Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction in Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Locale: Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Topic: reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction
- Gemignani F, Moreno V, Landi S, Moullan N, Chabrier A, Gutierrez Enriquez S, et al. A TP53 polymorphism is associated with increased risk of colorectal cancer and with reduced levels of TP53 mRNA. Oncogene. 2004;23:1954-6 pubmed..However, we found reduced levels of TP53 mRNA associated with the A2 allele. In conclusion, the epidemiological study suggests a role for p53PIN3 in tumorigenesis, supported by the in vitro characterization of this variant. ..
- Khenchouche A, Sadouki N, Boudriche A, Houali K, Graba A, Ooka T, et al. Human papillomavirus and Epstein-Barr virus co-infection in cervical carcinoma in Algerian women. Virol J. 2013;10:340 pubmed publisher..This could be taken into account as bad prognosis in this type of cancer. However, the mode of action in dual infection in cervical oncogenesis needs further investigation. ..
- Rodrigues R, Telles J, Essere K, Ducournau C, Roqueplo C, Levieuge A, et al. Development of a one step real time RT-PCR assay to detect and quantify Dugbe virus. J Virol Methods. 2011;176:74-7 pubmed publisher..One sample was found positive suggesting that DUGV is present in this part of the world. The molecular assay developed in this study is sensitive, specific and rapid and can be used for research and epidemiological studies. ..
- Marcais A, Tomkowiak M, Walzer T, Coupet C, Ravel Chapuis A, Marvel J. Maintenance of CCL5 mRNA stores by post-effector and memory CD8 T cells is dependent on transcription and is coupled to increased mRNA stability. Eur J Immunol. 2006;36:2745-54 pubmed..Finally, we show that these stores are spontaneously reconstituted when the inhibitory signal is removed, indicating that the transcription of ccl5 is a default feature of memory CD8 T cells imprinted in their genetic program. ..
- Devouassoux Shisheboran M, Deschildre C, Mauduit C, Berger G, Méjean Lebreton F, Bouvier R, et al. Expression of galectin-3 in gonads and gonadal sex cord stromal and germ cell tumors. Oncol Rep. 2006;16:335-40 pubmed..0432 and p=0.0247, respectively), indicating the possible role of this gene in the non-seminomatous differentiation of germ cell tumors. ..
- Russier M, Reynard S, Tordo N, Baize S. NK cells are strongly activated by Lassa and Mopeia virus-infected human macrophages in vitro but do not mediate virus suppression. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:1822-32 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings show that MOPV- as well as pathogenic LASV-infected macrophages mediate NK-cell activation. ..
- Amatya V, Naumann U, Weller M, Ohgaki H. TP53 promoter methylation in human gliomas. Acta Neuropathol. 2005;110:178-84 pubmed
- Kratzer I, Vasiljevic A, Rey C, Fevre Montange M, Saunders N, Strazielle N, et al. Complexity and developmental changes in the expression pattern of claudins at the blood-CSF barrier. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:861-79 pubmed publisher..The observed differences in claudin expression between developing and adult choroid plexuses may indicate developmental differences in selective blood-cerebrospinal fluid transport functions. ..
- Georges Courbot M, Contamin H, Faure C, Loth P, Baize S, Leyssen P, et al. Poly(I)-poly(C12U) but not ribavirin prevents death in a hamster model of Nipah virus infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2006;50:1768-72 pubmed..Poly(I)-poly(C(12)U), at 3 mg/kg of body weight daily from the day of infection to 10 days postinfection, prevented mortality in 5 of 6 infected animals. ..
- Jacquard A, Nassal M, Pichoud C, Ren S, Schultz U, Guerret S, et al. Effect of a combination of clevudine and emtricitabine with adenovirus-mediated delivery of gamma interferon in the woodchuck model of hepatitis B virus infection. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2004;48:2683-92 pubmed..However, no extra benefit of adding IFN-gamma gene transduction to the L-FMAU/FTC combination could be detected. ..
