Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Toulouse, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Locale: Toulouse, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Topic: molecular sequence data
- Lefrère V, Vincent A, Amalric F. Drosophila melanogaster poly(A)-binding protein: cDNA cloning reveals an unusually long 3'-untranslated region of the mRNA, also present in other eukaryotic species. Gene. 1993;126:295-6 pubmed
- Bortolin Cavaillé M, Cavaille J. The SNORD115 (H/MBII-52) and SNORD116 (H/MBII-85) gene clusters at the imprinted Prader-Willi locus generate canonical box C/D snoRNAs. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:6800-7 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we strongly recommend that PWS-encoded SNORD115 and SNORD116 be considered as bona fide box C/D snoRNAs. ..
- Nava C, Dalle C, Rastetter A, Striano P, de Kovel C, Nabbout R, et al. De novo mutations in HCN1 cause early infantile epileptic encephalopathy. Nat Genet. 2014;46:640-5 pubmed publisher..These findings provide clear evidence that de novo HCN1 point mutations cause a recognizable early-onset epileptic encephalopathy in humans. ..
- Touriol C, Greenland C, Lamant L, Pulford K, Bernard F, Rousset T, et al. Further demonstration of the diversity of chromosomal changes involving 2p23 in ALK-positive lymphoma: 2 cases expressing ALK kinase fused to CLTCL (clathrin chain polypeptide-like). Blood. 2000;95:3204-7 pubmed..These 2 cases, therefore, represent a hitherto undescribed mechanism of ALK activation in lymphoma and further illustrate the diversity of fusion partners for the ALK gene. ..
- Kermarrec N, Roubinet F, Apoil P, Blancher A. Comparison of allele O sequences of the human and non-human primate ABO system. Immunogenetics. 1999;49:517-26 pubmed..These observations reinforce the hypothesis that the maintenance of the ABO gene polymorphism in primates reflects convergent evolution more than transpecies inheritance of ancestor alleles...
- Tavera C, Guillemot J, Capdevielle J, Ferrara P, Leung Tack J, Colle A. A rapid two-step purification of rat cystatin C, one major inhibitor of cysteine proteinases. Prep Biochem. 1989;19:279-91 pubmed..Like human cystatin C, native rat cystatin C, named slow form, is degraded into a more acidic form, called fast form, by a loss of N-terminal amino acids; fast form displayed a pI of 9.4. ..
- Repoila F, Gutierrez C. Osmotic induction of the periplasmic trehalase in Escherichia coli K12: characterization of the treA gene promoter. Mol Microbiol. 1991;5:747-55 pubmed..treA expression was increased in the presence of a mutation in osmZ, which was previously identified as leading to a partially constitutive expression of the osmotically inducible proU operon. ..
- Pr vots F, Tolou S, Delpech B, Kaghad M, Daloyau M. Nucleotide sequence and analysis of the new chromosomal abortive infection gene abiN of Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris S114. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 1998;159:331-6 pubmed..63. No homology with any previously described genes was found. A probe was used to determine the presence of this gene only in S114 from 31 strains tested...
- Vincent M, Gallai R, Olivier D, Speeg Schatz C, Flament J, Calvas P, et al. Variable phenotype related to a novel PAX 6 mutation (IVS4+5G>C) in a family presenting congenital nystagmus and foveal hypoplasia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004;138:1016-21 pubmed..Mutation screening of the PAX6 gene could be useful in elucidating the origin of complex ocular malformations. ..
- Vincent M, GeneviÃ¨ve D, Ostertag A, Marlin S, Lacombe D, Martin Coignard D, et al. Treacher Collins syndrome: a clinical and molecular study based on a large series of patients. Genet Med. 2016;18:49-56 pubmed publisher..Even though TCOF1 and POLR1D were associated with extreme clinical variability, we found no phenotype-genotype correlation. In cases with a typical phenotype of TCS, 6/146 (4%) remained with an unidentified molecular defect. ..
