Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Locale: Lyon, Auvergne Rhône Alpes, France
Publications407 found, 100 shown here
- Tilikete C, Vighetto A. [Functional anatomy of the vestibular nerve]. Neurochirurgie. 2009;55:127-31 pubmed publisher..Therefore, vestibular syndrome resulting from neurovascular compression syndrome of the VIIIth nerve may exist, but it is very difficult to prove using radiological imagery...
- Fort P, Bassetti C, Luppi P. Alternating vigilance states: new insights regarding neuronal networks and mechanisms. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;29:1741-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, we review human neurological disorders of the network responsible for sleep and propose hypotheses on the mechanisms responsible for REM behavior disorder and narcolepsy. ..
- Mortada H, Vieira C, Lerat E. Genes devoid of full-length transposable element insertions are involved in development and in the regulation of transcription in human and closely related species. J Mol Evol. 2010;71:180-91 pubmed publisher..The higher level of expression found for TE-rich genes in tumor and immune system tissues suggests that TEs play an important role in gene regulation. ..
- Vanbervliet B, Akdis M, Vocanson M, Rozieres A, Benetiere J, Rouzaire P, et al. Histamine receptor H1 signaling on dendritic cells plays a key role in the IFN-?/IL-17 balance in T cell-mediated skin inflammation. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:943-53.e1-10 pubmed publisher..Our data identify that histamine signaling through the H1R on DCs is an important early event conditioning the quality of the skin effector immune response. ..
- Villaudy J, Wencker M, Gadot N, Gillet N, Scoazec J, Gazzolo L, et al. HTLV-1 propels thymic human T cell development in "human immune system" Rag2?/? gamma c?/? mice. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002231 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the potential of the HIS Rag2?/??(c)?/? animal model to elucidate the initial steps of the leukemogenic process induced by HTLV-1. ..
- Zurek M, Boyer L, Caramelle P, Boczkowski J, Cremillieux Y. Longitudinal and noninvasive assessment of emphysema evolution in a murine model using proton MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2012;68:898-904 pubmed publisher..This technique, applied routinely in preclinical trials will represent a valuable tool for assessment of drug therapy efficacy. ..
- Fouillet A, Levet C, Virgone A, Robin M, Dourlen P, Rieusset J, et al. ER stress inhibits neuronal death by promoting autophagy. Autophagy. 2012;8:915-26 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, we conclude that autophagy is required for the neuroprotection mediated by mild ER stress, and therefore ER preconditioning has potential therapeutic value for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Terrier O, Diederichs A, Dubois J, Cartet G, Lina B, Bourdon J, et al. Influenza NS1 interacts with p53 and alters its binding to p53-responsive genes, in a promoter-dependent manner. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:2965-71 pubmed publisher..Based on these data, we propose that NS1 may contribute to p53-mediated cell fate decision during IAV infection. ..
- Maisonial Besset A, Witkowski T, Navarro Teulon I, Berthier Vergnes O, Fois G, Zhu Y, et al. Tetraspanin 8 (TSPAN 8) as a potential target for radio-immunotherapy of colorectal cancer. Oncotarget. 2017;8:22034-22047 pubmed publisher..2 treated tumors compared to controls. Overall, we provide a proof-of-concept for the use of [111In/177Lu]DOTA-Ts29.2 that specifically target in vivo aggressive TSPAN8-positive cells in CRC. ..
- Ebersold A, Noraz N, Grange J, Gasmi M, Grange M, Souche S, et al. Production and characterization of a monoclonal antibody directed against HTLV-1 p19: use in a specific capture enzyme immunoassay. Hybridoma. 1993;12:185-95 pubmed..The assay was found to be more specific and 10 times more sensitive than the reverse transcriptase (RT) assay, and the EIA test became positive three days earlier than RT assay for the HTLV-I cell lines supernatants. ..
- Ohgaki H, Fukuda M, Tohma Y, Huang H, Stoica G, Tatematsu M, et al. Effect of intragastric application of N-methylnitrosourea in p53 knockout mice. Mol Carcinog. 2000;28:97-101 pubmed..004), suggesting a slightly higher susceptibility to gastric carcinogenesis induced by MNU in p53(+/-) mice. Mol. Carcinog. 28:97-101, 2000. ..
