Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Montpellier, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Locale: Montpellier, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Deleuze V, El Hajj R, Chalhoub E, Dohet C, Pinet V, Couttet P, et al. Angiopoietin-2 is a direct transcriptional target of TAL1, LYL1 and LMO2 in endothelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40484 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we identified ANG-2 as a bona fide target gene of LMO2-complexes with TAL1 and/or LYL1, highlighting a new function of the three hematopoietic factors in the endothelial lineage. ..
- d Alen on E, Bierne N, Girard P, Magdelenat G, Gimenez S, Seninet I, et al. Evolutionary history of x-tox genes in three lepidopteran species: origin, evolution of primary and secondary structure and alternative splicing, generating a repertoire of immune-related proteins. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;43:54-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, our analysis of the genetic organization and expression of x-tox genes in three lepidopteran species suggests a rapid evolution of the organization of these genes...
- Devambez I, Ali Agha M, Mitri C, Bockaert J, Parmentier M, Marion Poll F, et al. G?o is required for L-canavanine detection in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63484 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our study revealed that G?o47A plays a crucial role in L-canavanine detection. ..
- Manes G, Meunier I, Avila Fernandez A, Banfi S, Le Meur G, Zanlonghi X, et al. Mutations in IMPG1 cause vitelliform macular dystrophies. Am J Hum Genet. 2013;93:571-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that IMPG1 mutations cause both autosomal-dominant and -recessive forms of VMD, thus indicating that impairment of the interphotoreceptor matrix might be a general cause of VMD. ..
- Jorda J, Kajava A. T-REKS: identification of Tandem REpeats in sequences with a K-meanS based algorithm. Bioinformatics. 2009;25:2632-8 pubmed publisher..The algorithm has been implemented in JAVA, the program is available upon request at http://bioinfo.montp.cnrs.fr/?r=t-reks. Protein Repeat DataBase generated by using T-REKS is accessible at http://bioinfo.montp.cnrs.fr/?r=repeatDB. ..
- Sri Widada J, Asselin J, Colote S, Marti J, Ferraz C, Trave G, et al. Cloning and deletion mutagenesis using direct protein-protein interaction on an expression vector. Identification of the calmodulin binding domain of alpha-fodrin. J Mol Biol. 1989;205:455-8 pubmed..The site is situated on repeat 11 of fodrin and probably on the extra arm of this repeat. The method we developed is widely applicable to site-directed mutagenesis of interacting proteins. ..
- Lutfalla G, McInnis M, Antonarakis S, Uze G. Structure of the human CRFB4 gene: comparison with its IFNAR neighbor. J Mol Evol. 1995;41:338-44 pubmed..A pseudogene for USF has been identified in the IFNAR gene and a new definition for the repetitive sequence MER37 is proposed. The polymorphism associated with two CA repeats present in the CRFB4 gene is described. ..
- Bibollet Ruche F, Brengues C, Galat Luong A, Galat G, Pourrut X, Vidal N, et al. Genetic diversity of simian immunodeficiency viruses from West African green monkeys: evidence of multiple genotypes within populations from the same geographical locale. J Virol. 1997;71:307-13 pubmed..These data strongly suggest an ancient introduction of these divergent viruses in the AGM population. ..
- Gaymard F, Pilot G, Lacombe B, Bouchez D, Bruneau D, Boucherez J, et al. Identification and disruption of a plant shaker-like outward channel involved in K+ release into the xylem sap. Cell. 1998;94:647-55 pubmed..SKOR expression is strongly inhibited by the stress phytohormone abscisic acid, supporting the hypothesis that control of K+ translocation toward the shoots is part of the plant response to water stress. ..
- Galloni M. Bonsaï, a ribosomal protein S15 homolog, involved in gut mitochondrial activity and systemic growth. Dev Biol. 2003;264:482-94 pubmed..Altogether, these observations suggest that mitochondrial activity is regulated at the tissue-specific level and that this regulation has profound implications for growth and development. ..
- Giraud E, Zappa S, Jaubert M, Hannibal L, Fardoux J, Adriano J, et al. Bacteriophytochrome and regulation of the synthesis of the photosynthetic apparatus in Rhodopseudomonas palustris: pitfalls of using laboratory strains. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2004;3:587-91 pubmed..On the contrary, under laboratory growth conditions where there is no substrate limitation, there is no crucial need for such a regulation and deleterious mutations affecting this process are of no importance. ..
