Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on bacterial proteins in Rennes, Brittany, France
Locale: Rennes, Brittany, France
Topic: bacterial proteins
- Chabelskaya S, Gaillot O, Felden B. A Staphylococcus aureus small RNA is required for bacterial virulence and regulates the expression of an immune-evasion molecule. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1000927 pubmed publisher..SprD is a small regulatory RNA required for S. aureus pathogenicity with an identified function, although the mechanism of virulence control by the RNA is yet to be elucidated. ..
- Eyraud A, Tattevin P, Chabelskaya S, Felden B. A small RNA controls a protein regulator involved in antibiotic resistance in Staphylococcus aureus. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:4892-905 pubmed publisher..Here we report the case of a sRNA influencing antibiotic resistance of a major human pathogen. ..
- Cordier S, Garlantezec R, Labat L, Rouget F, Monfort C, Bonvallot N, et al. Exposure during pregnancy to glycol ethers and chlorinated solvents and the risk of congenital malformations. Epidemiology. 2012;23:806-12 pubmed publisher..Exposure to solvents during pregnancy has long been suspected of increasing the risk of congenital malformations, but the lack of prospective assessment of specific solvent exposures has prevented definitive conclusions...
- Dalmasso M, Aubert J, Briard Bion V, Chuat V, Deutsch S, Even S, et al. A temporal-omic study of Propionibacterium freudenreichii CIRM-BIA1 adaptation strategies in conditions mimicking cheese ripening in the cold. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29083 pubmed publisher..This could explain the contribution of P. freudenreichii to cheese ripening even in the cold. In conclusion, P. freudenreichii remains metabolically active at 4°C and induces pathways to maintain its long-term survival...
- Fontenelle C, Blanco C, Arrieta M, Dufour V, Trautwetter A. Resistance to organic hydroperoxides requires ohr and ohrR genes in Sinorhizobium meliloti. BMC Microbiol. 2011;11:100 pubmed publisher..meliloti. The ohr and ohrR genes are expressed in nodule-inhabiting bacteroids suggesting a role during nodulation. ..
- Weis F, Bron P, Giudice E, Rolland J, Thomas D, Felden B, et al. tmRNA-SmpB: a journey to the centre of the bacterial ribosome. EMBO J. 2010;29:3810-8 pubmed publisher..This provides a structural basis for the transit of the large tmRNA-SmpB complex through the ribosome and for the means by which the tmRNA internal frame is set for translation to resume...
- Falentin H, Postollec F, Parayre S, Henaff N, Le Bivic P, Richoux R, et al. Specific metabolic activity of ripening bacteria quantified by real-time reverse transcription PCR throughout Emmental cheese manufacture. Int J Food Microbiol. 2010;144:10-9 pubmed publisher..For the first time, specific gene expression was performed by RT-qPCR yielding metabolic activity and stress response evaluation for L. paracasei and P. freudenreichii in cheese...
- Delamarche C, Manoha F, Behar G, Houlgatte R, Hellman U, Wroblewski H. Characterization of the Pasteurella multocida skp and firA genes. Gene. 1995;161:39-43 pubmed..The preprotein p28 is converted into p25 by cleavage of a 23-amino-acid leader peptide. Though it serologically cross-reacts with porin H of Pm, p25 is not related to known bacterial porins. ..
- Flechard M, Fontenelle C, Trautwetter A, Ermel G, Blanco C. Sinorhizobium meliloti rpoE2 is necessary for H(2)O(2) stress resistance during the stationary growth phase. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2009;290:25-31 pubmed publisher..A katC strain behaved as an rpoE2 strain during an H(2)O(2) challenge, suggesting that the H(2)O(2) sensitivity of the rpoE2 strain resulted only from the lack of KatC in this strain. ..
- Sevin E, Barloy Hubler F. RASTA-Bacteria: a web-based tool for identifying toxin-antitoxin loci in prokaryotes. Genome Biol. 2007;8:R155 pubmed..The tool successfully confirmed all reported TA systems, and spotted new putative loci upon screening of sequenced genomes. RASTA-Bacteria is publicly available at http://genoweb.univ-rennes1.fr/duals/RASTA-Bacteria. ..
- Gautier A, Dubois D, Escande F, Avril J, Trieu Cuot P, Gaillot O. Rapid and accurate identification of human isolates of Pasteurella and related species by sequencing the sodA gene. J Clin Microbiol. 2005;43:2307-14 pubmed..The method described here provides a rapid and accurate tool for species identification of Pasteurella isolates when access to a sequencing facility is available...
- Jebbar M, Sohn Bösser L, Bremer E, Bernard T, Blanco C. Ectoine-induced proteins in Sinorhizobium meliloti include an Ectoine ABC-type transporter involved in osmoprotection and ectoine catabolism. J Bacteriol. 2005;187:1293-304 pubmed..The expression of ehuB, as determined by measurements of UidA activity, was shown to be induced by ectoine and hydroxyectoine but not by glycine betaine or by high osmolality...
- Antal M, Bordeau V, Douchin V, Felden B. A small bacterial RNA regulates a putative ABC transporter. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:7901-8 pubmed..We conclude that RydC regulates the yejABEF-encoded ABC permease at the mRNA level. This small RNA may contribute to optimal adaptation of some Enterobacteria to environmental conditions...
- Thomas D, Bron P, Ranchy G, Duchesne L, Cavalier A, Rolland J, et al. Aquaglyceroporins, one channel for two molecules. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1555:181-6 pubmed..We conclude that a non-polar environment in the vicinity of the top of helix 5 could allow aquaglyceroporins and GlpF to exist as monomers within the hydrophobic environment of the membrane. ..
- Gillet R, Felden B. Emerging views on tmRNA-mediated protein tagging and ribosome rescue. Mol Microbiol. 2001;42:879-85 pubmed..Recent in vivo and in vitro studies have identified novel ligands of tmRNA. Based on the available experimental evidences, an updated model of tmRNA mediated protein tagging and ribosome rescue in bacteria is presented. ..
- Touze T, Gouesbet G, Boiangiu C, Jebbar M, Bonnassie S, Blanco C. Glycine betaine loses its osmoprotective activity in a bspA strain of Erwinia chrysanthemi. Mol Microbiol. 2001;42:87-99 pubmed
- Bourot S, Sire O, Trautwetter A, Touze T, Wu L, Blanco C, et al. Glycine betaine-assisted protein folding in a lysA mutant of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1050-6 pubmed..Taken together, these results show, for the first time, that GB may actively assist in vivo protein folding in a chaperone-like manner. ..
- Le Bars H, Bousarghin L, Bonnaure Mallet M, Jolivet Gougeon A. Role of a short tandem leucine/arginine repeat in strong mutator phenotype acquisition in a clinical isolate of Salmonella Typhimurium. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2013;338:101-6 pubmed publisher..This result adds to the sparse body of knowledge about strong mutators and highlights the role of this STR as a hotspot for the acquisition of a strong mutator phenotype in Salmonella. ..
- Cosquer A, Pichereau V, Pocard J, Minet J, Cormier M, Bernard T. Nanomolar levels of dimethylsulfoniopropionate, dimethylsulfonioacetate, and glycine betaine are sufficient to confer osmoprotection to Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65:3304-11 pubmed..coli, but not the proP(+) strain GM50, could also scavenge nanomolar levels of GB, DMSA, and DMSP from oligotrophic seawater. The physiological and ecological implications of these observations are discussed. ..