Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Locale: Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Topic: middle aged
Publications374 found, 100 shown here
- Guerin C, Nesme P, Leray V, Wallet F, Bourdin G, Bayle F, et al. Quantitative analysis of acid-base disorders in patients with chronic respiratory failure in stable or unstable respiratory condition. Respir Care. 2010;55:1453-63 pubmed..The diagnostic performance of the Stewart approach was better than that of the conventional approach, even when corrected anion gap was taken into account. ..
- Micol C, Marsot J, Boublay N, Pilleul F, Berthezene Y, Rode A. Contrast-enhanced ultrasound: a new method for TIPS follow-up. Abdom Imaging. 2012;37:252-60 pubmed publisher..CEUS allows direct visualization of intra-prosthetic flow, with a qualitative and anatomic study, in addition to the Doppler examination. This is a new, simple, and effective technique for TIPS follow-up. ..
- Toure A, Lauverjat M, Peraldi C, Boncompain Gerard M, Gelas P, Barnoud D, et al. Taurolidine lock solution in the secondary prevention of central venous catheter-associated bloodstream infection in home parenteral nutrition patients. Clin Nutr. 2012;31:567-70 pubmed publisher..The aim was to analyze the impact of taurolidine-citrate lock solution (TLS) on CBSI rate in HPN patients with a high risk of catheter infection...
- Ray Coquard I, Montesco M, Coindre J, Dei Tos A, Lurkin A, Ranchere Vince D, et al. Sarcoma: concordance between initial diagnosis and centralized expert review in a population-based study within three European regions. Ann Oncol. 2012;23:2442-9 pubmed..The contribution of second opinion (SO) to improve diagnostic accuracy has been suggested for sarcoma but has never been established in population-based studies...
- Moutte A, Doret M, Hajri T, Peyron N, Chateau F, Massardier J, et al. Placental site and epithelioid trophoblastic tumours: diagnostic pitfalls. Gynecol Oncol. 2013;128:568-72 pubmed publisher..Clinical and histological expertise is essential to avoid the pitfalls in the diagnosis of PSTT and ETT. ..
- Ryvlin P, Nashef L, Lhatoo S, Bateman L, Bird J, Bleasel A, et al. Incidence and mechanisms of cardiorespiratory arrests in epilepsy monitoring units (MORTEMUS): a retrospective study. Lancet Neurol. 2013;12:966-77 pubmed publisher..Improved supervision is warranted in epilepsy monitoring units, in particular during night time. Commission of European Affairs of the International League Against Epilepsy. ..
- Saison J, Ferry T, Demaret J, Maucort Boulch D, Venet F, Perpoint T, et al. Association between discordant immunological response to highly active anti-retroviral therapy, regulatory T cell percentage, immune cell activation and very low-level viraemia in HIV-infected patients. Clin Exp Immunol. 2014;176:401-9 pubmed publisher..Causative interactions between T(regs) and CD4(+) T cells should now be explored prospectively in a large patients cohort. ..
- Conroy T, Galais M, Raoul J, Bouche O, Gourgou Bourgade S, Douillard J, et al. Definitive chemoradiotherapy with FOLFOX versus fluorouracil and cisplatin in patients with oesophageal cancer (PRODIGE5/ACCORD17): final results of a randomised, phase 2/3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:305-14 pubmed publisher..UNICANCER, French Health Ministry, Sanofi-Aventis, and National League Against Cancer. ..
- Stepien M, Duarte Salles T, Fedirko V, Trichopoulou A, Lagiou P, Bamia C, et al. Consumption of soft drinks and juices and risk of liver and biliary tract cancers in a European cohort. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:7-20 pubmed publisher..This study provides some insight into possible associations of HCC with sugary drinks intake. Further exploration in other settings is required. ..
- Valour F, Boibieux A, Karsenty J, Vallat M, Braun E, Perpoint T, et al. Pristinamycin in the treatment of MSSA bone and joint infection. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:1063-70 pubmed publisher..7%) or rifampicin (21.7%), without difference regarding outcome. Pristinamycin is an effective, well-tolerated alternative therapeutic option in MSSA BJI, on condition that a daily dosage of 50 mg/kg is respected. ..