- Le Cam L, Linares L, Paul C, Julien E, Lacroix M, Hatchi E, et al. E4F1 is an atypical ubiquitin ligase that modulates p53 effector functions independently of degradation. Cell. 2006;127:775-88 pubmed..Collectively, our data reveal that E4F1 is a key posttranslational regulator of p53, which modulates its effector functions involved in alternative cell fates: growth arrest or apoptosis. ..
- Lacroix M, El Messaoudi S, Rodier G, Le Cam A, Sardet C, Fabbrizio E. The histone-binding protein COPR5 is required for nuclear functions of the protein arginine methyltransferase PRMT5. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:452-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, both COPR5 depletion and overexpression affect CCNE1 promoter expression. We propose that COPR5 is an important chromatin adaptor for PRMT5 to function on a subset of its target genes. ..
- Pellissier L, Sallander J, Campillo M, Gaven F, Queffeulou E, Pillot M, et al. Conformational toggle switches implicated in basal constitutive and agonist-induced activated states of 5-hydroxytryptamine-4 receptors. Mol Pharmacol. 2009;75:982-90 pubmed publisher..R(*)-5-HT is probably attained through other routes of activation. Thus, different conformational arrangements occur during stabilization of R(*)basal, R(*)-5-HT, R(*)-benzamides, and R(*)-BIMU8. ..
- Yu Y, Streubel J, Balzergue S, Champion A, Boch J, Koebnik R, et al. Colonization of rice leaf blades by an African strain of Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae depends on a new TAL effector that induces the rice nodulin-3 Os11N3 gene. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2011;24:1102-13 pubmed publisher..Based on semiquantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and ?-glucuronidase reporter assays, we show that Os11N3 is directly upregulated by TalC and identify a TalC DNA target box within the Os11N3 upstream sequence...
- de Lorgeril J, Zenagui R, Rosa R, Piquemal D, Bachere E. Whole transcriptome profiling of successful immune response to Vibrio infections in the oyster Crassostrea gigas by digital gene expression analysis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23142 pubmed publisher..This work is a prerequisite for the identification of those physiological traits controlling oyster capacity to survive a Vibrio infection and, subsequently, for a better understanding of the phenomenon of summer mortality...
- Fournier Level A, Hugueney P, Verri s C, This P, Ageorges A. Genetic mechanisms underlying the methylation level of anthocyanins in grape (Vitis vinifera L.). BMC Plant Biol. 2011;11:179 pubmed publisher..The integration of QTL mapping and molecular approaches enabled a better understanding of how variation in gene expression and catalytic efficiency of the resulting enzyme may influence the grape anthocyanin profile...
- Duvic B, Jouan V, Essa N, Girard P, Pages S, Abi Khattar Z, et al. Cecropins as a marker of Spodoptera frugiperda immunosuppression during entomopathogenic bacterial challenge. J Insect Physiol. 2012;58:881-8 pubmed publisher..frugiperda, either by increasing their resistance to AMPs or by preventing their expression during such host-pathogen interaction...
- Verheggen C, Bertrand E. CRM1 plays a nuclear role in transporting snoRNPs to nucleoli in higher eukaryotes. Nucleus. 2012;3:132-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, it could coordinate the fate of these complexes with the general nucleo-cytoplasmic trafficking. ..
- Pages G, Rouayrenc J, Rossi V, Le Cam G, Mariller M, Szpirer J, et al. Primary structure and assignment to chromosome 6 of three related rat genes encoding liver serine protease inhibitors. Gene. 1990;94:273-82 pubmed..This may, at least partly, account for the differential regulation of the three SPI observed during acute inflammation and upon hypophysectomy. ..
- Arpagaus M, Fedon Y, Cousin X, Chatonnet A, Berge J, Fournier D, et al. cDNA sequence, gene structure, and in vitro expression of ace-1, the gene encoding acetylcholinesterase of class A in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:9957-65 pubmed..The secreted enzyme was active and existed as hydrophilic 5 and 11.5 S molecular forms. It hydrolyzed both acetylthiocholine and butyrylthiocholine and was inhibited by acetylthiocholine above 10 mM. ..
