Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Montpellier, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Locale: Montpellier, Languedoc Roussillon Midi Pyrénées, France
Publications309 found, 100 shown here
- Davey J, Chouteau M, Barker S, Maroja L, Baxter S, Simpson F, et al. Major Improvements to the Heliconius melpomene Genome Assembly Used to Confirm 10 Chromosome Fusion Events in 6 Million Years of Butterfly Evolution. G3 (Bethesda). 2016;6:695-708 pubmed publisher..We use the new genome assembly to confirm that the Heliconius genome underwent 10 chromosome fusions since the split with its sister genus Eueides, over a period of about 6 million yr. ..
- Yajid F, Mercier J, Mercier B, Dubouchaud H, Prefaut C. Effects of 4 wk of hindlimb suspension on skeletal muscle mitochondrial respiration in rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 1998;84:479-85 pubmed..The muscle mitochondria most affected are those isolated from the Gas muscle...
- Dereure J, Pratlong F, Reynes J, Basset D, Bastien P, Dedet J. Haemoculture as a tool for diagnosing visceral leishmaniasis in HIV-negative and HIV-positive patients: interest for parasite identification. Bull World Health Organ. 1998;76:203-6 pubmed..These findings indicate that the minimally invasive hemoculture technique is an effective means of VL diagnosis in both HIV-infected and HIV-negative patients. ..
- Thomas F, Poulin R, Guegan J, Michalakis Y, Renaud F. Are there pros as well as cons to being parasitized?. Parasitol Today. 2000;16:533-6 pubmed..Here, Frédéric Thomas and colleagues review several ecological situations in which parasitized individuals enjoy a selective advantage over unparasitized conspecifics. ..
- Romieu P, Lucas M, Maurice T. Sigma1 receptor ligands and related neuroactive steroids interfere with the cocaine-induced state of memory. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31:1431-43 pubmed
- Poulet N, Balaresque P, Aho T, Björklund M. Genetic structure and dynamics of a small introduced population: the pikeperch, Sander lucioperca, in the Rhône delta. Genetica. 2009;135:77-86 pubmed publisher..This genetic diversity probably stem from both its popularity as game fish and food resource which led to numerous stocking and an increasing propagule pressure and the reproductive strategy of the species. ..
- Lutzmann M, Mechali M. MCM9 binds Cdt1 and is required for the assembly of prereplication complexes. Mol Cell. 2008;31:190-200 pubmed publisher..Thus, Cdt1, with its two opposing regulatory binding factors MCM9 and geminin, appears to be a major platform on the pre-RC to integrate cell-cycle signals. ..
- Buard J, Barthès P, Grey C, de Massy B. Distinct histone modifications define initiation and repair of meiotic recombination in the mouse. EMBO J. 2009;28:2616-24 pubmed publisher..Altogether, the chromatin signatures of the Psmb9 and Hlx1 hotspots provide a basis for understanding the distribution of meiotic recombination. ..
- Gouty Colomer L, Méry P, Storme E, Gavois E, Robinson I, Guerineau N, et al. Specific involvement of gonadal hormones in the functional maturation of growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) neurons. Endocrinology. 2010;151:5762-74 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of the interaction between the somatotrope and gonadotrope axes during the establishment of adapted neuroendocrine functions. ..
- Ait Mou Y, Toth A, Cassan C, Czuriga D, de Tombe P, Papp Z, et al. Beneficial effects of SR33805 in failing myocardium. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:412-9 pubmed publisher..Our results gave a proof of concept that manipulation of the Ca(2+) sensitivity of sarcomeric regulatory proteins can be used to improve contractility of a failing heart. ..
- Derocq D, Prebois C, Beaujouin M, Laurent Matha V, Pattingre S, Smith G, et al. Cathepsin D is partly endocytosed by the LRP1 receptor and inhibits LRP1-regulated intramembrane proteolysis. Oncogene. 2012;31:3202-12 pubmed publisher..As cath-D triggers fibroblast outgrowth by LRP1, we propose that cath-D modulates the growth of fibroblasts by inhibiting LRP1 RIP in the breast tumor microenvironment. ..