- Vandenesch F, Baklouti F, Francina A, Vianey Liaud C, Bertrand A, Le Devehat C, et al. Hemoglobin J-Baltimore (beta 16(A13)Gly----Asp): interference with the assay of HbA1c. Clin Chim Acta. 1987;168:121-8 pubmed..HbJ-Baltimore itself was identified using HPLC of the beta-chain tryptic peptides. This observation emphasizes the errors that hemoglobin variants may introduce in the assay of HbA1c. ..
- Lacan P, Badens C, Lena Russo D, Merono F, Thuret I, Aubry M, et al. Hb aubagne [beta64(E8)Gly-Ala]: a new unstable beta chain variant found in a French family. Hemoglobin. 2002;26:163-7 pubmed
- Gambrelle J, Kodjikian L, Rouberol F, Donate D, Duquesne N, Jean Louis B, et al. [Ciliary body melanomas. Survival and prognostic aspects after brachytherapy or proton therapy]. J Fr Ophtalmol. 2004;27:40-7 pubmed..Our main goals were to study the survival of patients with uveal melanomas involving the ciliary body 5 and 10 years after treatment and to review prognosis...
- Toh M, Marotte H, Blond J, Jhumka U, Eljaafari A, Mougin B, et al. Overexpression of synoviolin in peripheral blood and synoviocytes from rheumatoid arthritis patients and continued elevation in nonresponders to infliximab treatment. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:2109-18 pubmed..Sustained up-regulation of synoviolin by IL-lbeta and TNFalpha may contribute to prolonged survival of immune cells and dysregulated FLS proliferation, leading to RA chronicity. ..
- Negrier S, Perol D, Ravaud A, Chevreau C, Bay J, Delva R, et al. Medroxyprogesterone, interferon alfa-2a, interleukin 2, or combination of both cytokines in patients with metastatic renal carcinoma of intermediate prognosis: results of a randomized controlled trial. Cancer. 2007;110:2468-77 pubmed..Newly available angiogenesis inhibitors should be preferred for these patients. ..
- Rugeri L, Beguin S, Hemker C, Bordet J, Fleury R, Chatard B, et al. Thrombin-generating capacity in patients with von Willebrand's disease. Haematologica. 2007;92:1639-46 pubmed..Our results suggest that the thrombin generation test, in combination with routine FVIII and VWF measurements, could be of interest in the assessment of the individual bleeding risk in patients with VWD. ..
- Lina B, Holm M, Szucs T. [Evolution of influenza vaccination coverage in France from 2001 to 2006]. Med Mal Infect. 2008;38:125-32 pubmed publisher..Stable vaccination rates were observed from 2001 to 2006. France is well on its way to reach the international vaccination goal set by the WHO (75% in the elderly population), but continuously effort is needed for others. ..
- Gheit T, Vaccarella S, Schmitt M, Pawlita M, Franceschi S, Sankaranarayanan R, et al. Prevalence of human papillomavirus types in cervical and oral cancers in central India. Vaccine. 2009;27:636-9 pubmed publisher..None of penile cancers was found positive for any of the high-risk HPV types. These data show that HPV16 vaccination in this geographical region will have considerable impact on the prevention of cervical and other epithelial cancers. ..
- Boivin G, Farlay D, Khebbab M, Jaurand X, Delmas P, Meunier P. In osteoporotic women treated with strontium ranelate, strontium is located in bone formed during treatment with a maintained degree of mineralization. Osteoporos Int. 2010;21:667-77 pubmed publisher..Strontium was shown to be dose-dependently deposited into this newly formed bone with preservation of the mineralization...
- Leal P, Hermier M, Froment J, Souza M, Cristino Filho G, Sindou M. Preoperative demonstration of the neurovascular compression characteristics with special emphasis on the degree of compression, using high-resolution magnetic resonance imaging: a prospective study, with comparison to surgical findings, in 100 consec. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010;152:817-25 pubmed publisher..01). 3D T2 high-resolution in combination with 3D TOF-MRA and 3D T1-Gadolinium proved to be reliable in detecting NVC and in predicting the degree of the root compression. ..
- Lech Maranda E, Bienvenu J, Broussais Guillaumot F, Warzocha K, Michallet A, Robak T, et al. Plasma TNF-alpha and IL-10 level-based prognostic model predicts outcome of patients with diffuse large B-Cell lymphoma in different risk groups defined by the International Prognostic Index. Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz). 2010;58:131-41 pubmed publisher..This model may help to identify patients in a given IPI risk group for whom more accurate and risk-adapted treatment could be advised. ..