- Durand A, Champier J, Jouvet A, Labrousse F, Honnorat J, Guyotat J, et al. Expression of c-Myc, neurofibromatosis Type 2, somatostatin receptor 2 and erb-B2 in human meningiomas: relation to grades or histotypes. Clin Neuropathol. 2008;27:334-45 pubmed
- Dutertre M, Gratadou L, Dardenne E, Germann S, Samaan S, Lidereau R, et al. Estrogen regulation and physiopathologic significance of alternative promoters in breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2010;70:3760-70 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this study identifies the patterns of AP regulation in ERGs and shows the contribution of AP-encoded isoforms to the estradiol-regulated transcriptome as well as their physiopathologic significance in breast cancer. ..
- Accardi R, Scalise M, Gheit T, Hussain I, Yue J, Carreira C, et al. IkappaB kinase beta promotes cell survival by antagonizing p53 functions through DeltaNp73alpha phosphorylation and stabilization. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:2210-26 pubmed publisher..We also present evidence for the IKK? and ?Np73? cross talk in cancer-derived cell lines and primary cancers. Our data unveil a new mechanism involved in the regulation of the p73 and p53 network. ..
- Verjat T, Dhénaut A, Radicella J, Araneda S. Detection of 8-oxoG DNA glycosylase activity and OGG1 transcripts in the rat CNS. Mutat Res. 2000;460:127-38 pubmed..These results provide evidence for the widespread expression of the OGG1 gene in developing and adult brains. ..
- Forcheron F, Basset A, Del Carmine P, Beylot M. Lipase maturation factor 1: its expression in Zucker diabetic rats, and effects of metformin and fenofibrate. Diabetes Metab. 2009;35:452-7 pubmed publisher..However, metformin increased LMF1 expression in the heart, suggesting that stimulation of LMF1 may play a part in its TG-lowering action. ..
- Tappaz M, Bitoun M, Reymond I, Sergeant A. Characterization of the cDNA coding for rat brain cysteine sulfinate decarboxylase: brain and liver enzymes are identical proteins encoded by two distinct mRNAs. J Neurochem. 1999;73:903-12 pubmed..Through selective RT-PCR the brain form was detected in brain only, whereas the liver form was found in liver and kidney. These results indicate a tissue-specific regulation of CSD genomic expression. ..
- Warzocha K, Ribeiro P, Renard N, Bienvenu J, Charlot C, Coiffier B, et al. Expression of genes coding for the tumor necrosis factor and lymphotoxin ligand-receptor system in non-Hodgkin's lymphomas. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2000;49:469-75 pubmed..The expression of TNF-related ligands and receptors in tumor tissues is likely to contribute to the clinicopathological features of lymphoid-derived malignancies. ..
- Corvi R, Berger N, Balczon R, Romeo G. RET/PCM-1: a novel fusion gene in papillary thyroid carcinoma. Oncogene. 2000;19:4236-42 pubmed..However, heterozygosity is retained for seven microsatellite markers in the 8p21-22 region, suggesting that the non-rearranged PCM-1 allele is not lost and that the translocation is balanced. Oncogene (2000) 19, 4236 - 4242 ..
- Verschelde C, Michonneau D, Trescol Biemont M, Berberich I, Schimpl A, Bonnefoy Berard N. Overexpression of the antiapoptotic protein A1 promotes the survival of double positive thymocytes awaiting positive selection. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1213-21 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that A1 plays a specialized role in allowing survival of DP thymocytes and that its role can be distinguished from that of Mcl-1, Bcl-xl and Bcl-2. ..
- Guyot R, Magre S, Leduque P, le Magueresse Battistoni B. Differential expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases type 1 (TIMP-1) during mouse gonad development. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:357-66 pubmed..Experiments are now under way to determine to what extent TIMP-1 is a morphogenic gene involved in seminiferous cord formation and development. ..
- Maurin J, Couble M, Staquet M, Carrouel F, About I, Avila J, et al. Microtubule-associated protein 1b, a neuronal marker involved in odontoblast differentiation. J Endod. 2009;35:992-6 pubmed publisher..The aim of this work was to identify the MAP-1B expression in in vitro and in vivo human odontoblasts during development and carious processes. The expression of MAP2 and tau was also studied...