- Hanna N, Ouahrani Bettache S, DRAKE K, Adams L, Kohler S, Occhialini A. Global Rsh-dependent transcription profile of Brucella suis during stringent response unravels adaptation to nutrient starvation and cross-talk with other stress responses. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:459 pubmed publisher..Most interestingly, it clearly indicated (p)ppGpp-dependent cross-talk between at least three stress responses playing a central role in Brucella adaptation to the host: nutrient, oxidative, and low-oxygen stress. ..
- Bourrie B, Bribes E, De Nys N, Esclangon M, Garcia L, Galiegue S, et al. SSR125329A, a high affinity sigma receptor ligand with potent anti-inflammatory properties. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;456:123-31 pubmed..The results of this study provide substantial evidence that sigma receptor ligands may represent a new effective approach for rheumatoid arthritis treatment. ..
- Andre L, Boissiere J, Reboul C, Perrier R, Zalvidea S, Meyer G, et al. Carbon monoxide pollution promotes cardiac remodeling and ventricular arrhythmia in healthy rats. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2010;181:587-95 pubmed publisher..The less severe phenotype in vivo suggests a role for compensatory mechanisms. Arrhythmia propensity may derive from intracellular Ca(2+) overload. ..
- Bonhomme F, Orth A, Cucchi T, Rajabi Maham H, Catalan J, Boursot P, et al. Genetic differentiation of the house mouse around the Mediterranean basin: matrilineal footprints of early and late colonization. Proc Biol Sci. 2011;278:1034-43 pubmed publisher..The dispersal of mice along with humans, which continues until today, has for instance left complex footprints on the long ago colonized Cyprus or more simple ones on the much more recently populated Canary Islands. ..
- Marger F, Gelot A, Alloui A, Matricon J, Ferrer J, Barrere C, et al. T-type calcium channels contribute to colonic hypersensitivity in a rat model of irritable bowel syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:11268-73 pubmed publisher..2 as a promising target for the development of efficient analgesics for the visceral discomfort and pain associated with IBS. ..
- Campagna S, Mardon J, Celerier A, Bonadonna F. Potential semiochemical molecules from birds: a practical and comprehensive compilation of the last 20 years studies. Chem Senses. 2012;37:3-25 pubmed publisher..We also draw up a list of various combinations of sampling and analytical techniques, so that each method can be compared at a glance...
- Cremazy F, Berta P, Girard F. Sox neuro, a new Drosophila Sox gene expressed in the developing central nervous system. Mech Dev. 2000;93:215-9 pubmed..We present strong evidence that the early SoxN neuroectoderm expression is controlled by the zygotic dorso-ventral patterning genes (dpp, sog, brk, twi). ..
- Juge F, Audibert A, Benoit B, Simonelig M. Tissue-specific autoregulation of Drosophila suppressor of forked by alternative poly(A) site utilization leads to accumulation of the suppressor of forked protein in mitotically active cells. RNA. 2000;6:1529-38 pubmed..These data provide an in vivo example of cell-type-specific regulation of a protein level by poly(A) site choice, and confirm the role of Su(f) in regulation of poly(A) site utilization. ..
- Py G, Lambert K, Perez Martin A, Raynaud E, Prefaut C, Mercier J. Impaired sarcolemmal vesicle lactate uptake and skeletal muscle MCT1 and MCT4 expression in obese Zucker rats. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;281:E1308-15 pubmed..We conclude that obesity leads to changes in muscular MCT1 and MCT4 expression, which, when associated with LDH isozyme redistribution, may contribute to the hyperlactatemia noted in insulin resistance...