- Jounaidi Y, Hyrailles V, Gervot L, Maurel P. Detection of CYP3A5 allelic variant: a candidate for the polymorphic expression of the protein?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;221:466-70 pubmed..The C-->A change at 1280 generates a Tsp509 I site which can be used for routine evaluation of the frequency of this mutation in population studies. ..
- Gaymard F, Boucherez J, Briat J. Characterization of a ferritin mRNA from Arabidopsis thaliana accumulated in response to iron through an oxidative pathway independent of abscisic acid. Biochem J. 1996;318 ( Pt 1):67-73 pubmed..These results indicate that an oxidative pathway, independent of abscisic acid, could be responsible for the iron induction of ferritin synthesis in A. thaliana. ..
- Cohen P. Intrabodies. Targeting scFv expression to eukaryotic intracellular compartments. Methods Mol Biol. 2002;178:367-78 pubmed
- Ponchon L, Dumas C, Kajava A, Fesquet D, Padilla A. NMR solution structure of Mob1, a mitotic exit network protein and its interaction with an NDR kinase peptide. J Mol Biol. 2004;337:167-82 pubmed..Our data suggest that the NDR kinase is a functional Dbf2 homologue in animal cells and contributes to the understanding of the molecular function of Mob1 proteins. ..
- Savare J, Bonneaud N, Girard F. SUMO represses transcriptional activity of the Drosophila SoxNeuro and human Sox3 central nervous system-specific transcription factors. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2660-9 pubmed..Finally, we present evidence that SUMO modification of group B1 Sox factors was conserved during evolution, because Sox3, the human counterpart of SoxN, is also negatively regulated through SUMO modification. ..
- Su Y, North H, Grignon C, Thibaud J, Sentenac H, V ry A. Regulation by external K+ in a maize inward shaker channel targets transport activity in the high concentration range. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1532-48 pubmed publisher..The presence of such channels in maize might reflect physiological traits of C4 and/or monocotyledonous plants...
- Raynaud F, Fernandez E, Coulis G, Aubry L, Vignon X, Bleimling N, et al. Calpain 1-titin interactions concentrate calpain 1 in the Z-band edges and in the N2-line region within the skeletal myofibril. FEBS J. 2005;272:2578-90 pubmed
- René C, Taulan M, Iral F, Doudement J, L honoré A, Gerbon C, et al. Binding of serum response factor to cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator CArG-like elements, as a new potential CFTR transcriptional regulation pathway. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5271-90 pubmed
- Lebrun M, Michelin A, El Hajj H, Poncet J, Bradley P, Vial H, et al. The rhoptry neck protein RON4 re-localizes at the moving junction during Toxoplasma gondii invasion. Cell Microbiol. 2005;7:1823-33 pubmed..Our findings reveals for the first time the participation of rhoptry neck proteins in moving junction formation and strongly suggest the conservation of this structure at the molecular level among Apicomplexa. ..
- Vidal N, Niyongabo T, Nduwimana J, Butel C, Ndayiragije A, Wakana J, et al. HIV type 1 diversity and antiretroviral drug resistance mutations in Burundi. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2007;23:175-80 pubmed
- Perroy J. Subcellular dynamic imaging of protein-protein interactions in live cells by bioluminescence resonance energy transfer. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;591:325-33 pubmed publisher..We thus achieve rapid acquisition of high-resolution BRET images and study the localization and dynamics of protein-protein interactions in individual live cells. ..
- Ksantini M, Sénéchal A, Bocquet B, Meunier I, Brabet P, Hamel C. Screening genes of the visual cycle RGR, RBP1 and RBP3 identifies rare sequence variations. Ophthalmic Genet. 2010;31:200-4 pubmed publisher..It is likely that mutations in RGR, RBP3, and possibly RBP1 occur rarely in inherited retinal dystrophies. ..
- Vache C, Besnard T, le Berre P, García García G, Baux D, Larrieu L, et al. Usher syndrome type 2 caused by activation of an USH2A pseudoexon: implications for diagnosis and therapy. Hum Mutat. 2012;33:104-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, this mutation, which would not have been found by whole-exome sequencing, could offer, for the first time in USH, the possibility of therapeutic correction by antisense oligonucleotides (AONs). ..
