Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Gif sur Yvette, Île de France, France
Locale: Gif sur Yvette, Île de France, France
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications194 found, 100 shown here
- Ducancel F, Merienne K, Fromen Romano C, Tremeau O, Pillet L, Drevet P, et al. Mimicry between receptors and antibodies. Identification of snake toxin determinants recognized by the acetylcholine receptor and an acetylcholine receptor-mimicking monoclonal antibody. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:31345-53 pubmed..Together, the data suggest that the mimicry between AChR and Malpha2-3 is partial only. ..
- Khush R, Cornwell W, Uram J, Lemaitre B. A ubiquitin-proteasome pathway represses the Drosophila immune deficiency signaling cascade. Curr Biol. 2002;12:1728-37 pubmed..A possible target of this proteolytic activity is the Relish transcription factor, suggesting a mechanism for NF-kappaB downregulation in Drosophila. ..
- Li de la Sierra Gallay I, Collinet B, Graille M, Quevillon Cheruel S, Liger D, Minard P, et al. Crystal structure of the YGR205w protein from Saccharomyces cerevisiae: close structural resemblance to E. coli pantothenate kinase. Proteins. 2004;54:776-83 pubmed..The nature of the phosphate accepting substrate remains to be determined. ..
- Bianchin C, Mauxion F, Sentis S, Seraphin B, Corbo L. Conservation of the deadenylase activity of proteins of the Caf1 family in human. RNA. 2005;11:487-94 pubmed..Given these differences, we tested whether its deadenylase activity is conserved in the human homologs Caf1 and Pop2. Our data demonstrate that both human factors degrade poly(A) tails indicating their involvement in mRNA metabolism. ..
- González Sama A, de la Peña T, Kevei Z, Mergaert P, Lucas M, de Felipe M, et al. Nuclear DNA endoreduplication and expression of the mitotic inhibitor Ccs52 associated to determinate and lupinoid nodule organogenesis. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2006;19:173-80 pubmed..In view of our results, Ccs52A-mediated endoreduplication appears to be a universal mechanism required for nodule cell differentiation during the establishment of nitrogen-fixing symbioses. ..
- Baharoglu Z, Bradley A, Le Masson M, Tsaneva I, Michel B. ruvA Mutants that resolve Holliday junctions but do not reverse replication forks. PLoS Genet. 2008;4:e1000012 pubmed publisher..This work shows that RuvA's actions at forks and at HJs can be genetically separated, and that RuvA mutants compromised for fork reversal remain fully capable of homologous recombination. ..
- Belin P, Boquet P. The Escherichia coli dsbA gene is partly transcribed from the promoter of a weakly expressed upstream gene. Microbiology. 1994;140 ( Pt 12):3337-48 pubmed..The orfA gene product was identified as a weakly expressed 39 kDa cytoplasmic protein, but it is not involved in the overall mechanism of disulfide bond formation. ..
- Branny P, de la Torre F, Garel J. The genes for phosphofructokinase and pyruvate kinase of Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus constitute an operon. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:4727-30 pubmed..9-kb RNA. The nucleotide sequence of the pyk gene indicated that the encoded protein possessed an extra C-terminal domain with a potential phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent autophosphorylation site. ..
- Francin M, Kaminska M, Kerjan P, Mirande M. The N-terminal domain of mammalian Lysyl-tRNA synthetase is a functional tRNA-binding domain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:1762-9 pubmed publisher..Our results provide new insights into tRNA(Lys) channeling in eukaryotic cells and shed new light on the possible requirement of native LysRS for triggering tRNA(3)Lys packaging into human immunodeficiency virus, type 1 viral particles...
- Le Masson I, Yu D, Jensen K, Chevalier A, Courbeyrette R, Boulard Y, et al. Yaf9, a novel NuA4 histone acetyltransferase subunit, is required for the cellular response to spindle stress in yeast. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6086-102 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that acetylation of histone H4 by NuA4 is required for the cellular resistance to spindle stress. ..
- Ménez R, Michel S, Muller B, Bossus M, Ducancel F, Jolivet Reynaud C, et al. Crystal structure of a ternary complex between human prostate-specific antigen, its substrate acyl intermediate and an activating antibody. J Mol Biol. 2008;376:1021-33 pubmed publisher..The correlation of the different data with the physiological conditions under which PSA can cleave semenogelins is discussed. ..