- Ghersi Egea J, Strazielle N. Choroid plexus transporters for drugs and other xenobiotics. J Drug Target. 2002;10:353-7 pubmed..In this review, we describe the identity and mechanism of transport of the SLC and ABC members so far characterized at the choroid plexus...
- Harthé C, Claudy D, Dechaud H, Vivien Roels B, Pevet P, Claustrat B. Radioimmunoassay of N-acetyl-N-formyl-5-methoxykynuramine (AFMK): a melatonin oxidative metabolite. Life Sci. 2003;73:1587-97 pubmed..In rats, plasma AFMK showed a peak after melatonin injection, which confirmed the in vivo AFMK production as a melatonin metabolite. This AFMK assay is suitable for studies on melatonin metabolism. ..
- Fraize M, Sarciron M, Saboulard D, Azzouz S, Debard A, Bosquet G, et al. An in vitro model to evaluate the cytokine response in Echinococcus infections. Parasitol Res. 2004;92:506-12 pubmed..These findings suggest that EgA31 and the mixture EgA31/EgTrp/FABP1 generated an immunogenic response associated with a mixed Th1/Th2 cytokine...
- Le Guellec D, Morvan Dubois G, Sire J. Skin development in bony fish with particular emphasis on collagen deposition in the dermis of the zebrafish (Danio rerio). Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:217-31 pubmed..This suggests that the fibroblasts secrete a still unidentified signalling molecule that downregulates collagen production by the epidermis. ..
- Dernburg A, Rogier Saderne M, Chauve C, Zenner L. Consequences of the withdrawal of dimetridazole on intestinal parasitism in ducks. Vet Rec. 2005;156:148-50 pubmed
- Llambi F, Lourenco F, Gozuacik D, Guix C, Pays L, Del Rio G, et al. The dependence receptor UNC5H2 mediates apoptosis through DAP-kinase. EMBO J. 2005;24:1192-201 pubmed..Thus, the pair netrin-1/UNC5H2 may regulate cell fate by controlling the proapoptotic kinase activity of DAP-kinase. ..
- Khuth S, Strazielle N, Giraudon P, Belin M, Ghersi Egea J. Impairment of blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier properties by retrovirus-activated T lymphocytes: reduction in cerebrospinal fluid-to-blood efflux of prostaglandin E2. J Neurochem. 2005;94:1580-93 pubmed
- Prudhomme S, Bonnaud B, Mallet F. Endogenous retroviruses and animal reproduction. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2005;110:353-64 pubmed..We conclude with an insight on the evolutionary and epigenetic consequences of the relationships of ERV guests with their animal hosts. ..
- Zoghbi S, Trompette A, Claustre J, El Homsi M, Garzón J, Jourdan G, et al. beta-Casomorphin-7 regulates the secretion and expression of gastrointestinal mucins through a mu-opioid pathway. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;290:G1105-13 pubmed..Because intestinal mucins have a crucial mucosal protective function, dairy products containing beta-casomorphin-7 may improve intestinal protection and could have dietary and health applications. ..
- Hneino M, Bouazza L, Bricca G, Li J, Langlois D. Density-dependent shift of transforming growth factor-beta-1 from inhibition to stimulation of vascular smooth muscle cell growth is based on unconventional regulation of proliferation, apoptosis and contact inhibition. J Vasc Res. 2009;46:85-97 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta(1)-treated confluent vSMCs escaped contact inhibition and kept growing through unconventional regulation of p27(Kip1), cyclin E and suppression of apoptosis. ..
- Lambas Senas L, Mnie Filali O, Certin V, Faure C, Lemoine L, Zimmer L, et al. Functional correlates for 5-HT(1A) receptors in maternally deprived rats displaying anxiety and depression-like behaviors. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2009;33:262-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that 5-HT(1A) receptors are not substantially affected in adult Sprague-Dawley rats that were subjected to a maternal deprivation 3 h daily during the neonatal period. ..
- Perrard M, Chassaing E, Montillet G, Sabido O, Durand P. Cytostatic factor proteins are present in male meiotic cells and beta-nerve growth factor increases mos levels in rat late spermatocytes. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7237 pubmed publisher..In addition, they reinforce the view that NGF, by enhancing Mos in late spermatocytes, is one of the intra-testicular factors which adjusts the number of round spermatids that can be supported by Sertoli cells. ..
