Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on dna binding proteins in Toulouse, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Locale: Toulouse, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Topic: dna binding proteins
- Mattera L, Courilleau C, Legube G, Ueda T, Fukunaga R, Chevillard Briet M, et al. The E1A-associated p400 protein modulates cell fate decisions by the regulation of ROS homeostasis. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000983 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results uncover an unexpected link between p400 and ROS metabolism and allow deciphering the molecular mechanisms largely responsible for cell proliferation control by p400. ..
- Dubois L, Bally Cuif L, Crozatier M, Moreau J, Paquereau L, Vincent A. XCoe2, a transcription factor of the Col/Olf-1/EBF family involved in the specification of primary neurons in Xenopus. Curr Biol. 1998;8:199-209 pubmed
- Cayrol C, Lacroix C, Mathe C, Ecochard V, Ceribelli M, Loreau E, et al. The THAP-zinc finger protein THAP1 regulates endothelial cell proliferation through modulation of pRB/E2F cell-cycle target genes. Blood. 2007;109:584-94 pubmed..Together, these data provide the first links in mammals among THAP proteins, cell proliferation, and pRB/E2F cell-cycle pathways. ..
- Vezzosi D, Bouisson M, Escourrou G, Laurell H, Selves J, Seguin P, et al. Clinical utility of telomerase for the diagnosis of malignant well-differentiated endocrine tumours. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2006;64:63-7 pubmed..The aim of the present study was to determine whether detection of telomerase or quantification of human telomerase reverse transcriptase protein subunit (hTERT) differ between benign and malignant endocrine tumours...
- Wu P, Frit P, Meesala S, Dauvillier S, Modesti M, Andres S, et al. Structural and functional interaction between the human DNA repair proteins DNA ligase IV and XRCC4. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3163-72 pubmed publisher..Together our findings provide unanticipated insight for understanding the physical and functional architecture of the nonhomologous end-joining ligation complex. ..
- Duffaut C, Galitzky J, Lafontan M, Bouloumie A. Unexpected trafficking of immune cells within the adipose tissue during the onset of obesity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;384:482-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover it appears that early AT lymphocyte infiltration could be considered a protective process to temper adipose tissue inflammation. ..
- Bigot S, Saleh O, Cornet F, Allemand J, Barre F. Oriented loading of FtsK on KOPS. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2006;13:1026-8 pubmed..DNA transport by FtsK is oriented by 8-base-pair asymmetric sequences ('KOPS'). Here we provide evidence that KOPS promote FtsK loading on DNA and that translocation is oriented at this step. ..
- Beyne Rauzy O, Prade Houdellier N, Demur C, Recher C, Ayel J, Laurent G, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits hTERT gene expression in human myeloid normal and leukemic cells. Blood. 2005;106:3200-5 pubmed..Negative regulation of the hTERT gene may represent one mechanism by which TNFxalpha interferes with normal hemopoiesis. ..
- Ferjoux G, Augé B, Boyer K, Haenlin M, Waltzer L. A GATA/RUNX cis-regulatory module couples Drosophila blood cell commitment and differentiation into crystal cells. Dev Biol. 2007;305:726-34 pubmed..Based on our observations, we propose that this GATA/RUNX cis-regulatory module may be reiteratively used during hematopoietic development through evolution. ..
- Waltzer L, Ferjoux G, Bataillé L, Haenlin M. Cooperation between the GATA and RUNX factors Serpent and Lozenge during Drosophila hematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2003;22:6516-25 pubmed..We propose that interaction and cooperation between GATA and RUNX factors may play an important role in regulating blood cell formation from Drosophila to mammals. ..
- Delon I, Chanut Delalande H, Payre F. The Ovo/Shavenbaby transcription factor specifies actin remodelling during epidermal differentiation in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2003;120:747-58 pubmed..We establish that Svb triggers early F-actin redistribution and is able to initiate the entire process of cytoskeletal remodelling, thereby defining it as a major regulator of epidermal differentiation. ..
- Britton S, Frit P, Biard D, Salles B, Calsou P. ARTEMIS nuclease facilitates apoptotic chromatin cleavage. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8120-6 pubmed publisher..These results show a facilitating role for ARTEMIS at least in early, site-specific chromosome breakage during apoptosis. ..
- Payre F, Yanicostas C, Vincent A. Serendipity delta, a Drosophila zinc finger protein present in embryonic nuclei at the onset of zygotic gene transcription. Dev Biol. 1989;136:469-80 pubmed..These data are consistent with the sry delta protein being a transcription factor, with a role in zygotic activation of general cellular functions. ..