- Arnoux B, Merigeau K, Saludjian P, Norris F, Norris K, Bjørn S, et al. The 1.6 A structure of Kunitz-type domain from the alpha 3 chain of human type VI collagen. J Mol Biol. 1995;246:609-17 pubmed..Inversion of the Thr13 carbonyl and bulky side-chains at the interface with trypsin in a model of the C5-trypsin complex may explain the lack of inhibition of trypsin. ..
- Mazzoni C, Zarov P, Rambourg A, Mann C. The SLT2 (MPK1) MAP kinase homolog is involved in polarized cell growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Cell Biol. 1993;123:1821-33 pubmed..Furthermore, slt2::HIS3 act1-1 and slt2::HIS3 myo2-66 double mutants are inviable. We suggest that Slt2p functions downstream or in parallel with Cdc28p in promoting bud formation and apical growth. ..
- Minet M, Dufour M, Lacroute F. Complementation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae auxotrophic mutants by Arabidopsis thaliana cDNAs. Plant J. 1992;2:417-22 pubmed..The cDNA complementing the ura1 yeast mutant was sequenced, analysed and shown to encode a dihydroorotic (DHO) dehydrogenase sequence. ..
- Liljelund P, Mariotte S, Buhler J, Sentenac A. Characterization and mutagenesis of the gene encoding the A49 subunit of RNA polymerase A in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:9302-5 pubmed..The truncated and wild-type subunits compete equally for assembly in the heterozygous diploid, although the wild type is phenotypically dominant. ..
- Angulo J, Rouer E, Benarous R, Devoret R. Identification of a mouse cDNA fragment whose expressed polypeptide reacts with anti-recA antibodies. Biochimie. 1991;73:251-6 pubmed..Kin17(200) polypeptide also displays a significant similarity with the helix 1 motif of several homeoproteins. ..
- Viel A, le Maire M, Philippe H, Morales J, Mazabraud A, Denis H. Structural and functional properties of thesaurin a (42Sp50), the major protein of the 42 S particles present in Xenopus laevis previtellogenic oocytes. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:10392-9 pubmed..In particular, the 42 S particle contains GTP and efficiently transfers aminoacyl-tRNA to 80 S ribosomes without addition of exogenous elongation factor. ..
- Dje M, Mazabraud A, Viel A, le Maire M, Denis H, Crawford E, et al. Three genes under different developmental control encode elongation factor 1-alpha in Xenopus laevis. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:3489-93 pubmed..The latter two proteins are very similar to known eukaryotic EF-1 alpha from other organisms and presumably function in their respective cell types to support protein synthesis. ..
- Esnault Y, Blondel M, Deshaies R, Scheckman R, Kepes F. The yeast SSS1 gene is essential for secretory protein translocation and encodes a conserved protein of the endoplasmic reticulum. EMBO J. 1993;12:4083-93 pubmed..Consistent with its essential role in protein translocation, the Sss1 protein localizes to the ER and homologues were detected in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Harington A, Herbert C, Tung B, Getz G, Slonimski P. Identification of a new nuclear gene (CEM1) encoding a protein homologous to a beta-keto-acyl synthase which is essential for mitochondrial respiration in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 1993;9:545-55 pubmed..Thus it is possible that the CEM1 protein is involved in the synthesis of a specialized molecule, probably related to a fatty acid, which is essential for mitochondrial respiration. ..
- Amrani N, Minet M, Wyers F, Dufour M, Aggerbeck L, Lacroute F. PCF11 encodes a third protein component of yeast cleavage and polyadenylation factor I. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1102-9 pubmed..Moreover, fractions obtained by anion-exchange chromatography of extracts from the wild-type strain contain both Pcf11 and Rna15 in the same fractions, as shown by immunoblotting with a Pcf11-specific antibody. ..