- Jossinet J. II.1. Elementary electrodynamics. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2010;152:69-80 pubmed..The passive response of cell membranes to weak applied signals enables bioelectrical tissue characterisation. Practical tools for electrical impedance spectroscopy are given with an overview of the most recent applications. ..
- Mandairon N, Sultan S, Nouvian M, Sacquet J, Didier A. Involvement of newborn neurons in olfactory associative learning? The operant or non-operant component of the task makes all the difference. J Neurosci. 2011;31:12455-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the involvement of newborn neurons in learning is subtly dependent on the nature of the behavioral task. ..
- Dourlen P, Bertin B, Chatelain G, Robin M, Napoletano F, Roux M, et al. Drosophila fatty acid transport protein regulates rhodopsin-1 metabolism and is required for photoreceptor neuron survival. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002833 pubmed publisher..Reducing Rh1 levels in rh1 mutants or depriving flies of vitamin A rescued photoreceptor cell death in fatp mutant flies. Our results indicate that fatp promotes photoreceptor survival by regulating Rh1 abundance. ..
- Caramel J, Papadogeorgakis E, Hill L, Browne G, Richard G, Wierinckx A, et al. A switch in the expression of embryonic EMT-inducers drives the development of malignant melanoma. Cancer Cell. 2013;24:466-80 pubmed publisher..This switch results in E-cadherin loss, enhanced invasion, and constitutes an independent factor of poor prognosis in melanoma patients. ..
- Labatut R, Richard F, Milne B, Quintin L, Lecestre D, Pujol J. Long-term effects of RU24722 on tyrosine hydroxylase of the rat brain. J Neurochem. 1988;51:1367-74 pubmed..Clonidine antagonized the activating effect of RU24722 following its injection but did not affect its long-term induction properties. ..
- Reymond I, Sergeant A, Tappaz M. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the cDNA encoding rat liver cysteine sulfinate decarboxylase (CSD). Biochim Biophys Acta. 1996;1307:152-6 pubmed..The validity of this correction is supported by the finding that the corrected reading frame encoded a peptide issued from CSD tryptic cleavage that was not encoded anywhere in the CSD sequence previously reported. ..
- Raffalli Mathieu F, Geneste O, Lang M. Characterization of two nuclear proteins that interact with cytochrome P-450 1A2 mRNA. Regulation of RNA binding and possible role in the expression of the Cyp1a2 gene. Eur J Biochem. 1997;245:17-24 pubmed
- Elefteriou F, Exposito J, Garrone R, Lethias C. Binding of tenascin-X to decorin. FEBS Lett. 2001;495:44-7 pubmed..We thus postulate that the association of TN-X with collagen fibrils is mediated by decorin and contributes to the integrity of the extracellular network. ..
- Merle P, Chevallier M, Levy R, Maisonnas M, Terradillos O, Ahmed SNS -, et al. Preliminary results of interferon-alpha therapy on woodchuck hepatitis virus-induced hepatocarcinogenesis: possible benefit in female transgenic mice. J Hepatol. 2001;34:562-9 pubmed..Whether c-myc and hepatocyte proliferation down-regulation could be relevant parameters of IFN-alpha efficiency for hepatocarcinogenesis prevention in cirrhotic patients should be established. ..
- Raudrant D, Rabe T. Progestogens with antiandrogenic properties. Drugs. 2003;63:463-92 pubmed..They also increase the choice of products available for women with normal skin and hair who are concerned about the possibility of developing seborrhoea or acne with other COCs. ..
- Abouzid K, Ndeboko B, Durantel S, Jamard C, Zoulim F, Buronfosse T, et al. Genetic vaccination for production of DNA-designed antibodies specific to Hepadnavirus envelope proteins. Vaccine. 2006;24:4615-7 pubmed..Interestingly, the comparison of different plasmid constructs showed the important differences in their efficacy of specific IgY antibodies induction in the sera and eggs of immunized ducks. ..
- Valcourt U, Merle B, Gineyts E, Viguet Carrin S, Delmas P, Garnero P. Non-enzymatic glycation of bone collagen modifies osteoclastic activity and differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5691-703 pubmed..We suggest that AGEs may play a role in the alterations of bone remodeling associated with aging and diabetes. ..
- Daubiné F, Le Gall C, Gasser J, Green J, Clezardin P. Antitumor effects of clinical dosing regimens of bisphosphonates in experimental breast cancer bone metastasis. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007;99:322-30 pubmed..2 cell tumor burden compared with vehicle, whereas a single preventive dose of zoledronic acid had no effect. Daily or repeated intermittent therapy with clinical doses of bisphosphonates inhibits skeletal tumor growth in a mouse model. ..