- Desquesnes M, Dia M. Mechanical transmission of Trypanosoma vivax in cattle by the African tabanid Atylotus fuscipes. Vet Parasitol. 2004;119:9-19 pubmed..These results, in addition to previous demonstration of mechanical transmission of T. vivax by Atylotus agrestis, confirm that mechanical transmission can be a significant route of infection...
- Salinas S, Briançon Marjollet A, Bossis G, Lopez M, Piechaczyk M, Jariel Encontre I, et al. SUMOylation regulates nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling of Elk-1. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:767-73 pubmed..Thus, SUMO conjugation is a novel regulator of Elk-1 function through the control of its nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling. ..
- Méré J, Morlon Guyot J, Bonhoure A, Chiche L, Beaumelle B. Acid-triggered membrane insertion of Pseudomonas exotoxin A involves an original mechanism based on pH-regulated tryptophan exposure. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21194-201 pubmed..This tryptophan-based membrane insertion system is surprisingly similar to the membrane-anchoring mechanism of human annexin-V and could be used by other proteins as well. ..
- Savary E, Hugnot J, Chassigneux Y, Travo C, Duperray C, Van De Water T, et al. Distinct population of hair cell progenitors can be isolated from the postnatal mouse cochlea using side population analysis. Stem Cells. 2007;25:332-9 pubmed..Our observation that these SP cells are capable of differentiating into HC-like cells implies a possible use for such cells (i.e., the replacement of lost auditory HCs within damaged cochlea)...
- Kohler B, Delezoide A, Boizet Bonhoure B, McPhaul M, Sultan C, Lumbroso S. Coexpression of Wilms' tumor suppressor 1 (WT1) and androgen receptor (AR) in the genital tract of human male embryos and regulation of AR promoter activity by WT1. J Mol Endocrinol. 2007;38:547-54 pubmed
- Rondard P, Huang S, Monnier C, Tu H, Blanchard B, Oueslati N, et al. Functioning of the dimeric GABA(B) receptor extracellular domain revealed by glycan wedge scanning. EMBO J. 2008;27:1321-32 pubmed publisher..These data provide new insight into the function of this prototypical GPCR and demonstrate that a change in the dimerization interface is required for receptor activation. ..
- Gerin C, Teilhac J, Smith K, Privat A. Motor activity induces release of serotonin in the dorsal horn of the rat lumbar spinal cord. Neurosci Lett. 2008;436:91-5 pubmed publisher..5-HT release is temporally related to exercise. The present study demonstrates that dorsal horn 5-HT release might modulate locomotion. ..
- Al Dahouk S, Jubier Maurin V, Scholz H, Tomaso H, Karges W, Neubauer H, et al. Quantitative analysis of the intramacrophagic Brucella suis proteome reveals metabolic adaptation to late stage of cellular infection. Proteomics. 2008;8:3862-70 pubmed publisher..In the future, the 2-D DIGE-based approach will permit to decipher specifically and quantitatively the intracellular proteomes of various pathogens during adaptation to their specific host cell environments...
- Rives M, Vol C, Fukazawa Y, Tinel N, Trinquet E, Ayoub M, et al. Crosstalk between GABAB and mGlu1a receptors reveals new insight into GPCR signal integration. EMBO J. 2009;28:2195-208 pubmed publisher..Such a mechanism helps explain specific properties of cells expressing two different Gi- and Gq-coupled receptors activated by a single transmitter, or properties of GPCRs naturally coupled to both types of the G protein. ..
- Correa A, Escobar J, Noya O, Velasquez L, González Ramírez C, Hurtrez Boussès S, et al. Morphological and molecular characterization of Neotropic Lymnaeidae (Gastropoda: Lymnaeoidea), vectors of fasciolosis. Infect Genet Evol. 2011;11:1978-88 pubmed publisher..neotropica and G. viatrix might be conspecifics. We conclude that conchological and anatomical characters are uninformative to identify closely related species of Lymnaeidae and that DNA-based approaches should be preferred. ..
