Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Locale: Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Publications629 found, 100 shown here
- Chidiac C, Maulin L. [Using antibiotics in case of influenza]. Med Mal Infect. 2006;36:181-9 pubmed..Neuraminidase inhibitors may be of interest for the management of influenza infected patients, because they can decrease the risk of bacterial complications and the use of antibiotics. ..
- Kerdiles Y, Cherif B, Marie J, Tremillon N, Blanquier B, Libeau G, et al. Immunomodulatory properties of morbillivirus nucleoproteins. Viral Immunol. 2006;19:324-34 pubmed..Altogether, these results suggest that nucleoprotein-FcR interaction is a common mechanism used by different Morbilliviruses to modulate the immune response. ..
- Tatli M, Satici O, Kanpolat Y, Sindou M. Various surgical modalities for trigeminal neuralgia: literature study of respective long-term outcomes. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2008;150:243-55 pubmed publisher..The study suggests that each surgical technique for treatment of trigeminal neuralgia has merits and limitations. However, MVD provides the highest rate of long-term patient' satisfaction with the lowest rate of pain recurrence. ..
- Cannesson M, Slieker J, Desebbe O, Bauer C, Chiari P, Henaine R, et al. The ability of a novel algorithm for automatic estimation of the respiratory variations in arterial pulse pressure to monitor fluid responsiveness in the operating room. Anesth Analg. 2008;106:1195-200, table of contents pubmed publisher..DeltaPP(auto) is strongly correlated to deltaPP(man) is an accurate predictor of fluid responsiveness, and allows continuous monitoring of deltaPP. This novel algorithm has potential clinical applications. ..
- Demarquay G, Royet J, Mick G, Ryvlin P. Olfactory hypersensitivity in migraineurs: a H(2)(15)O-PET study. Cephalalgia. 2008;28:1069-80 pubmed publisher..The abnormal cerebral activation patterns during olfactory stimulation might reflect altered cerebrovascular response to olfactory stimulation due to the migraine disease, or an abnormal top-down regulation process related to OHS. ..
- Lothe A, Didelot A, Hammers A, Costes N, Saoud M, Gilliam F, et al. Comorbidity between temporal lobe epilepsy and depression: a [18F]MPPF PET study. Brain. 2008;131:2765-82 pubmed publisher..These changes are likely to reflect lower extracellular serotonin concentration in more depressed patients, with an upregulation of receptors a less likely alternative. ..
- Millat G, Kugener B, Chevalier P, Chahine M, Huang H, Malicier D, et al. Contribution of long-QT syndrome genetic variants in sudden infant death syndrome. Pediatr Cardiol. 2009;30:502-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of more LQTS mutations in SIDS cases could provide new insights into the pathophysiology of SIDS and, consequently, reduce the number of unexplained sudden infant deaths...
- Gineyts E, Borel O, Chapurlat R, Garnero P. Quantification of immature and mature collagen crosslinks by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry in connective tissues. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2010;878:1449-54 pubmed publisher..This novel technique should be useful to quantify simultaneously DHLNL, HLNL, PYD and DPD in connective tissues and to evaluate the maturation of collagen by determination of the ratio between immature and mature enzymatic crosslinks...
- Morelon E, Pouteil Noble C, Daoud S, Cahen R, Goujon Henry C, Weber F, et al. Immunogenicity and safety of intradermal influenza vaccination in renal transplant patients who were non-responders to conventional influenza vaccination. Vaccine. 2010;28:6885-90 pubmed publisher..Further studies should be conducted in immunocompromised populations to validate the trends for higher efficacy of ID vs. conventional route of immunization against influenza. ..
- Couto E, Boffetta P, Lagiou P, Ferrari P, Buckland G, Overvad K, et al. Mediterranean dietary pattern and cancer risk in the EPIC cohort. Br J Cancer. 2011;104:1493-9 pubmed publisher..4% in women would be avoided in this population if study subjects had a greater adherence to Mediterranean dietary pattern. Greater adherence to a Mediterranean dietary pattern could reduce overall cancer risk. ..