- Anginot A, Dacquin R, Mazzorana M, Jurdic P. Lymphocytes and the Dap12 adaptor are key regulators of osteoclast activation associated with gonadal failure. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e585 pubmed..Thus, our data support a role for lymphocytes during osteoclast differentiation and suggest that they may function as accessory cells when regular osteoclast function is compromised. ..
- Ricci E, Soto Rifo R, Herbreteau C, Decimo D, Ohlmann T. Lentiviral RNAs can use different mechanisms for translation initiation. Biochem Soc Trans. 2008;36:690-3 pubmed publisher..Our results show that HIV-1 is able to drive the synthesis of the Gag polyprotein both by a classical cap-dependent mechanism and an IRES, whereas HIV-2 and SIV appear to use exclusively an IRES mechanism. ..
- Torne Celer C, Moreau K, Faure C, Verdier G, Ronfort C. An improved self-deleting retroviral vector derived from avian leukemia and sarcoma virus. Arch Virol. 2008;153:2233-43 pubmed publisher..The inactivation procedure achieved here might improve the biosafety of retroviral vectors. ..
- Jombart T, Pontier D, Dufour A. Genetic markers in the playground of multivariate analysis. Heredity (Edinb). 2009;102:330-41 pubmed publisher..Finally, we tackle several questions of interest in which multivariate analysis has a great role to play, such as the study of the typological coherence of different genetic markers, or the investigation of spatial genetic patterns. ..
- Sulka B, Lortat Jacob H, Terreux R, Letourneur F, Rousselle P. Tyrosine dephosphorylation of the syndecan-1 PDZ binding domain regulates syntenin-1 recruitment. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10659-71 pubmed publisher..We propose that tyrosine dephosphorylation of syndecan-1 may regulate its association with cytoskeleton components. ..
- Hacini Rachinel F, Nancey S, Boschetti G, Sardi F, Doucet Ladevèze R, Durand P, et al. CD4+ T cells and Lactobacillus casei control relapsing colitis mediated by CD8+ T cells. J Immunol. 2009;183:5477-86 pubmed publisher..Probiotics with natural adjuvant effects on mucosal regulatory T cells may represent a valuable approach to alleviate the colitogenic effect of Tc1-type CD8(+) effectors...
- Cour M, Loufouat J, Paillard M, Augeul L, Goudable J, Ovize M, et al. Inhibition of mitochondrial permeability transition to prevent the post-cardiac arrest syndrome: a pre-clinical study. Eur Heart J. 2011;32:226-35 pubmed publisher..05). These data suggest that pharmacological inhibition of mPTP opening, added to basic life support, attenuates the post-CA syndrome and improves short-term outcomes in the rabbit model. ..
- Rheims S, Ryvlin P. Retigabine for partial onset seizures. Expert Rev Neurother. 2012;12:509-17 pubmed publisher..Long-term open-label extensions of these three pivotal trials are underway. RTG has recently been approved both in Europe and in the USA for the adjunctive treatment of partial-onset seizures in adults aged 18 years and above. ..
- Kayali S, Giraud G, Morle F, Guyot B. Spi-1, Fli-1 and Fli-3 (miR-17-92) oncogenes contribute to a single oncogenic network controlling cell proliferation in friend erythroleukemia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46799 pubmed publisher..The putative contribution of a similar ETS-miR-17-92 network module in other normal or pathological proliferative contexts is discussed. ..
- Despars G, Pandruvada S, Anginot A, Domenget C, Jurdic P, Mazzorana M. DAP12 overexpression induces osteopenia and impaired early hematopoiesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65297 pubmed publisher..Our data show that the overexpression of DAP12 results in both increased osteoclastogenesis and impaired hematopoiesis underlining the relationship between bone homeostasis and hematopoiesis. ..
- Banerjee P, Harada H, Tassew N, Charish J, Goldschneider D, Wallace V, et al. Ï’-secretase and LARG mediate distinct RGMa activities to control appropriate layer targeting within the optic tectum. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:442-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, two RGMa fragments activate distinct pathways resulting in different axonal responses. These data reveal how retinal projections are targeted to the appropriate layer in their target tissue. ..