- Salles C, Mével Ninio M, Vincent A, Payre F. A germline-specific splicing generates an extended ovo protein isoform required for Drosophila oogenesis. Dev Biol. 2002;246:366-76 pubmed..Our results emphasize the specific features of splicing in the germline, and reveal its functional importance for the control of ovo/svb-dependent ovarian and epidermal differentiation. ..
- Passot F, Calderon V, Fichant G, Lane D, Pasta F. Centromere binding and evolution of chromosomal partition systems in the Burkholderiales. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:3426-36 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that we are witnessing a plasmid-chromosome interaction from which a third chromosome will emerge in a two-chromosome species...
- Lamant L, Dastugue N, Pulford K, Delsol G, Mariame B. A new fusion gene TPM3-ALK in anaplastic large cell lymphoma created by a (1;2)(q25;p23) translocation. Blood. 1999;93:3088-95 pubmed..The present cases of ALCL associated with a novel t(1;2)(q25;p23) demonstrate that at least one fusion partner other than NPM can activate the intracytoplasmic domain of the ALK kinase. ..
- Cayrol C, Petit C, Raynaud B, Capdevielle J, Guillemot J, Defais M. Recovery of respiration following the SOS response of Escherichia coli requires RecA-mediated induction of 2-keto-4-hydroxyglutarate aldolase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:11806-9 pubmed..2-Keto-4-hydroxyglutarate aldolase also plays a role in respiratory metabolic pathways, which suggests a mechanism for respiration resumption during the termination of the SOS response. ..
- Gorwa M, Croux C, Soucaille P. Molecular characterization and transcriptional analysis of the putative hydrogenase gene of Clostridium acetobutylicum ATCC 824. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:2668-75 pubmed..The amino acid sequence deduced from ORF3 presents no significant similarity to any sequence in various available databases...
- Lemaire M, Froment C, Boutros R, Mondesert O, Nebreda A, Monsarrat B, et al. CDC25B phosphorylation by p38 and MK-2. Cell Cycle. 2006;5:1649-53 pubmed..Since most of these sites are also phosphorylated by several other kinases, our observations highlight the difficulty in characterizing and understanding in vivo phosphorylation patterns. ..
- Gulli M, Girard J, Zabetakis D, Lapeyre B, Melese T, Caizergues Ferrer M. gar2 is a nucleolar protein from Schizosaccharomyces pombe required for 18S rRNA and 40S ribosomal subunit accumulation. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:1912-8 pubmed..gar2 is able to rescue a S.cerevisiae mutant lacking NSR1, thus establishing gar2 as a functional homolog of NSR1. We propose that gar2 helps the assembly of pre-ribosomal particles containing 18S rRNA. ..
- Van Den Berghe L, Laurell H, Huez I, Zanibellato C, Prats H, Bugler B. FIF [fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2)-interacting-factor], a nuclear putatively antiapoptotic factor, interacts specifically with FGF-2. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1709-24 pubmed..Thus we discuss the possibility that these activities could reflect a physiological function of FIF through its interaction with FGF-2. ..
- Peyrefitte S, Kahn D, Haenlin M. New members of the Drosophila Myc transcription factor subfamily revealed by a genome-wide examination for basic helix-loop-helix genes. Mech Dev. 2001;104:99-104 pubmed..Together with previous reports, our data suggest that, similar to networks involved in neurogenesis and myogenesis, the network of Myc-related genes has been globally conserved throughout evolution. ..
- Chassaing N, Sorrentino S, Davis E, Martin Coignard D, Iacovelli A, Paznekas W, et al. OTX2 mutations contribute to the otocephaly-dysgnathia complex. J Med Genet. 2012;49:373-9 pubmed publisher..This study highlights the combined utility of genetics and functional approaches to dissect both the regulatory pathways that govern craniofacial development and the genetics of this disease group. ..