- Aptel F, Beccat S, Fortoul V, Denis P. Biometric analysis of pigment dispersion syndrome using anterior segment optical coherence tomography. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:1563-70 pubmed publisher..The author(s) have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article. ..
- Cornut P, Youssef E, Bron A, Thuret G, Gain P, Burillon C, et al. A multicentre prospective study of post-traumatic endophthalmitis. Acta Ophthalmol. 2013;91:475-82 pubmed publisher..This series showed that better final VA outcomes were associated with initial VA better than light perception, S. epidermidis or culture-negative cases and absence of retinal detachment during the clinical course. ..
- Chazel M, Marchandin H, Keck N, Terru D, Carriere C, Ponsoda M, et al. Evaluation of the SLOMYCO Sensititre(®) panel for testing the antimicrobial susceptibility of Mycobacterium marinum isolates. Ann Clin Microbiol Antimicrob. 2016;15:30 pubmed publisher..The SLOMYCO Sensititre(®) panel method could provide a potential alternative to the reference agar dilution method, when DST in M. marinum is required, except for doxycycline. ..
- Kerbrat P, Desmoulins I, Roca L, Levy C, Lortholary A, Marre A, et al. Optimal duration of adjuvant chemotherapy for high-risk node-negative (N-) breast cancer patients: 6-year results of the prospective randomised multicentre phase III UNICANCER-PACS 05 trial (UCBG-0106). Eur J Cancer. 2017;79:166-175 pubmed publisher..39; CI 95% [0.91-2.13], P = .12). Differences in chemotherapy duration did not induce notably different outcomes in our cohort of high-risk patients. NCT00055679, Agence National de Sécurité du Médicament (ANSM) - France. ..
- Poltaretskyi S, Chaoui J, Mayya M, Hamitouche C, Bercik M, Boileau P, et al. Prediction of the pre-morbid 3D anatomy of the proximal humerus based on statistical shape modelling. Bone Joint J. 2017;99-B:927-933 pubmed publisher..This information can be used in the surgical planning and operative reconstruction of patients with severe degenerative osteoarthritis or with a fracture of the proximal humerus. Cite this article: Bone Joint J 2017;99-B:927-33. ..
- Thivolet C, Vial G, Cassel R, Rieusset J, Madec A. Reduction of endoplasmic reticulum- mitochondria interactions in beta cells from patients with type 2 diabetes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182027 pubmed publisher..We can conclude that specific changes in reticular and mitochondrial beta cell proteins characterize human type 2 diabetes with reduction in organelle interactions. This finding opens new targets of intervention. ..
- Charlot M, Sindou M, De Lansalut C, Jenoudet M, Mertens P, Alaywan M. [Levels of C-reactive protein and complement 4 fraction in hyperthermia secondary to microsurgical vascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia]. Neurochirurgie. 1995;41:343-8 pubmed..These reactions seemed more frequent with Dacron and Teflon than with Teflon alone. Though non significative this difference deserves confirmation by fuller investigations...
- Cornu C, Mercier C, Ffrench P, Bully C, Pugeat M, Cousin P, et al. Postmenopause hormone treatment in women with NIDDM or impaired glucose tolerance: the MEDIA randomized clinical trial. Maturitas. 2000;37:95-104 pubmed..Since these patients had a well-controlled NIDDM, results might be different in less well-controlled diabetes. The data do not support the hypothesis of an impaired oestrogen effect in patients with NIDDM. ..
- Peiretti A, Baghdassarian N, Gerland L, Ffrench P, Bryon P, Magaud J, et al. CDK2 is involved in the S-phase lengthening induced by glucocorticoids in normal human lymphocytes. Eur J Cell Biol. 2003;82:253-61 pubmed..All these results pinpoint the role of CDK2 in glucocorticoid-induced S-phase lengthening and the potential activator role of p21waf1 for CDK2 in human lymphocytes. ..