- Diab A, Foca A, Fusil F, Lahlali T, Jalaguier P, Amirache F, et al. Polo-like-kinase 1 is a proviral host factor for hepatitis B virus replication. Hepatology. 2017;66:1750-1765 pubmed publisher..PLK1 is a proviral host factor that could be envisaged as a target for combined antiviral and antitumoral strategies against HBV infection and HBV-mediated carcinogenesis. (Hepatology 2017;66:1750-1765). ..
- Exposito J, Boute N, Deleage G, Garrone R. Characterization of two genes coding for a similar four-cysteine motif of the amino-terminal propeptide of a sea urchin fibrillar collagen. Eur J Biochem. 1995;234:59-65 pubmed..Curiously, one of these genes lacks the exons coding for four repeats of this motif while, in another gene, the same exons are submitted to an alternative splicing event...
- Bergerot I, Ploix C, Petersen J, Moulin V, Rask C, Fabien N, et al. A cholera toxoid-insulin conjugate as an oral vaccine against spontaneous autoimmune diabetes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:4610-4 pubmed
- Dutuit M, Didier Bazes M, Vergnes M, Mutin M, Conjard A, Akaoka H, et al. Specific alteration in the expression of glial fibrillary acidic protein, glutamate dehydrogenase, and glutamine synthetase in rats with genetic absence epilepsy. Glia. 2000;32:15-24 pubmed..Thus, astrocytes might be involved in the neuronal processes giving rise to epileptic seizures in this strain. ..
- Marie J, Astier A, Rivailler P, Rabourdin Combe C, Wild T, Horvat B. Linking innate and acquired immunity: divergent role of CD46 cytoplasmic domains in T cell induced inflammation. Nat Immunol. 2002;3:659-66 pubmed..These results indicate that CD46 plays a role in regulating the T cell induced inflammatory reaction and in fine-tuning the cellular immune response by bridging innate and acquired immunity. ..
- Touraine J, Sanhadji K, Sembeil R. Gene therapy for human immunodeficiency virus infection in the humanized SCID mouse model. Isr Med Assoc J. 2003;5:863-7 pubmed..Despite the marked reduction of HIV-1 propagation by IFN genes or by negative Tat and Rev transdominants, the gene therapy using soluble CD4 immunoadhesin or anti-gp41 was a more efficient preventive treatment against HIV infection. ..
- Fevre Montange M, Dumontel C, Chevallier P, Isnard A, Guigard M, Trouillas J. Localization of transforming growth factors, TGFbeta1 and TGFbeta3, in hypothalamic magnocellular neurones and the neurohypophysis. J Neuroendocrinol. 2004;16:571-6 pubmed..We suggest that TGFbeta secreted by the neurohypophysis regulates the proliferation and secretion of certain anterior pituitary cells. ..
- Mai W, Janier M, Allioli N, Quignodon L, Chuzel T, Flamant F, et al. Thyroid hormone receptor alpha is a molecular switch of cardiac function between fetal and postnatal life. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:10332-7 pubmed..These data describe a physiological situation under which conversion of TRalpha from apo-receptors into holo-receptors, upon changes in T3 availability, plays a determinant role in a developmental process. ..
- Verschelde C, Michonneau D, Trescol Biemont M, Berberich I, Schimpl A, Bonnefoy Berard N. Overexpression of the antiapoptotic protein A1 promotes the survival of double positive thymocytes awaiting positive selection. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1213-21 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest that A1 plays a specialized role in allowing survival of DP thymocytes and that its role can be distinguished from that of Mcl-1, Bcl-xl and Bcl-2. ..
- Bonneton F, Brunet F, Kathirithamby J, Laudet V. The rapid divergence of the ecdysone receptor is a synapomorphy for Mecopterida that clarifies the Strepsiptera problem. Insect Mol Biol. 2006;15:351-62 pubmed publisher..Protein alignments reveal that eight of 11 synapomorphies support an affinity between Strepsiptera and Coleoptera sequences. The affiliation of Strepsiptera to Diptera should therefore be rejected...
- Tauszig Delamasure S, Yu L, Cabrera J, Bouzas Rodriguez J, Mermet Bouvier C, Guix C, et al. The TrkC receptor induces apoptosis when the dependence receptor notion meets the neurotrophin paradigm. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:13361-6 pubmed..Thus, the death of neurons upon disappearance of NT-3 is not only due to a loss of survival signals but also to the active proapoptotic activity of the unbound TrkC dependence receptor. ..