- Njouom R, Pasquier C, Sandres Saune K, Harter A, Souyris C, Izopet J. Assessment of HIV-1 subtyping for Cameroon strains using phylogenetic analysis of pol gene sequences. J Virol Methods. 2003;110:1-8 pubmed..However, it can be a useful method for HIV-1 subtyping, provided that the gene is amplifiable. ..
- Dalenc F, Drouet J, Ader I, Delmas C, Rochaix P, Favre G, et al. Increased expression of a COOH-truncated nucleophosmin resulting from alternative splicing is associated with cellular resistance to ionizing radiation in HeLa cells. Int J Cancer. 2002;100:662-8 pubmed
- Swerts J, Soula C, Sagot Y, Guinaudy M, Guillemot J, Ferrara P, et al. Hemopexin is synthesized in peripheral nerves but not in central nervous system and accumulates after axotomy. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10596-600 pubmed..Thus, hemopexin expression, which can no longer be considered to be liver-specific, correlates with tissular permissivity for axonal regeneration. ..
- Seitz H, Royo H, Bortolin M, Lin S, Ferguson Smith A, Cavaille J. A large imprinted microRNA gene cluster at the mouse Dlk1-Gtl2 domain. Genome Res. 2004;14:1741-8 pubmed..The functions of these miRNAs, which seem only conserved in mammals, are discussed both in terms of epigenetic control and gene regulation during development. ..
- Emond S, Mondeil S, Jaziri K, André I, Monsan P, Remaud Simeon M, et al. Cloning, purification and characterization of a thermostable amylosucrase from Deinococcus geothermalis. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2008;285:25-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, it produces an alpha-glucan at 50 degrees C, with an average degree of polymerization of 45 and a polymerization yield of 76%. DGAS is thus the most active and thermostable amylosucrase known to date...
- Bourbon H. Comparative genomics supports a deep evolutionary origin for the large, four-module transcriptional mediator complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:3993-4008 pubmed publisher..The implications of this comprehensive work for MED structure-function relationships are discussed...
- Van Herreweghe E, Egloff S, Goiffon I, Jady B, Froment C, Monsarrat B, et al. Dynamic remodelling of human 7SK snRNP controls the nuclear level of active P-TEFb. EMBO J. 2007;26:3570-80 pubmed..Thus, we propose that the nuclear level of active P-TEFb is controlled by dynamic and reversible remodelling of 7SK snRNP. ..
- Cayrol C, Lacroix C, Mathe C, Ecochard V, Ceribelli M, Loreau E, et al. The THAP-zinc finger protein THAP1 regulates endothelial cell proliferation through modulation of pRB/E2F cell-cycle target genes. Blood. 2007;109:584-94 pubmed..Together, these data provide the first links in mammals among THAP proteins, cell proliferation, and pRB/E2F cell-cycle pathways. ..
- Gutierrez C, Gordia S, Bonnassie S. Characterization of the osmotically inducible gene osmE of Escherichia coli K-12. Mol Microbiol. 1995;16:553-63 pubmed..The osmE promoter overlaps a promoter for a gene transcribed in the opposite direction, efg. Transcription from the efg promoter is only weakly affected by osmotic pressure and is independent of the presence of an intact OsmE protein. ..
- Cavaille J, Chetouani F, Bachellerie J. The yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae YDL112w ORF encodes the putative 2'-O-ribose methyltransferase catalyzing the formation of Gm18 in tRNAs. RNA. 1999;5:66-81 pubmed..Homologs found in human (TRP-185 protein), Caenorhabditis elegans and Arabidopsis thaliana also exhibit a very long N-terminal extension not related to any protein sequence in databases. ..
- Estrada Mondaca S, Fournier D. Stabilization of recombinant Drosophila acetylcholinesterase. Protein Expr Purif. 1998;12:166-72 pubmed..Another way to reduce instability is the addition of a reversible inhibitor or polyethylene glycol 3350. ..