- Cassier P, Ducimetière F, Lurkin A, Ranchere Vince D, Scoazec J, Bringuier P, et al. A prospective epidemiological study of new incident GISTs during two consecutive years in Rhône Alpes region: incidence and molecular distribution of GIST in a European region. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:165-70 pubmed publisher..This finding may have important consequences for patients offered adjuvant imatinib, although most of these tumours are in the low-risk group. ..
- Bodard A, Paris M, Salino S, Fortin T. Evaluation of two noninvasive repositioning systems for computer-assisted oral implant surgery in oral cancer patients. Int J Prosthodont. 2010;23:463-8 pubmed..These methods may be unacceptable in areas where vital structures may be damaged by a misguided implant, and further studies are required. More satisfactory results should be obtained in partially edentulous patients. ..
- Bouvet L, Mazoit J, Chassard D, Allaouchiche B, Boselli E, Benhamou D. Clinical assessment of the ultrasonographic measurement of antral area for estimating preoperative gastric content and volume. Anesthesiology. 2011;114:1086-92 pubmed publisher..The ultrasonographic measurement of antral CSA could be an important help for the anesthesiologist in minimizing the risk of pulmonary aspiration of gastric contents due to general anesthesia. ..
- Benet T, Regis C, Voirin N, Robert O, Lina B, Cronenberger S, et al. Influenza vaccination of healthcare workers in acute-care hospitals: a case-control study of its effect on hospital-acquired influenza among patients. BMC Infect Dis. 2012;12:30 pubmed publisher..Investigations, such as controlled clinical trials, are needed to validate the benefits of HCW vaccination on HAI incidence in patients. ..
- Euvrard S, Morelon E, Rostaing L, Goffin E, Brocard A, Tromme I, et al. Sirolimus and secondary skin-cancer prevention in kidney transplantation. N Engl J Med. 2012;367:329-39 pubmed publisher..These observations may have implications concerning immunosuppressive treatment of patients with cutaneous squamous-cell carcinomas. (Funded by Hospices Civils de Lyon and others; TUMORAPA ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00133887.). ..
- Dumortier J, Guillaud O, Gagnieu M, Janbon B, Juillard L, Morelon E, et al. Anti-viral triple therapy with telaprevir in haemodialysed HCV patients: is it feasible?. J Clin Virol. 2013;56:146-9 pubmed publisher..Dose of RBV ranged from 200mg three times a week to 200mg/day. Triple therapy with a first generation protease inhibitor could be the new standard for the treatment of HCV patients with ESRD. This needs to be confirmed by larger series. ..
- Eibach D, Traore B, Bouchrik M, Coulibaly B, Coulibaly N, Siby F, et al. Evaluation of the malaria rapid diagnostic test VIKIA malaria Ag Pf/Panâ„¢ in endemic and non-endemic settings. Malar J. 2013;12:188 pubmed publisher..The VIKIA Malaria Ag Pf/Panâ„¢ performs similar to PCR-corrected microscopy for the detection of P. falciparum, making it a valuable tool in malaria endemic and non-endemic regions. ..
- Franchi A, Bagur J, Lemoine P, Maucort Boulch D, Malicier D, Maujean G. FORENSIC Autopsy of People Having Committed Suicide in 2002 and in 2012: Comparison of Epidemiological and Sociological Data. J Forensic Sci. 2016;61:109-15 pubmed publisher..001). Whatever the date of death by suicide, the most affected age range is the 45-54. The results highlight the necessity of bolstering the prevention plans, in particular for people over 45. ..
- DieudonnÃ© M. Does electromagnetic hypersensitivity originate from nocebo responses? Indications from a qualitative study. Bioelectromagnetics. 2016;37:14-24 pubmed publisher..However, such responses might occur at the sixth stage of the process, potentially reinforcing the attribution. It remains possible that some cases of IEI-EMF originate from other psychological mechanisms. ..
- Velay A, Jeulin H, Eschlimann M, MalvÃ© B, Goehringer F, Bensenane M, et al. Characterization of hepatitis B virus surface antigen variability and impact on HBs antigen clearance under nucleos(t)ide analogue therapy. J Viral Hepat. 2016;23:387-98 pubmed publisher..In nonresolvers, a decrease in HBs 'a' determinant antigenicity and more frequent mutations in the S gene suggest a role for the HBV envelope characteristics in HBsAg persistence. ..