- Fanton L, Belhani D, Vaillant F, Tabib A, Gomez L, Descotes J, et al. Heart lesions associated with anabolic steroid abuse: comparison of post-mortem findings in athletes and norethandrolone-induced lesions in rabbits. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2009;61:317-23 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the cardiotoxic potential of anabolic steroid abuse. ..
- Pantalacci S, Prochazka J, Martin A, Rothova M, Lambert A, Bernard L, et al. Patterning of palatal rugae through sequential addition reveals an anterior/posterior boundary in palatal development. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:116 pubmed publisher..Moreover, rugae will undoubtedly be powerful tools to further study the anteroposterior regionalization of the growing palate. ..
- Cour M, Gomez L, Mewton N, Ovize M, Argaud L. Postconditioning: from the bench to bedside. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther. 2011;16:117-30 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on the physiological preclinical data on both ischemic and pharmacological postconditioning that are relevant to their translation to clinical therapeutics. ..
- Castets M, Broutier L, Molin Y, Brevet M, Chazot G, Gadot N, et al. DCC constrains tumour progression via its dependence receptor activity. Nature. 2011;482:534-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that DCC functions as a tumour suppressor via its ability to trigger tumour cell apoptosis. ..
- Bérard J, Gueguen L. Accurate estimation of substitution rates with neighbor-dependent models in a phylogenetic context. Syst Biol. 2012;61:510-21 pubmed publisher..Model comparisons within the RN95 + YpR class show the importance of taking into account neighbor-dependent effects. An application of the method to the detection of hypomethylated islands is discussed. ..
- Beugnet F, Franc M. Insecticide and acaricide molecules and/or combinations to prevent pet infestation by ectoparasites. Trends Parasitol. 2012;28:267-79 pubmed publisher..At the same time, ease-of-use has been improved with the development of spot-on formulations. Progress has also been achieved through the development of antiparasitic drugs providing control of both external and internal parasites...
- Gallet M, Saidi S, Hay E, Photsavang J, Marty C, Sailland J, et al. Repression of osteoblast maturation by ERR? accounts for bone loss induced by estrogen deficiency. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e54837 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the late (maturation), but not early (commitment), negative effects of ERR? on the osteoblast lineage contribute to the reduced bone mineral density observed upon estrogen deficiency. ..
- Desvars Larrive A, Pascal M, Gasqui P, Cosson J, Benoit E, Lattard V, et al. Population genetics, community of parasites, and resistance to rodenticides in an urban brown rat (Rattus norvegicus) population. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184015 pubmed publisher..Our findings should stimulate future discussions about the development of a long-term rat-control management program in Chanteraines urban park. ..
- Napoletano F, Gibert B, Yacobi Sharon K, Vincent S, Favrot C, Mehlen P, et al. p53-dependent programmed necrosis controls germ cell homeostasis during spermatogenesis. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1007024 pubmed publisher..Drosophila and mouse spermatogenesis will thus be useful models to identify inducers of necrosis to treat cancers that are refractory to apoptosis. ..
- Messaoudi L, Yang Y, Kinomura A, Stavreva D, Yan G, Bortolin Cavaillé M, et al. Subcellular distribution of human RDM1 protein isoforms and their nucleolar accumulation in response to heat shock and proteotoxic stress. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:6571-87 pubmed..Finally, RDM1 null chicken DT40 cells displayed an increased sensitivity to heat shock, compared to wild-type (wt) cells, suggesting a function for RDM1 in the heat-shock response. ..
- Drici H, Gilbert C, Kihal M, Atlan D. Atypical citrate-fermenting Lactococcus lactis strains isolated from dromedary's milk. J Appl Microbiol. 2010;108:647-57 pubmed publisher..This study reveals new potential dairy lactococci starters of the biovariety diacetylactis able to grow rapidly in milk at a higher temperature in addition to their casein, lactose and citrate-utilizing abilities. ..
- Vendrell J, Thollet A, Nguyen N, Ghayad S, Vinot S, Bieche I, et al. ZNF217 is a marker of poor prognosis in breast cancer that drives epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion. Cancer Res. 2012;72:3593-606 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic targeting of ZNF217 of the TGF-? signaling pathway may benefit the subset of patients whose tumors express high levels of ZNF217. ..