- Betermier M, Lefrère V, Koch C, Alazard R, Chandler M. The Escherichia coli protein, Fis: specific binding to the ends of phage Mu DNA and modulation of phage growth. Mol Microbiol. 1989;3:459-68 pubmed..Thus, Fis may modulate Mu growth by influencing the binding of transposase, or other proteins, to the transposase binding site(s), in a way similar to its influence on Xis binding in phage lambda. ..
- Vernet C, Boretto J, Mattei M, Takahashi M, Jack L, Mather I, et al. Evolutionary study of multigenic families mapping close to the human MHC class I region. J Mol Evol. 1993;37:600-12 pubmed..Finally, regulatory protein T-lymphocyte 1 (Rpt-1) shares similarities with the N-terminal halves of RFP, 52-kD SS-A/Ro, and XNF7, but not with the B30-2-like domain. We show that the ancestral Rpt-1 gene evolved by overprinting. ..
- Payre F, Vincent A, Carreno S. ovo/svb integrates Wingless and DER pathways to control epidermis differentiation. Nature. 1999;400:271-5 pubmed..Our data indicate that transcriptional regulation of svb integrates inputs from the Wingless and DER pathways and controls epidermal differentiation. ..
- Francez Charlot A, Laugel B, Van Gemert A, Dubarry N, Wiorowski F, Castanie Cornet M, et al. RcsCDB His-Asp phosphorelay system negatively regulates the flhDC operon in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2003;49:823-32 pubmed..The binding of RcsB and RcsA to this site was demonstrated by gel retardation and DNase I protection assays. In addition, mutation analysis suggests that RcsA-specific determinants lie in the right part of the 'RcsAB box'. ..
- Coste A, Lagane C, Filipe C, Authier H, Gales A, Bernad J, et al. IL-13 attenuates gastrointestinal candidiasis in normal and immunodeficient RAG-2(-/-) mice via peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma activation. J Immunol. 2008;180:4939-47 pubmed..albicans infection of the GI tract through PPARgamma activation and hence suggest that PPARgamma ligands may be of therapeutic value in esophageal and GI candidiasis in immunocompromised patients. ..
- Rouquette C, Serre M, Lane D. Protective role for H-NS protein in IS1 transposition. J Bacteriol. 2004;186:2091-8 pubmed
- Mattera L, Escaffit F, Pillaire M, Selves J, Tyteca S, Hoffmann J, et al. The p400/Tip60 ratio is critical for colorectal cancer cell proliferation through DNA damage response pathways. Oncogene. 2009;28:1506-17 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that the p400/Tip60 ratio is critical for colon cancer cells proliferation and response to therapeutic drugs through the control of stress-response pathways. ..
- Bouvier J, Gordia S, Kampmann G, Lange R, Hengge Aronis R, Gutierrez C. Interplay between global regulators of Escherichia coli: effect of RpoS, Lrp and H-NS on transcription of the gene osmC. Mol Microbiol. 1998;28:971-80 pubmed..No binding of H-NS to the promoter region DNA could be detected, indicating that the effect on osmCp1 could also be indirect. ..
- Waltzer L, Bataillé L, Peyrefitte S, Haenlin M. Two isoforms of Serpent containing either one or two GATA zinc fingers have different roles in Drosophila haematopoiesis. EMBO J. 2002;21:5477-86 pubmed..Our results suggest that the inclusion or exclusion of the N-finger in the naturally occurring isoforms of Srp can provide an effective means of extending the versatility of srp function during development. ..
- Noselli S, Payre F, Vincent A. Zinc fingers and other domains cooperate in binding of Drosophila sry beta and delta proteins at specific chromosomal sites. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:724-33 pubmed
- Audebert M, Salles B, Weinfeld M, Calsou P. Involvement of polynucleotide kinase in a poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1-dependent DNA double-strand breaks rejoining pathway. J Mol Biol. 2006;356:257-65 pubmed..Taken together these results reveal functional parallels between the PARP-1 and DNA-PK-dependent end-joining processes. ..
- Drouet J, Delteil C, Lefrançois J, Concannon P, Salles B, Calsou P. DNA-dependent protein kinase and XRCC4-DNA ligase IV mobilization in the cell in response to DNA double strand breaks. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7060-9 pubmed..Altogether these results offer insights into the interplay between key NHEJ proteins during this repair process in the cell. ..
- Dufourcq P, Rastegar S, Strahle U, Blader P. Parapineal specific expression of gfi1 in the zebrafish epithalamus. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;4:53-7 pubmed..Finally, gfi1 is expressed in the developing epithalamus in the dorsal diencephalon where its transcription is restricted to the parapineal. ..
