kappaB by TNF-alpha was not affected. These data demonstrate that NEMO/TRAF6 interaction has physiological relevance and might represent a new target for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Chureau C, Chantalat S, Romito A, Galvani A, Duret L, Avner P, et al. Ftx is a non-coding RNA which affects Xist expression and chromatin structure within the X-inactivation center region. Hum Mol Genet. 2011;20:705-18 pubmed publisher..Altogether our results indicate that Ftx is a positive regulator of Xist and lead us to propose that Ftx is a novel ncRNA involved in XCI. ..
- Berdal A, Castaneda B, Aïoub M, Nefussi J, Mueller C, Descroix V, et al. Osteoclasts in the dental microenvironment: a delicate balance controls dental histogenesis. Cells Tissues Organs. 2011;194:238-43 pubmed publisher..These two reverse experimental systems will enable the investigation of distinctive dental cell and osteoclast communication in normal growth and tumorigenesis. ..
- Vottier G, Pham H, Pansiot J, Biran V, Gressens P, Charriaut Marlangue C, et al. Deleterious effect of hyperoxia at birth on white matter damage in the newborn rat. Dev Neurosci. 2011;33:261-9 pubmed publisher..Postnatal hyperoxia worsened the WMD induced by antenatal hypoxia. Hyperoxia at birth should be avoided in preterm infants at risk of WMD. ..
- Mugniery E, Dacquin R, Marty C, Benoist Lasselin C, de Vernejoul M, Jurdic P, et al. An activating Fgfr3 mutation affects trabecular bone formation via a paracrine mechanism during growth. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:2503-13 pubmed publisher..These results redefine our understanding of endochondral ossification in FGFR3-related chondrodysplasias. ..
- Bonnin P, Leger P, Villapol S, Deroide N, Gressens P, Pocard M, et al. Dual action of NO synthases on blood flow and infarct volume consecutive to neonatal focal cerebral ischemia. Exp Neurol. 2012;236:50-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both nNOS and eNOS appear to play a key role in modulating arterial blood flow during ischemia mainly in male pups with subsequent modifications in infarct lesion. ..
- Lema tre C, Mahjoub Messai F, Dupont D, Caro V, Diancourt L, Bingen E, et al. A conserved virulence plasmidic region contributes to the virulence of the multiresistant Escherichia coli meningitis strain S286 belonging to phylogenetic group C. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74423 pubmed publisher..The virulence of S286 is explained in part by the presence of CVP region and this region has spread in different clusters of human A/B1 ExPEC, especially in group C...
- Philippe J, Renaud F, Desset S, Laurent M, Mallet J, Courtois Y, et al. Cloning of two different 5' untranslated exons of bovine acidic fibroblast growth factor by the single strand ligation to single-stranded cDNA methodology. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;188:843-50 pubmed..Furthermore, the conservation of the nucleotide sequences and of the localization of these 5' UTR exons suggests that these non-coding regions may be involved in the control of aFGF gene expression. ..
- Coupry I, Lachaud V, Podevin R, Koenig E, Parini A. Different affinities of alpha 2-agonists for imidazoline and alpha 2-adrenergic receptors. Am J Hypertens. 1989;2:468-70 pubmed..The higher affinity of these molecules for one or the other class of receptors could explain their different capacity to induce hypotension and side effects. ..
- Fowlis D, Colnot C, Ripoche M, Poirier F. Galectin-3 is expressed in the notochord, developing bones, and skin of the postimplantation mouse embryo. Dev Dyn. 1995;203:241-51 pubmed..Finally, we find that galectin-3, which is identical to the macrophage marker Mac-2, is also expressed in embryonic macrophages. ..
- Maldonado R, Blendy J, Tzavara E, Gass P, Roques B, Hanoune J, et al. Reduction of morphine abstinence in mice with a mutation in the gene encoding CREB. Science. 1996;273:657-9 pubmed..Thus, CREB-dependent gene transcription is a factor in the onset of behavioral manifestations of opiate dependence...
- Ruffin M, Nicolaidis S. Electrical stimulation of the ventromedial hypothalamus enhances both fat utilization and metabolic rate that precede and parallel the inhibition of feeding behavior. Brain Res. 1999;846:23-9 pubmed..The sequence of metabolic and feeding events may then in part be due to VMH-induced lipolysis that provides more fuel to the metabolic economy, raising the BM, which in turn decreases hunger. ..
- Menasche G, Feldmann J, Houdusse A, Desaymard C, Fischer A, Goud B, et al. Biochemical and functional characterization of Rab27a mutations occurring in Griscelli syndrome patients. Blood. 2003;101:2736-42 pubmed..Taken together, our results characterize new critical residues of Rab proteins, and identify the Trp73 residue of Rab27a as a key position for interaction with the specific effectors of Rab27a, both in melanocytes and cytotoxic cells. ..