- Cholley B, Caruba T, Grosjean S, Amour J, Ouattara A, Villacorta J, et al. Effect of Levosimendan on Low Cardiac Output Syndrome in Patients With Low Ejection Fraction Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting With Cardiopulmonary Bypass: The LICORN Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2017;318:548-556 pubmed publisher..Low cardiac output syndrome after cardiac surgery is associated with high morbidity and mortality in patients with impaired left ventricular function...
- Munoz N, Franceschi S, Bosetti C, Moreno V, Herrero R, Smith J, et al. Role of parity and human papillomavirus in cervical cancer: the IARC multicentric case-control study. Lancet. 2002;359:1093-101 pubmed..High parity increases the risk of squamous-cell carcinoma of the cervix among HPV-positive women. A general decline in parity might therefore partly explain the reduction in cervical cancer recently seen in most countries. ..
- Carel R, Olsson A, Zaridze D, Szeszenia Dabrowska N, Rudnai P, Lissowska J, et al. Occupational exposure to asbestos and man-made vitreous fibres and risk of lung cancer: a multicentre case-control study in Europe. Occup Environ Med. 2007;64:502-8 pubmed..To investigate the contribution of occupational exposure to asbestos and man-made vitreous fibres (MMVF) to lung cancer in high-risk populations in Europe...
- Jenab M, McKay J, Ferrari P, Biessy C, Laing S, Munar G, et al. CDH1 gene polymorphisms, smoking, Helicobacter pylori infection and the risk of gastric cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC-EURGAST). Eur J Cancer. 2008;44:774-80 pubmed publisher..However, three CDH1 polymorphisms in the same haplotype block, including the CDH1-160C/A, interacted with smoking to increase GC risk in smokers but not in never smokers. These findings should be confirmed in larger independent studies. ..
- Chuang S, Hashibe M, Scelo G, Brewster D, Pukkala E, Friis S, et al. Risk of second primary cancer among esophageal cancer patients: a pooled analysis of 13 cancer registries. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2008;17:1543-9 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study is to assess the risk of second primary cancers following a first primary esophageal cancer as well as the risk of esophageal cancer as a second primary, following first primary cancers of other sites...
- Didelot A, Ryvlin P, Lothe A, Merlet I, Hammers A, Mauguiere F. PET imaging of brain 5-HT1A receptors in the preoperative evaluation of temporal lobe epilepsy. Brain. 2008;131:2751-64 pubmed publisher..All these patients became seizure free after surgery, even when the clinical presentation was not that of a typical MTLE, or when MRI failed to detect hippocampal atrophy. ..
- Durand A, Champier J, Jouvet A, Labrousse F, Honnorat J, Guyotat J, et al. Expression of c-Myc, neurofibromatosis Type 2, somatostatin receptor 2 and erb-B2 in human meningiomas: relation to grades or histotypes. Clin Neuropathol. 2008;27:334-45 pubmed
- Vogelgesang B, Abdul Malak N, Reymermier C, Altobelli C, Saget J. On the effects of a plant extract of Orthosiphon stamineus on sebum-related skin imperfections. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2011;33:44-52 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results obtained were better than those observed with the same formula containing 1% of zinc gluconate, an ingredient frequently used in oily skin care products...
- Chaitou A, Boutroy S, Vilayphiou N, Varennes A, Richard M, Blaizot S, et al. Association of bone microarchitecture with parathyroid hormone concentration and calcium intake in men: the STRAMBO study. Eur J Endocrinol. 2011;165:151-9 pubmed publisher..Th. Low calcium intake is associated with lower Tb.N and more heterogenous trabecular distribution. ..
- Cottin V, Harari S, Humbert M, Mal H, Dorfmuller P, Jais X, et al. Pulmonary hypertension in lymphangioleiomyomatosis: characteristics in 20 patients. Eur Respir J. 2012;40:630-40 pubmed..Pre-capillary PH of mild haemodynamic severity may occur in patients with LAM, even with mild pulmonary function impairment. PAH therapy might improve the haemodynamics in PH associated with LAM. ..
- Brenner D, Brennan P, Boffetta P, Amos C, Spitz M, Chen C, et al. Hierarchical modeling identifies novel lung cancer susceptibility variants in inflammation pathways among 10,140 cases and 11,012 controls. Hum Genet. 2013;132:579-89 pubmed publisher..HM allows for prior knowledge such as from bioinformatic sources to be incorporated into the analysis systematically, and it represents a complementary analytical approach to the conventional GWAS analysis. ..