- Lahouassa H, Daddacha W, Hofmann H, Ayinde D, Logue E, Dragin L, et al. SAMHD1 restricts the replication of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 by depleting the intracellular pool of deoxynucleoside triphosphates. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:223-228 pubmed publisher..Nucleotide-pool depletion could be a general mechanism for protecting cells from infectious agents that replicate through a DNA intermediate...
- Boisguerin P, Giorgi J, Barrère Lemaire S. CPP-conjugated anti-apoptotic peptides as therapeutic tools of ischemia-reperfusion injuries. Curr Pharm Des. 2013;19:2970-8 pubmed..More importantly, similar peptidic strategies and tools are likely to be adaptable to many other situations in which cells have to be protected from apoptosis such as stroke or organ transplantation. ..
- Simonin Y, Vegna S, Akkari L, Grégoire D, Antoine E, Piette J, et al. Lymphotoxin signaling is initiated by the viral polymerase in HCV-linked tumorigenesis. PLoS Pathog. 2013;9:e1003234 pubmed publisher..These results open new perspectives in understanding the inflammatory mechanisms linked to HCV infection and tumorigenesis. ..
- Touaitahuata H, Planus E, Albiges Rizo C, Blangy A, Pawlak G. Podosomes are dispensable for osteoclast differentiation and migration. Eur J Cell Biol. 2013;92:139-49 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that osteoclasts devoid of podosomes can migrate efficiently. Our study further illustrates the great capacity of myeloid cells to adapt to the different environments they encounter during their life cycle. ..
- Redjem M, Verdaguer M, Vigouroux E. Influence of chronic treatment with iopanoic acid on thyroxine metabolism in the newborn rat. Horm Metab Res. 1990;22:329-33 pubmed..The results were the same in PTU- and MMI-treated newborn rats. The differences between newborn and adult animals under IOP treatment are discussed. ..
- Frutos R, Federici B, Revet B, Bergoin M. Taxonomic studies of Rickettsiella, Rickettsia, and Chlamydia using genomic DNA. J Invertebr Pathol. 1994;63:294-300 pubmed..Thus, the present study indicates that, despite similarities in developmental cycles, Rickettsiella and Chlamydia are taxonomically distinct groups appropriately placed in different orders.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Manes G, Leducq R, Kucharczak J, Pages A, Schmitt Bernard C, Hamel C. Rat messenger RNA for the retinal pigment epithelium-specific protein RPE65 gradually accumulates in two weeks from late embryonic days. FEBS Lett. 1998;423:133-7 pubmed..This timing and rate of accumulation parallels that of rat and mouse opsin mRNA and suggests that common factors may control the activation of genes in photoreceptors and retinal pigment epithelium cells. ..
- Teyssier C, Belguise K, Galtier F, Chalbos D. Characterization of the physical interaction between estrogen receptor alpha and JUN proteins. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:36361-9 pubmed
- Roger F, Ratovonjato J, Vola P, Uilenber G. Ornithodoros porcinus ticks, bushpigs, and African swine fever in Madagascar. Exp Appl Acarol. 2001;25:263-9 pubmed..The authors also discuss another potentially complicating factor, the presence of a species of African bushpig, Potamochoerus larvatus...
- Glondu M, Liaudet Coopman E, Derocq D, Platet N, Rochefort H, Garcia M. Down-regulation of cathepsin-D expression by antisense gene transfer inhibits tumor growth and experimental lung metastasis of human breast cancer cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:5127-34 pubmed..Our overall results provide the first evidence on the essential role of cathepsin-D in breast cancer, and support the development of a new cathepsin-D-targeted therapy. ..
- Capdevila X, Lopez S, Bernard N, Rabischong E, Ramonatxo M, Martinazzo G, et al. Effects of controlled mechanical ventilation on respiratory muscle contractile properties in rabbits. Intensive Care Med. 2003;29:103-10 pubmed..Mechanical ventilation in rabbits produces alterations in contractile properties of the diaphragm and 5th external intercostal muscle, increases both muscles fatigue, and promotes atrophy of type II fibers. ..