- Vernet C, Ribouchon M, Chimini G, Jouanolle A, Sidibe I, Pontarotti P. A novel coding sequence belonging to a new multicopy gene family mapping within the human MHC class I region. Immunogenetics. 1993;38:47-53 pubmed..Although the P5-1 sequence showed no similarity to sequences in different databanks, its transcription, which is restricted to lymphoid tissues, argues for an immunological function of its product. ..
- Martin B, Garcia P, Castanié M, Claverys J. The recA gene of Streptococcus pneumoniae is part of a competence-induced operon and controls lysogenic induction. Mol Microbiol. 1995;15:367-79 pubmed..This is unlike the situation of a recA+ lysogen. Together these results demonstrate that RecA controls lysogenic induction and suggest the existence of a SOS repair system in S. pneumoniae. ..
- Boissier F, Bardou F, Guillet V, Uttenweiler Joseph S, Daffe M, Quémard A, et al. Further insight into S-adenosylmethionine-dependent methyltransferases: structural characterization of Hma, an enzyme essential for the biosynthesis of oxygenated mycolic acids in Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4434-45 pubmed..Essential information with respect to cofactor and substrate binding, selectivity and specificity, and about the mechanism of catalytic reaction were derived. ..
- Cecchini D, Laville E, Laguerre S, Robe P, Leclerc M, Dore J, et al. Functional metagenomics reveals novel pathways of prebiotic breakdown by human gut bacteria. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e72766 pubmed publisher..The results expand the vision on how prebiotics are metabolized along the intestine, and open new perspectives for the design of functional foods...
- Bourbon H, Prudhomme M, Amalric F. Sequence and structure of the nucleolin promoter in rodents: characterization of a strikingly conserved CpG island. Gene. 1988;68:73-84 pubmed..Our findings shed some light on the putative role of the CpG island. We show that CpG-rich sequence motifs are under strong selective pressure over the whole 5'-terminal region and are presumably involved in regulatory mechanisms. ..
- Jullien D, Crozatier M, Kas E. cDNA sequence and expression pattern of the Drosophila melanogaster PAPS synthetase gene: a new salivary gland marker. Mech Dev. 1997;68:179-86 pubmed..We discuss the possibility that the pattern of expression of the DmPAPSS gene might reflect a major role for sulfation in mucus biosynthesis at the end of Drosophila embryogenesis. ..
- Arnould M, Tassa A, Ferrand A, Archer E, Esteve J, Pénalba V, et al. The G-protein-coupled CCK2 receptor associates with phospholipase Cgamma1. FEBS Lett. 2004;568:89-93 pubmed..A specific interaction was demonstrated using surface plasmon resonance, confirmed in a cellular system and by molecular modeling. ..
- Bortolin M, Bachellerie J, Clouet d Orval B. In vitro RNP assembly and methylation guide activity of an unusual box C/D RNA, cis-acting archaeal pre-tRNA(Trp). Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:6524-35 pubmed
- Payre F, Vincent A. Genomic targets of the serendipity beta and delta zinc finger proteins and their respective DNA recognition sites. EMBO J. 1991;10:2533-41 pubmed..Two out of the five characterized in detail map at cytological positions coincident with binding sites of the native sry beta protein on polytene chromosomes. ..
- Bouvier J, Bordes P, Romeo Y, Fourçans A, Bouvier I, Gutierrez C. Characterization of OpuA, a glycine-betaine uptake system of Lactococcus lactis. J Mol Microbiol Biotechnol. 2000;2:199-205 pubmed..coli, the opuA promoter appeared as very strong, and only poorly stimulated by elevated osmotic pressure, suggesting the existence of a specific machinery involved in the osmotic signal transduction in L. lactis...
- Simon M, Jonca N, Guerrin M, Haftek M, Bernard D, Caubet C, et al. Refined characterization of corneodesmosin proteolysis during terminal differentiation of human epidermis and its relationship to desquamation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20292-9 pubmed..Importantly, corneodesmosin was demonstrated to be a preferred substrate of two serine proteases involved in desquamation, the stratum corneum tryptic and chymotryptic enzymes. ..