- Guillemin I, Marrel A, Arnould B, Capuron L, Dupuy A, Ginon E, et al. How French subjects describe well-being from food and eating habits? Development, item reduction and scoring definition of the Well-Being related to Food Questionnaire (Well-BFQÂ©). Appetite. 2016;96:333-346 pubmed publisher..The Well-BFQ is a unique, modular tool that comprehensively assesses the full picture of well-being related to food and eating habits in the general population. ..
- Mohkam K, Passot G, Cotte E, Bakrin N, Gilly F, Ledochowski S, et al. Resectability of Peritoneal Carcinomatosis: Learnings from a Prospective Cohort of 533 Consecutive Patients Selected for Cytoreductive Surgery. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1261-70 pubmed publisher..The current modalities for the assessment of PC resectability, including functional imaging examinations, have a low impact on patient selection for CRS. New tools are needed to decrease the rate of open-close procedures. ..
- Perrot A, Monjanel H, Bouabdallah R, Quittet P, Sarkozy C, Bernard M, et al. Impact of post-brentuximab vedotin consolidation on relapsed/refractory CD30+ Hodgkin lymphomas: a large retrospective study on 240 patients enrolled in the French Named-Patient Program. Haematologica. 2016;101:466-73 pubmed publisher..Because of the short-term responses in most patients, a high-dose therapy with stem cell transplantation for responders should be considered as quickly as possible. ..
- Molina Montes E, Sanchez M, Buckland G, Bueno de Mesquita H, Weiderpass E, Amiano P, et al. Mediterranean diet and risk of pancreatic cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition cohort. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:811-820 pubmed publisher..A high adherence to the MD is not associated with pancreatic cancer risk in the EPIC study. ..
- Fedirko V, Tran H, Gewirtz A, Stepien M, Trichopoulou A, Aleksandrova K, et al. Exposure to bacterial products lipopolysaccharide and flagellin and hepatocellular carcinoma: a nested case-control study. BMC Med. 2017;15:72 pubmed publisher..Further study into the role of gut barrier failure and exposure to bacterial products in liver diseases is warranted. ..
- Hampras S, Rollison D, Giuliano A, McKay Chopin S, Minoni L, Sereday K, et al. Prevalence and Concordance of Cutaneous Beta Human Papillomavirus Infection at Mucosal and Cutaneous Sites. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:92-96 pubmed publisher..Cutaneous beta human papillomavirus (HPV) infection across cutaneous and mucosal tissues within individuals has not been examined...
- Jacquier A, Delorme C, Belotti E, Juntas Morales R, Solé G, Dubourg O, et al. Cryptic amyloidogenic elements in mutant NEFH causing Charcot-Marie-Tooth 2 trigger aggresome formation and neuronal death. Acta Neuropathol Commun. 2017;5:55 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results provide a physiological explanation for the overlap between CMT and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) clinical features in affected patients. ..
- Dupré A, Jones R, Díaz Nieto R, Fenwick S, Poston G, Malik H. Curative-intent treatment of recurrent colorectal liver metastases: A comparison between ablation and resection. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017;43:1901-1907 pubmed publisher..Although ablation seemed to be associated with a shorter progression-free survival, post-procedure morbidity was significantly lower. The choice between ablation and resection should therefore be made on a personalised basis. ..
- Kühn T, Sookthai D, Graf M, Schübel R, Freisling H, Johnson T, et al. Albumin, bilirubin, uric acid and cancer risk: results from a prospective population-based study. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1572-1579 pubmed publisher..The present findings indicate that higher levels of albumin and uric acid are related to lower risks of breast cancer and cancer mortality. Further studies are needed to assess whether the observed associations are causal. ..
- Smith J, Bosetti C, Munoz N, Herrero R, Bosch F, Eluf Neto J, et al. Chlamydia trachomatis and invasive cervical cancer: a pooled analysis of the IARC multicentric case-control study. Int J Cancer. 2004;111:431-9 pubmed..0; 95% CI = 0.53-1.9) in HPV DNA-positive women. An association of C. trachomatis with squamous cell ICC was found among all cases and control women with or without adjustment for HPV...
- Sebban C, Mounier N, Brousse N, Belanger C, Brice P, Haioun C, et al. Standard chemotherapy with interferon compared with CHOP followed by high-dose therapy with autologous stem cell transplantation in untreated patients with advanced follicular lymphoma: the GELF-94 randomized study from the Groupe d'Etude des Lymphom. Blood. 2006;108:2540-4 pubmed..After long-term follow-up, our study showed that there was no statistically significant benefit in favor of first-line high-dose therapy in patients with follicular lymphoma. High-dose therapy should be reserved for relapsing patients. ..