- Viart V, Varilh J, Lopez E, René C, Claustres M, Taulan Cadars M. Phosphorylated C/EBP? influences a complex network involving YY1 and USF2 in lung epithelial cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60211 pubmed publisher..This phosphorylation process has several implications in the CFTR transcriptional process, thus evoking an additional layer of complexity to the mechanisms influencing CFTR gene regulation. ..
- Jubier Maurin V, Rodrigue A, Ouahrani Bettache S, Layssac M, Mandrand Berthelot M, Kohler S, et al. Identification of the nik gene cluster of Brucella suis: regulation and contribution to urease activity. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:426-34 pubmed..We discuss a possible role of nickel transport in maintaining enzymatic activities which could be crucial for survival of the bacteria under the environmental conditions encountered within the host...
- Bidard F, Bony M, Blondin B, Dequin S, Barre P. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae FLO1 flocculation gene encodes for a cell surface protein. Yeast. 1995;11:809-22 pubmed..A deletion analysis of the 5' region of the FLO1 gene has shown that the expression is submitted to controls which depend on the genetic background of the strain. ..
- Douzery E, Catzeflis F. Molecular evolution of the mitochondrial 12S rRNA in Ungulata (mammalia). J Mol Evol. 1995;41:622-36 pubmed
- Gautier M, Aleman M, Guirao A, Marion D, Joudrier P. Triticum aestivum puroindolines, two basic cystine-rich seed proteins: cDNA sequence analysis and developmental gene expression. Plant Mol Biol. 1994;25:43-57 pubmed..The identity of puroindolines to wheat starch-granule associated proteins is discussed as well as the potential role of puroindolines in the plant defence mechanism. ..
- Ouvrard O, Cellier F, Ferrare K, Tousch D, Lamaze T, Dupuis J, et al. Identification and expression of water stress- and abscisic acid-regulated genes in a drought-tolerant sunflower genotype. Plant Mol Biol. 1996;31:819-29 pubmed
- Briant L, Signoret N, Gaubin M, Robert Hebmann V, Zhang X, Murali R, et al. Transduction of activation signal that follows HIV-1 binding to CD4 and CD4 dimerization involves the immunoglobulin CDR3-like region in domain 1 of CD4. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:19441-50 pubmed..The negative charges on the CDR3-like loop thus appear critical for CD4-mediated signal transduction most likely related to CD4 dimer formation. ..
- Maiorano D, Moreau J, Mechali M. XCDT1 is required for the assembly of pre-replicative complexes in Xenopus laevis. Nature. 2000;404:622-5 pubmed..These findings indicate that XCDT1 is an essential component of the system that regulates origins firing during S phase. ..
- Moulin L, Munive A, Dreyfus B, Boivin Masson C. Nodulation of legumes by members of the beta-subclass of Proteobacteria. Nature. 2001;411:948-50 pubmed publisher..Here we report the identification of proteobacteria from the beta-subclass that nodulate legumes. This finding shows that the ability to establish a symbiosis with legumes is more widespread in bacteria than anticipated to date...
- Montagnani C, Le Roux F, Berthe F, Escoubas J. Cg-TIMP, an inducible tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase from the Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas with a potential role in wound healing and defense mechanisms(1). FEBS Lett. 2001;500:64-70 pubmed..We also observed that Cg-TIMP mRNA accumulated during shell damage and bacterial challenge. This pattern of expression suggests that Cg-TIMP may be an important factor in wound healing and defense mechanisms...
- Freund A, Chauveau C, Brouillet J, Lucas A, Lacroix M, Licznar A, et al. IL-8 expression and its possible relationship with estrogen-receptor-negative status of breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2003;22:256-65 pubmed..We also support the idea that IL-8 expression is associated with a higher invasiveness potential of cancer cells in vitro, which suggests that IL-8 could be a novel marker of tumor aggressiveness. ..
- Lefranc M. IMGT databases, web resources and tools for immunoglobulin and T cell receptor sequence analysis, http://imgt.cines.fr. Leukemia. 2003;17:260-6 pubmed..IMGT is freely available at http://imgt.cines.fr. ..
