Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Paris, Île de France, France
Locale: Paris, Île de France, France
Publications1144 found, 100 shown here
- Hill G, Nochy D, Bruneval P, Duong Van Huyen J, Glotz D, Suberbielle C, et al. Donor-specific antibodies accelerate arteriosclerosis after kidney transplantation. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011;22:975-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these data support the hypothesis that donor-specific antibodies dramatically accelerate post-transplant progression of arteriosclerosis. ..
- Ariane M, Colin P, Ouzzane A, Pignot G, Audouin M, Cornu J, et al. Assessment of oncologic control obtained after open versus laparoscopic nephroureterectomy for upper urinary tract urothelial carcinomas (UUT-UCs): results from a large French multicenter collaborative study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2012;19:301-8 pubmed publisher..There is no evidence that oncological outcomes for LNU are inferior to those for open surgery, provided that the appropriate precautionary measures are taken. ..
- Chappard C, Bensalah S, Olivier C, Gouttenoire P, Marchadier A, Benhamou C, et al. 3D characterization of pores in the cortical bone of human femur in the elderly at different locations as determined by synchrotron micro-computed tomography images. Osteoporos Int. 2013;24:1023-33 pubmed publisher..Using micro-CT based on synchrotron radiation, three-dimensional morphology and connectivity of the pore network are location dependent, underlying different remodeling mechanisms...
- Birgand G, Radu C, Alkhoder S, Al Attar N, Raffoul R, Dilly M, et al. Does a gentamicin-impregnated collagen sponge reduce sternal wound infections in high-risk cardiac surgery patients?. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2013;16:134-41 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that a substantial proportion of wound contaminations occur after bypass surgery with bilateral internal mammary artery grafts. ..
- Fallet V, Cadranel J, Doubre H, Toper C, Monnet I, Chinet T, et al. Prospective screening for ALK: clinical features and outcome according to ALK status. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1239-46 pubmed publisher..98; 95% CI [1.29-6.90], p=0.01). French ALK+ patients present a specific phenotype. ALK rearrangement should be determined to improve OS with an effective targeted therapy. ..
- Riou F, Aubry R, Pontone S, Pennec S. When Physicians Report Having Used Medical Drugs to Deliberately End a Patient's Life: Findings of the "End-of-Life in France" Survey. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;50:208-15 pubmed publisher..These findings underscore the pressing need for a clarification of the concepts involved among health professionals, patients, and society at large, and better training and support for physicians. ..
- Cohen S, Lamarque F, Saucet J, Provent P, Langram C, LeGargasson J. Filling-in phenomenon in patients with age-related macular degeneration: differences regarding uni- or bilaterality of central scotoma. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2003;241:785-91 pubmed
- Klijanienko J, Caillaud J, Lagace R. Fine-needle aspiration in liposarcoma: cytohistologic correlative study including well-differentiated, myxoid, and pleomorphic variants. Diagn Cytopathol. 2004;30:307-12 pubmed..The demonstration of the specific translocation t(12;16)(q13;p11) of myxoid LS is very helpful to establish the diagnosis. Pleomorphic LS should be differentiated from other high-grade sarcomas, whenever possible. ..
- Pradat P, Bruneteau G, Gonzalez de Aguilar J, Dupuis L, Jokic N, Salachas F, et al. Muscle Nogo-A expression is a prognostic marker in lower motor neuron syndromes. Ann Neurol. 2007;62:15-20 pubmed..Use of the test in clinical practice may shorten the delay before introduction of neuroprotective drugs or inclusion in clinical trials. ..
- Asmar R, Garcia Puig J, Gosse P, Karpov Y, De Leeuws P, Magometschniggs D, et al. Ambulatory blood pressure in hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy: efficacy of first-line combination perindopril/indapamide therapy. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2007;3:371-80 pubmed..No unusual safety elements were noted. First-line perindopril/indapamide combination decreased ambulatory SBP and PP, and LVM more effectively than enalapril. ..
- Dechartres A, Mazeau V, Grenier Sennelier C, Brezin A, Vidal Trecan G. Improving the organization of consultation departments in university hospitals. J Eval Clin Pract. 2007;13:930-4 pubmed
- Porchay Baldérelli I, Pean F, Emery N, Maimaitiming S, Bellili N, Travert F, et al. Relationships between common polymorphisms of adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporter A1 and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and coronary heart disease in a population with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Metabolism. 2009;58:74-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, common genetic variations of ABCA1 had a moderate influence on HDL-C levels and/or coronary heart disease in patients with T2D. These 2 effects were independent...