- Jamilloux Y, Pierini R, Querenet M, Juruj C, Fauchais A, Jauberteau M, et al. Inflammasome activation restricts Legionella pneumophila replication in primary microglial cells through flagellin detection. Glia. 2013;61:539-49 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data demonstrate that microglial cells have a functional Naip5-NLRC4 inflammasome likely to be important to monitor and clear CNS infections by flagellated bacteria. ..
- Yvert G. 'Particle genetics': treating every cell as unique. Trends Genet. 2014;30:49-56 pubmed publisher..Here, I describe PTL and discuss their potential to enlarge our understanding of genotype-phenotype relations. ..
- Gherardi S, Ripoche D, Mikaelian I, Chanal M, Teinturier R, Goehrig D, et al. Menin regulates Inhbb expression through an Akt/Ezh2-mediated H3K27 histone modification. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:427-437 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests therefore that Menin could take an important part to the Ezh2-epigenetic repressive landscape in many cells and tissues through its capacity to modulate Akt phosphorylation. ..
- Mey A, Gandrillon O, McNagny K, Clegg D, Samarut J. The v-erbA oncogene blocks expression of alpha2/beta1 integrin a normal inhibitor of erythroid progenitor proliferation. Oncogene. 2002;21:2864-72 pubmed..Our data suggest that the interaction between erythroid progenitors and collagen, mediated by VLA-2, play a major role in the control of erythropoiesis in vitro and that this pathway is a target of the v-erbA oncogene. ..
- Lefkir Y, Malbouyres M, Gotthardt D, Ozinsky A, Cornillon S, Bruckert F, et al. Involvement of the AP-1 adaptor complex in early steps of phagocytosis and macropinocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:861-9 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest a new role of AP-1 at an early stage of phagosome and macropinosome formation. ..
- Ducrot V, Pery A, Mons R, Garric J. Energy-based modeling as a basis for the analysis of reproductive data with the midge (Chironomus riparius). Environ Toxicol Chem. 2004;23:225-31 pubmed..If no-effect concentrations were derived from these results, this may lead to an overprotective value. A relevant no-effect concentration could be derived from further investigations at the population level...
- Berthet C, Morera A, Asensio M, Chauvin M, Morel A, Dijoud F, et al. CCR4-associated factor CAF1 is an essential factor for spermatogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:5808-20 pubmed..The mCAF1-deficient mouse provides a new model of failed spermatogenesis in the adult that may be relevant to some cases of human male sterility. ..
- Dreux M, Pietschmann T, Granier C, Voisset C, Ricard Blum S, Mangeot P, et al. High density lipoprotein inhibits hepatitis C virus-neutralizing antibodies by stimulating cell entry via activation of the scavenger receptor BI. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18285-95 pubmed..Consistently, we show that antibodies targeted to HCV-E1 efficiently neutralize HCVpp and HCVcc in the presence of human serum. ..
- Wiart M, Davoust N, Pialat J, Desestret V, Moucharrafie S, Moucharaffie S, et al. MRI monitoring of neuroinflammation in mouse focal ischemia. Stroke. 2007;38:131-7 pubmed..The present study shows that MR-tracking of phagocyte cells is feasible in mice, which may have critical therapeutic implications given the potential neurotoxicity of activated microglia/macrophages in central nervous system disorders. ..
- Maallem S, Wierinckx A, Lachuer J, KWON M, Tappaz M. Gene expression profiling in brain following acute systemic hypertonicity: novel genes possibly involved in osmoadaptation. J Neurochem. 2008;105:1198-211 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of sodium-dependent neutral amino-acid transporter 2 may lead to the cellular accumulation of amino acids for adaptation to hypertonicity. ..
- De Luca K, Frances Duvert V, Asensio M, Ihsani R, Debien E, Taillardet M, et al. The TLR1/2 agonist PAM(3)CSK(4) instructs commitment of human hematopoietic stem cells to a myeloid cell fate. Leukemia. 2009;23:2063-74 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TLR agonists can bias the lineage commitment of human HSCs and shift the differentiation of lineage-committed progenitors to favor myelopoiesis at the expense of lymphoid B-cell development. ..
- Bastid J, Bouchet B, Ciancia C, Pourchet J, Audoynaud C, Grelier G, et al. The SNAIL family member SCRATCH1 is not expressed in human tumors. Oncol Rep. 2010;23:523-9 pubmed