- Cherfils J, Menetrey J, Le Bras G, Janoueix Lerosey I, de Gunzburg J, Garel J, et al. Crystal structures of the small G protein Rap2A in complex with its substrate GTP, with GDP and with GTPgammaS. EMBO J. 1997;16:5582-91 pubmed
- Garreau de Loubresse N, Ruiz F, Beisson J, Klotz C. Role of delta-tubulin and the C-tubule in assembly of Paramecium basal bodies. BMC Cell Biol. 2001;2:4 pubmed..Delta-tubulin homologs have been identified in the genomes of mammals and protozoa, but their phylogenetic relationships are unclear and their function is not yet known...
- Bousset L, Belrhali H, Janin J, Melki R, Morera S. Structure of the globular region of the prion protein Ure2 from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Structure. 2001;9:39-46 pubmed..The cap region is highly flexible and may interact with the N-terminal region of the partner subunit in the dimer. The implication of this interaction in the assembly of Ure2p into amyloid fibrils is discussed. ..
- Kaminska M, Shalak V, Mirande M. The appended C-domain of human methionyl-tRNA synthetase has a tRNA-sequestering function. Biochemistry. 2001;40:14309-16 pubmed..It may ensure an efficient capture of tRNA(Met) under conditions of suboptimal deacylated tRNA concentration prevailing in vivo, and may instigate direct transfer of aminoacylated tRNA from the synthetase to elongation factor EF-1alpha. ..
- van Dijk E, Cougot N, Meyer S, Babajko S, Wahle E, Seraphin B. Human Dcp2: a catalytically active mRNA decapping enzyme located in specific cytoplasmic structures. EMBO J. 2002;21:6915-24 pubmed..hDcp1 and hDcp2 co-localize in cell cytoplasm, consistent with a role in mRNA decay. Interestingly, these two proteins show a non-uniform distribution, accumulating in specific foci. ..
- Tarayre S, Vinardell J, Cebolla A, Kondorosi A, Kondorosi E. Two classes of the CDh1-type activators of the anaphase-promoting complex in plants: novel functional domains and distinct regulation. Plant Cell. 2004;16:422-34 pubmed..In the different plant organs, the expression of Mtccs52A and Mtccs52B displayed differences and indicated the involvement of the APC in differentiation processes. ..
- Ballut L, Marchadier B, Baguet A, Tomasetto C, Seraphin B, Le Hir H. The exon junction core complex is locked onto RNA by inhibition of eIF4AIII ATPase activity. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:861-9 pubmed..We elucidate the modalities of EJC binding to RNA and provide the first example of how cellular machineries may use RNA helicases to clamp several proteins onto RNA in stable and sequence-independent manners. ..
- Gaisne M, Bonnefoy N. The COX18 gene, involved in mitochondrial biogenesis, is functionally conserved and tightly regulated in humans and fission yeast. FEMS Yeast Res. 2006;6:869-82 pubmed..This transcriptional control contrasts with the constitutive abundance of the OXA1 mRNAs and might reflect major functional differences between these nevertheless structurally related genes. ..
- Roche S, Albertini A, Lepault J, Bressanelli S, Gaudin Y. Structures of vesicular stomatitis virus glycoprotein: membrane fusion revisited. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:1716-28 pubmed publisher..Besides the similarities with other viral fusion machineries, the fusion properties and structures of G also reveal some striking particularities that invite us to reconsider a few dogmas concerning fusion proteins. ..
- Shepard W, Soutourina O, Courtois E, England P, Haouz A, Martin Verstraete I. Insights into the Rrf2 repressor family--the structure of CymR, the global cysteine regulator of Bacillus subtilis. FEBS J. 2011;278:2689-701 pubmed publisher..The CymR structure also hints at a possible location of the Fe-S centre associated with several Rrf2-type regulators. ..
- Guelorget A, Barraud P, Tisne C, Golinelli Pimpaneau B. Structural comparison of tRNA m(1)A58 methyltransferases revealed different molecular strategies to maintain their oligomeric architecture under extreme conditions. BMC Struct Biol. 2011;11:48 pubmed publisher..All TrmIs are assembled as tetramers formed by dimers of tightly assembled dimers...
- Thomas D, Cherest H, Surdin Kerjan Y. Identification of the structural gene for glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase in yeast. Inactivation leads to a nutritional requirement for organic sulfur. EMBO J. 1991;10:547-53 pubmed..That AdoMet controls a part of the pentose phosphate pathway sheds new light on mechanisms regulating the relative fluxes of carbon utilization through the pentose phosphate pathway and glycolysis. ..