- B hne A, Darras A, D Cotta H, Baroiller J, Galiana Arnoux D, Volff J. The vertebrate makorin ubiquitin ligase gene family has been shaped by large-scale duplication and retroposition from an ancestral gonad-specific, maternal-effect gene. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:721 pubmed publisher..Comparative expression analysis strongly suggests that the ancestral E3 ubiquitin ligase function of the single copy mkrn gene before duplication in vertebrates was gonad-specific, with maternal expression in early embryos...
- Auvergnon N, Reibel S, Touret M, Honnorat J, Baron T, Giraudon P, et al. Altered expression of CRMPs in the brain of bovine spongiform encephalopathy-infected mice during disease progression. Brain Res. 2009;1261:1-6 pubmed publisher..Altogether our findings picked out originally CRMPs, and especially CRMP4, as potential contributors to prion pathogenesis. ..
- Sanchez P, Navarro F, Fares R, Nadam J, Georges B, Moulin C, et al. Erythropoietin receptor expression is concordant with erythropoietin but not with common beta chain expression in the rat brain throughout the life span. J Comp Neurol. 2009;514:403-14 pubmed publisher..Given that Epo protects extended populations of neurons after injury, a yet-to-be-identified receptor heterocomplex including Epo-R may exist in the large population of brain neurons that does not express betac. ..
- Buchaille R, Couble M, Magloire H, Bleicher F. Expression of the small leucine-rich proteoglycan osteoadherin/osteomodulin in human dental pulp and developing rat teeth. Bone. 2000;27:265-70 pubmed..Together, these results lead us to speculate that OSAD may be implicated in biomineralization processes. ..
- Chadebech P, Goidin D, Jacquet C, Viac J, Schmitt D, Staquet M. Use of human reconstructed epidermis to analyze the regulation of beta-defensin hBD-1, hBD-2, and hBD-3 expression in response to LPS. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2003;19:313-24 pubmed
- Lefeuvre A, Contamin H, Decelle T, Fournier C, Lang J, Deubel V, et al. Host-cell interaction of attenuated and wild-type strains of yellow fever virus can be differentiated at early stages of hepatocyte infection. Microbes Infect. 2006;8:1530-8 pubmed..The early specific upregulation of these cellular genes in HepG2 cells may be considered markers of the 17D virus. This study on the YF attenuated strain gives a new approach to the analysis of the factors involved in virus attenuation...
- Wang Q, Montmain G, Ruano E, Upadhyaya M, Dudley S, Liskay R, et al. Neurofibromatosis type 1 gene as a mutational target in a mismatch repair-deficient cell type. Hum Genet. 2003;112:117-23 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that the NF1 gene is a mutational target of MMR deficiency and suggest that its inactivation is an important step of the malignant progression of MMR-deficient cells. ..
- Ravassard P, Pachoud B, Comte J, Mejia Perez C, Scoté Blachon C, Gay N, et al. Paradoxical (REM) sleep deprivation causes a large and rapidly reversible decrease in long-term potentiation, synaptic transmission, glutamate receptor protein levels, and ERK/MAPK activation in the dorsal hippocampus. Sleep. 2009;32:227-40 pubmed..The fact that the decrease in protein expression of GluR1 and NR1 was not associated with a change in mRNA expression of these receptors suggests that a sleep-induced modulation of translational mechanisms occurs in dorsal CA1. ..
- Toh M, Gonzales G, Koenders M, Tournadre A, Boyle D, Lubberts E, et al. Role of interleukin 17 in arthritis chronicity through survival of synoviocytes via regulation of synoviolin expression. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13416 pubmed publisher..IL-17 induction of synoviolin may contribute at least in part to RA chronicity by prolonging the survival of RA FLS and immune cells in germinal centre reactions. These results extend the role of IL-17 to synovial hyperplasia. ..