- Wall B, Nove Josserand L, O Connor D, Edwards T, Walch G. Reverse total shoulder arthroplasty: a review of results according to etiology. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007;89:1476-85 pubmed..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the effects of etiology on the results of reverse total shoulder arthroplasty...
- Heck J, Sapkota A, Vendhan G, Roychowdhury S, Dikshit R, Jetly D, et al. Dietary risk factors for hypopharyngeal cancer in India. Cancer Causes Control. 2008;19:1329-37 pubmed publisher..An increased risk of disease was seen among tobacco users who drank milk daily (OR = 1.84, 1.14-2.98). Dietary factors might contribute to the high risk of hypopharyngeal cancer observed in India. ..
- Hashibe M, Brennan P, Chuang S, Boccia S, Castellsague X, Chen C, et al. Interaction between tobacco and alcohol use and the risk of head and neck cancer: pooled analysis in the International Head and Neck Cancer Epidemiology Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:541-50 pubmed publisher..However, a substantial proportion of head and neck cancers cannot be attributed to tobacco or alcohol use, particularly for oral cavity cancer and for head and neck cancer among women and among young-onset cases. ..
- Thobois S, Ardouin C, Lhommée E, Klinger H, Lagrange C, Xie J, et al. Non-motor dopamine withdrawal syndrome after surgery for Parkinson's disease: predictors and underlying mesolimbic denervation. Brain. 2010;133:1111-27 pubmed publisher..A varying extent of mesolimbic dopaminergic denervation and differences in dopaminergic treatment largely determine mood, anxiety and motivation in patients with Parkinson's disease, contributing to different non-motor phenotypes. ..
- Morelon E, Pouteil Noble C, Daoud S, Cahen R, Goujon Henry C, Weber F, et al. Immunogenicity and safety of intradermal influenza vaccination in renal transplant patients who were non-responders to conventional influenza vaccination. Vaccine. 2010;28:6885-90 pubmed publisher..Further studies should be conducted in immunocompromised populations to validate the trends for higher efficacy of ID vs. conventional route of immunization against influenza. ..
- Cassier P, Gelderblom H, Stacchiotti S, Thomas D, Maki R, Kroep J, et al. Efficacy of imatinib mesylate for the treatment of locally advanced and/or metastatic tenosynovial giant cell tumor/pigmented villonodular synovitis. Cancer. 2012;118:1649-55 pubmed publisher..The authors concluded that the benefits of alleviating morbidity in patients with localized PVNS/TGCT must be balanced against the potential toxicity of chronic drug therapy. ..
- Derbel O, Limem S, Ségura Ferlay C, Lifante J, Carrie C, Peix J, et al. Results of combined treatment of anaplastic thyroid carcinoma (ATC). BMC Cancer. 2011;11:469 pubmed publisher..There is active ongoing research, and results obtained with new targeted systemic treatment appear encouraging. ..
- Nagaishi M, Kim Y, Mittelbronn M, Giangaspero F, Paulus W, Brokinkel B, et al. Amplification of the STOML3, FREM2, and LHFP genes is associated with mesenchymal differentiation in gliosarcoma. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:1816-23 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the mesenchymal components in a small fraction of gliosarcomas may be derived from glial cells with additional genetic alterations...
- Haesebaert J, Termoz A, Polazzi S, Mouchoux C, Mechtouff L, Derex L, et al. Can hospital discharge databases be used to follow ischemic stroke incidence?. Stroke. 2013;44:1770-4 pubmed publisher..The lack of sensitivity to identify acute IS patients through HDD search does not seem to be accurate enough to validate the use of these data for incidence estimates. Efforts have to be made to improve the coding quality. ..
- Costas L, Lambert B, Birmann B, Moysich K, De Roos A, Hofmann J, et al. A Pooled Analysis of Reproductive Factors, Exogenous Hormone Use, and Risk of Multiple Myeloma among Women in the International Multiple Myeloma Consortium. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:217-21 pubmed publisher..Associations with reproductive factors and exogenous hormone use were inconclusive despite our large sample size, suggesting that female sex hormones may not play a significant role in multiple myeloma etiology. ..