- Davalos Garcia M, Conter A, Toesca I, Gutierrez C, Cam K. Regulation of osmC gene expression by the two-component system rcsB-rcsC in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:5870-6 pubmed..Deletion analysis located the site necessary for RcsB activation just upstream of osmCp(1). In vitro transcription experiments and gel mobility shift assays demonstrated that RcsB stimulates RNA polymerase binding at osmCp(1). ..
- Pillaire M, Selves J, Gordien K, Gourraud P, Gouraud P, Gentil C, et al. A 'DNA replication' signature of progression and negative outcome in colorectal cancer. Oncogene. 2010;29:876-87 pubmed publisher..Such a signature could help in understanding the molecular mechanisms underlying tumor progression in colorectal cancer patients. ..
- Tyteca S, Vandromme M, Legube G, Chevillard Briet M, Trouche D. Tip60 and p400 are both required for UV-induced apoptosis but play antagonistic roles in cell cycle progression. EMBO J. 2006;25:1680-9 pubmed..Therefore, taken together, our results indicate that Tip60 and p400 play distinct roles in DNA damage-induced apoptosis and underline the importance of the Tip60 complex and its regulation in the proper control of cell fate. ..
- Crozatier M, Valle D, Dubois L, Ibnsouda S, Vincent A. Collier, a novel regulator of Drosophila head development, is expressed in a single mitotic domain. Curr Biol. 1996;6:707-18 pubmed..The structural conservation of Col during evolution raises the questions of its conservation of function in head specification and its interactions with other factors conserved between insects and vertebrates. ..
- Clouaire T, Roussigne M, Ecochard V, Mathe C, Amalric F, Girard J. The THAP domain of THAP1 is a large C2CH module with zinc-dependent sequence-specific DNA-binding activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6907-12 pubmed
- Gutierrez C, Gordia S, Bonnassie S. Characterization of the osmotically inducible gene osmE of Escherichia coli K-12. Mol Microbiol. 1995;16:553-63 pubmed..The osmE promoter overlaps a promoter for a gene transcribed in the opposite direction, efg. Transcription from the efg promoter is only weakly affected by osmotic pressure and is independent of the presence of an intact OsmE protein. ..
- Nicolas E, Roumillac C, Trouche D. Balance between acetylation and methylation of histone H3 lysine 9 on the E2F-responsive dihydrofolate reductase promoter. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:1614-22 pubmed
- Familiades J, Bousquet M, Lafage Pochitaloff M, Bene M, Beldjord K, De Vos J, et al. PAX5 mutations occur frequently in adult B-cell progenitor acute lymphoblastic leukemia and PAX5 haploinsufficiency is associated with BCR-ABL1 and TCF3-PBX1 fusion genes: a GRAALL study. Leukemia. 2009;23:1989-98 pubmed publisher..PAX5 complete loss and PAX5 point mutations differ. PAX5 complete loss seems to be a secondary event and is significantly associated with BCR-ABL1 or TCF3-PBX1 fusion genes and a lower white blood cell count. ..
- Osman D, Gobert V, Ponthan F, Heidenreich O, Haenlin M, Waltzer L. A Drosophila model identifies calpains as modulators of the human leukemogenic fusion protein AML1-ETO. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12043-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore Drosophila provides a promising genetically tractable model to investigate the conserved basis of leukemogenesis and to open avenues in AML therapy. ..
- Meulle A, Salles B, Daviaud D, Valet P, Muller C. Positive regulation of DNA double strand break repair activity during differentiation of long life span cells: the example of adipogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3345 pubmed publisher..In opposition to the general view that DNA DSBs repair is decreased during differentiation, our results demonstrate that an up-regulation of this process might be observed in post-mitotic long-lived cells. ..
- Payre F, Vincent A. Genomic targets of the serendipity beta and delta zinc finger proteins and their respective DNA recognition sites. EMBO J. 1991;10:2533-41 pubmed..Two out of the five characterized in detail map at cytological positions coincident with binding sites of the native sry beta protein on polytene chromosomes. ..
- Wu P, Frit P, Malivert L, Revy P, Biard D, Salles B, et al. Interplay between Cernunnos-XLF and nonhomologous end-joining proteins at DNA ends in the cell. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31937-43 pubmed..Conversely, a Cernunnos-XLF defect has no apparent impact on the XRCC4/ligase IV association and recruitment to the DSBs or on the stimulation of the DNA-dependent protein kinase on DNA ends. ..