- Girard C, Mouaikel J, Neel H, Bertrand E, Bordonné R. Nuclear localization properties of a conserved protuberance in the Sm core complex. Exp Cell Res. 2004;299:199-208 pubmed..Our results are consistent with a model in which the Sm core NLS is evolutionarily conserved and composed of a basic-rich protuberance formed by C-terminal domains of different Sm subtypes. ..
- Bresson D, Rebuffat S, Nguyen B, Banga J, Gardas A, Peraldi Roux S. New insights into the conformational dominant epitopes on thyroid peroxidase recognized by human autoantibodies. Endocrinology. 2005;146:2834-44 pubmed
- Perrin A, Cetre Sossah C, Mathieu B, Baldet T, Delecolle J, Albina E. Phylogenetic analysis of Culicoides species from France based on nuclear ITS1-rDNA sequences. Med Vet Entomol. 2006;20:219-28 pubmed..Construction of several trees showed that molecular phylogeny within the genus Culicoides correlates not only with morphological-based taxonomy but also with ecological patterns...
- Aghokeng A, Bailes E, Loul S, Courgnaud V, Mpoudi Ngolle E, Sharp P, et al. Full-length sequence analysis of SIVmus in wild populations of mustached monkeys (Cercopithecus cephus) from Cameroon provides evidence for two co-circulating SIVmus lineages. Virology. 2007;360:407-18 pubmed..These results indicate that cross-species transmission and recombination play a major role in the evolution of primate lentiviruses among sympatric primate species...
- Morris M, Gros E, Aldrian Herrada G, Choob M, Archdeacon J, Heitz F, et al. A non-covalent peptide-based carrier for in vivo delivery of DNA mimics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:e49 pubmed..Given the biological characteristics of these vectors, we believe that peptide-based delivery technologies hold a true promise for therapeutic applications of DNA mimics. ..
- d Alençon E, Sezutsu H, Legeai F, Permal E, Bernard Samain S, Gimenez S, et al. Extensive synteny conservation of holocentric chromosomes in Lepidoptera despite high rates of local genome rearrangements. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7680-5 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the value of the silkworm genome as a reference in lepidopteran comparative genomics. ..
- Ahuka Mundeke S, Liegeois F, Ayouba A, Foupouapouognini Y, Nerrienet E, Delaporte E, et al. Full-length genome sequence of a simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) infecting a captive agile mangabey (Cercocebus agilis) is closely related to SIVrcm infecting wild red-capped mangabeys (Cercocebus torquatus) in Cameroon. J Gen Virol. 2010;91:2959-64 pubmed publisher..However, our study shows that agile mangabeys are susceptible to SIV infection...
- Rogowski K, Van Dijk J, Magiera M, Bosc C, Deloulme J, Bosson A, et al. A family of protein-deglutamylating enzymes associated with neurodegeneration. Cell. 2010;143:564-78 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that controlling the length of the polyglutamate side chains on tubulin is critical for neuronal survival. ..
- Etienne L, Nerrienet E, LeBreton M, Bibila G, Foupouapouognigni Y, Rousset D, et al. Characterization of a new simian immunodeficiency virus strain in a naturally infected Pan troglodytes troglodytes chimpanzee with AIDS related symptoms. Retrovirology. 2011;8:4 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a case of naturally-acquired SIVcpz infection in a P.t.troglodytes chimpanzee with clinical and biological data and analysis of viral evolution over the course of infection...
- Abraham J, Calvayrac Pawlowski S, Cobo S, Salvetat N, Vicat G, Molina L, et al. Combined measurement of PEDF, haptoglobin and tau in cerebrospinal fluid improves the diagnostic discrimination between alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Biomarkers. 2011;16:161-71 pubmed publisher..002). This pilot study highlights the probable different contribution of oxidative mechanisms in dementia. ..
- Correa A, Escobar J, Noya O, Velasquez L, González Ramírez C, Hurtrez Boussès S, et al. Morphological and molecular characterization of Neotropic Lymnaeidae (Gastropoda: Lymnaeoidea), vectors of fasciolosis. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:1978-88 pubmed publisher..neotropica and G. viatrix might be conspecifics. We conclude that conchological and anatomical characters are uninformative to identify closely related species of Lymnaeidae and that DNA-based approaches should be preferred. ..