- Villet S, Bouzar B, Morin T, Verdier G, Legras C, Chebloune Y. Maedi-visna virus and caprine arthritis encephalitis virus genomes encode a Vpr-like but no Tat protein. J Virol. 2003;77:9632-8 pubmed..8-fold. Together, these data strongly suggest that the tat ORF in the SRLV genomes does not code for a regulatory transactivator of the LTR but, rather, for a Vpr-like accessory protein...
- Gemignani F, Moreno V, Landi S, Moullan N, Chabrier A, Gutierrez Enriquez S, et al. A TP53 polymorphism is associated with increased risk of colorectal cancer and with reduced levels of TP53 mRNA. Oncogene. 2004;23:1954-6 pubmed..However, we found reduced levels of TP53 mRNA associated with the A2 allele. In conclusion, the epidemiological study suggests a role for p53PIN3 in tumorigenesis, supported by the in vitro characterization of this variant. ..
- Touraine J, Sanhadji K, Sembeil R. Gene therapy for human immunodeficiency virus infection in the humanized SCID mouse model. Isr Med Assoc J. 2003;5:863-7 pubmed..Despite the marked reduction of HIV-1 propagation by IFN genes or by negative Tat and Rev transdominants, the gene therapy using soluble CD4 immunoadhesin or anti-gp41 was a more efficient preventive treatment against HIV infection. ..
- Rouberol F, Roy P, Kodjikian L, Gerard J, Jean Louis B, Grange J. Survival, anatomic, and functional long-term results in choroidal and ciliary body melanoma after ruthenium brachytherapy (15 years' experience with beta-rays). Am J Ophthalmol. 2004;137:893-900 pubmed..To analyze survival, radiation-related complications, local recurrence, enucleation, and visual acuity after ruthenium-106 irradiation of malignant uveal melanoma...
- Chapurlat R. Medical therapy in adults with fibrous dysplasia of bone. J Bone Miner Res. 2006;21 Suppl 2:P114-9 pubmed..Calcium, vitamin D, and phosphorus supplements may be useful in patients with deficiency. We are awaiting results from controlled trials testing bisphosphonates...
- Bouard D, Sandrin V, Boson B, Negre D, Thomas G, Granier C, et al. An acidic cluster of the cytoplasmic tail of the RD114 virus glycoprotein controls assembly of retroviral envelopes. Traffic. 2007;8:835-47 pubmed
- Lee Y, Marron M, Benhamou S, Bouchardy C, Ahrens W, Pohlabeln H, et al. Active and involuntary tobacco smoking and upper aerodigestive tract cancer risks in a multicenter case-control study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:3353-61 pubmed publisher..Public health interventions to reduce involuntary smoking exposure could help reduce UADT cancer incidence. ..
- Kinikoglu B, Rodriguez Cabello J, Damour O, Hasirci V. The influence of elastin-like recombinant polymer on the self-renewing potential of a 3D tissue equivalent derived from human lamina propria fibroblasts and oral epithelial cells. Biomaterials. 2011;32:5756-64 pubmed publisher..The scaffold proposed here presents great potential for tissue engineering applications, and also for studies of epithelial proliferation, and epithelial disorders including carcinogenesis. ..
- Hewett D, Kaltenbach T, Sano Y, Tanaka S, Saunders B, Ponchon T, et al. Validation of a simple classification system for endoscopic diagnosis of small colorectal polyps using narrow-band imaging. Gastroenterology. 2012;143:599-607.e1 pubmed publisher..We aimed to develop and evaluate the validity of a simple narrow-band imaging (NBI)-based classification system for differentiating hyperplastic from adenomatous polyps...
- Rousselle P, Beck K. Laminin 332 processing impacts cellular behavior. Cell Adh Migr. 2013;7:122-34 pubmed publisher..In this review, the biological and structural characteristics of laminin 332 domains are presented and we discuss whether they trigger specific functions. ..
- Arquès I, Vincent M, Olive C, Cabie A, Canivet I, Hochedez P. Clinical and microbiologic characteristics of children treated at the Fort de France university hospital after the 2010 Haiti earthquake. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2013;32:568-9 pubmed publisher..Bacteria were mainly Gram-negative bacteria. Some of these infections seemed to be environmental; a significant portion was related to acquisition during hospitalization. ..