- Benyamina A, Bonhomme Faivre L, Picard V, Sabbagh A, Richard D, Blecha L, et al. Association between ABCB1 C3435T polymorphism and increased risk of cannabis dependence. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009;33:1270-4 pubmed publisher..ABCB1 polymorphisms may alter Delta9THC distribution, its psychoactive effects and individual vulnerability to dependence. These results pave the way to a new pharmacogenetic hypothesis in cannabis dependence. ..
- Dalla Barba G, Attali E, La Corte V. Confabulation in healthy aging is related to interference of overlearned, semantically similar information on episodic memory recall. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010;32:655-60 pubmed publisher..This effect is particularly prominent when the to-be remembered episodic information shows strong semantic similarities with preexisting, overlearned information. ..
- Canestri A, Lescure F, Jaureguiberry S, Moulignier A, Amiel C, Marcelin A, et al. Discordance between cerebral spinal fluid and plasma HIV replication in patients with neurological symptoms who are receiving suppressive antiretroviral therapy. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;50:773-8 pubmed publisher..Despite successful suppression of plasma viremia with antiretroviral therapy, HIV may replicate in CSF, with development of CSF HIV resistance resulting in acute or subacute neurological manifestations. ..
- Barrier A, Lescaille G, Rigolet A, Descroix V, Goudot P, Ruhin B. [Jaw osteonecrosis induced by oral biphosphonates: 12 cases]. Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac. 2010;111:196-202 pubmed publisher..Patient management complied to Afssaps and AAOMS recommendations. The evolution was favorable for all managed patients. ..
- Taieb G, Duran PeÃ±a A, de Chamfleur N, Moulignier A, Thouvenot E, Allou T, et al. Punctate and curvilinear gadolinium enhancing lesions in the brain: a practical approach. Neuroradiology. 2016;58:221-35 pubmed publisher..PCGE may conceal several causes, including physiological and pathological conditions. Nevertheless, a practical approach could improve its management and limit the indications of brain biopsy to very specific situations. ..
- BÃ¶hm M, Robertson M, Borer J, Ford I, Komajda M, Mahfoud F, et al. Effect of Visit-to-Visit Variation of Heart Rate and Systolic Blood Pressure on Outcomes in Chronic Systolic Heart Failure: Results From the Systolic Heart Failure Treatment With the If Inhibitor Ivabradine Trial (SHIFT) Trial. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Beyond HR reduction, ivabradine increases HR-CV. Low visit-to-visit variation of HR and SBP might signal risk of cardiovascular outcomes in systolic HF. URL: http://www.isrctn.com/. Unique identifier: ISRCTN70429960. ..
- Chaudet A, Goujon J, Ghazali A. Febrile abdominal pain revealing Horton's disease. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35:1583.e3-1583.e5 pubmed publisher..It should not be ignored in etiological hypotheses regarding febrile abdominal pain in the elderly. Corticosteroids should be started rapidly at high doses and temporal artery biopsy should be planned. ..
- Blacher J, Asmar R, Djane S, London G, Safar M. Aortic pulse wave velocity as a marker of cardiovascular risk in hypertensive patients. Hypertension. 1999;33:1111-7 pubmed..This study shows that aortic PWV is strongly associated with the presence and extent of atherosclerosis and constitutes a forceful marker and predictor of cardiovascular risk in hypertensive patients. ..
- Berr C, Lambert J, Sazdovitch V, Amouyel P, Chartier Harlin M, Mohr M, et al. Neuropathological epidemiology of cerebral aging: a study of two genetic polymorphisms. Neurobiol Aging. 2001;22:227-35 pubmed..However the association was no longer significant when controlling for ApoE epsilon4. It should be noted that the brain of elderly subjects carrying one epsilon4 allele may not undergo senile changes. ..
- Chick G, Alnot J, Silbermann Hoffman O. Intraneural mucoid pseudocysts. A report of ten cases. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2001;83:1020-2 pubmed..Our results are similar to those reported by other authors. A successful surgical outcome depends on early diagnosis before neurological damage has occurred. ..