- Cherel I, Thuriaux P. The IFH1 gene product interacts with a fork head protein in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Yeast. 1995;11:261-70 pubmed..These data suggest a direct interaction between the Fhl1p and Ifh1p proteins, and are consistent with a model where Fhl1p is converted from a transcriptional repressor to an activator on binding of Ifh1p. ..
- Szczepanek T, Lazowska J. Replacement of two non-adjacent amino acids in the S.cerevisiae bi2 intron-encoded RNA maturase is sufficient to gain a homing-endonuclease activity. EMBO J. 1996;15:3758-67 pubmed..capensis bi2-encoded protein which functions in both splicing and intron mobility in the wild-type cells. These results provide new insight into our understanding of the activity and the evolution of group I intron-encoded proteins. ..
- Quevillon S, Mirande M. The p18 component of the multisynthetase complex shares a protein motif with the beta and gamma subunits of eukaryotic elongation factor 1. FEBS Lett. 1996;395:63-7 pubmed..These results suggest that p18 contributes a template for association of the multisynthetase complex with EF-1H...
- Motorin Y, Le Caer J, Waller J. Cysteinyl-tRNA synthetase from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Purification, characterization and assignment to the genomic sequence YNL247w. Biochimie. 1997;79:731-40 pubmed..Alignment of the primary sequences of prokaryotic and yeast CRS reveals that the larger size of the latter is accounted for mostly by several insertions within the sequence. ..
- Le Bouffant F, Capdevielle J, Guillemot J, Sladeczek F. Characterization of brain PCTAIRE-1 kinase immunoreactivity and its interactions with p11 and 14-3-3 proteins. Eur J Biochem. 1998;257:112-20 pubmed..Our results allow us to attribute these widely distributed cDNA sequences to an existing 26-kDa protein and to localize a gene within two recently published genomic sequences. ..
- Peyroche A, Antonny B, Robineau S, Acker J, Cherfils J, Jackson C. Brefeldin A acts to stabilize an abortive ARF-GDP-Sec7 domain protein complex: involvement of specific residues of the Sec7 domain. Mol Cell. 1999;3:275-85 pubmed..We show that the target of BFA inhibition of ARF exchange activity is an ARF-GDP-Sec7 domain protein complex, and that BFA acts to stabilize this complex to a greater extent for a BFA-sensitive Sec7 domain than for a resistant one. ..
- Motorin Y, Grosjean H. Multisite-specific tRNA:m5C-methyltransferase (Trm4) in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae: identification of the gene and substrate specificity of the enzyme. RNA. 1999;5:1105-18 pubmed..Because this newly characterized multisite-specific modification enzyme Ybl024p is the fourth tRNA-specific methyltransferase identified in yeast, we suggest designating it as TRM4, the gene corresponding to ORF YBL024w. ..
- Ruiz F, Dupuis Williams P, Klotz C, Forquignon F, Bergdoll M, Beisson J, et al. Genetic evidence for interaction between eta- and beta-tubulins. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:212-20 pubmed..The likely function of eta-tubulin as part of a complex specifically involved in basal body biogenesis is discussed. ..
- Chiron S, Suleau A, Bonnefoy N. Mitochondrial translation: elongation factor tu is essential in fission yeast and depends on an exchange factor conserved in humans but not in budding yeast. Genetics. 2005;169:1891-901 pubmed..We find that S. cerevisiae EF-Tu is functionally equivalent to the S. pombe EF-Tu/EF-Ts couple. Point mutations in the S. pombe EF-Tu can render it independent of its exchange factor, thereby mimicking the situation in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Meinnel T, Giglione C. Tools for analyzing and predicting N-terminal protein modifications. Proteomics. 2008;8:626-49 pubmed publisher..Progress is being made towards the annotation of databases containing information for complete proteomes, and should facilitate research into all areas of proteomics. ..
- Laguri C, Duband Goulet I, Friedrich N, Axt M, Belin P, Callebaut I, et al. Human mismatch repair protein MSH6 contains a PWWP domain that targets double stranded DNA. Biochemistry. 2008;47:6199-207 pubmed publisher..However, it only moderately affects domain stability, and it does not perturb DNA binding in vitro. ..