- Bonnin M, Lustig S, Huten D. Extensor tendon ruptures after total knee arthroplasty. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2016;102:S21-31 pubmed publisher..The patient should be informed of this fact and plans made for a salvage option. Here, the main techniques and their outcomes are discussed, and a therapeutic strategy is suggested. ..
- Cottin V. The safety and tolerability of nintedanib in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2017;16:857-865 pubmed publisher..Algorithms are available to help manage diarrhea and liver enzyme elevations. Further investigation of the safety and tolerability profile of nintedanib when used in combination with pirfenidone is warranted. ..
- Maison O, de la Gastine B, Dayot L, Goutelle S. Prevalence and Risk Factors of Drug-Associated Corrected QT Prolongation in Elderly Hospitalized Patients: Results of a Retrospective Analysis of Data Obtained Over 6Â Months. Drugs Aging. 2017;34:545-553 pubmed publisher..The risk also increased with the number of QT-prolonging agents, especially in men. Those findings may help to mitigate the risk of long QT syndrome in elderly patients in clinical practice. ..
- Naville D, Lebrethon M, Kermabon A, Rouer E, Benarous R, Saez J. Characterization and regulation of the angiotensin II type-1 receptor (binding and mRNA) in human adrenal fasciculata-reticularis cells. FEBS Lett. 1993;321:184-8 pubmed..In these cells A-II negatively regulated AT1 receptor mRNA, and this effect was also mediated through the AT1 receptor subtype. ..
- Roques M, Vidal H. A phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase/p70 ribosomal S6 protein kinase pathway is required for the regulation by insulin of the p85alpha regulatory subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase gene expression in human muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34005-10 pubmed..These results indicate that the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/PKB/p70S6 kinase pathway is required for the stimulation by insulin of p85alphaPI 3-K gene expression in human muscle cells. ..
- Beghin A, Honore S, Messana C, Matera E, Aim J, Burlinchon S, et al. ADP ribosylation factor like 2 (Arl2) protein influences microtubule dynamics in breast cancer cells. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:473-85 pubmed..In summary, alterations in Arl2 protein content were found to be associated with modifications in tubulin pools, microtubule dynamics as well as cell cycle progression. ..
- Cimaz R, Cazalis M, Reynaud C, Gerloni V, Zulian F, Biggioggero M, et al. IL1 and TNF gene polymorphisms in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis treated with TNF inhibitors. Ann Rheum Dis. 2007;66:900-4 pubmed..The TNF and IL1 gene polymorphism studied did not seem to be associated with response to anti-TNF treatment. ..
- Nair H, Shu X, Volmink J, Romieu I, Spiegelman D. Cohort studies around the world: methodologies, research questions and integration to address the emerging global epidemic of chronic diseases. Public Health. 2012;126:202-205 pubmed publisher..This paper highlights the need for multiple cohort studies on chronic diseases around the world, and explores some of the challenges in establishing and maintaining these studies in resource-constrained settings. ..
- De Vuyst H, Alemany L, Lacey C, Chibwesha C, Sahasrabuddhe V, Banura C, et al. The burden of human papillomavirus infections and related diseases in sub-saharan Africa. Vaccine. 2013;31 Suppl 5:F32-46 pubmed publisher..Updates of the progress in the field are presented in a separate monograph entitled "Comprehensive Control of HPV Infections and Related Diseases" Vaccine Volume 30, Supplement 5, 2012. ..
- Hiriart E, Gruffat H, Buisson M, Mikaelian I, Keppler S, Meresse P, et al. Interaction of the Epstein-Barr virus mRNA export factor EB2 with human Spen proteins SHARP, OTT1, and a novel member of the family, OTT3, links Spen proteins with splicing regulation and mRNA export. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:36935-45 pubmed..Thus our results suggested a new function for Spen proteins related to mRNA export and splicing. ..