- Larrouy D, Vidal H, Andreelli F, Laville M, Langin D. Cloning and mRNA tissue distribution of human PPARgamma coactivator-1. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1999;23:1327-32 pubmed..The lower expression of skeletal muscle PGC-1 in obesity could contribute to an alteration of mitochondrial gene expression. ..
- Boulanger A, Francez Charlot A, Conter A, Castanie Cornet M, Cam K, Gutierrez C. Multistress regulation in Escherichia coli: expression of osmB involves two independent promoters responding either to sigmaS or to the RcsCDB His-Asp phosphorelay. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:3282-6 pubmed..osmB appears as another example of a multistress-responsive gene whose transcription involves both a sigma(S)-dependent promoter and a second one independent of sigma(S) but controlled by stress-specific transcription factors. ..
- Camus Bouclainville C, Gretillat M, Py R, Gelfi J, Guerin J, Bertagnoli S. Genome sequence of SG33 strain and recombination between wild-type and vaccine myxoma viruses. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:633-8 pubmed publisher..These findings raise questions about the use of insufficiently attenuated virus in vaccination. ..
- Ibnsouda S, Schweisguth F, de Billy G, Vincent A. Relationship between expression of serendipity alpha and cellularisation of the Drosophila embryo as revealed by interspecific transformation. Development. 1993;119:471-83 pubmed..melanogaster and D. pseudoobscura sry alpha RNAs have different subcellular localisations, suggesting that this specific localization has no conserved role in targeting the sry alpha protein to the apical membranes...
- Salvignol I, Blancher A, Calvas P, Clayton J, Socha W, Colin Y, et al. Molecular genetics of chimpanzee Rh-related genes: their relationship with the R-C-E-F blood group system, the chimpanzee counterpart of the human rhesus system. Biochem Genet. 1994;32:201-21 pubmed..Moreover, the nucleotide sequences of the fragments present a high degree of similarity to the corresponding human regions. ..
- Payre F, Buono P, Vanzo N, Vincent A. Two types of zinc fingers are required for dimerization of the serendipity delta transcriptional activator. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:3137-45 pubmed..A systematic deletion analysis shows that interaction between this proposed Cys2/Cys2 motif and a classical Cys2/His2 zinc finger mediates homodimerization, which is required for DNA binding cooperativity. ..
- Kowalski Chauvel A, Najib S, Tikhonova I, Huc L, Lopez F, Martinez L, et al. Identification of the F1-ATPase at the cell surface of colonic epithelial cells: role in mediating cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:41458-68 pubmed publisher..These results suggest an important contribution of cell surface F(1)-ATPase in the pro-proliferative action of this gastrointestinal peptide. ..
- Bouvier J, Gordia S, Kampmann G, Lange R, Hengge Aronis R, Gutierrez C. Interplay between global regulators of Escherichia coli: effect of RpoS, Lrp and H-NS on transcription of the gene osmC. Mol Microbiol. 1998;28:971-80 pubmed..No binding of H-NS to the promoter region DNA could be detected, indicating that the effect on osmCp1 could also be indirect. ..
- Mollereau C, Simons M, Soularue P, Liners F, Vassart G, Meunier J, et al. Structure, tissue distribution, and chromosomal localization of the prepronociceptin gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:8666-70 pubmed..4 contig covering the 8p21 region did not allow to detect the presence of the gene on these yeast artificial chromosomes, suggesting a gap in the coverage within this contig. ..
- Thany S, Crozatier M, Raymond Delpech V, Gauthier M, Lenaers G. Apisalpha2, Apisalpha7-1 and Apisalpha7-2: three new neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor alpha-subunits in the honeybee brain. Gene. 2005;344:125-32 pubmed publisher..Our results show that these nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits are differently expressed among the brain regions and that they appear at different stages of honeybee development...
- Glise B, Bourbon H, Noselli S. hemipterous encodes a novel Drosophila MAP kinase kinase, required for epithelial cell sheet movement. Cell. 1995;83:451-61 pubmed..These data suggest that hep functions in a novel Drosophila MAPK pathway, controlling puckered expression and morphogenetic activity of the dorsal epidermis. ..