- Thollet A, Vendrell J, Payen L, Ghayad S, Ben Larbi S, Grisard E, et al. ZNF217 confers resistance to the pro-apoptotic signals of paclitaxel and aberrant expression of Aurora-A in breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer. 2010;9:291 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data suggest that ZNF217 might play an important role in breast neoplastic progression and chemoresistance, and that Aurora-A might be involved in ZNF217-mediated effects. ..
- Razanajaona D, Joguet S, Ay A, Treilleux I, Goddard Leon S, Bartholin L, et al. Silencing of FLRG, an antagonist of activin, inhibits human breast tumor cell growth. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7223-9 pubmed..Our data provide strong evidence that endogenous FLRG contributes to tumor cell proliferation through antagonizing endogenous activin effects. ..
- Billaud G, Morfin F, Vabret A, Boucher A, Gillet Y, Crassard N, et al. Human parainfluenza virus type 4 infections: a report of 20 cases from 1998 to 2002. J Clin Virol. 2005;34:48-51 pubmed..Human Parainfluenza Viruses (HPIV) type 4 are responsible for respiratory infections. Unlike HPIV types 1-3, they are associated with mild infections and appear to be infrequent. Thus, they often go undetected...
- Marcais A, Coupet C, Walzer T, Tomkowiak M, Ghittoni R, Marvel J. Cell-autonomous CCL5 transcription by memory CD8 T cells is regulated by IL-4. J Immunol. 2006;177:4451-7 pubmed..Overall, these results indicate that the expression of CCL5 is an intrinsic property acquired by memory CD8 T cells that is regulated by environmental factors. ..
- Herbreteau C, Weill L, Decimo D, Prévôt D, Darlix J, Sargueil B, et al. HIV-2 genomic RNA contains a novel type of IRES located downstream of its initiation codon. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:1001-7 pubmed..A combination of translation assays and structural studies reveal that sequences located 50 nucleotides downstream of the AUG codon are crucial for IRES activity...
- Trompezinski S, Berthier Vergnes O, Denis A, Schmitt D, Viac J. Comparative expression of vascular endothelial growth factor family members, VEGF-B, -C and -D, by normal human keratinocytes and fibroblasts. Exp Dermatol. 2004;13:98-105 pubmed..Taken together, the results underline the major role played by NHFs in the elaboration of the VEGF family proteins known to regulate wound healing, chronic inflammation and tumour angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis. ..
- Chapat C, Chettab K, Simonet P, Wang P, de la Grange P, Le Romancer M, et al. Alternative splicing of CNOT7 diversifies CCR4-NOT functions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8508-8523 pubmed publisher..These observations illustrate how the integration of a splicing variant inside CCR4-NOT can diversify its cell- and tissue-specific functions. ..
- Toh M, Kawashima M, Hot A, Miossec P, Miossec P. Role of IL-17 in the Th1 systemic defects in rheumatoid arthritis through selective IL-12Rbeta2 inhibition. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69:1562-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) have a systemic Th1 defect associated with inflammation...
- Dubois A, Raymond O, Maene M, Baudino S, Langlade N, Boltz V, et al. Tinkering with the C-function: a molecular frame for the selection of double flowers in cultivated roses. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9288 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the molecular mechanisms that could have been selected to control petal number in roses...
- Lee S, Huang H, Niu Y, Tommasino M, Lenoir G, Sylla B. Dok1 expression and mutation in Burkitt's lymphoma cell lines. Cancer Lett. 2007;245:44-50 pubmed..Our data show that Dok1 expression and structure are affected in a subset of Burkitt's lymphoma samples, suggesting its possible role in this type of cancer. ..
- Beby F, Housset M, Fossat N, Le Greneur C, Flamant F, Godement P, et al. Otx2 gene deletion in adult mouse retina induces rapid RPE dystrophy and slow photoreceptor degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11673 pubmed publisher..Our novel mouse model uncovers new Otx2 functions in adult retina. We show that this transcription factor is necessary for long-term maintenance of photoreceptors, likely through the control of specific activities of the RPE. ..