- Jézéquel L, Loeper J, Pompon D. Sequence-independent construction of ordered combinatorial libraries with predefined crossover points. Biotechniques. 2008;45:523-32 pubmed publisher..Fragments are finally reassembled using a fusion PCR. The process is illustrated via the construction of a set of mosaic CYP2B enzymes using this highly modular approach. ..
- Da Lage J, Maczkowiak F, Cariou M. Phylogenetic distribution of intron positions in alpha-amylase genes of bilateria suggests numerous gains and losses. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19673 pubmed publisher..In contrast, recent intron insertions were not associated with a specific sequence. In animal Amy genes, population size and generation time seem to have played only minor roles in shaping gene structures. ..
- Seyer A, Fenaille F, Féraudet Tarisse C, Volland H, Popoff M, Tabet J, et al. Rapid quantification of clostridial epsilon toxin in complex food and biological matrixes by immunopurification and ultraperformance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. Anal Chem. 2012;84:5103-9 pubmed publisher..The assay sensitivity in milk and serum was estimated at 5 ng·mL(-1) for ETX, making this approach complementary to enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) techniques. ..
- MÃ©neret A, Franz E, Trouillard O, Oliver T, Zagar Y, Robertson S, et al. Mutations in the netrin-1 gene cause congenital mirror movements. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:3923-3936 pubmed publisher..Since netrin-1 is a diffusible extracellular cue, the pathophysiology likely involves its loss of function and subsequent disruption of axon guidance, resulting in abnormal decussation of the CST. ..
- Perelroizen I, Didry D, Christensen H, Chua N, Carlier M. Role of nucleotide exchange and hydrolysis in the function of profilin in action assembly. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12302-9 pubmed
- BarthÃ©lemy N, Fenaille F, Hirtz C, Sergeant N, Schraen Maschke S, Vialaret J, et al. Tau Protein Quantification in Human Cerebrospinal Fluid by Targeted Mass Spectrometry at High Sequence Coverage Provides Insights into Its Primary Structure Heterogeneity. J Proteome Res. 2016;15:667-76 pubmed publisher..This MS-based strategy provided results complementary to those of previous ELISA or Western Blot studies of CSF tau and could be applied to tau monitoring in human CSF cohorts. ..
- Dassa J, Fsihi H, Marck C, Dion M, Kieffer Bontemps M, Boquet P. A new oxygen-regulated operon in Escherichia coli comprises the genes for a putative third cytochrome oxidase and for pH 2.5 acid phosphatase (appA). Mol Gen Genet. 1991;229:341-52 pubmed
- Bailly E, McCaffrey M, Touchot N, Zahraoui A, Goud B, Bornens M. Phosphorylation of two small GTP-binding proteins of the Rab family by p34cdc2. Nature. 1991;350:715-8 pubmed..This may provide a clue to the mechanism by which phosphorylation could affect membrane traffic during mitosis. ..
- Deschamps S, Viel A, Denis H, le Maire M. Purification of two thermostable components of messenger ribonucleoprotein particles (mRNPs) from Xenopus laevis oocytes, belonging to a novel class of RNA-binding proteins. FEBS Lett. 1991;282:110-4 pubmed..The abundance and semi-periodic distribution of proline residues in mRNP3 and mRNP4 sequences suggest that these RNA-binding proteins adopt an unusual type of conformation. ..
- Thuillier V, Stettler S, Sentenac A, Thuriaux P, Werner M. A mutation in the C31 subunit of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA polymerase III affects transcription initiation. EMBO J. 1995;14:351-9 pubmed..Interestingly, the C-terminal deletion was also suppressed by a high gene dosage of the DED1 gene encoding a putative helicase. ..
- Auzat I, Le Bras G, Branny P, de la Torre F, Theunissen B, Garel J. The role of Glu187 in the regulation of phosphofructokinase by phosphoenolpyruvate. J Mol Biol. 1994;235:68-72 pubmed..This requirement of a negative charge for ADP binding could explain the striking conservation of an aspartate residue at position 187 in all the eukaryotic phosphofructokinases. ..