- Dupont H, Paugam Burtz C, Muller Serieys C, Fierobe L, Chosidow D, Marmuse J, et al. Predictive factors of mortality due to polymicrobial peritonitis with Candida isolation in peritoneal fluid in critically ill patients. Arch Surg. 2002;137:1341-6; discussion 1347 pubmed..7; 95% CI, 1.2-19.7; P =.002). These results confirm the severity of CP in ICU patients and emphasize the prognostic value of direct examination of peritoneal fluid for Candida in this context. ..
- Plamont M, Chasseigneaux S, Delasnerie Laupretre N, Beaudry P, Peoc h K, Laplanche J. Variation at the ADAM10 gene locus is not associated with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Neurosci Lett. 2003;344:132-4 pubmed..Our data indicate that ADAM10 is unlikely to confer genetic susceptibility to CJD. ..
- Kontush A, de Faria E, Chantepie S, Chapman M. Antioxidative activity of HDL particle subspecies is impaired in hyperalphalipoproteinemia: relevance of enzymatic and physicochemical properties. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:526-33 pubmed..5-fold) in HALP and negatively correlated with sAA (as TBARS). Intrinsic antioxidative activity of HDL subspecies is impaired in HALP, reflecting altered enzymatic and physicochemical properties. ..
- Djebbari R, du Montcel S, Sangla S, Vidal J, Gallouedec G, Vidailhet M. Factors predicting improvement in motor disability in writer's cramp treated with botulinum toxin. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004;75:1688-91 pubmed..There was a correlation between the self assessment score and the Burke-Fahn-Marsden score. Benefit was maintained over time These results have implications for the identification of patients most likely to benefit from BTX injections. ..
- Brenner D, Labreuche J, Touboul P, Schmidt Petersen K, Poirier O, Perret C, et al. Cytokine polymorphisms associated with carotid intima-media thickness in stroke patients. Stroke. 2006;37:1691-6 pubmed..088 mm for the GG genotype; P=0.002). The OPN and MCP-1 genes, coding for 2 cytokines with known roles in atherosclerosis, may contribute to increased carotid IMT and warrant further study. ..
- Thabut D, Massard J, Gangloff A, Carbonell N, Francoz C, Nguyen Khac E, et al. Model for end-stage liver disease score and systemic inflammatory response are major prognostic factors in patients with cirrhosis and acute functional renal failure. Hepatology. 2007;46:1872-82 pubmed..This suggests that preventing and treating SIRS could decrease mortality in patients with cirrhosis and acute renal failure. ..
- Couvert P, Giral P, Dejager S, Gu J, Huby T, Chapman M, et al. Association between a frequent allele of the gene encoding OATP1B1 and enhanced LDL-lowering response to fluvastatin therapy. Pharmacogenomics. 2008;9:1217-27 pubmed publisher..Indeed, the common *14 allele, which is distinguished by the presence of the c.463C>A polymorphism, was associated with enhanced lipid-lowering efficacy in this study. ..
- Comperat E, Roupret M, Conort P, Chartier Kastler E, Bitker M, Richard F, et al. Aurora-A/STK-15 is differentially expressed in the micropapillary variant of bladder cancer. Urol Int. 2009;82:312-7 pubmed publisher..03). This is the first study to explore different markers of bad clinical outcome in MPC. We suggest that Aurora-A via mechanisms implied into early steps of mitosis might play a role in aggressive clinical behavior of MPC. ..
- Mazighi M, Serfaty J, Labreuche J, Laissy J, Meseguer E, Lavallee P, et al. Comparison of intravenous alteplase with a combined intravenous-endovascular approach in patients with stroke and confirmed arterial occlusion (RECANALISE study): a prospective cohort study. Lancet Neurol. 2009;8:802-9 pubmed publisher..In patients treated with an IV-endovascular approach, a shorter time from symptom onset to recanalisation is associated with better clinical outcomes. ..
- Grimaldi D, Louis S, Pene F, Sirgo G, Rousseau C, Claessens Y, et al. Profound and persistent decrease of circulating dendritic cells is associated with ICU-acquired infection in patients with septic shock. Intensive Care Med. 2011;37:1438-46 pubmed publisher..The persistence of low mDC counts is associated with the development of ICU-acquired infections, suggesting that DC depletion is a functional feature of sepsis-induced immunosuppression. ..
- Borel J, Tamisier R, Gonzalez Bermejo J, Baguet J, Monneret D, Arnol N, et al. Noninvasive ventilation in mild obesity hypoventilation syndrome: a randomized controlled trial. Chest. 2012;141:692-702 pubmed publisher..One month of NIV treatment, although improving sleep and blood gas measurements dramatically, did not change inflammatory, metabolic, and cardiovascular markers. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT00603096; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov. ..