- Bossard C, Laurell H, Van den Berghe L, Meunier S, Zanibellato C, Prats H. Translokin is an intracellular mediator of FGF-2 trafficking. Nat Cell Biol. 2003;5:433-9 pubmed..Our data show that the nuclear association of internalized FGF-2 is essential for its mitogenic activity and that Translokin is important in this translocation pathway. ..
- Waltzer L, Bataillé L, Peyrefitte S, Haenlin M. Two isoforms of Serpent containing either one or two GATA zinc fingers have different roles in Drosophila haematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2002;21:5477-86 pubmed..Our results suggest that the inclusion or exclusion of the N-finger in the naturally occurring isoforms of Srp can provide an effective means of extending the versatility of srp function during development. ..
- Legube G, Linares L, Lemercier C, Scheffner M, Khochbin S, Trouche D. Tip60 is targeted to proteasome-mediated degradation by Mdm2 and accumulates after UV irradiation. EMBO J. 2002;21:1704-12 pubmed..Collectively, our results suggest that degradation of Tip60 could be part of the mechanism leading to cell transformation by Mdm2. ..
- Girard J, Baekkevold E, Feliu J, Brandtzaeg P, Amalric F. Molecular cloning and functional analysis of SUT-1, a sulfate transporter from human high endothelial venules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:12772-7 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that SUT-1 is a distinct human Na(+)-coupled sulfate transporter, likely to play a major role in sulfate incorporation in HEV. ..
- Qu L, Henry Y, Nicoloso M, Michot B, Azum M, Renalier M, et al. U24, a novel intron-encoded small nucleolar RNA with two 12 nt long, phylogenetically conserved complementarities to 28S rRNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1995;23:2669-76 pubmed..Yeast S.cerevisiae U24 is also intron-encoded but not in the same host-gene as in humans or chicken. ..
- Cam K, Cuzange A, Bouche J. Sigma S-dependent overexpression of ftsZ in an Escherichia coli K-12 rpoB mutant that is resistant to the division inhibitors DicB and DicF RNA. Mol Gen Genet. 1995;248:190-4 pubmed..Disruption of rpoS, which encodes the stationary phase sigma factor sigma S, lowers FtsZ protein levels in the mutant, and partially restores sensitivity to the inhibitors. ..
- Crozatier M, Kongsuwan K, Ferrer P, Merriam J, Lengyel J, Vincent A. Single amino acid exchanges in separate domains of the Drosophila serendipity delta zinc finger protein cause embryonic and sex biased lethality. Genetics. 1992;131:905-16 pubmed..The fourth mutation is located in the NH2-proximal part of the protein, in a domain proposed to be involved in specific protein-protein interactions. ..
- Prudhomme M, Martin B, Mejean V, Claverys J. Nucleotide sequence of the Streptococcus pneumoniae hexB mismatch repair gene: homology of HexB to MutL of Salmonella typhimurium and to PMS1 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:5332-8 pubmed..This finding also suggests that the Hex, Mut, and PMS systems evolved from a common ancestor and that functionally similar mismatch repair systems could be widespread among procaryotic as well as eucaryotic organisms...
- Noguer Dance M, Abu Amero S, Al Khtib M, Lefevre A, Coullin P, Moore G, et al. The primate-specific microRNA gene cluster (C19MC) is imprinted in the placenta. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3566-82 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our study adds C19MC to the growing list of imprinted repeated small RNA gene clusters and further strengthens the potential involvement of small ncRNAs in the function and/or the evolution of imprinted gene networks. ..