- Laurent C, Delas A, Gaulard P, Haioun C, Moreau A, Xerri L, et al. Breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma: two distinct clinicopathological variants with different outcomes. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:306-14 pubmed publisher..However, infiltrative i-ALCLs could have a more aggressive clinical course that might require additional therapy to implant removal. ..
- Mylotte D, Sudre A, Teiger E, Obadia J, Lee M, Spence M, et al. Transcarotid Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Feasibility and Safety. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016;9:472-80 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies are required to ascertain if transcarotid TAVR yields equivalent results to other nonfemoral vascular access routes. ..
- Peixoto Guimaraes D, Hsin Lu S, Snijders P, Wilmotte R, Herrero R, Lenoir G, et al. Absence of association between HPV DNA, TP53 codon 72 polymorphism, and risk of oesophageal cancer in a high-risk area of China. Cancer Lett. 2001;162:231-5 pubmed..Our findings do not support the association between risk of oesophageal cancer, human papilloma virus infection, and TP53 codon 72 polymorphism in a Chinese population at high risk of oesophageal cancer. ..
- Rouberol F, Roy P, Kodjikian L, Gerard J, Jean Louis B, Grange J. Survival, anatomic, and functional long-term results in choroidal and ciliary body melanoma after ruthenium brachytherapy (15 years' experience with beta-rays). Am J Ophthalmol. 2004;137:893-900 pubmed..To analyze survival, radiation-related complications, local recurrence, enucleation, and visual acuity after ruthenium-106 irradiation of malignant uveal melanoma...
- Vodoz J, Cottin V, Glérant J, Derumeaux G, Khouatra C, Blanchet A, et al. Right-to-left shunt with hypoxemia in pulmonary hypertension. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2009;9:15 pubmed publisher..When present in patients with precapillary PH, RL shunting is usually not related to reopening of patent foramen ovale, whatever the etiology of PH. ..
- Raverot G, Wierinckx A, Dantony E, Auger C, Chapas G, Villeneuve L, et al. Prognostic factors in prolactin pituitary tumors: clinical, histological, and molecular data from a series of 94 patients with a long postoperative follow-up. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:1708-16 pubmed publisher..Predicting pituitary tumor behavior remains a challenge. This multiparameter investigation aimed to identify markers for recurrence and progression in prolactin tumors...
- Panteix G, Gutierrez M, Boschiroli M, Rouviere M, Plaidy A, Pressac D, et al. Pulmonary tuberculosis due to Mycobacterium microti: a study of six recent cases in France. J Med Microbiol. 2010;59:984-9 pubmed publisher..From a review of the literature and this study, a classical antituberculous therapy seems effective in treating patients with M. microti disease...
- Silvestri V, Barrowdale D, Mulligan A, Neuhausen S, Fox S, Karlan B, et al. Male breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: pathology data from the Consortium of Investigators of Modifiers of BRCA1/2. Breast Cancer Res. 2016;18:15 pubmed publisher..e., high histologic grade). These findings could lead to the development of gender-specific risk prediction models and guide clinical strategies appropriate for MBC management. ..
- Jebrak G, Burgel P, Caillaud D, Deslee G, Brinchault G, Chanez P, et al. [Changing patterns of medication prescription for COPD patients in France. Impact of long-acting muscarinic antagonists' availability]. Rev Mal Respir. 2017;34:535-543 pubmed publisher..The use of long-acting bronchodilators increased from 68 to 80 % between both periods. Vaccinations and rehabilitation remained insufficiently prescribed. LAMA had been added but did not appear to replace other drugs. ..
- Dumortier J, Lombard Bohas C, Hervieu V, Poncet G, Lapalus M, Valette P, et al. Unusual cystic presentation of an endocrine carcinoma of the jejunum. Dig Liver Dis. 2004;36:553-6 pubmed..No adjuvant treatment was attempted. This observation underlines the difficult diagnostic problems raised by the cystic presentation of digestive endocrine tumours...
- Dalle S, Balme B, Sebban C, Pariset C, Berger F, Thomas L. Schnitzler syndrome associated with systemic marginal zone B-cell lymphoma. Br J Dermatol. 2006;155:827-9 pubmed..IgM gammopathy is a clue for the diagnosis of Schnitzler syndrome. This condition needs to be closely monitored; it can precede the onset of an authentic lymphoproliferative disorder including WD and rarely MZL...