- Pol S, Ghalib R, Rustgi V, Martorell C, Everson G, Tatum H, et al. Daclatasvir for previously untreated chronic hepatitis C genotype-1 infection: a randomised, parallel-group, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-finding, phase 2a trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2012;12:671-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings support the further development of regimens containing 60 mg daclatasvir for the treatment of chronic genotype-1 HCV infection. Bristol-Myers Squibb. ..
- Schaeffer L, de Crouy Chanel P, Wagner V, Desplat J, Pascal M. How to estimate exposure when studying the temperature-mortality relationship? A case study of the Paris area. Int J Biometeorol. 2016;60:73-83 pubmed publisher..Methods to better represent the subtle temperature variations in densely populated areas in epidemiological studies are needed. ..
- Abdul Aziz M, Lipman J, Akova M, Bassetti M, De Waele J, Dimopoulos G, et al. Is prolonged infusion of piperacillin/tazobactam and meropenem in critically ill patients associated with improved pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic and patient outcomes? An observation from the Defining Antibiotic Levels in Intensive care unit patient. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:196-207 pubmed publisher
- Sultan S, Azria F, Bauer P, Abdelnour M, Atienza P. Anoperineal tuberculosis: diagnostic and management considerations in seven cases. Dis Colon Rectum. 2002;45:407-10 pubmed..Tuberculosis should be suspected in all recurrent fistulas. Histologic examination of the excised tissue and a lung x-ray should be performed to avoid delay in diagnosing an easily curable disease. ..
- El Hajj L, Thellier M, Carrière J, Bricaire F, Danis M, Caumes E. Localized cutaneous leishmaniasis imported into Paris: a review of 39 cases. Int J Dermatol. 2004;43:120-5 pubmed..Imported LCL is still unrecognized by Western physicians. Clusters may be observed in groups of travelers. The therapeutic outcome is impaired by numerous but minor side-effects. ..
- Boissel N, Leroy H, Brethon B, Philippe N, de Botton S, Auvrignon A, et al. Incidence and prognostic impact of c-Kit, FLT3, and Ras gene mutations in core binding factor acute myeloid leukemia (CBF-AML). Leukemia. 2006;20:965-70 pubmed..As previously observed, Ras mutations did not affect prognosis. Screening for RTK mutations may help to identify patients with a more adverse outcome and thus susceptible to benefit from intensified protocols or RTK inhibitors. ..
- Laurent S, Cockcroft J, Van Bortel L, Boutouyrie P, Giannattasio C, Hayoz D, et al. Expert consensus document on arterial stiffness: methodological issues and clinical applications. Eur Heart J. 2006;27:2588-605 pubmed
- Gessner B, Mueller J, Yaro S. African meningitis belt pneumococcal disease epidemiology indicates a need for an effective serotype 1 containing vaccine, including for older children and adults. BMC Infect Dis. 2010;10:22 pubmed publisher..The meningitis belt population needs an effective serotype 1 containing vaccine and policy discussions should consider vaccine use outside of early childhood. ..
- Souberbielle J, Body J, Lappe J, Plebani M, Shoenfeld Y, Wang T, et al. Vitamin D and musculoskeletal health, cardiovascular disease, autoimmunity and cancer: Recommendations for clinical practice. Autoimmun Rev. 2010;9:709-15 pubmed publisher..An assay measuring both 25(OH)D(2) and 25(OH)D(3) is recommended. Dark-skinned or veiled individuals not exposed much to the sun, elderly and institutionalized individuals may be supplemented (800 IU/day) without baseline testing. ..
- Henry P, Vermillet A, Boval B, Guyetand C, Petroni T, Dillinger J, et al. 24-hour time-dependent aspirin efficacy in patients with stable coronary artery disease. Thromb Haemost. 2011;105:336-44 pubmed publisher..Any biological assessment of aspirin efficacy should take time since last aspirin intake into consideration. ..
- Ducrocq G, Al Attar N, Himbert D, Messika Zeitoun D, Iung B, Descoutures F, et al. Early and mid-term outcomes in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve implantation after previous coronary artery bypass grafting. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012;41:499-504 pubmed publisher..redo surgery, this observation might lead the heart team to consider TAVI as an attractive option in the population of high risk patients with aortic stenosis and previous CABG. ..