- Yang Y, Murciano B, Moubri K, Cibrelus P, Schetters T, Gorenflot A, et al. Structural and functional characterization of Bc28.1, major erythrocyte-binding protein from Babesia canis merozoite surface. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:9495-508 pubmed publisher..The resolution of the structure of Bc28 represents a milestone for the characterization of the parasite erythrocyte binding and its interaction with the host immune system. ..
- Tran V, Court F, Duputié A, Antoine E, Aptel N, Milligan L, et al. H19 antisense RNA can up-regulate Igf2 transcription by activation of a novel promoter in mouse myoblasts. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37923 pubmed publisher..Our work contributes, in conjunction with other recent findings, to open new horizons to our understanding of Igf2 gene regulation and functions of the 91H/H19 RNAs in normal and pathological conditions...
- Calenda A, Mestre Frances N, Czech C, Pradier L, Petter A, Bons N, et al. Molecular cloning, sequencing, and brain expression of the presenilin 1 gene in Microcebus murinus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;228:430-9 pubmed..The PS1 labelling appeared as thin granulations scattered throughout the cytoplasm of numerous neurons and sometimes in neurites. ..
- Ba S, Willems A, de Lajudie P, Roche P, Jeder H, Quatrini P, et al. Symbiotic and taxonomic diversity of rhizobia isolated from Acacia tortilis subsp. raddiana in Africa. Syst Appl Microbiol. 2002;25:130-45 pubmed publisher..The phylogenetic analysis of available NodA sequences, including new sequences from A. tortilis strains, confirmed the clustering of the NodA sequences of members of the Acacia-Prosopis-Leucaena nodulation group...
- Lutzmann M, Mechali M. How to load a replicative helicase onto chromatin: a more and more complex matter during evolution. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:1309-13 pubmed..MCM9 adds another layer of complexity to how vertebrates achieve and regulate the loading of the MCM2-7 helicase and DNA replication. ..
- Thépaut M, Maiorano D, Guichou J, Augé M, Dumas C, Mechali M, et al. Crystal structure of the coiled-coil dimerization motif of geminin: structural and functional insights on DNA replication regulation. J Mol Biol. 2004;342:275-87 pubmed..They also suggest that oligomerization properties of geminin may be implicated in its inhibitory activity of DNA synthesis. ..
- Chiche L, Heitz A, Gelly J, Gracy J, Chau P, Ha P, et al. Squash inhibitors: from structural motifs to macrocyclic knottins. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2004;5:341-349 pubmed..The solution structure of MCoTI-II will be compared with topologically similar cyclotides, homologous linear squash inhibitors and other knottins, and potential applications of such scaffolds will be discussed. ..
- Vidal N, Mulanga C, Bazepeo S, Mwamba J, Tshimpaka J, Kashi M, et al. Distribution of HIV-1 variants in the Democratic Republic of Congo suggests increase of subtype C in Kinshasa between 1997 and 2002. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005;40:456-62 pubmed..These changes could have implications regarding the spread of HIV infection in the DRC as well on vaccine and/or treatment strategies. ..
- Rogowski K, Juge F, Van Dijk J, Wloga D, Strub J, Levilliers N, et al. Evolutionary divergence of enzymatic mechanisms for posttranslational polyglycylation. Cell. 2009;137:1076-87 pubmed publisher..Together with the observation that multiple proteins are glycylated, our functional data point towards a general role of glycylation in protein functions...
- Virsolvy Vergine A, Salazar G, Sillard R, Denoroy L, Mutt V, Bataille D. Endosulfine, endogenous ligand for the sulphonylurea receptor: isolation from porcine brain and partial structural determination of the alpha form. Diabetologia. 1996;39:135-41 pubmed
- Teyssier C, Marchandin H, Siméon De Buochberg M, Ramuz M, Jumas Bilak E. Atypical 16S rRNA gene copies in Ochrobactrum intermedium strains reveal a large genomic rearrangement by recombination between rrn copies. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:2901-9 pubmed..The loss of insertion copies suggested a phenomenon of concerted evolution among heterogeneous rrn copies...