- Boukhebza H, Bellon N, Limacher J, Inchauspe G. Therapeutic vaccination to treat chronic infectious diseases: current clinical developments using MVA-based vaccines. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2012;8:1746-57 pubmed publisher..Clinical trials encompass phase 1 and 2 and have started to show significant results and promises. ..
- Duthel J, Constant H, Vallon J, Rochet T, Miachon S. Quantitation by gas chromatography with selected-ion monitoring mass spectrometry of "natural" diazepam, N-desmethyldiazepam and oxazepam in normal human serum. J Chromatogr. 1992;579:85-91 pubmed..The other two were present in only some individuals (1.0-7.6 pg/ml for N-desmethyldiazepam and 2.0-13.0 pg/ml for oxazepam). The origin (endogenous, dietary or microbial) of these substances is still to be elucidated. ..
- Dumontet C, Jaubert J, Sebban C, Bouafia F, Ardiet C, Tranchand B, et al. Clinical and pharmacokinetic phase II study of fotemustine in refractory and relapsing multiple myeloma patients. Ann Oncol. 2003;14:615-22 pubmed..Fotemustine as a single agent has definite activity in patients with relapsing or refractory multiple myeloma, with acceptable toxicity and can be administered at conventional doses in patients with mild or moderate renal impairment. ..
- Thobois S, Fraix V, Savasta M, Costes N, Pollak P, Mertens P, et al. Chronic subthalamic nucleus stimulation and striatal D2 dopamine receptors in Parkinson's disease--A [(11)C]-raclopride PET study. J Neurol. 2003;250:1219-23 pubmed..7 +/- 0.8 for the left putamen. No significant difference of BP related to the stimulation was noted. STN stimulation does not produce significant variations of striatal DA release as assessed by PET and [11C]-Raclopride. ..
- Blondet A, Doghman M, Durand P, Begeot M, Naville D. An E-box-containing region is involved in the tissue-specific expression of the human MC2R gene. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:811-23 pubmed
- Garcia Larrea L, Maarrawi J, Peyron R, Costes N, Mertens P, Magnin M, et al. On the relation between sensory deafferentation, pain and thalamic activity in Wallenberg's syndrome: a PET-scan study before and after motor cortex stimulation. Eur J Pain. 2006;10:677-88 pubmed..Restoration of thalamic activity in neuropathic pain might represent one important condition to obtain successful relief by analgesic procedures, including cortical neurostimulation. ..
- Seve P, Billotey C, Broussolle C, Dumontet C, Mackey J. The role of 2-deoxy-2-[F-18]fluoro-D-glucose positron emission tomography in disseminated carcinoma of unknown primary site. Cancer. 2007;109:292-9 pubmed..The authors conducted a comprehensive review of the efficacy of 2-deoxy-2-[F-18]fluoro-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) in the detection of primary tumors in patients with disseminated carcinoma of unknown primary site...
- Sebban C, Brice P, Delarue R, Haioun C, Souleau B, Mounier N, et al. Impact of rituximab and/or high-dose therapy with autotransplant at time of relapse in patients with follicular lymphoma: a GELA study. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:3614-20 pubmed publisher..The effect of these two strategies on the outcome of relapsing patients with follicular lymphoma has never been compared...
- Hours M, Bernard M, Arslan M, Montestrucq L, Richardson L, Deltour I, et al. Can loud noise cause acoustic neuroma? Analysis of the INTERPHONE study in France. Occup Environ Med. 2009;66:480-6 pubmed publisher..To investigate possible associations between risk of acoustic neuroma and exposure to loud noise in leisure and occupational settings...
- Badet M, Bayle F, Richard J, Guerin C. Comparison of optimal positive end-expiratory pressure and recruitment maneuvers during lung-protective mechanical ventilation in patients with acute lung injury/acute respiratory distress syndrome. Respir Care. 2009;54:847-54 pubmed..Sighs superimposed on lung-protective mechanical ventilation with optimal PEEP improved oxygenation and static compliance in patients with early ALI/ARDS. ..