- Rapp T, Andrieu S, Molinier L, Grand A, Cantet C, Mullins C, et al. Exploring the relationship between Alzheimer's disease severity and longitudinal costs. Value Health. 2012;15:412-9 pubmed publisher..Potential endogeneity should be controlled for to prevent biased estimations of the impact of AD severity measures on costs. ..
- Hamy Petit A, Belin L, Bonsang Kitzis H, Paquet C, Pierga J, Lerebours F, et al. Pathological complete response and prognosis after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for HER2-positive breast cancers before and after trastuzumab era: results from a real-life cohort. Br J Cancer. 2016;114:44-52 pubmed publisher..02) but not in the HR-positive subgroup (P=0.12). Major pCR and DFS gains in HER2-positive BC were observed since 'trastuzumab' era. Further improvements rely on the enrollment of accurately selected patients into clinical trials. ..
- Decq P, Gault N, Blandeau M, Kerdraon T, Berkal M, ElHelou A, et al. Long-term consequences of recurrent sports concussion. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2016;158:289-300 pubmed publisher..PHQ-9 and HIT-6 scores were significantly associated with the number of RCs. ..
- Dendale R, Vincent Salomon A, Mouret Fourme E, Savignoni A, Medioni J, Campana F, et al. Medullary breast carcinoma: prognostic implications of p53 expression. Int J Biol Markers. 2003;18:99-105 pubmed..We confirm that medullary breast carcinoma has a favorable prognosis despite its aggressive pathological features. p53 protein accumulation, found in the majority of MBCs, was not related to outcome...
- Allanore Y, Borderie D, Perianin A, Lemarechal H, Ekindjian O, Kahan A. Nifedipine protects against overproduction of superoxide anion by monocytes from patients with systemic sclerosis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2005;7:R93-100 pubmed..This supports the hypothesis that this drug could be useful for the treatment of diseases associated with oxidative stress. ..
- Varna M, Soliman H, Feugeas J, Turpin E, Chapelin D, Legres L, et al. Changes in allelic imbalances in locally advanced breast cancers after chemotherapy. Br J Cancer. 2007;97:1157-64 pubmed
- Idbaih A, Boisselier B, Marie Y, Sanson M, El Hallani S, Criniere E, et al. Influence of MDM2 SNP309 alone or in combination with the TP53 R72P polymorphism in oligodendroglial tumors. Brain Res. 2008;1198:16-20 pubmed publisher..Finally, MDM2 SNP309, alone or in combination with TP53 R72P, was not associated with oligodendroglial tumors. ..
- Gnansia D, Pressnitzer D, Péan V, Meyer B, Lorenzi C. Intelligibility of interrupted and interleaved speech for normal-hearing listeners and cochlear implantees. Hear Res. 2010;265:46-53 pubmed publisher..Additional results obtained with normal-hearing listeners tested with tone-vocoded syllables suggest that impaired tracking/integration for implantees stems from limited reception of spectral and temporal fine structure cues. ..
- Moreau C, Pautas E, Gouin Thibault I, Golmard J, Mahe I, Mulot C, et al. Predicting the warfarin maintenance dose in elderly inpatients at treatment initiation: accuracy of dosing algorithms incorporating or not VKORC1/CYP2C9 genotypes. J Thromb Haemost. 2011;9:711-8 pubmed publisher..Once treatment is started using induction doses tailored for elderly patients, the contribution of VKORC1 and CYP2C9 genotypes in dose refinement is negligible compared with two INR values measured during the first week of treatment. ..
- Costedoat Chalumeau N, Amoura Z, Aymard G, Sevin O, Wechsler B, Cacoub P, et al. Potentiation of vitamin K antagonists by high-dose intravenous methylprednisolone. Ann Intern Med. 2000;132:631-5 pubmed..The action of oral anticoagulants is potentiated by intravenous high-dose methylprednisolone. The INR should be monitored daily during concomitant administration of these medications. ..
- de Cremoux P, Extra J, Denis M, Pierga J, Bourstyn E, Nos C, et al. Detection of MUC1-expressing mammary carcinoma cells in the peripheral blood of breast cancer patients by real-time polymerase chain reaction. Clin Cancer Res. 2000;6:3117-22 pubmed..The clinical significance of blood-borne cells in breast cancer, especially at the operable stage, may be investigated by following these patients. ..