- Courgnaud V, Abela B, Pourrut X, Mpoudi Ngole E, Loul S, Delaporte E, et al. Identification of a new simian immunodeficiency virus lineage with a vpu gene present among different cercopithecus monkeys (C. mona, C. cephus, and C. nictitans) from Cameroon. J Virol. 2003;77:12523-34 pubmed
- Kajava A, Baxa U, Wickner R, Steven A. A model for Ure2p prion filaments and other amyloids: the parallel superpleated beta-structure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7885-90 pubmed..47 nm) and is readily adaptable to other amyloids, for instance the core of Sup35p filaments and glutamine expansions in huntingtin. ..
- Grandemange S, Soler S, Touitou I. Expression of the familial Mediterranean fever gene is regulated by nonsense-mediated decay. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:4746-55 pubmed publisher..Our results introduce the novel hypothesis that variation of NMD efficiency could play an important role in FMF physiopathology as a potent phenotypic modifier. ..
- Pringos E, Vignes M, Martinez J, Rolland V. Peptide neurotoxins that affect voltage-gated calcium channels: a close-up on ?-agatoxins. Toxins (Basel). 2011;3:17-42 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to overview the latest updates in the domain of peptide neurotoxins that affect voltage-gated calcium channels, with a special focus on ?-agatoxins. ..
- Cavailles V, Augereau P, Rochefort H. Cathepsin D gene is controlled by a mixed promoter, and estrogens stimulate only TATA-dependent transcription in breast cancer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:203-7 pubmed..We conclude that cath-D behaves, depending on the conditions, as a housekeeping gene with multiple start sites or as a hormone-regulated gene that can be controlled from its TATA box. ..
- Veyrunes F, Britton Davidian J, Robinson T, Calvet E, Denys C, Chevret P. Molecular phylogeny of the African pygmy mice, subgenus Nannomys (Rodentia, Murinae, Mus): implications for chromosomal evolution. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2005;36:358-69 pubmed..In addition to taxonomic and biogeographical clarifications, we provide a temporal framework within which patterns of genic and chromosomal evolution are discussed. ..
- Gendre D, Czernic P, Conejero G, Pianelli K, Briat J, Lebrun M, et al. TcYSL3, a member of the YSL gene family from the hyper-accumulator Thlaspi caerulescens, encodes a nicotianamine-Ni/Fe transporter. Plant J. 2007;49:1-15 pubmed..This work provides therefore molecular, histological and biochemical evidence supporting a role for YSL transporters in the overall scheme of NA and NA-metal, particularly NA-Ni, circulation in a metal hyper-accumulator plant...
- Yang Y, Padilla A, Zhang C, Labesse G, Kaminski P. Structural characterization of the mammalian deoxynucleotide N-hydrolase Rcl and its stabilizing interactions with two inhibitors. J Mol Biol. 2009;394:435-47 pubmed publisher..This study reveals an important ligand-induced stabilization of the dimer structure of the enzyme. The original structural features of Rcl will be helpful for designing new inhibitors. ..
- De Mita S, Chantret N, Loridon K, Ronfort J, Bataillon T. Molecular adaptation in flowering and symbiotic recognition pathways: insights from patterns of polymorphism in the legume Medicago truncatula. BMC Evol Biol. 2011;11:229 pubmed publisher..We quantify the intensity of purifying selection in the M. truncatula genome and show that putative footprints of natural selection can be detected at different time scales in both flowering and symbiotic pathways. ..
- Schneider F, de Almeida Lima S, Reis de Ãvila G, Castro K, Guerra Duarte C, Sanchez E, et al. Identification of protective B-cell epitopes of Atroxlysin-I: A metalloproteinase from Bothrops atrox snake venom. Vaccine. 2016;34:1680-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a rational basis for the identification of neutralizing epitopes on Atr-I snake venom toxin and show that the use of synthetic peptides could improve the generation of immuno-therapeutics. ..
- Lutfalla G, Holland S, Cinato E, Monneron D, Reboul J, Rogers N, et al. Mutant U5A cells are complemented by an interferon-alpha beta receptor subunit generated by alternative processing of a new member of a cytokine receptor gene cluster. EMBO J. 1995;14:5100-8 pubmed..The IFNAR2 gene maps at 0.5 kb from the CRFB4 gene, establishing that together IFNAR2, CRFB4, IFNAR1 and AF1 form a cluster of class II cytokine receptor genes on human chromosome 21. ..