- Drouet J, Frit P, Delteil C, de Villartay J, Salles B, Calsou P. Interplay between Ku, Artemis, and the DNA-dependent protein kinase catalytic subunit at DNA ends. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:27784-93 pubmed..This tight functional coupling between the activation of both DNA-PKcs and Artemis may avoid improper processing of DNA. ..
- Hernandez Pigeon H, Laurent G, Humbert O, Salles B, Lautier D. Degadration of mismatch repair hMutSalpha heterodimer by the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. FEBS Lett. 2004;562:40-4 pubmed..Our data suggest that in human cell lines, ubiquitin-proteasome could play an important role in the regulation of hMutSalpha protein expression, thereby regulating mismatch repair activity. ..
- Maret A, Coudert J, Garidou L, Foucras G, Gourdy P, Krust A, et al. Estradiol enhances primary antigen-specific CD4 T cell responses and Th1 development in vivo. Essential role of estrogen receptor alpha expression in hematopoietic cells. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:512-21 pubmed..These results demonstrate that estrogen administration promotes strong antigen-specific Th1 cell responses in a mechanism that requires functional expression of ERalpha in hematopoietic cells. ..
- Roussigne M, Kossida S, Lavigne A, Clouaire T, Ecochard V, Glories A, et al. The THAP domain: a novel protein motif with similarity to the DNA-binding domain of P element transposase. Trends Biochem Sci. 2003;28:66-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that the THAP domain is a novel example of a DBD that is shared between cellular proteins and transposases from mobile genomic parasites. ..
- Smih F, Rouet P, Lucas S, Mairal A, Sengenes C, Lafontan M, et al. Transcriptional regulation of adipocyte hormone-sensitive lipase by glucose. Diabetes. 2002;51:293-300 pubmed..Analogs and metabolites were used to determine the signal metabolite of the glucose response. The signal is generated downstream of glucose-6-phosphate in the glycolytic pathway before the triose phosphate step. ..
- Cabos Siguier B, Steunou A, Joseph G, Alazard R, Ducoux Petit M, Nieto L, et al. Expression and purification of human full-length N Oct-3, a transcription factor involved in melanoma growth. Protein Expr Purif. 2009;64:39-46 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the transactivation domain of N Oct-3 was not involved in N Oct-3 DNA interaction. ..
- Lemee F, Bavoux C, Pillaire M, Bieth A, Machado C, Pena S, et al. Characterization of promoter regulatory elements involved in downexpression of the DNA polymerase kappa in colorectal cancer. Oncogene. 2007;26:3387-94 pubmed..This work shows that the promoter of POLK is cis-controlled and suggests that silencing of CREB and SP1 proteins could contribute to downregulation of this repair polymerase in colorectal tumours. ..
- Bataillé L, Augé B, Ferjoux G, Haenlin M, Waltzer L. Resolving embryonic blood cell fate choice in Drosophila: interplay of GCM and RUNX factors. Development. 2005;132:4635-44 pubmed..These results provide new insight into the mechanisms controlling Drosophila hematopoiesis and establish the basis for an original model for the resolution of the choice of blood cell fate. ..
- Roussigne M, Cayrol C, Clouaire T, Amalric F, Girard J. THAP1 is a nuclear proapoptotic factor that links prostate-apoptosis-response-4 (Par-4) to PML nuclear bodies. Oncogene. 2003;22:2432-42 pubmed..Together, our results provide an unexpected link between a nuclear factor of the THAP family, the proapoptotic protein Par-4 and PML nuclear bodies. ..
- Britton S, Froment C, Frit P, Monsarrat B, Salles B, Calsou P. Cell nonhomologous end joining capacity controls SAF-A phosphorylation by DNA-PK in response to DNA double-strand breaks inducers. Cell Cycle. 2009;8:3717-22 pubmed..Addtionaly, the mapped phospho-site on SAF-A might serve as a potential bio-marker for DNA-PK activity in academic studies and clinical analyses of DNA-PK activators or inhibitors. ..
- Vandel L, Nicolas E, Vaute O, Ferreira R, Ait Si Ali S, Trouche D. Transcriptional repression by the retinoblastoma protein through the recruitment of a histone methyltransferase. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6484-94 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicate that Suv39H1 is involved in transcriptional repression by Rb and suggest an unexpected link between E2F regulation and heterochromatin. ..
- Boube M, Seroude L, Cribbs D. Homeotic proboscipedia cell identity functions respond to cell signaling pathways along the proximo-distal axis. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:431-6 pubmed..This response for pb implicates at least two signal transduction pathways, those involving Ras1 and Notch. ..