- Gehanno P, Deschamps E, Garay E, Baehre M, Garay R. Vasomotor rhinitis: clinical efficacy of azelastine nasal spray in comparison with placebo. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2001;63:76-81 pubmed..Further studies are required to investigate if this therapeutic benefit results from H(1) antagonism or from another, not well-characterized pharmacological action of azelastine...
- Stephan F, Flahault A, Dieudonne N, Hollande J, Paillard F, Bonnet F. Clinical evaluation of circulating blood volume in critically ill patients--contribution of a clinical scoring system. Br J Anaesth. 2001;86:754-62 pubmed..Our results suggest that: (1) individually, no clinical sign presented a clinical useful predictive value; and (2) a clinical scoring system may be helpful for the evaluation of CBV in critically ill patients...
- Combes A, Trouillet J, Joly Guillou M, Chastre J, Gibert C. The impact of methicillin resistance on the outcome of poststernotomy mediastinitis due to Staphylococcus aureus. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;38:822-9 pubmed..Methicillin resistance did not significantly affect ICU mortality among patients with poststernotomy mediastinitis who benefited from optimal treatments. ..
- Bouhours M, Luce S, Sternberg D, Willer J, Fontaine B, Tabti N. A1152D mutation of the Na+ channel causes paramyotonia congenita and emphasizes the role of DIII/S4-S5 linker in fast inactivation. J Physiol. 2005;565:415-27 pubmed..In the light of previous reports, our data point to functional as well as phenotypic differences between mutations of conserved S4-S5 residues in domains II and III of the human skeletal muscle Na+ channel. ..
- Boyer P, Bourgeois P, Boyer O, Catonne Y, Saillant G. Massive Gorham-Stout syndrome of the pelvis. Clin Rheumatol. 2005;24:551-5 pubmed..Based on a large review of the literature, the authors then discuss the prognosis, etiopathology, and different therapeutic options available to halt the progression of the osteolysis. ..
- Frances C, Niang S, Laffitte E, Pelletier F, Costedoat N, Piette J. Dermatologic manifestations of the antiphospholipid syndrome: two hundred consecutive cases. Arthritis Rheum. 2005;52:1785-93 pubmed..2, 95% CI 0.1-0.5). The dermatologic manifestations of APS are frequently the presenting feature of the syndrome, and livedo reticularis is significantly associated with the arterial subset of APS. ..
- Gaussem P, Reny J, Thalamas C, Chatelain N, Kroumova M, Jude B, et al. The specific thromboxane receptor antagonist S18886: pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies. J Thromb Haemost. 2005;3:1437-45 pubmed..The results of this study, which included modeling and simulation, help identify the minimal effective plasma concentration of S18886 required for potent antiplatelet efficacy in patients with stable peripheral arterial disease. ..
- Borderie V, Boelle P, Touzeau O, Allouch C, Boutboul S, Laroche L. Predicted long-term outcome of corneal transplantation. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:2354-60 pubmed publisher..For corneal diseases not involving the endothelium, deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty seems to be a promising therapeutic approach with higher long-term expected survival. ..
- Querques G, Kerrate H, Leveziel N, Coscas G, Soubrane G, Souied E. Intravitreal ranibizumab for choroidal neovascularization associated with retinal astrocytic hamartoma. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2010;20:789-91 pubmed..To report on a patient with retinal astrocytic hamartoma, who developed a choroidal neovascularization (CNV), effectively treated by intravitreal ranibizumab injections...
- Sevilla Dedieu C, Kovess Masfety V, Angermeyer M, Bruffaerts R, Fernandez A, de Girolamo G, et al. Measuring use of services for mental health problems in epidemiological surveys. Int J Methods Psychiatr Res. 2011;20:182-91 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, services used for mental health reasons when measured through a question referring to use of care due to the presence of a mental problem may underestimate the care people received for their problems. ..
- Vetsika E, Konsolakis G, Aggouraki D, Kotsakis A, Papadimitraki E, Christou S, et al. Immunological responses in cancer patients after vaccination with the therapeutic telomerase-specific vaccine Vx-001. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2012;61:157-168 pubmed publisher..The Vx-001 vaccine is a promising candidate for cancer immunotherapy since it can induce a TERT-specific T-cell immune response that is associated with prolonged survival. ..