- Chapat C, Kolytcheff C, Le Romancer M, Auboeuf D, de la Grange P, Chettab K, et al. hCAF1/CNOT7 regulates interferon signalling by targeting STAT1. EMBO J. 2013;32:688-700 pubmed publisher..Since abnormal and unbalanced JAK/STAT activation is associated with immune disorders and cancer, hCAF1 could play a major role in innate immunity and oncogenesis, contributing to tumour escape. ..
- Leveque N, Amine I, Amine I, Cartet G, Hammani A, Khazraji Y, et al. Two outbreaks of acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis in Africa due to genotype III coxsackievirus A24 variant. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2007;26:199-202 pubmed..This is the first report of an epidemic of acute hemorrhagic conjunctivitis due to a coxsackievirus A24 variant in Africa since 1987 and the first ever from Morocco...
- Baeza N, Masuoka J, Kleihues P, Ohgaki H. AXIN1 mutations but not deletions in cerebellar medulloblastomas. Oncogene. 2003;22:632-6 pubmed..Since there are multiple complementary, inverted sequences present in the AXIN1 gene, these large deletions may represent RT-PCR errors due to stem-loop secondary structures. ..
- Seemann S, Hainaut P. Roles of thioredoxin reductase 1 and APE/Ref-1 in the control of basal p53 stability and activity. Oncogene. 2005;24:3853-63 pubmed..When both factors were inhibited, basal levels of p53 were restored. These results suggest that TRR-Trx and APE/Ref-1 cooperate in the control of basal p53 activity, but not in its induction by DNA-damage. ..
- Frappart P, Tong W, Demuth I, Radovanovic I, Herceg Z, Aguzzi A, et al. An essential function for NBS1 in the prevention of ataxia and cerebellar defects. Nat Med. 2005;11:538-44 pubmed..This study gives insight into the physiological function of NBS1 (the Nbn gene product) and the function of the DNA damage response in the neurological anomalies of NBS, ataxia telangiectasia and ATLD...
- Hussein N, Lu J, Casse H, Fontanière S, Morera A, Guittot S, et al. Deregulation of anti-Mullerian hormone/BMP and transforming growth factor-beta pathways in Leydig cell lesions developed in male heterozygous multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 mutant mice. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2008;15:217-27 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the evidence of the deregulation of AMH/BMP and TGF-beta pathways in mouse Men1 LCTs, highlighting their involvement in tumorigenesis of Leydig cells due to Men1 inactivation. ..
- Yang Y, Frappart P, Frappart L, Wang Z, Tong W. A novel function of DNA repair molecule Nbs1 in terminal differentiation of the lens fibre cells and cataractogenesis. DNA Repair (Amst). 2006;5:885-93 pubmed..In addition, Nbn-deficient lenses show dysregulated transcription of various crystallins. Thus, this study implicates a novel function of Nbs1 in terminal differentiation of the lens fibre cells and in cataractogenesis. ..
- Pillot B, Duraffourd C, Begeot M, Joly A, Luquet S, Houberdon I, et al. Role of hypothalamic melanocortin system in adaptation of food intake to food protein increase in mice. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19107 pubmed publisher..Rather, the role of this system might be to defend the body against the variations in food intake generated by the nutritional environment. ..
- Reynier F, Pachot A, Paye M, Xu Q, Turrel Davin F, Petit F, et al. Specific gene expression signature associated with development of autoimmune type-I diabetes using whole-blood microarray analysis. Genes Immun. 2010;11:269-78 pubmed publisher..Our results showed the presence of early functional modifications associated with T1D, which could help to understand the disease and suggest possible avenues for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Legay V, Chomel J, Lina B. Specific RT-PCR procedure for the detection of human parechovirus type 1 genome in clinical samples. J Virol Methods. 2002;102:157-60 pubmed..Hence, a rapid, specific and sensitive RT-PCR assay was developed that can be used for the detection of human parechovirus type 1 in clinical samples...
- Mathieu C, Pohl C, Szecsi J, Trajkovic Bodennec S, Devergnas S, Raoul H, et al. Nipah virus uses leukocytes for efficient dissemination within a host. J Virol. 2011;85:7863-71 pubmed publisher..This mode of virus transmission represents a rapid and potent method of NiV dissemination, which may contribute to its high pathogenicity...