- Chapurlat R. Medical therapy in adults with fibrous dysplasia of bone. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21 Suppl 2:P114-9 pubmed..Calcium, vitamin D, and phosphorus supplements may be useful in patients with deficiency. We are awaiting results from controlled trials testing bisphosphonates...
- Blay J, von Mehren M, Samuels B, Fanucchi M, Ray Coquard I, Buckley B, et al. Phase I combination study of trabectedin and doxorubicin in patients with soft-tissue sarcoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:6656-62 pubmed publisher..The combination of doxorubicin 60 mg/m(2) followed by trabectedin 1.1 mg/m(2) every 21 days is safe and active in patients with soft-tissue sarcoma. ..
- Ginevra C, Duclos A, Vanhems P, Campese C, Forey F, Lina G, et al. Host-related risk factors and clinical features of community-acquired legionnaires disease due to the Paris and Lorraine endemic strains, 1998-2007, France. Clin Infect Dis. 2009;49:184-91 pubmed publisher..pneumophila serogroup 1. These findings may help to guide preventive measures. Factors predisposing patients to infection by specific strains need to be explored further. ..
- Szulc P, Schoppet M, Goettsch C, Rauner M, Dschietzig T, Chapurlat R, et al. Endocrine and clinical correlates of myostatin serum concentration in men--the STRAMBO study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:3700-8 pubmed publisher..In men, circulating myostatin levels show seasonal changes and are associated with age, body mass index, fat mass, smoking, and 25OHD levels. ..
- Ghesquieres H, Cartron G, Seymour J, Delfau Larue M, Offner F, Soubeyran P, et al. Clinical outcome of patients with follicular lymphoma receiving chemoimmunotherapy in the PRIMA study is not affected by FCGR3A and FCGR2A polymorphisms. Blood. 2012;120:2650-7 pubmed..The PRIMA study is registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as NCT00140582. ..
- Hayette S, Thomas X, Jallades L, Chabane K, Charlot C, Tigaud I, et al. High DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B levels: a poor prognostic marker in acute myeloid leukemia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51527 pubmed publisher..Its quantification should be implemented to the genetic profile used to stratify patients for therapeutical strategies and should be useful to identify patients who may benefit from therapy based on demethylating agents. ..
- Pelascini E, Disse E, Pasquer A, Poncet G, Gouillat C, Robert M. Should we wait for metabolic complications before operating on obese patients? Gastric bypass outcomes in metabolically healthy obese individuals. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016;12:49-56 pubmed publisher..RYGB led to an increase of the metabolically healthy status and may prevent or delay the onset of metabolic disorders. ..
- Iung B, Doco Lecompte T, Chocron S, Strady C, Delahaye F, Le Moing V, et al. Cardiac surgery during the acute phase of infective endocarditis: discrepancies between European Society of Cardiology guidelines and practices. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:840-8 pubmed publisher..059). Cardiac surgery during acute IE was recommended in almost three out of four patients, although fewer than half were actually operated. Indication was not acknowledged by the attending physicians in one out of six patients. ..
- Lepelley M, Giai J, Yahiaoui N, Chanoine S, Villier C. Lactic Acidosis in Diabetic Population: Is Metformin Implicated? Results of a Matched Case-Control Study Performed on the Type 2 Diabetes Population of Grenoble Hospital University. J Diabetes Res. 2016;2016:3545914 pubmed publisher..According to this study, metformin, compared to acute medical conditions, seemed not to be associated with LA in patients with type 2 diabetes; however in case of AKI, metformin may be associated with LA. ..
- Franceschi S, Rajkumar T, Vaccarella S, Gajalakshmi V, Sharmila A, Snijders P, et al. Human papillomavirus and risk factors for cervical cancer in Chennai, India: a case-control study. Int J Cancer. 2003;107:127-33 pubmed..A vaccine against HPV 16 and 18 may be effective in more than three-quarters of ICC in the study area. ..
- Hermier M, Nighoghossian N, Derex L, Wiart M, Nemoz C, Berthezene Y, et al. Hypointense leptomeningeal vessels at T2*-weighted MRI in acute ischemic stroke. Neurology. 2005;65:652-3 pubmed
- Garnero P, Vergnaud P, Hoyle N. Evaluation of a fully automated serum assay for total N-terminal propeptide of type I collagen in postmenopausal osteoporosis. Clin Chem. 2008;54:188-96 pubmed..Because of its convenience and high throughput, this bone formation marker may be useful for the monitoring of patients with osteoporosis. ..