- Bergeron A, Porcher R, Sulahian A, De Bazelaire C, Chagnon K, Raffoux E, et al. The strategy for the diagnosis of invasive pulmonary aspergillosis should depend on both the underlying condition and the leukocyte count of patients with hematologic malignancies. Blood. 2012;119:1831-7; quiz 1956 pubmed publisher..005 vs allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant and P = .048 vs others). Our results suggest that different strategies for diagnosing IPA should be considered based on the underlying condition. ..
- Pomeroy V, Rowe P, Clark A, Walker A, Kerr A, Chandler E, et al. A Randomized Controlled Evaluation of the Efficacy of an Ankle-Foot Cast on Walking Recovery Early After Stroke: SWIFT Cast Trial. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2016;30:40-8 pubmed publisher..However, SWIFT Cast remains a clinical option because it is low cost and custom-made by therapists who can readily adapt it during the rehabilitation period. ..
- Ravaud P, Auleley G, Ayral X, Marre J, Amor B. Piroxicam therapy: a double blind, randomized, multicenter study comparing 2 versus 4 week treatment in patients with painful knee osteoarthritis with effusion. J Rheumatol. 1998;25:2425-31 pubmed..When administration of piroxicam 20 mg is prolonged to 28 days, continuing benefit is observed for some patients with knee OA with painful synovial effusion without a significant difference in safety. ..
- Ma L, De Roquancourt A, Bertheau P, Chevret S, Millot G, Sastre Garau X, et al. Expression of amphiregulin and epidermal growth factor receptor in human breast cancer: analysis of autocriny and stromal-epithelial interactions. J Pathol. 2001;194:413-9 pubmed..005) and marginally related to SBR grade III (p=0.07). EGFR expression in invasive tumour and stromal cells was correlated with absence of oestrogen receptor and non-inflammatory carcinoma (p=0.002 and p=0.015, respectively). ..
- Gluckman E, Rokicka Milewska R, Hann I, Nikiforakis E, Tavakoli F, Cohen Scali S, et al. Results and follow-up of a phase III randomized study of recombinant human-granulocyte stimulating factor as support for immunosuppressive therapy in patients with severe aplastic anaemia. Br J Haematol. 2002;119:1075-82 pubmed..We conclude that lenograstim support of immunosuppressive therapy might be used for patients with severe aplastic anaemia as it significantly enhances neutrophil recovery but does not modify the overall response and survival. ..
- Salomon L, Levu S, Deray G, Launay Vacher V, Brucker G, Ravaud P. Assessing residents' prescribing behavior in renal impairment. Int J Qual Health Care. 2003;15:235-40 pubmed
- Gossec L, van der Heijde D, Melian A, Krupa D, James M, Cavanaugh P, et al. Efficacy of cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibition by etoricoxib and naproxen on the axial manifestations of ankylosing spondylitis in the presence of peripheral arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2005;64:1563-7 pubmed..In this exploratory analysis spinal improvement appeared to be greater in patients without peripheral disease. ..
- Aide N, Deux J, Peretti I, Mabille L, Mandet J, Callard P, et al. Persistent foreign body reaction around inguinal mesh prostheses: a potential pitfall of FDG PET. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2005;184:1172-7 pubmed..The purpose of this study is to describe three oncology patients with persistent FDG up-take around inguinal mesh prostheses that occurred up to 10 years after the surgical repair of inguinal hernias and led to false-positive results...
- Meininger V, Asselain B, Guillet P, Leigh P, Ludolph A, Lacomblez L, et al. Pentoxifylline in ALS: a double-blind, randomized, multicenter, placebo-controlled trial. Neurology. 2006;66:88-92 pubmed..The discrepancy between survival and measures of functional changes urges caution in equating these end points in phase III trials, and suggests that both survival and function should be used in phase III trials. ..
- Theaudin M, Saint Maurice J, Chapot R, Vahedi K, Mazighi M, Vignal C, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of dural carotid-cavernous fistulas: a consecutive series of 27 patients. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2007;78:174-9 pubmed..Transvenous embolisation is a safe and efficient endovascular approach to treat patients with DCCF. However, this technique requires a long learning curve. ..
- Granados Canal D, Chardon B, Lefranc A, Gremy I. Air pollution and respiratory hospital admissions in greater Paris: exploring sex differences. Arch Environ Occup Health. 2005;60:307-13 pubmed..These differences may not result solely from differences in biological susceptibility to air pollution because other factors related to gender (differences in individual exposures, in health care management, and so on) may play a role. ..