- Chatagnon A, Bougel S, Perriaud L, Lachuer J, Benhattar J, Dante R. Specific association between the methyl-CpG-binding domain protein 2 and the hypermethylated region of the human telomerase reverse transcriptase promoter in cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:28-34 pubmed publisher..This specific transcriptional repression was also observed in breast, liver and neuroblastoma cancer cell lines. Thus, MBD2 seems to be a general repressor of hTERT in hTERT-methylated telomerase-positive cells. ..
- Conjard A, Komaty O, Delage H, Boghossian M, Martin M, Ferrier B, et al. Inhibition of glutamine synthetase in the mouse kidney: a novel mechanism of adaptation to metabolic acidosis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:38159-66 pubmed..Furthermore, they show that, in rodents, the regulation of renal glutamine synthetase is species-specific. ..
- Pernet I, Reymermier C, Guezennec A, Branka J, Guesnet J, Perrier E, et al. Calcium triggers beta-defensin (hBD-2 and hBD-3) and chemokine macrophage inflammatory protein-3 alpha (MIP-3alpha/CCL20) expression in monolayers of activated human keratinocytes. Exp Dermatol. 2003;12:755-60 pubmed
- Dardenne E, Pierredon S, Driouch K, Gratadou L, Lacroix Triki M, Espinoza M, et al. Splicing switch of an epigenetic regulator by RNA helicases promotes tumor-cell invasiveness. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1139-46 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a new regulatory pathway in which splicing factors control the expression of histone variant isoforms that in turn drive a transcription program to switch tumor cells to an invasive phenotype. ..
- Boeva V, Louis Brennetot C, Peltier A, Durand S, Pierre Eugène C, Raynal V, et al. Heterogeneity of neuroblastoma cell identity defined by transcriptional circuitries. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1408-1413 pubmed publisher..Most neuroblastoma primary tumors express TFs from the noradrenergic and NCC-like modules. Our data demonstrate a previously unknown aspect of tumor heterogeneity relevant for neuroblastoma treatment strategies. ..
- Delloye Bourgeois C, Brambilla E, Coissieux M, Guenebeaud C, Pedeux R, Firlej V, et al. Interference with netrin-1 and tumor cell death in non-small cell lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2009;101:237-47 pubmed publisher..001). Almost half of the NSCLC tissue samples examined expressed high levels of netrin-1. Extracellular targeting of the interaction between netrin-1 and UNC5H may be a promising therapeutic approach for NSCLCs that express netrin-1. ..
- Meyronet D, Massoma P, Thivolet F, Chalabreysse L, Rogemond V, Schlama A, et al. Extensive expression of collapsin response mediator protein 5 (CRMP5) is a specific marker of high-grade lung neuroendocrine carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:1699-708 pubmed publisher..Our findings point at CRMP5 as a novel marker for routine pathologic evaluation of lung tumors surgical samples in distinguishing between highly aggressive neuroendocrine carcinoma and the other lung cancers...
- Pannetier D, Faure C, Georges Courbot M, Deubel V, Baize S. Human macrophages, but not dendritic cells, are activated and produce alpha/beta interferons in response to Mopeia virus infection. J Virol. 2004;78:10516-24 pubmed..These results may explain the difference in pathogenicity between LV and MV...
- Channelière S, Rivière S, Scalliet G, Szecsi J, Jullien F, Dolle C, et al. Analysis of gene expression in rose petals using expressed sequence tags. FEBS Lett. 2002;515:35-8 pubmed..The cDNA library and expressed sequence tag database described here represent a valuable resource for future research aimed at improving economically important rose characteristics such as flower form, longevity and scent...
- Krahn Bertil E, Dos Santos M, Damour O, André V, Bolzinger M. Expression of estrogen-related receptor beta (ERR?) in human skin. Eur J Dermatol. 2010;20:719-23 pubmed publisher..These results were validated on freshly extracted epidermal cells and on monolayer-cultured keratinocytes by RT-PCR and western blotting (WB), suggesting the implication of ERR? in skin immunity and endocrine effects. ..