- Hermann Le Denmat S, Sipiczki M, Thuriaux P. Suppression of yeast RNA polymerase III mutations by the URP2 gene encoding a protein homologous to the mammalian ribosomal protein S20. J Mol Biol. 1994;240:1-7 pubmed..URP2 was assigned to the left arm of chromosome VIII, and maps between DUR3 and YLF1. The latter gene product has homology to the E. coli gtp1 gene product, and may define a new family of putative GTP-binding proteins. ..
- Esnault R, Buffard D, Breda C, Sallaud C, el Turk J, Kondorosi A. Pathological and molecular characterizations of alfalfa interactions with compatible and incompatible bacteria, Xanthomonas campestris pv. alfalfae and Pseudomonas syringae pv. pisi. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1993;6:655-64 pubmed..High-level accumulation of a 0.8-kb transcript encoding a PR protein was observed 6 to 30 hr postinfection in the incompatible interaction. ..
- Guyot J, Grassi J, Hahn U, Guschlbauer W. The role of the preserved sequences of Dam methylase. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:3183-90 pubmed..We discuss the significance of these results for the understanding of the functional properties of the enzyme. ..
- Lalo D, Carles C, Sentenac A, Thuriaux P. Interactions between three common subunits of yeast RNA polymerases I and III. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:5524-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the assembly of RNA polymerase I and III requires the association of ABC10 beta subunit with an AC19/AC40 heterodimer. ..
- Galat A, Gerbod M, Bouet F, Riviere S. Proteins and their amino acid compositions: uniqueness, variability, and applications. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1996;330:229-37 pubmed..A suite of algorithms which form the AAC-PI method are described in detail. ..
- Thuret J, Valay J, Faye G, Mann C. Civ1 (CAK in vivo), a novel Cdk-activating kinase. Cell. 1996;86:565-76 pubmed..Civ1 is the only CAK for which there are genetic data indicating that its activity is physiologically relevant in vivo. ..
- Dive V, Cotton J, Yiotakis A, Michaud A, Vassiliou S, Jiracek J, et al. RXP 407, a phosphinic peptide, is a potent inhibitor of angiotensin I converting enzyme able to differentiate between its two active sites. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4330-5 pubmed
- Auzat I, Chapuy Regaud S, Le Bras G, Dos Santos D, Ogunniyi A, Le Thomas I, et al. The NADH oxidase of Streptococcus pneumoniae: its involvement in competence and virulence. Mol Microbiol. 1999;34:1018-28 pubmed..This work establishes, for the first time, the role of O2 in the regulation of pneumococcal transformability and virulence. ..
- Boujemaa Paterski R, Gouin E, Hansen G, Samarin S, Le Clainche C, Didry D, et al. Listeria protein ActA mimics WASp family proteins: it activates filament barbed end branching by Arp2/3 complex. Biochemistry. 2001;40:11390-404 pubmed..VASP therefore affects another still unidentified biochemical reaction that plays an important role in actin-based movement. ..
- Sisso ff L, Mousli M, England P, Tuffereau C. Stable trimerization of recombinant rabies virus glycoprotein ectodomain is required for interaction with the p75NTR receptor. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:2543-52 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results show that the C-terminal fusion of the RVG ectodomain with the fibritin foldon is a powerful way to obtain a recombinant trimeric native-like structure of the p75NTR binding domain of RVG...
- Duquerroy S, Stura E, Bressanelli S, Fabiane S, Vaney M, Beale D, et al. Crystal structure of a human autoimmune complex between IgM rheumatoid factor RF61 and IgG1 Fc reveals a novel epitope and evidence for affinity maturation. J Mol Biol. 2007;368:1321-31 pubmed..The antibody contacts also involve two somatically mutated V(H) residues, reinforcing the suggestion of a process of antigen-driven maturation and selection for IgG Fc during the generation of this RF autoantibody. ..
- Laligné C, Klotz C, de Loubresse N, Lemullois M, Hori M, Laurent F, et al. Bug22p, a conserved centrosomal/ciliary protein also present in higher plants, is required for an effective ciliary stroke in Paramecium. Eukaryot Cell. 2010;9:645-55 pubmed publisher..The defects in cell swimming and growth provoked by RNAi can be complemented by expression of human Bug22p. This is the first reported case of complementation by a human gene in a ciliate. ..