- Layalle S, Coessens E, Ghysen A, Dambly Chaudiere C. Smooth, a hnRNP encoding gene, controls axonal navigation in Drosophila. Genes Cells. 2005;10:119-25 pubmed..As sm belongs to a family of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP), we propose that the control of axonal navigation and connectivity is partly achieved at the level of mRNA splicing or exporting. ..
- Mahmoud A, Royer M, Granier M, Ammar E, Peterschmitt M. High genetic identity between RNA 3 segments of an Old World isolate and a New World isolate of Maize stripe virus. Arch Virol. 2007;152:1583-6 pubmed
- Granier S, Jean Alphonse F, Bacqueville D, Monteil A, Pascal R, Poncet J, et al. The multifunctional protein GC1q-R interacts specifically with the i3 loop arginine cluster of the vasopressin V2 receptor. Regul Pept. 2008;148:76-87 pubmed publisher..Using purified receptor as a bait and recombinant (74-282) GC1q-R, we demonstrated a direct and specific interaction between these two proteins via the arginine cluster. ..
- Carron A, Bichaud L, Platz N, Bicout D. Survivorship characteristics of the mosquito Aedes caspius adults from southern France under laboratory conditions. Med Vet Entomol. 2008;22:70-3 pubmed publisher..The survivorship curves for Ae. caspius were type IV for males (mortality rates higher for young adults) and type III for females (mortality rates constant). ..
- Belabbas H, Zalvidea S, Casellas D, Moles J, Galbes O, Mercier J, et al. Contrasting effect of exercise and angiotensin II hypertension on in vivo and in vitro cardiac angiogenesis in rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2008;295:R1512-8 pubmed publisher..The effect of training is unlikely related to changes in resting VEGF and may represent enhanced angiogenic capacity of the coronary vascular bed. ..
- Bertaso F, Roussignol G, Worley P, Bockaert J, Fagni L, Ango F. Homer1a-dependent crosstalk between NMDA and metabotropic glutamate receptors in mouse neurons. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9755 pubmed publisher..This study provides a new molecular mechanism by which group-I mGluRs could dynamically regulate NMDA receptor function. ..
- Rougeron V, de Meeus T, Hide M, Waleckx E, Dereure J, Arevalo J, et al. A battery of 12 microsatellite markers for genetic analysis of the Leishmania (Viannia) guyanensis complex. Parasitology. 2010;137:1879-84 pubmed publisher..guyanensis species complex and raises fundamental biological questions. It confirms that microsatellite markers constitute good tools for population genetic studies on parasites of this complex. ..
- Gamba L, Cubedo N, Lutfalla G, Ghysen A, Dambly Chaudiere C. Lef1 controls patterning and proliferation in the posterior lateral line system of zebrafish. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:3163-71 pubmed publisher..We conclude that lef1-mediated Wnt signaling is involved in various aspects of primordium migration, although part of this implication is masked by a high level of developmental redundancy. ..
- Tawk L, Dubremetz J, Montcourrier P, Chicanne G, Merezegue F, Richard V, et al. Phosphatidylinositol 3-monophosphate is involved in toxoplasma apicoplast biogenesis. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1001286 pubmed publisher..This study also highlights the possibility of developing specific pharmacological inhibitors of the parasite PI3-kinase as novel anti-apicomplexan drugs. ..
- Ramdarshan A, Alloing SÃ©guier T, Merceron G, Marivaux L. The primate community of Cachoeira (Brazilian Amazonia): a model to decipher ecological partitioning among extinct species. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e27392 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, dental microwear can highlight differences between primates which have similar diets, such as Saimiri and Saguinus. In this case, differences could be due to other exogenous factors. ..