- Gautier M, Lullien Pellerin V, de Lamotte Guéry F, Guirao A, Joudrier P. Characterization of wheat thioredoxin h cDNA and production of an active Triticum aestivum protein in Escherichia coli. Eur J Biochem. 1998;252:314-24 pubmed..The presence of a putative transmembrane domain at the N-terminal end of the two wheat thioredoxins raises the question of whether these proteins are membrane anchored. ..
- Cremazy F, Soullier S, Berta P, Jay P. Further complexity of the human SOX gene family revealed by the combined use of highly degenerate primers and nested PCR. FEBS Lett. 1998;438:311-4 pubmed..These primers facilitated the cloning of several new SOX HMG boxes from human genomic DNA, revealing unexpected complexity of the SOX gene family. ..
- Bigarr L, Salah M, Granier M, Frutos R, Thouvenel J, Peterschmitt M. Nucleotide sequence evidence for three distinct sugarcane streak mastreviruses. Arch Virol. 1999;144:2331-44 pubmed..The diversity of the SSVs is discussed in relation to its host, sugarcane, an imported crop in Africa...
- Thépaut M, Strub M, Cave A, Baneres J, Berchtold M, Dumas C, et al. Structure of rat parvalbumin with deleted AB domain: implications for the evolution of EF hand calcium-binding proteins and possible physiological relevance. Proteins. 2001;45:117-28 pubmed..The AB domain of PV protects the hydrophobic core, and is required to maintain high affinity for divalent cation binding. Therefore, the AB domain possibly modulates PV buffer function. ..
- Faure M, David P, Bonhomme F, Bierne N. Genetic hitchhiking in a subdivided population of Mytilus edulis. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:164 pubmed publisher..NOTE: Nucleotide sequences reported in this paper are available in the GenBanktrade mark database under the accession numbers EU684165 - EU684228. ..
- Jay P, Diriong S, Taviaux S, Roeckel N, Mattei M, Audit M, et al. Isolation and regional mapping of cDNAs expressed during early human development. Genomics. 1997;39:104-8 pubmed..Several cDNAs colocalized with critical regions of the genome regarding mapped disorders, thus providing candidate genes for human genetic diseases. ..
- Gondeau C, Gerbal Chaloin S, Bello P, Aldrian Herrada G, Morris M, Divita G. Design of a novel class of peptide inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinase/cyclin activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13793-800 pubmed..Moreover, when coupled with the protein transduction domain of Tat, the C4 peptide blocks the proliferation of tumor cell lines, thereby constituting a potent lead for the development of specific CDK-cyclin inhibitors. ..
- Carrier G, Le Cunff L, Dereeper A, Legrand D, Sabot F, Bouchez O, et al. Transposable elements are a major cause of somatic polymorphism in Vitis vinifera L. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32973 pubmed publisher..Among these, the dynamic of four mobile elements with a high polymorphism level were analyzed and insertion polymorphism was confirmed in all the Pinot clones registered in France. ..
- Strausfeld U, Labbe J, Fesquet D, Cavadore J, Picard A, Sadhu K, et al. Dephosphorylation and activation of a p34cdc2/cyclin B complex in vitro by human CDC25 protein. Nature. 1991;351:242-5 pubmed..We propose that the cdc25+ gene product directly activates the p34cdc2-cyclin B complex. ..
- le Maire A, Teyssier C, Erb C, Grimaldi M, Alvarez S, de Lera A, et al. A unique secondary-structure switch controls constitutive gene repression by retinoic acid receptor. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2010;17:801-7 pubmed publisher..Finally, we report on the molecular mechanism by which inverse agonists strengthen corepressor interaction and enhance gene silencing by RAR. ..
- Julie L, Sabrina B, Marie Pierre L, Leibovitch S. Identification of essential sequences for cellular localization in the muscle-specific ubiquitin E3 ligase MAFbx/Atrogin 1. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:362-7 pubmed publisher..Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of MAFbx represents a novel mechanism for targeting its substrates and its cytosolic partners in muscle atrophy. ..