Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on larva in Montpellier, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Locale: Montpellier, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
- Lardeux F, Cheffort J. Age-grading and growth of Wuchereria bancrofti (Filariidea: Onchocercidae) larvae by growth measurements and its use for estimating blood-meal intervals of its Polynesian vector Aedes polynesiensis (Diptera: Culicidae). Int J Parasitol. 2002;32:705-16 pubmed..This mosquito species comes to bite approximately 3, 6-7 and 9 days after a first infectious blood-meal. Then the length of the gonotrophic cycle may be of 3-4 days. ..
- Sarrazin A, Nuñez V, Sapede D, Tassin V, Dambly Chaudiere C, Ghysen A. Origin and early development of the posterior lateral line system of zebrafish. J Neurosci. 2010;30:8234-44 pubmed publisher..The delayed formation of secondary afferent neurons accounts for the capability of the fish to form a new PLL ganglion after ablation of the embryonic ganglion at 24 hpf...
- Cesco H, Lambert A, Crivelli A. [Pseudorascora parva (Teleostei, Cyprinidae), an invasive species, a new vector for the maintenance and dissemination of anguillicolosis in France?]]. Parasite. 2001;8:75-6 pubmed..203 specimens of that fish species have been examined for L3-larvae of Anguillicola crassus. 35% of the fish were found to be infected. ..
- Boulanger A, Farge M, Ramanoudjame C, Wharton K, Dura J. Drosophila motor neuron retraction during metamorphosis is mediated by inputs from TGF-?/BMP signaling and orphan nuclear receptors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40255 pubmed publisher..This mechanism insures the temporality of the two processes and prevents motor neuron pruning before postsynaptic degradation. ..
- Corbel V, Raymond M, Chandre F, Darriet F, Hougard J. Efficacy of insecticide mixtures against larvae of Culex quinquefasciatus (Say) (Diptera: Culicidae) resistant to pyrethroids and carbamates. Pest Manag Sci. 2004;60:375-80 pubmed..3.3.7) and choline acetyltransferase (EC 22.214.171.124)]...
- Montagnani C, Tirape A, Boulo V, Escoubas J. The two Cg-timp mRNAs expressed in oyster hemocytes are generated by two gene families and differentially expressed during ontogenesis. Dev Comp Immunol. 2005;29:831-9 pubmed..1 transcripts were undetectable up to 22 days post-fertilization. The difference in expression pattern of the two Cg-timp genes may reveal distinct implications of these genes in the embryos and larvae developments. ..
- Aggad D, Stein C, Sieger D, Mazel M, Boudinot P, Herbomel P, et al. In vivo analysis of Ifn-?1 and Ifn-?2 signaling in zebrafish. J Immunol. 2010;185:6774-82 pubmed publisher..These results shed new light on the evolution of the Ifn-? signaling in fish and tetrapods and contribute toward an integrated view of the innate immune regulation in vertebrates...
- Gimonneau G, Pombi M, Choisy M, Morand S, Dabiré R, Simard F. Larval habitat segregation between the molecular forms of the mosquito Anopheles gambiae in a rice field area of Burkina Faso, West Africa. Med Vet Entomol. 2012;26:9-17 pubmed publisher..Segregation appears to be clearly linked to anthropogenic permanent habitats and the community structure they support. ..
- Marcombe S, Mathieu R, Pocquet N, Riaz M, Poupardin R, SÃ©lior S, et al. Insecticide resistance in the dengue vector Aedes aegypti from Martinique: distribution, mechanisms and relations with environmental factors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30989 pubmed publisher..Insecticide resistance is widespread but not homogeneously distributed across Martinique. The influence of environmental and operational factors on the evolution of the resistance and mechanisms are discussed. ..
- Negre N, Ghysen A, Martinez A. Mitotic G2-arrest is required for neural cell fate determination in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2003;120:253-65 pubmed..This down-regulation results from an over-activation of the Enhancer of Split genes, known as effectors of the Notch signalling pathway. We conclude that exit from the cell cycle is required for proper neural cell fate determination. ..
- Téné Fossog B, Antonio Nkondjio C, Kengne P, Njiokou F, Besansky N, Costantini C. Physiological correlates of ecological divergence along an urbanization gradient: differential tolerance to ammonia among molecular forms of the malaria mosquito Anopheles gambiae. BMC Ecol. 2013;13:1 pubmed publisher..This trait may be part of the physiological machinery allowing forest populations of the M form to colonize polluted larval habitats, which is at the heart of its niche expansion in densely populated human settlements in Cameroon. ..
- Arribat Y, Bonneaud N, Talmat Amar Y, Layalle S, Parmentier M, Maschat F. A huntingtin peptide inhibits polyQ-huntingtin associated defects. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68775 pubmed publisher..Although this mutation behaves dominantly, huntingtin loss of function also contributes to HD pathogenesis. Indeed, wild-type Huntingtin plays a protective role with respect to polyQ-hHtt induced defects...
- Wang Y, Gosselin Grenet A, Castelli I, Cermenati G, Ravallec M, Fiandra L, et al. Densovirus crosses the insect midgut by transcytosis and disturbs the epithelial barrier function. J Virol. 2013;87:12380-91 pubmed publisher..As a consequence, viral entry disturbs the midgut function. Finally, we showed that four mutations on the capsid of JcDNV affect specific recognition by the epithelial cells but not their binding. ..
- Sicard M, Brugirard Ricaud K, Pages S, Lanois A, Boemare N, Brehelin M, et al. Stages of infection during the tripartite interaction between Xenorhabdus nematophila, its nematode vector, and insect hosts. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2004;70:6473-80 pubmed..This work shows that the extracellular matrix acts as a particular colonization site for X. nematophila within insects...
- Juge F, Audibert A, Benoit B, Simonelig M. Tissue-specific autoregulation of Drosophila suppressor of forked by alternative poly(A) site utilization leads to accumulation of the suppressor of forked protein in mitotically active cells. RNA. 2000;6:1529-38 pubmed..These data provide an in vivo example of cell-type-specific regulation of a protein level by poly(A) site choice, and confirm the role of Su(f) in regulation of poly(A) site utilization. ..
- Devaud J, Clouet Redt C, Bockaert J, Grau Y, Parmentier M. Widespread brain distribution of the Drosophila metabotropic glutamate receptor. Neuroreport. 2008;19:367-71 pubmed publisher..Using a specific antibody, we report DmGluRA expression in most neuropile areas in both larvae and adults, but not in the lobes of the mushroom bodies. These observations suggest a key role for glutamate in the insect brain. ..
- Gimonneau G, Pombi M, Dabire R, Diabate A, Morand S, Simard F. Behavioural responses of Anopheles gambiae sensu stricto M and S molecular form larvae to an aquatic predator in Burkina Faso. Parasit Vectors. 2012;5:65 pubmed publisher..Future studies should explore the relevance of these findings under the wide range of natural settings where both forms co-exist in Africa. ..