- Faumont N, Chanut A, Benard A, Cogne N, Delsol G, Feuillard J, et al. Comparative analysis of oncogenic properties and nuclear factor-kappaB activity of latent membrane protein 1 natural variants from Hodgkin's lymphoma's Reed-Sternberg cells and normal B-lymphocytes. Haematologica. 2009;94:355-63 pubmed publisher
- Ferrer P, Crozatier M, Salles C, Vincent A. Interspecific comparison of Drosophila serendipity delta and beta: multimodular structure of these C2H2 zinc finger proteins. J Mol Evol. 1994;38:263-73 pubmed..pseudoobscura sry delta gene rescues the sry delta mutant phenotype. Convergence of genetic and structural data on the sry proteins supports a multimodular function and mode of evolution of these C2H2 finger proteins. ..
- Brand S, Bourbon H. The developmentally-regulated Drosophila gene rox8 encodes an RRM-type RNA binding protein structurally related to human TIA-1-type nucleolysins. Nucleic Acids Res. 1993;21:3699-704 pubmed..Molecular characterization of rox8 represents the first step in a genetic analysis of the potential roles of a TIA-1-related protein in RNA metabolism and/or programmed cell death in Drosophila. ..
- Comeau A, Krisch H. The capsid of the T4 phage superfamily: the evolution, diversity, and structure of some of the most prevalent proteins in the biosphere. Mol Biol Evol. 2008;25:1321-32 pubmed publisher..Such differences can be correlated with variations in capsid morphology, the arrangement of the MCP lattice, and the presence of different capsid accessory proteins between the subgroups of the T4 superfamily...
- Claverol S, Burlet Schiltz O, Girbal Neuhauser E, Gairin J, Monsarrat B. Mapping and structural dissection of human 20 S proteasome using proteomic approaches. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2002;1:567-78 pubmed..In particular, we focused our efforts on the alpha7 subunit and characterized its N-acetylation and its phosphorylation site localized on Ser(250). ..
- Baumas K, Soudet J, Caizergues Ferrer M, Faubladier M, Henry Y, Mougin A. Human RioK3 is a novel component of cytoplasmic pre-40S pre-ribosomal particles. RNA Biol. 2012;9:162-74 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results strongly suggest that RioK3 is a novel cytoplasmic component of pre-40S pre-ribosomal particle(s) in human cells, required for normal processing of the 21S pre-rRNA. ..
- Faubladier M, Bouche J. Division inhibition gene dicF of Escherichia coli reveals a widespread group of prophage sequences in bacterial genomes. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:1150-6 pubmed..Our results suggest that dicF and its flanking regions are markers of a widespread family of prophage-like elements of different origins. ..
- Normand C, Capeyrou R, Quevillon Cheruel S, Mougin A, Henry Y, Caizergues Ferrer M. Analysis of the binding of the N-terminal conserved domain of yeast Cbf5p to a box H/ACA snoRNA. RNA. 2006;12:1868-82 pubmed
- Galliano M, Toulza E, Gallinaro H, Jonca N, Ishida Yamamoto A, Serre G, et al. A novel protease inhibitor of the alpha2-macroglobulin family expressed in the human epidermis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:5780-9 pubmed..Therefore, alpha2ML1 is the first alpha2M family member detected in the epidermis. It may play an important role during desquamation by inhibiting extracellular proteases. ..
- Leger Silvestre I, Caffrey J, Dawaliby R, Alvarez Arias D, Gas N, Bertolone S, et al. Specific Role for Yeast Homologs of the Diamond Blackfan Anemia-associated Rps19 Protein in Ribosome Synthesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:38177-85 pubmed
- Ganot P, Jády B, Bortolin M, Darzacq X, Kiss T. Nucleolar factors direct the 2'-O-ribose methylation and pseudouridylation of U6 spliceosomal RNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:6906-17 pubmed..These results are most consistent with a trafficking pathway in which the U6 spliceosomal RNA cycles through the nucleolus to undergo nucleolar RNA-directed modifications. ..
- Caubet C, Jonca N, Lopez F, Esteve J, Simon M, Serre G. Homo-oligomerization of human corneodesmosin is mediated by its N-terminal glycine loop domain. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;122:747-54 pubmed