- Paupy C, Le Goff G, Brengues C, Guerra M, Revollo J, Barja Simon Z, et al. Genetic structure and phylogeography of Aedes aegypti, the dengue and yellow-fever mosquito vector in Bolivia. Infect Genet Evol. 2012;12:1260-9 pubmed publisher..aegypti specimens. In conclusion, our results suggested a temporal succession of Ae. aegypti populations in Bolivia, that potentially impacted the epidemiology of dengue and yellow fever. ..
- Bazile V, Moran J, Le MoguÃ©dec G, Marshall D, Gaume L. A carnivorous plant fed by its ant symbiont: a unique multi-faceted nutritional mutualism. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36179 pubmed publisher..bicalcarata, via protection of assimilatory organs, enhancement of prey capture, and myrmecotrophy. This combination of carnivory and myrmecotrophy represents an outstanding strategy of nutrient sequestration. ..
- Michalak Z, Lebrun A, Di Miceli M, Rousset M, Crespel A, Coubes P, et al. IgG leakage may contribute to neuronal dysfunction in drug-refractory epilepsies with blood-brain barrier disruption. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2012;71:826-38 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations suggest that IgG leakage is related to neuronal impairment and may be a pathogenic mechanism in epileptogenesis and chronic epilepsy. ..
- Boissière A, Gimonneau G, Tchioffo M, Abate L, Bayibeki A, Awono Ambene P, et al. Application of a qPCR assay in the investigation of susceptibility to malaria infection of the M and S molecular forms of An. gambiae s.s. in Cameroon. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54820 pubmed publisher..Thus, the distribution of the molecular forms of An. gambiae s.s. may impact on the malaria epidemiology, and it will be important to monitor the efficiency of malaria control interventions on the two M and S forms. ..
- Weirich J, Catzeflis F, Jiménez F. Guerrerostrongylus marginalis n. sp. (Trichostrongyloidea: Heligmonellidae) from the Guianan arboreal mouse (Oecomys auyantepui) from French Guiana. Parasite. 2016;23:9 pubmed publisher..ulysi Digiani, Notarnicola & Navone, 2012 and G. marginalis n. sp. ..
- Kluiters G, Pages N, Carpenter S, Gardes L, Guis H, Baylis M, et al. Morphometric discrimination of two sympatric sibling species in the Palaearctic region, Culicoides obsoletus Meigen and C. scoticus Downes & Kettle (Diptera: Ceratopogonidae), vectors of bluetongue and Schmallenberg viruses. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:262 pubmed publisher..Although we show the length and width of the spermathecae can be used to differentiate between the species, this can be time-consuming, so we recommend undertaking this using standardized subsampling of catches. ..
- Huchard E, Cowlishaw G, Raymond M, Weill M, Knapp L. Molecular study of Mhc-DRB in wild chacma baboons reveals high variability and evidence for trans-species inheritance. Immunogenetics. 2006;58:805-16 pubmed..Evidence for trans-species inheritance of some Mhc-DRB sequences comes from high identity between the new Paur-DRB sequences and sequences from Papio cynocephalus, Macaca mulatta and possibly Galago moholi...
- Jouvenet N, Lainé S, Pessel Vivares L, Mougel M. Cell biology of retroviral RNA packaging. RNA Biol. 2011;8:572-80 pubmed publisher..Other central issues of the cell biology of RNA packaging, such as how the Gag-RNA complex traffics through the cytoplasm towards assembly sites, await characterization. ..
- Ahuka Mundeke S, Ayouba A, Mbala Kingebeni P, Liegeois F, Esteban A, Lunguya Metila O, et al. Novel multiplexed HIV/simian immunodeficiency virus antibody detection assay. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:2277-86 pubmed publisher..Additional studies are needed to determine whether other SIVs crossed the species barrier. With the newly developed assay, large-scale screening against many antigens is now easier and faster...