- Demey G, Fary C, Lustig S, Neyret P, Si Selmi T. Does a collar improve the immediate stability of uncemented femoral hip stems in total hip arthroplasty? A bilateral comparative cadaver study. J Arthroplasty. 2011;26:1549-55 pubmed publisher..005). Collared uncemented stems have significantly greater immediate stability than collarless. They are able to withstand greater vertical and horizontal forces before the initiation of subsidence and subsequent fracture...
- Boselli E, Breilh D, Caillault Sergent A, Djabarouti S, Guillaume C, Xuereb F, et al. Alveolar diffusion and pharmacokinetics of linezolid administered in continuous infusion to critically ill patients with ventilator-associated pneumonia. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012;67:1207-10 pubmed publisher..However, the clinical benefit of continuous infusion in comparison with standard intermittent infusion is still to be determined. ..
- Puymirat E, Lamhaut L, Bonnet N, Aissaoui N, Henry P, Cayla G, et al. Correlates of pre-hospital morphine use in ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients and its association with in-hospital outcomes and long-term mortality: the FAST-MI (French Registry of Acute ST-elevation and non-ST-elevation Myocardial Infarctio. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:1063-71 pubmed publisher..Clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT00673036 (FAST-MI 2005); NCT01237418 (FAST-MI 2010). ..
- Andre M, Reghin S, Boussard E, Lempereur L, Maisonneuve S. Universal real-time PCR assay for quantitation and size evaluation of residual cell DNA in human viral vaccines. Biologicals. 2016;44:139-49 pubmed publisher..The method was successfully applied to a panel of Vero cell derived vaccines and could be used as a universal method for determination of both content and size distribution of rcDNA in vaccines. ..
- Spilman P, Corset V, Gorostiza O, Poksay K, Galvan V, Zhang J, et al. Netrin-1 Interrupts Amyloid-? Amplification, Increases sA?PP? in vitro and in vivo, and Improves Cognition in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;52:223-42 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data provide mechanistic insights into A? self-amplification and the ability of netrin-1 to disrupt it. ..
- Jamilloux Y, Kerever S, Ferry T, Broussolle C, Honnorat J, Seve P. Treatment of Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy With Mirtazapine. Clin Drug Investig. 2016;36:783-9 pubmed publisher..Except for natalizumab-associated PML, we did not highlight any potential benefit of mirtazapine on disease outcomes. Further interventional studies are needed to confirm that 5-HT2AR inhibition is relevant to treat PML. ..
- Bellanger A, Donini C, Vendrell J, Lavaud J, Machuca Gayet I, Ruel M, et al. The critical role of the ZNF217 oncogene in promoting breast cancer metastasis to the bone. J Pathol. 2017;242:73-89 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2017 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Boussema E, Labeeuw M, Colon S, Caillette A, Zech P. [Diseases associated with renal amyloidosis. Apropos of 216 cases]. Ann Med Interne (Paris). 1991;142:331-4 pubmed..Amyloidosis associated with this dysglobulinemia, of which 30% were myelomatous, represented more than 25% of the cases observed during the past decade and constituted, with rheumatoid arthritis, the two most common etiologies. ..
- Tilikete C, Hermier M, Pelisson D, Vighetto A. Saccadic lateropulsion and upbeat nystagmus: disorders of caudal medulla. Ann Neurol. 2002;52:658-62 pubmed..Upbeat nystagmus could be attributed to impairment of the nucleus intercalatus and/or cell groups of the paramedian tract. ..
- Sindou M. Microvascular decompression for primary hemifacial spasm. Importance of intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2005;147:1019-26; discussion 1026 pubmed..Increase in latency of Peak V and decrease in amplitude of Peak I are warning-signals of an excessive stretching of the the cochlear nerve and impairment of the cochlear vascular supply, respectively. ..
- Varron L, Broussolle C, Candessanche J, Marignier R, Rousset H, Ninet J, et al. Spinal cord sarcoidosis: report of seven cases. Eur J Neurol. 2009;16:289-96 pubmed publisher..Patients who received cyclophosphamide presented severe fungaemia. Based on our study and literature analysis, we propose an algorithm for treatment of spinal cord sarcoidosis. ..