- Wilson A, Kinney J, Zwart P, Punginelli C, D Haene S, Perreau F, et al. Structural determinants underlying photoprotection in the photoactive orange carotenoid protein of cyanobacteria. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18364-75 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data implicate several key amino acids in the function of the OCP and reveal that the photoconversion and photoprotective responses of the OCP to blue-green light can be decoupled. ..
- Rouget C, Quinton L, Maïga A, Gales C, Masuyer G, Malosse C, et al. Identification of a novel snake peptide toxin displaying high affinity and antagonist behaviour for the ?2-adrenoceptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;161:1361-74 pubmed publisher..Additionally, its affinity and atypical mode of interaction open up the possibility of its use as a new pharmacological tool, in the study of the physiological roles of ?(2)-adrenoceptor subtypes...
- Bontems F, Verger A, DeWitte F, Lens Z, Baert J, Ferreira E, et al. NMR structure of the human Mediator MED25 ACID domain. J Struct Biol. 2011;174:245-51 pubmed publisher..Preliminary NMR chemical shift mapping showed that VP16 H2 (VP16C) interacts with MED25 ACID through one face of the ?-barrel, defined by strands B4-B7-B6. ..
- Hazebrouck S, Guillon B, Drumare M, Paty E, Wal J, Bernard H. Trypsin resistance of the major peanut allergen Ara h 6 and allergenicity of the digestion products are abolished after selective disruption of disulfide bonds. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2012;56:548-57 pubmed publisher..Five disulfide bridges (DB) stabilize Ara h 6 overall structure and their influence on the trypsin resistance and on the allergenicity of the digestion products was investigated...
- Nguyen T, Chenon M, Vilela F, Velours C, Aumont Nicaise M, Andreani J, et al. Structural plasticity of the N-terminal capping helix of the TPR domain of kinesin light chain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186354 pubmed publisher..Together, these results underline that the structural plasticity of the N-terminal capping helix might represent a structural determinant for TPR domain structural versatility in cargo binding. ..
- Le Bras G, Deville Bonne D, Garel J. Purification and properties of the phosphofructokinase from Lactobacillus bulgaricus. A non-allosteric analog of the enzyme from Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 1991;198:683-7 pubmed
- Teschner W, Serre M, Garel J. Enzymatic properties, renaturation and metabolic role of mannitol-1-phosphate dehydrogenase from Escherichia coli. Biochimie. 1990;72:33-40 pubmed..The enzymatic properties of isolated D-mannitol-1-phosphate dehydrogenase are discussed in relation to the role of this enzyme in the intracellular metabolism. ..
- Thomas D, Barbey R, Surdin Kerjan Y. Gene-enzyme relationship in the sulfate assimilation pathway of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Study of the 3'-phosphoadenylylsulfate reductase structural gene. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:15518-24 pubmed..To account for the latter result, we postulate that the enzymes involved in sulfate assimilation may occur as a multienzyme complex in S. cerevisiae. ..
- Dutreix M, B ckman A, C l rier J, Bagdasarian M, Sommer S, Bailone A, et al. Identification of psiB genes of plasmids F and R6-5. Molecular basis for psiB enhanced expression in plasmid R6-5. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:10669-79 pubmed
- Zinn Justin S, Pillet L, Ducancel F, Thomas A, Smith J, Boulain J, et al. Engineering of protein epitopes: a single deletion in a snake toxin generates full binding capacity to a previously unrecognized antibody. Protein Eng. 1994;7:917-23 pubmed..We found that full antigenicity was restored in the previously unrecognized variant. The implications of this finding are discussed. ..
- Landes C, Perona J, Brunie S, Rould M, Zelwer C, Steitz T, et al. A structure-based multiple sequence alignment of all class I aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases. Biochimie. 1995;77:194-203 pubmed..The alignments also indicate that the class I synthetases may be partitioned into two subgroups: a) MetRS, IleRS, LeuRS, ValRS, CysRS and ArgRS; b) GlnRS, GluRS, TyrRS and TrpRS. ..