- Raynaud J, Cousse H, Martin P. Inhibition of type 1 and type 2 5alpha-reductase activity by free fatty acids, active ingredients of Permixon. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2002;82:233-9 pubmed..The dual inhibitory activity of LSESr on 5alpha-reductase type 1 and type 2 can be attributed to its high content in free fatty acids. ..
- Azoulay Dupuis E, Bedos J, Mohler J, Schmitt Hoffmann A, Schleimer M, Shapiro S. Efficacy of BAL5788, a prodrug of cephalosporin BAL9141, in a mouse model of acute pneumococcal pneumonia. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:1105-11 pubmed
- Chatenoud L, Bach J. Resetting the functional capacity of regulatory T cells: a novel immunotherapeutic strategy to promote immune tolerance. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2005;5 Suppl 1:S73-81 pubmed
- Terrada C, Fisson S, de Kozak Y, Kaddouri M, Lehoang P, Klatzmann D, et al. Regulatory T cells control uveoretinitis induced by pathogenic Th1 cells reacting to a specific retinal neoantigen. J Immunol. 2006;176:7171-9 pubmed..v. controlled the disease. This novel model should allow to better study the pathophysiology and therapeutic of uveitis. ..
- Gellen B, Fernandez Velasco M, Briec F, Vinet L, LeQuang K, Rouet Benzineb P, et al. Conditional FKBP12.6 overexpression in mouse cardiac myocytes prevents triggered ventricular tachycardia through specific alterations in excitation-contraction coupling. Circulation. 2008;117:1778-86 pubmed publisher..This indicates that the FKBP12.6-RyR2 complex is an important candidate target for pharmacological prevention of VT. ..
- Le Gouar P, Robert A, Choisy J, Henriquet S, Lecuyer P, Tessier C, et al. Roles of survival and dispersal in reintroduction success of Griffon vulture (Gyps fulvus). Ecol Appl. 2008;18:859-72 pubmed..Dispersal behavior is thus of major interest for metapopulation restoration and should be taken into account in planning reintroduction designs...
- Nicolas V, Bryja J, Akpatou B, Konecny A, Lecompte E, Colyn M, et al. Comparative phylogeography of two sibling species of forest-dwelling rodent (Praomys rostratus and P. tullbergi) in West Africa: different reactions to past forest fragmentation. Mol Ecol. 2008;17:5118-34 pubmed publisher..In addition, historical variations of the West African hydrographic network could also have contributed to the pattern of genetic differentiation observed in both species. ..
- Quan F, Bougerol M, Rigour F, Kenigfest N, Tostivint H. Characterization of the true ortholog of the urotensin II-related peptide (URP) gene in teleosts. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2012;177:205-12 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the occurrence of a true URP in teleosts shows that the quartet of UII-related genes which arose from 2R has been integrally preserved in this lineage...
- Petit C, Barreau F, Besnier L, Gandille P, Riveau B, Chateau D, et al. Requirement of cellular prion protein for intestinal barrier function and mislocalization in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:122-32.e15 pubmed publisher..Its localization is altered in colonic epithelia from patients with IBD, supporting the concept that disrupted barrier function contributes to this disorder. ..
- Zouggari Y, Ait Oufella H, Bonnin P, Simon T, Sage A, Guérin C, et al. B lymphocytes trigger monocyte mobilization and impair heart function after acute myocardial infarction. Nat Med. 2013;19:1273-80 pubmed publisher..This work identifies a crucial interaction between mature B lymphocytes and monocytes after acute myocardial ischemia and identifies new therapeutic targets for acute myocardial infarction. ..
- Silvestre M, Viollet B, Caton P, Leclerc J, Sakakibara I, Foretz M, et al. The AMPK-SIRT signaling network regulates glucose tolerance under calorie restriction conditions. Life Sci. 2014;100:55-60 pubmed publisher..5-fold vs. control, *p<0.05). This study demonstrates that skeletal muscle-specific AMPK deficiency impairs the beneficial effects of CR on glucose tolerance and that these effects may be dependent on reduced SIRT1 levels. ..
- Babdor J, Descamps D, Adiko A, TohmÃ© M, Maschalidi S, Evnouchidou I, et al. IRAP+ endosomes restrict TLR9 activation and signaling. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:509-518 pubmed publisher..Thus, endosomal retention of TLR9 via the interaction of IRAP with the actin cytoskeleton is a mechanism that prevents hyper-activation of TLR9 in DCs. ..
- Amson R, Nemani M, Roperch J, Israeli D, Bougueleret L, Le Gall I, et al. Isolation of 10 differentially expressed cDNAs in p53-induced apoptosis: activation of the vertebrate homologue of the drosophila seven in absentia gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:3953-7 pubmed..They establish a functional link between a homologue of a conserved developmental Drosophila gene and signal transduction in tumor suppression leading to programmed cell death. ..