- Heck J, Berthiller J, Vaccarella S, Winn D, Smith E, Shan gina O, et al. Sexual behaviours and the risk of head and neck cancers: a pooled analysis in the International Head and Neck Cancer Epidemiology (INHANCE) consortium. Int J Epidemiol. 2010;39:166-81 pubmed publisher..46) and, among men, with a history of same-sex sexual contact (OR = 8.89, 95% CI 2.14, 36.8). Sexual behaviours are associated with cancer risk at the head and neck cancer subsites that have previously been associated with HPV infection. ..
- Rheims S, Ryvlin P. Retigabine for partial onset seizures. Expert Rev Neurother. 2012;12:509-17 pubmed publisher..Long-term open-label extensions of these three pivotal trials are underway. RTG has recently been approved both in Europe and in the USA for the adjunctive treatment of partial-onset seizures in adults aged 18 years and above. ..
- Selistre L, De Souza V, Ranchin B, Hadj Aissa A, Cochat P, Dubourg L. Early renal abnormalities in children with postnatally diagnosed autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease. Pediatr Nephrol. 2012;27:1589-93 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, renal function in children with ADPKD should be regularly assessed in order to manage early renal dysfunction and even consider further therapeutic intervention. ..
- Ohgaki H, Kleihues P. The definition of primary and secondary glioblastoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:764-72 pubmed publisher..Despite a similar histologic appearance, primary and secondary glioblastomas are distinct tumor entities that originate from different precursor cells and may require different therapeutic approaches...
- Boissan M, Montagnac G, Shen Q, Griparic L, Guitton J, Romao M, et al. Membrane trafficking. Nucleoside diphosphate kinases fuel dynamin superfamily proteins with GTP for membrane remodeling. Science. 2014;344:1510-5 pubmed publisher..Thus, NDPKs interact with and provide GTP to dynamins, allowing these motor proteins to work with high thermodynamic efficiency. ..
- Jacob L, Kostev K. Prevalence of depression in type 2 diabetes patients in German primary care practices. J Diabetes Complications. 2016;30:432-7 pubmed publisher..Diabetes complications and high HbA1c levels had a substantial impact on depression in primary care patients with type 2 diabetes. ..
- Lawton P, Hemphill A, Deplazes P, Gottstein B, Sarciron M. Echinococcus multilocularis metacestodes: immunological and immunocytochemical analysis of the relationships between alkaline phosphatase and the Em2 antigen. Exp Parasitol. 1997;87:142-9 pubmed..These results suggest a putative functional relationship between the two antigens and that Em2 could originate from EmAP. ..
- Segouffin Cariou C, Billaud M. Transforming ability of MEN2A-RET requires activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3568-76 pubmed..In summary, these data are consistent with the notion that RET-mediated cell-transforming effect is critically dependent on the activation of the PI3K/AKT pathway. ..
- Saito T, Krutovskikh V, Marion M, Ishak K, Bennett W, Yamasaki H. Human hemangiosarcomas have a common polymorphism but no mutations in the connexin37 gene. Int J Cancer. 2000;86:67-70 pubmed
- Ferraro Peyret C, Quemeneur L, Flacher M, Revillard J, Genestier L. Caspase-independent phosphatidylserine exposure during apoptosis of primary T lymphocytes. J Immunol. 2002;169:4805-10 pubmed..Thus, caspase-independent PS exposure occurs in primary T cells during apoptosis induced by stimuli that do not trigger death receptors. ..
- Morfin F, Thouvenot D. Herpes simplex virus resistance to antiviral drugs. J Clin Virol. 2003;26:29-37 pubmed..A high level of gene polymorphism has also been reported for these genes, especially for TK. These results are useful for the development of rapid genotypic assays for the detection of mutations associated with resistance. ..