- Dezeure F, Vaiman M, Chardon P. Characterization of a polymorphic heat shock protein 70 gene in swine outside the SLA major histocompatibility complex. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1174:17-26 pubmed..Restriction mapping of the Hsp70 gene indicated the absence of introns, and showed that the polymorphic PstI site was located upstream of the gene's 5' coding region, and the PvuII site inside its coding region. ..
- Galat A, Bouet F. Cyclophilin-B is an abundant protein whose conformation is similar to cyclophilin-A. FEBS Lett. 1994;347:31-6 pubmed..It could be released from DNA affinity column at concentrations of NaCl higher than 200 mM. Circular dichroism spectroscopy revealed that bovine cyclophilin-A (bCyP-18) and bCyP-20 in aqueous solution have similar conformations. ..
- Castaing B, Geiger A, Seliger H, Nehls P, Laval J, Zelwer C, et al. Cleavage and binding of a DNA fragment containing a single 8-oxoguanine by wild type and mutant FPG proteins. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:2899-905 pubmed..In contrast, the 4 Fpg proteins with Cys-->Gly mutations within the zinc finger motif neither cleave nor bind the (*G/C) duplex, nor do these proteins suppress the fpg-1 mutator phenotype. ..
- Sladeczek F, Camonis J, Burnol A, Le Bouffant F. The Cdk-like protein PCTAIRE-1 from mouse brain associates with p11 and 14-3-3 proteins. Mol Gen Genet. 1997;254:571-7 pubmed
- Hamel P, Sakamoto W, Wintz H, Dujardin G. Functional complementation of an oxa1- yeast mutation identifies an Arabidopsis thaliana cDNA involved in the assembly of respiratory complexes. Plant J. 1997;12:1319-27 pubmed..Our results suggest that the Oxa1At protein is essential for the respiratory complex assembly in A. thaliana, and that genes involved in mitochondrial multiprotein complex formation can be conserved between plants and other organisms. ..
- Virlon B, Firsov D, Cheval L, Reiter E, Troispoux C, Guillou F, et al. Rat G protein-coupled receptor kinase GRK4: identification, functional expression, and differential tissue distribution of two splice variants. Endocrinology. 1998;139:2784-95 pubmed..The differential tissue distribution of GRKA4 and GRK4B suggests that individual GRK4 variants may serve distinct physiological functions. ..
- Carlier M, Ducruix A, Pantaloni D. Signalling to actin: the Cdc42-N-WASP-Arp2/3 connection. Chem Biol. 1999;6:R235-40 pubmed
- Rouillon A, Surdin Kerjan Y, Thomas D. Transport of sulfonium compounds. Characterization of the s-adenosylmethionine and s-methylmethionine permeases from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:28096-105 pubmed
- Dumay H, Rubbi L, Sentenac A, Marck C. Interaction between yeast RNA polymerase III and transcription factor TFIIIC via ABC10alpha and tau131 subunits. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:33462-8 pubmed..These results point to the potential importance of a functional contact between TFIIIC and RNA polymerase III. ..
- Libri D, Graziani N, Saguez C, Boulay J. Multiple roles for the yeast SUB2/yUAP56 gene in splicing. Genes Dev. 2001;15:36-41 pubmed..Data reported here as well as in the accompanying papers strongly implicate Sub2p in multiple steps of the spliceosome assembly process. ..
- Fieulaine S, Morera S, Poncet S, Monedero V, Gueguen Chaignon V, Galinier A, et al. X-ray structure of HPr kinase: a bacterial protein kinase with a P-loop nucleotide-binding domain. EMBO J. 2001;20:3917-27 pubmed publisher..The results confirm that HprK/P represents a new family of protein kinases, first identified in bacteria, but which may also have members in eukaryotes...
- Rousseau V, Goupille O, Morin N, Barnier J. A new constitutively active brain PAK3 isoform displays modified specificities toward Rac and Cdc42 GTPases. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:3912-20 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that the new PAK3b isoform has unique properties and would signal differently from PAK3a in neurons...
- Da Lage J, Maisonhaute C, Maczkowiak F, Cariou M. A nested alpha-amylase gene in Drosophila ananassae. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:355-62 pubmed publisher..Our data also help to elucidate the history of the Amy family, suggesting that Amy35 arose by duplication and translocation from another ancestral locus, into a formerly short intron, in an ancestor of the subgroup...