- Dernis E, Said Nahal R, D Agostino M, Aegerter P, Dougados M, Breban M. Recurrence of spondylarthropathy among first-degree relatives of patients: a systematic cross-sectional study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2009;68:502-7 pubmed publisher..The weight of the non-HLA genetic component was equivalent to that estimated for the HLA locus, and fitted a model of multiplicative interaction between HLA and non-HLA genetic components. ..
- Hochedez P, Canestri A, Guihot A, Brichler S, Bricaire F, Caumes E. Management of travelers with fever and exanthema, notably dengue and chikungunya infections. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2008;78:710-3 pubmed..Travelers presenting with febrile exanthema should therefore be screened for arboviral infections according to the area visited. ..
- Pagnoux C, Mahr A, Hamidou M, Boffa J, Ruivard M, Ducroix J, et al. Azathioprine or methotrexate maintenance for ANCA-associated vasculitis. N Engl J Med. 2008;359:2790-803 pubmed publisher..The two agents appear to be similar alternatives for maintenance therapy in patients with Wegener's granulomatosis and microscopic polyangiitis after initial remission. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00349674.) ..
- Lafay Pillet M, Leonard F, Chopin N, Malaret J, Borghese B, Foulot H, et al. Incidence and risk factors of bladder injuries during laparoscopic hysterectomy indicated for benign uterine pathologies: a 14.5 years experience in a continuous series of 1501 procedures. Hum Reprod. 2009;24:842-9 pubmed publisher..Bladder injury is not linked to an increase of post-operative morbidity when recognized and repaired during the same laparoscopic procedure. The comparison with other routes of hysterectomies should take into account these risk factors. ..
- Clarençon F, Cormier E, Pascal Moussellard H, Maldent J, Pichon S, Le Jean L, et al. Transoral approach for percutaneous vertebroplasty in the treatment of osteolytic tumor lesions of the lateral mass of the atlas: feasibility and initial experience in 2 patients. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38:E193-7 pubmed publisher..No complication was recorded. Both patients experienced pain improvement. Transoral approach for the treatment of osteolytic tumor lesions of the lateral mass of the atlas is feasible and seems to be a safe and effective technique. ..
- Tang W, Teichert M, Chasman D, Heit J, Morange P, Li G, et al. A genome-wide association study for venous thromboembolism: the extended cohorts for heart and aging research in genomic epidemiology (CHARGE) consortium. Genet Epidemiol. 2013;37:512-521 pubmed publisher..Future studies are warranted to better characterize the associations with F11 and FGG and to replicate the new candidate associations. ..
- Harmelin Y, Boineau D, Cardot Leccia N, Fontas E, Bahadoran P, Becker A, et al. Fractionated bipolar radiofrequency and bipolar radiofrequency potentiated by infrared light for treating striae: A prospective randomized, comparative trial with objective evaluation. Lasers Surg Med. 2016;48:245-53 pubmed publisher..Fractional bipolar radiofrequency, combined with bipolar radiofrequency potentiated by infrared light, is an effective treatment of both immature and mature striae of the abdomen. ..
- Stefanuto M, Canovas S, Khaddar M, Sanchez S, Denormandie P. [Alzheimer's disease, the importance of the choice of words]. Soins Gerontol. 2017;22:12-16 pubmed publisher..Based on the cross-analysis of some observational data (historical, linguistic, legal and medical), it is possible to highlight the risks and the issues related to the terminological choices for patients and health professionals. ..
- Byrne L, Rodrigues F, Blennow K, Durr A, Leavitt B, Roos R, et al. Neurofilament light protein in blood as a potential biomarker of neurodegeneration in Huntington's disease: a retrospective cohort analysis. Lancet Neurol. 2017;16:601-609 pubmed publisher..Medical Research Council, GlaxoSmithKline, CHDI Foundation, Swedish Research Council, European Research Council, Wallenberg Foundation, and Wolfson Foundation. ..
- Gauci M, Laly P, Vidal Trecan T, Baroudjian B, Gottlieb J, Madjlessi Ezra N, et al. Autoimmune diabetes induced by PD-1 inhibitor-retrospective analysis and pathogenesis: a case report and literature review. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2017;66:1399-1410 pubmed publisher..The presence of autoantibodies before treatment could identify individuals at risk of developing diabetes, but systematic titration may not be relevant considering the rarity of this side effect. ..