- Roussoulières A, Raisky O, Chalabreysse L, Dureau G, Cerutti C, Thieblemont C, et al. Identification and characterization of two genes (MIP-1beta, VE-CADHERIN) implicated in acute rejection in human heart transplantation: use of murine models in tandem with cDNA arrays. Circulation. 2005;111:2636-44 pubmed..We have demonstrated that the upregulation of MIP-1beta and downregulation of VE-cadherin may strongly participate in human acute heart rejection. ..
- Szecsi J, Drury R, Josserand V, Grange M, Boson B, Hartl I, et al. Targeted retroviral vectors displaying a cleavage site-engineered hemagglutinin (HA) through HA-protease interactions. Mol Ther. 2006;14:735-44 pubmed..These vectors will allow useful gene transfer applications into target cells exhibiting specific protease activities. ..
- Tavtigian S, Greenblatt M, Lesueur F, Byrnes G. In silico analysis of missense substitutions using sequence-alignment based methods. Hum Mutat. 2008;29:1327-36 pubmed publisher..We conclude that carefully validated computational algorithms, in the context of other evidence, can be an important tool for classification of missense variants. ..
- Kodjikian L, Salvanet Bouccara A, Grillon S, Forestier F, Seegmuller J, Berdeaux G. Postcataract acute endophthalmitis in France: national prospective survey. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:89-97 pubmed publisher..Progress toward standardization of preventive methods (eg, patient information, increased systemic antibiotic efficacy, more frequent corticosteroid use) has contributed to fewer vitrectomies. ..
- Mille F, Thibert C, Fombonne J, Rama N, Guix C, Hayashi H, et al. The Patched dependence receptor triggers apoptosis through a DRAL-caspase-9 complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:739-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that in the absence of its ligand Shh the dependence receptor Ptc serves as the anchor for a caspase-activating complex that includes DRAL, and caspase-9. ..
- Heudel P, El Karak F, Ismaili N, Droz J, Flechon A. Micropapillary bladder cancer: a review of Léon Bérard Cancer Center experience. BMC Urol. 2009;9:5 pubmed publisher..Micropapillary bladder cancer is probably an underreported variant of urothelial carcinoma associated with poor prognosis. Adjuvant chemotherapy might have a questionable efficacy and the optimal treatment strategy is yet to be defined. ..
- Shin H, Oh J, Masuyer E, Curado M, Bouvard V, Fang Y, et al. Epidemiology of cholangiocarcinoma: an update focusing on risk factors. Cancer Sci. 2010;101:579-85 pubmed publisher..Although progress on cholangiocarcinoma prevention and treatment has been steady, more studies related to classification and risk factors will be helpful to develop an advanced strategy to cure and prevent cholangiocarcinoma...
- Contie S, Voorzanger Rousselot N, Litvin J, Clezardin P, Garnero P. Increased expression and serum levels of the stromal cell-secreted protein periostin in breast cancer bone metastases. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:352-60 pubmed publisher..Bone metastases from breast cancer induce overexpression of periostin by surrounding stromal cells. Periostin could be a biochemical marker of the early stromal response associated to breast cancer bone metastasis formation. ..
- Herzberg G, Izem Y, Al Saati M, Plotard F. "PAF" analysis of acute distal radius fractures in adults. Preliminary results. Chir Main. 2010;29:231-5 pubmed publisher..The preliminary results of the use of this chart in 258 consecutive patients are presented. Four homogeneous groups of patients are described and the principles of their treatment are discussed. ..
- Millat G, Chanavat V, Crehalet H, Rousson R. Development of a high resolution melting method for the detection of genetic variations in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Clin Chim Acta. 2010;411:1983-91 pubmed publisher..Identification of more HCM mutations will provide new insights into genotype/phenotype relationships and will allow a better knowledge of the HCM physiopathology. ..
- Guerin C, Nesme P, Leray V, Wallet F, Bourdin G, Bayle F, et al. Quantitative analysis of acid-base disorders in patients with chronic respiratory failure in stable or unstable respiratory condition. Respir Care. 2010;55:1453-63 pubmed..The diagnostic performance of the Stewart approach was better than that of the conventional approach, even when corrected anion gap was taken into account. ..