- Lamarque M, Papoin J, Finizio A, Lentini G, Pfaff A, Candolfi E, et al. Identification of a new rhoptry neck complex RON9/RON10 in the Apicomplexa parasite Toxoplasma gondii. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32457 pubmed publisher..The conservation of RON9 and RON10 in Coccidia and Cryptosporidia suggests a specific relation with development in intestinal epithelial cells. ..
- Philibert P, Boizet Bonhoure B, Bashamboo A, Paris F, Aritake K, Urade Y, et al. Unilateral cryptorchidism in mice mutant for Ptgds. Hum Mutat. 2013;34:278-82 pubmed publisher..However, none of the investigated cases presented mutations in the PTGDS gene. Nevertheless, our results identify the PTGDS enzyme as a novel component in the cryptorchidism puzzle...
- Toutant J, Arpagaus M, Fournier D. Native molecular forms of head acetylcholinesterase from adult Drosophila melanogaster: quaternary structure and hydrophobic character. J Neurochem. 1988;50:209-18 pubmed
- Claeysen S, Sebben M, Journot L, Bockaert J, Dumuis A. Cloning, expression and pharmacology of the mouse 5-HT(4L) receptor. FEBS Lett. 1996;398:19-25 pubmed..In contrast to the previously described distribution, we found that mRNA encoding for both the short (5-HT(4S))and the long form (5-HT(4L)) of 5-HT4 receptors are expressed in all mouse and rat brain areas. ..
- Dujardin J, Panzera P, Schofield C. Triatominae as a model of morphological plasticity under ecological pressure. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 1999;94 Suppl 1:223-8 pubmed
- Desquesnes M, Dia M. Trypanosoma vivax: mechanical transmission in cattle by one of the most common African tabanids, Atylotus agrestis. Exp Parasitol. 2003;103:35-43 pubmed..congolense, T. brucei, and most often T. vivax as well; however, in areas where T. vivax can be mechanically transmitted, clearance of tsetse may not be sufficient to eradicate livestock trypanosomosis...
- Chaumont S, Jiang L, Penna A, North R, Rassendren F. Identification of a trafficking motif involved in the stabilization and polarization of P2X receptors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:29628-38 pubmed
- Niederlander N, Raynaud F, Astier C, Chaussepied P. Regulation of the actin-myosin interaction by titin. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4572-81 pubmed..They also suggest that titin may participate in the regulation of the active tension generated by the actin-myosin complex. ..
- Fic W, Juge F, Soret J, Tazi J. Eye development under the control of SRp55/B52-mediated alternative splicing of eyeless. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e253 pubmed..Our results suggest that B52/SRp55 splicing activity is used during normal eye development to control eye organogenesis and size through regulation of eyeless alternative splicing. ..
- Mrugala D, Bony C, Neves N, Caillot L, Fabre S, Moukoko D, et al. Phenotypic and functional characterisation of ovine mesenchymal stem cells: application to a cartilage defect model. Ann Rheum Dis. 2008;67:288-95 pubmed..This study provides for the first time a strong characterisation of oMSC and establishes the basis for a model of cartilage engineering in a large animal. ..
- Berr C, Akbaraly T, Arnaud J, Hininger I, Roussel A, Barberger Gateau P. Increased selenium intake in elderly high fish consumers may account for health benefits previously ascribed to omega-3 fatty acids. J Nutr Health Aging. 2009;13:14-8 pubmed..It is important to consider this observation when interpreting associations between fish consumption and health status in the elderly, particularly with regard to brain function. ..
- Courties G, Presumey J, Duroux Richard I, Jorgensen C, Apparailly F. RNA interference-based gene therapy for successful treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2009;9:535-8 pubmed..Combining advances in RNAi methodology with gene therapy technology opens avenues for rapid applications to RA. ..
- Mitri C, Soustelle L, Framery B, Bockaert J, Parmentier M, Grau Y. Plant insecticide L-canavanine repels Drosophila via the insect orphan GPCR DmX. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000147 pubmed publisher..These findings show that the DmX receptor, which does not belong to the Gr family, fulfills a gustatory function necessary to avoid eating a natural toxin. ..