- Raverot G, Wierinckx A, Dantony E, Auger C, Chapas G, Villeneuve L, et al. Prognostic factors in prolactin pituitary tumors: clinical, histological, and molecular data from a series of 94 patients with a long postoperative follow-up. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:1708-16 pubmed publisher..Predicting pituitary tumor behavior remains a challenge. This multiparameter investigation aimed to identify markers for recurrence and progression in prolactin tumors...
- Rambaud J, Triqueneaux G, Masse I, Staels B, Laudet V, Benoit G. Rev-erbalpha2 mRNA encodes a stable protein with a potential role in circadian clock regulation. Mol Endocrinol. 2009;23:630-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that the relative expression levels of the two REV-ERBalpha variants fine-tune the circadian period length by regulating REV-ERBalpha half-life. ..
- Aboumrad E, Madec A, Thivolet C. The CXCR4/CXCL12 (SDF-1) signalling pathway protects non-obese diabetic mouse from autoimmune diabetes. Clin Exp Immunol. 2007;148:432-9 pubmed..Immunofluorescence studies indicated that AMD3100 reduced the number of CXCR4(+) and SDF-1 positive cells in the inflamed islets. We can conclude that the CXCL-12/CXCR4 pathway has protective effects against autoimmune diabetes. ..
- Levillain O, Ventura G, Dechaud H, Hobeika M, Meseguer A, Moinard C, et al. Sex-differential expression of ornithine aminotransferase in the mouse kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2007;292:F1016-27 pubmed..Expression of medium-chain acyl-CoA synthetase protein confirmed this finding. We report sexual dimorphism of Oat expression in the mouse kidney and show that Oat is naturally downregulated in the presence of testosterone. ..
- Rajas F, Jourdan Pineau H, Stefanutti A, Mrad E, Iynedjian P, Mithieux G. Immunocytochemical localization of glucose 6-phosphatase and cytosolic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase in gluconeogenic tissues reveals unsuspected metabolic zonation. Histochem Cell Biol. 2007;127:555-65 pubmed
- Biroccio A, Cherfils Vicini J, Augereau A, Pinte S, Bauwens S, Ye J, et al. TRF2 inhibits a cell-extrinsic pathway through which natural killer cells eliminate cancer cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:818-28 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results reveal a TRF2-dependent pathway that is tumour-cell extrinsic and regulates NK cell immunity. ..
- Murr R, Loizou J, Yang Y, Cuenin C, Li H, Wang Z, et al. Histone acetylation by Trrap-Tip60 modulates loading of repair proteins and repair of DNA double-strand breaks. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:91-9 pubmed..Thus, these data reveal that cells may use the same basic mechanism involving HAT complexes to regulate distinct cellular processes, such as transcription and DNA repair. ..
- Ducluzeau P, Perretti N, Laville M, Andreelli F, Vega N, Riou J, et al. Regulation by insulin of gene expression in human skeletal muscle and adipose tissue. Evidence for specific defects in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 2001;50:1134-42 pubmed..This study thus provides evidence for a specific defect in the regulation of a group of important genes in response to insulin in peripheral tissues of type 2 diabetic patients. ..
- Hodroj W, Legedz L, Foudi N, Cerutti C, Bourdillon M, Feugier P, et al. Increased insulin-stimulated expression of arterial angiotensinogen and angiotensin type 1 receptor in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and atheroma. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2007;27:525-31 pubmed..Phosphorylated ERK1-2 was 4-fold higher in MIT from T2D than from CTR patients. The arterial RAS is upregulated in T2D patients, which can be partly explained by an hyperactivation of the ERK1-2 pathway by insulin. ..
- Wang Q, Lasset C, Desseigne F, Saurin J, Maugard C, Navarro C, et al. Prevalence of germline mutations of hMLH1, hMSH2, hPMS1, hPMS2, and hMSH6 genes in 75 French kindreds with nonpolyposis colorectal cancer. Hum Genet. 1999;105:79-85 pubmed