- Berthouly C, Rognon X, Nhu Van T, Berthouly A, Thanh Hoang H, Bed Hom B, et al. Genetic and morphometric characterization of a local Vietnamese swamp buffalo population. J Anim Breed Genet. 2010;127:74-84 pubmed publisher..These results are useful for the implementation of a conservation and improvement strategy of the swamp buffalo in order to guarantee the householders' needs for sustainability of the farming system in the Ha Giang province. ..
- Etter E, Seck I, Grosbois V, Jori F, Blanco E, Vial L, et al. Seroprevalence of African swine fever in Senegal, 2006. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:49-54 pubmed publisher..This regional difference is considered in relation to different farming systems and illegal trade with neighboring countries where the infection is endemic. ..
- Fabre O, Salehzada T, Lambert K, Boo Seok Y, Zhou A, Mercier J, et al. RNase L controls terminal adipocyte differentiation, lipids storage and insulin sensitivity via CHOP10 mRNA regulation. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:1470-81 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight RNase L as an essential regulator of adipogenesis via the regulation of CHOP10 mRNA. ..
- Baldacchino F, Cadier J, Porciani A, Buatois B, Dormont L, Jay Robert P. Behavioural and electrophysiological responses of females of two species of tabanid to volatiles in urine of different mammals. Med Vet Entomol. 2013;27:77-85 pubmed publisher..For both species of tabanid, cow and horse urine elicited larger EAGs than did sheep urine. The behavioural implications in host-seeking and feeding habits are discussed. ..
- Gangarossa G, Longueville S, De Bundel D, Perroy J, Herve D, Girault J, et al. Characterization of dopamine D1 and D2 receptor-expressing neurons in the mouse hippocampus. Hippocampus. 2012;22:2199-207 pubmed publisher..By clarifying the identity of D1 and D2 receptor-expressing neurons in the hippocampus, this study establishes a basis for future investigations aiming at elucidating their roles in the hippocampal network. ..
- Cornet S, Nicot A, Rivero A, Gandon S. Malaria infection increases bird attractiveness to uninfected mosquitoes. Ecol Lett. 2013;16:323-9 pubmed publisher..We discuss the underlying mechanisms driving this behavioural manipulation, as well as the broader implications of these effects for the epidemiology of malaria...
- Benoit J, Adnet S, El Mabrouk E, Khayati H, Ben Haj Ali M, Marivaux L, et al. Cranial remain from Tunisia provides new clues for the origin and evolution of Sirenia (Mammalia, Afrotheria) in Africa. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54307 pubmed publisher..While isotopic analyses previously suggested sirenians had adapted directly to the marine environment, new paleoenvironmental evidence suggests that basal-most sea cows were likely restricted to fresh waters...
- Reymond N, d Água B, Ridley A. Crossing the endothelial barrier during metastasis. Nat Rev Cancer. 2013;13:858-70 pubmed publisher..Identification of the mechanisms that underlie cancer cell extravasation could lead to the development of new therapies to reduce metastasis. ..
- Sendin G, Bourien J, Rassendren F, Puel J, Nouvian R. Spatiotemporal pattern of action potential firing in developing inner hair cells of the mouse cochlea. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1999-2004 pubmed publisher..We therefore suggest that in addition to carrying place information to the ascending auditory nuclei, the IHCs firing pattern controlled by the ?9?10 receptor conveys a temporal signature of the cochlear development. ..
- Almathen F, Charruau P, Mohandesan E, Mwacharo J, Orozco Terwengel P, Pitt D, et al. Ancient and modern DNA reveal dynamics of domestication and cross-continental dispersal of the dromedary. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:6707-12 pubmed publisher..This study also demonstrates the potential to retrieve ancient DNA sequences from osseous remains excavated in hot and dry desert environments. ..